Ambassador
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Zachary Armani
Missions
Ability
Empath
The Clocktower

They both recalled the memories of that night. For different reasons, they'd BOTH needed that conversation, and so they both held on to it, and to each other, as they toiled on the outskirts of the Six, trying to keep it all from flying apart.

Viv: It was a hard loss for both of us...but I found strength in it. Broke things off with Jack..started to try and live a more authentic life. But that pain..it's still there. It still somewhat drives me when I look at new recruits. New agents. It's like seeing the spectrum of where they might fall...and I feel compelled to help make sure..that we never have another Bombshell on our hands.

"Vivica...."

He cautioned, but she kept on, and he let her because he knew that she understood his struggle on a very deep, personal level. She wasn't saying he was idiotic, she wasn't blaming him, she wasn't suggesting that he was even being stubborn. She just offered him what she thought he needed, sincere support, without judgement, without an agenda. It was the purest kind of love he'd felt from someone in a very long time, and his eyes spilled over as he watched her draw half a heart in the dust on the floor.

He reached out to add his part of the drawing, and hugged her tightly into his side with one arm as she spoke.

Vivica: You saw me through that...and I am going to see you through THIS. BUT...you have to include me, Zach. I need to know what you're doing so that I am not surprised. Because I already don't believe what you believe...but I'm trying to. So I need to have all the facts. I'm not going to counter every idea with the belief that Haleigh really did go Rogue, but in light of everything going on... I think I should be in the know. Speaking of which... I know Clandestine is in the process of figuring out what to do with Haleigh... but I can't wait for that decision. I need my server moved from their possession and placed here in The Clocktower, under the care and protection of Oracle..and YOU. You keep that part of me safe, Zach, and I will ride this car your in until the wheels fall off. I am not going to let Haleigh Davidoff be the thing that takes you down, Zach. I won't let that happen.

He had to clear his throat to speak again, and he wiped his eyes quickly with his sleeve cuff.

"Thank you, thank you. We'll secure your server as soon as superhumanly possible. Easier said than done, I'm afraid, but if that'll ease your mind, I'll make it happen."

That was one thing she needed, and he wouldn't deny her. He turned more to face her, wearing a serious expression.

"Haleigh sent me a message last night. It was a video with the color scheme tweaked subtly to disguise a code-- Which Zizi, in all her genius, discovered and deciphered. Haleigh said 'Sorry. Had to send it like this. Every move and thought is being watched. Tried to provoke Malice to murder me multiple times. No joy. Need to spend all my lives. Malice will have the advantage as long as she has control of my bodies. Get the Six to save Ava. The queens are breaking her here. Tell no one about this message. Convince them all to kill me on sight. Sorry. Had to send it like this.' Did you get any intel while you were at the Parthenon that would help us make sense of that? We don't know what she means by 'lives', or 'bodies', although some BSG stuff comes to mind."

Prophet
Prophet
aww soo sweet!

Recall

Belle Epoque
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Vivica Lennox
Missions
Ability
Total Memory Recall, Photographic Reflexes, Super Senses
The Clocktower

:: At the very least she knew that Zach knew that he could rely on her, and that was what she wanted. Vivica wasn't going to keep her eyes off Haleigh, and wouldn't be easily convinced that this wasn't what it appeared to be. But Zach had let her walk her own path in Europe, and she was going to have to let him do the same thing now. His tears caused a few more to appear in her eyes. She felt closer to Zach than she had in quite some time, and the timing couldn't have been perfect. She warmly leaned into his hug, burying her face in his chest for a moment. ::

Zach: "Thank you, thank you. We'll secure your server as soon as superhumanly possible. Easier said than done, I'm afraid, but if that'll ease your mind, I'll make it happen."

:: Vivica nodded. She knew it wouldn't be the simplest of tasks to achieve. ::

Zach: "Haleigh sent me a message last night. It was a video with the color scheme tweaked subtly to disguise a code-- Which Zizi, in all her genius, discovered and deciphered. Haleigh said 'Sorry. Had to send it like this. Every move and thought is being watched. Tried to provoke Malice to murder me multiple times. No joy. Need to spend all my lives. Malice will have the advantage as long as she has control of my bodies. Get the Six to save Ava. The queens are breaking her here. Tell no one about this message. Convince them all to kill me on sight. Sorry. Had to send it like this.' Did you get any intel while you were at the Parthenon that would help us make sense of that? We don't know what she means by 'lives', or 'bodies', although some BSG stuff comes to mind."

:: Shaking her head. ::

"So she's already starting."

:: Vivica tried to push those thoughts aside for the time being. ::

"To be honest..the only thing I gathered from going to The Parthenon is that Cameron slept with Haleigh on the hood of your car, yelled at Alycia, yelled at Sharon, flexed his power on them..all before I came in there like a pissed off Viper and smacked him in the face."

[smirking]

"I was on fire last night, I know."

"It seemed like the others didn't know about Ava which is troubling, but one thing was clear. Their lack of cohesion was appalling. They don't know their ass from their elbow. Nobody is talking with each other, everybody is just living in a prison of their own despair. I don't think we will have to convince them to kill her on sight."

:: She ignored the part about rescuing Ava completely. ;) ::

[thinking]

"The whole bodies thing is a bit perplexing but it's not that obscure. We know that Haleigh was created and not necessarily born. Christopher would need samples from Diana as well as himself. It's not a leap to think that the process could be replicated or that the samples were saved. Sharon saw Jessica Marcus at The Blackout Party and that woman...last I knew was dead as a doornail. Talisman wants to re-open the company. For all we know, there could be a dozen...maybe hundreds of "Haleighs" in various states of growth being hidden..or protected somewhere. I mean they were a bio-tech company before they became completely enthralled with destroying The Six. When we saw her in those holographic images earlier...when Sharon shared her intel..she looked "different" right? I mean it was her, but it didn't really seem like her. My brain flagged it initially, but I couldn't place it. Maybe she was different..maybe it was a different Haleigh altogether."

:: Her eyes widened at the implications of that. Things had just gotten a whole lot more confusing. ::

Carol Peletier
Carol Peletier
wait a minute, alycia deconstructed Cameron & Sharon smacked him into the wall & broke his jaw! i' m mad you making it sound like Vivica saved THEM :p LOL

Black Widow

Twisted Metal
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Haleigh Davidoff
Residence
Hellfire New York
Missions
Ability
Earth Elemental; Technokinesis; Strength, Resilience, and Immunity due to the TO virus
Secluded Alley Near Bishop's Safe House

After Haleigh had changed her into her battlesuit, she stuffed her blood spattered dress into the metal case that her suit had been in, so she could deliver the genetic sample Malice required. When she clasped it shut she noticed her hands were starting to shake, and she laid them on the cool metal case to steady them, as she stared distantly, still seeing, through xray vision, the dress covered in Bishop's blood. She'd done it, she'd killed him. She'd fucked him and then she'd killed him.

She couldn't suppress the emotion that clawed its way out of the dark, as she thought seriously about what she'd just done to Delilah. It was unforgivable, even in her own eyes. Delilah was going to hate her, and she knew she deserved it, and that beyond a shadow of a doubt, she had wronged a true friend. She shut her eyes tightly, trying to imagine anything OTHER than the pain she knew Delilah would be feeling right now, as her mother psionically forced Bishop's final moments on her. Then she stopped fighting it, and for the first time in a week, she let herself really FEEL something.

Uncontrollably, she wept for her beloved friend, and she drowned in the remorse she had for the damage she'd just caused, the pain she'd just inflicted on Delilah, who had still been on her side and hadn't deserved any of it. With malicious tenacity, Haleigh had just murdered love itself, and not for the first time this week. She'd trampled on her own love for Cameron, just fucked it to death, by using and abusing the Red Knight, and allowing him to do the same thing back to her. She'd needed to do it, because she had to let Cameron go, she had to remove that temptation to even think about him, and she had to replace the memories of the night in the parking garage with something more visceral and at least as vivid. But just because she'd had to, didn't mean she didn't feel the pain of it crushing her now that she'd opened that compartment.

By the time she let herself acknowledge what she'd just stolen from Alexia, her whole body shook with sorrow. She had once lost her own father to a cruel, heartless, evil monster, and she knew how horrible it was. She may have hated him, but Bishop had been a good father to that girl during the Badiane nightmare. That experience was the only time Haleigh had ever thought of Bishop as more than just an asshole who'd taken advantage of Delilah's kindness. If they could have built on it, she might have even grown to accept Bishop, despite his arrogance, because she had a soft spot for decent father/daughter relations. But Haleigh had just stabbed a giant hole in that possibility, and any chance Alexia ever had to get to know her father.

She felt like some part of her was dying, and she mourned that too, because she'd made damn sure nobody else was going to. She needed to get her shit back together, and move on to her next mission. As barbaric as she felt, she knew she must continue, because the situation hadn't changed, she was still trapped in her own personal hell and she still needed to deal with all the problems that weighed her down and would keep her there. She drove through the New York sunset slowly, mechanically, more dead inside than ever before, as she pulled what she had left of herself back out of her own tortured despair. She resealed the black box in her mind, and went back to feeling like cold, hard steel.

Carol Peletier
Carol Peletier
geez! *tear* :(
Clara Oswald
Clara Oswald
This is terrific!
Persephone
Persephone
Damn *cries*

Lord Ravena

Lord of the Undead
Hellfire Club
Missions
Ability
Magick, Vampirism
Well. I'm glad to hear that, Ravena, because I WAS wondering just now, If I COULD trust you going forward, AND, in case you don't know MY back story, Lord Spencer...one of the founders of mystech...he thought that he would...HAVE me the way he had dozens of other women in the past, women who wound up in the aqua ring, or some other sad fate.

You'll notice that he is NO WHERE to be found today.

:: A reference to her OWN past, including the TRAUMA that this incident with Persephone reminded her of.::

I am MANY things, even a MONSTER by some people's accounts. But there ARE some lines that I will NOT allow to be crossed. We may need to PUNISH those on the courts for their behavior, HUMILIATE them even, but we do not PREY on them in THAT way. EVER.

:: She was quite firm on that. ::

:: But she began to soften a bit now that the moment had passed, moving closer to Ravena::

Ours is such a...PROMISING and POWERFUL partnership. I'd hate to think that it would be ruined over such a stupid mistake.
Food for thought. He had allowed his weakness, the portion of him that could be vexed to be ignited. That weakness would be excised, and he would do as he had done for many years....IMPROVE. He smiled as Diana's face softened and she moved closer to him.

Even the Gods err. I would like to think our...association can withstand the occasional imperfection. Note that I count occasional in centuries.

His sense of humor triggered, Lord Ravena began to laugh, but Diana has her ways to turn things serious once again.

::sighing::

The girl was already in over her head when she decided to FOLLOW her "sister" here, out of some misguided sense of loyalty, and it may well be the DEATH of her. But we will let HER be the author of her own destruction. While she is here, Helena wanted her PERSEPHONE persona to come out in full force, that was the whole POINT our our little ruse.
Now this will be an upgrade. I detest her, but if you can get all of the real Proserpine, you will have a weapon indeed. And like any weapon, she will sing the song of blood for us as long as she is properly...tempered.

And SPEAKING of your Orgins....have you FOROTTEN our long game?

Because of your...exuberance, Persephone realized who you actually WERE. What makes you think she WOULDN'T try to get a message to

:: Leans in::

SPELLBINDER or one of the OTHER witches?

We want to face them at OUR time and chosing, and if they're ARMED with that information...that's a tactical shift to THEIR advantage. Likewise, we don't want anyone ELSE in the Inner Circle knowing either.

:: Thus far, only Malice, and Nogitsune shared this secret with Ravena::

During her punishment, I took the liberty of MIND WIPING that revelation from her. I wanted to be SURE that I scrubbed that from her mind, her consciousness on all levels, but...well...you saw what happened. Our dear Enchantrah simply couldn't stomach it anymore.
Then I am in your debt. I recognized the error as I contemplated what I had done, even though it sated my fury. Now you have cleaned up my mess and allowed me an opportunity to reset this unpleasantness. However could I possibly REPAY you?

Lord Ravena could certainly think of a few ways. And Diana thought so MUCH like him so MUCH of the time!

Speaking of Enchantrah, don't worry. This will be settled. We will remain a united front, and once she realizes that she now HAS what she wants [Persephone's persona to the forefront] she will be pleased.

:: Diana ran her hand down the portion of Raven's chest, exposed by his partially unbuttoned shirt.::

Now that we've taken care of this distasteful little matter, how about we move on to something more...PLEASANT?

The sensibilities of the world YOU knew no longer apply. But I believe you find women like ME to be much more engaging.

:: her opal blue eyes glowing as she moves in closer, pressing herself against Ravena::

If you're HUNGRY, I have PLENTY for you to EAT.

:: She placed one of her hands on the back of Ravena's neck, and her other hand was now "cupping" his manhood.::

Why sully your tastebuds with a withered PLANT, when you can enjoy the delights of a CANDY SHOP?

:: Matters settled, misunderstandings resolved, things would be smooth going forward, and what better way to MOVE forward than THIS? A meeting of the minds, AND bodies. ::
Lord Ravena kissed Diana hungrily, then pulled back, a smirk on his face as he looked into her eyes. Her lower hand was rather busy, but he had other ideas. With a hand on each buttock, he lifts the White Queen and places her on her throne. Kneeling before her, he ducks beneath her dress and has no barrier thanks to his fortuitously created lingerie for her. She leans back and guves a heavy sigh, her legs wrapping around Lord Ravena's shoulders as she learns what he feels like when he actually has something to prove.

I believe I have found something suitable to quench my thirst.

His hands on her breasts, he attacks her womanhood with fresh vigor. He had her well on her way when...

"I didn't know our health care packages included such intimate..."phyiscals"..."

< She smirked as she clacked towards a chair, sat down and crossed her legs seductively. >

"You all have been very busy little beavers today, haven't you?"
Coming up for air and regaining his full height , Lord Ravena licked his lips and smiled.

Routine examinations are always covered 100%. And anything worth doing is worth doing....well.

He took a seat by Diana, who was quickly regaining her composure. She had not had her fill, nor had she had time to return the favor. Diana was a devastatingly reciprocal lover if nothing else, and Lord Ravena was unsure if he should wait until the evening and savor what was to come or retire for a few hours as soon as the Black Queen was dealt with.

"Haleigh has seduced and killed Bishop...or so it seems. Persephone has come out to play and is currently being worshipped in a number of ways by The Red Knight. You even managed to piss off Helena."

< Her icy blue eyes met Ravena's >

"Charming."
She did not trust him, did not yet understand him, was still in doubt about him. Fair enough. Ravena would be worth the wait.

We aim to please.

< Talisman's eyes glowed for a moment. >

"I see Haleigh is set to extract a child from Rose's sanctuary? That seems promising. Though, we really should have them ALL. They are such...RIPE and VIRILE specimens..it would be a shame to not study them under a microscope."
Wasteful! Lord Ravena had appreciated to a point what Talisman had done for the White Knight. But Fathom was a failure in her first life, ripe for the culling and to be improved. And the adults she cut open and who wailed pitifully in the halls? They had their chance and ended up here.

But these babies? The next god could be there and she would open them up to 'see what was inside'. This was what vexed him about her. It was one thing to risk a child, a few children PERHAPS. Fate is not kind to all. But to take them all is to admit that you need to improve yourself before you waste their potential.

His face betrayed nothing. Neither did his heart.

< Furrowing her brow for a moment. >

"Now what is this about Europe. I gave them a clone of Viper, and they managed to fail even THEN. Why would we be giving them any more of our time or concern?"
The PRIMARY focus of my invitation was to bring the Queens to my country, Ahadi. You will find a country on the cutting edge in science, education, agriculture and TOLERANCE for those with special gifts. I am opening a Robotics Assembly Park, an Energy and Alternative Resource Campus, a cutting edge Biotechnology Lab, a Language, Culture and History Ministry and a new Royal Palace. All of the Queens have their own spacious quarters and, I was going to surprise you, but there is a laboratory I have had outfitted for you, should you ever choose to utilize it. I truly hope you will honor me with your presence as I usher in a new, even greater era for my newly renamed country.

No one, not even Diana, knew the entirety of the layout he had planned, until now. He was determined to show them what one could accomplish when one ruled a COUNTRY.

Malice

The White Queen
The Sisterhood
Real Name
Diana Carver
Missions
Ability
Telepathy, Psi Lightning, Psychic reflection, Psionic Siphoning, Transiamorphic diamond form
Hellfire Catacombs

:: And so it began, the dance, the journey, the DESCENT into wanton pleasure that FEW men could make with the White Queen, and SURVIVE. In Lord Ravena, she found a "soul mate" but NOT in the pure/romantic sense. Their souls were as DARK as NIGHT, and BEYOND, and would encompass and overwhelm a light even as bright as MorningStar's, but somehow, they found each other, and formed synergy on a variety of levels.::

:: OTHER members of the inner circle had certainly been enjoying themselves lately, but many of them were LIMITED and PEDESTRIAN in her love making, as Malice had observed. Though NOT for a lack of trying it was just...they were driven by PHYSICAL instincts, their sensations and cues were rooted in PHYSICAL stimulation with little else coming into play. They RAVAGED each other's bodies...to BLOODY excess, and nearly DESTROYED each other as they found that core of pleasure.::

:: DIANA, on the other hand, may not have been a goddess in FACT, but she certainly was one in her own MIND, and that registered with Ravena, and he responded accordingly. As Diana allowed herself to be carried away, and in turn, feed his emotional and pleasure senses with the psychic feedback, motivating him and swelling him to greater efforts::

:: They give and take, they play a dance that on those with minds, souls, and powers like theirs can create, both of them working in tandem on a variety of levels to bring each other into ORBIT::

:: There's was this perfect blend of physical, psionic, and even a touch of MAGICKAL, a symphony of pleasure that ONLY the White Queen and King could compose, and it was swelling to the climax of a full piece OPERA when....::

:: RECORD SCRATCHES TO A HALT!::

"I didn't know our health care packages included such intimate..."phyiscals"..."

< She smirked as she clacked towards a chair, sat down and crossed her legs seductively. >

"You all have been very busy little beavers today, haven't you?"

Coming up for air and regaining his full height , Lord Ravena licked his lips and smiled.

Routine examinations are always covered 100%. And anything worth doing is worth doing....well.
:: Diana slowly raises up, running her hands through her hair and shaking her head, UNBOTHERED by the arrival of Talisman, who probably was spying on her before she physically appeared anyway ;) ::

And I ONLY work with the top quality practicioners.

:: She said as she slid off the table and took her seat next to Ravena, smoothing down her blouse. There would be PLENTY of time for an encore, later, and if Talisman was LONELY...well...::

:: Diana eyed Talisman for a moment, wondering if that MIGHT BE what her problem was. Benjamin, after all, looked to be a mere CHILD, hardly capable of the feats and effects that someone like Ravena, or even Berserker could accomplish.::

What brings YOU down here, Talisman? Had enough playing about in the Body Shoppe with your surgical instruments and your nanites for one day?

He took a seat by Diana, who was quickly regaining her composure. She had not had her fill, nor had she had time to return the favor. Diana was a devastatingly reciprocal lover if nothing else, and Lord Ravena was unsure if he should wait until the evening and savor what was to come or retire for a few hours as soon as the Black Queen was dealt with.
"Haleigh has seduced and killed Bishop...or so it seems.
I'm aware of that. I've been monitoring that situation, AND SCION herself with my psi powers. It's going to be QUITE enjoyable to deliver this "news" to Delilah Trelevan, as only I can. That light bright bitch's halo has been crooked for so long, it's time to knock it clean off, along with her HEAD.

AND I have a gift for you as well, my dear Kelly. Since you've improved your behavior so much after that Frost debacle.

Scion will be delivering a viable genetic sample of Bishop to you, for the revived Super Soldier project.

Our LAST "Shape", Patrick...was definitely a step UP from the initial TYRANT models, and he served as well. But Shadow Weaver destroyed him sometime ago. I want a NEW and IMPROVED model, and who better to use for the template than that walking meat locker?

Persephone has come out to play and is currently being worshipped in a number of ways by The Red Knight. You even managed to piss off Helena."

< Her icy blue eyes met Ravena's >

"Charming."
She did not trust him, did not yet understand him, was still in doubt about him. Fair enough. Ravena would be worth the wait.

We aim to please.
:: She may not trust Ravena, but until RECENTLY, Diana didn't trust HER. Kelly would do well to tred lightly::

I believe the term you MEANT to use was "SUCCESSFUL," Kelly.

The RUSE that Helena, Ravena and myself concocted, in order to get HELENA the results that she wanted, was a SUCCESS. The REST...

:: glancing at Ravena::

Has been addressed.

:: Diana wasn't going to discuss the PERSONAL matter between herself and Helena with Kelly. It PREDATED HER. It was one of the things that BONDED Diana and Helena, and while Kelly had extended an olive branch during the Black Out party, Diana wasn't COMPLETELY certain that the black queen wasn't looking for signs of weakness or strain in the fabric of the leadership of the inner circle that she could capitalize on, which is why Diana had DOMINO keeping an eye on her.::

Did you come down here to satisfy your voyeurism, and provide us a recap, or was there something you actually wanted?

< Talisman's eyes glowed for a moment. >

"I see Haleigh is set to extract a child from Rose's sanctuary?
Yes, that is on her "to -do" list this evening. I also want to get more information regarding the capablility and POWER of this mysterious Rose. She certainly did a number on COBRA, I'm sure my White Princess can at LEAST return home under her OWN power?

:: Malice smirked as she reached for a flute of champagne on a nearby table::

Oh don't look so stone faced, Talisman. I thought you got that "anti-empathy" stick out of your ASS before the black out party.

Do you think I want or NEED another CHILD in my midst? The mission i've given Scion is NOT merely for the purpose of combat data, it's to bring something back for YOU as well.

:: Diana looks at Ravena and shakes her head::

That seems promising. Though, we really should have them ALL. They are such...RIPE and VIRILE specimens..it would be a shame to not study them under a microscope."
One would hope that with all this PROBING and dissecting you're doing, there'd be a POINT to all of it? If you cut open everything out there, you might end up removing a powerful asset from the playing field, POWER that could be put to good use in service of US. Not everything needs to be tampered with, Talisman, just imagine what would have happened if the FLATSCANS had managed to wipe out OUR genome with aggressive experimentation when we were in our infancy in this genetic arms race?

:: In Diana's own dark mind, that was what SHE had done with Scion, via ALICE, for all those years. Whenever Scion strayed, Alice engineered events, per Diana's order to put her back on track. She made SURE that the girl had a chance to develope naturally, and show her dominance, but it was all because Malice had every intention of making sure SCION would usher in the destruction of her own father, which she DID.::

Beyond that, are YOU prepared to invest the time, the MANPOWER in battling Rose? Or are you going to overreach again, like you did with Shadow Weaver, not knowing all that there is to know about her before striking a meaningful blow?

Clearly Rose's children are her prime commitment, and ALSO a source of emotional turmoil. MOST successful caregivers ALWAYS have a high level of vigilance...but with Rose, I sense something else...something that she has been SUPPRESSING since the night of the Purifiers attack on her orphanage. It's BUSTING THROUGH the hefty psionic barriers she's created.

Just like I told you all about vexing the six, it should be savored like a fine wine. We can help this process along, but we'll let Rose do most of the work FOR US, and if it turns out she's about to self destruct? well then the children will be RIPE for the taking then, and you wont have any more of your court members getting POWER TOSSED across the city by her.

For now, we will wait to see how things unfold with Scion's mission, and soon, you'll have ANOTHER body to "tinker" with and "look inside of."

< Furrowing her brow for a moment. >

"Now what is this about Europe. I gave them a clone of Viper, and they managed to fail even THEN. Why would we be giving them any more of our time or concern?"
The London Branch has a new red queen, a powerful sorceress named Amanda Sefton. Ravena has advised me that she walks the Winding Way. You're a magick user, have you heard of that?

It's CUSTOMARY for cross-court or cross branch relations to occur during significant events, such as the black out party. or the changing of the guard in an inner circle.

From what I hear, Ms. Sefton has been pulling the Red Court together, raising it's profile and whipping it in to shape. Helena, Ravena and I were curious, and wanted to check her out for ourselves, and I knew you'd want to join us. Beyond that...

:: She gestured to Lord Ravena::

The PRIMARY focus of my invitation was to bring the Queens to my country, Ahadi. You will find a country on the cutting edge in science, education, agriculture and TOLERANCE for those with special gifts. I am opening a Robotics Assembly Park, an Energy and Alternative Resource Campus, a cutting edge Biotechnology Lab, a Language, Culture and History Ministry and a new Royal Palace. All of the Queens have their own spacious quarters and, I was going to surprise you, but there is a laboratory I have had outfitted for you, should you ever choose to utilize it. I truly hope you will honor me with your presence as I usher in a new, even greater era for my newly renamed country.

No one, not even Diana, knew the entirety of the layout he had planned, until now. He was determined to show them what one could accomplish when one ruled a COUNTRY.
This should appeal to YOU in particular, Talisman.

So put a "be back soon" sign up on your precious body shoppe and plan your wardrobe. We're ALL going.

We need to know exactly what we have in the way of collective assets, and began creating exit strategies and "safe houses" and hidden strongholds. This was what made ALL the difference after the Master Mold debacle, when MYSTECH fell, but I survived.

We'll also be stopping at Sheena Island along the way.

Last edited:

Tycoon

Rising Star
Real Name
Gavin Greeley
Missions
Midtown

Infrared: You know we have staff for that, Gavin.

"Alright, I confess, I'd like some fresh air. All this debate is driving me stir crazy."

He said with an easy smile, standing from his seat. Several of his colleagues actually looked grateful for the intermission, and he suspected he wasn't the only one who wanted a break.

He knew a place in midtown that had excellent food, and they could easily put together a catering for twelve without much wait. He had a driver take him there, because there was no where to put half pans on his motorcycle.

With a lot on his mind, he jumped out of the BMW and hopped on the sidewalk. Three steps later he remembered he had left the door open, and pivoted back quickly to rectify that.

He nearly knocked a blonde lady completely over, and swiftly caught her.

"Oh, forgive me Miss, I'm terribly sorry."

He said, giving her a winsome smile. But as she looked up at him, recognition dawned on his expression.

"Wait, aren't you..... [he drops his voice] aren't you Delilah... Travlen? I'm Gavin Greeley. [he chuckles] Haleigh probably never mentioned me. Or if she did, she called me 'Tycoon'."

Clara Oswald
Clara Oswald
And her rides a motorcycle...he's dreamy :D

MorningStar

The Light in the Darkness
The Six
Real Name
Delilah Trelaven
Residence
The Parthenon, NYC
Missions
Ability
Transducing Light into Sound (and vice versa)
Midtown

Delilah was lost in her own thoughts as she walked. The fresh air had certainly lightened her mood, and her mind was busy making a plan for what she – they – should do next. She was scooting around a car door that some dumbass had left wide open when a tall guy in a suit ran smack into her.

The man caught her as she fell and as he righted her she started to bitch him out.

“Why don’t you watch where the hell you’re-“

Tycoon said:
"Oh, forgive me Miss, I'm terribly sorry."
She swallowed the rest of her comment. He certainly had a nice smile…

“Well, no harm done.”

Tycoon said:
"Wait, aren't you... [he drops his voice] aren't you Delilah... Travlen? I'm Gavin Greeley. [he chuckles] Haleigh probably never mentioned me. Or if she did, she called me 'Tycoon'."
“Trelaven, yes. And of course, Mr. Greeley. Haleigh-“

Delilah felt a stab as she said her name, which Gavin would see on her face. But only for a second.

“Haleigh has mentioned your financial prowess many times.”

She stood there smiling, then remembered herself.

“Thank you, [indicating the area of the car] for the quick assist.”

She started to move on, then turned back.

“Gavin…”

She stepped close enough to be heard.

“Would you possibly be willing to meet with me sometime? I run a foundation, you see, for…”

She looked at him directly.

Special youths.”

She knew he would know what that meant.

“I’d like to ensure that my financial planning will safeguard the institution as well as stand up to scrutiny from those who would, shall we say, seek to do harm to the type of person my foundation benefits? I feel like you might be uniquely qualified in that regard?”

Tycoon

Rising Star
Real Name
Gavin Greeley
Missions
Midtown

She was a little firecracker, right after they collided, but when their eyes met, she softened a bit. She fixed his pronunciation of her name, and he gave her appropriately apologetic blue eyes.

Delilah: Trelaven, yes. And of course, Mr. Greeley.

"Please, call me Gavin."

Delilah: Haleigh-

He saw her struggle with the mention of her friend, and concern creased his brow. He wondered what kind of fallout their group had sustained when Haleigh defected. He knew that it was almost a family for Haleigh, and that over the years, he'd watched an austere, professional boss become a warm and friendly leader. He realized he was still holding onto her elbows, and he slowly withdrew his hands as Delilah recovered and continued talking.

Delilah: Haleigh has mentioned your financial prowess many times.

"Oh, I'm just glad she didn't tell you about the time I hit on her and she brutally shot me down. It was quite embarrassing, actually, and now I wonder why I brought it up..."

He rambled, as she dazzled him with a smile.

Delilah: Thank you, [indicating the area of the car] for the quick assist.

"Well, it was the least I could do, after plowing into you like that. Again, I'm sorry, I've just got.... a lot on my mind today."

She turned to leave too soon, and he seriously considered embarrassing himself further, but she turned back.

Delilah: Gavin…Would you possibly be willing to meet with me sometime?

"I'd be delighted, anytime--"

Delilah: I run a foundation, you see, for…

Oh, it was business related. His smile remained fixed, as she moved in and gave him eye contact.

Delilah: Special youths.

There was a beat in which he raised his eyebrows, and then nodded in understanding.

Delilah: I’d like to ensure that my financial planning will safeguard the institution as well as stand up to scrutiny from those who would, shall we say, seek to do harm to the type of person my foundation benefits? I feel like you might be uniquely qualified in that regard?

"Indeed! Not to pat myself on the back, but my aforementioned financial prowess is at your beck and call. I'd be honored to help your foundation. Perhaps we could meet for dinner soon, to discuss the particulars, I mean."

Last edited:

MorningStar

The Light in the Darkness
The Six
Real Name
Delilah Trelaven
Residence
The Parthenon, NYC
Missions
Ability
Transducing Light into Sound (and vice versa)
Midtown

Tycoon said:
"Please, call me Gavin."
“Gavin.”

She smiled, blushing a little bit. Ack, why was she blushing?

Tycoon said:
"Oh, I'm just glad she didn't tell you about the time I hit on her and she brutally shot me down. It was quite embarrassing, actually, and now I wonder why I brought it up..."
“I find it hard to believe she shot down someone so charming…but you know how Haleigh is…”

Her blush deepened.

Tycoon said:
"Well, it was the least I could do, after plowing into you like that. Again, I'm sorry, I've just got.... a lot on my mind today."
“Oh, no, really, it was my fault. I wasn’t watching where I was going.”

She laughed.

“It must be going around.”

Tycoon said:
"Indeed! Not to pat myself on the back, but my aforementioned financial prowess is at your beck and call. I'd be honored to help your foundation. Perhaps we could meet for dinner soon, to discuss the particulars, I mean."
She smiled and nodded.

“I’d like that.”

She backed up slowly, pointing her thumbs behind her.

“I should get going, I’m sure you were going somewhere important.”

She started to turn away, then turned back quickly, remembering something.

“Oh, uh, Zach has my number. And I’m staying at the Parthenon.”

Ugh why did she say that, it sounded like an invitation.

“Well, it was nice being bumped into by you.”

She smiled with a nervous laugh and then finally turned to go, rolling her eyes at herself.

I am such an idiot...

As she walked away she glanced back over her shoulder, thinking to herself the view from the back was as good as the front.

Talisman

Pure Apathy
The Sisterhood
Real Name
Kelly Shaw
Missions
Ability
Omnisight, Mystical Detection, Techno Magick, Weaponry
Hellfire Mansion - Catacombs

Malice said:
:: Diana eyed Talisman for a moment, wondering if that MIGHT BE what her problem was. Benjamin, after all, looked to be a mere CHILD, hardly capable of the feats and effects that someone like Ravena, or even Berserker could accomplish.::

What brings YOU down here, Talisman? Had enough playing about in the Body Shoppe with your surgical instruments and your nanites for one day?
"Playing about...authoring a completely new scientific discipline. Tomato tomahto."

< Kelly looked at her nails, meticulously, her eyes down as Malice was speaking. >

Malice said:
I'm aware of that. I've been monitoring that situation, AND SCION herself with my psi powers. It's going to be QUITE enjoyable to deliver this "news" to Delilah Trelevan, as only I can. That light bright bitch's halo has been crooked for so long, it's time to knock it clean off, along with her HEAD.

AND I have a gift for you as well, my dear Kelly. Since you've improved your behavior so much after that Frost debacle.

Scion will be delivering a viable genetic sample of Bishop to you, for the revived Super Soldier project.

Our LAST "Shape", Patrick...was definitely a step UP from the initial TYRANT models, and he served as well. But Shadow Weaver destroyed him sometime ago. I want a NEW and IMPROVED model, and who better to use for the template than that walking meat locker?
< Kelly's interest was peaked as a devilish smile curled up in her lips. >

"Mm. Well that's a naughty and delicious gift. I've tracked him for quite some time with my Omni Sight, for business purposes of course.."

< laughing >

"But I might just have to mix a little business with pleasure once that little morsel is done "incubating"..."

< She smirked, looking up from her nails. >

"And I have been wondering what to get Helena for Christmas..."

Malice said:
:: She may not trust Ravena, but until RECENTLY, Diana didn't trust HER. Kelly would do well to tred lightly::

I believe the term you MEANT to use was "SUCCESSFUL," Kelly.

The RUSE that Helena, Ravena and myself concocted, in order to get HELENA the results that she wanted, was a SUCCESS. The REST...

:: glancing at Ravena::

Has been addressed.

:: Diana wasn't going to discuss the PERSONAL matter between herself and Helena with Kelly. It PREDATED HER. It was one of the things that BONDED Diana and Helena, and while Kelly had extended an olive branch during the Black Out party, Diana wasn't COMPLETELY certain that the black queen wasn't looking for signs of weakness or strain in the fabric of the leadership of the inner circle that she could capitalize on, which is why Diana had DOMINO keeping an eye on her.::

Did you come down here to satisfy your voyeurism, and provide us a recap, or was there something you actually wanted?
< Kelly rose to her feet walking over to a control panel, fiddling with the objects on the console, her hands always working towards figuring something, seeing how things worked. >

"Actually there is. As much as I enjoy the kicks and giggles that vexing The Six gives you and Helena..I've been taking care of things on my end. William Stryker's death has been surprisingly well timed. My affiliation with WilPharma has run it's course and as it's employees seek to shield themselves from the almighty hand of justice, Alycia Barnett..I've been able to cast my sights on finding who the true power players are in this industry they truly know nothing about.."

< shaking her head with a look of almost pity. she looked back towards Ravena and Malice. >

"I have acquired an asset. A young, gifted woman who has found herself at the center of this new struggle for power. She runs the South African Branch of Tricell and lends her counsel on a number of different government watchdog groups designed to keep things on the "straight and narrow" and upon further investigation, out of all the little seeds that tried to bloom in the wake of the destruction of MysTech, I've found Tricell to be an organization that should not be slept on. As long as this woman proves her worth, I can use her to open doors that have long been locked and fortify connections to my own work..OUR work in ways we haven't been able to access in years."

< her heels clicked over towards the white queen and king until she was standing front of them, her dark cranberry lips pursed for a moment. >

"When it comes to my own court, I have found some rather desirable and worthy candidates. There is a gifted young man, both mutant and shaman, currently working on government projects which seek to create weapons that will be used to both hinder and destroy mutants. He is on the verge of an internal crisis, and I will capitalize on that moment of weakness at the right time. His mutant ability allows him to build ANYTHING, and under my guidance...the days of our "Shapes" and "Super Soldiers" being destroyed will be few and far between, if at ALL."

< She tilted her head to the side as she continued the laundry list of the work she was doing while Helena and Diana were busy hedging The Six and putting Haleigh and Ava through their paces. >

"The returns on my Body Shoppe are about to be delivered threefold. There is a boy, a young man who possesses such a darkness, such a raw and frightful amount of power, that even thinking about his potential makes me WET."

< Her cobalt blue eyes sparkled for a moment as she pouted her lips playfully at the two. >

[inspired]

"He has the potential to stand alongside somebody like Black. And as soon as he gives his life over to me, for some misguided wish, he will be MINE. And by proxy...OURS."

Malice said:
Do you think I want or NEED another CHILD in my midst? The mission i've given Scion is NOT merely for the purpose of combat data, it's to bring something back for YOU as well.
"Well, I certainly didn't think you suddenly gained a set of maternal instinct. So thank you in advance."

Malice said:
One would hope that with all this PROBING and dissecting you're doing, there'd be a POINT to all of it? If you cut open everything out there, you might end up removing a powerful asset from the playing field, POWER that could be put to good use in service of US. Not everything needs to be tampered with, Talisman, just imagine what would have happened if the FLATSCANS had managed to wipe out OUR genome with aggressive experimentation when we were in our infancy in this genetic arms race?
"I appreciate the advice, Diana dear. But do I attempt to tell you how to best The Six? How to bring about the pain and destruction of them as only YOU can?"

< slicking a piece of her bun back, she crossed her arms. >

"No..I don't. Because that is your turf. A place where you have the home advantage. My research, my work...IS MINE. I'm well aware of what I'm doing and the necessity of it, otherwise I wouldn't be wasting my time. My thoroughness, and high volume will yield results where the others have failed, and my own abilities as a sorceress show me who or what is worth developing, and what is worth harvesting for parts and moving on."

< in regards to the arms race. >

"Thankfully I have bigger biceps than most."

Malice said:
Beyond that, are YOU prepared to invest the time, the MANPOWER in battling Rose? Or are you going to overreach again, like you did with Shadow Weaver, not knowing all that there is to know about her before striking a meaningful blow?

Clearly Rose's children are her prime commitment, and ALSO a source of emotional turmoil. MOST successful caregivers ALWAYS have a high level of vigilance...but with Rose, I sense something else...something that she has been SUPPRESSING since the night of the Purifiers attack on her orphanage. It's BUSTING THROUGH the hefty psionic barriers she's created. Just like I told you all about vexing the six, it should be savored like a fine wine. We can help this process along, but we'll let Rose do most of the work FOR US, and if it turns out she's about to self destruct? well then the children will be RIPE for the taking then, and you wont have any more of your court members getting POWER TOSSED across the city by her.
"My Black Knight recovered a sample of Rose's energy signature which I have been researching, on either how to duplicate it, or destroy it. When the time comes to face Rose, I will be ready. But from what I've already gathered? She seems poised and powerful enough to take YOUR PLACE. So just be sure YOU don't overreach and find yourself locked on The Astral Plane."

Malice said:
The London Branch has a new red queen, a powerful sorceress named Amanda Sefton. Ravena has advised me that she walks the Winding Way. You're a magick user, have you heard of that?

It's CUSTOMARY for cross-court or cross branch relations to occur during significant events, such as the black out party. or the changing of the guard in an inner circle.

From what I hear, Ms. Sefton has been pulling the Red Court together, raising it's profile and whipping it in to shape. Helena, Ravena and I were curious, and wanted to check her out for ourselves, and I knew you'd want to join us. Beyond that...
"The Winding Way is a curious path for those who wish to be a part of The Hellfire Club. Their power waxes and wanes, sometimes for long periods. It was supposed to be the ultimate discipline of "power WITH responsibility." By that information alone I must see her, see how she can possibly fit into a world like this one."

"For her sake I hope she's waxing. Not just her power but also from a personal hygiene standard."

Lord Ravena said:
< The invitation from Ravena left her a bit on edge. Everybody was clambering to prove their worth to Diana it seemed, peacocking and ruffling their feathers to get her to notice. That had been part of her own problem when she arrived in this timeline. At some point she became resolved to let her work speak for itself and wait for the juvenile comments about her ineptitude to wear off. This was the grandest of gestures by Ravena, and Talisman didn't trust it..because she didn't trust him. His darkness was as familiar as it was mysterious, but she would need to figure this out in her own time. For now she, she simply smiled and nodded. >

"Well then. Goddess knows I could use a vacation. It sounds lovely. Though I've seen enough of Sheena Island to last a lifetime."

< Bitchy barbs thrown back and forth were one thing, they were customary. Questioning Diana's White King in front of her, was stupid. She could get answers elsewhere. >

"Well I'd love to stay and catch the show, even though the one in your bedroom last night would be hard to beat...I'd like to crack open a bottle of hemlock and enjoy my evening."

"Ta ta, dears!"

< Leaving the catacombs, she headed back up to the main levels of the mansions, before heading into the Red Wing. She needed to speak with Helena. >

Persephone
Persephone
A Bishop clone would be a fabulous present for Helena! :P LOL
Carol Peletier
Carol Peletier
Her arrival & discussion w/ the white king & queen unfolded nicely. I liked her comment regarding Sefton & the Winding Way.
Status
Not open for further replies.