Status
Not open for further replies.

Seer

The Watcher
Residence
every place
Missions
From strippers to emergencies

<< It was the end of an era for Zachary Armani and Haleigh Davidoff, and it came in a way that neither had ever imagined. He may have done the right thing, but it couldn't have happened at a worse time for Haleigh.>>

<< He has no idea what storm is forming around her and the six as he, Andrew and Ashley, all Birds of Prey, leave Bar Six of the Parthenon, passing a newly returned Spellbinder along with Shadow Weaver, Firebird, Ruby, Rampage and Harbinger, on their way to a stripper club of all places!>>

<< His journey with Haleigh as a couple may have come to an end, but his ties to her and the Six were as deep as ever, and while he may not know what is about to happen right now, he'll know it...he'll FEEL it soon enough. They ALL will>>

-------------------------------------
The Parthenon- Underground Facilities- War Room II

<< Prophet and Persephone were the first to arrive, barely holding it together. As the distress call went out across various channels of communication to the members of the Six and their reserve members, MorningStar next to arrive.>>

<< MorningStar asked what was going, and if something had happened, a question heard by Shadow Weaver as she, Firebird, Arsenal, and Ruby were the next to arrive. Karen knows what part of this is about, but she's not aware of what Cameron and Ava endured at Zenith. The doctor looks at Ava, and IMMEDIATELY notices that the goddess is not wearing the charmed RING that Karen conjured for her! She also observes the woman's countenance and body language. She moves from beside Firebird, leaving Blaze and Ruby together. She moves to MICHAEL'S right. She can't HELP but remember what happened on Aerie, when Ava had a psychotic break. She couldn't HELP but remember what SHE did to save Michael. Her moving to Michael's otherside, placing herself in the path of anyone else's approach to him in that War Room, was a REFLEXIVE response to that.>>

<< Blaze look calmly upon everyone that was present when she arrived, and seated herself alongside Cass. >>

<< A few moments later, Nicolas arrives and takes his seat.>>

<< Harbinger BLINKS into the War Room II, with her TIME STAFF in hand no less! She does not take a seat. Instead she keeps watch over the assembled group, particularly Cameron, Ava, Karen, Morgan and Blaze. >>

<< After that, the sound of high heels clicking on the floor can be heard as Spellbinder is approaching. After settling the cats back in Blaze's apartment, she made her way down to join the others. The last time she'd been here was in the "dream time" event. Aside from that, she'd never officially BEEN in the "war room II" before. it was similar to the original one in Illustra that seperated the business and general floors from the private and secure residential floors.>>

<< Just as she passed through the door way, HALEIGH had arrived, but held back, watching as Spellbinder was the last to enter.>>

<< Inside, Spellbinder and Harbinger exchange one last concerned glance with one another, as the sorceress takes a seat beside Blaze. >>

Black Widow

Twisted Metal
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Haleigh Davidoff
Residence
Hellfire New York
Missions
Ability
Earth Elemental; Technokinesis; Strength, Resilience, and Immunity due to the TO virus
The Parthenon -- Haleigh's suite

Haleigh was cleaning her sidearms when she got a War Room alert. She checked the surveillance out of habit, to find Ava and Cameron there. Curious, she switched on the audio feed as well.

Cameron: I'm here.

Ava did not reply. Haleigh finished scrubbing the slides and started to wipe all the parts down so she could lubricate them as Delilah joined the War Room party. There was a short pause and then:

Delilah: What’s going on, guys? Has something happened?

Haleigh stopped what she was doing, focused on the video and then searched the other cameras for the rest of her family. Were any of them missing? Blaze, accounted for. Cass, accounted for. Nicolas, accounted for. Karen was with them, and Mike joined. Alison was trailing. Morgan was leaving Blaze's apartment. They all appeared to have the same destination in mind. They were not ascending to their suites, they were headed down to meet the War Room council thus far convened.

Out of time, apparently.

She thought, as she quickened her pace on her pistols so she could reassemble them and face the firing line. She followed them through the camera angles as she manipulated the firearms with her mind. Barrels shined, slides oiled. Put the recoil springs under tension, mate the slide assemblies to the frames. Lock the slides back. Insert the takedown pins. Release the slides. Trigger functional checks. Recycle the slides. Safeties on, Magazines loaded. She reached up and took physical hold of the guns. She was still dressed casual, so she tucked the guns into inside-waistband holsters. She pulled on a jacket and snuffed out her Cuban.

There was a state of chaos when she arrived. Both Cameron and Ava were worked up to a level rarely seen. He was distraught, she was angry. They both looked like they'd been crying and they were trying to articulate some very grave problem, when they looked up to see who ELSE was coming in the door and stopped cold, shocked into silence.

"I can explain?"

She started uneasily, as Ava closed the distance between them and pulled her into a hug and squeezed like hell. Haleigh embraced her sister, closed her eyes, and just took a deep breath for a moment.

Ava: You're ALIVE!

"I'm alive."

She replied quietly.

Ava: Malice sent Cam a corpse that looked like a carbon copy of you.

Over her sister's shoulder, Haleigh's gaze settled on Cameron, and she wished she could speak with him mentally again, like the old days.

"Of COURSE you'd be her first target. It was as much a message for ME as it was for you."

That was the final straw for Haleigh, the pain in Cameron's eyes, the anguish she'd seen on her sister's face, the desperate relief of this embrace from Ava. The suffering of the people she loved because of HER. That was the thing that could not be allowed, the condition which could motivate Haleigh to do anything in the world.

"Alright. Everybody take a seat. I've got a lot to say."

Last edited:

Harbinger

Seer
The Six
Real Name
Alison Marble
Residence
Minerva&#039;s Mansion in Greece
Missions
Ability
Precognition, Magick, Telekinesis
The War Room II

There was a state of chaos when she arrived. Both Cameron and Ava were worked up to a level rarely seen. He was distraught, she was angry. They both looked like they'd been crying and they were trying to articulate some very grave problem, when they looked up to see who ELSE was coming in the door and stopped cold, shocked into silence.
:: Alison and Morgan kept their eyes on one another for a moment, but soon Alison began to scan time threads. Haleigh would be true to her word, the only person in this room beside Alison who had any idea of what would be coming was Karen, and she was eyeing Persephone right now, having noticed that the goddess had removed the ring she conjured for her during one of their sessions. That RING was charmed by Karen's magick, designed to be therapeutic and help regulate Persephone's emotions and mental processes during times of distress. Alison knew what had caused her to remove it, the same thing that had sent Cameron across the astral plane until Alison caught him in her arms and steaded him enough to get to the point that he is now.::

:: The time threads she were scanning were of the people that would be MOST effected by the sequence of events that were about to occurr. Alison would be ready to intervene with Ava... and to help HER pick up the pieces just as she had done for Alison in the aftermath of the Blue Moon.::

:: She would be there to help Cameron when he might be able to help himself. They may not have always understood or approved of Harbinger's methods, but there was a reason why she was uniquely qualified to deal with events like this, and time and again, they were reminded of that.::

:: everyone turned to the doors as they opened to reveal Haleigh! Morgan, Alison and Karen knew that she'd been alive and well this whole time. But Her new look had been a surprise for Morgan, as it now was for Karen. Only ALISON knew the total truth behind this new appearence. For everyone else....this was just the prelude to the main event.::

"I can explain?"

She started uneasily, as Ava closed the distance between them and pulled her into a hug and squeezed like hell. Haleigh embraced her sister, closed her eyes, and just took a deep breath for a moment.

Ava: You're ALIVE!

"I'm alive."

She replied quietly.

Over her sister's shoulder, Haleigh's gaze settled on Cameron, and she wished she could speak with him mentally again, like the old days.

"Of COURSE you'd be her first target. It was as much a message for ME as it was for you."
:: Alison watched. She felt badly for Ava and Cameron. Diana's savage attack against Haleigh was only matched by the brutal psychological warfare she waged on Cameron. The others...they never quite understood just how terrifying and ruthless Diana was. They always thought that they could simply stop her. It was never going to b e that simple. DIANA was the premier ADVERSARY of the Six, and she was RESPONSIBLE for most of them being pulled into their destiny at the same time! Haleigh had said it herself:

::FLASH!::

Haleigh said:
You're the cause of EVERYTHING, MALICE!
::Those who had never been directly touched by Malice, had never lost a loved one or their entire family to her, had never undergone some radical physical transformation or even DIED because of her simply wouldn't understand. Malice was a FORCE OF NATURE, and no single power, no amount of ANGER was going to be enough to stop her. ::

:: Ava had been completely bowled over by Malice's grisly gift to Cameron, and now she was teetering on the edge. The fact that Haleigh now appeared before them ALIVE, and with a rather STRIKING new look, one that made her look more similar to to the BLONDES in the Victoria/Victory family no less, would "calm" them in this moment...but it would not be enough once Haleigh delievered her ultimate truth to them all.::

:: Alison was not seated, and standing back, with her time staff in hand. She was positioned in such a way that she had view of everyone but was not a focal point for THEM. And she was mid way between the group and Black Widow. She looked cold and grim now::

:: Karen looked at Haleigh, following the hybrid with her eyes as she took her place. She then looked Alison. The two of them seemed to communicate on a silent level, and Alison nods affirmative. Karen stands up.::

Shadow Weaver said:
<< Karen realizes that something SIGNIFICANT has happened since she last saw Haleigh.>>

Nicolas, Morgan....<< the doctor gestures for the sorceress and the demigod to sit on either side of Michael as she squeezes his hand and then pulls away, and makes her way to Alison to stand by her side.>>

Karen to Morgan and Blaze via their telempathic bond: Stand fast, my daughters. Be silent and LISTEN. Be AWARE and READY.

Valkyrie

War
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Ashley Oldenburg
Missions
Ability
Ability to instill self-doubt, turmoil and intimidation
New York Dolls

Ashley threw back a shot of whiskey, scanning the room.

Zach said:
"What lovely staff you have. Makes a man wonder who could be a Valkyrie's favorite."
“Well,”

She slid closer to Zach, throwing an arm around him as she used it to point.

“That one is Destiny – real name Jessica. She’s working her way through Columbia. That’s Cindy with an ‘S’. She’s going to work until her looks give out and then retire to Bermuda. [pointing] Ashton, Crystal, Amber and…Persephone.”

She leaned back against the back of the seat, removing her arm from around Zach.

“Amber has angel wings tattooed down her back. It’s something to see.”

Andrew: “Don’t you feel weird being here…as a woman?”

She scoffed, taking a drink of her beer.

“Why would I? These girls get paid a shit ton of money. If I needed money I wouldn't hesitate. It’s just the human body. No one thought twice about it until a bunch of guys in the West decided to turn it into something to be ashamed of. Where I’m from? You’d be more ashamed if you HADN’T been dancing naked under the full moon.“

She shrugged, and poured out three more glasses of whiskey.

Titan

Mealltach
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Andrew Murphy
Missions
Ability
Hyperkinesis
New York Dolls

Zach said:
"Better believe it, bro. And by the way, if it's your first time here, I'm buying you a lap dance."
“Promise?”

Andrew wasn’t sure he could AFFORD to buy anything in a place like this. He slid into the seat next to Ashley, taking in the surroundings. Most everything in the place was metallic, reflective or a sea blue color. It was calming in a strange sort of way.

Ashley draped herself over Zach as she pointed out her favorite dancers.

Ashley said:
“Amber has angel wings tattooed down her back. It’s something to see.”
“Really?”

That sounded intriguing, to say the least. She must spend an awful lot of time in this place, to know not only the names but the real names of the girls here. A thought occurred to him.

“Don’t you feel weird being here…as a woman?”

Ashley said:
“You’d be more ashamed if you HADN’T been dancing naked under the full moon.“
He tried to stop picturing that in his head. Unsuccessfully. He needed to up his game.

“Well I apologize to both of you in advance – you’re going to get no attention tonight once these girls catch sight of my good looks and charm.”

He grinned broadly.

“I’ve been told I’m irresistible, you know.”

MorningStar

The Light in the Darkness
The Six
Real Name
Delilah Trelaven
Residence
The Parthenon, NYC
Missions
Ability
Transducing Light into Sound (and vice versa)
The Parthenon – War Room

People were filing in, but still no one was saying anything. Delilah looked around the room, feeling at a major loss. Finally Haleigh walked in, and Delilah gave her a shocked smile. She had chopped all her hair off and was back to blonde.

“What did you do to your hair?”

She didn’t mean it to sound like she didn’t like it, but it was a pretty drastic difference. Ava jumped up and hugged Haleigh as if she hadn’t seen her in years. What the fuck was going on?

Ava said:
You're ALIVE!
Haleigh said:
"I'm alive."
Delilah held up a hand.

“Whoa – wait. Was there a point where we thought she was dead?”

She looked around the room some more. Somebody needed to start explaining SOMETHING.

Ava said:
Malice sent Cam a corpse that looked like a carbon copy of you.
Delilah stood up quickly, felt her blood start to boil. Her jaw clenched. Her hand crumpled into a fist. Delilah’s eyes darted to Cameron.

“Are you okay?”

She turned towards the others.

“Are we just going to put up with this bullshit? AGAIN?”

Haleigh said:
Delilah took a deep breath in and sat back down. But she was never more certain that Malice needed to die.

Prophet

White King
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Cameron King
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Telepathy, Psionic, Telekinetic, Empathy, Flash Premonition
The Parthenon Hotel - War Room

:: One by one, they made their way to The War Room, as Cameron made every effort to avoid their eyes. He needed to reside in himself. If he caught their unknowing and concerned glances for too long, he wasn't sure he could remain strong. Prophet had often been considered to be the passion and fire of the team, but what some had forgotten, or not experienced was that when pushed to his limit, that passion was ignited with an anger that matched the destructive ability of people like Spellbinder. The seething unbridled hatred in his heart for Malice was becoming intoxicated by the equally strong emotions he was experiencing from Persephone. Because of his empathic power, she was unintentionally gaslighting him and he was trying to keep that together. If this went a certain way, he would be standing right next to Ava at The Hellfire Club and he would watch the light fade from Diana's eyes. The logical side of him, the side who deeply and intimately had experienced the true nature of Diana knew that it wasn't that simple, but he also knew it wouldn't stop him from trying. It was the one thing holding him back from being able to truly destroy her. ::

:: His sister appeared with the Time Staff, and it immediately put him on edge. She had told him that there was more to this than what he was seeing and he was beginning to get the sneaking suspicion that Haleigh's death was not the only loss to be suffered tonight. As Morgan appeared, everybody in the room was there. And he didn't feel like wasting any time. He rose to his feet. ::

Delilah: "What's going on, guys? Has something happened?"

"There...I don't know how--Something very bad happened tonight. Haleigh...she -"

Haleigh: "I can explain?"

:: Cameron's eyes widened in horror and disbelief. How was this possible? ::

Ava: "You're alive!"

Haleigh: "I'm alive."

Ava: "Malice sent Cam a corpse that looked like a carbon copy of you."

:: This woman...this woman claiming to be Haleigh looked at him. ::

"That wasn't a carbon copy of you...my mystical accents give me a unique relationship with those who have passed on. I wouldn't have fallen for a clone. Your spirit...it resided in that body, Haleigh. When I touched you, I SAW Malice murder you on Sheena Island. It was a psychic event that I FELT on the astral plane...as did Alison and I'm sure Nicolas. She murdered you...and yet here you are."

:: He was both relieved and angry. How had Diana been able to trick him. That WAS her body. That was where her spirit had resided. He had seen her death in flash premonition. Diana wouldn't have been able to mess with that aspect of his power and have him not know it. He knew her energy signature better than almost everybody in the room. ::

Haleigh: "Of COURSE you'd be her first target. It was as much a message for ME as it was for you. Alright. Everybody take a seat. I've got a lot to say."

Delilah: "Are you okay?"

[to Delilah] "No."

Delilah: "Are we just going to put up with this bullshit? AGAIN?"

"Of course...because she's Malice and gets away with everything."

:: Everybody was told to sit...so of course Cameron remained standing. He looked at his sister concerned. ::

"I don't feel like sitting...and I don't have enough patience left in me for some kind of morbid presentation.."

[more softly]

"I just saw your dead body hand delivered to me in my office, Haleigh. Cradled your sister...in front of your...body. Everything that's just happened tells me that there is more than one person in this room who had MORE than enough time to fill us in on what exactly is going on behind our backs...so no pretty words...[worried]....no soft blows. You tell us what's going on...[a little colder] and you do it quickly..."

:: He stared at her up and down, wanting to wrap her in his arms, smell her..now shorter hair, and kiss her, and never let her go. But he was also not happy with her. Whatever led to the altercation with Malice that ended her life, had apparently been bubbling under the surface for quite some time..and Cameron wanted to know who was at the bottom of it...who knew and didn't say anything...and who exactly to punish and HOW. ::

Ruby

Red Princess
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Cassandra Johnson
Residence
Los Angeles
Missions
Ability
Psionic, Psychokinesis, Levitation, Hypnosis
The Parthenon – War Room II

:: Karen, Blaze, and Nicolas were heading purposefully towards the elevators. Cass, holding on to the white kitten’s carrier, was lagging a bit scowling. Nicolas tried his best, and though Cass had calmed at his words and tone, they weren’t enough to keep her that way. Cass was still annoyed that they were even leaving. If That Woman [Kelly] was on the loose, then they ALL should be in one safe place. KAREN, especially. SHE, of all people since Kelly had seemed to be fixated on her, should really be under the watchful eye of the ENTIRE team. In fact, the entire Victoria family had been acting ridiculous…and all because some wittle mean words hurt their feelings. ::

*murmurs*: ”Ridiculous…”

:: Sighing, she followed them into the elevator. She actually understood where they were coming from, she did. After all, Cameron WAS harsh in his words to Morgan and he SHOULDN’T have threatened SHADOW WEAVER of all people! But still. They were a family, and no matter how many words were spoken, family stays together. ::

What we need is an empty room, hours to spare, and just hash the hell out of EVERYTHING.

:: Cass was even more anxious because she had the sense that it could quite possibly come down to her choosing a side, and THAT is something that she WASN’T willing to do. Sure, she was leaving WITH them, but really it was mostly so she could try and smooth things over between them and Cameron. She caught Nicolas winking at her. ::

I don’t want to be forced to choose a side in this, Nicolas…

:: Nicolas chuckled and gave Cass’ arm a squeeze before stepping out of the elevator and helping the women out. They were now in the lobby. Cass sighed and shifted the carrier in her arms. The group headed for the doors when they heard Morgan. So they stopped and waited for her. Of COURSE they had to make some time to bash Cameron. Cass was already irritated and she knew that they had a right to their feelings but Cameron was part of HER family whether they liked it or not and she did not need to stand there and listen to them bicker about him. She opened her mouth to say as much when BLAZE sort of beat her to it! ::

Blaze: “Let's not stand here out in the open talking about that. Let's just get to the brownstone and get settled. We're all on edge for different reasons. Once we get out of here, we can exhale.”

:: Morgan and Karen agreed and they all continued on when they heard a voice behind them. ::

Alison: “WAIT!”

:: They turned and saw ALISON behind them! ::

Alison: “All of you…please wait.”

:: Morgan and Ali proceeded to have a touching reunion. But Cass knew that Alison wasn’t here for a reunion [though she fervently hoped that it was]. No, Alison usually showed up when there was to be TROUBLE. Alison makes a fuss of the cats. ::

Alison: “Hello, Cass, Nicolas. Nice to see you both.”

“Nice to see you too, Ali.”

:: After a while, Karen excused them to leave. Blaze started getting all huffed up again and Cass rolled her eyes. ::

STOP IT! I’m SO over this bickering!

:: A deep frown appeared on her face. It would appear to ANYBODY that Cass did NOT appreciate them talking about Cameron in a disparaging manner. But she DID hear the sharpness of Karen’s tone. ::

*weakly*: ”Please…”

Alison: “But in the meantime, I can’t let you walk out those doors.”

Hallelujah!!

:: Alison began explaining about how she knew about Morgan and Cameron and that she was aware of what happened with Frost and Talisman. Alison asked that they ALL remain in the Parthenon for tonight. Karen protested and Alison said that she would never do anything that would prevent Karen from taking care of her daughters and leaving if she didn’t have a REASON. Cass looked up. It sounded like Alison was speaking as a PRECOG now and NOT the Alison that was, well, Alison. Something WAS wrong! Karen backed down, in a way, and told Alison that they would delay their departure. It was settled. They wouldn’t leave tonight. Nicolas held the elevators open for them and Cass got back in, still holding the kitten. ::

<<DING!>>

:: The elevator doors opened and Cass stepped out, carrying the white kitten back down the hall to Blaze’s penthouse. She set the kitten down inside and left, walking swiftly to her own penthouse. She barely got the door unlocked when she heard Cameron. ::

Cameron: "TO THE WAR ROOM OF THE PARTHENON NOW! NO EXCEPTIONS AND NO DELAYS! EMERGENCY! EMERGENCY!"

:: No time to dawdle. Cass dumped her duffel in her penthouse before closing the door shut. She fell into line beside Blaze as they hurried for the War Room. ::

“I wonder if THIS [Cameron’s distress call] was what Alison was talking about?”

:: Because their access keys could bypass all the floors in between theirs and the War Room, they made it to the basement in record time. Cass was just seconds behind Blaze entering the War Room when she heard Delilah. ::

Delilah: “What’s going on, guys? Has something happened?”

:: Cass blinked as she stepped inside. Her ice-blue eyes immediately went to Cameron and Ava. Cameron looked AWFUL. And Ava…well, Ava looked absolutely scary. She stood stock-still and she didn’t say a word but her VIBE that she was giving off…Cass didn’t want to be the one to endure her wrath. ::

This is too scary…

:: Seating herself beside Blaze, she watched as the others filed in until, last but CERTAINLY not least, Morgan entered, taking her place on the other side of Blaze. ::

Haleigh: “I can explain…”

:: Cass turned at the sound of her friend’s voice and was shocked by her new haircut. Actually, it looked REALLY good on her. She was stunned by Cameron and Ava’s reaction, though it was explained by Ava. ::

Ava: “You’re ALIVE!”

Haleigh: “I’m alive.”

Ava: “Malice sent Cam a corpse that looked like a carbon copy of you.”

:: And so it begins. The Malice shit. Cass had never dealt with Malice, but she had heard enough about her that she hoped to never meet her face to face. All hell almost broke loose at the mention of her name. ::

Haleigh: “Alright. Everybody take a seat. I’ve got a lot to say.”

:: So this was all a planning session on how to take down Malice? As the bitch made her family members think that one of their own was DEAD, this sounded pretty excellent to her. She faced Haleigh and waited for what she had to say. ::

Clara Oswald
Clara Oswald
Very good post!

Persephone

Treacherous Bitch
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Ava Cassadine
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Weather Elemental, Animal Control/Communication, Enhanced Senses and Strength
Everyone began to arrive in the war room one by one, but Ava didn't acknowledge them. She just waited silently, biding her time before she left for the Hellfire Club. She didn't care if anyone agreed or disagreed with her, the truce was OVER and Ava was out for blood.

Delilah: "What's going on, guys? Has something happened?"

"There...I don't know how--Something very bad happened tonight. Haleigh...she -"

Haleigh: "I can explain?"

Ava quickly turned hearing Haleigh's voice, her eyes widened in shock.

"You ALIVE!"

Ava quickly closed the distance between herself and her sister, grabbing her and hugging her tightly. Tears fell from her eyes as she shut them, savoring the moment.

Delilah: “Whoa – wait. Was there a point where we thought she was dead?”

She should have known this was a joke--a GAME. She almost wanted to kick herself for falling for it so stupidly. But Cameron could sense Haleigh's energy signature from that body....it WAS HER. How was that possible? Pulling away from Haleigh, she saw that this wasn't surprising to her sister. That she almost expected this to happen. Ava's brows furrowed with confusion.

"What's going on?"

Haleigh: "Alright. Everybody take a seat. I've got a lot to say."

Ava looked dumbfounded as Haleigh took a seat so casually....that everyone followed suit. She narrowed her eyes in disbelief as she stood along side Cameron.

Cameron: "I don't feel like sitting...and I don't have enough patience left in me for some kind of morbid presentation.."

"Yeah, me either...I thought you were DEAD, and you're acting like this is all apart of this grand--"

Ava stopped mid sentence, her eyes immediately shifting to Alison. The precog was standing away from the group, looking at Ava with such a cold and grim expression. Finding Haleigh dead wasn't what Alison was talking about earlier....there was something ELSE. Something that Alison feared would hit Ava WORSE than a cheap party trick from Malice.

Cameron: "I just saw your dead body hand delivered to me in my office, Haleigh. Cradled your sister...in front of your...body. Everything that's just happened tells me that there is more than one person in this room who had MORE than enough time to fill us in on what exactly is going on behind our backs...so no pretty words...[worried]....no soft blows. You tell us what's going on...[a little colder] and you do it quickly..."

Ava kept her eyes locked on Alison as Cameron spoke. Everything that's just happened tells me that there is moe than one person in this room who had MORE than enough time to fill us in on what exactly is going on behind out backs. Those words in particular caused Ava to almost recoil at the sight of Alison.

Looking back at Haleigh now, she was obviously trying to figure out how to say whatever it was she was trying to tell them. The levity of seeing Haleigh alive was now fleeting....and she was getting frustrated by the whole ordeal.

"Just SAY it Haleigh. What the HELL is going on?!"

Orion

Ambassador
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Zachary Armani
Missions
Ability
Empath
New York Dolls

Ashley wrapped her arm around Zach and introduced the nearest ladies. He enjoyed the fragrance of her conditioner as he put a name to a body. Up until she introduced 'Persephone'. He shook his head with a smile.

"No, that woman, while quite attractive, PALES in comparison to Persephone. I could introduce you, but I've no idea if you're her type."

Ashley: Amber has angel wings tattooed down her back, it's something to see.

"Ah, would Amber be your favorite, then?"

Andrew: Really? Don't you feel weird being here, as a woman?

Zach literally face-palmed before staring up at Andrew.

Dude, you are KILLING me...

Ashley explained it to Andrew in a very dry way. She mentioned dancing naked under the moon and he closed his eyes to cherish the thought.

"Yes, she's right, and also for us hopeless romantic guys, it helps to appreciate the dancers as artists."

He interjected with a wink at Andrew. Andrew apologized for his looks and charm, apparently having completely recovered his ego. Zach listened to him with much amusement.

Andrew: I've been told I'm irresistible, you know.

Zach feigned shock.

"No, I didn't realize. Merda, that is a revelation!"

He rose smoothly from his seat and approached the girl Ashley had mentioned twice. He held out his hand and led her over, clearing his throat with excitement.

"Amber, have you heard?! My friend here is irresistible. Yes, indeed. Irresistibile Veramente. And his lap is empty!"

He suggested, slipping a fifty into her hand. Zach leaned back next to Ashley as the cue was taken. They both admired the woman's back for a moment.

"On this we agree, she's something special. And for the Gods, she works those hips."

He said, as Ashley poured three glasses. He smirked back at her confidently. He might as well make his move. What was the worst that could happen? He thought she was sexy when she was mad.

"So, I've decided how the first round should go. I need your help, really. I have an oral fixation I'm sure you'd quite enjoy."

Last edited:
Clara Oswald
Clara Oswald
Zach is so...hot... :D

Black Widow

Twisted Metal
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Haleigh Davidoff
Residence
Hellfire New York
Missions
Ability
Earth Elemental; Technokinesis; Strength, Resilience, and Immunity due to the TO virus
The Parthenon -- War Room II

Haleigh released Ava, and made herself sit, giving Delilah a kind smile as the former detective showed concern for Cameron. Haleigh watched Alison position herself nearby. Karen stood as well, and joined Alison. Haleigh glanced at Karen. The doctor had been an immense help to the hybrid, and she was still here, apparently ready to offer her support. Clearly she knew what Haleigh was about to say. But Karen could also tell from Haleigh's stony expression that just because she was still alive somehow didn't mean Haleigh had good news to deliver. Everybody was trading uneasy eye contact everywhere. Haleigh sighed audibly. This was even WORSE than she'd thought it would be. She felt like she could hear her mother laughing and started massaging her temples.

Cameron: I don't feel like sitting...and I don't have enough patience left in me for some kind of morbid presentation..

Ava: Yeah, me either...I thought you were DEAD, and you're acting like this is all apart of this grand--

Her sister stopped short, and Cameron picked up the narrative and relived what sounded like the worst experience of his life. He sounded tortured at first, but by the end, his tone had a hard edge. Under the surface of his forced composure, Haleigh recognized anger and aggression. He looked homicidal, just like she'd felt on Sheena Island. For a long time, Haleigh just stared at him. She wanted to get up, take him, and how had he put it?

'Do it quickly'.....

It was not at ALL an appropriate thought to have here, but that was the effect he had on her, still, and she doubted she'd ever get to hold him again after what she was about to say. She was clearly at a loss for words. She had thought her way through this conversation already, but that didn't make it easier.

Ava: Just SAY it Haleigh. What the HELL is going on?!

"I'd better start at the beginning. Recently I have been experiencing some... minor malfunctions. Essentially, I've been having brief blackouts. Like always, it wasn't as simple as an ordinary blackout. These 'episodes' brought with them vivid memories. Each time I blacked out, I experienced a new memory, and these memories all tied together. Initially I assumed they were my own memories, perhaps ones I had compartmentalized and locked away from myself. But as time went on it became clear that could not be true. I sought out Karen's counsel in this matter, I've been speaking with her regularly in order to ensure that if anything serious occurred, SOMEONE would be aware of my situation. I didn't share it with anyone else because..... it's been a very personal matter for me. Unfortunately, it's become clear to me that as personal as this is, it affects all of you as well and it would be inappropriate to keep it from you, especially considering what I've just done."

She paused here, to take another breath, and run both her hands through her short hair. She had to keep going, though everything in her screamed that she shouldn't. If she stopped here, Alison would finish for her, and while that option was tempting, Haleigh knew this information SHOULD come from her.

"There is no easy way to say this, so I'll just put it plainly. I was not born, but engineered, at the original Arklay Mansion. I am the successful result of Mystech's 'Project Scion', a stem cell research project. I was created using a blend of DNA.... from Christopher Victory, and Diana. It so happens that Malice has been shaping the course of my life since birth because she has a vested interest in my existence. She is my... biological mother. This is why she saved me after Viper. This is also why she has made some not-so-subtle recruitment attempts. Naturally, after confirming this was indeed true and not simply some mental manipulation of hers, I confronted her directly. That went about as well as one might expect. I tried to kill her. She succeeded in killing me. [looking at Cameron] That's what you saw. She didn't murder me, I tried to obliterate HER, but I haven't used my power like that before, and she was able to defend herself. I am here now because as it turns out, when Malice saved me, she took everything she needed to 'recreate' me. This worked out in our favor, but of course, she got something out of it as well. Not just the ability to hold that over my head, she also gained the ability to create copies of me. The corporeal form of me you see now is a copy of the way I WAS at the time of the Viper adventure. [looking at Delilah] Hence, the hair. I'm assuming it was kept short to keep it from getting tangled in the growth tube? Anyway.... When she killed me, my 'soul', if we can even call it that, was forced out of my body. I should have died, but.... using what I assume is a latent ability derived from Diana's maternal contribution.... I was able to project myself psionically, and 'download' myself into a new body. From what I can tell there are over a dozen copies of my body in Diana's possession. I don't know what limitations exist, if any, but I presume upon death I will be able to return in a new body each time."

She paused again but seeing an eruption of attempts to speak from the others, she held up a hand to indicate she wasn't done yet.

"There's more, so hold your horses. Upon discovery of this apparent suspension of my mortality, I went back to speak with Diana again. I formally terminated the truce."

Delilah looked like she was about to pop open a bottle of champagne. Haleigh looked at Alison, whose expression was gravely disappointed. Haleigh wanted to stop, wanted to apologize to Alison for her inability to resist the outcome Alison had predicted, but it was too late now, her mind was made up and Alison KNEW it. Karen, next to her, actually looked like she was on board with the end of the truce, no doubt stemming from the propensity that Kelly would become collateral damage in this war. Haleigh looked the doctor in the eye, another apology in mind. Karen had tried to help her, and her assistance was greatly appreciated. It was something Karen would likely get taken to task for and Haleigh regretted involving the doctor now, knowing what she had to do next. She could hardly bear what she was about to say but she continued grimly.

"Before you all celebrate, let me finish. It was a RASH and ill-considered move. I didn't stop to think about the consequences, I didn't CARE that it was one of the two options Malice expected from me. She does know me quite well, after all, and why else would she let me walk out of there alive? She finds this option acceptable. She wanted someone on OUR side to break the truce. She was going to trigger one of us eventually. But that's not all she wants. She wants me on her court. I.... disobeyed her and so she threatened and psychologically tortured Cameron. I've been contemplating my situation and the truth is.... what I fear most is not being a villain. What I fear MOST.... is allowing any of you to suffer or die so that I can continue to call myself a hero. With that in mind, I hope you will all come to understand my betrayal. I know that if I join her, if I give her what she wants.... then she won't directly punish any of YOU to make me pay. I realize it means forsaking everyone I love, and negating all the sacrifices I've made, all the effort to earn a place in this family..... but..... right now that's the only outcome I can live with. You can let me walk out of here, or you can strike me down.... it makes no difference, I'm going to Hellfire."

She finally finished, but she didn't immediately move to leave. She knew there would be a lot said in response. If she was lucky they would cast her out, make her a pariah, as she had been in the beginning, as Malice had assured would happen. If that were the case it would be heartbreaking, but easier to leave. If they went the other way, and tried to convince her to change her mind, if they tried, like Karen had, to assure her she WAS a hero, and belonged with them, it would be heartbreaking, and it would take all her strength to depart. She hoped she was lucky.

Valkyrie

War
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Ashley Oldenburg
Missions
Ability
New York Dolls

She liked that Zach was man enough to appreciate the dancers without being overtly lewd OR shy about it.

Zach said:
"No, that woman, while quite attractive, PALES in comparison to Persephone. I could introduce you, but I've no idea if you're her type."
Ashley raised her eyebrows at his obvious attempt to impress her.

“We’ve met, actually.”

She crossed her left leg over her right, rolling her body against Zach and placing her left hand on his chest while she leaned in to whisper seductively into the arch of his neck.

“But if you could make that happen, I guarantee you will have a [moving her head so she is looking directly into his eyes] Very. Good. Time.”

Zach said:
"Ah, would Amber be your favorite, then?”
She turned her head to once again look out at the floor.

“When you’re ME, you don’t have to choose.”

Andrew asked her about being a woman in a strip club, and Zach amusingly thought that would make her suddenly ashamed to be there. She wasn’t Dominique Devereaux, for fuck’s sake.

Zach said:
"Yes, she's right, and also for us hopeless romantic guys, it helps to appreciate the dancers as artists."
Ashley scoffed, pushing herself away from Zach and sitting again in her own space.

“What a complete load of shit. Did Haleigh actually fall for that ‘romantic guy’ crap? You appreciate seeing naked women gyrating in front of you. If you wanted to see dancers as artists, you’d go to the ballet. Fuck, even Amber doesn’t think she’s an artist.”

Andrew said:
I've been told I'm irresistible, you know.
Zach said:
"No, I didn't realize. Merda, that is a revelation!"
Ashley crossed her arms and eyed Andrew skeptically.

“Who told you that, Sally Spectra? Sally would find Pinocchio irresistible.”

Zach bought Andrew a dance, clearly trying to get the guy out of the way. It would be a challenge, but not impossible, to make sure both of them ended up in her bed tonight. Andrew would be a little deer in headlights, but his face and body would make up for that.

She placed a hand on Zach’s thigh as she watched Amber move slowly next to them.

Zach said:
"So, I've decided how the first round should go. I need your help, really. I have an oral fixation I'm sure you'd quite enjoy."
She turned her head and looked him up and down, appraising him.

“As long as it’s your oral we’re talking about. I don’t think you could handle mine.”

She squeezed her hand.

“And don’t forget, mister romantic: *I* make all the decisions.”

Firebird

Fire Elemental
The Six
Real Name
Blaze Victory
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Fire elemental, Flight, Elemental embodiment
The War Room II

Delilah held up a hand.

“Whoa – wait. Was there a point where we thought she was dead?”
Things were getting past weird and into unsettling territory. WHAT was the emergency? The vibes from Cameron and Ava were downright chaotic and now Haleigh shows up with a shocking, but no less cool makeover!

"Whoa!"

"I'm alive."

She replied quietly.

Ava: Malice sent Cam a corpse that looked like a carbon copy of you.

That was the final straw for Haleigh, the pain in Cameron's eyes, the anguish she'd seen on her sister's face, the desperate relief of this embrace from Ava. The suffering of the people she loved because of HER. That was the thing that could not be allowed, the condition which could motivate Haleigh to do anything in the world.

All aboard....next stop...HELL

Blaze couldn't help but feel like this was somehow about to get very ugly.

:: Everybody was told to sit...so of course Cameron remained standing. He looked at his sister concerned. ::

"I don't feel like sitting...and I don't have enough patience left in me for some kind of morbid presentation.."

[more softly]

"I just saw your dead body hand delivered to me in my office, Haleigh. Cradled your sister...in front of your...body. Everything that's just happened tells me that there is more than one person in this room who had MORE than enough time to fill us in on what exactly is going on behind our backs...so no pretty words...[worried]....no soft blows. You tell us what's going on...[a little colder] and you do it quickly..."
What happened to HIM after he left her apartment? Something had knocked the wind out of his sails, and on a personal level, Blaze felt he DESERVED that, but before she could descend into her own personal dysfunction, she shook her head and closed her apple green eyes tightly for a moment, pushing away selfish thoughts, and keeping her eyes and ears OPEN. SOMETHING was wrong here, and they needed to learn what was going on.

"Just SAY it Haleigh. What the HELL is going on?!"
Alison was standing away from the group, and KAREN got up to go stand near Haleigh!

This has something to do with what I perceived from my mom during the Frost caper!

Blaze correctly discerned that much....

"I'd better start at the beginning. Recently I have been experiencing some... minor malfunctions. Essentially, I've been having brief blackouts. Like always, it wasn't as simple as an ordinary blackout. These 'episodes' brought with them vivid memories. Each time I blacked out, I experienced a new memory, and these memories all tied together. Initially I assumed they were my own memories, perhaps ones I had compartmentalized and locked away from myself. But as time went on it became clear that could not be true. I sought out Karen's counsel in this matter, I've been speaking with her regularly in order to ensure that if anything serious occurred, SOMEONE would be aware of my situation. I didn't share it with anyone else because..... it's been a very personal matter for me. Unfortunately, it's become clear to me that as personal as this is, it affects all of you as well and it would be inappropriate to keep it from you, especially considering what I've just done."

She paused here, to take another breath, and run both her hands through her short hair. She had to keep going, though everything in her screamed that she shouldn't. If she stopped here, Alison would finish for her, and while that option was tempting, Haleigh knew this information SHOULD come from her.

Blaze had scooted to the edge of her seat without realizing it. She was sitting upright and her eyes were a bit wider now as she leaned on Haleigh's every word.

"There is no easy way to say this, so I'll just put it plainly. I was not born, but engineered, at the original Arklay Mansion. I am the successful result of Mystech's 'Project Scion', a stem cell research project. I was created using a blend of DNA.... from Christopher Victory, and Diana. It so happens that Malice has been shaping the course of my life since birth because she has a vested interest in my existence. She is my... biological mother.

"Oh...my god!!!"

Blaze mouth opened with shock and disbeliefy as she and Morgan immediately joined and held hands rather tightly! MORGAN lookedlike she'd just seen a GHOST!

Haleigh explained everything from the Viper caper to what had apparently been the moment of her DEATH at Malice's hands! Haleigh had been KILLED by MALICE and most of them hadn't had a CLUE about it!

The corporeal form of me you see now is a copy of the way I WAS at the time of the Viper adventure. [looking at Delilah] Hence, the hair. I'm assuming it was kept short to keep it from getting tangled in the growth tube? Anyway.... When she killed me, my 'soul', if we can even call it that, was forced out of my body. I should have died, but.... using what I assume is a latent ability derived from Diana's maternal contribution.... I was able to project myself psionically, and 'download' myself into a new body. From what I can tell there are over a dozen copies of my body in Diana's possession. I don't know what limitations exist, if any, but I presume upon death I will be able to return in a new body each time."
The changes, the makeover, they were MORE than cosmetic, Haleigh had died, and then REVIVED, and revealed that she had a new quasi-telepathic aspect of power that she INHERITED from Diana, which was how she was able to do this!

"I'm fire, Morgan is wind, Frost was water...That means...you're....the 4th sister...you're the EARTH elemental."

Morgan, Blaze and Karen had discussed the possibility of a 4th sister being "somewhere out there." And while it was apparet that KAREN had recently discovered the truth, AND kept this hidden from Blaze and Morgan, the SISTERS themeslves were SHOCKED to realize that their 4th sister had been close at hand ALL THIS TIME!

"Mom....you knew...you looked at me when we talked about Frost...and you didn't say anything..."

"Okay...Haleigh is....Morgan and I...we've found our 4th sister! But Ava and Haleigh have a bond that can't just be erased! We're still a group...We'll take care of her. We'll HELP her. "

Blaze felt a bit light headed. Everything from the Frost caper until now? Cass could see Blaze almost "FORGETTING" to breathe in this moment of shocking revelation.

The TRUCE was dead now, but for many in the room, that by itself would've been a welcomed development. But for every seeming gift, there is a COST.

"Before you all celebrate, let me finish. It was a RASH and ill-considered move. I didn't stop to think about the consequences, I didn't CARE that it was one of the two options Malice expected from me. She does know me quite well, after all, and why else would she let me walk out of there alive? She finds this option acceptable. She wanted someone on OUR side to break the truce. She was going to trigger one of us eventually. But that's not all she wants. She wants me on her court. I.... disobeyed her and so she threatened and psychologically tortured Cameron. "
Diana was a master strategist and HUNTRESS. She was always in it for the long haul, and she knew who to target. Unlike other people in this group, Blaze understands that Diana was a force of nature, and like any other forces of nature, you have to RESPECT their power and what they can do so that YOU don't make a stupid descision. Too many people in this room thought they could just storm Diana's domain and kill her dead, as if it would be THAT easy? But that didn't mean they had to SIT BACK PASSIVELY either. They just had to think and fight back SMARTER.

They'd WORK together. They'd....

Haleigh said:
I've been contemplating my situation and the truth is.... what I fear most is not being a villain. What I fear MOST.... is allowing any of you to suffer or die so that I can continue to call myself a hero. With that in mind, I hope you will all come to understand my betrayal. I know that if I join her, if I give her what she wants.... then she won't directly punish any of YOU to make me pay. I realize it means forsaking everyone I love, and negating all the sacrifices I've made, all the effort to earn a place in this family..... but..... right now that's the only outcome I can live with. You can let me walk out of here, or you can strike me down.... it makes no difference, I'm going to Hellfire."
"NO!!!"

"NO, HALEIGH! YOU CAN'T GO TO MALICE! You belong HERE with US....with your FAMILY! We'll stand TOGETHER against her! "

Persephone

Treacherous Bitch
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Ava Cassadine
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Weather Elemental, Animal Control/Communication, Enhanced Senses and Strength
Haleigh: "There is no easy way to say this, so I'll just put it plainly. I was not born, but engineered, at the original Arklay Mansion. I am the successful result of Mystech's 'Project Scion', a stem cell research project. I was created using a blend of DNA.... from Christopher Victory, and Diana. It so happens that Malice has been shaping the course of my life since birth because she has a vested interest in my existence. She is my... biological mother.

Immediately it was like a freight train slammed into Ava's chest, causing the air to leave her lungs. She stared wide eyed in absolute shock as Haleigh continued with the explanation. Her eyes were glassy with tears. Diana was her mother. Christopher was her father. She's not my sister. She was the only person Ava had left in her family, and now she wasn't her family. Everything was moving in slow motion.

Blaze: "I'm fire, Morgan is wind, Frost was water...That means...you're....the 4th sister...you're the EARTH elemental."

That caused Ava to flick her gaze to Blaze. It was then and only then that it hit her that Haleigh wasn't HER sister anymore, but THEIR [Victory's] sister. Haleigh was a Victory. Haleigh was Morgan and Blaze's biological sister.

Blaze: "Okay...Haleigh is....Morgan and I...we've found our 4th sister!"

Ava finally turned away, her face contorting in pain as she shut her eyes; tears falling to her cheeks. She wanted to punch Blaze. She wanted to THROTTLE her for saying it so easily, like they should have known all along. That Haleigh was the perfect fit for THEIR family. Ava's head was spinning and her body was shaking; she clenched her fist tightly in an effort to make the tremors stop. As she stood there, she realized that everything made so much more sense. Her father Stavros HATED Haleigh....he always said she was a threat to their family--that she was never Ava's true sister. Ava just attributed it to Stavros' stubborn ways. He never believed anyone was good enough for her. And because Haleigh wasn't Greek, she wasn't her "true" sister.....But now it made sense. He KNEW....HE KNEW she was Christopher and Diana's daughter. He KNEW the ENTIRE time and said NOTHING. Their mother KNEW. ALISON KNEW. KAREN KNEW.

At that point, Ava didn't hear anything else Haleigh had to say except that she was leaving for the Hellfire Club. She was going to join her mother to protect the six. Blaze loudly protested and Ava scoffed. Shaking her head gently, she finally turned and looked directly at Haleigh. Her eyes were dark but filled with fire. Glassy still with tears. She glared at Haleigh, and it would seem like to the others that she was about to GO OFF on Haleigh.

"You knew."

But her eyes moved directly to Karen.

"You knew and you said NOTHING to me!"

At this point, Ava didn't hide the fact that she was shaking with anger and adrenaline.

"I CONFIDED in you....for MONTHS.....and you said NOTHING to me! You KNEW...YOU KNEW what I LOST! And STILL you said NOTHING when you KNEW this directly effected ME! I guess you VICTORY girls really do stick together, huh?"

She spit with such venom before turning to Alison.

"And you....[Ava shook her head in such disbelief.] How DARE you come to me earlier and tell me some cryptic BULLSHIT about you being there to "support" me tonight. After EVERYTHING--EVERYTHING I did for you! This is how you REPAY me?! Would it have really FUCKING HURT for you to have WARNED me so I could have found out in PRIVATE?! TALKED TO HER?! No, of course not. Because in "ALISON'S" world, everything must be done the way SHE sees fit."

Ava was DONE talking at this point. She was DONE with this group, with their "family", and with this revelation. As far as she was concerned, the trust was GONE the moment everyone kept their mouth shut about Haleigh's parentage. Walking towards the door, Alison tried to grab her arm and stop her to which Ava forcefully pulled it away.

"DON'T."

She growled through clenched teeth. She continued for the door but stopped short as she finally reached a now standing Haleigh. Looking at her, the pain and utter devastation radiated from her eyes. They were filled to the brim with tears.

"You've never lied to me."

She whispered between them.

"You've never hurt me."

Tears fell down her cheeks.

"You had every opportunity to tell me and you didn't. Instead here we are....in front of everyone...."

Ava's voice cracked.

"I expected more from you."

Moving past Haleigh, Ava left the war room and disappeared in a tornado of winds. What Haleigh had said about joining the Hellfire Club wasn't lost to her....but she couldn't deal with that right now. She needed to get away from these people and be alone--think--reflect....before she did something she would regret.

Last edited:
Prophet
Prophet
Ava :(

Prophet

White King
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Cameron King
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Telepathy, Psionic, Telekinetic, Empathy, Flash Premonition
The Parthenon Hotel - War Room

Numb.

:: As she spoke, Cameron found himself a very adverse reaction. He was pulling emotion out of his body. The last twenty four hours had left him emotionally unable to deal with what he was hearing, and he began to rely on self-preservation. Much in the way that Haleigh would "shut off" in times of high stress or emotion, the thing he hated the most about her, he was now doing himself. It was a painful moment of irony that now in this moment he finally understood something about Haleigh he never had before, she was in the middle of breaking his heart. ::

Numb.

Black Widow said:
"There is no easy way to say this, so I'll just put it plainly. I was not born, but engineered, at the original Arklay Mansion. I am the successful result of Mystech's 'Project Scion', a stem cell research project. I was created using a blend of DNA.... from Christopher Victory, and Diana."
:: Just in time. He felt nothing at this revelation except the peripheral concern that he needed to be there for Ava Cassadine. This was a revelation that could break her apart entirely. She had came into this world as an interloper, as Persephone but she had found an identity in Ava Cassadine. Haleigh was a large part of that identity. To hear that Haleigh was not created by natural means, that Stavros wasn't her father, that Haleigh wasn't her sister, it could destroy her. This was more important than his feelings for Haleigh. They would still be there no matter what she did to him, or anyone else. He would keep them away until he could process them. ::

:: Still, his mind wandered as Haleigh spoke. Cameron began to question things. Had Malice targetted him so roughly because he was a threat to her....daughter or was his relationship with Haleigh actually benefitting Diana in some kind of way. Had Diana been using Haleigh this whole time without her knowing it? Guiding the chess pieces to exactly where she needed them to be. He wouldn't put it past her. Diana was an Alpha Predator among mutants. A master of basic instinct. If there was a way, Malice would find it. ::

Black Widow said:
"This is why she saved me after Viper. This is also why she has made some not-so-subtle recruitment attempts. Naturally, after confirming this was indeed true and not simply some mental manipulation of hers, I confronted her directly."
"Could she ever really be sure?"

:: It was stupid of her to confront Malice without informing The Six. But it was predictable. ::

Black Widow said:
"I tried to kill her. She succeeded in killing me. [looking at Cameron] That's what you saw. She didn't murder me, I tried to obliterate HER, but I haven't used my power like that before, and she was able to defend herself. I am here now because as it turns out, when Malice saved me, she took everything she needed to 'recreate' me. This worked out in our favor, but of course, she got something out of it as well."
:: He looked over at Ava, instinctively moving closer to her. Cameron was ready for the volcano of anger and pain that was set to erupt and he knew that Karen had immediately noticed the absence of Ava's ring. If he had to stand guard for Ava against the rest of them, he would. Ava was allowed to do whatever and say whatever she wanted at this point, in his eyes. ::

Black Widow said:
"Before you all celebrate, let me finish. It was a RASH and ill-considered move. I didn't stop to think about the consequences, I didn't CARE that it was one of the two options Malice expected from me. She does know me quite well, after all, and why else would she let me walk out of there alive? She finds this option acceptable. She wanted someone on OUR side to break the truce. She was going to trigger one of us eventually. But that's not all she wants. She wants me on her court. I.... disobeyed her and so she threatened and psychologically tortured Cameron. I've been contemplating my situation and the truth is.... what I fear most is not being a villain. What I fear MOST.... is allowing any of you to suffer or die so that I can continue to call myself a hero. With that in mind, I hope you will all come to understand my betrayal. I know that if I join her, if I give her what she wants.... then she won't directly punish any of YOU to make me pay. I realize it means forsaking everyone I love, and negating all the sacrifices I've made, all the effort to earn a place in this family..... but..... right now that's the only outcome I can live with. You can let me walk out of here, or you can strike me down.... it makes no difference, I'm going to Hellfire."
Firebird said:
"Okay...Haleigh is....Morgan and I...we've found our 4th sister! But Ava and Haleigh have a bond that can't just be erased! We're still a group...We'll take care of her. We'll HELP her. "
"She meant well."

:: Cameron's muscles tensed at her words. The moment was close. Blaze was simply processing things outloud. She meant know harm in her words and her heart was in the right place. Still - she had just claimed ownership of Haleigh as her sister. Ava would not bode well with that. There were other things to deal with besides Haleigh's decision to leave. ::

Persephone said:
"You knew."

At this point, Ava didn't hide the fact that she was shaking with anger and adrenaline.

"I CONFIDED in you....for MONTHS.....and you said NOTHING to me! You KNEW...YOU KNEW what I LOST! And STILL you said NOTHING when you KNEW this directly effected ME! I guess you VICTORY girls really do stick together, huh?"

"And you....[Ava shook her head in such disbelief.] How DARE you come to me earlier and tell me some cryptic BULLSHIT about you being there to "support" me tonight. After EVERYTHING--EVERYTHING I did for you! This is how you REPAY me?! Would it have really FUCKING HURT for you to have WARNED me so I could have found out in PRIVATE?! TALKED TO HER?! No, of course not. Because in "ALISON'S" world, everything must be done the way SHE sees fit."

Ava was DONE talking at this point. She was DONE with this group, with their "family", and with this revelation. As far as she was concerned, the trust was GONE the moment everyone kept their mouth shut about Haleigh's parentage. Walking towards the door, Alison tried to grab her arm and stop her to which Ava forcefully pulled it away.

"DON'T."

She growled through clenched teeth. She continued for the door but stopped short as she finally reached a now standing Haleigh. Looking at her, the pain and utter devastation radiated from her eyes. They were filled to the brim with tears.
"Let her go, Alison. Just let her go..."

:: She was right with what she had said. Cameron objectively understood why Alison felt they needed to all hear this news at the same time, but he also felt that Ava deserved to learn this privately. She had never been a woman who was upfront with her business. She was a very private woman, and now there was something very painful revealed in a room full of people to her surprise. If she didn't leave this room and soon, she would torch it. ::

Persephone said:
"You've never lied to me."

She whispered between them.

"You've never hurt me."

Tears fell down her cheeks.

"You had every opportunity to tell me and you didn't. Instead here we are....in front of everyone...."

Ava's voice cracked.

"I expected more from you."

Moving past Haleigh, Ava left the war room and disappeared in a tornado of winds. What Haleigh had said about joining the Hellfire Club wasn't lost to her....but she couldn't deal with that right now. She needed to get away from these people and be alone--think--reflect....before she did something she would regret.
:: It had actually gone better than Cameron anticipated and by this time he was realizing that for him to be so calm and composed after what he just heard, it became visible to those around him, immediately realizing that he was operating from a different source entirely. Alison would recognize it as a trick that she might employ, and it was a harsh realization for her after she had just confessed to him how scared she was that he would become more LIKE her. ::

:: He wasn't ready to deal with their concerns. ::

"Just give her some room to breathe. We have eyes everywhere. If she does something stupid, we can be there in an instant. We still have official team matters to deal with."

:: Cameron looked at Haleigh. He spoke cerebrally. ::

"It seems like you've already made your decision...but it's short sighted. To think that Malice will stop her onslaught on us because of your new pledge of alleigance. You are running scared and right into her arms. What do you think life will be like for you there? Do you think you will just simply get to sit in the chair next to Malice and do nothing? You will be put to work. You will be used as a weapon against us, and you will be the most deadly of them all. Giving yourself to her comes with a price that I truly don't think you are considering right now. She will make you destroy us..and then she will destroy you. You already think that's what she's doing now..but Haleigh, trust me. You'd much rather have it be the way it is now then to truly walk in the dark like that."

:: He walked closer to her, still in his calm and even tone as he looked at her. Despite shutting off his emotions, the love he felt for her was still there. This was just as hard on her. She wouldn't have made this decision if she hadn't analyzed things from every detail, but there was one thing that Haleigh sucked at and that was emotions. She had decidedly adverse reactions to many things over time, and Cameron felt that she was doing this now. She was trying to separate herself from the pain of hurting Ava and feeling like she was filthy what her lineage was. She wanted to just lay down with the dogs and accept what she thought was fate. They needed to convince her, they needed to talk her down from this ledge. ::

"You're not a villain unless you choose to be one, Haleigh. And maybe you aren't a hero, either. But you ARE..a founding member of The Six. You are part of our origin, and you paid your membership dues in blood, sweat, tears and DEATH..like Morgan..Blaze...Alison...Alexis... and myself did that night in The Citadle..We committed to stopping them. We committed to protecting the innocent from them. We committed to no longer being VICTIMS. Don't let Diana make you the ultimate one."

:: Cameron watched her as he put his hand on her shoulder. He was keeping it together, but he wouldn't be able to operate like this for long. He could feel his raw emotions pushing back against his power. This needed to be resolved and quickly so that Cameron could deal with what he was feeling in private. He wanted to remain strong for the others...even if it was a lie. ::

Persephone
Persephone
You can really see the growth of Cameron in this post. Great job!
Carol Peletier
Carol Peletier
very good post :)

Orion

Ambassador
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Zachary Armani
Missions
Ability
Empath
New York Dolls

Ashley: We’ve met, actually.

"Oh really?"

He asked with curiosity, as she pressed her body against his and leaned in to whisper in his ear. That much body contact, and she must be getting an empathic feedback of passion. It certainly seemed that way, based on her actions and promises.

Ashley: But if you could make that happen, I guarantee you will have a [moving her head so she is looking directly into his eyes] Very. Good. Time.

As he made eye contact with her, he was struck by beautiful green eyes. He believed the eyes were the window to the soul. He took a moment to memorize them before replying.

"For a stunning bombshell such as yourself, I can make anything happen."

She broke eye contact, looking out in front of her somewhere, and he discreetly took a closer look at her. Then he remembered they were talking about AVA here and that was a complicated affair. Ashley was unappreciative of his comment about artists.

Ashley: What a complete load of shit. Did Haleigh actually fall for that ‘romantic guy’ crap?

"For a while, she did.... but not anymore."

He replied considerately. Ashley wanted to challenge him, and he could tell that sort of conflict excited her. It was almost as if she was feeding off his empathic aura.

Ashley: You appreciate seeing naked women gyrating in front of you. If you wanted to see dancers as artists, you’d go to the ballet.

"Oh, my apologies, but would you have me believe those two concepts are mutually exclusive? Dancing is an art form, regardless the discipline."

Ashley: Fuck, even Amber doesn’t think she’s an artist.

"Oh, Amber, Darling, I'm an Interpreter. That statement translates to 'I wish to be reminded of her talent, whenever she finishes with the irresistible gentleman there.' It'll be my treat."

He reached across Ashley to pay Amber again, and makes no effort to give the Valkyrie extra space. She must have liked it, because her hand fell to his quad. He thanked himself for all those squats in the gym.

Ashley: As long as it’s your oral we’re talking about. I don’t think you could handle mine.

He licked his lips and smiled, as she checked him out.

"Of COURSE. A gentleman would make a selfless offer. But on the subject of your reciprocation.... Mm, probably not, but after that kiss you laid on me in the Sanctuary? I do appreciate the offer."

Ashley: And don’t forget, mister romantic: *I* make all the decisions.

She said, and she gave his thigh a squeeze. Zach put his arm on the back of the banquette, taking care not to pin down her hair. Amber was rising from Andrew's lap and getting ready to switch over.

"If you say so. But just so we're clear, are you saying--"

He paused as Amber moved onto Ashley.

"Posso scopare con te ora?"

Spellbinder

Bitchcraft
The Six
Real Name
Morgan
Residence
Limbo
Missions
Ability
Stepping Discs; Flight ; Magick -Sorceress Supreme
The Parthenon- War Room II

<< If it weren't for Alison urging them to delay their departure, they'd be gone now, and truthfully, Morgan was not happy about being here now. Whatever the problem was...THEY could deal with it. Cameron pretty much implied they'd moved on without her, so why should it be of any concern to HER? Maybe she WAS better off being a SOLO act. >>

<< Morgan looked pensive as she worked through the bitter thoughts in her head. Haleigh and Alison both had advised her that she'd work through this fight with Cameron>>

Disasters don't wait....

<< There they were, in the war room, some being more vocal than others. The Victoria family was sticking close together, not offering much to the opening comments. AVA looked very disturbed, and When Alison arrived, she looked as grim as she had after the blue moon, AND she had her time staff. This was not a good sign. WHAT was wrong? WHAT was the emergency!? >>

<< Haleigh arrived, and Ava reacted as though she was seeing a ghost. But apparently for her and Cameron, it may as well have been! They thought Haleigh was DEAD!? Morgan had been with her for nearly 2 hours and nothing had gone wrong!>>

What are you talking about?! I was just with Haleigh not even 2 hours ago at Clandestine Intelligence!

:: Karen looked at Haleigh, following the hybrid with her eyes as she took her place. She then looked Alison. The two of them seemed to communicate on a silent level, and Alison nods affirmative. Karen stands up.::
Shadow Weaver said:
<< Karen realizes that something SIGNIFICANT has happened since she last saw Haleigh.>>

Nicolas, Morgan....<< the doctor gestures for the sorceress and the demigod to sit on either side of Michael as she squeezes his hand and then pulls away, and makes her way to Alison to stand by her side.>>

Karen to Morgan and Blaze via their telempathic bond: Stand fast, my daughters. Be silent and LISTEN. Be AWARE and READY.

[more softly]

he sounds so PARANOID....

<< Morgan held her tongue, per her mother's direction, and listened as Haleigh began to fill them in on what was going on because up till this moment, Morgan herself was quite confused. She'd been with Haleigh...nothing was wrong, Haleigh seemed a little NICER than normal, but other than that, nothing was wrong. She was certainly ALIVE the whole time they were together, so all of this talk about a DEAD BODY!? But then again, the last time Morgan had seen Haleigh, even in the the dream-time, she was a red-head. NOW she was blonde, with a dramatic new look. And she'd said something about...."getting back to her roots....">>

Black Widow said:

Black Widow said:
"There is no easy way to say this, so I'll just put it plainly. I was not born, but engineered, at the original Arklay Mansion. I am the successful result of Mystech's 'Project Scion', a stem cell research project. I was created using a blend of DNA.... from Christopher Victory, and Diana. It so happens that Malice has been shaping the course of my life since birth because she has a vested interest in my existence. She is my... biological mother.

"Oh...my god!!!"

Blaze mouth opened with shock and disbeliefy as she and Morgan immediately joined and held hands rather tightly! MORGAN looked like she'd just seen a GHOST!
<< Morgan and Blaze held hands, Morgan's mouth was opened in shock as she leaned back in her chair.>>

Black Widow said:
The corporeal form of me you see now is a copy of the way I WAS at the time of the Viper adventure. [looking at Delilah] Hence, the hair. I'm assuming it was kept short to keep it from getting tangled in the growth tube? Anyway.... When she killed me, my 'soul', if we can even call it that, was forced out of my body. I should have died, but.... using what I assume is a latent ability derived from Diana's maternal contribution.... I was able to project myself psionically, and 'download' myself into a new body. From what I can tell there are over a dozen copies of my body in Diana's possession. I don't know what limitations exist, if any, but I presume upon death I will be able to return in a new body each time."
That's what you meant....when you said to me earlier your new look was about..."getting back to your roots..."

<< Morgan said softly as she looked rather dismayed at the moment.>>

<< FLASH!>>

Seer said:
<< A head smashing montage of every moment of conflict, evern horrible and vicious moment that Morgan and Haleigh had with each other from the moment they met, till the master mold caper, when their relationship FINALLY began to turn a corner....Every harsh word, every "in your face" moment...>>
She's....our sister....

<< And what she'd been through. HOW she came to be! It made Morgan SHUDDER to recall the things she'd said to her in anger in the past...using truths as a weapon against her, condemning her, wishing she'd STAYED dead after the Inferno. Christopher was HER father too, and Haleigh had been as much a victim as the other sisters, perhaps MORE SO because she wasn't just kept isolated like Frost, from her very moment of creation, she was used, manipulated...abused...>>

Our father...the monster...he did it again...he went even further than he had with myself, Blaze and Jasmine...

<< Oddly enough, DIANA seemed to have played a role in SAVING Haleigh, not only during the Viper caper, but throughout her life. But it wasn't a benevolent thing by any means. Haleigh's life...ALL of it had been ....'artificial' shaped, from the moment of creation, by someone else's whim! She'd endured things as a child that no one should have to. She GREW UP in Arklay mansion!>>

By the dark moon...

<< Morgan said softly as she bowed her head and placed her hand on her forehead. She had a SPLITTING headache. This wasn't normal for her....and all the noise the vocalization around her from the others, it was becoming "white noise." She felt like she was going to PASS OUT, but then she started imaging HERSELF being a child in that terrifying mansion of horrors and secrets. Imagining what it must have been like to have an....ARRANGED family, to not know who you are, EVER, and then to find out that everything about you was ENGINEERED, and that your parents were two of the biggest MONSTERS on the planet!? It JOLTED her back to focus and reality>>

HALEIGH....

<< The hybrid announced that she was going to leave them, and go to the hellfire club, go to MALICE, in order to take the white queen's focus off of them!>>

NO!!!"

"NO, HALEIGH! YOU CAN'T GO TO MALICE! You belong HERE with US....with your FAMILY! We'll stand TOGETHER against her! "

<< Morgan flew out of her seat>>

NO! Don't you blame this on my mother, OR "the Victory girls!"

<< she yelled with force as she pulled away from Blaze and made her way over to where they were.>>

<< Ava then took her shot at Alison, and it was brutal. Blaze was right behind Morgan, but HOLDING ON to her...>>

Blaze to Morgan via their telepathic rapport: No, Morg...don't go after her [AVA]

Morgan: I'm NOT going to hurt her, Blaze. Do you think that I'm a monster too? << referring to Cameron's unfeeling comment to her earlier>> But I'm not going to let my mom OR Alison be blamed for this either! I'm going to stand with them...and I.....WE are going to help Haleigh.

<< soon, the sisters were standing WITH their mother and beside Alison, leaving Nicolas and Cass with Michael.>>

<< Ava's withering DISAPPOINTMENT in Haleigh was made clear, before the goddess disappeared in a furious tornado.>>

<< Cameron spoke to Haleigh.>>

"It seems like you've already made your decision...but it's short sighted. To think that Malice will stop her onslaught on us because of your new pledge of alleigance. You are running scared and right into her arms. What do you think life will be like for you there? Do you think you will just simply get to sit in the chair next to Malice and do nothing? You will be put to work. You will be used as a weapon against us, and you will be the most deadly of them all. Giving yourself to her comes with a price that I truly don't think you are considering right now. She will make you destroy us..and then she will destroy you. You already think that's what she's doing now..but Haleigh, trust me. You'd much rather have it be the way it is now then to truly walk in the dark like that."

"You're not a villain unless you choose to be one, Haleigh. And maybe you aren't a hero, either. But you ARE..a founding member of The Six. You are part of our origin, and you paid your membership dues in blood, sweat, tears and DEATH..like Morgan..Blaze...Alison...Alexis... and myself did that night in The Citadle..We committed to stopping them. We committed to protecting the innocent from them. We committed to no longer being VICTIMS. Don't let Diana make you the ultimate one."
If my mom was treating you as a doctor...then that's why she didn't say anything. She couldn't, unless you gave her your consent.

Everything that you thought you knew has been destroyed by what you've learned....What does a person do when even "SELF" is a lie?

<< Morgan says as she looks at Haleigh.>>

My....OUR [including Haleigh] father is responsible for this. << She looks at Blaze and her mother>> And all this time...we had NO idea.

But now that we know...we can help you. Blaze is right, you CAN'T go to Malice! After all of this...knowing that so much of your life was predetermined and manipulated by her? You CAN'T just give yourself to her! There are people in this room that she has a SPECIAL kind of obsession with, and I don't think even YOU would cause her to stop targeting them.

The truce is OVER now, we can go after them JUST as hard as they come after us! We can do it TOGETHER, Haleigh. And now that you know, and you've told us...doesn't this FREE you from any power that Malice has over you? That's why Alison gathered us together, isn't it? So that we could learn TOGETHER, and rally around Haleigh, FIGHT BACK against Malice...and her Inner Circle, because we KNOW she won't be ALONE in this.

Last edited:

MorningStar

The Light in the Darkness
The Six
Real Name
Delilah Trelaven
Residence
The Parthenon, NYC
Missions
Ability
Transducing Light into Sound (and vice versa)
The Parthenon – War Room

The recent events with Kelly had not left Cameron in an understanding mood. He stood there, agitated.

Cameron said:
"You tell us what's going on...[a little colder] and you do it quickly..."
Delilah tried to be soothing.

“Let her talk, Cam…”

Delilah was attentive and supportive looking while Haleigh began to speak about the blackouts, that they were memories, and that she had been seeing Karen professionally. Delilah looked concerned. Of course this was Haleigh’s private business, but she knew how bad it had to have been for Haleigh to seek out help, and she was worried for her.

Haleigh went on to tell them that she had not only tried to kill Malice, but had in turn been killed and then downloaded into a spare body. Oh and she was Malice and Christopher Victory’s offspring.

Well. Fuck me.

Haleigh said she had broken the truce, and that she was going to give Diana what she wanted so that she would spare all of them. Classic Haleigh. Sacrificing herself and paying any cost, no matter how ridiculous, to make sure the team survived. Well fuck that.

“Shit that truce was over with as soon as Diana used her powers on me when we were out to lunch. Haleigh, you don’t need to be a martyr here. The truce is dead, and I don’t give a shit how or why it’s dead – now we can take Malice down once and for all.”

Ava was understandably upset, though angrier than Delilah would have expected. But Delilah couldn’t blame her for her emotions – at a time like this, they weren’t going to be logical or predictable. Her rage found an outlet at Karen, and though Delilah knew the doctor could take Ava’s words, in this case it really wasn’t her fault.

Ava said:
Morgan said:
NO! Don't you blame this on my mother, OR "the Victory girls!"
She knew that later, Morgan would be very understanding of Ava’s feelings. But in classic Morgan fashion, in the heat of the moment she lashed out like a lion. Delilah tried to diffuse the situation.

“Come on, Ava, don’t be like that – it wasn’t Karen’s secret to tell. Or Alison’s for that matter. And Morgan, for god’s sake, calm down. Ava, Haleigh is still your sister. Nothing will change that.”

She turned to Haleigh.

“And you are still the same person you were yesterday. This changes nothing.”

But Ava wasn’t in a listening mood, and stormed out angrily.

Cameron said:
"Just give her some room to breathe. We have eyes everywhere. If she does something stupid, we can be there in an instant. We still have official team matters to deal with."
“Don’t worry, Hales, she’ll come around.”

Cameron then got very analytical with Haleigh – but he wasn’t wrong.

Cameron said:
"To think that Malice will stop her onslaught on us because of your new pledge of alleigance… She will make you destroy us...and then she will destroy you. You already think that's what she's doing now..but Haleigh, trust me. You'd much rather have it be the way it is now then to truly walk in the dark like that."
“Cameron is right. You can’t protect us by giving Malice what she wants. We all saw what they did to Alexis, and I will not watch them do that to you. The only way to protect us is to stand WITH us and LEAD us the way you have time and time again. I know it’s your nature to sacrifice yourself, but shit Haleigh.”

Delilah’s eyes welled with tears.

“You have been there for me when no one else…[voice breaking] would even look me in the eye. No matter what, you have stood by my side. Let me do the same for you. We need you HERE. *I* need you HERE. I won’t abandon you.”

Ruby

Red Princess
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Cassandra Johnson
Residence
Los Angeles
Missions
Ability
Psionic, Psychokinesis, Levitation, Hypnosis
The Parthenon – War Room II

:: Ava and Cameron pretty much DEMANDED that Haleigh fill them ALL in – with the exception of a few key people who were already in the know – on what she had to tell them. ::

Haleigh said:

"There is no easy way to say this, so I'll just put it plainly. I was not born, but engineered, at the original Arklay Mansion. I am the successful result of Mystech's 'Project Scion', a stem cell research project. I was created using a blend of DNA.... from Christopher Victory, and Diana. It so happens that Malice has been shaping the course of my life since birth because she has a vested interest in my existence. She is my... biological mother. This is why she saved me after Viper. This is also why she has made some not-so-subtle recruitment attempts. Naturally, after confirming this was indeed true and not simply some mental manipulation of hers, I confronted her directly. That went about as well as one might expect. I tried to kill her. She succeeded in killing me. [looking at Cameron] That's what you saw. She didn't murder me, I tried to obliterate HER, but I haven't used my power like that before, and she was able to defend herself. I am here now because as it turns out, when Malice saved me, she took everything she needed to 'recreate' me. This worked out in our favor, but of course, she got something out of it as well. Not just the ability to hold that over my head, she also gained the ability to create copies of me. The corporeal form of me you see now is a copy of the way I WAS at the time of the Viper adventure. [looking at Delilah] Hence, the hair. I'm assuming it was kept short to keep it from getting tangled in the growth tube? Anyway.... When she killed me, my 'soul', if we can even call it that, was forced out of my body. I should have died, but.... using what I assume is a latent ability derived from Diana's maternal contribution.... I was able to project myself psionically, and 'download' myself into a new body. From what I can tell there are over a dozen copies of my body in Diana's possession. I don't know what limitations exist, if any, but I presume upon death I will be able to return in a new body each time."
:: Cass had never dealt with Christopher OR Diana. She had heard plenty of stories about them, sure, but HEARING something is a lot different than KNOWING. So it wasn’t THAT big of a jolt for her…INITIALLY. ::

Okay, so Haleigh’s the by-product of Christopher Victory and Diana…MALICE. That’s not a big deal. *gleefully*: It must annoy the hell out of Diana to know that HER daughter is on the right side of things.

:: Then Blaze began talking about Haleigh being her and Morgan’s SISTER…and wouldn’t shut up about it. With every word, it was like a KNIFE was twisting into Cass. She stared at Blaze, aghast. Didn’t she GET that there are some people in the room [her] that had LOST their entire family? And here she was, getting sisters right, left, and center, EVERY FUCKING WEEK. ::

“What. The. FUCK?!”

:: Cass GLARED at Morgan and Blaze. It wasn’t fair. She would have given ANYTHING to get back her own family and here were two people finding out that they had other siblings every fucking week. Cass was acting ridiculous, and she KNEW she was acting ridiculous, but Cass couldn’t seem to get a hold of herself. ::

It’s NOT fair!

:: Then she noticed AVA, and her heart broke for her. Ava just lost her family without warning…and Cass knew exactly what that was like. It fucking sucked. But then… ::

Haleigh said:
"There's more, so hold your horses. Upon discovery of this apparent suspension of my mortality, I went back to speak with Diana again. I formally terminated the truce."
:: Cass looked stricken. Now that the truce was terminated it gave Malice and her cohorts pretty much a free pass to come after them; to come after her FAMILY. After everything that Malice had put the team through, she would now be coming after every single one of them. Still, the worse was yet to come. At least, for Cass. ::

Haleigh said:
:: All of a sudden it felt like it was That Night again, where the love of her life ATTACKED her and revealed that he was an agant of MysTech, that he was in a relationship with her as a FUCKING assignment for them. It didn’t matter that Haleigh was only doing it as a means to keep THEM safe. FUCK THEIR SAFETY. Malice didn’t give one shit about their safety so why the hell would Haleigh even bother with that demented reasoning?! No, Cass told Haleigh a bit about her history with Ben, and she also told her some other stuff as well; information that she did not want to fall into the wrong hands.. She had TRUSTED Haleigh with her life AND her past. Her entire body shook as the realization dawned on her that Haleigh was defecting. ::

“Haleigh…NO.”

:: Cass looked at Haleigh. She didn’t understand how she could be acting so calm and cool about joining forces with MALICE She didn’t understand how she could be acting so calm and cool after breaking Ava’s heart. She didn’t understand how she could be acting so calm and cool about her apparent BETRAYAL. On another level, though, Cass could totally understand it. However, Cass was TIRED of understanding. Cass was TIRED of being the let’s-go-team-rah-rah type of person. What she wanted was to get out of this place, this ROOM, and find some solitude somewhere. ::

Valkyrie

War
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Ashley Oldenburg
Missions
Ability
New York Dolls

Zach said:
"…but after that kiss you laid on me in the Sanctuary? I do appreciate the offer."
“All this time and you’re still thinking about that kiss? You’re harder up than I thought.”

Ashley’s hand moved northward, testing that theory, while Amber rotated her hips to a slow song in front of her.

Zach said:
"If you say so. But just so we're clear, are you saying-- Posso scopare con te ora?"
She turned her head to the side so it was level with Zach’s, and a devious smirk spread over her face.

“No, I’m saying I’ll fuck your brains out so hard you won’t be able to walk tomorrow.”

Her head swiveled back to the girl dancing in front of her, who was now getting more familiar with her. When she had finished, Ashley tipped her a hundred for her and Andrew’s dances, before standing up. She looked down at Zach, still sitting on the banquette.

“No dance for you?”

The side of her mouth turned up in a smile as she leapt up onto the small empty “side stage” that was near to their table. She was still in her work clothes, jeans, jacket, and heeled boots. She grabbed hold of the pole and did a slow revolution, sliding off her jacket to reveal a tank, throwing the jacket to Zach.

But then her eyes caught something and went wide.

“Oh shit!”

Andrew was up on the main stage, dancing (badly) with several girls.

“I’m coming, Mr. Irresistible!”

Ashley laughed as she jumped down off the platform, and made her way across the floor to the main stage. Climbing up, she started dancing with Andrew too, stealing glances at Zach.

Two AM came quickly, and Ashley paid her tab before the three of them made their way out the door and back into a cab. She had it stop off on Sixth Ave at the Waverly so she could pick up some diner food before it took them back to the Clocktower.

Almost as soon as they arrived, Andrew faceplanted himself onto the couch, out cold. Ashley started pulling to go containers out of the brown paper bag from the diner onto the butcher block in the kitchen, because hey, if Andrew was passed out, his omelet was fair game.

Status
Not open for further replies.