1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hellfire Odyssey: Ravena's world

Discussion in 'The Six' started by Seer, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Seer

Missions:
    Ahadi- Palace Complex

<< The Inner Circle were settling in to the plush comforts offered by Lord Ravena in his utopian domain.>>

<< Even his strongest skeptics among the traveling Inner Circle were being forced to rethink some of their perceptions about him as they now saw what resources he commanded.>>

<< Their first night in the beautiful land of Ahadi was truly a whirlwind experience, but if there's one thing Malice has ALWAYS promoted, it's that they should PLAY as hard as they work. >>

<< Each of them found their space and reveled in it, while Malice and Ravena handled one bit of business back in the states, teaching Bishop a lesson he wouldn't forget anytime soon.>>

<< Satisfied that the rabble had been left in a less than sound state of mind, Malice allowed herself to be swept away by Ravena, and proved once again, she was there, and READY for what he had to offer.>>

<< The night was endless, but new adventures and wonders lay ahead of them on Day 2 of this FIRST stop on the Hellfire Odyssey.>>

<< while Lord Ravena was making final preparations to begin the day for the visiting Inner Circle, Malice made the rounds, checking on Fathom, Alice and Viper. The improvement in Viper's temper and her positive response to her surroundings was noted. Alice had done a remarkable job, and the people here not only gave Alice a heroine's welcome, but regarded Viper as the goddess she always believed she was. Malice's last stop was Scion's quarters, for a little talk.>>

<< Enchantrah and Mystique, along with Talisman and Enchantrah, were already aware that they were to join the others in advance of the White King's announcement.>>

2. Lord Ravena

Lord Ravena Lord of the Undead Hellfire Club

Ability:
    Magick, Vampirism
    Missions:
    Lord Ravena greeted Malice in the morning, just something nice, for goodness' sake it is not always groping and stroking!

As she made her way around, he went on his own way, walking to the first of his morning audiences. No one was the wiser; this person cherished privacy and he would brook no wagging tongues or jealousy. A spell kept him from prying eyes and minds as he floated down the hallway to Amanda's suite. The door yielded without his touch and he spoke in a soft, caring, even comforting tone.

Rise, child.

Amanda rose in her own way, and he was unperturbed by her getting her surroundings or the fact that she regarded him - HERE- rather cautiously. He spoke again.

PEACE, Knight. I am here because these surroundings afford me an opportunity to speak with you privately.

He walks in and then turns to face her. She was very beautiful, her features a perfect cherry atop the dessert that was her lithe frame. With a smile, he continued.

I have observed you in service of your Queen and in your day-to-day interactions at the Hellfire Club and I want you to know that your professionalism has not gone unnoticed by me, nor has your thirst for knowledge and love of books. I hope you will accept a token of my regard for you and a small attempt to make your days easier, if I may.

Lord Ravena hands Amanda a satin black ultrathin tablet. On the back, engraved in a thin layer of the finest Onyx, was the name CODEX COBRA in perfect shining calligraphy. As she examined it, Amanda would find that it was an notebook of the highest order and quality, ultrafast and so light it was nearly weightless in her hand. She noticed that it had the catalogues of the 19 largest libraries in the world and, as she selected an item she had been interested in, a tab came up that said, "MANUSCRIPT MODE?" She pressed "YES" and the tablet vibrated once as hard-light projections embedded in the tablet itself FORMED THE BOOK IN HER HANDS. The heft, feel and sound of the pages was indistinguishable to the real thing. Even with her heightened senses she was utterly fooled and wondered if this was some magic trick of his. He smiled as she selected several different books from different indices and each time, the tablet BECAME the book. Lord Ravena nodded and spoke.

The thing that I like about you is that your love of books shows you still value the old even as you reach to the new. Hopefully this item will feed your thirst for knowledge, and I hope that you like it.

Lord Ravena bowed low to the remade metahuman...

Black Widow and Carol Peletier like this.
  3. Malice

Malice The White Queen The Sisterhood

Name:
    Diana
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Telepathy, Psi Lightning, Psychic reflection, Transiamorphic diamond form, Deflection
    Missions:
    Ahadi- Palace Complex- Scion's quarters

:: Malice makes her way through the palace, to check on members of her White Court.::

:: Her first stop was Heidi, the water elemental had fast become the apple of Malice's eye, even when her former companions at the London branch had "slept" on her, Diana, who had been aware of her for sometime, knew she could be SO MUCH MORE in the New York Branch. It must have been a source of dismay for that upstart, Domino, to see that a casualty of her reindeer games had been granted a SECOND CHANCE, one that Heidi was showing she was not wasting.::

:: She then moved on to Alice, and Viper. The thought had crossed her mind to have Alice LEAVE Viper here, since the girl seemed to be enjoying all the wonder that was being heaped upon her, but she knew that Viper's point of interest was the Arklay Mansion replica.::

:: Alice, for the first time since perhaps...the day she'd gotten her first make over from Kristen Pratt...looked at ease. The change of scenery had done the geneticist some good, and there was so much more to come.::

:: She moved on, finally reaching Scion's quarters, and entering. She stared at her daughter for more than a few moments, with her arms folded::

::She had to remind herself that this was a "getaway." She KNEW that Helena and Kelly would've been happier if Scion had been left behind. Malice HERSELF would have preferred that, but she was not about to let the White Princess run amok in the Hellfire Mansion, indulging in her lustful, and twisted obsession with Alek. The Red and White Queen BOTH wanted her OUT of the Red Court's affairs, and this was the easiest way to make it happen. ::

The flatscan has been taught a lesson he won't soon forget.

:: She declares::

And if there is a NEXT TIME? I expect you to PROVE that what you said about the "right to kill Bishop and Delilah should be yours." No more GAMES, Scion. Otherwise, I'll have FATHOM and NOGITSUNE deal with them.

:: Whatever mental resilience she'd gained from her time with Malice, there was no way the hybrid knew what MALICE knew about the mind and emotions, how they worked, and how to "read" a person on a variety of levels.::

:: She knew that Haleigh was "kicking the can down the roard" where MorningStar was concerned, and also Bishop. She'd dispose of Bishop for any number of reasons, but the fact that she hadn't done it ALREADY was all that mattered to Diana at this point.::

:: The man was a fool, and woefully uninformed. He didn't know just how much he could lose, but Malice showed him. If he tried her or anyone in the Inner Circle again, and Haleigh didn't do her duty? Malice would remove all hope of control Haleigh hoped to have in that situation, and THEN? She would SUFFER for it.::

Black Widow and Persephone like this.
  4. Cobra Black Knight Hellfire Club

Name:
    Amanda Soto
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Mutagenic Physiology
    Missions:
    The Next Morning

:: It had been an interesting night for Cobra as she dipped her fang into a pool she had long withheld from. She perused the flesh of the many willing to please her, as if they were her own concubines and she was the queen of some hedonistic cabal. Amanda did not go as far as Talisman was perhaps suggesting, but it had been a worthwhile encounter. In her old life, she had long been disconnected from her body, in fact she tried to escape it many times through drugs and intentional overdoses. Her body had been used by men and women alike, through her own consent and sometimes without it. It was simply a delivery system of her next high. Now? She had sensation. She felt pleasure..the goosebumps on her thigh, the sensation of her breasts as they were held and worshipped. It was lovely, but she stopped herself before it went too far. While Amanda's predelictions had been bred out of her body, she refused to become a shell. When she gave away the sacred power in her womb, it would be because she TRULY wanted to do it. It would not be because she was told to lighten up, it would not be some form of sexual espionage. ::

:: Her pride and self worth did not remove the desire to please herself when she returned back to her suite. Under the cover of darkness from her large bed and silk sheets, she gave into the night, learning her new body, comparing it to the thinks that gave her pleasure from before. ::

:: Normally an early riser, Cobra took this vacation as one of the few times that she would be able to sleep in..so she DID. ::

Lord Ravena: "Rise, child."

:: Perfectly relaxed and lost in dream world, her animalistic senses alerted her to something in her room. Being the cold blooded creature that she was, she was able to sense the coldness of Lord Ravena's aura. Not knowing it was him she SHOT up from her bed in her black silken, thigh length nightgown with a pistol she kept under her pillow, aiming RIGHT at Lord Ravena as she squinted her tired eyes, trying to make out the cold figure next to her on the bed. ::

Lord Ravena: "PEACE, Knight. I am here because these surroundings afford me an opportunity to speak with you privately."

"Oh--White King..Oh, I'm so sorry. Forgive me!"

:: Amanda sat the gun down on the nightstand next to her as she suddenly became aware of her own body She had heard the rumors of what had transpired between Lord Ravena and Persephone. Cobra didn't have the full details, but there was a part of her that cautious. She adjusted the strap on her nightgown and made her hair more presentable. ::

"What's on your mind, Lord Ravena?"

Lord Ravena: "I have observed you in service of your Queen and in your day-to-day interactions at the Hellfire Club and I want you to know that your professionalism has not gone unnoticed by me, nor has your thirst for knowledge and love of books. I hope you will accept a token of my regard for you and a small attempt to make your days easier, if I may."

:: Cobra swallowed in her throat for a moment. She had been a bit of a lonewolf in The Inner Circle. Most people left her alone unless she initiated conversation. And now The White King was in her room offering a taken of his regard for her. She wondered if this was a test. Did Diana know that he was here? Would she approve of this? Was he going to give her his body? Had this been what Talisman meant? A million thoughts crossed her mind, but she knew one thing, she WOULD shirk the White King to please the White QUEEN, even in his own country. She wasn't stupid. Thankfully, Lord Ravena produced a gift. ::

:: The White King handed her what appeared to be a tablet, but a rather fancy one. It was named "CODEX COBRA". It was sleek and pretty impressive..and fast as she navigated through the home screens quickly, she noticed catalogues that held the largest libraries in the world in their contents. ::

"Oh wow. First edition of Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie? It's one of the first examples of postcolonial...and post modern literature!"

>>MANUSCRIPT MODE?

>>YES

:: As soon she tapped the button on the screen the tablet morphed in her hand into what appeared to be a hard cody of the book, and a well worn one at that. It felt like that this book had belonged to somebody, and you borrowing it was an intimate interaction. Amanda was impressed. She tried it with several other options, even taking a look at her precious Lolita in it's original color. But she had to reign it in. Reigning her joy in had become the focal point of her trip. She looked up at Ravena, her snake like eyes, even in their natural state, and smiled. ::

"Lord. This is...[sighing] well..it's spetacular! But really..it isn't necessary. The success of your court is the success of our court. I'm simply attempting to maintain balance and quiet strength."

:: She lied convincingly. ::

Lord Ravena: "The thing that I like about you is that your love of books you still value the old even as you reach to the new. Hopefully this item will feed your thirst for knowledge, and I hope that you like it."

:: Cobra pondered for a moment the implications of accepting a gift like this from The White King. Talisman might be a little cross, but then again, she could likely and equally be offended if she didn't accept it. Accepting it was just as much of a mixed big with The White Queen. Would it please her? Or was it not appropriate. Amanda marveled at the object in front of her, and decided in that moment that she was going to do what SHE wanted, and she kept it. She had no ill intentions and if she had, they would have been sniffed out and neutralized by now. ::

:: Smiling warmly. ::

"Thank you White King. It is truly a meaningful gift. I suspected you might have been a bit of a bookworm "yourself"?"

[pausing for a moment]

"And speaking of valueing the old and new, I'm left to wonder, if it is not inappropriate. If this is a man's old [his nation], what in creation could possibly be his NEW [hellfire]? I sense the sisterhood somewhat uncomfortable with the level of adoration you have here. I myself have wondered how could a man possibly encapsulate this many people? And when I think of that...I wonder, what would a man like you not have? And what could he possibly be trying to get."

:: Her eyes flickered away for a moment in a fast and snake like manner. ::

"I hope I do not offend. I am not attempting to cast doubt against you. I'm just a very curious person. Being here..it makes me wonder what kind of world you envision that is greater than the one you've already created?"

:: The Black Knight asked, being a bit risky with her words. The White Court was too strong to not ally with. And if Talisman was not going to make more of an attempt, Amanda felt as if it rested in her hands. Having Ravena's support could very much help Talisman and The Black Court's future. Plus, there was something a little "archetype" about him, and Cobra was curious what might be in the pages of his next chapters. She awaited his answer. ::

Carol Peletier: i enjoy reading her....ironic, considering how phobic I am about snakes lol!
    Carol Peletier and Black Widow like this.
  5. Lord Ravena

Ability:
    Magick, Vampirism
    Missions:
    The child was as thoughtful as she was beautiful. He could see her weighing the political implications of accepting the gift, but he saw the original GLEE when she saw what Ahadian technology could bring her. She kept it and Lord Ravena smiled widely as he rose from his bow.

The level of adoration that I have here was engendered over generations of benevolent and forward-thinking rule. I could rule SOLELY by might, but in time I have found that while my subjects are indeed aware of the cost of crossing one such as myself, they are safe and as free as anywhere in the world. Why would they not love the fact that I give them so much for the loyalty I could simply demand?

Lord Ravena took his full height and held out his hand. A 3-D globe appeared.

So we are happy and mighty here, and few will cross us. But there are some who might. And so I resolved decades earlier to return to the greater world, to protect my people by changing the forces with which they must deal. That guides many of my moves, including how we may all assist one another. Even the Hellfire Club can use a land with natural and technological resources. Similarly, I can assist OUR club to make the world safer for those with whom I wish to ally with, including my own people.

Ahadi lit up a tiny part of the African continent on the globe. Some other parts of the globe glowed faintly a color similar in shade to Ahadi but lighter.

And so the new world is to be one who recognizes, respects and, if needed, fears my land. And I can uphold the voluntary compact long made with these people. Because that parade you saw? That was VOLUNTARY. I never ask for it or expect it. And FEAR will not EVER get you that. But LEADERSHIP will. So I resolve to lead.

The White King made his way towards the door, turning around one final time.

And in the future, I may bite, but not for well-prepared questions. You have nothing to fear from me in regards to your curiosity. I hope we will speak more often going forward. We may not be the same COURT, but we are the same CLUB. Besides, I think you might find interesting what some of the people you read about have actually had to say. Perhaps, if you ask nicely, I will tell you. Until we see one another again, Knight. Siku Njema.

The parting words spoken in Swahili as he faded from view, leaving the Black Knight to her thoughts and modesty.

Carol Peletier and Black Widow like this.
  6. Cobra Black Knight Hellfire Club

Name:
    Amanda Soto
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Mutagenic Physiology
    Missions:
    Ahadi Palace - Cobra's Room

Lord Ravena: "The level of adoration that I have here was engendered over generations of benevolent and forward-thinking rule. I could rule SOLELY by might, but in time I have found that while my sbjects are indeed aware of the cost of crossing one such as myself, they are safe and as free as anywhere in the world. Why would they not love the fact that I give them so much for the loyalty I could simply demand."

:: If she hadn't felt like she was in a book before, she certainly was now! She was receiving insight as to how a KING ruled their NATION. It was a bit exhilirating. The air she was breathing was rare and she knew, and with her new and passionate intellect, for the first time in her life, she could see herself as a rightful heir to this air. ::

"Well, I suppose that much is true. But if the books I've read have taught me anything it is that there is always somebody willing to revolt. Refusing to give into even the slightest requests."

Lord Ravena: "And so the new world is to be one who recognizes, respects and, if needed, fears my land. And I can uphold the voluntary compact long made with these people. Because that parade you saw? That was VOLUNTARY. I never ask for it or expect. And FEAR will not EVER get you that. But LEADERSHIP will. So I resolved to lead."

:: Amanda looked at him seriously and curiously. ::

"Perhaps you cannot attain that kind of leadership without a certain level of fear. Food for thought."

Lord Ravena: "And in the future, I may bite, but not for well-prepared questions. You have nothing to fear from me in regards to curiousity. I hope we will speak more often going forward. We may not be the same COURT, but we are the same CLUB. Besides, I think you might find interesting what some of the people you read about have actually had to say. Perhaps, if you ask nicely, I will tell you."

"Oh you incorrigable tease."

:: Amanda stuck her tongue out at Ravena. ::

"I do not fear you, Lord Ravena. Though perhaps I should. Should you require my ear, I shall listen. And vice versa. I know that this transition is not easy..and your words help me understand the neccessity of inter court relations. I will play my part. Forgive me now, if that includes a few questions."

Lord Ravena: Until we see one another again, Knight. Siku Njema."

:: Cobra nodded as he was gone from her room. The trip was proving more than interesting and after a bit of an awakening last night, and this encounter from Ravena, she couldn't help but wonder if the showerhead had as much power as she suspected it might. The day continues. ::

7. Black Widow

Scion White Queen Hellfire Club

Name:
    Haleigh Davidoff
    Residence:
    Hellfire New York
    Ability:
    Earth Elemental; Technokinesis; Strength, Resilience, and Immunity due to the TO virus
    Missions:
    Ahadi Palace-- Scion's Quarters

Haleigh appeared to be staring out the window blankly. She was almost finished memorizing the network here, after spending all night exploring it. The way this country was setup, the way it was operated, was truly amazing. It was a paragon of the way things should be. Or was it?

Upon first arrival, their reception had been reminiscent of the parade that New York had organized for the Avengers after that whole Loki nightmare. Haleigh had been skeptical of their welcoming committee. Her first thought had been to assume she was looking at hundreds of thousands of vampire thralls. Further inspection of the situation here and Haleigh had realized that it was highly likely that Rave's people were genuinely happy to see him again.

Based on their quality of life, it didn't seem at all strange that they would idolize Lord Ravena. And still, it didn't seem quite right. Lord Ravena was the White King of Hellfire. How could the man who consorted with her mother ALSO be a benevolent leader of a utopia such as this? How could the man who forced his will on Ava be anything less than a dictator? The equation did not seem solvable.

Diana came in without so much as a knock first, interrupting Haleigh's train of thought. Haleigh turned from the window to look at her mother, who was staring at her coldly. Haleigh met that stare with a steely gaze.

"So, how'd it go with Max?"

She asked nonchalantly. There was a long pause before her mother deigned to answer.

Diana: The flatscan has been taught a lesson he won't soon forget.

"I'm sure that was a real challenge for you."

Haleigh deadpanned.

Diana: And if there is a NEXT TIME? I expect you to PROVE that what you said about the 'right to kill Bishop and Delilah should be yours'.

"Is that NOT what I offered to prove YESTERDAY??"

Diana: No more GAMES, Scion. Otherwise, I'll have FATHOM and NOGITSUNE deal with them.

Haleigh chuckled softly, leaving the window in the direction of the sofa.

"If you want to sacrifice Heidi or Emiko to the Six and their assortment of allies, go right ahead. I'M not the one playing games here. I nearly killed Bishop yesterday, even under magnetic suppression. He only survived because he pulled a knife in a fist fight."

She replied placidly, as she reclined back and put her feet up on the coffee table.

"Does he know he failed to take my life?"

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    Persephone and Clara Oswald like this.
  8. Malice

Name:
    Diana
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Telepathy, Psi Lightning, Psychic reflection, Transiamorphic diamond form, Deflection
    Missions:

:: Malice eyed her daughter as she responded.Maybe Kelly's approach would have been better, maybe she should've destroyed Scion when she was an embryo, or DROWNED her when she was an infant.::

The only "challenge," was to deliver an object lesson that a simple minded dullard like Maxim would understand, even on an unconscious level.

He obviously doesn't fear YOU. No amount of physical violence you could dish out would be enough to deter him...and the two of you have some pathetic "connection" now. If that straight laced fool MorningStar knew just how deep it ran, she'd be as disgusted with you as she was with Alison and Morgan.

:: She smirks as she recalls the look in Bishop's eye when he realized what she'd done to him. At that moment, Malice "shares" with Haleigh just what she did to Bishop via psionic projection, from the moment Ravena created the supernatural cloud burst that drove him to find shelter, to the moment Malice subjected him to the first grotesque telepathic illusion, to the moment she TOOK AWAY all knowledge, memory and emotional connection associated with Alexia Morganna, and then SMASHED the holoempathic crystal that Ororo had gifted him with.::

Even a person who claims they have nothing to lose, can be deconstructed, and assaulted on a level beyond their ability to defend against. He learned THAT tonight, A lesson YOU wouldn't know how to teach.

:: Haleigh sees Malice assault Bishop with a PSI Shock, a psychic attack that was a step DOWN from the Psycho Blast.::

:: The moved on to the topic of killing Delilah and Bishop::

What you offered was NONSENSE. Letting him go UNPUNISHED? Worrying about What the Six would think, feel or do...over HIM? As if ANY of them cares about HIM.

:: Diana rebuked with the strength of crashing thunder::

You didn't even TRY to send a thought call for HELP when you were being DOMINATED by that knuckle dragging lout. His elaborate trap didn't prevent you from accessing the psi path I established! Which makes me wonder if there's MORE to the story than what you told me.

Perhaps a PSI PROBE is necessary?

:: It was only an ILLUSION of choice, but she wanted Haleigh to remember, in case she'd forgotten, with all the nonsense she'd wrapped herself up in regarding Alek and Persephone, that she knew more than ANY of them dared suspect.::

FATHOM'S first showing against the Birds of Prey was far more productive than YOUR encounters with Rose. Nogitsune knows how to take direction, and EXCEED expectation, with a dash of her own flair of....creativity.

While You? You find all sorts of reasons to avoid actually doing what you're supposed to do, and up until NOW, you have been allowed to coast. You seem to be an EXPERT at finding yourself in situations with men....men that you find yourself on your BACK with, and for all of that foolishness and FUCKERY, you have LITTLE to show for it, as if Aleksander has any POWER OR INFLUENCE with Helena OR myself?

You STILL have some deeply hidden HOPE that you will get out of this, that you WON'T have to kill your beloved Six, and their allies.

You hope in VAIN.

When we return from this trip, MorningStar and Bishop will be KILLED on my order. If you refuse, or FAIL?

Well...after the rest of the White Court handles that, YOU will be dealt with.

:: She wasn't kidding. After she used her psi powers to NEUTRALIZE Haleigh's own access to her powers, She would have the White Court gang beat her for an opening act...and then?::

Unlike Helena, I don't simply cast out failures [Ashley]. I....ERASE THEM. YOU should know that by now.

:: She closes in on Haleigh::

And if you think you're only a "body swap" away from getting through this?

THINK AGAIN.

:: THIS is what flipped the switch with Malice regarding Haleigh more than anything else. Her "game playing" and stalling to try and find a way out, to try and PRESERVE the lives of those she was now set against. ::

You'd do well to learn the lesson that I shared with Bishop.

I have MORE than one way to destroy a person, and I can make it last beyond logic and reason.

:: she turns to leave, but upon reaching the door, she turns back to look at Haleigh::

He wonders, but I gave no clear indication that you were alive, only that his actions had now earned him the attention of the Hellfire Club.

But whatever he thinks, whatever he SUSPECTS doesn't MATTER.

We do NOT suffer the arrogance of flatscans. They are to be CRUSHED when they get in our way, is that clear?

:: And on another note::

We will be gathering with Lord Ravena soon. I expect you to be on time, and in your colors.

:: The alternative would be humiliation, and blood shed, HALEIGH's blood.::

:: With that, She SLAMS the doors shut on her way out::

Persephone: Fucking hell she's brutal LOL
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  9. Black Widow

Scion White Queen Hellfire Club

Name:
    Haleigh Davidoff
    Residence:
    Hellfire New York
    Ability:
    Earth Elemental; Technokinesis; Strength, Resilience, and Immunity due to the TO virus
    Missions:

Diana: The only "challenge," was to deliver an object lesson that a simple minded dullard like Maxim would understand, even on an unconscious level.

Haleigh smiled coldly, crossing her legs at the ankle.

Diana: He obviously doesn't fear YOU.

"Bishop doesn't know HOW to fear. He only knows how to fight. I could've told you that, and then you wouldn't have wasted your efforts. But I'm sure you'd just assume I was saying it to save him some trouble, as if I give a flying fuck about HIS struggle. Spoiler alert: I DON'T."

Diana: No amount of physical violence you could dish out would be enough to deter him...and the two of you have some pathetic "connection" now. If that straight laced fool MorningStar knew just how deep it ran, she'd be as disgusted with you as she was with Alison and Morgan.

Haleigh scoffed at that.

"A connection? Don't make me laugh. We fucked once. We fight more often than anything else. We hate each other. Reciprocal attempted murder is not a connection."

She replied in an amused tone. Diana shared the details of her attack on Bishop. It was fairly impressive, even if it netted them no real gain. Bishop didn't care what happened to himself, he only cared about Delilah and Alexia, and now that Malice had threatened them officially, he'd focus on safeguarding them. And if he knew Haleigh'd survived....

Diana: Even a person who claims they have nothing to lose, can be deconstructed, and assaulted on a level beyond their ability to defend against. He learned THAT tonight, A lesson YOU wouldn't know how to teach.

"So, let me get this straight. You can remove a person's memories and emotional attachments.... and yet.... you let me suffer my love for them, every moment of every day. You let me torment myself, trying to cling to the rationalization that will justify EVERYTHING I have done, everything I WILL do. You know why I came here, why I stay, and it makes you angry. Yet you do nothing, when the power to solve the problem is yours alone. Can't you SEE I'm trying? I OFFERED to kill them, but I need TIME--"

Diana: What you offered was NONSENSE. Letting him go UNPUNISHED? Worrying about What the Six would think, feel or do...over HIM? As if ANY of them cares about HIM.

"Killing him AFTER I've built up the strength to withstand his weaponry is NOT letting him go unpunished!"

She shot back hotly.

Diana: You didn't even TRY to send a thought call for HELP when you were being DOMINATED by that knuckle dragging lout.

"Yeah, because you've been incredibly helpful SO FAR."

Haleigh huffed, throwing her hands up. Was it not good enough that Haleigh had survived on her own merit? She hadn't needed help, and even if she had, her mother would've been the last person she asked for it, after what happened following the fight with Rose.

Diana: His elaborate trap didn't prevent you from accessing the psi path I established! Which makes me wonder if there's MORE to the story than what you told me. Perhaps a PSI PROBE is necessary?

"Oh, go on then, do it. You think I'm afraid of what you'll find in my head? I'm NOT."

She replied, and then she went on to say that if Malice wanted to sacrifice Heidi or Emiko, Haleigh didn't care.

Diana: FATHOM'S first showing against the Birds of Prey was far more productive than YOUR encounters with Rose.

"My encounter with Rose was a SETUP for failure, you sent me in there with no defense against her ability to rip my soul out of my body. ANYBODY would have failed that test -- but you sent me -- presumably to teach me humility. So let's just stop pretending that the Rose fight was anything more than an exercise in futility for me."

She said, dropping her feet onto the floor and sitting up, as her eyes narrowed.

"And Fathom versus fake-Frost? Hardly qualifies as a showing against the Birds of Prey. First of all, she had help, with Talisman and Domino watching her back. And what happened when the Birds of Prey really turned the battle back on those three? THEY RETREATED. But I'm sure you'll excuse THEIR failure, though you'd NEVER extend me the same courtesy."

Diana: Nogitsune knows how to take direction, and EXCEED expectation, with a dash of her own flair of....creativity.

"Oh sure, she's a cold-hearted killer. Still, if you sent her up against the Six, she'd die. One of us alone cannot take on that group. I don't care how fucked up they are right now. They'll rally, the moment they are under attack. It's what they do."

Diana: You STILL have some deeply hidden HOPE that you will get out of this, that you WON'T have to kill your beloved Six, and their allies. You hope in VAIN.

"No, you're wrong. Perhaps a psi probe IS necessary. Then you'll see for yourself. I've no intent of 'getting out of this'. I just want to get it over with. You could've made me loyal to you, but instead you've made it unbearable for me."

Diana: When we return from this trip, MorningStar and Bishop will be KILLED on my order. If you refuse, or FAIL? Well...after the rest of the White Court handles that, YOU will be dealt with.

"Sounds like fun, can't wait."

Haleigh replied, in a tone that dripped with sarcasm.

Diana: Unlike Helena, I don't simply cast out failures [Ashley]. I....ERASE THEM. YOU should know that by now. And if you think you're only a "body swap" away from getting through this? THINK AGAIN.

Haleigh gave a flippant smile, and said nothing.

Diana: You'd do well to learn the lesson that I shared with Bishop. I have MORE than one way to destroy a person, and I can make it last beyond logic and reason.

Haleigh shrugged, because if Malice was going to destroy her, then that's what was going to happen. Maybe that would be better than continuing to twist on the noose she'd made for herself.

"Does he know he failed to take my life?"

She asked, because she needed to know whether she still had the element of surprise. Diana insisted it didn't matter, and Haleigh just sighed heavily. Of COURSE it mattered. If Bishop knew his last attack wasn't strong enough, then he'd ramp it up next time. There'd be stronger magnets, and now that he'd 'beat' her hand-to-hand, he was probably smart enough to keep the restraints on her while he finished her off.

Diana: We do NOT suffer the arrogance of flatscans. They are to be CRUSHED when they get in our way, is that clear?

"Crystal."

Diana: We will be gathering with Lord Ravena soon. I expect you to be on time, and in your colors.

"As you wish, My Queen."

Clara Oswald: I love this post :)
    Persephone: great response!
  10. Lord Ravena

Ability:
    Magick, Vampirism
    Missions:
    Lord Ravena 'exited' the Cobra's chambers. He could smell her arousal and he smiled. No one was so humble as to not be flattered by attraction. His next visit? To the gathering room where the others filed in quickly after, escorted by their own Ahadian companions for the trip. He stood, waiting for every one to be escorted to their seats. Their escorts stood behind their charge and he stood behind Diana's seat, at the head of the table. Some people may note that they have yet to see him sit, save Malice, who has seen him quite relaxed.

I trust your nights were to your liking? And do not forget, if you need anything, your escorts are empowered to do what needs to be done to keep you happy. In that vein, please enjoy your breakfast meal as we prepare for our morning presentation.

Just as he finished, the roof of the assembly room opened to the sky as servants laid out a feast for breakfast. Fruits, both familiar and less so, juices and water that seemed so clean that it seemed impossible that it was just water, the basics of any American breakfast (bacon, eggs soft scrambled, pancakes, waffles, and many other items that seemed to be placed based on what the person closest normally ate). It was almost unsettling how well they all had been scouted. It was obvious that Lord Ravena took the time to attend to the details.

As they began to eat, the floor began to move up smoothly but not imperceptibly, until the floor fit into the hole made by the opened roof. Now they could see the palace complex, it was massive and to the back all that could be seen was water. As they continued, Lord Ravena FINALLY took a seat and his twin attendants placed a napkin in his lap and made his plate of fruit. They offered to feed him put he held up his hand and they took their places, one behind him and the other behind Diana as the platform began to move again at a solid but manageable pace towards the back of the complex, the waterfront coming into full view over several minutes. As people began to finish, their plates were taken up or refilled as needed until all had their fill.

Once they arrived, the platform settled into a perfectly matched oval overlooking several military advisors in their regalia and accompanied by the security head who had most worked with Heidi. He smiled as he saw her, noting her before setting his face and preparing to speak into a microphone. The entire area they were in could hear him as he spoke. Apparently Ahadi had an amazing integrated audio system.

Salute to the Lion of formerly New Anatolia and now AHADI, the one whose timeless wisdom leads us past all others, the protector of the land and the defender of the least of us, Lord RAVENA!

Suddenly a chorus arose from the entirety of the waterfront, all who heard this greeting.

A-OOO! A-OOO! A-OOO! AAAAAAAHH!

The last syllable was held until Lord Ravena raised his hand in acknowledgement. He spoke with what seemed the same energy, but his voice matched the resonance of that of his advisor. It alone was impressive, but the next few minutes promised to be pretty interesting.

Have you completed your task? What do you have to show me?

The advisor stood tall as he addressed Lord Ravena back immediately.

BEHOLD, my LORD! As you requested, in honor of your Knight and in her name...

Heidi's attendant urges her to rise as he pulls back her seat. She does so, obviously surprised and pleased that all eyes are on her.

In the deep water just a few meters from this part of the waterfront, a ship emerges from beneath the waves unlike anything anyone there had ever seen.

The Ahadian Naval Vessel Prototype HEIDI, the first of the FATHOM class of triple threat ships. It, as you could all see, has submarine capabilities, but once surfaced...it is the finest Destroyer you will find in all the world. Anti-aircraft, anti-sub, anti-mine and missile capabilities, the ability to bombard seacoasts or sink aircraft carriers with its own pair of nuclear-powered rail guns. It is, as far as can be determined, the first submarine/destroyer/littoral ship hybrid. We hope that we have honored you with our presentation in your name and the name of your favored, Lord.

Lord Ravena's face betrayed no emotion. He looked to Heidi and then continued.

Show me what it can do.

Immediately, from the horizon appeared a half dozen missiles, headed for the gathering. The ship fired a pair of missiles that hit their mark, leaving four incoming. Next came the upgraded bofors cannon, laying down fire that captured two more. Finally, there were two remaining and by this time, the pair of railguns fired almost noiselessly, their payloads disintegrating the remaining two targets. This all happened in about 9 seconds to the amazement of nearly everyone but Lord Ravena and his head engineers in attendance. As the dust settled, Lord Ravena finally smiled...MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. By this time, the attendant had already placed a magnum of champagne in Heidi's hand and led her to the side of the vessel. He nodded and Heidi found the word to christen this vessel in her OWN name with a crash of the bottle on the side of the ship! As she did so, Lord Ravena stood and applauded, accompanied by his advisors and the military men in attendance.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    Malice and Black Widow like this.
  11. Malice

Name:
    Diana
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Missions:
    Ahadi Palace- Ravena's Presentation

Unless they are prepared to DROWN Scion....

:: Malice thought with bitterness. Haleigh had told her that she'd made this all UNBEARABLE for her. Malice couldn't help but smirk a bit. THAT was the idea! Wear her down, and then DESTROY her, but not until SHE was used to destroy everything and everyone she'd worked so hard to build something with, or cared about!::

:: They ate, fellowshiped, and enjoyed the palace splendor. Malice was fine with letting things happen. It was actually NICE, not having to orchestrate everything for a change. For HER, THIS was part of the benefit of the trip, not having to be "on top" of everything the whole time. Secretly, at this stage of the trip, this was what mattered to her more than some of the other possibilities.::

:: Malice enjoyed a fresh fruit plate, and endless mimosas, and she watched as the escorts and attendance moved about the smoothly. One even offered to FEED Lord Ravena. Another bizarre thing for Diana to see.::

:: Malice lifted one of her eyebrows. When she was ripped away from her own family at a very young age, and taken to the original Arklay Mansion, everything changed. She'd showed Haleigh what it took for her to SURVIVE, and how she used that to turn EVERYTHING inside that mansion on it's head. Ravena's approach was totally different from her's. He sought to inspire loyalty. SHE required obedience, compliance and competence.::

:: But despite their differences, but she knew the truth, a truth that no one in this entire land knew, apparently.::

:: She knew who he was connected to, and what he was capable of, her soul recognized his, and vice versa. There's was a partnership, and a synergy that few could match, these were among the key reasons why she welcomed him into the New York Branch of the Hellfire Club, and crowned him as her White King.::

:: Together they would do great things, and anyone who tried to interfere, or second guess...would be CRUSHED.::

:: And speaking of being crushed...::

:: Malice herself was truly intrigued!::

:: Not since the days of Mystech's PRIME, when Cassadine Industries was the weapons arm of the organization, and MASTER MOLD had been constructed, had Malice seen such a fine piece of machinery!::

::And just like that, she began to imagine the possibilities. With this ship, and Fathom at the helm of it, they could plan an attack on Minerva's Aerie!::

A fine piece of machinery.

:: She said, as she joined the others in clapping. She looked at Heidi with knowing approval, and then to Lord Ravena.::

Another powerful weapon in the arsenal of the white court, and the Inner Circle.

:: the resources of Ahadi were undeniable, and it was a hidden gem in this world obsessed with globalization. ::

Rampage likes this.
  12. Talisman Pure Apathy The Sisterhood

Name:
    Kelly Shaw
    Residence:
    Unknown
    Ability:
    Omnisight, Mystical Detection, Techno Magick, Weaponry
    Missions:
    Night Into Morning

< Ravena seemed to have endless resources, and Alice was being given a day of celebration for her work with MysTech. Despite Talisman's unwaivering belief in herself, even she had a moment of weakness, wondering what exactly her place in The Inner Circle was? Her evening was one of quiet reflection, sipping on special concoctions of her own creation, infused with renewing herbs that help with clarity and insight. >

"To move with the pendulum or upset it's path?"

< An affiliation with Lord Ravena was obviously beneficial. Since the fall of MysTech in this timeline, the wide reaching government contracts and resources they once possessed had somewhat dwindled. The White King offered a seemingly endless supply of resources. But Talisman couldn't help but be wary. >

"Better the devil that you KNOW..."

< Talisman was a prideful woman and she made no apologies for it. Her work WARRANTED the way she perceived herself, and it felt a bit as if Ravena was attempting to "rescue" them, coming in on his white horse. Hadn't they dealt with ENOUGH men in their collective lives to know that they often meant TROUBLE? Men could not handle power in the same way that a woman could, at least, not for a truly sustainable period of time. They all eventually succumbed to ego, and that was the part that had her worried about Diana. She of all people should KNOW this. So for now, Talisman simply deduced that Diana MUST have had some kind of deep and carnal DIRT on Ravena that would keep him in check. All The Black Queen could do was to maintain her caution, protect their own interests and ENSURE she had a hand in EVERYTHING that was to come, which meant... >

"I might have to rethink my opinion on Alice."

< The Black Queen HAD done her homework on Alice upon meeting her. It was VERY intriguing. Reading the many research and case studies The Hellfire Club maintained, it was almost like watching a paper trail of her OWN work in her native timeline with the T Virus. And the fact that Alice didn't EXIST in her timeline, it made her all the more curious. It was simply a matter of pride for the two of them to work together. The doctor had had her fill of working alongside others only to have them take credit for her work. And Alice seemed so willing to house her work with Ravena without question, she seemed TOO appreciative of The White King's praise. One thing was for certain. They had been talking about foreward movement for quite sometime in Hellfire and now it was HAPPENING, and Talisman wasn't going to NOT have a seat at the table. >

< She slept peacefully in the beautiful environment and in the early morning hours, she sat on her balcony in her vintage black robe, overlooking the continent in all her glory, her cobalt blue eyes seeming to gleam as she used to her omni sight to see the others waking up and going about her days, taking particular note of the interaction between Cobra and Lord Ravena. Amanda had done the right thing, it would have been rude not to accept the gift, but it didn't make Talisman like it any more. Ravena was doing too much, attempting to dazzle them and endear them to him with gifts. While it was a well thought out gift, it was improper. Talisman would have never given Heidi Scarborough such a token of affection without speaking to Diana. To do so otherwise would lend to the idea that she would have devious notions. But they were in Ravena's territory, and Talisman reminded herself of that as she pulled her enchanted vintage Versace compact out of her vanity, a nice find in the NYC vintage scene, opened it and pressed the puff to her face as her power signature flickered around her for a moment as her form flickered, shifting into something more appropriate for the day's events, her hair slicked back into a high and edgy slick ponytail. >

[/i]"If I'm going to be treated like royalty, I'm certainly going to dress the part."[/i]

< Making her way out of her chambers, heading towards the assembly room as she was joined by her Black Knight. Kelly nodded and smirked at the mutate as Cobra's arm extended for her to hold on to as they walked. >

"Good Morning, Cobra. Read any good books lately?"

< She watched Cobra's somewhat nervous face as Kelly let the knight know she had SEEN the interaction between her and The White King. >

"I'm teasing, Cobra. It was a thoughtful gift. Come, let's not be late."

< They made their way to the assembly room where they were served breakfast. Kelly ate a bit of lean protein and some starch before delving right back into the hemlock. She had little need for food and those who enjoyed it too much. The floor began to shift around them as the muscles in Talisman's neck tensed for a moment until she realized that this was part of the show. They were on the roof, over looking the beautiful waterline, in front of some important military figures. Kelly exhaled, realizing that another, more lavish gift was about to be revealed. >

< She watched their fan fare with curious amusement. Talisman preferred her "gnomes" and androids over hordes of joyous people. They did as they were told because they had no other choice. No other purpose. Just to fullfill a function and await another task. To see this kind of adoration, it unsettled her. Surely..there HAD to be those in the crowd that were displeased with their King and the state of him. Surely, in the darkest of alleys, in the deepest of parts, there HAD to be somebody speaking of revolution. What kind of society would this be without it? The Black Queen leaned forward in her chair. >

< The ship was impressive, that was to be sure. Perfectly crafted, as Talisman used her power to glean it's exact capabilities and specifications. Heidi would no doubt be licking the asshole of both Ravena and Diana for quite some time with a gift like this, though secretly she had visions of Scion comandeering the vessel just to mess with her. Talisman caught Diana's look in the crowd for a moment. She seemed impressed..in fact she looked as if she was hopeful. For the future. For what this vessel represented, and Talisman once again felt a moment of uncertainty. Why couldn't she share this excitement. What exactly was it about Ravena and this place that made her not trust it completely? >

< The defenses and offensive ability of the ship were enthralling, to those not well versed in the kind of technology the ship possessed. She watched as Heidi christened the boat as she turned to Cobra with an amused smirk and laugh. >

"Sure as hell beats an enchanted Kindle, eh?"

< Kelly laughed loudly, swigging her hemlock, her gaze once again on Malice, trying to see ANY indication that she might be uncomfortable, that this whole scenario might not please her. Like always, Diana remained completely contained, no hint of any kind as to what she was thinking. >

< Talisman clapped as the ship was christened, hoping that her own had yet to sail. >

"The day continues..."

< Her eyes ventured to her hands. At least her manicure was holding up. >

13. Fathom

Fathom White Knight Hellfire Club

Name:
    Heidi Scarborough
    Residence:
    Leviathan
    Ability:
    Omega Class Water Elemental
    Missions:
    Ahadi -- the Gathering Room

After her morning swim, Heidi got dressed for breakfast in one of the flowing skirts and fitted tops that Ravena's tailor had designed for her. Her servant escorted her to the gathering room, where Heidi was surprised to see Scion had been one of the first to arrive. The Princess was dressed in pristine whites this morning, with no blood stains this time. Judging by the dead look in Scion's eyes, it must have been a boring night for her. Not so for Heidi, who'd had the pleasure of finding nocturnal Tiger Shark to play with.

The Hellfire group all eventually joined them, except for Maxine, who was again, notably absent. Heidi wondered just how long Maxine would get away with that. She must have a very good excuse, to not be facing the wrath of Malice, who was well known to be intolerant of tardiness and inexplicable absences.

Heidi enjoyed a crab and mozzarella omelet as the room shifted and moved smoothly and slowly until they had the most beautiful view. She was already enjoying the morning immensely, as the sea breeze tousled her hair, when her King and one of his advisors began a presentation, in her honor. She was urged to rise, and she did so, beaming with delight. The vessel presented, bearing her namesake, was beyond magnificent. As it demonstrated its capabilities, Heidi made her way closer to the ship, and was given a bottle of champagne. She looked to her King, and received an encouraging nod. With an intense expression, she raised the bottle, and her empty hand as well, a bid for silence.

"As I defend and support my Lord and King, so too shall this ship protect and serve his people."

When she spoke, they all listened. This must be what it felt like to be a goddess. The realization revived the smile on Heidi's face, as she smashed the champagne against the hull. Everyone clapped, from the Queens all the way down to the commoners. Both Diana and Ravena seemed particularly pleased.

14. Enchantrah The Sisterhood

Name:
    Helena Quartermaine
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Omnimorph
    Missions:
    Helena's night was filled with doting servants of the male variety tasked to give her anything she pleased; and she certainly didn't fail to ask. Lord Ravena certainly did enjoy flaunting off his Kingdom...who was Helena to turn down such wonderful gifts? However despite the Red Queen's willingness to partake in Ravena's world of luxury, it was a little TOO perfect. Helena was the type of woman who seemed easily impressed or fickle even, however underneath the relaxed facade laid someone who was very observant and in tuned with her surroundings. Lord Ravena had a county of people who looked at him as a God. Who would do anything for him. Who fell at their knees with admiration and love for him. THAT was not normal. Even the most benevolent rules had followers who would go against the grain and dislike their lord....and Ravena was NOT benevolent. That raised the question: were these people sheep? Were they raised to love a dictator so built up in glory that they could not see his flaws? Or were they all living in fear?

Helena did not trust men....Men whom she could not easily manipulate or control she would destroy without a second thought. Her long and turbulent history with the male species lead her down this path, and because of it, made her stronger as a woman AND a Queen. She did not trust Ravena, however she trusted Diana; thus the ONLY reason why she continued to entertain the White King and his unique ways.

The Red Queen had arrived for breakfast dressed in a elegant red summer dress that accentuated her every curve. It was light weight and perfect for the weather at Ahadi. She took a seat next to Mystique who had arrived minutes earlier. After a breakfast feast of every favorited item of each member of the Inner Circle, soon the ground rose below them so they were now on the roof looking over the large estate to the sea. It was then Lord Ravena's army gave a show of their unity and loyalty to the King by revealing a massive ship created for Fathom in her name.

Helena cocked up a brow, glancing over at Mystique who looked less than impressed. As Ravena asked to see what the ship could do, the cannons and other arsenal of weaponry began to fire off causing Helena to lean into her Bishop.

"Not impressed my dear?"

She whispered closely to Mystique's ear.

Mystique: "He tries too hard."

She answered back evenly with a stone cold expression.

"Mmm...he does have quite the flare for dramatics, doesn't he?"

Mystique: "It's disturbing."

Helena smirked as she watched Fathom go down to the ship to christen it.

"You don't like him?"

Mystique: "No. And neither did you at one point, my Queen."

Helena let out a low throaty laugh while picking up her flute of mimosa. Leaning into her Bishop, she kept her eyes trained on Ravena who watched dotingly at Fathom hit the champagne against the ship. Everyone erupted in applause.

"Yes, well...sometimes we must endure what we don't like in order to gain a better position in the end. It's all a game my dear....just be mindful of your words and what you say here. The walls have ears."

Mystique: "I am the walls."

Helena grinned, her eyes meeting with Mystiques. Her Bishop was smart and knew exactly how to impress not only Helena but the other Queens and King respectfully. She had stayed under the radar, done her job to gather information, and kept her position SOLID within the Red Court. Helena was not worried in the slightest in how Mystique would conduct herself on Ahadi.

"Perhaps the good King will bestow you with a gift, Mystique."

Helena teased quietly, her eyes ALWAYS watching the others.

Mystique: "Doubtful. It would be a waste, regardless."

"No gift is a waste, darling. It's all in how you use it. Remember that."

Patting Mystiques hand, Helena finished off her mimosa only to be given another one immediately after. She continued to sit and watched the festivities unfold before her, being mindful and watchful along the way.

15. Mystique Red Bishop Hellfire Club

Missions:
    Alexis found this entire country disturbing and unsettling. It was like taking a step back in time where the world looked upon one man as a God who could do no wrong, only to all be destroyed by it in the end. The Hellfire Club was a different beast in their own right, with people who saw themselves superior to flatscans and weren't afraid to use their powers as a means of intimidation and control . Frankly, she saw herself in the same light as well. However, Ahadi and Lord Ravena? It left Alexis wondering how someone like Diana would get into bed with a man like him. How she would allow someone THIS influential to stand beside her without worrying of betrayal or uprising. Diana wasn't stupid....there was a reason for it....and she'd find out why.

Alexis had arrived to breakfast a tad earlier than the others, taking a seat and crossing her legs. Her red summer dress dipping low and causing her appointed servant to smile in appreciation. He offered her a mimosa and she denied it, opting for some fresh grapefruit juice instead. Finally, the others arrived; Helena taking a seat next to her. Everyone began to eat the various foods offered to them. Alexis pushed around the food on her plate, taking a few bites of scrambled eggs here and there, but not indulging in the feast as the others were. She remained stoic and quiet, listen, observing, and noting everyone in attendance. Lord Ravena rose the dining table high to the roof top giving them a 360 view of the estate. The seas were crystal clear and the sun high making for a picturesque day. Afar there was a massive ship to which was presented to Ravena in a military shouting fashion before he announced it was a gift for Heidi. So it seemed the good Lord was bestowing gifts on everyone as of late. She had seen his gift to Cobra as well....although that seemed to pale in comparison to Heidi's.

Helena moved in closer to her with a whisper.

Enchantrah: "Not impressed my dear?"

"He tries too hard."

She answered back evenly with a stone cold expression. Her eyes remained fixed on the show presented to them, watching as Heidi began to make her way down to her gift.

Enchantrah: "Mmm...he does have quite the flare for dramatics, doesn't he?"

That was the understatement of the year. Alexis wanted to roll her eyes, scoff, and leave all at the same time. However she remained steadfast in her polite ways, keeping up the fascade, and making sure to look and play the part.

Enchantrah: "You don't like him?"

"No."

Now glancing over to Helena, she looked her square in the eyes.

"And neither did you at one point, my Queen."

It was almost a challenge, reminding her of exactly what Ravena had done in the past to her OWN court member. Alexis had witnessed it first hand, and the fallout afterwards in the catacombs. It was the ONE time she backed Helena up and agreed with her anger and outrage. Ravena was a wolf in sheep's clothing, there was no denying that.

Enchantrah: "Yes, well...sometimes we must endure what we don't like in order to gain a better position in the end. It's all a game my dear....just be mindful of your words and what you say here. The walls have ears."

Alexis was no fool. She had lived in Hellfire for well over a year without hinting as to who she REALLY was. She was more than capable of playing the game in Ahadi as well.

"I am the walls."

She replied simply. Ravena may have had eyes and ears everywhere, but they were mere children when playing against HER. She was the best of the best at intel, spying, and stealth.

Enchantrah: "Perhaps the good King will bestow you with a gift, Mystique."

THAT made Alexis scoff softly.

[deadpan] "Doubtful."

She hadn't even registered as a blip on any of the Queens or King's radar thus far, exactly how she liked it.

"It would be a waste regardless."

She added, not wanting anything from this creep.

Enchantrah: "No gift is a waste, darling. It's all in how you use it. Remember that."

Alexis smirked, glancing over at Helena as their eyes met.

"Noted."

Turning her attention back to the showboat act, Alexis sat back in her chair and continued to watch.

16. Persephone Treacherous Bitch Hellfire Club Staff Member

Name:
    Ava Cassadine
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Weather Elemental, Animal Control/Communication, Enhanced Senses and Strength
    Missions:
    Persephone laid soundly asleep for the first time in days. Curled up next to Alek, her cheek resting on his chest and her body tucked up next to his. It was early morning East Coast time; around 5am. They had decided to spend the night at the safe house, setting the alarm for 6am in order to get back to the mansion before anyone awoke and suspected they were both gone. But Persephone's sound sleep began to fade away, the goddess stirring against Alek with a soft groan.

FLASH

Click click click click.

Like the soft melody of finger nails tapping against a hard surface. The sound echoed around her, growing louder, and louder, and louder. Persephone jolted upright in bed, her eyes wide and her breathing soft, yet labored. She looked around panicked, seeing the safe house was as it should be--quiet and undisturbed. Looking down next to her, Alek slept peacefully tangled in a mass of sheets. Exhaling a relieved breath, Persephone shut her eyes as a small smile appeared on her lips. The night had been amazing and care free. The world around them disappearing, and even her growing health issues seemingly taking a back seat to her happiness. Perhaps that's all she needed: some time away from Hellfire.

Click click click click.

Persephone's eyes snapped open, the tension that had left her body returning. Her brows furrowed as her eyes shifted around the room.

"Alek..."

Click click click click.

Craning her neck to look down the open banister that overlooked the living room...still, she saw nothing.

"Alek, wake up."

With her eyes still trained on the lower level of the safe house, Persephone went to place her hand where Alek was to shake him awake. But nothing was there. Quickly looking next to her, he was gone--only the sheets remaining.

"Alek?! ALEK!"

Click click click click.

Fear filled Persephone's eyes as her breathing began to accelerate. The room slowly dimming like a massive shadow eclipsing the light. The clicking became louder....CLOSER. Then finally, Persephone's breathing stopped, seeing a flicker of movement beneath the white sheets at the foot of the bed. Her eyes were wide, filled with tears. Slowly, her hand gripped the sheet....her eyes focused on where she saw the movement. Quickly she threw the sheets off her, pulling herself back toward the headboard of the bed expecting to see something there. But nothing...nothing was there. Confused, Persephone remained pressed against the headboard...

GASP!

Something grabbed her from behind, THROUGH the wall, holding her against the headboard like straps to a gurney. Screaming, she felt legs crawling on her shoulder, around her chest, her arm--EVERYWHERE on her body. But there was nothing--NOTHING. Only the black shadow casting over her body and encompassing her entirely. Then, the pain started. SHARP and PRECISE in her head causing her to close her eyes tightly and scream out in agony. It was like fire....everything around her felt like a cold fire, all at once, never leaving, all encompassing.

FLASH

Persephone winced in pain as the nightmare continued to torment her; BLACK acidic blood began dripping from her nose and onto Alek's chest as the nightmare escalated. There was pain and fear, but the world of dreams and reality warped as Persephone remained asleep, stuck in the continuing dream.

17. Berserker

Berserker 'bout to show you what Hell looks like Hellfire Club

Name:
    Aleksander Hallbjörn
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Strength
    Missions:
    The Safe House

Alek had been encouraged by round two, Seph seeming more like her usual self and he feeling less of a need to be gentle with her. But he still worried about her, wishing they knew what was making her so ill. His mind wandered to the queens...could this be a punishment, or an experiment? Surely he would have heard something...or Haleigh would have...if that were the case? But now, the way things were, he wasn't so sure.

Then again, maybe this was just Seph adjusting to life here, the stress, the feeling of being caged to one so used to being free. She really was too good for this place, too powerful to be a subject, especially when one was used to being a queen. And not one of her own making.

But the last weeks had taught him not to take anything for granted, to appreciate just having her by his side, being able to sleep wih her curled up against him, her head on his chest. Nothing could be more perfect than that.

Something brought him to that half life between dreaming and waking. He was eating a giant steak, while Persephone sat across from him at the table, looking disapproving. And as if by the force of her will, the steak was decidedly not agreeing wih him, his chest burning with indigestion. Seph smirked at him as if to say, I told you so...

He began to feel the things around him in reality, the softness of her leg against his, the coolness of the sheets, as he gently woke. His head still felt the cloudiness of sleep, though - and he still felt the burning in his chest. His mind vaguely had the thought that he'd hardly even eaten the ice cream...

But then the pain intensified, waking him completely. It felt as if someone was burning a hole through his chest with a blowtorch. He picked his head up, looking down himself. There was Seph's head, restless against his chest, and something...

"What the fuck...JESUS!"

Blood as black as her eyes was coming from her nose. He had seen Seph bleed before, and this was not what it had looked like - this was wrong. He picked her up by her upper arms, lifting her upright, shaking her awake.

"Seph...Seph wake up...you're...shit, you're bleeding."

He pulled the sheet across his chest with one hand, wiping the blood from his chest and tossing it to the floor. A deep burn seared his chest, but he was more concerned about her. His hand moved to her cheek.

"Come on, wake up...please."

Persephone and Black Widow like this.
  18. Persephone Treacherous Bitch Hellfire Club Staff Member

Name:
    Ava Cassadine
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Weather Elemental, Animal Control/Communication, Enhanced Senses and Strength
    Missions:
    "Seph...Seph.."

Darkness...it was suffocating...

"Wake up...you're...shit, you're bleeding."

It felt like thousands of bugs crawling all over her body, weighing her down, crawling into her nose, ears, mouth. Arms wrapped around her so tightly she wasn't sure if she couldn't breathe because of the pressure or the insects. She felt them in her skull, their legs digging so deep into her brain the pain was unbearable. But she felt her body jolt, the arms around her loosening in it's grip.

"Come on, wake up...please."

A touch against her cheek that wasn't cold, pulling her further from the grasp--further from the darkness.

GASP!

Persephone's eyes snapped open with a start, gasping in for air as she looked both terrified and in shock; unaware of what was happening around her. It took a few moments for her to realize where she was, and who she was with. She saw Alek there, holding her upright in bed. With every rapid intake of breath, it got caught in her throat making her breathing ragged until it started to even out just a bit.

"Alek.."

His name barely audible from her lips. But as she spoke it, that's when she felt and tasted the warmth of blood on her lips. She lifted the back of her hand to her nose, wiping the blood only to see a large streak of black on her skin....her eyes conveyed confusion...concern...HORROR. They lifted to look at Alek and that's when she saw the raw, burned skin on his chest.

"Oh my God!"

Cupping her hand over her nose and mouth as it continued to bleed, not wanting her blood to touch him again.

"I'm sorry! I'm..."

The searing pain began to build in her head again as she shut her eyes, feeling the blood begin to run down her forearm. Pushing the sheets off of her, Persephone shook her head as she quickly got out of bed.

"Don't touch me!...I don't want to burn you again."

The bathroom was close enough to where she easily was able to get inside and shut the door behind her without fear of collapsing. Soft sizzling sounds could be heard as droplets of blood hit the tile floor and porcelain sink until she finally turned the water on. Hovering her face over the sink, the water turned black as her blood hit it, Persephone's eyes closing in pain as she lifted the back of her hand to her forehead in an effort to hold it--somehow hoping it would alleviate the agony. Hissing in, the pressure continued to build; a soft cry of pain escaping her lips as she attempted to keep herself as quiet as possible so Alek wouldn't hear.

The water began to run clear again as her nose bleed finally subsided. But Persephone continued to hold her head in pain, slowly sliding down the sink onto her knees, then sitting onto the floor, wishing for a reprieve for the searing pressure in her head.

19. Berserker

Berserker 'bout to show you what Hell looks like Hellfire Club

Name:
    Aleksander Hallbjörn
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Strength
    Missions:
    The Safe House

Seph gasped, eyes shooting open, hyperventilating. She looked so terrified, she must have been having another nightmare.

"I'm here..."

He looked into her face, searching, concerned.

"Are you okay? Was it another nightmare?"

She wiped her nose, seeing the dark black blood. When she realized what it was, she looked horrified.

"Shhh...it's alright."

"Don't worry - here, lie back..."

He reached forward to help her, but she jumped out of the bed, shaking her head.

"Seph...that doesn't matter...come here, let me look at it."

But she was in the bathroom like a shot, closing the door behind her. He heard the water turn on as he got out of the bed and went to the door, knocking softly.

"Seph? Are you okay? Can I come in?"

He stood there, listening through the door.

"Seph?"

He turned the knob slowly and opened the door, then rushed inside as he saw her on the floor holding her head. He went to his knees, wrapping his arms around her. It crushed him to see her in such pain.

"Baby...I'm here..."

Persephone and Black Widow like this.
  20. Lord Ravena

Ability:
    Magick, Vampirism
    Missions:
    As the ceremony played itself out, Lord Ravena had time to think, and consider, the reactions of those assembled within the Inner Circle.

Talisman was an accomplished, beautiful and powerful woman. But she seemed racked by emotions far beneath her. Her pride and vanity would not allow her to open herself to Alice's contributions or, it seemed, to his membership in the Inner Circle. It was bad enough that she played in the muck of humanity's sexual politics, but she expected regard without a history of results. Her power and skill were obvious, but her three forays into battle included 3 losses, including against two of the mages that the Six and their allies had at their disposal, NEITHER OF THEM being the Sorceress Supreme.
    Was she not regarded enough as the Queen? Given her record in battle, was she perhaps regarded too much? Time would tell.

And the lovely and mysterious Mystique, smug in the belief that she would remain forever mysterious, that she was a puzzle unsolvable. However, the Lion of Ahadi did not become so because he did not have many ways of gauging the internal workings of those with whom he dealt. As she came and went, EVERY time she came and went, he learned more of her ways to doing so undetected. As of now, he knew that she manipulated a form of energy to do so. He was, as of YET, unable to track her but all in due time. Meanwhile, he would remain as 'clueless' as she believed him to be.

These two, they trafficked in the same things that they managed to use to find fault with Lord Ravena. They saw any gesture by him as suspect, and that was OK. Their reactions were as gold to him in that they told him far more than the reactions of his gift's recipients. He was happy to do what he had done for both Amanda and Heidi, but their reactions were written in stone before the first command was given. NO, he wanted both Mystique and Talisman to SEE what Cobra had been given, to SEE what Heidi had been honored by...so that HE could watch THEM. He was aware of where Helena was, and it was fair, far different than what his senses told him of Talisman and Mystique. He understood distrust, even if the reasoning was in part gender based (so baseline human of us! We should be better). What he did not like was disDAIN. Disdain led you to not care what happened to another, gave rise to treachery, destroyed the cooperation needed for the few, no matter how mighty, to best the many.

And so those who trafficked in true disdain for Lord Ravena had earned his attention. Time would tell if it was attention they would appreciate. Or if it would be their own undoing. He hoped the former, for he liked how the HC was shaping up. But at this point, the cooperation of this group was in a perilous place. One that threatened future plans. If he could shore up those who were willing to be cooperative AND find a way to give those who would not cooperate a way to hang themselves, so much the better. The game was afoot. A game that he had played for a very long time and had resulted in a utopian capital in which he knew every person, every pet, everyTHING that happened. Where people worshiped him the same way they were pulled to Earth by gravity; it was nature, the order of things, and that order had benefited them beyond anywhere on the globe. They knew the price of treachery, yet understood it as a cost that was never worth it because of what they already had.

Lord Ravena had combined the terribly inevitable with the perfectly benevolent in a way that made an iron fist as generally unnecessary as it was possible should the need arise.

Lord Ravena spoke again.

Thank you all for accompanying me to this ceremony. I hope that you have enjoyed the display, and yes I am aware that it was superfluous. But why have shiny toys if you do not fire them off now and again?

We will return to the complex and you will all be free to roam until the afternoon banquet for our Lady of Honor. At that time there will be several presentations that you will not want to miss. Thanks again for your time and for honoring me with your presence.

With a nod, all was being brought back to where it was and the escorts for each Inner Circle member approached with information on things to do for the intervening hours until the Banquet. As everything bustled around him, he sent a 'thought call' to someone notably absent. His voice was even and NOT happy.

Domino, I was led to believe that you would be along in a few hours and yet Ahadi has not seen you and you were absent to the morning presentation. How long will you be unhappy with things and hold it against me? What offense have I committed that vexes you so? Do you think me a FOOL?! I will await your arrival.