1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Flowers In The Attic" - Cameron & Ava

Discussion in 'Secret Files and Origins' started by Prophet, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Prophet Psychosis The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Cameron King
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Telepathy, Psionic, Telekinetic, Empathy, Flash Premonition
    Missions:
    :: Greenough, Montana was one of the most beautiful places that Cameron had ever seen in his life. A few days ago, he was the one to alert Haleigh's family that she was in fact, dead. The only problem was for as deep as he knew Haleigh, he didn't really know anybody in her family. It was something she didn't talk about freely and when he was faced with the fact that his best friend was dead, he became obsessive in his need for closure, to speak with somebody who knew Haleigh as deeply as he had. He needed to see somebody who missed her like he did. The rest of The Six...in the aftermath of The Inferno, they seemed more concerned with Morgan and her current emotional state. They hated him. The only person he had to rally around him was Alexis and she seemed to be going through something incredibly dark. He felt alone and incredibly depressed, and this was what drove him to press Cassandra Allusi on the phone to reveal to him a contact of Haleigh's that wasn't Zachary Armani. He had seen the flirtation between the two of them, knew that they were somewhat of an item, and he hated it. He should have staked his claim when he had the chance. He had been so STUPID in wanting to impress his sister, wanting The Six to like him, that Haleigh had died and he hd never been able to say exactly how he felt about her, and neither had she. After talking with Cassandra, he rented an obnoxiously flashy car and began to drive towards Montana - towards a resort in Greenough that Haleigh's sister was supposedly relaxing at. Most worldly wasped vacationed in Spain or Italy, or if they were feeling incredibly luxurious, they spent their summers in Borneo, in huts over the ocean. Apparently, Ava was not that kind of woman. He knew that things had not been easy between them for quite some time, with Ava seeming to take the mantle of her father's business, one that had deep ties to MysTech in the past. It created friction. In fact, they didn't speak much, so as Cameron drove, the road underneath him covering miles and miles of open road, he began to get a bit nervous and frantic. ::

"What am I doing? Why am I doing this?"

:: Cameron was conflicted. His best friend was dead and he felt a compulsive need to take care of things for her. Regardless of their relationship right in this moment, he knew that Haleigh would want Ava to know if anything happened to her. Just as he would want to know if anything happened to Erika or Alison. Ava was Haleigh's family, and although many couldn't see Haleigh as a human being, he could. Morgan and Alison may have counted Haleigh out, but he wouldn't. Haleigh Davidoff was dead, and her family deserved to know that. Maybe they didn't need to know the true details, but they deserved to have an appropriate period of mourning. His rented Aston Martin was doing surprisingly well against the snowy terrain. In another hour or so he pulled into the driveway of an exclusive and luxurious resort. ::

:: The Westmore was at the crossroads of incomprable luxury and unspoiled wilderness. A luxury ranch resort situated on a sprawling 37,000 acre authentic working cattle ranch in western Montana, The Westmore provided an unfiltered connection with the natural beauty of Montana amidst a landscape of impeccable rustic elegance and comfort. It was one of the best "Last Places" on Earth. Offering adventure, spa treatments, camping, horses and every other luxury, Cameron could see as he closed the gap on the wildnerness and the welcome lodge why somebody might like to stay here. He gave the valet the keys to his car and it zoomed away, leaving him against a brilliant and beautiful lodge that seemed as if it existed at the center of nature itself. As he sat his bags down he checked into his room, a private bungalow on the far corner of the property, away from the tourists and those who might bother him, his room having a view that would make the most avid stargazer jealous. He was led to his room, and there he stayed for several hours. He took a shower, thinking of Haleigh, allowing himself a few moments to grieve. Here, away from the others he could openly miss her. He could remember her scent and feel bad about it. He could fall apart and nobody would judge him for it. It was freeing. The beauty of nature around him, it wasn't long before Cameron felt incredibly comforted in Montana. The Westmore was everything he needed and more. Returning to the lodge, he used his telepathic abilities to figure out just exactly where Ava Cassadine was staying and how long she intended to be there. Word was she at the stables teaching the employees exactly how to dazzle people with horses. ::

:: Relaxed, he made his way towards the stables, and once inside he made out the BEAUTIFUL form of Ava Cassadine, riding a horse, talking to the employees. She looked so different from Haleigh, yet there was a similarity that couldn't be denied. She had the same bravery, the same kind of moxy. Rather pensively, he approached the situation, calling out to Ava, trying to appear as sensitive and serious as possible. ::

"Ava Cassadine? I'm Cameron King.. a friend of your sister's...I need to talk to you immediately...please. It's about Haleigh."

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  2. Persephone Treacherous Bitch Hellfire Club Staff Member

Name:
    Ava Cassadine
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Weather Elemental, Animal Control/Communication, Enhanced Senses and Strength
    Missions:
    There were times when being the furthest away from civilization was when Ava felt the most alive. Away from the scrutiny of people, of her father, their business. She felt a freedom she had long since lost after leaving school and pursuing a career in her family business--a business built on the blood and bones of innocents. But it was all for her father....the love of her life. She grew up worshiping him and the stories he used to tell her about them being the descendants of Greek Gods. How they were strong and fearless....that they could conquer anything and anyone. Their blood was ancient and worthy of so much more than those who walked among them. The stories used to fill her heart with such pride, thinking she was something special. Thinking she was a God among men. But as she grew older, the fairytale began to diminish and she saw her father for what he really was--a greedy, power hungry man. A man hell bent on controlling others and making them live in fear. His company was directly affiliated with MysTech--a corporate powerhouse known for dealing with mutants and non-humans. He supplied them with the technology and weapons that afforded MysTech the ability to do horrible things to these mutants. Experiment, torture, kill so many innocent lives. He was in bed with the Hellfire Club who was directly linked to MysTech, and was run by two powerful men whom Ava had met only once and knew they were immoral and evil. Cassadine Enterprises was in the forefront of it all, backing MysTech and in turn making billions of dollars off them. They weren't Gods, but they acted them.

But despite everything, Stavros was still Ava's father. She loved him regardless of how dark his heart was. Regardless of what he had done to build his business to what it was. Through everything he ALWAYS treated her like his little princess, putting her needs first. Putting his love for her first. And THAT was why she would always remain loyal to him. But loyalty came at a cost, and sometimes dealing with MysTech was a heavy burden to carry. She needed time away...time to herself. And that was when she would vacation to Greenough, Montana. It was one of the most beautiful places she had ever been. So untouched by modern day society and technology. And The Westmore was a luxury estate that resided right in the middle of it all.

Ava had already been there for three days, enjoying the comforts and luxury that the lodge offered. But of course, her favorite place to be were the stables. Growing up, she loved horses; there was something about them that she felt a connection with--a bond. As a child her mother put her in every riding class imaginable--dressage, jumping, even western and barrel racing. It didn't matter the class, as long as it involved horses Ava was thrilled. Her love for them carried into adulthood, and it was one of the reasons why she loved going to The Westmore because they had beautiful stables and riding trails that went on for miles. That particular cold day, Ava was in the stables preparing to head out for a ride when she heard a scream coming from the riding ring. A woman had been tossed off a horse named Midnight, notorious for being stubborn and temperamental. Quickly running to the outside of the ring, the woman scurried away from the bucking horse unhurt but shaken up. Midnight was huffing and lifting it's front legs, neighing loudly and running across the ring. The handlers didn't quite know what to do as they ran into the ring trying to grab the horse and coax him to a stands till. Ava watched, her eyes following Midnight as he bucked away from one of the handlers, knocking the man down. The other handler quickly ran to his friends aid as Midnight ran around the ring, circling frantically. That was when Ava climbed onto the railings, hoisting herself over the top and jumping into the soft dirt.

Handler: "Miss Cassadine! No! Please, it's dangerous!"

Midnight was circling the outer half of the ring, charging straight for her. She stood, calmly, watching the black stallion gallop, his nose flare, his eyes wide. Everyone witnessing the event began to scream out as the horse charged closer and closer until suddenly he slid to a halt a mere foot from Ava. Unfazed, she kept her eyes locked on Midnight's, her hand out stretching to his bridle, grabbing a hold of it.

"Shhhh...."

Midnight huffed out a gently neigh, moving his head up and down almost as if saying 'yes' to Ava. She smiled, running her hand down the length of his nose.

"I know...it's okay."

The fear in Midnight's eyes disappeared as he stood calmly with Ava, nuzzling her hand. The witnesses were in awe, mouths opened with shock at what they just saw. Ava glanced over seeing the handlers slowly walking to her, unsure of what they just saw.

"He's okay...just a little scared."

Handler: "I've never seen anything like that in my life."

Ava smiled, her arm hooking under Midnight allowing her to pet his neck.

"A spooked horse? That's surprising."

She joked, handing the reigns off to the handler.

Handler: "How did you--"

Cameron: "Ava Cassadine?"

Hearing her name, she turned to see a man standing a few feet away on the other side of the ring. He didn't look familiar, but he looked far too polished and dressed up to work for the lodge.

Cameron: "I'm Cameron King.. a friend of your sister's...I need to talk to you immediately...please. It's about Haleigh."

Ava's heart immediately dropped and the blood disappeared from her face. Midnight began to fidget again causing Ava to look back over to him.

"It's okay....it's going to be okay."

She softly whispered, though at that point she wasn't talking to the horse. Ava made her way over to the gate, exiting the ring as Cameron met up with her. She knew this was bad....she could see it on his face. And she knew Haleigh would have never sent someone to her that she didn't know....that wasn't Zach or Cassandra. Ava didn't say a word to Cameron as they exited the barn, away from prying eyes. The cold bitter winter air hit her exposed skin as she slowed her pace before turning to Cameron.

"What happened."

3. Prophet Psychosis The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Cameron King
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Missions:
    :: To watch her next to the horse was incredible. It was clear her connection was deeper than merely a healthy passion for animals, and using his PSI powers he gleamed that she too was a mutant. As she stood there in the cold, Cameron began to feel a bit bad for her. He was looking at a woman who had no idea that her sister was dead. But he was trying to do the right thing. This wasn't something you should hear on the phone and while it may not be ideal information coming from a stranger, Cameron knew what often happened to the messenger of such news. He didn't want Ava to be angry at Zach or Cassandra. None of this had been their fault. ::

:: He pulled his jacket over him warmly as he looked her up and down, trying to figure out the right words to say in such a situation. ::

"You don't know me..but in the last year or so, I've grown incredibly close to your sister. I guess you could say she was my best friend."

:: Cameron winced as he realized that Ava had just put together that he was speaking of her sister in the past tense. ::

"Ava..your sister is dead."

:: crossing his arms he exhaled loudly. ::

"She died in the field..and while I can't offer much in the way of details, I can offer my sincerest condolences."

[looking away]

"I was there..I saw it happen."

[shaking his head]

"I just thought..I know that you two haven't been very close lately..or at least that was what I gathered. Haleigh doesn't talk much about family, I just thought that since I couldn't...I don't know..save her, the least I could do was have the balls to deliver the message to her sister in person."

:: He reached for her hand and looked into her eyes. ::

"I'm here for you if you need anything...even if it's just somebody to yell at."

:: Cameron surveyed the area around him, looking up and down the expansive property. ::

"Is there any place we could get a drink? I feel like this is a situation that calls for alcohol."

4. Persephone Treacherous Bitch Hellfire Club Staff Member

Name:
    Ava Cassadine
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Missions:
    Cameron: "You don't know me..but in the last year or so, I've grown incredibly close to your sister. I guess you could say she was my best friend."

"Was."

Ava repeated, seeing Cameron wince at the realization that he referred to Haleigh in the past tense. He didn't need to say the words....Ava already knew. The pain was already filling every fiber of her being.

Cameron: "Ava..your sister is dead."

But he said them anyway. Inhaling a sharp breath, she stepped forward toward the tree line, her back to Cameron. She felt the tears welling in her eyes as she tightly folded her arms across her chest. There was a brief moment of silence between the two of them as she tried to gather her thoughts.....Her sister was dead.

"How?"

It was the only thing she could say manage to say without her voice wavering in grief. Tears fell down her cheeks as she stared at the woods, not wanting to look at this man she didn't know when her heart was literally breaking in two. Despite the fact that she and Haleigh had drifted apart, she was still Ava's big sister. The person that she could go to any time for help. Someone she could call after months of not speaking with each other and still feel loved and supported. They had a bond like no other, despite Ava's father's efforts to break it. And when Haleigh left for New York to join her new 'super friends' and Ava left for Greece to join her father, their relationship strained.

Cameron: "She died in the field..and while I can't offer much in the way of details, I can offer my sincerest condolences. I was there..I saw it happen."

She nodded slowly. Clearing her throat, Ava wiped the tears from her cheeks.

"At least you were there with her when it happened."

A pang of guilt resonating in the tone of her voice. She wished she could have been there instead of with her father. Maybe she could of done something. And even if she couldn't have, maybe she could of at least comforted Haleigh in her last moments. Been with her...ANYTHING.

Cameron: "I just thought..I know that you two haven't been very close lately..or at least that was what I gathered. Haleigh doesn't talk much about family, I just thought that since I couldn't...I don't know..save her, the least I could do was have the balls to deliver the message to her sister in person."

Ava's face contorted with pain, her hand moving to cover her mouth as the first sound of grief managed to escape. She inhaled a shaky breath, trying to calm herself. If she didn't, she knew she would completely break down.

"I'm sorry. I just need a moment."

Ava craned her neck back, the winter wind dancing along her tear stained cheeks causing them to try almost as instantly as they fell. She took in a few slow breaths when she felt Cameron's hand grasp hers, causing her to finally turn and meet with his eyes.

Cameron: "I'm here for you if you need anything...even if it's just somebody to yell at."

She did want to yell. She wanted to scream at the top of her lungs at how unfair all this was. How she let time slip by because of business and power. How she let her sister slip away because of MysTech and money. She wanted to yell, but not at Cameron.

Cameron: "Is there any place we could get a drink? I feel like this is a situation that calls for alcohol."

Ava smiled despite herself, nodding as her fingers brushed another tear away that managed to fall.

"Alcohol sounds amazing right now. My private cabin is just past the barn."

Gesturing down the trail toward the large cabin overlooking the frozen lake.

"We can commiserate in peace."

She deadpanned morbidly as they both started to walk down the trail to the cabin.

5. Prophet Psychosis The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Cameron King
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Missions:
    She hadn't immediately tried to kill him, attack him or yell at him, which left him to question whether or not Ava and Haleigh were actually related for a moment. But as he saw tears fall from her face for a moment, wiping them away with a quiet strength, he began to see the resemblance. He missed Haleigh so much. He felt incredibly alone. The rest of The Six hated him. Even Alison. Everybody blamed him for what had happened. So angry were they that they couldn't see how much his heart had broken in losing her. Maybe that was telling. Maybe the decision he had made earlier to leave had been a good one. Most likely they wouldn't notice. But this wasn't about him right now. He had come to be a source of comfort from one of the only people that Cameron knew that Haleigh cared about, because he certainly wasn't about to go and console Zach.

Ava: "Alcohol sounds amazing right now. My private cabin is just past the barn."

Ava pointed to the trail towards the large cabin that looked over the frozen lake. Despite how cold and freezing the area was, even in it's frozen state, it was incredibly beautiful. Cameron nodded as he took a moment to let Ava lead the way.

Ava: "We can comiserate in peace."

"Peace. Now that's something I haven't had in a long time. Lead the way."

They made their way down the path, walking slowly and silently, the only interaction between them being the breath that they inhaled and exhaled, leaving a smoky cloud jetting out of their mouths. Cameron pulled his jacket over him, before realizing how selfish that was. He took his jacket off and decided to break the silence.

"It's freezing. Would you like my coat? I tend to run a little hot anyway."

Their eyes met for a moment. Ava Cassadine was an incredibly beautifful woman. Haleigh and Ava didn't look alike in the traditional sense, but their movements matched, the way they carried themselves were similar, and it made him feel a tinge of regret and jealousy. He could look at Ava and SEE Haleigh, their connection was undeniable. He couldn't look at either of his sisters and feel that reflected back. They were strangers, completely and totally. They never had time to learn anything from each other. Perhaps that would never change. Still, it was oddly comforting now to be next to Haleigh's next of kin. He felt like he was actually near her.

Cameron wanted to hold on to this moment for a minute. To hold on to her tight. He didn't want to have drinks and talk about all the ways he missed Haleigh and then leave feeling as empty as he felt when he arrived. He had made an impulsive decision to seek out Ava, to deliver the news, and part of that was selfish. He needed to know that while she was gone, that a part of her was still here, and as he looked at Ava..he saw it.

He looked towards the frozen lake as they got closer and closer towards Ava's cabin.

"How about a little detour...delay the awkward conversation about life and death?"

He extended his arm as Ava wrapped hers around it and the two strolled down to the shore of the lake which was frozen and calm, but none the less beautiful or powerful looking. Cameron stood there looking at the beautiful surroundings around him.

"I've never...seen a frozen lake before. Grew up in Los Angeles. Definitely didn't have the kind of upbringing that would allow me to go to a place like this..do you..you think we could walk on it?"

He smirked for a moment.

"I'm gonna try."

He looked at the shore and tapped the ground with his feet. It was firm and cold. Hesitating for a moment, he stepped onto the lake. And he remained. Cameron flashed a somewhat jovial smile as he looked at Ava, almost in disbelief that this was happening.

"Holy hell! I'm walking on water!"

[extending his hand]

"Ava...you gotta try this."

Cameron could see her hesitation. The way that she tried to remain kind faced because he had delivered the news about her sister in person, while also being angry at her death and him for not just getting on with it. But as an empath, he could sense that she was feeling the same way that he was feeling. She had only but a few moments to process the death of her sister, but she felt the same way...the sudden urge to feel alive. To find comfort in something. To not think for a while. Cameron would do whatever Ava wanted, but he decided upon viewing that lake, that he needed something more from this experience..from her. He found himself wanting to know more about Ava from her own perspective, and not the various and vague references Haleigh had made about her. Did they have the same fire. Were they both just as withholding, unable to say how they felt? Did she have her own triangle going on.

"Did her lips taste the same.."

He shook his head at the very thought! What was happening to him!?

"Come on, Ava...walk on water with me. Just for a moment. Then we can go and drink ourselves stupid."

6. Persephone Treacherous Bitch Hellfire Club Staff Member

Name:
    Ava Cassadine
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Missions:
    They made their way down the snowy trail towards her cabin quietly. She didn't want to talk or think about what had happened to Haleigh despite having so many questions. She knew the questions would only lead to painful answers, and she wasn't ready for those answers. At least not immediately. Wrapping her arms around herself, Ava shrugged her shoulders up as the cold permeated the layers of her jacket and sweater.

Cameron: "It's freezing. Would you like my coat? I tend to run a little hot anyway."

Looking over at Cameron, he had already taken his jacket off, handing it over to her. She gave him a faint smile....even that gesture of gratitude seemed to hurt.

"Thank you."

She softly said taking the coat and wrapping it around herself so it was draping against her shoulders. Her amethyst eyes lifted and immediately met with his, their gaze holding for a few moments. Ava could see the love he had for Haleigh, the need to want to be close to her again. It was then that she realized he didn't just come here as a courtesy to her....to tell her face to face that Haleigh was dead. He came here to be close to Haleigh in the only way that he could now: through HER.

Ava averted her gaze, looking over the massive frozen lake they were approaching. She didn't know whether to be angered by his selfishness, or to do the same exact god damn thing. This man was the last person to see Haleigh alive....he was Ava's last connection to her sister.

Cameron: "How about a little detour...delay the awkward conversation about life and death?"

Looking over at him, his eyes were focused on the lake. He seemed mesmerized by it.

"Hopefully indefinitely."

She added, not really WANTING to talk about life and death. Not WANTING to talk about her sister. Ava just wanted to forget that he even showed up with such news. She wanted the peace back she felt before he told her about Haleigh.

Cameron linked his arm with hers and Ava began to walk with him to the edge of the lake.

Cameron: "I've never...seen a frozen lake before. Grew up in Los Angeles."

"How tragic."

She added with a small smirk as she glanced over at him.

Cameron: "Definitely didn't have the kind of upbringing that would allow me to go to a place like this..do you..you think we could walk on it?"

Ava hesitated, looking back at the lake. It seemed solid enough, but then again she didn't want to have to dive into below freezing water to fish his ass out.

"Uh...I don't know.."

Cameron: "I'm going to try."

And he was off, walking onto the frozen water like a little kid on a cold winters day. Ava couldn't help but smile, moreso anticipating him either falling on his ass or through the ice.

Cameron: "Holy hell! I'm walking on water!"

Ava laughed, shaking her head.

"A modern day Jesus."

She quipped, the wind sweeping through her long chocolate locks and blowing a few strands across her face.

Cameron: "Ava, you gotta try this."

Ava opened her mouth in hesitation, a small scoff type laugh being heard as she smiled.

"Oh no, i'm quite happy on land."

He extended his hand out, not taking no for an answer. Tucking the wind blown strands behind her ear, Ava looked at Cameron--this well dressed man, standing on a frozen lake in the middle of winter--an she couldn't help but realize in that moment why Haleigh chose him as a friend. He was sweet...kind hearted enough to try and ease a bit of her pain away by distracting her.

Cameron: "Come on, Ava...walk on water with me. Just for a moment. Then we can go and drink ourselves stupid."

Shaking her head, Ava glanced away with a small smile. He definitely didn't take no for an answer. It reminded her so much of Haleigh.

"Fine..."

She relented, taking a slow small step onto the snowy ice. With her arms out to the side balancing her, she slowly made her way over to Cameron, only managing to slip once right as she met with him. His arms quickly wrapping around her waist and steadying her. Ava's eyes met with his, their bodies touching and faces close. Only the visible frosty air from their breaths between them.

"Thanks stud."

She placed her hands on his shoulders, steadying herself on the ice before he let go of her. Was it wrong that she didn't want him to let go of her? That the warmth of his body was comforting....that the look in his eyes felt so familiar...Ava finally let go of Cameron, her body now steadied on the slick ground.

"Well as fun as this has been, i'd prefer a hot toddy and a fire over cold water and bruises."

A light hearted joke to ease the growing tension that was so obviously building between them.

"Ready to head in?"

Black Widow: Oh snap, she called him stud. That's a wrap!
    Clara Oswald and Black Widow like this.
  7. Prophet Psychosis The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Cameron King
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Missions:
    Ava: "Thanks stud."

:: The hairs on the back of his neck stood on edge as butterflies filled his stomach. That had been Haleigh's moniker for him. Nobody else had ever called him that, except for Haleigh. But Ava just did. Immediately, he felt closer to her as they spun around in a circle on the ice very slowly. Soon a light snow fall had begun to fall as crystal flecks found their way into both Cameron and Ava's hair. ::

Ava: "Well as fun as this has been, i'd prefer a hot toddy and a fire over cold water and bruises. Ready to head in?"

:: Cameron smiled. ::

"Sometimes bruises can be fun to make."

:: He digressed as he helped Ava back onto solid ground and they continued to walk the path to the cabin in silence. Making their way towards the front door of the cabin, Ava swiped her key car. Inside was a beautiful and open penthouse suite who's interior was like some high fashion version of the great outdoors. It screamed money and power, and as Cameron surveyed the walls with Ava walking in front of him, giving him a tour of sorts, he began to see that it was also incredibly Ava. Ava led them to the living room, turning a dial as a giant fire began to roar in the fireplace in front of them. Ava walked over to the bar. ::

"I'm secretly relieved I don't have to chop any firewood. I mean..I'm pretty manly, but...that would suck."

:: Cameron laughed for a few seconds, relaxing himself a bit more. It felt good to be close to her. It was almost like being with Haleigh, but a completely different side to her. Interacting with them both, he could see that they were very similar, maybe not personality, but the way they held a glass, walked, carried their shoulders. It was so similar. He found himself a bit enchanted, and after what he was going through with this team at the moment, with Morgan vowing to completely take him down, it felt good to get lost in this winter wonderland, so he was letting himself do just that. ::

"This place..it's so beautiful. Peaceful.."

:: Ava gave Cameron a hot toddy in a warm mug as he cupped it in his hands. ::

"Haleigh would have loved this place."

:: Cameron eyed Ava to get a sense of the temperature in the room. ::

"I'm sorry I didn't notify you sooner. Or over the phone. I guess I just felt like it was too big to do over the phone. I know you didn't know me..but I just kind of thought, deep down Haleigh would want us to know each other."

:: pausing ::

"So far so good in my book. You make a damn good hot toddy."

:: he took a long sip and pursed his lips together. ::

"How are you feeling? What can I do for you?"

Black Widow and Persephone like this.
  8. Persephone Treacherous Bitch Hellfire Club Staff Member

Name:
    Ava Cassadine
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Missions:
    Ava held onto Cameron as they slowly navigated around in a circle, trying to gather their bearings on the ice. She smiled and it felt easy with him. Like she were with an old friend despite only meeting him fifteen minutes earlier. This must have been why Haleigh was so close with him--she understood fully.

Cameron: "Sometimes bruises can be fun to make."

Ava softly laughed.

"As long as there's a good story behind them I suppose."

She added with a smile as they both steadied each other and made their way back to solid ground. Ava looked up into the white sky, seeing the soft flakes of snow falling around them. She took a long breath in, the gravity of the situation hitting her once again. This wasn't just a walk or a playful get to know you. This was Haleigh's friend telling her that her sister was dead. She wouldn't get to spend another day in the snow with her. Another vacation in Switzerland snowboarding, or getting snowed in when she visited New York City in the winter. No more movies. No more horseback riding. No more shooting range. Nothing. It was gone. SHE was gone.

Ava began to walk toward the cabin silently, her amethyst eyes blank as she looked out onto the beautiful horizon, not once appreciating it's beauty like she normally would have. Finally, after what seemed like hours, they arrived at her cabin. It was funny how time passed so slowly when the world around you went numb. Opening her door, Ava stepped inside, taking her jacket off and hanging it up on the hook by the door. She politely showed Cameron around the main parts of the cabin--it was beautifully decorated if not personalized for her. She stayed there enough, the staff knew her taste well. Arriving in the main living room, it had a beautiful overlook of the snowy mountains and lake, as well as a large fireplace.

Cameron: "I'm secretly relieved I don't have to chop any firewood. I mean..I'm pretty manly, but...that would suck."

"No wood chopping in LA?"

Ava joked, turning the electric fireplace on. She walked over to massive kitchen that overlooked the living room and began to make them both some hot toddies.

Cameron: "This place..it's so beautiful. Peaceful.."

Ava took a moment herself, nodding at how absolutely serene it was.

"I know....I love it here."

She murmured as she walked over to Cameron, handing him the warm cup of alcohol before sitting down next to him.

Cameron: "Haleigh would have loved this place."

Ava's eyes immediately lowered as her stomach flipped at the mention of Haleigh in the past tense. Ava didn't answer, her eyes only lifting the flickering flames that roared in the fireplace. She almost hated Cameron for tarnishing this place for her by giving her the news of Haleigh....speaking about her in the past tense.....reenforcing that she was dead. Parting her dry lips with her tongue, Ava slowly took a sip of her hot toddy desperately needing the effects of alcohol.

Cameron: "I'm sorry I didn't notify you sooner. Or over the phone. I guess I just felt like it was too big to do over the phone. I know you didn't know me..but I just kind of thought, deep down Haleigh would want us to know each other."

Ava gently nodded, knowing this must have been extremely hard for Cameron as well. Having to tell someone you don't know that their sister was dead over the phone would have been hard enough, but he had the balls to come and tell her in person. He may not have known it, but Ava appreciated that more than she could ever express to him. She finally looked over at him, the reflection of the fire illuminating the glassy tears that were in her eyes.

"No...i'm...i'm glad you came. I just--it's still hard to process it....her being gone."

They both fell silent for a moment, the only noise in the room was the soft crackling of snow hitting the window panes.

Cameron: "So far so good in my book. You make a damn good hot toddy."

Ava softly laughed despite herself, lifting her mug up for a cheers.

"Glad you approve."

They clinked their mugs together before both taking a long, well deserved, drink. Then Cameron turned toward her, looking at her sincerely. His eyes were kind...she could see he really cared and it wasn't just an act for her benefit.

Cameron: "How are you feeling? What can I do for you?"

Ava parted her lips to speak, but she hesitated. She wasn't used to being so open with people she didn't know. She was very private and reserved with strangers, but with Cameron it was different. She felt like she COULD open up to him. Be a friend to him. Biting her bottom lip, she softly scoffed.

"I have no idea."

She answered truthfully.

"I don't even know what i'm feeling right now. What I want...or need...or...[groaning] I'm just glad you're here. I think it would be a lot harder if I had to deal with this alone. My father isn't exactly Haleigh's biggest fan. He would be glad she was gone..."

Ava said bitterly while shaking her head. She loved her father, but she HATED how he hated Haleigh. She didn't understand why....why he could hate someone she loved so much. What brought on the contempt. It was something she always questioned him about but he always dismissed.

Ava placed her hand on Cameron's forearm, gently squeezing it.

"Thank you for being here....I can see why Haleigh was so close with you...."

She gently rubbed the pad of her thumb along his skin as her voice trailed off, her eyes locked with his. She was overwhelmed with pain, the alcohol barely dulling just a fraction of it. She just wanted to feel something....anything that was remotely good. She could feel herself leaning into Cameron, her line of sight lowering to his lips. But then she stopped, swallowing hard as she used that momentum to stand from the couch. She needed to breathe. She needed space before she did something she might regret.

"I think I need something a little stronger."

Walking over to the wet bar, Ava exhaled a heavy breath as she put her mug down and picked up a crystal tumbler and poured herself a double helping of cognac. Finishing it almost immediately, she refilled the glass while licking her lips. If she wasn't going to allow herself to feel good, she was going to feel numb.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  9. Prophet Psychosis The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Cameron King
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Missions:
    Ava: "I don't even know what I'm feeling right now. What I want...or need...or [groaning] I'm just glad you're here. I think it would be a lot harder if I had to deal with this alone. My father isn't exactly Haleigh's biggest fan. He would be glad she was gone."

:: Her words hit him like a ton of bricks. The Six hated Haleigh. They hated HIM. Her death was slowly tearing him apart from this inside out, and the people around him, while somber, seemed almost relieved. Cameron and Haleigh had been broken up and Morgan could heal from what she had done. She got to almost destroy the world and live, and Haleigh was dead because she tried to stop it. And Haleigh and Cameron were still the villains. They hadn't been good people to Alison or Morgan, but the same could be said of the other two. They looked out only for each other. Alison had tried to kill them BOTH their very first caper together. But they had survived because they had each other. When they were together, it didn't matter what Morgan and Alison said because they both knew that they were going to do whatever they saw fit, and they were going to back each other up no matter what. ::

:: All of that was gone, and he felt as if he had to mourn in secret, because if he expressed those emotions outloud, things would only get worse for him. Morgan would continue her rampage against him. Trying to ruin everything he had created. He didn't want to give her any more ammunition. He connected to Ava in this moment, knowing that she understood what it was to love a woman so many people just COULDN'T. ::

"That can't be true. He may never show it, but there's got to be a small part of him that would care, Ava."

:: Ava's hand touched his arm as his spine became tingly and the hairs on his arm stood upright. ::

Ava: "Thank you for being here...I can see why Haleigh was so close with you..."

:: Their eyes locked together for a moment. There was a connection between them. A chemistry. He wasn't sure where it was coming from or if it was necessarily RIGHT to be feeling, but there were two people grieving the loss of somebody they loved, somebody they knew in a different way than most. That revelation was somewhat intoxicating. Ava leaned in and he met her measure, the heat between their bodies pooling in between them, gently blowing across his collar bone. She looked at her lips, he looked at hers. Plump, beautiful. His mind was chaotic and he wanted to kiss her, badly. Wanted to taste what it was that Haleigh had kept secret from him for so long. But she pulled away, his ears ringing at their closeness. ::

Ava: "I think I need something a little stronger."

:: Ava made her way over to the bar and downed some cognac quickly as Cameron began to feel an increase in tension in the room. This was an awkward situation. But it didn't have to be. Cameron made his way over to the bar, as Ava faced the counter, Cameron came up behind her, reaching over her for a glass, his arm delicately grazing her shoulder as he grabbed it. He looked at Ava. ::

"It's okay, Ava. I feel it too."

:: He didn't indicate whether or not he meant the connection between them or the loss of Haleigh Davidoff. ::

How about we both get numb together? Forget the world for awhile. Talk about..the good stuff."

:: He poured himself a glass of cognac as well and downed it quickly, wiping his mouth with his arm before filling his glass again. ::

"You had a headstart."

:: Their eyes met once again for a few moments in silence that seemed to speak. ::

"Maybe we need a little bit of music in this place?"

Black Widow and Persephone like this.
  10. Persephone Treacherous Bitch Hellfire Club Staff Member

Name:
    Ava Cassadine
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Missions:
    After briefly explaining her father's distain for Haleigh, Cameron tried to be sweet and suggest that Stavros had some love for.

Cameron: "That can't be true. He may never show it, but there's got to be a small part of him that would care, Ava."

Ava scoffed softly with a shake of her head.

"You obviously don't know my father."

Stavros tolerated Haleigh on a good day, and mainly for the sake of their mother and Ava. But he hated Haleigh--thought she was a terrible influence on Ava. Said she wasn't her 'real' sister and that her blood was tainted. At a certain point Ava just stopped listening and caring because she loved Haleigh regardless of her father's disapproval.

Ava sighed, really not wanting to think about her father's hatred for Haleigh. She changed the subject to thanking Cameron before realizing that she was about to KISS him. She quickly navigated her way away from him and to the wet bar to pour herself a drink.

Ava already downed a double shot of cognac, barely feeling the effects of the alcohol. Her eyes shut as she held the empty glass in her hand....she wanted to kiss Cameron. To touch him. To have him make her feel something other than aching pain in her chest. But she also couldn't get Haleigh out of her head. She was dead...she would never see her again...hear her. She didn't even have time to process it--REACT to it. She was playing host...trying to keep it together...trying to save her emotions for when Cameron left. Everything was building up inside of her about to explode if she didn't do SOMETHING. Scream. Yell. Cry. Fuck. ANYTHING.

Cameron's arm brushed against her shoulders snapping Ava out of her overwhelmingly loud thoughts. She opened her eyes and looked over at him as he reached for a glass.

Cameron: "It's okay, Ava. I feel it too."

She doubted it. He probably didn't feel a fraction of what she was feeling at that very moment. It was taking every fiber of her being to hold herself together and not completely break apart in front of him.

He took a helping of cognac and downed it without so much as a wince.

Cameron: "You had a headstart."

Ava looked up into his eyes. Their stare holding for a few long moments. The room silent with tension.

Cameron: "Maybe we need a little bit of music in this place?"

The silence seemed deafening as Ava nodded.

"Sure."

Filling her glass with another helping of cognac, Ava took a long swig as she walked over to the media center and put on some music that was already pre programmed. She really didn't care what was playing, it was more just a baseline action at this point. But as she turned back around to face Cameron, she realized the cognac was finally starting to hit her. She was warm and everything seemed a little less sharp and precise around her. She felt more relaxed....like the thousand pounds of pain was slowly lifting off of her. Ava made her way back over to the couch and sat back down, finishing off her glass once again.

Nodding to the decanter.

"Might as well bring the whole damn thing over."

She quipped with a sardonic laugh.

Cameron came back over and sat down next to her, pouring her another glass.

"Thanks."

She gently swirled her glass around as she leaned her elbows on her knees, looking blankly at fireplace.

"How long will you be here for? At the lodge?"

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    Black Widow likes this.