Not open for further replies.

Malice

The White Queen
The Sisterhood
Real Name
Diana Carver
Missions
Ability
Telepathy, Psi Lightning, Psychic reflection, Psionic Siphoning, Transiamorphic diamond form
Arklay Mansion Replica- Control Room

"You killed me. Let's be honest, I LET you do it. Too fucking bad it didn't stick. You made copies of me? You're a sick fuck, you know that?"

:: Diana just stands there, looking at Scion.::

There's more than one way to kill a virus, and you know I take pride in ALL that I do. Perhaps I want to make sure that I can perfect the art of DESTROYING you.

:: She said this in a low, predatory tone as she eyed the newly revived, and clearly edgier looking Black Widow in that "shark" like way that only SHE could.::

"You killed me. Let's be honest, I LET you do it. Too fucking bad it didn't stick.
You certainly inherited your father's ARROGANCE, didn't you?

:: Diana replied::

Your consent has NEVER been needed by me to do whatever I WANT to you.

And while we're being honest? You were FLAWED, Scion, and I did you a FAVOR by BREAKING you.

You were having what amounted to an emotionally corrective episode, and you were fragmenting in your psyche. You couldn't handle your own truth when measured up to the FACADE you've worked so hard to maintain up till now, and you thought you could destroy ME? You thought that whatever biological link between us would somehow SAVE you from my WRATH?

Like every other person that forgot their place,

You NEEDED to be shut down.

You made copies of me? You're a sick fuck, you know that?
:: Diana enjoys another drink::

I am an artist, little girl. But no less deadly because of that.

Like any creator, I destroy what does not work, what does not suit me and what no longer serves a purpose.

Perhaps NOW you have learned your lesson, and in this new body, you'll have a new attitude.

"My whole life..... is a fucking joke."

She sounded much calmer now, much more composed. She even laughed, and it didn't sound deranged.
So are most of your relationships.

:: Diana smoothly added::

"I have spent most of my adulthood judging myself based on the DELUSION that I was once a good person that bad shit happened to. I have been HATING myself for the choices I have made.... and the malice I have felt for as long as I could remember. I'm guessing since my father died. Oh but wait..... He wasn't even my fucking father. But he's not the only person who has suffered and died because of their connection to me. Patrick? I fucking loved him. I needed him..... because he saw the anger and he still thought I was a good person. But you.... (smiling sarcastically) you broke him..... for what? To know me better?"
Perhaps. I couldn't help but feel....SOME sort of curiosity about you. After all, you WERE created from part of ME. You ARE my genetic daughter and nothing you do will EVER change that, just like you can never change the fact that SEVERAL of your "new leases" on life- including this one- are owed to ME.

But BREAKING Patrick wasn't merely just about you. He had his purpose to serve. His anamolous gene structure made him the perfect candidate for "The Shape" testing. He was a step up from Kyle Kelly, and he proved to be rather useful in the field, until Shadow Weaver finally destroyed him.

Oh by the way, I bet you're looking forward to your family reunion with the Victoria clan.

:: Diana smiles in a mocking manner at the struggling hybrid::

I can't WAIT to see how that works out for you!

The ugly duckling, rushing back to the swans to show them how beautiful she is, because she's wearing some haphazard costume she threw together to try and prove herself.

:: Black Widow continued, bravely exploring herself, the meaning of her existence and if she could be true to who she believed she was...but then::

She paused, looking at the undersides of her bare feet, realizing she had cut them on broken glass, or twisted metal, or some other debris when she walked into the room. She continued as if it were paint on her soles instead of blood.

"And you know the strength it's taken, and the self loathing I've endured, to be with the Six, to be a 'good person'. (Laughing) because I still fucking think that I could be a good person..... if could just learn to.... control.... the desire... to cause pain and destruction and death. If I could just (cough) silence..... the fucking part of me.... that wants to see someone else suffer.... as much as I have suffered."

She looked up at Malice, wearing a nauseous expression. Her throat felt raw, but then, she'd never used these vocal cords before.
Having a hard time, Scion?

The last time you looked and sounded like this...

::FLASH!::

Seer said:
<< Sheena Island, the Observatory.>>

<< Black Widow, by the power of Viper, has been OVERCOME by the T-Virus in her body...and has finally degenerated into...a ZOMBIE!>>

<< Images of her attacking and trying to BITE The Silver Swan, who is the only one holding her back from attacking and FEEDING on her friends.>>
:: Diana gazed at Black Widow. They BOTH knew.::

"But that part of me..... is not something that can be silenced.... is it? I (cough) can't be a good person.... because I'm not a fucking person at all. I'm a SCIENCE EXPERIMENT. I wasn't born, I was created in a fucking Petri dish, and grown in a tube full of the same slime-soup that's in my fucking hair right now. I was..... engineered..... to be exactly what I am: a fucking sociopath! I was created..... to be YOU. Or rather, to be the perfect blend of you and Christopher fucking Victory."

There was a long pause. Haleigh and Diana just stared at each other. Haleigh smiled in the most disturbed, haunted way.

"Well.... I guess there's only one thing left to say, MOTHER....... and I KNOW it's what you REALLY want, but that's okay, because it's what I want now too. FUCK the truce. Prepare for war. I'll come BACK to get my bodies. And when I do? I'm bringing EVERYBODY. I'm going to make you suffer for everything you've done to me.... and everything you've done to the people that I love. I'm going to make you REGRET the way I am--the way you and Christopher made me. I'm going to make you SO FUCKING SORRY that you cry blood."
:: Diana's face slowly shifted with a slight SMILE forming. She was not worried.::

I AM WAR, little girl, and the flowing blood and BROKEN BODIES of "EVERYBODY" you bring will REMIND you of that.

Leave now, while I'm feeling generous toward you, "daughter." The NEXT time we meet...I will be sending you to join your FATHER in the HELL that your sister condemned him too.

It's a trip you WON'T be coming back from.

:: Diana gave Haleigh exactly 5 minutes to completely exit the Arklay.::

:: And after the hybrid had disappeared from her view and was quickly making her way out of the mansion, Diana took a moment to look at the body on the floor.::

:: pressing a button on the console::

Drone? There's been a change of plans. Take this body and have it delievered to the office of Cameron King. Make sure it reaches him in the day time.

:: She presses another button, and the remaining view screen that is still somewhat operational flickers on....with a view of Helena Quartermaine looking back at Diana::

Helena, inform the others. The Truce is dead.

:: And with that, Malice closes the channel. She takes a drink of her champange, before dropping the goblet from her hand and letting it crash on the floor, shattering. She simply walks away in her black high heels, briefly catching a glimpse of herself in that same fractured mirror, and tossing her hair as she does so. Soon after, she disappears into the darkness of the underground research lab::

Black Widow

Twisted Metal
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Haleigh Davidoff
Residence
Hellfire New York
Missions
Ability
Earth Elemental; Technokinesis; Strength, Resilience, and Immunity due to the TO virus
Diana: I AM WAR, little girl, and the flowing blood and BROKEN BODIES of "EVERYBODY" you bring will REMIND you of that.

Haleigh laughed, truly amused by Diana's assertation, and her attempt to save face after having almost croaked a few minutes ago.

"And you say I got my arrogance from my father?"

Diana: Leave now, while I'm feeling generous toward you, "daughter." The NEXT time we meet...I will be sending you to join your FATHER in the HELL that your sister condemned him too. It's a trip you WON'T be coming back from.

Haleigh shrugged, completely unmoved by Diana's continued threatening.

"Maybe..... maybe not. I do know this.... I might be going to hell, but you're SURE AS HELL going FIRST. Don't deny it, 'mother', don't hide it away in that deep dark place where you bury all the things you're not strong enough to FACE in the cold light of day. I CAN DESTROY YOU. We both know that now. I didn't succeed on my first try, but I've got a sharp learning curve. The next attempt will be much more advanced. I saw the shock and the fear in your eyes, and it's an expression that I look forward to seeing again."

And with that, Haleigh stood, and turned her back on Malice. She made her way back down the mountain, through the forest, to the docks. Again, no creatures or zombies dared to bother her. The forest went still for a hundred foot radius around her as she passed.

Once on deck, she instructed the captain to take them back to their originating port, and she paid no mind to the confused and curious looks of the crew. THEY gave her a wide berth as she went as well. No one stopped her on the way to her cabin.

She turned on the water, as hot as possible, then shed the cotton lab coat that had been clinging to her body. The embryonic fluid she'd been submerged in had dried on her skin, leaving a gross sticky taut feeling all over. She stepped into the shower. The water was scalding but something about the burn was grounding. It made her focus on something concrete, something that clearly WASN'T going to change. She was alive. That was the one constant. The was the one thing that NO ONE could change, not even Haleigh herself.

As she vigorously washed the slimy goo out of her golden hair, she tried to wrap her mind around the shitstorm that was now her life. She had no idea what to do. She had completely lost her cool back there. She had called an end to a truce borne out of necessity. She had gambled with everyone's safety. How was she going to tell the others? Could she even?

How would she even say it? Hey, by the way, I called off the truce with the sisterhood. Why? Oh, just because Malice made a bunch of copies of my body. Why would she do that? Oh, I dunno, she's kind of obsessed with me. Why, you ask? Mmmm.... it might have something to do with her being my biological mother? Oh yeah, there's more..... as it turns out, Christopher Victory is my biological father. So Morgan, Blaze..... Yeah, we're totally related. Also, I just died, but no worries, I'm back now, in an aforementioned clone-body.

She leaned against the tiles. She didn't want to think about their reactions. It made her physically dizzy, trying to organize her thoughts, trying to compartmentalize it and make all the pieces fit again. She felt numb to everything, numb to her feelings, numb to the temperature of the water and the way it ran down her body, numb to the world and everything in it and everyone she thought she cared about. She hadn't done them any favors. She'd put all their lives in jeopardy when she challenged Malice.

<<FLASH!!>>

Alice said:
Leave your friends...everyone you know, because Diana is about to unleash a new wave of TERROR upon the city, upon the WORLD, but before she does, she's going to CLAIM what is HERS, And she WILL destroy ALL that you hold dear to get to you, and when she finally has you? Whatever deity you have...even HE/SHE won't be able to help you.
I should've accepted her offer.... I should've joined her.... in the Hellfire inner circle. Power without consequence..... and the truce would still be in play. FUCK.

She started distantly at the steam inside her own shower as the hot water washed over her. The boat pitched suddenly, causing Haleigh to nearly SLIP on the slime that had rinsed off her body and flail her hands for something to grab onto. She grabbed the rail that her soaps and shampoos sat on, knocking them all down around her feet.

WHAT THE DAMN HELL?!

She turned off the water and stepped out into the bathroom proper, reaching for a towel and beginning to dry herself off. The ship continued to list and pitch this way and that, but a career in the Navy had left Haleigh with steady sea legs. She managed to get dressed, in dark blue jeans, black combat boots and a tank top. She slipped a leather belt through the loops on her jeans and tucked her gun into her waistband at the small of her back. Still no holster, but she could get one when she got back to her suite at the Parthenon. Then she pulled a leather Harley jacket on and zipped it up.

She climbed a spiral staircase to reach the pilothouse, where she found the captain struggling to maintain control of ship. He was shouting orders out to his crew, a calm tone but loud to be heard over the roar of wind and rain. He looked over and saw Haleigh, and immediately offered an explanation.

Captain: We appear to have stumbled on a typhoon. The winds are peaking at about 75 kts.

"Skipper, you sailed us into a FUCKIN TYPHOON??"

Captain: No, No, director. It was supposed to be a smooth ride, this is unforecast, out of season and what's more, it appeared on radar in an INSTANT. I've never seen anything like it. We're only on the eastern edge of it, we're gonna bend our course northwest around the clean side and attempt not to get sucked in."

"Negative, go due North, I know a safe haven where we can dock, I'll give your navigator the coordinates."

She suspected this 'freak storm' was meant to divert her anyway. It was just too convenient that the Aerie archipelago was less than 20 minutes away.

When she reached Minerva's, she wasn't surprised to find Alison waiting for her. She sighed audibly, because she knew at this point, Alison had drawn her here because the precog had seen some alarming time thread possibilities.

"So what did you tell my sister to get her to create that little hurricane and force me to lay anchor here?"

Last edited:

Harbinger

Seer
The Six
Real Name
Alison Marble
Residence
Minerva&#039;s Mansion in Greece
Missions
Ability
Precognition, Magick, Telekinesis
Minerva's Aerie- Executive Study

:: Expecting Haleigh's arrival, Alison had informed her security to grant her smooth, uninterrupted access to the island, and entrance into the mansion, and for them all to stay back and not interact with her. IF Haleigh went the route that Alison "saw" her going right NOW? Alison would stop her in her tracks. ::

::It had been a WHILE since Haleigh laid eyes on Alison. But the hybrid knew that the precog had her ways of "keeping tabs" on everyone in the family, just as Haleigh did. It was one of the reasons why they had been able to work so well together when they were left with the task of co-leading the team after Spellbinder's "death." ::

:: Once the hybrid andn her crew docked and she was inside the mansion, she made her way right to the executive study::

When she reached Minerva's, she wasn't surprised to find Alison waiting for her. She sighed audibly, because she knew at this point, Alison had drawn her here because the precog had seen some alarming time thread possibilities.

"So what did you tell my sister to get her to create that little hurricane and force me to lay anchor here?"
Nice greeting, Haleigh. Very good way to reinforce the idea...perhaps the MYTH...that we're even friends?

:: Harbinger said coldly as she stared Haleigh down with her colbalt blue eyes.::

That storm was not your sister's doing. it was mine, courtesy of Hecate's storm summoning spell.

:: Haleigh finally seated herself. She knew Alison was not letting her leave until she faced her. Alison gestures with her index finger and the large, thick double doors to the study close.::

After all these years...all the effort we made to come together, to RESPECT and TRUST each other...and even now...you STILL can't help yourself. You never could understand that people in our family made the journey to see you in a new light, to CARE about you, to be emotionally INVESTED in you. You even MOCKED Alycia for it.

But now that I know the TRUTH, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

:: Alison said with utter contempt in her voice::

I don't know WHY I didn't see this before! It.... the TRUST I had come to place in you...it honestly NEVER OCCURRED TO ME to LOOK for that possibility in YOUR time threads!

:: Alison sounded ASTONISHED as she said this::

But I REGISTERED the equivalent of an ATOM BOMB being DETONATED across the astral plane, and there aren't even a "HANDFUL " of psychics on the planet capable of that kind of power.

When I took a moment to "LOOK" more closely to "SEE" who was the source of this astral event....I SAW YOU being the VICTIM of that attack, DIANA'S attack!

I was ABOUT to COME to your aid Haleigh, ...but then I saw EVERYTHING that lead UP to that attack, AND the aftermath.

:: She continued to look directly at Haleigh, and like a mysterious picture, her intense eyes seemed to "follow" the woman's every moment, no matter how slight or small. Haleigh knew that Alison was searching and looking through ALL of her time threads, even now.::

You're Christopher and DIANA'S daughter.

:: Haleigh could just imagine how many ways Harbinger could broadcast this to the others, and while she was no precog, she could also make a pretty good guess as to what Alison would DO if she thought it was necessary, but despite the contempt that was radiating from the precog right now, she was noticeably keeping herself composed::

:: A few moments of silence pass between them. Only the rhythmic ticking of the grandfather clock in the study conintues it's noise::

Well...now you're TRULY one of us, aren't you?

Nearly ALL of the founders of the Six had at least ONE parent from their original cabal. You had TWO, arguably the two most infamous and dangerous.

And now you have a whole new family to boot, while Ava loses her's.

I don't envy you...I FEEL for my brother, and ESPECIALLY Ava, along with Morgan, the others, and how they'll react when they find out.

:: She leans forward in her seat, making sure Haleigh understands this clearly::

And they WILL find out, Haleigh. Because if you DON'T tell them? I WILL.

I'll tell them about THIS, AND I'll tell them that the clearest, CLOSEST time thread leading to/from you now shows you leaving The Six, to JOIN THE HELLFIRE CLUB'S Inner Circle, as Malice's WHITE PRINCESS.

This isn't the blue moon, and neither you NOR Delilah will be able to TRUMPET that "it's MY descision" CRAP this time.

YOU have just put ALL of our lives in DANGER. You ENDED the truce without telling ANYONE what you were planning to do or WHY, and If I hadn't diverted your path just now, you would have sailed off into the night to some remote, secret location of yours, and hidden out for any length of time while you "sorted it all out" letting the clock tick until MALICE assaulted the Six in an ambush!

If you DON'T tell them about who you really are, if you don't WARN them of Malice coming for them, then I will.

Black Widow

Twisted Metal
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Haleigh Davidoff
Residence
Hellfire New York
Missions
Ability
Earth Elemental; Technokinesis; Strength, Resilience, and Immunity due to the TO virus
Aerie -- Alison's Executive Study

Alison: Nice greeting, Haleigh. Very good way to reinforce the idea...perhaps the MYTH...that we're even friends?

"Alison, right now I'm worried that my sister is having a psychological BREAKDOWN and that the storm I just dodged is a physical manifestation of that, so before we engage in a long, overly sentimental embrace, please tell me you did NOT just brutally inform MY sister that she is all alone in this world because I am actually the devil's spawn."

Alison: That storm was not your sister's doing. it was mine, courtesy of Hecate's storm summoning spell.

Haleigh sat down and crossed her legs, sensing this was about to be a storm of a different kind.

"Ok..... fine, but for the record, friends don't force depressions --tropical or otherwise-- on each other. So I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that I'm not the ONLY one who needs to give a little more courtesy to improve the quality of our friendship."

Alison: After all these years...all the effort we made to come together, to RESPECT and TRUST each other...and even now...you STILL can't help yourself. You never could understand that people in our family made the journey to see you in a new light, to CARE about you, to be emotionally INVESTED in you. You even MOCKED Alycia for it.

"Are you even going to acknowledge the idea that perhaps I made an investment too? I mean, just right out of the gate it sounds like you aren't going to be fair here."

Alison: But now that I know the TRUTH, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

"So, are you angry at ME for something I had NO SAY in, or mad at YOURSELF for not seeing this coming?"

Alison explained/justified WHY she missed a whopper like this, and how she came to find out about it now.

Alison: I was ABOUT to COME to your aid Haleigh, ...but then I saw EVERYTHING that lead UP to that attack, AND the aftermath. You're Christopher and DIANA'S daughter.

The silence that follows the truth isn't all that silent. The clock ticks in the background, and Alison's heart-rate indicates her contempt. Haleigh has only the most feeble defense.

It's not my fault.

She thinks, but doesn't vocalize. It improves nothing and just sounds like whining.

Alison: Well...now you're TRULY one of us, aren't you? Nearly ALL of the founders of the Six had at least ONE parent from their original cabal. You had TWO, arguably the two most infamous and dangerous.

"Lucky fuckin' me."

Alison: And now you have a whole new family to boot, while Ava loses her's.

"Stop, Alison."

Haleigh pleads, with a pained expression. But Alison is on a roll and she doesn't stop.

Alison: I don't envy you...I FEEL for my brother, and ESPECIALLY Ava, along with Morgan, the others, and how they'll react when they find out. And they WILL find out, Haleigh. Because if you DON'T tell them? I WILL. I'll tell them about THIS, AND I'll tell them that the clearest, CLOSEST time thread leading to/from you now shows you leaving The Six, to JOIN THE HELLFIRE CLUB'S Inner Circle, as Malice's WHITE PRINCESS.

"How many times do I have to tell you? YOUR VISIONS ARE NOT SET IN STONE."

Alison: This isn't the blue moon, and neither you NOR Delilah will be able to TRUMPET that "it's MY descision" CRAP this time. YOU have just put ALL of our lives in DANGER. You ENDED the truce without telling ANYONE what you were planning to do or WHY, and If I hadn't diverted your path just now, you would have sailed off into the night to some remote, secret location of yours, and hidden out for any length of time while you "sorted it all out" letting the clock tick until MALICE assaulted the Six in an ambush! If you DON'T tell them about who you really are, if you don't WARN them of Malice coming for them, then I will.

"You must honestly believe that I am the worst kind of person. The crazy thing is THAT'S FINE. You want to judge me for who my fucking parents are, or a decision I haven't even made and might NOT even make, THAT'S FINE. But you know what's NOT FINE? For you to sit there, and throw around words like 'respect' and 'trust' and 'friendship' and 'family' while you try to yank all that shit away from me for WHAT? A time thread that COULD EASILY CHANGE?"

Haleigh shook her head gently, and stood up. The look on Alison's face said the time thread was getting clearer.

"What do you WANT from me, Alison? I just tried to kill my own mother. I just died and came back to life. You're disappointed in me, I get it. But I'm disappointed in you too. In one conversation you took YEARS of effort and sacrifice and threw it out the window. You completely disregard all that I've done, all that I've given, to be a fucking 'hero'. WHY should I keep TORTURING myself?"

She started to leave, without giving Alison time to even answer. The damage was done, and she refused to even look at Alison now.

"No, whatever you're about to say, DON'T. I'll call a meeting and tell them everything. Don't bother attending, it'd be pointless considering you already KNOW everything."

Harbinger

Seer
The Six
Real Name
Alison Marble
Residence
Minerva&#039;s Mansion in Greece
Missions
Ability
Precognition, Magick, Telekinesis
Minerva's Mansion- Executive Study

"You must honestly believe that I am the worst kind of person. The crazy thing is THAT'S FINE. You want to judge me for who my fucking parents are, or a decision I haven't even made and might NOT even make, THAT'S FINE. But you know what's NOT FINE? For you to sit there, and throw around words like 'respect' and 'trust' and 'friendship' and 'family' while you try to yank all that shit away from me for WHAT? A time thread that COULD EASILY CHANGE?"

Haleigh shook her head gently, and stood up. The look on Alison's face said the time thread was getting clearer.
:: Alison continued to keep her colbalt blue eyes fixed on Haleigh. She remained firm, and cold in her presentation...at least on the surface. But inside...in her HEART....the one that had recently started "BEATING" again following her confrontation with her baby brother...she was TRULY saddened FOR Haleigh. Her whole life had been BLOWN APART, and after all she'd endured before, how HARD she'd worked to come to where she is now, INCLUDING her personal relationships? Only to have ALL of that INVALIDATED by the revelation of a madman's genetic machinations, and to find out that she's the genetic daughter of the Six's PREMIER adversary!?::

:: Even for a precog, this was BEYOND surreal!::

:: But make no mistake, ALISON didn't HATE Haleigh. NOR did she BLAME her for something that was TRULY not her fault! SHE was as much a VICTIM of Christopher's as anyone else, JUST AS MUCH as Karen, Morgan, Blaze and Jasmine had been, and just as much as any TARGET of Diana's. But even the TRUTH about Haleigh being Diana's genetic daughter hadn't stopped the white queen from MURDERING HER this evening.::

:: A lingering view of Harbinger's eyes, as they stare at Black Widow's NEW body::

Seer said:
<< From Harbinger's "VIEW" of Haleigh and the events of the evening, Haleigh's unexpected RESURRECTION was TRULY an indication that the woman had in fact inherited some aspect of DIANA'S power signature afterall! A clone is a genetic copy, but there's NEVER a guarantee that the clone will exhibit the same personality or behavior, or even have the same MEMORIES as the ORIGINAL. The moment of her death, Black Widow had somehow been able to PROJECT her consciousness into a genetic copy of her body, similar to what Malice had ultimately ended up doing when SHE was decapitated by Spellbinder's soul sword! In Diana's case, it meant traveling across the astral plane, and finding a crosstime alternate who's body was best suited. Haleigh would never be able to achieve THAT level of psionic will power, BUT the fact that she'd been able to do it so instantaneously without even KNOWING that she had a "copy" of her body AVAILABLE was enough indication that she had indeed inherited a SMALL piece of Diana's psi power afterall.>>
"What do you WANT from me, Alison? I just tried to kill my own mother. I just died and came back to life. You're disappointed in me, I get it. But I'm disappointed in you too. In one conversation you took YEARS of effort and sacrifice and threw it out the window. You completely disregard all that I've done, all that I've given, to be a fucking 'hero'. WHY should I keep TORTURING myself?"

She started to leave, without giving Alison time to even answer. The damage was done, and she refused to even look at Alison now.

"No, whatever you're about to say, DON'T. I'll call a meeting and tell them everything. Don't bother attending, it'd be pointless considering you already KNOW everything."
:: Alison hesitates for a moment. Haleigh's back is to her, so the hybrid doesnt see the look of DISMAY that flashes across Alison's face.::

WAIT!

:: Haleigh opens the double doors of the executive suite, and Alison immediately stands up, thrusting her hand, palm forward, in a "STOP" motion. A rushing/chiming sound is heard as the double doors SLAM shut, and are SEALED by her TK. ::

Haleigh just WAIT a moment.

:: THIS time, the hybrid sees the look on Alison's face. It's NOT a look of coldness or even contempt. It's something...softer...::

I....I'm really NOT disappointed in YOU.

It's NOT your fault.

You're NOT the enemy because of who your parents are. If that were the criteria...then what would that make me, Cameron, or nearly EVERYONE on this team?

You're NOT the enemy because of how you came to be here. NOR does your origin make you any LESS important to...or

:: moving out from behind her desk::

...LESS A PERSON than ME, or ANYONE ELSE in OUR family.

OUR family, Haleigh.

It's NOT your fault....what is ABOUT to happen. You KNOW that the fates that weave and cast TIME do NOT respect anyone.

It's JUST like I told you on the eve of Master Mold. It's just like i told Bishop during the Blue Moon. It's just like I told you during ....the BADIANE dream.

:: The first indication to Haleigh that Alison had, in fact, shared that same dream time experience with the rest of them::

You've always believed that what I see via my precognition is not set in stone, and while that CAN be true SOMETIMES, the part you MISSED is that EVERY movement, EVERY action a person takes causes SHIFTS in his or her time threads. All movements, like the hands on a clock! With what has happened between you and Diana, it caused a MONUMENTAL shift in not only YOUR time threads, but those leading to/from THE SIX as well!

:: The look on her face was the same look she had when discussing Delilah's fate, and what needed to happen with Alexia. it is the same look she had when she told Haleigh who would die at the hands of master mold.::

Haleigh...I would use ALL my magicks, and my power over time to change this, to RESET it IF I could. I would do WHATEVER I could, RIGHT NOW to save you! But you said yourself, the night that Sharon died at the hands of Master Mold, I'm a precog, NOT a goddess. NOR am I one of the sister Fates.

:: Sighing with regret as she looked upon haleigh with a pained expression::

You ALSO said something to me about Delilah, and her right to make her choices. You have that same right...and the SHIFTS in your time threads have SHOWN me what choice you WILL make.

I am not your enemy, I am not the one who is throwing away years of effort, sacrifice and BONDS. YOU will be.

And now...I am doing what YOU EXPECT me to do, I am PROTECTING OUR FAMILY.

With this massive shift in time threads not just for you, but ALL of us...the DANGER...the DEATH GLOW has FLASHED across every member of the Six in a way that hasn't been so strong since before Mystech fell!

The truce...was ENDED by you tonight, Just as Malice WANTED, and now she's coming BACK for ALL of us with a vengeance!

ALICE said:
...she will cut down ANYONE to get to you. You know she can...and she WILL.

Get out of here. NOW. Run while you still can. Leave your friends...everyone you know, because Diana is about to unleash a new wave of TERROR upon the city, upon the WORLD!
:: shutting her eyes tightly for a moment before looking at Haleigh again with grim concern::

She just MURDERED you, and YOU'RE her genetic daughter!

You were FORTUNATE, THIS time. Even YOU didn't know that she had a "COPY" of your body on hand, NOR did you know that you had inherited a small aspect of her PSI power which allowed you to PROJECT your consciousness INTO that body. But what about US? What will she do to the REST OF US? It doesn't matter that we have powers. She's come after us with strategies that ACCOUNTED for our powers! She WON'T stop until she's destroyed OUR family, Haleigh.

What will she do to the scores of people "out there" that DON'T have any means to protect themselves? Innocents that she views as LESS than insects?

I don't hate you. I wish I could SAVE you.

But I CAN'T. NOR can I stand back while this happens.

I am GOING protect everyone in OUR family as best as I can, and you KNOW you'd do the SAME thing if you were in my position!

This IS a family matter, and THEY are NOT READY for this. Cameron...AVA are going to NEED me. So I WILL be there when you tell them, Haleigh.

:: Alison gestures calmly, and releases the double doors from her TK, and they open::

Black Widow

Twisted Metal
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Haleigh Davidoff
Residence
Hellfire New York
Missions
Ability
Aerie -- Alison's Executive Study

Alison: WAIT!

Haleigh ignored her, but couldn't escape the room fast enough. Alison slammed the doors shut and held them with TK. Haleigh was forced to stop.

Alison: Haleigh, just WAIT a minute.

Haleigh takes a deep breath and turns back to face Alison, folding her arms across her chest. Alison's expression has changed, melted slightly. Haleigh can see that this isn't easy for ALISON, either. Alison talks about family, and fate. She also reminds Haleigh of the times they had been unable to change Alison's visions. Deep down, Haleigh knows that Alison is only doing what she MUST, based on the information she has, because Haleigh is slipping away.

Alison: You ALSO said something to me about Delilah, and her right to make her choices. You have that same right...and the SHIFTS in your time threads have SHOWN me what choice you WILL make. I am not your enemy, I am not the one who is throwing away years of effort, sacrifice and BONDS. YOU will be. And now...I am doing what YOU EXPECT me to do, I am PROTECTING OUR FAMILY. With this massive shift in time threads not just for you, but ALL of us...the DANGER...the DEATH GLOW has FLASHED across every member of the Six in a way that hasn't been so strong since before Mystech fell!

"Alison I..... I CAN'T lead them to their deaths. Not for MY SAKE. Not so I can have my revenge."

Alison: The truce...was ENDED by you tonight, Just as Malice WANTED, and now she's coming BACK for ALL of us with a vengeance!

"I know.... I know, that was bad strategy but I didn't have much time to think. It was either accept her offer, or reject it.... and I.... did NOT want to accept it."

Haleigh replied, and her use of the past tense was not lost on Alison.

FLASH!!

Alice said:
...she will cut down ANYONE to get to you. You know she can...and she WILL.

Get out of here. NOW. Run while you still can. Leave your friends...everyone you know, because Diana is about to unleash a new wave of TERROR upon the city, upon the WORLD!
"The truce was more a HINDERANCE to us than anything. It trapped us in neutral, and while WE honored it, I can guarantee the Sisterhood took ADVANTAGE of it. I can guarantee they've been building themselves up and getting stronger."

Alison: She just MURDERED you, and YOU'RE her genetic daughter!

"Yeah, I remember."

Alison: You were FORTUNATE, THIS time. Even YOU didn't know that she had a "COPY" of your body on hand, NOR did you know that you had inherited a small aspect of her PSI power which allowed you to PROJECT your consciousness INTO that body. But what about US? What will she do to the REST OF US? It doesn't matter that we have powers. She's come after us with strategies that ACCOUNTED for our powers! She WON'T stop until she's destroyed OUR family, Haleigh. What will she do to the scores of people "out there" that DON'T have any means to protect themselves? Innocents that she views as LESS than insects? I don't hate you. I wish I could SAVE you. But I CAN'T. NOR can I stand back while this happens.

"I don't hate you either.... but I'm starting to believe I can't BE saved."

Alison: I am GOING protect everyone in OUR family as best as I can, and you KNOW you'd do the SAME thing if you were in my position! This IS a family matter, and THEY are NOT READY for this. Cameron...AVA are going to NEED me. So I WILL be there when you tell them, Haleigh.

"Yes.... I think you SHOULD be."

Status
Not open for further replies.