Brilliant Confrontation
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Alycia Barnett
Residence
Themyscira
Missions
Ability
Amazon attributes & abilities; Feminum bracelets; Silver Bow & Zeus' Divine Lightning
Midtown- Coffee House and back to Charope LLC

John looked at her sympathetically, putting his hand over hers as she began to cry.

“You’re not a fool, Alycia. You’re just stuck in the middle of some really fucked up shit.”
:: Alycia, looked away for a moment. She squeezed John's hand, before slowly withdrawing it and dabbing her hazel eyes with a hankerchief::

For far longer than I wanted to acknowledge, apparently.

I found myself wishing that...I'd never returned to them during the blue moon. It's a terrible thing to say, because Delilah needed help, and these were my FRIENDS, I loved them.

But where some of them :: Namely Cameron and Haleigh:: are concerned, you can do everything you know to do, give all your best, and it's still for nothing. You can't satisfy a BLACK HOLE.

:: She said that bitterly as she shook her head, wipping away lingering tears once more.::

“I’m so sorry, Alycia, for whatever it is she’s put you through. Sounds like you were a true friend to her, and she didn’t give that back to you the way she should have.”
No, she didn't. She has no respect for personal boundaries OR other people's relationships...

NEITHER of them did.

And that...ties into why I have no problem BELIEVING Sharon, John.

You don't know these people like Sharon and I do. We've been in their world. We've seen how they behave, how they treat each other, and others. I can't say that I was a VICTIM of the Six...

The way Vivica Lennox was....

...Haleigh herself said that even as a non powered human, I proved to be just as formidable and even DANGEROUS an adversary as any one else she'd face on OR off the battle field.

I...took that as a COMPLIMENT.

For better or for worse, Sharon and I were immersed in their world, part of why we appear before you as we do today is because of THEM.

MOST of it has served a purpose, and I wouldn't want it changed...but if I one thing to do again?

:: She looked past John for a moment, out of the picture window and toward the city scape outside::

I wouldn't have come back to them during the Blue Moon.

:: She knew how terrible that was to say, because a BIG part of why she came back was to help Delilah, and to help the Six SURVIVE that night, but...what she REALLY wished she could have avoided, was allowing herself to enter into CAMERON'S orbit, and thus, AVOID that heart draining, disillusionment that came with having a personal relationship with Cameron King AND a friendship (if you could even call it that) with Haleigh Davidoff.::

I could have gone ANYWHERE in the world from Themyscira.

But I went to THEM.

I played myself. But the great thing about life is that when you make a MISTAKE, you have chances to CORRECT that mistake. CORRECT, recover and MOVE ON.

:: Cameron wouldn't even be in her reare view mirror anymore. She'd write him OUT of her story from here on::

:: On to Zach, who figured into what Alycia was saying more than she was telling Steel.::

Steel blew the air out of his cheeks.

“Well, then, he’s going to need YOU to see clearly for the both of you.”

He smiled, a little sadly.

“If this woman is really what you say she is, then we need to protect Zach while he can’t protect himself. Sometimes you can’t tell someone what’s right in front of their face, until they eventually see it themselves. He might have to figure it out for himself, but that doesn’t mean we have to let him crash and burn in the process.”
:: She looked away from Steel again for a moment, smirking as she laughed a bit::

I thought he and I WOULD be there for each other when we were hurt by the people we were...involved with.

That "thing" that Haleigh did to me? Like i told you, it involves him more than a little bit too.

Zach and I...we WERE friends. I don't know what we are now. And I don't know if I CAN be friends with a man who would romanticize Haleigh, KNOWING what she's done not only to me, but to HIM as well. To me...that's no better than a domestic violence victim defending his or her abuser.

::Sighing as she leaned back and stretched a bit::

Zach and I have been overlapping for years, John.

We saw quite a bit of each other in Illustra when he lived with Haleigh, and my satellite office was on the 99th floor of that tower. When Spellbinder and Sharon died the night the city was attacked by Master Mold, Zach was hit hard. It wasn't just the toll that the losses took on Haleigh, it was SHARON. He...used to be her page when she was a Senator.

We survived many events together, we were even evacuated to Limbo by Shadow Weaver together.

:: She still recalled what she said to Zach the moment before Karen teleported them, and the pets to Limbo. She still remembers the sights, the sounds, the sensations of being in that eldritch dimension, and how she had to help steady and take care of Zach, who was nearly renderd comatose by the psychic energy that slammed his empathic senses while they were there.>>

Let me tell you...J.K. Rowling needs to meet Spellbinder and Shadow Weaver before she rights ANOTHER book about magick.

Zach has been close to myself and Sharon for a long time...but I think that's over now...and once again...HALEIGH is at the root of it.

You mentioned she and I being enraged by him sleeping with Valkyrie?

It's because we KNOW him. We CARE about him, we TRUSTED him in so many ways...and KNOWING what he went through with Haleigh, NEITHER of us wants to see him go through anything remotely SIMILAR to that with someone like Ashley who is WORSE than Haleigh.

:: Alycia stops herself. She can't let her thoughts be LEAD by what is a heart beat away from HATRED of Ashley, so she reorients herself.::

We CARED about him, John.

When Sharon died, and I was forced into exile, he succeed me in my special federal role, he also took over my portfolio, and carried on the work and projects that I had been overseeing. One of those projects was ROSE and her sanctuary.

I've talked to Zach many times before, worked with him closely, and he's a wonderful man.

We KNEW what kind of risk we were facing when it came to our interpersonal relationships with various individuals in the Six, and we had this....agreement...that we'd watch out for each other, and BE there for one another when the darkness closed in.

But...now that darkness is here...and our promise seems to have been an empty one. He didn't come to me. He went to HER [Ashley]. SHE doesn't know his situation, his history, or what was at stake for him, and even if she did, would she CARE?

I know you care about her, but she TRAMPLES on the feelings and sensibilities of others left and right!

He couldn't TALK to her about what happened, he couldn't discuss things with her and get any kind of empathy or support. He could ONLY go to her for ONE THING, and the man that I knew and RESPECTED required MORE than that to process events like this.

It just looks to me like he's compounding one mistake with another.

:: She shakes her had and looks at John::

John, Black Widow, and her MOTHER, Malice, are coming for us. You all aren't ready. You don't know how deep it goes with them, how DEPRAVED they are. They're already striking out at people we know, while noticeably holding OFF on attacking the Six outright.

Sharon and I know these women, and what they're capable of. Isis does too. We're NOT "JEALOUS", we're NOT being unreasonable....we're recognizing the DANGER for what it is and we'd RATHER not see any of you suffer or DIE the way some of the Six have.

But how can we be effective if no one will BELIEVE us?

:: He could see the sadness on her face::

How can I help Zach...or protect him...when he doesnt WANT my help? I THOUGHT I knew him...but apparently that was ANOTHER mistake I made.

:: and she tied this back to Ashley::

Do you even know for sure that ASHLEY WANTS to BE helped?

When we HELP people, we have a RIGHT to expect that help will MEAN something, will effect SOME kind of change. Otherwise, it's like watering a DEAD PLANT.

:: She began to collect her things together::

Thank you for sitting with me, John, and talking. I...needed this time, and it was well spent.

:: She smiled at him as she packed up her things.::

I'm going to head back to my office. I have a phone call I need to return and I don't want to do it out in the open.

Anytime you need me...or just want to stop by, you know the address, you have my contact information.

:: She stands up and so does John, and takes his hand, squeezing it::

I'll see you later, John.

:: A short time later, back at Charope, LLC, Alycia was in her office suite and she pulled up the voice mail from Zizi on her phone::

“Hi Alycia, I just wanted to check in on you this morning and see how you were doing. Also wanted to check and see if you still were planning on contacting Rose? Well, call me back when you get this. Bye!”
:: Alycia closed her eyes and soon, tears fell from them. Zizi's voice was both comforting AND convicting to Alycia. Imagine THAT! The one-time accused now convicting the former ADA, without even TRYING!::

:: Zizi and John had valid points about Ashley, but so did Alycia. COULD she find a way to reconcile the two in herself? She approached this as she had other cases in the pass. Starting with John at the coffee house, she used COMMUNICATION, and now, she was going to continue by focusing on the parts, and people that she COULD reoncile in herself, maybe creating a PATH to the one person/issue she COULDN'T.::

:: That was part of what a legal counselor did. There was ALWAYS more than one method of approach.::

:: She soon opens her eyes again, and presses the "call back" button next to Zizi's picture on her phone::

:: After a few rings, Zizi answers...::

Hi, Zizi. It's Alycia. I received your voicemail. Thank you for thinking of me!

Oracle

The Eye in the Sky
The Six
Real Name
Elizabeth York
Missions
Ability
Genius, Hacker
The Clocktower

She waited for Zach’s reaction, and he ended up pulling her into an impromptu hug.

Zach said:
"Ziz..... you're amazing. Phenomenal. Brilliant."
She smiled broadly.

“That’s why they pay me the big bucks…”

After a beat:

“Well, actually they don’t pay me at all. Zach, honey, you’re squeezing me a little too tight.”

Zach said:
"She must've snuck this in, thinking in digital code the entire TIME she was working with this video, and Malice would have no way of even knowing there was something amiss. Well played."
“Yeah, until Malice’s in one of our general directions and picks it from OUR minds. We have to proceed very carefully with this. That’s why you’re the only one I called.”

Zach said:
"Need to spend all my lives. Malice will have the advantage as long as she has control of my bodies. What's with the plural form? Is there something Sharon didn't tell us?"
Zizi’s brow furrowed in thought. After a moment she shook her head.

“I don’t know…it’s nothing that I can think of from anything Vivica has given me over the past few days.”

Her phone began to ring.

“Hold on.”

She answered.

“Hello?”

Alycia said:
”Hi, Zizi. It's Alycia. I received your voicemail. Thank you for thinking of me!”
“Hi! How are you feeling this morning? Are you okay?”

Zizi typed into the console so that Zach could read her words on the screen:

Alycia. Ask her about help from Sharon? Viv talk to Cam instead?

MorningStar

The Light in the Darkness
The Six
Real Name
Delilah Trelaven
Residence
The Parthenon, NYC
Missions
Ability
Transducing Light into Sound (and vice versa)
The Parthenon – Delilah’s Suite

<< Earlier >>

Delilah was finishing putting on her makeup in the bathroom, when she heard her cell phone ring in the next room. Coming out of the bathroom, she heard her door click open and a familiar voice call her name.

Oh what the HELL?

She picked up the phone. It was Bishop.

Maxim [on the phone]: "Hey. Wasn't sure if you'd be awake yet. I was thinking...maybe we could grab some breakfast?"

She peered out into the hallway where Andrew was still calling out her name.

[into the cell] "Oh. I'd like to but it's really not a good time."

And then Andrew appeared in the doorway, wearing a suit.

Andrew: "Hey, Delilah - want to get something to eat?"

Maxim [on the phone]: "Of course. The punk kid is there."

[into the cell] "Maxim, no-"

How was she going to explain this?

Maxim [on the phone]: "Sorry to have bothered you."

[into the cell] “No! Wait!”

But he had already hung up. She sighed, then looked up at Andrew – the look on her face decidedly NOT happy.

“Andrew, what the hell are you doing in my apartment? How did you even get in here?!”

Andrew: “I still have a key.”

He held it up. She snatched it out of his hand. He held up both hands in a placating manner.

Andrew: “Fair enough. I’ve got to get to work soon but I thought maybe we could get a quick bite and talk?”

She looked at him like he had six heads.

“Talk? NO. Listen, Andrew, you can’t keep doing this. First that weird text message and now this? I’m sorry, it’s over, you can’t just show up here whenever you want!”

Andrew: “But-“

“OUT!”

<< Now >>

Delilah had stewed all morning. Andrew had arrived at the most terrible time possible, and Maxim had DEFINITELY gotten the wrong idea. But maybe that wasn’t such a bad thing. She hadn’t told him that she had broken things off with Andrew, but she wasn’t sure why. She guessed it kept things…safe.

Staying in her room wasn’t helping things at all, so she decided she needed to get out and breathe the fresh New York air. Coming out the main doors of the Parthenon, she waved off the doorman’s offer of a cab and started walking downtown.

Malice

The White Queen
The Sisterhood
Real Name
Diana Carver
Missions
Ability
Telepathy, Psi Lightning, Psychic reflection, Psionic Siphoning, Transiamorphic diamond form
Hellfire Catacombs- meeting of the minds

Lord Ravena laughed heartily.

She walks the Winding Way. That makes her a child of mine in spirit if not in flesh. And that has still yet to be determined. What is the legend from America the small children read of? Johnny Appleseed. Consider me the Johnny Appleseed of magic and the undead.

He was enjoying himself immensely. And why not? Watching Diana work was a pleasure, even when t was pain. Even when the target of the pain was him. Pain was greater than nothing; he would be fine with pain as it came.

:: Malice eyed Ravena with her striking opal blue eyes and nodded as he replied about Ms. Sefton. ::

Hmmm.

:: She raised one of her legs, that was crossed at her knee, alloing it to brush along Ravena's leg::

I DO enjoy EXPLORING legends. There's ALWAYS a core of TRUTH to them, and in your case, it has been MOST satisfying.

:: Ravena was not like other men in the past that had tried Malice, or who tried romancing her. He had POWER, and his powers worked VERY well in tandem with her powers and very nature. There was a chemistry between them that couldn't be manufactured.::

:: He approached things with style and he had a heightened awareness that many people, flatscan or other wise, simply LACKED in this age of "point and click", reliance on technology and obsession what was "HOT" or "NOW." ::

Well, considering that the era of "AMATEUR HOUR" at the European branch might have FINALLY come to an end with the bloody "revolution" incited by yourself and Domino, perhaps it'll serve our interests to strengthen ties and associations with the European branch. I must admit...i AM intrigued by Ms. Sefton.

Spellbinder, Harbinger, Shadow Weaver, and even Isis are all so...UP TIGHT. Isis' snobbery WAS amusing, especially since it irked our dear Helena.

:: She looked at Ravena knowigingly. It was the first time, SINCE the two of them had met that she uttered THEIR names aloud in front of him. but again, they were ALONE, so now was as good a time as any to speak freely. But the fourth one, ISIS, she was largely a mystery to him. He knew of HER background, her , legends and orgin, including her BROTHER, and her NEPHEW, as well as the ORIGINAL Isis' relationship with Persephone and ONE OTHER ;) ::

Somehow, I think YOU would have found HER [Isis] intriguing.

But alas, the woman decided that she had a..."HIGHER purpose" than being at the seat of POWER, and NOW she's slumming it with that disgraced failure of an ex-red rook, Ashley Oldenburg.

:: Diana NEVER got tired of saying that., because she KNEW Dominique wouldn't have knowingly alligned herself with someone like ASHLEY. Dominique may have been permanently AGITATED by anyone and everything around her, but Diana and Helena showed her THEY were on her level in every way that counted, and she recognized that. To go from THEM to people like Valkyrie and Recall was like going from caviar to hamburger helper.::

Speaking of Oldenburg, we have some White Court business to handle.

Oldenburg crawled back into the mansion recently, hoping to run her best Mata Hari routine on her former lover, the Red Kinght, Berserker. She thought she'd be able to get "INTEL" about US from HIM.

:: snickering at the absurdity of it all::

He humiliated her completely. He REMINDED her that her status was LESS than NOTHING within these walls...AND his bed.

But THEN, my WHITE PRINCESS happened upon them, and instead of dealing with Oldenburg as an INTRUDER, she LET the girl LEAVE in tact and unharmed.

:: She looked at Ravena, with a noticeably UNHAPPY expression on her face.::

She will be PUNISHED for her dereliction of duty. You'll want to be present for that.

:: Ravena had observed how HARD Malice had been on Scion for nearly TWO weeks now. He thought she'd handled Maxine roughly when THEY first met, but her UNYIELDING heavy hand on Haleigh made even HIM recoil at times. There was something very primal about her attitude toward the white princess. He KNEW she was Malice's daughter, but Malice seemed more intent on DESTROYING her than anything else. Perhaps it made him wonder about his OWN mother?::

:: After his reply, they moved on to Talisman::

Amongst those who cast, especially one with special sight as she has, I can simply say what I wish to her. She cannot ignore one such as I should I wish to be heard. I have made the effort to place in her sight a formal invitation; her new attitude and her growth into more of her potential have been noted. She still has more path to walk and I cannot see the need for the marriage she has brokered, but I will bore you another time with the philosophy of magic. As a courtesy, I plan to engage her first on her outlook.

Having Alice accompany us allows me to engage her as well. And my dear Maxine knows she may accompany me as she wishes. I am most pleased that the two of you have developed a synergy. I appreciate the fact that you made the effort, I will not waste time cerebrating as to why. I will simply appreciate it.
Very good. Talisman HAS improved since the Black Out Party. She was on a collision course to be united with HERSELF (Witchfire) in the AQUA RING of the Arklay replica if she HADN'T changed course.

But is she READY to face THOSE two?

:: gesturing to images of Prophet and Harbinger::

She disavows ANY familial bond to them, but LOOK at Alison Marble...she certainly has her "MOTHER'S" Eyes.

And I KNOW Cameron King VERY well. He's one of my FAVORITE victims.

:: she licked her glossed lips. Ravena could see she had..something like a..."HUNGER" when it came to the young telepath. He had the same feeling toward some HIS victims, past and present::

The one thing he wants, more than anything, is a chance to KNOW about his family, to EXPERIENCE more of them, even if it's for a brief period.

Alison Marble, on the other hand, will be ready to murder Talisman on SIGHT.

If Cameron tries to stop her?

:: Malice tilts her head a bit, smiling at the thought, and then ANOTHER...::

Imagine the CONSTERNATION we could cause in Talisman if we brought HARBINGER into the fold!

While I can't read Harbinger's mind, her EMOTIONS are quite discernable to me, as are her motivations. She's a stone cold KILLER, as HARD as her last name would imply, and precog to boot, making her victims doomed from the start.

::FLASH!::

Seer said:
<< Central Park, Malice and Blackout Vs. The surviving members of the Six>>

Harbinger said:
I am a PRECOG you traitor, I know your moves BEFORE you make them, and it will take more than YOU to one up me. it is YOU will be silenced tonight!

::holding her hand out::

HEART

::No matter what Alexis had become...she was still human, and still possesed of vital organs...all composed of molecules. Guardian LASHED OUT at Alexis' heart....SLOWING it with her telekinetic power causing loss of blood flow as well as all but totally TELEBLINKING IT from out of her body. The tugging of dark magick on Alexis' heart would cause palpatations, chest pains, shortness of breath, pain in her arms, numbness all over her body.::

:Guardian was out for blood, and it showed.::
She REVELS in violence. There's more MALICE in her soul than she OR her mother would want to acknowledge.

::FLASH!::

Seer said:
<< Central Park, Malice and Blackout vs. Harbinger.>>

Harbinger said:
Nice try, Black out, but you have been taken at your measure, and found WANTING. now SAY GOOD BYE!

:: Guardian gestures ala Prue Halliwell, and unleashes a forcefull dose of telekinetic power. a rushing chiming sound is heard as Guardian TK's Blackout all the way OUTof central park and sends her roughly sprawling down a street several blocks away::

now that the TRASH has been taken out....perhaps you and i should get to know each other....oh "White queen."

::a face off between Guardian and Malice was about to begin::

Malice said:
:: Malice was knocked off her feet as well ....instinctively covering herself with her cape to shield from any flying debris. she immediately sat up as Guardian confronted Blackout and then viciously tk'ed her out of the PARK. the power she possesed and the willingness to use it were definately lethal edged.::

well, that was QUITE an entrance, witch.

::with grace and quickness, Malice is on her feet, and battle ready.::

I dont doubt that YOU are the one who would most readily kill Alexis. You're as bloodthirsty as Spellbinder was....no wonder you two were close friends. It appears that you have surpassed your mother, Kelly King,in the manipulation of Dark Magick and your disdain for your family is well noted. Is that why you changed your last name from "King" to "Marble"? to distance yourself from the woman whom you felt too incompetent to live and the brother and sister who were too NEEDY?

You ARE as cold hearted and HARD as your namesake, Alison Marble. How long before you deem Foxfire too "implusive" to live, or MorningStar too "compasionate" to be effective....how long before you STOP trusting Black Widow again....after all....it was SHE who let Spellbinder perish with Master Mold in the Seige Perilous. The Seige Perilous....the gem YOU unleashed...isnt that right? YOU orchestrated Spellbinder's death....didnt you Ms. Marble. Does THAT make you as INCOMPETENT as your MOTHER?

:: Malice looked Alison square in the eye...as she smiled wickedly and laughed softly....::

Tell me, Precog....is my "foreseight" in to your marble hard, black heart as "long range" as your precognition? Am i right to assume that it is only a matter of time before your team mates fall before YOUR wrath....as you continue to supress those feelings and struggle with the guilt of knowing IT'S YOUR FAULT that your BEST FRIEND Spellbinder and Senator Sharon Kelly are DEAD?

Harbinger said:
:: Guardian squared off with Malice...standing battle ready herself as the white queen got to her feet and began to speak ....speaking To and THROUGH Alison with those telling words.::

:: true enough the telepath couldnt breach Alison's psi shields...but something was happening to her on another level....her EMOTIONS. she felt bitterness at the thought of her mother....repulsion at the thought of her siblings.....sadness, guilt and loss at the thought of Morgan....and the feeling of being OVERWHELMED as Malice asked her how long before she would come to loathe the rest of the Six. This woman was suggesting that Alison was a ticking time bomb....destined to be just as deadly as Morgan was during the Inferno. Imagiomg had said the same thing before he possesed her......it was all coming to the surface as she felt herself loosing control::

:: Malice apparently was manipulating her EMOTIONS...something that not even a Psi Screen could protect against. ::

SHUT UP! SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!

:: Guardian screamed in a way she had never sounded before...as her voice boomed and reverberated.::

I'LL KILL YOU!!! RIGHT HERE! RIGHT NOW!

:: Guardian lashes out, gesturing like Prue and unleashing a Telekinetic Bomb Blast one of the most deadly expressions of telekinetic power ...the LOUD sound of rushing wind and chimes is heard ALL THROUGH THE AIR of central park...followed by a roll of thunder as a massive, circular wave of power charges madly for Malice...it ravages the ground and even the AIR it touches/passes through. Without even realizing it though, Guardian played RIGHT into Malice's trap::

Malice said:
:: Malice watched with a glint in her opal blue eyes as Guardian's emotions were FINALLY unleashed in one powerfull burst. A witch's power was tied into her emotions and though Alison did a fantastic job at surpressing her emotions from her friends and family...Malice KNEW that this woman's heart was as black...if not BLACKER than her mother's...::

:: Guardian screamed and gave into the RAGE as she lashed out with a telekinetic attack that would have killed anyone else and RAVAGE any of the large buildings in NYC....but not so with Malice::

NO, precog, You'll do NOTHING OF THE SORT.

:: Malice swept her cape back and stepped forward...as a strange "crystalizing" sound was heard...she TRANSFORMED into her DIAMOND FORM...becoming a woman composed of the purest blue/white diamond from head to toe...her body gleamed and shimmered as she thrust out her hand in a STOP gesture and as the telekinetic bomb blast charged madly for her....it COLLIDED with another FIELD of energy....MALICE's power of "DEFLECTION" ...a power whose limits had yet to be defined.::

::the sound of two energies clashing and warping could be heard as Malice, in her diamond form PUSHED BACK against the oncoming onslaught with her now shift x class super strength and her deflection power...and in a truly shocking moment...she sends the telekinetic bomb blast BACK at Guardian with just as much vigor.::

Instead...I will see you do your worst...and RETURN IT TO YOU!

Harbinger said:
::Guardian's staggered back with SHOCK as Malice transformed into a diamond form, and seemed to move without missing a beat. She DEFLECTED Guardian's telekinetic attack BACK at her and anyone behind her.::

::worse, Malice had subtlely manipulated Alison's closely guarded emotions in such a precise way...that she caused the normally logical and cold Seer to lash out with a blood thirsty impulse that now placed everyone in peril::

::ignoring Blackout for the moment, Guardian frantically crafted a plan of action. Malice may have prooven to be even more powerfull than initially suspected...but she still didnt know ALL of the powers of each member of The Six....including Alison's TELEBLINKING::

The SIX

::extending her OTHER hand toward Malice and Blackout::

Malice, Blackout!

::all targets were encompassed in a swirling haze of sparkling dark magick...with an eerie chiming sound as Guardian swept her hands and crossed her arms OVER and TELEBLINKED each group....switching places so that now Malice and Blackout were in the path of the runaway bomb blast.::

if there MUST be destruction...let YOUR BODIES and your SOULS light the path of it...loathesome creatures!

::Guardian sneered with contempt...still reeling from the emotional manipulation and not fully aware of it. but The Six were out of the immediate danger, yet Guardian seemed unconcerned about the fact that her telekinetic bomb blast was now rampaging across central park, smashing cars, benches, trees all with EXPLOSIVE effect and when it collided with any BUILDING near by..there would be massive property damage and fatalities...but all Guardian seemed to care about was MURDERING Malice and Blackout now as the Six were now able to fully observe what was happening.::
It was DELICIOUS! She reflexively thought her PSI screen would protect her from ME, and so GUILT RIDDEN was she, over the deaths of Spellbinder and Sharon Kelly, along with her ongoing issue of NOT wanting to be perceived as being incompetent like her MOTHER, that it was REALLY quite simple to work her up into a murderous frenzy. In her increasingly operatic efforts to try to overpower myself and Blackout, She nearly destroyed her entire team that night.

BUT, i will admit...I did not anticipate how PRECISE a tactician she was. She really DOES put her precognition to excellent use.

She DID end up FLATTENING an impressive amount of Central Park that night. It was marvelous.

How ironic is it, that SCION was the one to talk her down from the emotional rage that I had induced in her? Even more so, my own perception that she would one day deem DELILAH ineffective has since come to pass!

:: She knew Ravena would appreciate the "archival" footage that she broadcast to him , he would want to see more of Talisman's...or rather her mainstream counterpart's...backstory, INCLUDING her children. And HARBINGER in particular would be a source of interest to him, for reasons that even Diana was not fully aware of.::

:: Alice and Domino::

Alice is a legend in her own right.

:: Diana did NOT give compliments freely, and for her to say that about someone was significant, and Alice was CERTAINLY significant to her, AND to Scion, among others.::

I imagine the two of you will have plenty to discuss and she may want to tap you for help with "smoothing out" any kinks regarding Viper. I must admit...I have...softened on the subject of Jessica. She IS the QUEEN of the original Mystech's legacy, and her POWER will be of excellent use to us. BETTER if she can stand on her own feet and not be victim of the dichotomy of being "the perfect bio weapon", powerful and a genius, AND INSANE.

And my dear Maxine knows she may accompany me as she wishes. I am most pleased that the two of you have developed a synergy. I appreciate the fact that you made the effort, I will not waste time cerebrating as to why. I will simply appreciate it.
:: Malice nodded to Ravena, smirking as she lifted her flute champagne to salute him as she takes a satisfying drink.::

The little girl has her "pluses" and fortunately for HER, they out number her "minuses" for the time being.

:: Namely having Maxine in place to deal with Kelly Shaw if she became a problem, AND the fact that she volunteered to "LOOK AFTER" Viper, keeping her OUT of Diana's hair.::

Her jealousy of Alice over Viper was a development that I didn't expect, BUT it brings her EGO down a few notches, so it's worth it.

Alice can certainly handle herself against Domino OR Viper if necessary, but I KNOW you'll LEAN IN on Domino before it gets to that point.

:: And finally, ROSE.::

Hmnnn....it is clear that she does not have the typical gifts. You are more expert in this regard than I and you would tell ME what and who she is. But there are texts of special minds that can harness the power of the souls, the spirits, the ether itself. I will warn you; even as a telepath you should avoid meeting her on the astral plane. It is NOT the advantage that it normally would be!! Other than that, I would need to study further.

This warning was given with a sharpness that Diana would not recognize. Surely there was something to this.
:: Malice's facial expression became a bit more serious.::

:: Lord Ravena was issuing a warning to Malice regarding the idea of meeint Rose on the astral plane, which was MALICE'S "turf." If HE would feel lead to share this information with Diana, there MUST be a reason. Malice feared NO ONE, but she COULD be intrigued, and feel lead to investigate. More than anything else, she could NEVER resist a CHALLENGE, and Rose was now just THAT to her.::

Very astute, Ravena. My surface psi-scans indicated that her power is INDEED psionic in nature, but if she some how has the ability to tap into/manipulate SOULS!?

WELL...

:: She pressees a button, and an image of ROSE, one of the few in the Hellfire Club's data bases shows up on a floating screen::

...we may have an ASTRAL ENERGY MANIPULATOR on our hands, and they ARE indeed RARE, that delicate mixture of psionics and mysticism...

:: She leans in closer to Ravena once more and smiles, already excited by the prospect of FIGHTING Rose. ::

But surely you know, that there is no one, no challenge that I will hesitate to FACE.

::Sitting back::

Still, no one goes into battle against a foe without learning all they can first and foremost. Why do you think I've enjoyed vexing the Six all these years? I KNOW them...probably better than they DARE acknowledge to themselves.

We will gather more information on our mysterious ROSE, and no matter what THORNS she may have, we will see that flower WILT.

Persephone

Treacherous Bitch
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Ava Cassadine
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Weather Elemental, Animal Control/Communication, Enhanced Senses and Strength
Ava needed to see Haleigh. After everything that had happened within the past 24 hours, she needed to speak with her sister...coordinate...regroup. Just fucking TALK to someone who wasn't trying to kill her. She knew that Haleigh enjoyed running training gauntlets down in the catacombs so she checked there first.

There were reminisces of gun shells everywhere so she HAD been there, but Ava just missed her. Sighing out she bent down and picked up one of the empty shells, squeezing the casing between her fingers. She wondered if Haleigh was having as hard of a time being in the Hellfire Club as she was. Ava knew that Haleigh had the luxury of shutting down her feelings, but she hoped that she wasn't alone in the struggle.

Flicking the crushed shell away, Ava stood back up and dusted her black jeans off; her burgundy sweater falling off her bare shoulder. She began to walk toward the exit, rounding the corner and proceeded down the hall. It lead to the different labs and other training rooms, including the control room. As she made her way closer to the control room she heard voices--familiar voices. It was Diana and Ravena. Ava's eyes narrowed in distain hearing his voice, her movement slowing as she listened. She must of caught them mid conversation because she heard something about Rose possibility being an astral energy manipulator. Diana reminded Ravena that she wouldn't hesitate to face anyone in a battle....that made Ava smile. Obviously Rose concerned Diana on SOME level if she had to verbally state that she wasn't afraid to face Rose. So the bitch in white wasn't as invincible as she claimed to be.

Helena: "Ava."

Ava froze hearing the even tone of Helena's voice from behind before turning to see the Queen approaching.

"My Queen."

Helena: "Spying is unbecoming of you. Leave that to Mystique."

Helena was noticeably less catty and flippant than usual. Her expression was very cold and even, something usually reserved for Diana. Ava's brows furrowed, a little confused by the change in demeanor. But she would NEVER ask if Helena was 'okay', that would be an immediate strike down or death sentence.

"I apologize."

Helena waved her fingers in the direction of the control room cooly, indicating she wanted Ava to go in with her. Ava held back a sigh, before turning and following Helena into the room. This was exactly what she was TRYING to avoid. Her eyes met with Diana who looked positively ecstatic that Ava had just arrived, while Ravena looked as disgusting as ever. Helena took a seat quietly next to Diana, barely looking in Ava's direction at all. The situation looked grim to say the least.

Black Widow

Twisted Metal
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Haleigh Davidoff
Residence
Hellfire New York
Missions
Ability
Earth Elemental; Technokinesis; Strength, Resilience, and Immunity due to the TO virus
Bishop's

Bishop: Don’t tell me you’re going sweet on me, Haleigh.

"No. [kick] I just [kick] want it [kick] to last [kick] a while. [kick]"

He grabbed her by the ankle on the last kick, and she went down hard on top of him.

Bishop: Now what you gonna do to me, huh?

"GROUND N POUND!"

She said as she mounted him, raining down fists on anything he couldn't block. Through the opening between his forearms, she could see the pain on his face, and the fury. His arms were already starting to bruise, his face was bloody, and though he tightened his abs to absorb her blows, she could feel his body begin to weaken. He grabbed her wrists and bucked her off, rolling over on top of her and slamming her hands down above her head.

Bishop: You want to make me feel PAIN? Well go ahead, make me feel SOMETHING then. You want to hurt me by telling me Delilah doesn't want me anymore: newsflash, I know that. You and me? We're the same. We're USED to being alone. We take what we can from people, we hurt them, and then we move the fuck on. It's what we do. We AREN'T heroes, Haleigh. We're the bad guys.

"Ah, so finally we understand each other."

Bishop: So Let's hurt each other.

He suggested, and then he.... KISSED HER?! What did he think, this was some kind of GAME?! Did he assume if he dared her, she'd back DOWN?! His mouth filled hers with blood when she bit him, then he pulled away snarling.

Bishop: Come on, hurt me.

She licked her lips and glared up at him. He pressed down on top of her with his hips, proving his challenge was not just a verbal bluff. She couldn't control the way her body responded to his, and it made her angry. She came here to kill him, and now she was going to have to fuck him, or cave and let him think he forced her to flinch.

"You motherfucking son of a bitch. You really gonna do THIS to her? Or are you so STUPID that you think I won't let you?"

She easily pulled free of his grasp, sat halfway up, and reached to grab fistfuls of his shirt, which she tore open. His ripped upper body was covered in the bruises she'd already given him, and she took the opportunity to survey her own handiwork before sneering up at him.

"You're already hurt. Think you can get payback? Not possible. But I invite you to TRY."

She dared, digging her nails in as she brought them down his chest and to his belt. This would provoke hatred in Delilah at least as much as a plain old beating, maybe even MORE, because it meant nothing was sacred anymore, not even 'true love.' And hadn't she gone out of her way to prove that to Cameron already? In for a penny, in for a pound. There was no turning back now. The only way out was THROUGH.

Last edited:
Clara Oswald
Clara Oswald
Woo hoo!

Enchantrah

Red Queen
The Sisterhood
Real Name
Helena Quartermaine
Missions
Ability
Omnimorph
Berserker lived up to his namesake. The fury he unloaded upon her regarding her Red Rook was unsettling to say the least. She calmed the beast enough to send him on his way. He would NOT attack or seek retribution against Lord Ravena--Helena would not put Alek's well being in jeopardy. But Helena WOULD address the situation, IMMEDIATELY.

She made her way through the club to the lower levels, heading directly to the control room where she knew Diana and Ravena were. Upon approaching the control room, who did she see standing outside of it but her Rook. Helena paused a moment, looking at her--her sapphire eyes cool and even. Her jaw tightened and her lips pursed together into a line.

"Ava."

Her voice was direct yet even. Slowly approaching Ava, she watched at the goddess turned to look at her.

Ava: "My Queen."

She saw the wear and tear of the past 24 hours on Ava's face. Small cuts on her face from the battle against Longshot, Recall, and Rose. She saw the cut on her lip. Helena's cold eyes met with Ava's.

"Spying is unbecoming of you. Leave that to Mystique."

Ava: "I apologize."

Helena lifted her her hand and pointed towards the control room, an order for her Rook to go in. Striding past Ava, Helena entered first. Her eyes immediately met with Diana before shifting to Ravena. They remained there for a moment before Helena broke contact and walked over to the empty chair next to Diana and took a seat silently. She didn't look at her Rook. She kept her cold steely stare directed elsewhere.

[to Diana] "WE need to talk after this is completed."

Clara Oswald
Clara Oswald
What you gonna let them do to her Helena?!!!

Bishop

Deadly
Real Name
Maxim Sheremetyev
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
N/A
Bishop’s Safe House

Haleigh said:
"You motherfucking son of a bitch. You really gonna do THIS to her? Or are you so STUPID that you think I won't let you?"
He ground against her harder.

“Oh, you’ll let me.”

He leered down at her, mouth bloody, face bruised. She sat up and reached for his shirt, ripping it open.

“Like what you see?”

Haleigh said:
"You're already hurt. Think you can get payback? Not possible. But I invite you to TRY."
He reached down and pulled the ka-bar from his boot and put it to her throat.

“Challenge accepted.”

But she didn’t flinch, digging her nails into his chest. His body tensed as she raked them down to his waist. It hurt like hell, but as the wounds started to bleed there was something primal about it too.

He drew the knife down her neck to her shoulder, hooking it under the strap of her dress and severing it. He then ran the knife across her chest and did the same to the other strap before slamming the knife point down into the floor so it stuck there.

He shrugged out of his shirt, his hands flying to undo his belt buckle and unbutton his jeans. His mouth found hers again, just as rough as the last time, his hands moving to her body, violently pulling the dress out of the way.

Black Widow

Twisted Metal
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Haleigh Davidoff
Residence
Hellfire New York
Missions
Ability
Earth Elemental; Technokinesis; Strength, Resilience, and Immunity due to the TO virus
Bishop's

Bishop: Like what you see?

"Yes.... but I HATE YOU as well...... the struggle is REAL."

He wasn't going to back down either, and moved closer, pushed harder to prove it. He pulled a standard issue Marines knife from his boot, and pressed the long, sharp edge against her windpipe, and she just bared her teeth in a vicious, daring smile. She could filet him with that knife before he blinked, but she didn't. She just let him trace the cold steel across her collar bone. He cut the straps on her dress, then jammed the tip of the blade into floor next to her head.

She watched him discard his shirt, and loosen his jeans, before he leaned down onto her again and yanked the top of her dress down. He tried to kiss her again and she growled, grabbing him HARD by the jaw and and pushing his face a few inches back away from hers. She grabbed the back of his head with her other hand, almost like she was going to snap his neck with a cold, quick twist.

"DON'T DO THAT. Kissing is for LOVERS. At LEAST have the courage to look me in the eyes when you fuck me."

Another challenge, accepted. It was difficult to say who's glare was more intense. Bishop pawed at her roughly, shoving the bottom hem upwards, and tearing the last of the fabric that was in his way. They never broke eye contact, even when they both shuddered in completion. She laughed darkly when he eventually pulled back, still kneeling over her as he hurriedly zipped back up, with a grimace of guilty pleasure. She sat up, getting back in his face, sneering again.

"Superhuman cock, indeed. That MUST have been what she saw in you."

She said, reaching back behind her quickly, snatching the knife he'd left in the floor with her left hand, and burying it to the hilt in his right lung. The look of surprise in his eyes was almost as satisfying as everything that came before it. She twisted the handle of the knife as she climbed to her feet. One of her heel straps had worked its way lose, and she balanced on one foot while refastening it. She gripped the top of her dress and rotated it back into place, then she pulled her ripped underwear the rest of the way off and stuffed them down into the front pocket of his jeans.

"I hope they BURY you with these. I'll see you in Hell."

She snarled, and disappeared, leaving him to choke on his own blood. When she reappeared in her car, she started to pull her dress off and change into her battlesuit. It was time to go steal a kid from an orphanage, and maybe afterwards, her mother would cut her a little damn slack. Hadn't she been holding up HER END of the bargain all fucking week??

Last edited:
Persephone
Persephone
well fuck a duck. that was intense and awesome!

Lord Ravena

Lord of the Undead
Hellfire Club
Missions
Ability
Magick, Vampirism
  • Very good. Talisman HAS improved since the Black Out Party. She was on a collision course to be united with HERSELF (Witchfire) in the AQUA RING of the Arklay replica if she HADN'T changed course.

But is she READY to face THOSE two?

:: gesturing to images of Prophet and Harbinger::

She disavows ANY familial bond to them, but LOOK at Alison Marble...she certainly has her "MOTHER'S" Eyes.

And I KNOW Cameron King VERY well. He's one of my FAVORITE victims.

:: she licked her glossed lips. Ravena could see she had..something like a..."HUNGER" when it came to the young telepath. He had the same feeling toward some HIS victims, past and present::

The one thing he wants, more than anything, is a chance to KNOW about his family, to EXPERIENCE more of them, even if it's for a brief period.

Alison Marble, on the other hand, will be ready to murder Talisman on SIGHT.

If Cameron tries to stop her?

:: Malice tilts her head a bit, smiling at the thought, and then ANOTHER...::

Imagine the CONSTERNATION we could cause in Talisman if we brought HARBINGER into the fold!

While I can't read Harbinger's mind, her EMOTIONS are quite discernable to me, as are her motivations. She's a stone cold KILLER, as HARD as her last name would imply, and precog to boot, making her victims doomed from the start.
Lord Ravena sat forward, analyzing the files footage of the dimensional children of Talisman. It was a pity that she had no empathy for her seed! They were both magnificent...however, mothers could be as soulless and cruel as any enemy. He knew that only too well!

In any case he continued to look, and listen as the girl-child manipulated time and even foretold the future. It had been thousands of years since...could it be?! A look flashed across his face and was quickly gone as he responded, even as he paused to hear more of the FORMER black Queen, who Diana never discussed before.

The CURRENT Black Queen is resourceful and, when prepared, quite formidable. However, this child holds the Time Staff! She would fall if she stood alone against her! The son...he can be used. However, I understand that telepaths are deadly when crossed, yes?

Lord Ravena nudges Diana playfully, a nod to present company's power.

Luckily, she is NOT alone. She has the rest of the Inner Circle to come to her aid, though her OWN court needs fortification badly.

He thought about Malice's assertion that the former Queen was essentially 'his type'. He lifted an eyebrow as he thought of that.

Isn't that part of what YOU like: my bearing,, my dear? The appeal of worldly culture and unbridled power is nearly universal, and she seems to appreciate the finer things. I cannot disagree with you if she is as lovely as her patron. I can certainly appreciate someone who appreciates QUALITY.

Very astute, Ravena. My surface psi-scans indicated that her power is INDEED psionic in nature, but if she some how has the ability to tap into/manipulate SOULS!?

WELL...

:: She pressees a button, and an image of ROSE, one of the few in the Hellfire Club's data bases shows up on a floating screen::

...we may have an ASTRAL ENERGY MANIPULATOR on our hands, and they ARE indeed RARE, that delicate mixture of psionics and mysticism...

:: She leans in closer to Ravena once more and smiles, already excited by the prospect of FIGHTING Rose. ::

But surely you know, that there is no one, no challenge that I will hesitate to FACE.

You misunderstand me, my Queen. I encourage you to meet this challenge, I simply consider forewarned as forearmed.

Lord Ravena stands, lifting Diana out of her seat by a hand. He steps out into the floor almost in a waltz of sorts and then gestures as they both slowly rise into the air.

Take this dance. You are more than well-equipped to stand toe-to -toe with me even in this environment. But caution!

They both settle to the ground, but Malice's CLOTHING does not. She would notice that her blouse and pants had been changed to a comparable dress with revealing lingerie and hosiery and that she was now extremely exposed, her dress hem floating by her mid-abdomen. Laughing naughtily, Lord Ravena continues.

The parameters can change in a way you may not anticipate unless you are PREPARED. If there comes such a time that you are not prepared, that failing is in part mine. You can win of course; however, GODS fall. And they do because they did not regard the circumstance under which they operated and lost as much to the environment as the foe. That will not be you.

With a wave of his hand her dress SLOWLY went back to its natural position.

::Sitting back::

Still, no one goes into battle against a foe without learning all they can first and foremost. Why do you think I've enjoyed vexing the Six all these years? I KNOW them...probably better than they DARE acknowledge to themselves.

We will gather more information on our mysterious ROSE, and no matter what THORNS she may have, we will see that flower WILT.
That we will, Diana. That we will.

Helena lifted her her hand and pointed towards the control room, an order for her Rook to go in. Striding past Ava, Helena entered first. Her eyes immediately met with Diana before shifting to Ravena. They remained there for a moment before Helena broke contact and walked over to the empty chair next to Diana and took a seat silently. She didn't look at her Rook. She kept her cold steely stare directed elsewhere.
Now this would be interesting.

Last edited:

Orion

Ambassador
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Zachary Armani
Missions
Ability
Empath
The Clocktower

Oracle: Yeah, until Malice’s in one of our general directions and picks it from OUR minds. We have to proceed very carefully with this. That’s why you’re the only one I called.

"Good, good. Until we know more, you're absolutely right, we need to keep this as quiet as possible."

He said, as Zizi considered his question about Haleigh's use of pluralities. Her phone began to ring, and she asked him to hold on. He nodded and then stared at the computer screen as if he expected it to start revealing more information, but all he could do was read the one message again and again, until he had it memorized.

Then the screen DID present new information, but it was because Zizi was typing to him about who had called. He glanced back at her with an expression of grave caution, then pointed to the part of Haleigh's message that said 'tell no one'. The he made a gesture with his hands, asking if he could type a response.

I know this is terrible, but I don't think it'll do us any good to tell Alycia or Sharon. After the way they treated Ashley and me last night? Forgive me for not wanting to sign up for more abuse. As for Viv, I don't think things went well for HER last night at the Parthenon either, based on how short her temper was when she got back. Maybe I should be the one to talk to Ca

He stopped typing abruptly. Cameron fucking King was the last person on earth he wanted to talk to, especially on the subject of Haleigh. He considered the others. He had decent relationships with most of them. Who'd likely still be on Haleigh's side? He started typing again. There one person in particular who always had Haleigh's back.

Delilah?

Recall

Belle Epoque
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Vivica Lennox
Missions
Ability
Total Memory Recall, Photographic Reflexes, Super Senses
New York City - Near Clocktower

Valkyrie said:
She looked at the men in front of her. One had gotten up and run at her. She headbutted him, then grabbed him by the ears and brought his face crashing into her knee.

“It’s not that I have a problem with selling women.”

Holding his arm, she came around behind him and used the crook of her arm like a fulcrum, breaking his arm and letting him drop to the ground.

“But you fucktards clearly didn’t win this one in battle, and so had no claim on her. And where I come from? We kill rapists. Painfully.”

Another one. She grabbed HIS arm and used it to push him face down onto the ground, before dislocating the shoulder and stomping on the back of his head until he stopped trying to get up.

Two at once this time. A series of hooks and haymakers, knees to the chest and groin, fists mercilessly beating their faces. And then she grabbed one and threw him into the other, dazing them. Now standing between them she grabbed one’s right hand and the other’s left, and pulled their arms up and onto her shoulders, then pulling them swiftly down to dislocate their shoulders. Dropping their hands, she backfisted with each hand connecting with both their faces, and as they slumped forward, she leapt up into the air and pounded each fist down onto their backs sending them to the ground.

She looked at Recall.

“You want the last one?”
:: Vivica smirked. ::

"Yes please!"

:: For a moment she wondered if this were some kind of encrypted Ashley gesture that meant they were good, saving her a bit of the action, but it was never clear with her. So, Vivica focused on the task at hand - beating the shit out of the last guy standing. In an INSTANT, she lurched forward punching, kicking and striking the man as if he were practicing on a punching bag. Each kick landed, each fist connected with bone and flesh. Finally, she landed a spinning back kick that hit the man right in the stomach, sending him flying into the brick wall in the distance as he slid to the ground quickly, knocked out cold. ::

"That felt GOOD."

:: She wasn't lying. She had been in the fight of her life last night, and so much had happened that she forgot how GOOD it could feel to just beat the ever loving shit out of something because you could. It comforted her and it allowed her to blow off some steam. ::

"I can see why violence is your go to."

:: She eyed Valkyrie up and down. ::

"SO..."

:: carefully ::

"You hate everyone. I get it..but I can just be all human to you for a moment without you beating my ass or telling me to piss off?"

:: Valkyrie remained silent. ::

"I'm glad you came back to The Clocktower. I'm sorry for not having your back. It sucks what they said to you..and I got your back from here on out. Okay? I know you're not one for friends..or squishy emotional meetings of the minds. But my door is open to ya, girl. I promise I won't try and FIX you...or "help" you. Whatever you got going on you got going on..."

:: she laughed. ::

"It's fuckin' hard to talk to you sometimes, you know that? Consistent in behavior as you might be."

:: Vivica moved closer to Ashley and smiled. ::

"So screw it. I'm just gonna be who I am. I like you. I want you to be your friend. Or at least...the beginning of somebody who WANTS to be your friend..and you not wanting any or caring doesn't matter. The sentiment is out there. And it's not going anywhere. I'm not lookin' to braid your hair or talk about boys..but you know, I think it might be good to know that there are people outside of Oracle that you can rely on. Or at least you could give me a chance to PROVE that you can rely on me."

:: She looked at her phone. ::

"Think about it okay? I gotta meet your new boy toy at The Clocktower and try and talk him off a ledge."

"See ya soon, Ash."

:: Vivica looked at the bodies surrounding them. At the very least, if things turned to shit AGAIN today, at least she could say she stopped a goddamn human trafficking ring. It was good to have perspective. ::

:: Recall rounded the corner and headed out into the bustling city on her way back to The Clocktower. ::

Bishop

Deadly
Real Name
Maxim Sheremetyev
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
N/A
Bishop’s Safe House

Haleigh said:
"Yes.... but I HATE YOU as well...... the struggle is REAL."
“I hate you MORE.”

When he kissed her, she pushed his head away.

Haleigh said:
"DON'T DO THAT. Kissing is for LOVERS. At LEAST have the courage to look me in the eyes when you fuck me."
In that moment he despised her. The last thing he wanted to do was look at her face. But he acquiesced – his will was STRONGER than her’s, and he would not let her see him falter. Never looking away, it wasn’t gentle, it wasn’t romantic. It was raw and brutal and violent. And when he was done he didn’t hold her, or sleep next to her, listening to her breathing. He was immediately off of her, kneeling, putting himself away. He wanted her gone, but she was already in his face again.

Haleigh said:
"Superhuman cock, indeed. That MUST have been what she saw in you."
He pursed his lips, and in a resigned voice, said:

“Just get out.”

He moved to get up, to turn away, but it all happened so fast. He looked down and could see the knife buried in his chest. His eyes were wide in surprise, his mouth opened and shut but he couldn’t get enough air to say anything.

The bitch did it. She really did it.

Haleigh said:
"I hope they BURY you with these. I'll see you in Hell."
Blood was pouring from his mouth as he slumped forward.

Delilah.

Maybe he was better off dead.

Steel

Mutant Policeman
Birds of Prey
Real Name
John Steele
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Body tranforms into organic steel
Coffee Shop

Alycia said:
MOST of it has served a purpose, and I wouldn't want it changed...but if I one thing to do again? I wouldn't have come back to them during the Blue Moon. I could have gone ANYWHERE in the world from Themyscira. But I went to THEM.
“So, what about now, eh? If you could go anywhere, where would you go?”

She moved on to talking about Zach.

Alycia said:
Zach and I...we WERE friends. I don't know what we are now. And I don't know if I CAN be friends with a man who would romanticize Haleigh, KNOWING what she's done not only to me, but to HIM as well. To me...that's no better than a domestic violence victim defending his or her abuser.
He looked sympathetically at Alycia, who was clearly downtrodden at the thought of losing her friend.

“He’s not romanticizing Haleigh, Alycia, he has faith in her. That’s two different things. Right now he doesn’t believe she’s gone to the other side – it’s not that he knows she has and thinks it makes her even more desirable.”

He hadn’t known Zach all that long, but he wanted the guy to get a fair shake. When shit like this happened to you, you didn’t think straight, that was just a fact. And he hated seeing everyone come down on Zach because of it. They couldn’t EXPECT him to have 20-20 on this one.

Alycia said:
He didn't come to me. He went to HER [Ashley]. SHE doesn't know his situation, his history, or what was at stake for him, and even if she did, would she CARE? He couldn't TALK to her about what happened, he couldn't discuss things with her and get any kind of empathy or support. He could ONLY go to her for ONE THING, and the man that I knew and RESPECTED required MORE than that to process events like this.
“I hate to say this, Alycia, but could it be that you’re jealous? I mean, if Zach needed comforting, and Ashley was able to give him what he needed, shouldn’t that be all that matters? It doesn’t mean he isn’t your friend or can’t come to you for a long talk when he’s ready…”

Alycia said:
But how can we be effective if no one will BELIEVE us?
“It’s not we don’t believe you. That was never the case. Wanting more information, and not panicking, and not blaming Ashley for something that really doesn’t have anything to do with her – that doesn’t mean we don’t believe that there’s a threat. Every one of us believes that. But we’re a team, and teams figure out TOGETHER what the best course of action is. One person doesn’t just get to come in and say, ‘This is what we’re doing’ end of discussion. Maybe that’s how the Six works, but it’s not what we do.”

But then Alycia was ready to go.

Alycia said:
Thank you for sitting with me, John, and talking. I...needed this time, and it was well spent.
“Any time, Alycia – and I mean that.”

He gave her a warm smile and waved goodbye. He just sat there, in the window of the shop, and sipped his coffee, alone with his thoughts.

Valkyrie

War
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Ashley Oldenburg
Missions
Ability
Ability to instill self-doubt, turmoil and intimidation
Near Clandestine Intelligence

Ashley picked the dirt out from under her fingernails as Vivica took care of the last douchebag.

Recall said:
"That felt GOOD. I can see why violence is your go to."
She shrugged.

“It feels better when you kill them, but whatever.”

Recall said:
"SO...You hate everyone. I get it…but I can just be all human to you for a moment without you beating my ass or telling me to piss off?"
She crossed her arms over her chest and gave Vivica a look.

“Probably not.”

Ashley said:
"I'm glad you came back to The Clocktower. I'm sorry for not having your back. It sucks what they said to you…and I got your back from here on out. Okay? I know you're not one for friends…or squishy emotional meetings of the minds. But my door is open to ya, girl. I promise I won't try and FIX you...or "help" you. Whatever you got going on you got going on..."
Ashley looked at her a long moment, and then waved a hand in the air.

“It doesn’t matter what they say. I don’t care.”

She walked over and nudged one of the unconscious scuzzbags with her boot.

“You sure you don’t want to kill them?”

Recall said:
Or at least you could give me a chance to PROVE that you can rely on me. Think about it okay? I gotta meet your new boy toy at The Clocktower and try and talk him off a ledge."
“He’s not-“

First the flowers, now this. She let out an exasperated sighed.

“He’s not my boy toy, alright?”

Vivica went to go, but Ashley called her back, hating herself for it.

“Hey Viv.”

She looked at Viv, half rolling her eyes.

“I know I can rely on you, okay.”

Malice

The White Queen
The Sisterhood
Real Name
Diana Carver
Missions
Ability
Telepathy, Psi Lightning, Psychic reflection, Psionic Siphoning, Transiamorphic diamond form
Hellfire Catacombs- Control Room

The CURRENT Black Queen is resourceful and, when prepared, quite formidable. However, this child holds the Time Staff! She would fall if she stood alone against her! The son...he can be used. However, I understand that telepaths are deadly when crossed, yes?

Lord Ravena nudges Diana playfully, a nod to present company's power.
:: Malice looked at Ravena in that moment and smiled knowingly::

We [telepaths] have our "MOMENTS."

:: She winks at him in return::

But there are those born to PLAY BY the rules [Cameron] while others, [like herself] were destined TO rule.

Luckily for HER [Talisman], she LISTENED to my warning, and backed off of her attacks on Shadow Weaver. Now that Spellbinder is back, and no doubt Harbinger IS aware of her existence...along with Shadow Weaver herself? Our precious Talisman would be out numbered...AND out gunned.

Luckily, she is NOT alone. She has the rest of the Inner Circle to come to her aid, though her OWN court needs fortification badly.
Indeed. I wouldn't have allowed her to LIVE, much less remain with us, if I didn't know what she was capable of. But she has been slow in acclimating to THIS time in which she now lives. I think she's FINALLY gotten a clue that the rules of her world...and HER rules... don't apply here.

He thought about Malice's assertion that the former Queen was essentially 'his type'. He lifted an eyebrow as he thought of that.

Isn't that part of what YOU like: my bearing,, my dear? The appeal of worldly culture and unbridled power is nearly universal, and she seems to appreciate the finer things. I cannot disagree with you if she is as lovely as her patron. I can certainly appreciate someone who appreciates QUALITY.
Power that is sloppily handled, and awareness that is limited make even the most promising of individuals lose their appeal, and ultimately their right to LIVE. That is what happened with the FOUNDERS of Mystech, along with my consortium of Doctors- including Christopher Victory.

You've obviously learned MORE than a little something about the ART of power, and the technique of using it. I like THAT about you...

:: Lifting her leg once more, and ltting it rub against his as she parted his legs with her high heel::

...AND your balance, among OTHER things. Work hard...PLAY hard...

I would be lying if I didn't say that the cohesion between myself, Helena and Dominique was more apparent UP FRONT than it is with Helena, myself and Kelly. But she has DELIVERED concrete results, and she is IMPROVING in her behavior, so I'm willing to give it time.

You misunderstand me, my Queen. I encourage you to meet this challenge, I simply consider forewarned as forearmed.

Lord Ravena stands, lifting Diana out of her seat by a hand. He steps out into the floor almost in a waltz of sorts and then gestures as they both slowly rise into the air.
:: Malice allows herself to be lead by Ravena in this most artistic moment that he provides::

They both settle to the ground, but Malice's CLOTHING does not. She would notice that her blouse and pants had been changed to a comparable dress with revealing lingerie and hosiery and that she was now extremely exposed, her dress hem floating by her mid-abdomen. Laughing naughtily, Lord Ravena continues.

The parameters can change in a way you may not anticipate unless you are PREPARED. If there comes such a time that you are not prepared, that failing is in part mine. You can win of course; however, GODS fall. And they do because they did not regard the circumstance under which they operated and lost as much to the environment as the foe. That will not be you.

With a wave of his hand her dress SLOWLY went back to its natural position.
:: Diana runs her hand through her blonde hair, smirking a bit. Ravena was quite amused with himself, wasn't he? Well, one good turn deserved ANOTHER turn...or TUG...::

:: Ravena then finds HIMSELF feeling a DRAFT, and as he looks down, HIS clothes are missing::

Point TAKEN, my White King.

:: The White queen says in a low town as takes her time to circle around him, running her soft, manicured hand, and metallic painted nails over his chest, down his back, GRIPPING his ass, and then GRIPPING...::

:: He can FEEL her cool, but Exhilarating touch, as she not only touches him physically, but psionically, in ALL the "right ways"::

But remember, it is equally important not to show ALL of one's hand in the first round.

You're not the ONLY one capable of causing sensations, or adding to/taking away from a person's sense of awareness, or even their sense of SELF!

:: Her opal blue eyes glow, as Ravena's clothing (which had been there all allong) finally REAPPEARS on him, and to his senses ::

When dealing with PSI-SCREENED individuals, I've had to learn how to work around that formidable defense. I'm ALSO an empath, and I can not only manipulate minds, and emotions, but also SENSES and sensory input!.

That's ANOTHER thing I like about you, Ravena. You LIKE to live dangerously. Why ELSE would you be here, NOW....closing in on HER, KNOWING what risk you take by doing that?

If I thought for a moment you were a fool, or an amateur, limited by pedestrian thinking, I NEVER would have made contact with you all those months ago when you playing dress-up with those minor league amateurs in the European Branch. But once I CONFIREMD who you are, I KNEW you would be better suited...better SERVED HERE at the seat of POWER.

::They were in agreement on Rose. That woman's days of relative peace were NUMBERED. Malice would see to that, and no matter how POWERFULshe may be, Malice was going to make SURE that she was tested to and PAST her breaking point::

That we will, Diana. That we will.
:: They toast, clinking their glasses together and drinkiing to the art of POWER...and SEDUCTION, along with POWER WITHOUT CONSEQUENCE.::

:: and SPEAKING of CONSEQUENCES- who DISPLEASED Diana....::

Helena waved her fingers in the direction of the control room cooly, indicating she wanted Ava to go in with her. Ava held back a sigh, before turning and following Helena into the room. This was exactly what she was TRYING to avoid. Her eyes met with Diana who looked positively ecstatic that Ava had just arrived, while Ravena looked as disgusting as ever. Helena took a seat quietly next to Diana, barely looking in Ava's direction at all. The situation looked grim to say the least.
Well , WELL.

:: Diana eyed Ava. Helena followed her in, and Diana IMMEDIATELY sensed a palpable TENSION about Helena. Her emotions were COLD, and her mind was churning...::

[to Diana] "WE need to talk after this is completed."
Telepathically To Helena: We will.

:: Diana eyed Helena who looked rather....grim and GUARDED. Quite the departure from her usual presentation, but it was a like that Diana had seen once BEFORE...::

:: After a few moments, Diana looked at Ravena, and then Ava.::

Do you know why you're here, Ava?

Charope

Brilliant Confrontation
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Alycia Barnett
Residence
Themyscira
Missions
Ability
Amazon attributes &amp; abilities; Feminum bracelets; Silver Bow &amp; Zeus&#039; Divine Lightning
Charope LLC- Office Suite

“Hi! How are you feeling this morning? Are you okay?”
Hey.

:: Alycia said as she leaned back in her chair::

I used to be a big believer in stopping everything when it was too much, or out of hand, and going to bed, so I could wake up in the morning with fresh eyes, and a refreshed mind.

Well, I got a good night's sleep, I have fresh eyes, but my mind? not so much.

No....no I'm not okay.

I wish I'd never gone to the Parthenon yesterday.

I regret coming back to the Six during the Blue Moon.

But it's too late to change any of that now.

All I can do is look ahead, and move forward.

What about you?

:: Alycia loved Zizi, and would go to her aid in a heart beat. She believed in Oracle's idea, and her mission would was happy to avail her skills, abilities and resoures to support that...support HER....but she COULDN'T get past Ashley Oldenburg.::

:: Everything that Zizi said last night was fair and true. She agreed with MOST of what Steel said today. She thought about her own journey with Zizi, and others like her during her career as an ADA, the ones she "took a chance" on. She even thought about HALEIGH, up until this most recent thing she did. ::

:: Maybe this was it. Alycia was just out of fucks to give thanks to Haleigh and Cameron, and she wasn't about to check in for the thankless task of trying to build a bridge with someone like Ashley. She needed to be SURE that was how she felt.::

I felt bad leaving you the way I did last night...

I've known you LONG before all of this...the Birds of Prey...all of it. And I don't want you to think that even I find I CAN'T continue...that means WE will lose contact.

Last edited:

Oracle

The Eye in the Sky
The Six
Real Name
Elizabeth York
Missions
Ability
Genius, Hacker
The Clocktower

Zach carried on an electronic conversation with her while she spoke to Alycia on the phone.

Zach [typing]:I know this is terrible, but I don't think it'll do us any good to tell Alycia or Sharon. After the way they treated Ashley and me last night? Forgive me for not wanting to sign up for more abuse. As for Viv, I don't think things went well for HER last night at the Parthenon either, based on how short her temper was when she got back. Maybe I should be the one to talk to Ca

Delilah?

Zizi gave Zach a chastising look that said, “I know what you were about to say and you’re being petty.”

But she typed in Okay. We can make a plan after this call.

Alycia said:
No....no I'm not okay. I wish I'd never gone to the Parthenon yesterday. I regret coming back to the Six during the Blue Moon. But it's too late to change any of that now. All I can do is look ahead, and move forward.
Zizi’s face fell into a frown as she listened to Alycia. She hated to hear her so downtrodden.

[via phone] “And do you still think moving forward includes the Birds of Prey?”

Alycia said:
What about you?
“Oh, you know, me, I’m fine. Plugging along.”

Alycia said:
I felt bad leaving you the way I did last night...
Zizi took a deep breath and looked at the ceiling.

[via phone] “Oh, no, Alycia, you don’t need to feel bad about that. You were hurting. ARE hurting. It’s okay to take care of yourself.”

Alycia said:
I've known you LONG before all of this...the Birds of Prey...all of it. And I don't want you to think that even I find I CAN'T continue...that means WE will lose contact.
Zizi breathed out, and pinched the bridge of her nose with her fingers.

[via phone] “Alycia, do you want me to tell you it’s okay if you don’t want to come back to the BOP? Because I’m not going to do that. I’m not going to give you an easy out.”

Her voice wasn't accusing or aggressive, but genuine. She paused a moment before continuing.

[via phone] “I love you Alycia, and of course you will always be my friend. But if you’re going to tell me you’re leaving the team, it better be for a MUCH better reason than Ashley Oldenburg. If you can do that, then I’ll tell you how you have to make the decision for yourself and that I will support you no matter what you decide. But leaving because you don’t like someone? Not acceptable.”

Black Widow
Black Widow
Yeah, put your foot DOWN!

Persephone

Treacherous Bitch
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Ava Cassadine
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Weather Elemental, Animal Control/Communication, Enhanced Senses and Strength
Diana: Do you know why you're here, Ava?

"My good looks?"

Ava deadpanned. But despite her joke she looked very serious because she DID know why she was here, and this time it WASN'T her fault.

"HE attacked me. I was DEFENDING myself."

Ava scoffed, shaking her head.

"But I guess that doesn't matter, does it? You planned this. You knew EXACTLY how I would react."

Ava glared at Helena, the Queen still not looking at her.

"Did you tell him to do it?! I'm sure that type of torture is right up your alley, Red Queen."

Now THAT caused Helena to finally look at Ava, the queens eyes widdened in shock. She watched as the queen got out of her seat, strode over to Ava, and without missing a beat, SLAPPED Ava across the cheek with a loud crack. Ava's head whipped to the side, chocolate hair covering her face. Slowly turning her head her amythyst eyes met with Helena's. The queen looked positively furious--such a way that Ava hadn't seen before.

It was in that following moment that Ava grabbed her head in pain, screaming in agony. Her voice cracked as she ran out of breath, the psi blast permeating her head like a white hot knife into butter. Staggering she collapsed forward, Helena catching her and lowering her to the ground. Crying out, the pain was getting stronger, more intense as the seconds passed. Blood began to drip from her nose and tears from her eyes, her body crumpled on the floor.

Last edited:

Charope

Brilliant Confrontation
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Alycia Barnett
Residence
Themyscira
Missions
Ability
Amazon attributes &amp; abilities; Feminum bracelets; Silver Bow &amp; Zeus&#039; Divine Lightning
Charope, LLC- Office Suite

Zizi took a deep breath and looked at the ceiling.

[via phone] “Oh, no, Alycia, you don’t need to feel bad about that. You were hurting. ARE hurting. It’s okay to take care of yourself.”
I AM hurting...

Zizi breathed out, and pinched the bridge of her nose with her fingers.

[via phone] “Alycia, do you want me to tell you it’s okay if you don’t want to come back to the BOP? Because I’m not going to do that. I’m not going to give you an easy out.”
:: Well, that was very to the point of her. But Alycia wouldn't expect any less. She wouldve done the same thing in her place.::

It ISN'T easy, to even think about walking away from something that I believe in. To leave a person that I am HONORED to work with.

via phone] “I love you Alycia, and of course you will always be my friend. But if you’re going to tell me you’re leaving the team, it better be for a MUCH better reason than Ashley Oldenburg. If you can do that, then I’ll tell you how you have to make the decision for yourself and that I will support you no matter what you decide. But leaving because you don’t like someone? Not acceptable.”
Zizi, EVERYTHING you said last night in Central Park resonated with me. I felt convicted by it.

But I've been burned for the LAST TIME, what happened to me...what I found out at the Parthenon yesterday was the LAST STRAW.

I'm really NOT interested in checking in for the THANKLESS task of trying to build a bridge with someone like Ashley.

I already know where you stand, and that you'll not turn your back on anyone in need.

B If it's a choice between being true to myself or pretending like I can stomach someone like her, I'll take the first option.

I've heard compelling arguments from John just a little while ago.

I wish I COULD see what the two of you see in that girl. But I can't. I can't compare her to YOU from years ago...or even to Haleigh Davidoff when I first met her, and after what I've been through last night...I'm just OVER being the one to compensate for someone ELSE'S shortcomings.

Zizi, when you met me, you know I was about personal accountability, respect, and responsibility.

The past 24 hours, I've dealt with not one...not two...but FOUR PEOPLE who've felt that their issues, their BAD BEHAVIOR should get a PASS, while I'M supposed to look the other way and continue to uphold a standard that they are not expected to. That isn't acceptable to ME.

Ashley and Zach aren't the only ones in PAIN. I am too!

:: she SCREAMED as tears rolled down her face once more::

So is SHARON.

But WE'RE supposed to just let THEM do whatever they want...while WE are expected to behave a certain way!?

I'm sorry, Zizi. I won't do that. NOT ANYMORE.

:: She SOFTENED on Zach, because of what John said. But Haleigh and Cameron might as well be DEAD to her now, and if SHE had anything to do with it, they WOULD be, and as for Ashley? FORGET ABOUT IT!::

TO HELL WITH IT

:: Before Zizi could continue, Alycia unloaded::

I was in a relationship with Cameron King. The night Haleigh betrayed the Six, they SLEPT TOGETHER. Those two BASTARDS have been circling each other for YEARS, and it didn't MATTER to either one of them how anyone ELSE felt. Haleigh has NO RESPECT for anyone's relationship, and Cameron was a WEAK and simple minded FOOL who believed that he NEEDED her.

Haleigh had Zach, and she threw him away. They had sex ON TOP OF HIS CAR, Zizi.

So I don't want to hear anything more about ZACH OR ASHLEY. I'M. IN. PAIN. TOO!

It wasn't just ME who was disrespected and effected by that, it was Zach too! He knew it could happen too...but instead of seeing things...seeing HER for what SHE IS...he continues to "have faith" in her...even at the expense of people who CARE about him.

All while Haleigh CONTINUES to RUIN relationships and LIVES even after she's BETRAYED the Six and gone to the Hellfire Club, you'll PARDON ME if I REFUSE to tolerate ANYMORE FOOLISH AND DESTRUCTIVE BEHAVIOR!

:: She stops, but she makes no move to wipe her tears away::

I'm SORRY.

I'm sorry, Zizi.

I shouldn't be yelling at you.

I'm just...I'm so ANGRY that I WASTED MY TIME on ALL of them, and....you're asking me to come back and do more of the same with Ashley, With Zach...and I can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.