1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hint at 'Sex & the City 3?'

Discussion in 'Big Screen' started by Carol Peletier, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Carol Peletier

Carol Peletier Look at the flowers... Staff Member Contributing Member

Did Sarah Jessica Parker hint a third 'Sex and the City' movie?

-----------------------

I loved the first film. It felt like a natural extension of the tv series. The 2nd film was heavy on looks & style, but the plot seemed a bit over done. I did find myself laughing a lot at Samantha's meltdown in front of all the men who were upset about condoms falling out of her purse. :D

The last S&TC film was in 2010 so a lot of time has passed. I've read some opinions about the idea of a 3rd film & one thought that was common among the opinions is that the 3rd film should "come back down to earth a bit" & maybe even take a dark turn. The movie franchise can't go on forever....& one idea that an entertainment blogger suggested was that the movie should show the group of women (& their husbands) experience the loss/death of one among them. One person even wrote that Samantha would be a good choice b/c she was established as being older than the other 3 & has already survived cancer once. This could be a way to close the movie franchise w/ the original cast & end it on a truly memorable note.

2. Prophet

Prophet Aftershock Staff Member Contributing Member

The second one was just terrible. I hate when I'm watching a movie and can tell that the only reason anybody is in it is because they were paid a butt load of money for it, so they just didn't care if it was good or not lol. I really like the first one and I think it did go in a dark direction and I liked that aspect a lot. I just don't think a third one really needs to happen.

3. Carol Peletier

Carol Peletier Look at the flowers... Staff Member Contributing Member

There was @ least one stand out moment in the 2nd one, Liza Minelli singing 'Single Ladies!?' :eek: & Miranda's comment: "I think this happens whenever you have this much GAY in one room!" Liza had only recently recovered from a stroke, & gone through intense therapy to regain her mobility, so for that alone, I applauded her.

I'm all for a 3rd one, provided its done properly, & closes the book on the movie extension of the series, & does it in a waythat will have ppl talking like they did when the TV series came to an end.

4. Clara Oswald

Clara Oswald Oswin! Staff Member Contributing Member

I don't need to see Sarah Jessica Parker in anything, ever again.

Prophet likes this.
  5. Bateman

Bateman Rising Star Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Carol Peletier: LMAO! JUST PETTY!
  6. Clara Oswald

Clara Oswald Oswin! Staff Member Contributing Member

You suck.

7. Bateman

Bateman Rising Star Contributing Member

Hi! How you doing! Nice to meet you Captain Obvious.