Twisted Metal
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Haleigh Davidoff
Residence
Hellfire New York
Missions
Ability
Earth Elemental; Technokinesis; Strength, Resilience, and Immunity due to the TO virus
Hellfire -- The Red King’s Suite

As they got out of the shower, she thanked him for the release, a little exchange they’d had many times before, a bit of a post coital ritual. It was a good way to communicate that you had fun but had to run, which was exactly what their rendezvous used to be like. He pulled her back for another kiss, and stated that he thought they were beyond ‘thank you’. She smiled guiltily.

“Sorry, old habits die hard.”

She replied, and then she told him there was something she needed to do now that Elena was back. He tossed his towel on the counter, giving her another chance to look, and she did, smirking as she opened the door to the bedroom. She tore her gaze from him as she left the bathroom, only to find Erika sitting there, unabashedly ogling him too. Haleigh handed Alek her towel to block Erika’s view.

Alek: Maybe I should have handed you a towel when 'Jazz' was here...

“That’s different. Jasper is a professional, and his eyeballs don’t crawl all over my body the way hers do yours.”

She shot back in a whisper, but it made her think. That was the second time he’d brought it up, and even if his tone was light, she suspected he meant it. She was caught off guard by his comment. Cameron had never had a problem with anyone else seeing her naked, Hell, he had always seemed to enjoy showing her off, like a trophy. Which she had recently realized was exactly what she was to him, a trophy, clearly one collecting dust. But Alek gave her the impression that he didn’t want to share her.

She almost wanted to ask him about it, but this wasn’t a conversation they should have in front of Erika. So Haleigh told Erika that the reason she was bothering them had better be important, and she suggested, with mild sarcasm, that a heads up text would have been nice.

Erika: Man, pregnancy has really impeded your ability to insult people.

Haleigh gave her Princess a sharp look.

“Get fucked.”

She retorted, getting her dress out of Alek’s closet and grabbing her heels.

Erika: But it seems to have a positive effect on your fashion sense, so I guess it's not so bad.

Haleigh rolled her eyes and told Erika she had 30 seconds to get to the reason she was here, and she was getting ready to leave all the while, because she was not kidding. Erika had another witty rejoinder, to which Haleigh called the time up and turned to leave.

Erika: I know you had a doctor's appointment today...

That stopped her, hand on the doorknob. She turned back to look at Erika, curiosity piqued. Erika seemed to know an awful lot about what was going on. Alek accused her of doing something. Erika claimed she was just as upset with Cameron, which Haleigh doubted. But calling out Selma Hayek and how nauseating it was made Haleigh crack a smile, and listen to what her Princess had to say next. She offered help, the magickal kind, and a gift, explaining what it was and what it did, which to Haleigh sounded like mystical mumbo jumbo. She looked at it suspiciously as Erika held it out.

Erika: It will protect not only you but your children, as well as giving you a way to bond with them without feeling like you are communicating with live parasites in your body, which must be uncomfortable.

“My babies are NOT parasites.”

Alek: It's a trick.

She glanced at him, then back at the necklace, which she took in hand to inspect closer.

“She’s deranged but not dumb.”

Haleigh replied to Alek, and then she looked at Erika.

“And it would be incredibly dumb to give me some hexed trinket when there’s a witness around.”

Erika acknowledged that she was Princess because Haleigh had allowed it, and asserted that she wanted to earn her place. Then she insisted that she wanted to keep the babies safe. Haleigh had not expected so many people to develop such big feelings about her children. First, her sister Queens. Then AJ, John, Zach, Gia, even Heidi and Jack had all expressed their interest in safeguarding the twins. Now Erika. Two thirds of the Inner Circle. Haleigh was a bit moved. Or it was the hormones.

Erika: Look I don't do nice well for very long. Can we just leave it at I want to help, let me help until I fuck it up or you get pissed and we leave it at that?

Alek: Until you fuck it up really isn't good enough for me, when two children's lives are at stake.

“How about you not fuck it up, and see if you can enjoy some lasting success? You’ve always had such phenomenal potential, Erika, but you can never seem to stop tripping over your own dick. Figuratively speaking.”

She looked back down at the crystal in hand. She could feel it’s power in her palm. She’d been holding it for minutes and it hadn’t hurt her. Some sort of intuition told her Erika was actually being genuine for once. Haleigh looked back up slowly, her fingers closing around the necklace.

“If this thing turns out to be anything other than what you say it is, I’ll cram it so far up your ass that you puke it out. And if you survive that?”

She hiked her thumb at Alek.

“He’ll kill you. Do you still want me to have it?”

When Erika didn’t waver, Haleigh shrugged and turned to Alek.

“Okay. You ready to go?”

She asked, but she could see that he was. They all left, and Haleigh cut a path through the labyrinth mansion to the conservatory. The happy little King-Estrada family was still there, looking storybook. Haleigh assessed the girl as she cut across the lawn, and sauntered right up to the adults. She held out the packet of paper for a moment, and then dropped it in his lap with a satisfyingly thick thwack.

“I started the preliminary filing for divorce. This can still be civil, Cameron. All you have to do is sign and initial where indicated. Take time to look it over, if you need. It’s pretty straight forward, though. 50/50 split, assets and custody.”

Her tone was cold and detached, her emotions cut off. She wanted to scream at him, she wanted to throw him into the pond and beat him senseless. But for the sake of her son, she would try to restrain herself. She inhaled deeply, and then she looked at Elena.

“Can I speak with you, alone?”

She could just sense Cameron gearing up to object.

“Don’t get your panties in a wad, Cameron. It’s just talking. I’m sure you’ll mind-read everything we say anyway. Elena is a big girl, no doubt she can handle herself.”

Last edited:

Pathfinder

White Princess
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Erika King
Residence
Newport Beach, CA
Missions
Ability
Witch
The idea she presented had gone over about as well as she expected. Alek was completely against it, but Haleigh was not. If there was one thing The White Princess appreciated about Haleigh it was that Haleigh never treated her as if she was insane. Whenever Erika was clear, Haleigh treated her as such, but it was something she would probably never mention to her sister-in-law.

Alek: "It's a trick."

Haleigh: "She's deranged but not dumb. And it would be incredibly dumb to give me some hexed trinket when there's a witness around."

"Thank you for the litmus test of my intelligence."

"From the people who created one of the biggest disasters Hellfire has ever seen because they couldn't keep it in their pants."

There was a bit of back and forth until Erika tried to remain as transparent as possible. She knew she was a highly suspicious person to be offering help, but Erika was not this finessed in games of revenge or rage. If Erika wanted to hurt either of them, she would have done so very physically. She would have ripped Alek's child from Haleigh's uterus and fed it to him like the bear he was. She didn't maneuver like her brother or her mother.

Alek: "Until you fuck it up really isn't good enough for me, when two children's lives are at stake."

Haleigh: "How about you not fuck it up, and see if you can enjoy some lasting success? You've always had such phenomenal potential, Erika, but you can never seem to stop tripping over your own dick. Figuratively speaking."

Erika blinked for a moments, a bit taken aback. She didn't often receive compliments. Especially not from her sister in law, and she wasn't sure how to feel about it..but it did feel good.

Haleigh grabbed for the necklace.

Haleigh: "If this thing turns out to be anything other than what you say it is, I'll cram it so far up your ass that you puke it out. And if you survive that? He'll kill you. Do you still want me to have it?"

The White Queen was certainly putting quite a bit of stock in The Red King lately, and that was very troubling. He was always so obstinate about everything that wasn't his idea. So wary of everybody but him, and it was beginning to drive Erika up the wall a bit.

"I'm not worried Haleigh. Take the gesture or not, but don't threaten me."

Haleigh: "Okay. You ready to go?"

The three of them began to file out of the room, until she grabbed Alek's arm, keeping his back as Haleigh all but darted off towards the conservatory no doubt. She looked The Red King in the eyes.

"Stop fucking with me, Alek! I'm trying to do the right thing here. I don't care if you like me, but I'm NOT your enemy. Your daughter will be my nephew's sister. You can say what you want about the King family, but generations of Hellfire later and we are the only family unit still in tact, problematic as we may be. This isn't about you, or Haleigh, or Cameron. It's about the children - children who will grow up in Hellfire with their parents or their sibling's parents hating each other. And we know how fleeting life is here. What happens if shit gets REAL bad and the three of you end up DEAD? Have any of you thought about what happens to your kids then? When they survive this brewing blood war and their parents aren't around to pick up the pieces."

Erika threw her hands up exasperated.

"You were an orphan for god's sake, Alek. You know the importance of having those around who love those children. I'm not saying any of it is your fault, but I am saying that I know my brother and my sister in law. This is far from over. I love my brother Alek. I really do. And ---- I love Haleigh too...but like don't tell her or anything. I want to HELP. So LET me help. I didn't come back to Hellfire to start trouble...I really didn't. I know I come with a lot of baggage, but my god, I can't tell you how sick I am of having to answer for every crazy thing I've done while people more mentally unstable than I am are running entire courts. We're all fucking crazy."

She calmed down a bit, looking at him with sincerity.

"I know how to navigate Haleigh and Cameron, but I need help. If only to support me in helping Haleigh get through this pregnancy. Those kids are strong already Alek, and Haleigh is strong too -- but it is not uncommon for women just as powerful as Haleigh to die during magickal pregnancy if they aren't taken care of properly. They have POWER signatures already. Meaning when they are born? They will already be born with active powers, powers that might even manifest in the womb. She needs better care than she's going to get with Jasper. So can you just allow me that and we can go from there?"

Prophet

White King
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Cameron King
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Telepathy, Psionic, Telekinetic, Empathy, Flash Premonition
Elena ribbed him about the lothario of the white court.

Elena: "Shame I didn't arrive sooner. I could have seen what all the fuss is about."

Cameron rolled his eyes jokingly.

Elena: "Maybe you could give me his number. I've been meaning to see Europe again..."

He felt a tinge of jealousy for a moment, before reigning himself in at the realization of the situation he was currently putting Elena in.

"Well, you'll have to get through Brienne Shaw. But something tells me - you could take her."

He expressed the importance of Elena making relationships within Hellfire. He meant it. If she couldn't get people to warm up to her, it was going to make things very uncomfortable for not just him but Carolina as well. Not that any of them would be outwardly mean to a child, but he didn't want his daughter OR Elena to feel as if they had to walk on egg shells. This was his home, and that meant it was theirs as well.

Elena: "I'll get to know your friends, if you think that will make Carolina safer, Amado."

Cameron felt her hands on the back of his neck, playing with his hair as goosebumps ran down his spine. He smiled warmly, placing his hand on her thigh.

"Thank you."

Elena: "But you should be ruling over them all."

"Damn straight."

He could sense the worry within Elena about Carolina's powers manfiesting and Cameron himself couldn't help but to wonder what they might be. Would she be a telepath like her parents, or would she take another path?

"All in good time, Sparrow. First...I have to survive the next nine months."

And like clock work, the witch music from The Wizard of Oz began to play as Haleigh made her way through the courtyard, looking absolutely devestatingly beautiful. For a moment he wanted to go with her, check on his son, make sure she was okay, but the large envelope in his hand told him that things were not going to be copacetic. Plus she was just lightly breezed past his daughter without so much as a smile.

"Bitch."

The packet fell into his lap with a thud.

Haleigh: "I started the preliminary filing for divorce. This can still be civil, Cameron. All you have to do is sign and initial where indicated. Take time to look it over, if you need. It's pretty straight forward though. 50/50 split, assets and custody."

Cameron laughed.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I was just laughing at the idea of you ever being civil. Good Morning, Haleigh."

She then turned to Elena and it put Cameron immediately on edge.

Haleigh: "Can I speak with you, alone?"

The White King furrowed her brow.

Haleigh: "Don't get your panties in a wad, Cameron. It's just talking. I'm sure you'll mind-read everything we say anyway. Elena is a big girl, no doubt she can handle herself."

"If it's just talking then I'm not quite sure what Elena might need to handle. But I'm not her keeper. She sits next to me on her own accord."

Turning to Elena.

"It's up to you, Sparrow."

Berserker

'bout to show you what Hell looks like
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Aleksander Hallbjörn
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Strength
The Red King’s Suite

Alek was mostly silent while Haleigh & Erika spoke, until she mentioned the babies, and Haleigh's doctor appointment. Then he was interested - and suspicious. It was too much of a coincidence that Erika knew all about Haleigh's faster-than-normal pregnancy - Erika could easily be working with her mother to do something horrible to Haleigh. And he wasn't about to just stand by and let her do it. He was already ready to wring her little neck if she did so much as look wrong at Haleigh.

Erika offered Haleigh some sort of crystal that looked like she'd gotten it out of a tourist trap new wave shop, and told her if would keep the children safe. At the same time she called them parasites.

Haleigh: “My babies are NOT parasites.”

Weeks ago, it might have been Haleigh making that joke, but her answer made him feel happy inside. They weren't something Haleigh had just done for Cameron anymore: she wanted them. He snapped back to the task at hand, which was to state the obvious, that this was a trick. This was her (soon to be ex) husband's sister for chrissake: why the hell would she accept anything Erika had to give her?

Haleigh: “She’s deranged but not dumb. And it would be incredibly dumb to give me some hexed trinket when there’s a witness around.”

That wasn't enough for him. This was some way for Erika and/or Cameron and/or Kelly to get back at Haleigh. Or just because they were spiteful. Erika's insistence that she only cared for the babies' safety, and that she wanted to help, just seemed too ridiculous to even consider.

Haleigh: “If this thing turns out to be anything other than what you say it is, I’ll cram it so far up your ass that you puke it out. And if you survive that? He’ll kill you."

He crossed his arms over his chest again and gave her a smile that made him look more crocodile than bear.

Haleigh: "Do you still want me to have it?”

Erika: "I'm not worried Haleigh. Take the gesture or not, but don't threaten me."

"She's your Queen, she can do whatever she wants."

Alek nodded to Haleigh when she asked if he was ready, and ran his fingers through his hair. He let Haleigh lead the way, then started to step into the doorway behind her, when he felt Erika's hand on his arm.

Erika: "Stop fucking with me, Alek! I'm trying to do the right thing here. I don't care if you like me, but I'm NOT your enemy. Your daughter will be my nephew's sister. You can say what you want about the King family, but generations of Hellfire later and we are the only family unit still in tact, problematic as we may be."

Alek turned to face her, scoffing.

"Come off it, Erika. You couldn't give two shits about my daughter, nephew's sister or not, or Haleigh. You and your "King family" would like nothing more than to do away with the child that doesn't share your blood as expediently as possible. So excuse me if I don't trust a god damn word you say."

Erika: "This isn't about you, or Haleigh, or Cameron. It's about the children - children who will grow up in Hellfire with their parents or their sibling's parents hating each other. And we know how fleeting life is here. What happens if shit gets REAL bad and the three of you end up DEAD? Have any of you thought about what happens to your kids then? When they survive this brewing blood war and their parents aren't around to pick up the pieces."

Alek pointed at Erika to punctuate his sentence.

"It's my job to make sure Haleigh and I are HERE, alive and well, to protect them. BOTH of them. And that's what I'm doing."

Erika: "You were an orphan for god's sake, Alek."

Alek rolled his eyes.

"I'm not an orphan, Erika, I just had shitty parents. A legacy I don't intend to pass on to my daughter."

Erika: "You know the importance of having those around who love those children. I'm not saying any of it is your fault, but I am saying that I know my brother and my sister in law. This is far from over. I love my brother Alek. I really do. And ---- I love Haleigh too...but like don't tell her or anything. I want to HELP. So LET me help. I didn't come back to Hellfire to start trouble...I really didn't. I know I come with a lot of baggage, but my god, I can't tell you how sick I am of having to answer for every crazy thing I've done while people more mentally unstable than I am are running entire courts. We're all fucking crazy."

He laughed.

"Yeah, some more than others."

Erika: "I know how to navigate Haleigh and Cameron, but I need help. If only to support me in helping Haleigh get through this pregnancy. Those kids are strong already Alek, and Haleigh is strong too -- but it is not uncommon for women just as powerful as Haleigh to die during magickal pregnancy if they aren't taken care of properly. They have POWER signatures already. Meaning when they are born? They will already be born with active powers, powers that might even manifest in the womb. She needs better care than she's going to get with Jasper. So can you just allow me that and we can go from there?"

He looked at Erika skeptically. They had power signatures? That part intrigued him. IF Erika was sincere, Haleigh could use all the help she could get. But trusting Erika was asking too much, too soon. He had seen too much of her in his time at Hellfire for that. But Erika had saved Ava, when she might have been the next Black Queen had Ava died...

He took a breath in and let it out.

"Haleigh trusts you, for the moment, and I back her play."

He took a step forward.

"So if you want to help, then help."

The timbre of his voice changed, now dripping with venom.

"But if any of them die, Erika, I'm coming for you first."

He turned away, jogging to catch up with Haleigh. He didn't want her confronting Cameron - or Elena - alone. The three of them were in conversation when he made it to the Conservatory, but he could see the envelope already in Cameron's lap. He was sorry he missed that delivery. He stood nearby, his arms crossed, and silent. But he was there if she needed him, and that was what was important.

Sparrow

Rising Star
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Elena Estrada
Residence
Colima, Mexico
Missions
The Conservatory

Elena teased Cameron about Zach, knowing that he considered himself more of a stud than the empath and that it bothered him that not everyone agreed. She suggested that maybe Cameron could give her his number in Europe?

Cameron: "Well, you'll have to get through Brienne Shaw. But something tells me - you could take her."

Elena scoffed and rolled her eyes hard, waving a hand in the air.

"She's a Shaw. I'd eat her for breakfast."

She had heard about that family from Cameron, and was underwhelmed.

They chatted a bit, about the others here, his friends, and Cameron felt that if she got to know them, it would make things easier on Carolina. Which made it worthwhile to try, and she promised she would. But she interjected the fact that instead of making friends, Cameron should be ruling over them all, the way Malice had. And more. He had the potential, but somehow he had stalled. Maybe it was his wife, who could never live up to her mother's memory. Or perhaps his desire to "show" his mother diluting his focus. Cameron was light years ahead of the rest of them combined, but he wasn't acting like it. And that was a bigger threat to Carolina than the number of friends Elena made in New York.

Cameron: "All in good time, Sparrow. First...I have to survive the next nine months."

Think bigger.

Elena felt Haleigh - and Cameron's reaction to her, which brought a small smile to her lips - before she saw the woman. Elena had had seven years to think about what it would be like to see Haleigh again. Most of those scenarios ended with Haleigh's head separated from her body. Turns out it wasn't enough time to prepare her for it. Externally, she kept her cool, nothing seeming to have changed from a minute ago. But internally, she was as angry as if Cameron had just finished telling her the wedding was off. Almost imperceptibly, her eyes narrowed.

Putana.

Haleigh was talking to Cameron about divorce, which was fine with her. Considering the fact she was currently pregnant with another man's child, Cameron would be within his rights to drop her in the middle of the desert and leave her there to rot.

Haleigh: "Can I speak with you, alone?"

Elena arched one perfectly sculpted eyebrow, then sized Haleigh up and down. She wrinkled her nose, as if she'd stepped on something particularly unsavory with her heels.

Haleigh: "Don't get your panties in a wad, Cameron. It's just talking. I'm sure you'll mind-read everything we say anyway. Elena is a big girl, no doubt she can handle herself."

"You know I can."

Puta. Lying, thieving whore.

Cameron: "It's up to you, Sparrow."

It was of course at this exact moment that Carolina came running up and threw her arms around Elena's waist, out of breath. And suddenly her internal calm returned.

Carolina: "Mami, I'm so thirsty..."

The little girl made melodramatic eyes as if she were dying of thirst. Elena smiled at her, reached into Carolina's little backpack and pulled out her water bottle, and handed it to her.

"There you go, mija."

Carolina took a long drink, her eyes finding Haleigh and looking up at her in awe.

Elena leaned down to Carolina to speak.

"Mija, remember how we talked on the plane about papi's wife? This is Senora Haleigh."

Carolina set her bottle (which was pink with unicorns on it) down on the bench next to Elena and took a step towards Haleigh.

"I meant what I said, Cameron..."

Carolina: "Do you really have two babies in your tummy Senora Haleigh?"

Carolina looked skeptical, noting the size of Haleigh's stomach, or lack thereof. She kept looking up at Haleigh, though her face because more quizzical.

"Carolina, leave Senora Haleigh alone..."

Carolina: "If you are married to papi, that means you are my step-mother. You know, in..."

Carolina paused, then looked at Elena and whispered,

Carolina: "Como se dice Mi villano favorito?"

Elena managed an encouraging smile, but her heart was breaking for her good, loving child trying to be kind to a cold, unfeeling monster like Haleigh Victory. She had to think about her daughter's question for a moment, but then replied.

"Um...Despicable Me."

Carolina smiled at her, her whole face brightening, and it stayed that way as she returned to Haleigh.

"In Despicable Me, the daughters think their step mother is mean but she's really nice and at the end they all love each other."

Carolina's face scrunched up in thought as she paused.

"I think you will be a step mother like that."

Before Elena could tell her to stop, Carolina threw her arms around Haleigh's legs and gave her three squeezes.

"One hug for each of you!"

Carolina beamed at her, then came back to Elena and another drink of water.

Elena rubbed her back, looking at Haleigh, watching for signs of malice from her. Haleigh was her mother's daughter, after all, at least biologically.

"Mija, you stay here and do what papi tells you. Senora Haleigh and I are going to talk alone for a few minutes."

Last edited by a moderator:

Scion

Twisted Metal
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Haleigh Davidoff
Residence
Hellfire New York
Missions
Ability
Earth Elemental; Technokinesis; Strength, Resilience, and Immunity due to the TO virus
Hellfire -- The Conservatory

She delivered the divorce papers, and tried to tell Cameron that it could still be civil, and that everything would be split 50/50. All he had to do was sign. Instead, he laughed. She glared at him coldly.

“Of course you think this is funny.”

Cameron: Oh, I'm sorry, I was just laughing at the idea of you ever being civil. Good Morning, Haleigh.

She scowled at him, and his chipper demeanor. It infuriated her that he didn’t take this seriously. A flashback struck her, of him in her dream, telling her that one way or another he’d get his way. She took a deep breath and turned to Elena, and ask her for a moment alone. It was a small courtesy, and all she got in return was a sneer.

Cameron started to frown and she told him that it was just talking, and that she didn’t doubt Elena could handle it. Which Elena sharply retorted to, while Cameron had to make his comments but ultimately allowed that it was Elena’s choice. Elena, who mistakenly thought she was so much better than everyone else. Why, because Malice had told her so?

Haleigh fought the urge to roll her eyes. And before Elena could come up with some annoying response, the little girl came running over. She was thirsty, apparently. Elena gave her a bottle. Haleigh watched her carefully, analyzing her. Heidi had been off when guessing the girl’s age. Haleigh had found hospital and other public records that put the girl at seven. And just looking at the child, she could see the resemblance to Cameron.

Elena: Mija, remember how we talked on the plane about how papi's wife? This is Senora Haleigh.

Haleigh looked at the girl, who took a step towards her. Haleigh found it interesting that Elena told her daughter about Haleigh on the flight over. She suspected the things Elena said about her were not flattering.

Carolina: Do you really have two babies in your tummy Senora Haleigh?

“Yes.”

The girl glanced at her stomach, and Haleigh could see the doubt.

“They’re still very young and small. They’ll get bigger.”

Elena tried to discourage her daughter from bothering Haleigh, but her attempt was unsuccessful. The girl was calling Haleigh her stepmother, which was nauseatingly awkward. Elena and her daughter discussed a translation from Spanish, and then the girl was talking to Haleigh again.

Carolina: In Despicable Me, the daughters think their step mother is mean but she's really nice and at the end they all love each other.

“That’s nice, kid.”

Carolina: I think you will be a step mother like that.

Haleigh pursed her lips instead of saying ‘I doubt it’. Carolina was just a child, who didn’t understand three quarters of what was going on here. She was a sweet girl, because she hadn’t grown up here in Hellfire for the last seven years. Chalk it up to pregnancy hormones, but Haleigh softened towards Carolina in that moment. She didn’t want to be the one who ruined the girl’s fairytale. Especially not when she was hugging her legs, which caused the whole upper half of Haleigh’s body to shrug upwards in awkward surprise. After a moment, Haleigh patted the girl’s head very gently.

Carolina: One hug for each of you!

“Thanks kid.”

She said, not unkindly. Elena told the girl to stay with her father, and Haleigh began to lead her down the pebbled path through the garden. She waited until they were out of human hearing range to talk.

“I hated you so much back then. Honestly, I still despise you. You’re a self-righteous snob, and a condescending bitch too.”

She started, as they turned a corner and went out of view of the others.

“My mother never approved of me, but she couldn’t stop praising you. And you had Cameron quite entranced — it seems you still do.”

She stopped walking, and turned to look at Elena.

“I used to think you had tried to steal him from me, and I did what I did to get back what was rightfully mine.”

She shook her head slowly, frowning.

“But it appears he was never mine. After all these years, he’s had me, I’ve given him everything he wanted, but he still seeks you. I see the way he looks at you, I see the child you two made, and I realize my mistake. He was always yours.”

She shrugged.

“Well, it’s not too late. Get him to sign the paperwork, Elena, and he’s all yours again. I’m not trying to be your daughter’s stepmother. She seems nice, or whatever. But I’ve no interest in raising her. I’ll have children of my own to worry about soon.”

Her expression hardened.

“And if we can’t find a way to resolve this amicably, then we’re all going to be in grave danger.”

Last edited:

Persephone

Treacherous Bitch
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Ava Cassadine
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Weather Elemental, Animal Control/Communication, Enhanced Senses and Strength
They had both found their completion, John collapsing next to Ava before pulling her close against his damp, naked body. Ava found the crook of his neck and nestled her head there, sighing out with satisfaction. For the first time since arriving in Paris, she could feel herself relaxing. The dull headache that plagued her for days was gone, the irritation that coursed through her veins when she had snapped at John was gone. She actually felt normal. Ava didn't question it because quite frankly, she had already wasted days in Paris inside her own head when she should have been enjoying them with her King.

John: "Did you mention something about crepes?"

"Hmm?"

Snapping out of her thoughts, Ava tilted her head up to see John's beaming smile. She laughed softly.

"Among other things."

John: "I probably need a shower first though."

Ava wrinkled her nose playfully.

"Yeah...you kind of stink."

Pushing him playfully before sitting up, Ava leaned down and gave him a small peck on the lips before climbing out of bed.

"Hurry up, I have a reservation for us at a very exclusive dining spot i've been meaning to go back to."

As John showered, Ava got dressed in a lace black dress before slipping on some nude strappy heels and spritzing a bit of perfume on. Finally Ava picked up her phone that had been sitting on the dresser and walked over to the small arm chair near the bedroom patio. She had avoided her phone since arriving in Paris, but she knew while John got dressed she should at least see if Hellfire was imploding. Taking a seat and crossing her legs at the knee, Ava began to read the many messages and alert that flooded her phone. Her court had successfully arrived in Japan, prepared to work towards solidifying and building up Tricel even more. Elena had arrived at Hellfire along with her daughter Carolina. Ava rolled her eyes at the thought of how that was playing out, and if they'd even had a Hellfire to go back to once Haleigh saw them. It should have concerned Ava, but she just didn't care. At least not at the moment. She had wasted enough time in Paris emotionally and physically stressing herself out because of Hellfire bullshit, she was going to enjoy the rest of her vacation with John and worry about that cluster fuck once she was back home.

Tucking her phone into her purse, as John entered the room Ava smiled and stood.

"Hey handsome. Ready to go?"

Sparrow

Rising Star
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Elena Estrada
Residence
Colima, Mexico
Missions
The Conservatory

Elena rose, putting Carolina in Cameron's care, a gesture of trust she hoped he recognized - and lived up to. Not that she particularly cared about anything Haleigh might have to say to her, but taking Haleigh away from where she could say something nasty to Carolina was worth the temporary annoyance. Elena followed her down the path. It really was quite a lovely space, if a bit cool for her taste. When they had gone a decent distance, Haleigh finally spoke as they continued to walk.

Haleigh: “I hated you so much back then. Honestly, I still despise you. You’re a self-righteous snob, and a condescending bitch too.”

Elena put a well-manicured hand to her mouth and mimicked a yawn.

"Am I supposed to be hurt? I don't care what you think."

Haleigh: “My mother never approved of me, but she couldn’t stop praising you. And you had Cameron quite entranced — it seems you still do.”

Haleigh stopped, so Elena did as well, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I worked hard back then. And I loved Cameron - there was no magick to it. It's not my fault if you didn't live up to either of their expectations."

This was clearly where Elena was blamed for everything wrong in Haleigh's life, then and now, and how Haleigh's despicable actions were justified. Well, fuck that - they weren't. Elena had discipline and work ethic, not to mention power - and Diana had taken notice. Haleigh spent her time trying to piss her mother off.

Haleigh: “I used to think you had tried to steal him from me, and I did what I did to get back what was rightfully mine.”

Elena visibly scoffed at that.

"Look, I'm sorry the 'boy next door' never gave you a look as a teenager, but the only person who did any stealing here, is you. And I use the term 'person' lightly. You were a spoiled child who didn't want Cameron until you couldn't have him."

Elena's eyes flashed at Haleigh. The idea that Haleigh was playing the spurned woman was rich.

Haleigh: “But it appears he was never mine. After all these years, he’s had me, I’ve given him everything he wanted, but he still seeks you. I see the way he looks at you, I see the child you two made, and I realize my mistake. He was always yours.”

"Well, that we can agree on."

It was Elena's turn to shake her head, incredulous.

"I don't know what you want from me here, Haleigh. Do you think I'll feel sorry for you? It's not easy making 'broken-hearted and scorned' work when you have another man's child in your belly."

But Haleigh was after something else.

Haleigh: “Get him to sign the paperwork, Elena, and he’s all yours again. I’m not trying to be your daughter’s stepmother. She seems nice, or whatever. But I’ve no interest in raising her. I’ll have children of my own to worry about soon.”

Elena counted off on her fingers as she responded.

"One, you will never have any hand in raising my child, married to Cameron or not. Two, whether he signs your papers has very little to do with me or with whether he's mine or not. You know as well as I do that Cameron makes his own decisions."

She laughed ruefully.

"You couldn't even apologize to me when you wanted something."

There was clearly a line Haleigh wouldn't cross, even to get her way. Which was as amusing as the fact that Haleigh seemed to think Cameron would be deterred by something so tiny as a marriage certificate.

Haleigh: “And if we can’t find a way to resolve this amicably, then we’re all going to be in grave danger.”

Elena's eyes narrowed.

"That had better not be a threat."

Elena sighed out, putting a hand to her forehead, turning away from Haleigh for a moment before removing her hand and looking back at her.

"Let me be clear: I have allowed Carolina to come here because I feel she has a right to get to know her father. At the end of the summer, she and I will be returning home. All I care about is that she has a summer full of good memories to take back with her. I did not come here to get revenge on you, as difficult as it might be for you to believe. I'm not stupid, and I haven't forgotten that Cameron cast me aside seven years ago. It would take a lot more than a divorce to make up for that. But...if Cameron asks my opinion, I will give it. Thankfully in your case I don't think it takes much in the way of imagination to ascertain what that opinion would be."

Steel

Mutant Policeman
Birds of Prey
Real Name
John Steele
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Body tranforms into organic steel
The Paris Hotel

As they lay there in bed together, Steel realized that he really was famished. He realized he needed a shower - and feigned hurt when Ava told him he stank.

"It's like a wound right through the heart..."

His hand went melodramatically to his chest.

Ava: "Hurry up, I have a reservation for us at a very exclusive dining spot I've been meaning to go back to."

He accepted one last kiss from her gratefully, then got up and headed to the shower. He was used to showering quickly - at least when he was doing it alone - so it was very little time before he was dressed and ready in black slacks, shirt and jacket.

Ava: "Hey handsome. Ready to go?"

He came back into the bedroom, taken aback by how beautiful Ava looked. It's as if what happened earlier on the balcony had been a dream. He let out a low whistle as he approached her, his hands teasing at the sides of her waist.

"Maybe we should stay in?"

He gave her a boyish smile before his lips moved to her neck.

"I hear the hotel kitchen does a fabulous ratatouille..."

Attachments

Scion

Twisted Metal
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Haleigh Davidoff
Residence
Hellfire New York
Missions
Ability

Haleigh kicked things off by being brutally honest, and it was cathartic.

Elena: Am I supposed to be hurt? I don't care what you think.

Haleigh cracked a smile.

“No, I just wanted to say to your face what I’ll be telling anyone who asks me about you.”

She replied, and then she admitted that while her mother had constantly berating and belittle Haleigh, the former White Queen had frequently praised Elena. And of course she had bewitched Cameron, back then and apparently still now.

Elena: I worked hard back then. And I loved Cameron - there was no magick to it. It's not my fault if you didn't live up to either of their expectations.

“Oh, go fuck yourself, you ignorant cunt.”

She shot back in a flash of fury. She knew Elena was purposely provoking her, though. So she reined herself back in, and tried to go back to neutral. She started off by saying that she used to think Elena had tried to steal from her, and that what she did was justified. Elena cut her off before she could continue.

Elena: Look, I'm sorry the 'boy next door' never gave you a look as a teenager, but the only person who did any stealing here, is you. And I use the term 'person' lightly. You were a spoiled child who didn't want Cameron until you couldn't have him.

Haleigh sniggered.

“Oh he gave me a look. He gave me plenty. But I get it, you’re still salty. Three little words from me, and the father of your child dumped you like you were just some little cabana girl he picked up during spring break in Cancun, just so he could call me his.”

She said, with a fair amount of venom, because she was still pretty pissed about that little ‘expectations’ comment. But this wasn’t what she’d come here for. She had a reason for wanting to talk to Elena, and it wasn’t to catch up with an old enemy. So she switched gears, allowing that Cameron had never really been hers, and that seeing the way he looked at Elena, seeing their little love-child made Haleigh realize her mistake. Which was basically an apology, although Elena was too stupid to understand subtlety.

Elena: I don't know what you want from me here, Haleigh. Do you think I'll feel sorry for you? It's not easy making 'broken-hearted and scorned' work when you have another man's child in your belly.

Haleigh gave Elena a look that said ‘bitch please’.

“I neither need nor want the pity of a judgmental prude.”

She replied with a bored tone, and then she told Elena what she did want from her. For once, their interests were aligned. Elena obviously wanted Cameron. Haleigh wanted a divorce. And she was fairly certain neither of them wanted her to take in part in Carolina’s upbringing.

Elena: One, you will never have any hand in raising my child, married to Cameron or not.

“Yeah, well I’m not the one who put the fucking fairytale stepmother idea in the girl’s head.”

She interjected.

Elena: Two, whether he signs your papers has very little to do with me or with whether he's mine or not. You know as well as I do that Cameron makes his own decisions.

“Sure, but you’ve always been able to get in his head.”

She replied, but Elena just laughed.

Elena: You couldn't even apologize to me when you wanted something.

Haleigh raised an incredulous eyebrow.

“Do you even want an apology, or would you just use it as a platform for your disdain?”

She asked, before telling Elena that if they couldn’t find a way to resolve this amicably, they’d all be in grave danger. Cameron was already giving her nightmares. She suspected it would escalate until he got his way.

Elena: That had better not be a threat.

“I’d call it more of a warning. I mean, he convinced you to bring your kid here, which was a monumentally stupid thing to do, but I was a fool for Cameron for many years, so I can relate, but clearly you haven’t quite apprehended the stakes.”

She clarified, and then Elena felt the need to clarify some things herself. She said she allowed Carolina to come here, but only for the summer, only for a few precious daddy memories. She insisted she didn’t want revenge, but of course she wouldn’t care about that. Despite what Cameron insisted, Haleigh was certain he’d been sneaking off to Mexico to play stuff-the-taco for a while. And if he hadn’t been, she didn’t doubt he was about to start. But at least Elena implied that she’d advise Cameron to agree to the divorce.

“I’d express gratitude, but I’m pretty sure doing so will trigger my morning sickness again. Also, you’re nuttier than a can of Planters if you think he isn’t going to try to keep her here.”

Last edited:

Sparrow

Rising Star
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Elena Estrada
Residence
Colima, Mexico
Missions
The Conservatory

Elena wasn't about to let Haleigh make this out to be her fault. If her mother didn't love her, if Cameron didn't want her all those years they were living under the same roof as teens and she was fucking everything with a dick (some things never changed), she only had herself to blame.

Haleigh: “Oh, go fuck yourself, you ignorant cunt.”

Elena grinned like a cat at that, pleased to garner such a reaction.

Haleigh: “Oh he gave me a look. He gave me plenty. But I get it, you’re still salty. Three little words from me, and the father of your child dumped you like you were just some little cabana girl he picked up during spring break in Cancun, just so he could call me his.”

Elena scoffed. That was all Haleigh was good for, of course, being some man's possession. She leaned forward.

"Well, doesn't seem to want you now, does he?"

She waved a hand in the air.

"There's a reason I never came back here, Haleigh. Why would I want a man who would disrespect me in that fashion? The second he broke off our engagement you were welcome to him. And after all, you should be thanking me: if Cameron had known I was pregnant, he would have dropped everything - and by everything, I mean you - for his family. I let you have him."

Elena found it interesting that Haleigh was trying to make Elena feel sorry for her when Haleigh was carrying another man's child.

Haleigh: “I neither need nor want the pity of a judgement prude.”

"Good, because you won't get it. If you truly loved Cameron, you'd never fuck anyone else."

When Haleigh commented about not wanting to raise Carolina, Elena made sure she knew it would be a cold day in Cabo before Haleigh had anything to do with her child, and Haleigh felt the need to make a dig at her. This is what she got for trying to teach her child to respect her father's wife, even if the woman didn't deserve it.

"You should be so lucky to have one of your children as caring and genuine as my daughter."

Haleigh wanted her to convince Cameron to sign the divorce papers, and Elena insisted that Cameron made his own decisions. He was a big boy. Haleigh then commented how bad it would be for everyone if Cameron didn't sign. Elena didn't like threats.

Haleigh: “I’d call it more of a warning. I mean, he convinced you to bring your kid here, which was a monumentally stupid thing to do, but I was a fool for Cameron for many years, so I can relate.”

"We both know that doing what one has to do isn't always comfortable."

Elena was getting tired of this back and forth, so she leveled with Haleigh: she wasn't here to steal Cameron, they were only going to be around a short time, and it wasn't like Elena was going to tell Cameron NOT to divorce Haleigh.

Haleigh: “I’d express gratitude, but I’m pretty sure doing so will trigger my morning sickness again. Also, you’re nuttier than a can of Planters if you think he isn’t going to try to keep her here.”

Elena looked directly into Haleigh's eyes and smiled.

"The most important thing I learned from your mother was that no man could control me."

The smile faded.

"Oh, by the way, my condolences for your loss."

Fathom

Leviathan
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Heidi Scarborough
Missions
Ability
Omega Class Water Elemental
Hellfire -- The Great Hall

Heidi oversaw the security detail for the arrival of the Estradas, from well before they left their compound in Colima right up until the second they hugged Cameron. It wasn’t too complex. Screen all the personnel involved in the transport for suspicious history, arrange that car that they rode in was armored, ensure there were escort vehicles and that they maintained a distance that wouldn’t alarm their subjects, and so on.

Then the tedious task of tracking their progress while en route. But she did it, without complaint, because her King had asked her to. To say she’d do anything for him would not be an exaggeration. So even though it wasn’t as much fun as when he asked her to hunt someone down and kill for him, she still took care with this task, and took pride in being trusted with it. After all, it was his child.

After they arrived and went off with her King, Heidi went for her usual morning swim, albeit a little later than usual. Still, she enjoyed it, as always. The water was where Heidi was made to be. Too long away from it and she found herself forlorn. So a morning swim was always in order, and often an evening one as well.

Then it was up to the Conservatory for brunch. She had been taking her morning meal in the garden for the past several days. She liked to sit by the pond and wait for her new falcon to return. It may not have been a pet she was used to, given that she normally collected sea creatures, but her friend Daniel had given her the bird, and it seemed to quite enjoy visiting with her. Heidi made sure to always give it some of her meal. The falcon loved salmon as much as Heidi herself.

Today was a little different, though, because as Heidi rose to leave, she noticed the Conservatory was not as empty as usual. She smiled, though, because she was delighted to find who was here. Cameron, Erika, Alek, and Carolina. Now, Alek stuck out of this group like a sore thumb, but Heidi accepted it. Stranger things had happened. Heidi waved her fingers subtly at her King, and then gave a genuine smile to his daughter.

“Carolina, darling, I’m well chuffed you’re here. I have something for you!”

Persephone

Treacherous Bitch
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Ava Cassadine
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Weather Elemental, Animal Control/Communication, Enhanced Senses and Strength
Standing from the chair as John came out looking incredibly delicious, Ava perked up a brow and smirked as he came over to her, his hands going to her waist and pulling her in.

John: "Maybe we should stay in?"

Feeling his lips against her neck, she smiled salaciously and considered it for a moment.

"Mmmm..."

John: "I hear the hotel kitchen does a fabulous ratatouille..."

"Is that so?"

She entertained, her hands sliding up his back. But this was a special reservation that she didn't want to miss, so Ava pulled back and gave him a playful kiss.

"Lets go."

Grabbing his hand, Ava lead him out of their suite and the hotel where their town car was waiting for them. The trip didn't take too long, about a half hour outside of Paris and through some of the country side before finally they began to pull up to their destination. She had kept John occupied the entire trip there, making out with him like a school girl in the back of her boyfriends car. But she could feel the car pulling to a stop which made Ava pull away from their kiss and grab his face so he couldn't look out the window.

"NO! Don't you dare look."

She teased with a light laugh.

"Close your eyes."

Once his eyes were close, the driver opened the door for them and Ava helped John step out. After a few threats to him not to peak, and finally going up behind him and putting her hands over his eyes as they made their way inside, Ava's smile was broad seeing that everything was perfectly in place. She could tell John was getting impatient which made Ava chuckle.

"Okay...okay. [removing her hands] Open your eyes."

Once John opened them, he would realize where exactly he was. In front of him was the same luxuriously decorated train car dining area that they had eaten in before, during their ride along the Parisian country side all those years ago. Ava had bough out the entire train for the day so they could go on that ride once again, but this time as King and Queen.

She lifted to her toes, whispering in John's ear with a smile.

"Happy birthday, baby."

Scion

Twisted Metal
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Haleigh Davidoff
Residence
Hellfire New York
Missions
Ability

Elena: Well, doesn't seem to want you now, does he?

“You wish.”

Haleigh retorted with a smirk. Elena went on to say there was a reason she’d never come back, that Haleigh should be thanking her because she let Haleigh have him. Haleigh turned the sarcasm up to eleven.

“Oh yes, Elena, thank you so much, you know if you hadn’t run away to Daddy to cry your little heart out, I wouldn’t be filing for divorce.”

She replied, and then she went on to say that she had been mistaken, because lately she’d come to find out that Cameron was never really hers. Elena missed the whole damn point, and suggested Haleigh wanted her to feel sorry for Haleigh, to which Haleigh corrected her, because she definitely didn’t need or want the pity of a judgmental prude like Elena.

Elena: Good, because you won't get it. If you truly loved Cameron, you'd never fuck anyone else.

Now that really pissed Haleigh off. She was getting extra tired of people always having shit to say about her open marriage. Everybody seemed to blame her for it, which was such bullshit, because it hadn’t been her idea, contrary to popular belief. Cameron had wanted it, and she obliged, for she could never deny him anything, but everybody assumed it was her habits they were allowing because she had been branded the slut since basically puberty.

Even that wasn’t her fault. She had been totally faithful to Zach, until her mother had coerced her into doing the dads, and then her reputation went off the rails. Not that she gave a damn what anybody thought about her, but still, it vexed her to have to hear these kind of things. Not just from contemptuous Elena, which could be expected, but also from her own sister Queens as well. And she saw the looks she got from everyone now, because it was no secret her twins came from different fathers. At least when it came to Elena she could return fire.

“And if you truly loved Cameron, you’d never have kept his child from him for seven years, so how about you go fuck the high horse you rode in on?”

Speaking of the child, Haleigh made it clear she didn’t have any interest in being a part of its upbringing, an assurance that was supposed to be an olive branch, but Elena just needed to make a comment on that, because of course she didn’t think Haleigh was good enough for her precious spawn. But Haleigh wasn’t the one who gave the girl her stepmother fairytale, and she pointed that out. For some reason, Elena took offense.

Elena: You should be so lucky to have one of your children as caring and genuine as my daughter.

Haleigh snorted at that.

“You aren’t lucky that your kid springs hugs on complete strangers, you’re lucky that I don’t want to hurt her.”

She corrected, and then they went on to talk about getting Cameron to sign the divorce papers, because that was the whole reason Haleigh was putting herself through the torture of talking to Elena. Thankfully Elena stopped being a stubborn elitist long enough to admit she didn’t want Cameron to stay married to Haleigh either.

Haleigh approached the idea of expressing gratitude without saying it directly, which was probably too subtle for a dull tool like Elena. And then she became more direct, warning Elena that Cameron was going to try to keep Carolina here at Hellfire, because she could see that coming from miles away.

Elena: The most important thing I learned from your mother was that no man could control me.

Haleigh felt a spike of rage, because that little dig was hitting close to home, now that Haleigh was starting to suspect that Cameron had been exploiting her.

“Yeah, it must be nice, being telepathic. Being born with the ability to resist that kind of manipulation. You know my mother taught me something too. She taught me how to block you people out. She tried to teach me to be wary of Cameron, but I just thought it was because she hated men so much, so I ignored that little lesson.”

She scoffed at herself.

“When we’re young we think we know everything. Some of us grow out of that.”

She added, giving Elena an accusatory look before her gaze slid over the surrounding garden.

“I’m starting to look back, with a new perspective, on all the lessons my mother tried to teach me before she died. Maybe there’s more there for me to learn.”

Elena: Oh, by the way, my condolences for your loss.

Elena’s smile dropped, but Haleigh’s rose up. She looked back at Elena again, knowing full well that Elena was displeased with the fact that Diana and Helena had been dispatched.

“No congratulations for my win?

Last edited:

Savage

Frenzied Beast
Real Name
Arthur John Savage
Missions
Adirondack Mountains — AJ’s Cabin

Ashley: Get your own. Go catch a rabbit.

AJ smiled to see his Ashley try to resist Eclipse’s puppy eyes. It wasn’t long before she tossed the wolf a bit of ham, asserting that was all she’d get. The wolf gobbled it down, licking the floor for a few seconds afterward, and then she turned and padded out of the bedroom.

AJ was excited about today, and offered his Ashley the options. Mountain lion, or moose. Either way he was going to enjoy it. Every day here at the cabin with his Ashley was like heaven. His Ashley burped as she set her plate down, which made Savage grin.

Ashley: Uh... I want to say we should track that cat.

“You know how I love stalking cats. My Ashley would spoil me.”

He replied, as she rolled onto her side towards him, close enough now that she was touching him again. And she was naked, a fact that was now commanding the vast majority of his attention. What had they been talking about? Oh yes, hunting. She asked if they still had enough deer meat left to wait another day before going after moose. He admired her practicality.

“I am certain the rest of the last haunch can make a hearty stew. I shall put it in the slow cooker before we head out, so that we will have a hot meal ready when we get back this evening.”

He said, and then he looked past her, as Eclipse came trotting back in with a dead rabbit in her jaws. She brought it over to the bed and dropped it right next to Ashley’s back. AJ smiled softly.

“Aww, she brought her Alpha a gift.”

He said, as he leaned over his Ashley to set his plate down on top of hers, and pick up the dead rabbit for Ashley to see, setting it on her hip. It was a good size, with soft fur that might have made good gloves, if Eclipse hadn’t totally shredded the hide during the kill. AJ reached back over Ash, this time to give the rabbit back to his wolf.

“Thank you, but We are full. You may have it. Eat it outside.”

He told her, and she took it from his hand gently before she left. AJ turned back to his Ashley now, one arm still on top of her. His hand found the bare skin of her back to begin petting.

“Just three days and already she respects you. The whole pack does.”

He nuzzled at her neck a bit.

“I should not be surprised, as of course I do as well, as I have since the day I met you, My Ashley.”

He kissed her neck, nipping at it a bit before his lips moved to her shoulder, her collar bone, her breast. There was an urge to rush but he took his time, kissing his way down her side until he stopped to lick the rabbit’s blood from her hip. His hand slid down her waist as he looked up at her.

“We shall hunt the lion. But first I must beg my Alpha’s patience whilst I finish my breakfast.”

He told her as his hand slipped between her knees so that he could lift her leg up onto his shoulder. He dropped his head between her legs and began to feast upon her eagerly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sparrow

Rising Star
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Elena Estrada
Residence
Colima, Mexico
Missions
The Conservatory

Elena didn't have to be able to read her mind to see that she was annoying Haleigh, which is the one thing that made the interaction at all pleasurable. Haleigh, who had the gall to act like Cameron meant anything to her other than as a trophy to win, while she had spent years fucking anything she wanted and currently had another king's baby inside of her.

Haleigh: “And if you truly loved Cameron, you’d never have kept his child from him for seven years, so how about you go fuck the high horse you rode in on?”

Because you probably fucked that too.

"I didn't owe him a damn thing, Haleigh. I didn't marry him."

Haleigh launched into some diatribe about Carolina, and she could just fuck off with that. Haleigh would be lucky to have a daughter like Carolina, and she told her so.

Haleigh: “You aren’t lucky that your kid springs hugs on complete strangers, you’re lucky that I don’t want to hurt her.”

Elena's eyes were piercing, her voice direct.

"It's not luck - you know that if you touched a hair on my child's head, those two in your belly would explode like melons meeting a hammer. Or maybe I'd just let Cameron deal with you."

Elena suspected Cameron would rip his son from Haleigh's belly then leave her mind and body so shattered that Humpty Dumpty could never be put back together again. Haleigh tried another scare tactic, trying to get her to be afraid that Cameron wouldn't allow Carolina to leave. Elena wasn't stupid. Cameron might try. But Malice had taught her well, and the number one lesson was no man could control her.

Haleigh: “Yeah, it must be nice, being telepathic. Being born with the ability to resist that kind of manipulation. You know my mother taught me something too. She taught me how to block you people out. She tried to teach me to be wary of Cameron, but I just thought it was because she hated men so much, so I ignored that little lesson. When we’re young we think we know everything. Some of us grow out of that.”

"And some of us actually spend time learning."

She shook her head.

"Did you really think it would be different with you? That you were so special that Cameron would never leave you, never want anyone else?"

Haleigh: “I’m starting to look back, with a new perspective, on all the lessons my mother tried to teach me before she died. Maybe there’s more there for me to learn.”

"Volumes."

She took that opportunity to coldly offer her condolences. It was clear that Haleigh had no idea what she'd done. She was still the spoiled teenager who was so angry because she didn't get her way. They had taken a well run machine and let chaos in, and now they were paying the price for haste.

Haleigh: “No congratulations for my win?

Elena scoffed.

"That's just it - you think you've won, but are you really better off? Be honest, just between us - isn't there a little part of you that thinks maybe your children would be better off if she was still alive? To protect them? To train them? She was tough on you, but she made you who you are."

Elena took a few steps towards Haleigh as she spoke, her eyes studying Haleigh's face.

"When you thought Cameron was coming here to kill you. When you weren't sure if you could trust that pretty little Knight of yours? She would have made all that go away in a heartbeat."

One way or another.

"It only took five minutes of being here to see that things are unraveling - I barely even had to read anyone's mind to find that out. Do you think Archer Fairchild would have dared try to poison you, kill Ava, if Malice was still the one sitting on the throne?"

The corner of her mouth turned up into a half smile.

"You never had the stomach for power that she had, to accept nothing less than complete loyalty and obedience. You could never rule the way she did."

But Cameron could.

Steel

Mutant Policeman
Birds of Prey
Real Name
John Steele
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Body tranforms into organic steel
The Paris Hotel

Ava was a knockout on her worst day, but on this one she looked particularly gorgeous, and he did his best to talk her into eating lunch in. He even pulled out the name of a vegetarian meal the hotel was particularly known for. But all it got him was half way riled up and a peck on the lips before Ava was pulling him out the door.

Ava: "Lets go."

She wouldn't tell him where they were going, only that it was "some fancy restaurant". She did, however, spend the car ride nearly in his lap, their mouths locked together until they had to pause to breathe. He felt the car slow, so he turned his head to see where they had ending up when Ava chastised him urgently.

Ava: "NO! Don't you dare look."

"Ava..."

He laughed.

"How am I not supposed to look at the restaurant babe?"

Ava: "Close your eyes."

He grumbled a bit but then did as she asked. She was trying to help him out of the car, which would have been a lot easier with his eyes open.

"Is this really necessary?"

She accused him of peeking, which he asserted he absolutely would never do, and then he felt her come up behind him and put her hands over his eyes. Her body touching him like that made him want to take her back to the car and finish what they had started.

"Come on, Ava, let me look."

Ava was nearly giggling with excitement, he could tell, which was adorable and annoying at the same time.

Ava: "Okay...okay. [removing her hands] Open your eyes."

He was expecting some high priced fancy Michelin star restaurant, a gesture that he appreciated but didn't trump in his mind eating ice cream from the carton in bed with her. But when he opened his eyes, he was genuinely speechless he was so taken aback.

"Babe..."

He remembered every detail of this place from the last time he was here, because he had been here with her. Back when he thought she would never look at him as more than her friend slash bodyguard.

Ava: "Happy birthday, baby."

He felt her breath against his neck as she whispered to him, and he turned to face her.

"You remembered."

He was getting a little emotional, that this was for him, for his birthday.

"I can't...I can't believe you did this."

He took her hand in his, her delicate one in his giant mitt.

"Let's sit at the same table."

Valkyrie

War
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Ashley Oldenburg
Missions
Ability
Ability to instill self-doubt, turmoil and intimidation
Adirondack Mountains — AJ’s Cabin

AJ gave her the choice of what they were going to hunt that day, mountain lion or moose. She opted for mountain lion, unless they needed to hunt something more practical to replenish their food stores.

AJ: “You know how I love stalking cats. My Ashley would spoil me.”

"Always."

She'd been a little afraid that choosing the mountain lion would make him angry, reminding him of Liam and the Red Hunt, but he didn't seem to be perturbed by it in the slightest. Hopefully he'd forgotten all about their European visitors.

"I'd hunt earthworms if I could do it with you."

She rolled onto her side to face him, giving him a smile she reserved just for him, and electricity seeming to run through her now that they were touching.

AJ: “I am certain the rest of the last haunch can make a hearty stew. I shall put it in the slow cooker before we head out, so that we will have a hot meal ready when we get back this evening.”

Her smile became a grin.

"You take such good care of me."

The fact was that AJ did know how to cook, especially meat, her favorite food group (next to McDonald's, but there wasn't one here) even though it was a little strange seeing the big wolf wielding a crock pot. AJ's eyes slid over her to the doorway.

AJ: “Aww, she brought her Alpha a gift.”

She started to look, but then AJ was leaning over her which she thought might lead to something promising, but then he was setting a dead rabbit on her hip. It would have made a good addition to the stew, but AJ gave it back to Eclipse. At least he told it to take it outside where they wouldn't have to clean up the parts she didn't eat...

"Who knew wolves were so literal."

But then she was distracted from the she-wolf by AJ's hand stroking her back.

AJ: “Just three days and already she respects you. The whole pack does.”

His teeth were at her neck, and she shivered.

"Are you sure she's not jealous?"

Ashley smirked.

AJ: “I should not be surprised, as of course I do as well, as I have since the day I met you, My Ashley.”

She made a contented sound.

"Tell me about the first time you saw me..."

She giggled as his lips began to move slowly down to her shoulder and southward, his hand also moving in a promising direction. His eyes found her's and her heart skipped a beat, looking into that sea of green and gold.

AJ: “We shall hunt the lion. But first I must beg my Alpha’s patience whilst I finish my breakfast.”

"I thought we said no titles..."

She managed to get out before his head was between her legs, his mouth tasting her. She breathed in sharply, her back arching at the sensations that shot through her at his touch. She writhed under him, moaning his name, her hands touching his soft hair. She came hot, the heat spreading through her body as she spasmed. And every time he touched her her body jerked again.

"Arthur...my wolf..."

She reached for him, trying to pull him up to her.

"Take me...have me...I need you..."

Prophet

White King
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Cameron King
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Telepathy, Psionic, Telekinetic, Empathy, Flash Premonition
The Convservatory

It was awkward as anticipated, but Cameron did get a bit of perverse pleasure in seeing Haleigh try to interact with his daughter. Part of him wondered if Carolina had done it on purpose, but he knew she was too pure for that. She was simply doing what any child did - accept reality as it was presented to her. Well what any child raised outside of Hellfire would do. As Elena and Haleigh moved to the side, Cameron was left with Carolina, his mind firmly with Elena, wanting to hear every word.

Carolina: "Are they mad at each other?"

"Eh, adults are complicated. It's best not to worry. But if we are ever going to find that unicorn, we're going to have to do some detective work! Come on, I think I saw some hoof prints over there by the lillies!"

Carolina: "I think I did too! Let's go daddy!"

She grabbed him by the hand and his heart swelled as Cameron steered them a safe distance away from their words. Though if she were a telepath like her parents, it would be in vain, but something told him her powers were different. Surely she would have shown signs by now, like he had.

Carolina: "It's here! It's right here!"

Scion said:
"My mother never approved of me, but she couldn't stop praising you. And you had Cameron quite entranced - it seems you still do. I used to think you had tried to steal him from me, and I did what I did to get back what was rightfully mine. But it appears he was never mine. After all these years, he's had me, I've given him everything he wanted, but he still seeks you. I see the way he looks at you, I see the child you two made, and I realize my mistake. He was always yours."
The words cut him like a knife, but he couldn't blame her. Cameron and Haleigh's parents had mindfucked them to the point that Hellfire would always be a part of their decision making process. This last weekend had left Cameron wondering if he had loved Haleigh as much as he did because he truly felt that way, or if he knew it was his path to power. Hellfire informed a lot of his decisions. But when he looked back, he knew that he did love her. To hear her speak so coldly about them spoke volumes.

"I was just her escape. Her "Alek"..."

He began to get angry.

Sparrow said:
Elena: "Am I supposed to be hurt? I don't care what you think. I worked hard back then. And I loved Cameron - there was no magick to it. It's not my fault if you didn't liive up to either of their expectations. Look, I'm sorry the boy next door never gave you a look as a teenager, but the only person who did any stealing here, is you. And I use the term person lightly. You were a spoiled child who didn't want Cameron until you couldn't have him."
He had hurt her so greatly. It would have been so easy for her to have stayed in Mexico and never looked back, or come back on some kind of path of revenge. She would be well deserved. But she wasn't throwing him under the bus like his own wife was doing. It triggered something in him, deepening his already confusing feelings for Elena.

Seer said:
But Haleigh was after something else.

Haleigh: “Get him to sign the paperwork, Elena, and he’s all yours again. I’m not trying to be your daughter’s stepmother. She seems nice, or whatever. But I’ve no interest in raising her. I’ll have children of my own to worry about soon.”

Elena counted off on her fingers as she responded.

"One, you will never have any hand in raising my child, married to Cameron or not. Two, whether he signs your papers has very little to do with me or with whether he's mine or not. You know as well as I do that Cameron makes his own decisions."

She laughed ruefully.

"You couldn't even apologize to me when you wanted something."

There was clearly a line Haleigh wouldn't cross, even to get her way. Which was as amusing as the fact that Haleigh seemed to think Cameron would be deterred by something so tiny as a marriage certificate.

Haleigh: “And if we can’t find a way to resolve this amicably, then we’re all going to be in grave danger.”

Elena's eyes narrowed.

"That had better not be a threat."

Elena sighed out, putting a hand to her forehead, turning away from Haleigh for a moment before removing her hand and looking back at her.

"Let me be clear: I have allowed Carolina to come here because I feel she has a right to get to know her father. At the end of the summer, she and I will be returning home. All I care about is that she has a summer full of good memories to take back with her. I did not come here to get revenge on you, as difficult as it might be for you to believe. I'm not stupid, and I haven't forgotten that Cameron cast me aside seven years ago. It would take a lot more than a divorce to make up for that. But...if Cameron asks my opinion, I will give it. Thankfully in your case I don't think it takes much in the way of imagination to ascertain what that opinion would be."
Carolina: "Oh my! Is that!? Yep!"

Carolina pressed her face to the ground, looking at something very intently.

Carolina: "We got unicorn poop, folks!"

Cameron was jostled back into reality with a great laugh. There was nothing on the ground, but The White King joined her on the ground, knowing the dry cleaning bill he was about to incur for his pants. Wearing black had been a lot easier.

"My god, I think you're right! That means the unicorn has been here recently!"

He said, trying to forget the fact that his wife was trying to get the mother of his child to influence him into signing divorce papers. Haleigh had clearly forgotten that The White King did what the fuck he wanted when he wanted and he wasn't about to be influenced by either of them. Not to mention, their on paper marriage was the only power he had over her in this situation, and he wasn't about to let that go. There was no telling what she would do once the papers were signed.

Seer said:
"There's a reason I never came back here, Haleigh. Why would I want a man who would disrespect me in that fashion? The second he broke off our engagement you were welcome to him. And after all, you should be thanking me: if Cameron had known I was pregnant, he would have dropped everything - and by everything, I mean you - for his family. I let you have him."

Elena found it interesting that Haleigh was trying to make Elena feel sorry for her when Haleigh was carrying another man's child.

Haleigh: “I neither need nor want the pity of a judgement prude.”

"Good, because you won't get it. If you truly loved Cameron, you'd never fuck anyone else."

When Haleigh commented about not wanting to raise Carolina, Elena made sure she knew it would be a cold day in Cabo before Haleigh had anything to do with her child, and Haleigh felt the need to make a dig at her. This is what she got for trying to teach her child to respect her father's wife, even if the woman didn't deserve it.

"You should be so lucky to have one of your children as caring and genuine as my daughter."

Haleigh wanted her to convince Cameron to sign the divorce papers, and Elena insisted that Cameron made his own decisions. He was a big boy. Haleigh then commented how bad it would be for everyone if Cameron didn't sign. Elena didn't like threats.

Haleigh: “I’d call it more of a warning. I mean, he convinced you to bring your kid here, which was a monumentally stupid thing to do, but I was a fool for Cameron for many years, so I can relate.”

"We both know that doing what one has to do isn't always comfortable."

Elena was getting tired of this back and forth, so she leveled with Haleigh: she wasn't here to steal Cameron, they were only going to be around a short time, and it wasn't like Elena was going to tell Cameron NOT to divorce Haleigh.
It was clear that Elena was not a fan of Malice being dead, but she had been gone from Hellfire for the better part of a decade. Her death freed Cameron. It gave him agency. He had grown up in The Black Court, was ruling The White Court. It was easier to make moves, and he had kept his mother safe. It showed that he had a heart, that he valued family and loyalty. Diana's death had cemented his status as the golden boy of Hellfire, but perhaps Elena was right, perhaps he was thinking too narrowly. He had been in survival mode, forgetting the vow he made himself to rule not only Hellfire but the WORLD. And his anger was increasing at Haleigh's continued stance on Carolina.

"Pretty ballsy considering she's forcing my son to share a womb with her LOVER."

The White King gritted his teeth. His wife was getting too big for her britches. He had bared his heart to her, and she had spit on him, and now she was trying to get Elena to serve HER purpose. It seemed like Haleigh wanted to play ball, and Cameron was ready to pitch. It took a twelve hour absence for her to think he wanted her dead, it would be child's play to keep her on her toes and remind her of her place.

Heidi: "Carolina, darling! I'm well chuffed you're here, I have something for you."

As usual, his Knight appeared whenever he needed her the most. Haleigh and Elena's conversation was taking a dark turn and he didn't want Carolina to start her trip off with some kind of physical altercation between her new "family." Carolina perked up at the sound of her voice.

Carolina: Heidi! The mermaid! You're here!!!!"

Carolina darted over to her as Cameron smirked, entering his knight's mind.

[to Heidi] "Things are getting tense here. Please, entertain her for a bit. Show her something fun, just keep her out of danger."

"That's right baby! We've all been waiting for you! Why don't you go spend some time with Heidi? I'm sure she'd love to show you around?! I'll see what I can find about this unicorn and we will circle back around at dinner? How does that sound!?"

But Carolina was too entranced by Heidi's beauty to listen, and Cameron understood that.

Seer said:
Haleigh launched into some diatribe about Carolina, and she could just fuck off with that. Haleigh would be lucky to have a daughter like Carolina, and she told her so.

Haleigh: “You aren’t lucky that your kid springs hugs on complete strangers, you’re lucky that I don’t want to hurt her.”

Elena's eyes were piercing, her voice direct.

"It's not luck - you know that if you touched a hair on my child's head, those two in your belly would explode like melons meeting a hammer. Or maybe I'd just let Cameron deal with you."

Elena suspected Cameron would rip his son from Haleigh's belly then leave her mind and body so shattered that Humpty Dumpty could never be put back together again. Haleigh tried another scare tactic, trying to get her to be afraid that Cameron wouldn't allow Carolina to leave. Elena wasn't stupid. Cameron might try. But Malice had taught her well, and the number one lesson was no man could control her.

Haleigh: “Yeah, it must be nice, being telepathic. Being born with the ability to resist that kind of manipulation. You know my mother taught me something too. She taught me how to block you people out. She tried to teach me to be wary of Cameron, but I just thought it was because she hated men so much, so I ignored that little lesson. When we’re young we think we know everything. Some of us grow out of that.”

"And some of us actually spend time learning."
Cameron growled with anger. If Haleigh did anything to Carolina he would paint the white wing red with both hers and Alek's blood and raise her daughter like Malice raised HER. He would destroy her. Without hesitation. In fact, just hearing her SAY they were lucky she didn't want her hurt at that moment was enough to make him flex a bit of his power signature unintentionally as a red haze appeared around his hand.

Seer said:
Elena scoffed.

"That's just it - you think you've won, but are you really better off? Be honest, just between us - isn't there a little part of you that thinks maybe your children would be better off if she was still alive? To protect them? To train them? She was tough on you, but she made you who you are."

Elena took a few steps towards Haleigh as she spoke, her eyes studying Haleigh's face.

"When you thought Cameron was coming here to kill you. When you weren't sure if you could trust that pretty little Knight of yours? She would have made all that go away in a heartbeat."

One way or another.

"It only took five minutes of being here to see that things are unraveling - I barely even had to read anyone's mind to find that out. Do you think Archer Fairchild would have dared try to poison you, kill Ava, if Malice was still the one sitting on the throne?"

The corner of her mouth turned up into a half smile.

"You never had the stomach for power that she had, to accept nothing less than complete loyalty and obedience. You could never rule the way she did."

But Cameron could.
Cameron smirked. In Mexico she had seemed so porcelain, like some kind of doll. It took an hour at Hellfire for her to settle quite nicely into her dark side, a part of her that Cameron loved. In fact her last sentence and thought had greatly turned him on. He had grown up as the only boy legacy child. He had been a student of Hellfire from birth because he HAD to be. In watching them go back and forth it was pretty clear to see things - Haleigh thought him to be an object, a means to an end, and Elena thought him to be what he was - a KING. In every sense of the word. He had let this conversation carry on for too long. Too many people knew the White Court's problems, and this was not helping as he was sure there were others in The Inner Circle watching and listening in their own way as he noticed Alek and rolled his eyes. Flexing his power, The White King glued Alek to where he was standing with his psi powers, not allowing him to move or act in any way. He still gave him the ability to speak because he was a gracious king, and because Alek's words were the least threatening thing about him. He bridged the gap between his wife and Elena.

"I think this conversation has ran it's course, but it's FAR from over."

[turning to Elena, he spoke softly]

"Carolina has left with Heidi, likely on a tour of the Aqua Ring.."

and he turned to Haleigh, his tone notably more stern.

"You and I need to talk, and PLEASE..."

He flexed his power onto Haleigh now, as she could feel it tensing around her muscles. She WOULD be speaking to him in private whether she liked it or not.

"Don't make this any more difficult than it has to be. Alek will be staying put, and I'll be sure to leave a bowl of water for him in case he gets thirsty."

He would leave Alek paralyzed until they left, and if he decided to follow - well, there weren't many people left in the mansion right now, it would be no problem to get rid of him in whatever fashion he saw fit. The two moved into The White Corridor, into the large circular foyer as Cameron gripped the display table, inhaling and exhaling deeply, trying to reign in his rage as he turned to face her.

"Are you finished fucking with me yet, Haleigh? Or do I need to send a clearer message as to why that's a VERY bad idea for you. Were the dreams not enough?"

He smirked devilishly.

Fathom

Leviathan
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Heidi Scarborough
Missions
Ability
Omega Class Water Elemental

Heidi was infected by Carolina’s childlike exhilaration. She was such a sweet, cute young girl, and she made Heidi feel a bit like the cool aunt. It was a new experience, and rather more thrilling than Heidi expected. She found herself getting a bit attached to the girl, and was surprised at herself.

“Well, I left your gift in my quarters, so we’ll have to go there, if it’s okay with your Father.”

She looked at Cameron with glee. He was all too obliging. Heidi held out her hand for Carolina to take.

“Oh, I do hope you like it. And you’ll get to meet all my pets! How exciting. They’ll love you, I just know it.”

She guided the girl into the mansion, around the corner to the White Hall, past the portraits and white marble statues, and the double doors that led to the White Parlor. Then they were gliding by the opposing quarters belonging to the Bishop and the Rook to arrive at Heidi’s own suite. Heidi wore a brilliant smile as she opened her door to reveal her foyer.

The pets that Heidi had been collecting for years began to emerge from the coral within the tanks to swim near the glass and see their vistors. Each seemed more colorful than the last. Heidi named them as they showed off. There was Gramma, Melanurus, Angel, Mandarin, and Cuttle. Goby and Pistol peeked out from a little burrow in the sand under the coral, but they darted back into hiding when Spots glided by, or if Coconut lurked near.

Heidi was too excited now, though. She wanted to give Carolina her gift, so she led her over to a much smaller aquarium, one that had a stand with wheels. She knelt by Cameron’s daughter as the fish in this tank came out to see them.

“I bet you know who these are already. That’s Dory, and Marlin and Nemo. This tank is for you, sweetheart. The staff will move it into your suite. When your father has to work, perhaps you and your mother and I can go to the store so you can pick out a castle or a sunken ship to add to the tank so they will have something to explore. Would you like to feed them?”

Clara Oswald
Clara Oswald
lol Coconut the Octopus :D