1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DC: Pre-Cheetah Barbara Minerva to be featured in Wonder Woman #8

Discussion in 'Great Escape' started by Carol Peletier, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Carol Peletier

Carol Peletier Look at the flowers... Staff Member Contributing Member

@Clara Oswald this is what I was trying to tell you about.

Pre-Cheetah Barbara Ann Minerva to be Featured in WONDER WOMAN #8

I'm really interested to read this. Cheetah (Barbara Minerva version) is a hold over from the George Perez/Karen Berger era of PostCrisis WW & was arguably the most popular version to date. Barbara, in human form during that time was very unlikeable. It'll be interesting to see what they do w/ her in this story.

2. Clara Oswald

Clara Oswald Oswin! Staff Member Contributing Member

I'm really interested in seeing how this plays out. I'm so behind on my comics lol, but I need to read this one.

3. Carol Peletier

Carol Peletier Look at the flowers... Staff Member Contributing Member

I want to read this one too. I highly recommend you see if you can check out any of the post crisis, George Perez era WW storylines involving Minerva's Cheetah. Everything from the writing, the characters, to the pencils, is AMAZING. I still remember reading their "final" battle...it was in the late 80s/early 90s...& it was vicious. It really looked like Cheetah had brought out the worst in WW, who typically tried to avoid that level of violence. But after all the shit Cheetah/Minerva had done to WW & her closest friends...enough was enough lol.

I think the good thing about this upcoming story is that for those of us who remember Minerva from the Perez era, but checked out on "New 52" WW, we'll be able to pick up on what's going on, while getting a glimpse into Barbara Minerva that Perez never offered.

The writing team involved in this story are the same ppl who gave us the most recent incarnation of Silver Swan (Vanessa Kapetelis), which even *I* was shocked that SHE of all ppl ended up becoming the new SS & it was definitely an emotional atom bomb for WW. I wonder, now that they're backing off of the New 52 crap, will they begin bringing back other characters such as SS, maybe even Giganta, & Dr. Psycho...all major foes of WW.

4. Clara Oswald

Clara Oswald Oswin! Staff Member Contributing Member

The earlier WW rebirth issues with Cheetah were so so, but #8 which is kind of the backstory of Barbara was pretty good and so was #9 with her aiding Wonder Woman to find Themyscira.