1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GH Casts Hillary B. Smith - as OLTL's Nora Buchanan

Discussion in 'Small Screen' started by Screen Legend, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Screen Legend

Screen Legend Legendary

On the heels that ABC got back the rights to both All My Children and One Life to Live comes THIS exciting news:

"General Hospital boss Frank Valentini dropped a fun bombshell on Tuesday night, revealing in a video posted to twitter that two-time Daytime Emmy winner Hillary B. Smith will be appearing on ABC’s sole surviving sudser — and as her One Life to Live character, legal eagle Nora Buchanan.

The video is capped by a fun little wink from Rebecca Budig, who currently plays GH‘s Hayden but who “back in the day” used to work down the street from Smith, when she was All My Children‘s Greenlee.

Though several OLTL actors (including Roger Howarth and Kristen Alderson) migrated to GH after the East Coast-based soap was unceremoniously dismissed from ABC’s airwaves, Smith’s casting as Nora marks the first time a One Life character has set foot in Port Charles since ABC and Prospect Park, the media entity that (briefly) “saved” AMC and OLTL as online-only series, got entangled a legal quagmire over character rights.

Details on Smith’s storyline or the length of her stay were not immediately disclosed.

Smith’s previous daytime-TV credits include The Bold and the Beautiful (as Dr. Stacy Barton), As the World Turns (as Margo) and The Doctors."

Source

This is AWESOME!!! I'm going to have to start watching GH again! :D

You can watch the fun video here.

Persephone likes this.
  2. Persephone

Persephone Shadow and Light Staff Member

I loved Nora on OLTL so i'm super excited. :) I'm assuming it's because Alexis' law license is suspended [and you know, she's an alcoholic now LOL] so they need a new lawyer in town.

Either way, hopefully it'll be a good introduction of the character!

3. Clara Oswald

Clara Oswald Oswin! Staff Member Contributing Member

It's funny they made her an alcoholic, because isn't that why she broke up with Ned? Or am I remembering that wrong?

4. Screen Legend

Screen Legend Legendary

I'm super excited too! It must be bittersweet for her, though, since she's not with the rest of her OLTL crew [other than Roger Howarth and Michael Easton].

5. Berserker

Berserker #sisters

Is Michael Easton playing Tanner? Oh wait that was his Days character. Surely Roger's not Todd Manning?

6. Screen Legend

Screen Legend Legendary

Nope. ME plays a new character, Finn.

I wish Roger was still playing Todd, but he's now Franco [yep, the character that James Franco played a few years ago]. :rolleyes:

7. Clara Oswald

Clara Oswald Oswin! Staff Member Contributing Member

Aw, that whole Franco storyline and those characters sucked.

8. Persephone

Yeah it's annoying how they had to switch the characters out during the whole Prospect Park bullshit because Todd fit so well in GH and had fantastic chemistry with Carly.

Same with McBain, he was great with Sam.

I with they would kill Franco off and bring back Todd honestly lol. I mean, I like Franco for the sheer fact that Roger Haworth is fucking great.

I'll keep Finn though, I love him and Hayden together. :D

As for Alexis being an alcoholic...I honestly can't remember if that's why her and Ned broke up. I thought it was because she had feelings for Sonny but then got pregnant by Sonny and tried to pass of Kristina as Ned's to protect her.

9. Screen Legend

Screen Legend Legendary

That whole thing was COMPLETE bullshit. In hindsight, they never should've brought Starr, McBain, and Todd to GH. And, because of it, they had to give Roger a character that nobody liked - which, to be honest, the only I like about Franco are/were his relationships with Nina and Kiki [Kiki is only a friend], they simply slapped some fucking character together and called him Silas for Michael Easton...at least that's what it literally felt like to me. With Kristen Alderson, though, at least they got rid of Kiki and then brough her back with a new face/actress [and whom I actually like, though I had fun watching KA play Kiki too].

I enjoyed the chemistry RH and CW both have...but it kind of sickened me when CARLY got together with FRANCO. I could never get past the fact that Franco was the catalyst to her son's rape. :rolleyes:

10. Persephone

Yeah agreed about Carly and Franco. The only reason they put them together was because RH and LW had such amazing chemistry as Todd and Carly that the writers wanted to capitalize on that.