1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alien: Covenant

Discussion in 'Big Screen' started by Carol Peletier, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Carol Peletier

Carol Peletier Look at the flowers... Staff Member Contributing Member

Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created, with ALIEN: COVENANT, a new chapter in his groundbreaking ALIEN franchise. The crew of the colony ship Covenant, bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world. When they uncover a threat beyond their imagination, they must attempt a harrowing escape.

--------------

I'm looking forward to this. I'm a big fan of the Alien films (NOT that Alien vs Predator BS ) & the Prometheus film was EXCELLENT, something that loyal, detail oriented fans of the original 4 Alien films would appreciate b/c it starts to answer the question "WHERE DID THEY COME FROM?" So this film bridges the gap between prometheus & the first Alien film.

We can also look forward to a new installment for the Alien films featuring Sigourney Weaver! :D looking forward to that too!

s_k likes this.
  2. s_k

s_k Rising Star

I also look forward to this.
    Hopefully they can begin getting the Alien franchise back on track.

I really wanted to like Prometheus, it had potential, but it never quite lived up to my expectations.

/SK

3. Carol Peletier

Carol Peletier Look at the flowers... Staff Member Contributing Member

I watched it w/ low expectations, but what drew me in was the little nods & references to things that were "established" in the original 4 films, like the corporation's name. Little things like that.

It's unfortunate that there wasn't a direct follow up to Prometheus. The actress who played the sole surviving doctor at the end of the film was originally attached to a project, but then a little while later, it was said she wouldn't be involved. That was disappointing.

But I liked that we at least got to see something about WHERE these alien creatures came from b/c for the longest time, nobody could say just WHERE the xenomorphs started.

I hope this upcoming film , & the Alien installment that features Sigourney Weaver's return WILL get the franchise back on track too! :D

4. Bateman

Bateman Rising Star Contributing Member

Despite feeling lackluster towards Prometheus I am actually now more interested in the Engineers than the Aliens. Judging from the trailer, I don't think the Engineers will be discussed.

5. Rampage

Rampage I am a fucking god. Contributing Member

Wow...might get my $$$$