Twisted Metal
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Haleigh Davidoff
Residence
Hellfire New York
Missions
Ability
Earth Elemental; Technokinesis; Strength, Resilience, and Immunity due to the TO virus
The Hellfire Mansion - Lunar Ballroom

Haleigh stared at Alice, who wasn't at all intimidated. In fact, quite the opposite, Alice asserted her OWN power to put Haleigh 'in check'. It started with a shift in her eyes, which struck Haleigh's own memories. She'd seen that change before, and something deep within her reverberated with a learned consternation. She is bombarded with a painful revocation of power, for the second time tonight. It seemed to be the go-to punishment of all mother figures. The 'child' misbehaves, the 'mother' corrects. That was distinctly what it felt like for Haleigh right now.

Why do I get the feeling I'm gonna have as many mommy issues as I seem to have mommies by the time this is finished.

Alice: I've taken care of you since you were LESS than a zygote, little girl. I can DESTROY you just as easily. NEVER forget that.

But it wasn't a threat, it was a warning, and Haleigh took another deep breath before she glanced around the ballroom. It was dimly lit in here, and the stacked chairs lining the walls indicated that this room was only used for special occasions. Haleigh separated a pair of chairs and gestured for Alice to take a seat, as she herself sat down facing the woman.

"Doctor Prospero, clearly I've underestimated you."

Alice: I don't want to hurt you, not again. Please don't force me to do so. Don't make this anymore risky for EITHER of us than it already is.

"Alright, let's play nice then."

Alice: You are TRULY the most beautiful, the most...SPECTACULAR success the 2nd generation of mystech science could have ever imagined. You are the BEST outcome of what OUR generation of scientific minds could have accomplished. They wanted you as a weapon. But I knew better. You were NOT merely a bio-organic weapon.

"I thought you were going to tell me stuff I DON'T ALREADY KNOW?"

Haleigh remarked sarcastically. She knew that her affinity with technology derived from Mystech's experimentation, and her infection with the TO Virus. This was NOT news.

Alice: There isn't enough time for me to tell you everything you want to know. So take this. Watch it AFTER you have left here.

Alice tossed her a USB, and was suddenly BEHIND Haleigh, showing more of her abilities, and now she began to deliver intel that WOULD qualify as news to Haleigh. Bombshell after bombshell was dropped on Haleigh, and she just listened, without interruption. Alice was thorough in her delivery, and did not leave a single detail out. Every revelation was scarier than the one preceding it.

The blackouts... the memories.... they were FACTUAL. Alice gave them context with HER side of the events. Everything Haleigh THOUGHT she knew about herself.... her childhood.... was smashed by the disclosure that she had been... CREATED, not born.

I am the progeny of the two most fucked up people on the planet.

MALICE was her mother. That sank in like a cold, sharp knife. Christopher was her father. That twisted the knife. This meant her half sister Ava was not, in fact, her sister at all. This meant MORGAN, BLAZE, and even FROST..... these were her half sisters. She shuddered at the thought of being related to that awful girl Jasmine. Morgan and Blaze, she'd come to love as sisters, so while it was a shock, it was not an unacceptable one.

Her mind raced as she tried to make sense of all the ways her reality was shifting. She was suddenly added to the list of Karen's surrogate daughters by default, yet another of Christopher's infidelities, yet another spawn of satan that Karen had to accept responsibility for. She didn't even have time to truly deal with this as Alice laid some more intel on her.

Alice: Once your survival was owed to your destiny and the beings that watch over you and your teammates. NOW you're alive at this very MOMENT because of Diana. But since you ARE alive, know this. She wants you BACK, Haleigh, and she will cut down ANYONE to get to you. You know she can...and she WILL. Get out of here. NOW. Run while you still can. Leave your friends...everyone you know, because Diana is about to unleash a new wave of TERROR upon the city, upon the WORLD, but before she does, she's going to CLAIM what is HER'S, And she WILL destroy ALL that you hold dear to get to you, and when she finally has you? Whatever diety you have...even HE/SHE won't be able to help you.

Haleigh stared at her, stunned into silence. There was a long, pregnant pause. Alice zoomed to the exit. Haleigh just sat there, astonished.

Alice: For MY part in all of this...I am TRULY sorry. But Now? We can NEVER meet like this again. If you come after me, if you try anything NOW as I leave? I'll put you down myself.

The doctor responsible for Haleigh's very creation turned to leave, and finally, Haleigh seemed to snap out of her daze. She rose slowly to her feet, a little unsteady, but determined.

"Alice..... this isn't over..... there will be.... RETRIBUTION..... not tonight.... but SOON. You created a MONSTER..... You know that, don't you?"

Alice: Yes. We know. That was the GOAL, after all.

And with that, she left Haleigh in the empty ballroom, her words echoing after her. Haleigh was doing well just to continue breathing. She had not noticed the creeping pain in her head, but she certainly felt the pressure now. A few moments passed before she realized she was still behind enemy lines.

Or AM I??

"Isis, we need to leave."

Prophet
Prophet
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Nicely done!

Fathom

Leviathan
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Heidi Scarborough
Missions
Ability
Omega Class Water Elemental
The Hellfire Club - Catacombs

Talisman: Impressive indeed...though I'd like to see how she fares against conditions and opponents that are not of her element or in her wheelhouse. I could summon any number of elemental golems...or perhaps a TYRANT...

Heidi was rolling her head around, stretching her neck. She reached behind and clasped her hands together, pulling her shoulder blades together to stretch some more. Kelly was perfectionist, and wanted to see MORE. Fathom was barely warmed up, and she could do plenty more, but was it really NECESSARY? She didn't want to waste her time with orchestrated fights against dumb creatures and robots. She wanted a REAL fight, she wanted a victim with more than just artificial intelligence.

Domino: Something tells me that wouldn't be a problem. Learn when to celebrate your successes, Talisman.

"Undoubtedly. Any living creature survives on MY element. It doesn't matter how big or strong or powerful they are. They are ALL at my mercy. And even if they DON'T contain water..... that doesn't mean they're safe."

Domino: That was brilliant, personally. That thing with the blood?

"Like I said, at my mercy."

She replied with a nefarious grin. If she had been complacent before, resting on her laurels and getting lazy, she wasn't anymore. She emanated a cool confidence, and cold power. Water ran over her skin, rinsing her from head to toe of the blood and grime of her brief skirmish. She ran her fingers through wet silken locks as the water diminished and beaded on her skin as though she'd just stepped out of the shower.

Talisman: I'd like to take another look at her sequence...I can enhance her senses to help with her reaction times. I think an increase of five percent would make her all the more deadly.

Ever the scientist. Heidi had spent what felt like an eternity trapped in a fish bowl in Kelly's lab. She didn't want to go back there, it was torture compared to the freedom of the open ocean. Luckily her display had satisfied the others, and though she wouldn't call Maxine a 'friend', she certainly appreciated the Black Knight's assist in getting Kelly to chill with all that experimentation talk.

Domino: There's enough time for that. She's fine how she is...and with good timing. I'd love to take Heidi on a tour of the facilities. Minding the store is nice and all, but I'm hoping to promote out.

"That'd be marvelous, Max."

Talisman: How do you feel, Heidi? You are following the anti-rejection medication instructions and taking protein enzyme complexes I've prescribed? Those are of the utmost importance.

"They make me a bit green around the gills."

She replied with a recalcitrant tone. Obviously she didn't WANT to take them, and it was a bit unclear whether or not she was actually complying with the medication regime. What WAS clear was that her true potential as an Omega level elemental had been unlocked, and she knew how to harness that potential instinctively.

Harbinger

Seer
The Six
Real Name
Alison Marble
Residence
Minerva's Mansion in Greece
Missions
Ability
Precognition, Magick, Telekinesis
The Clocktower

The building has a very interesting history actually…but that is a conversation for another day I suspect. I’m sure you haven’t come all this way for a lecture!”

She gave them a big smile. She knew that she tended to go into “professor mode” and that was not everyone’s cup of tea
Ohhh....you'd be surprised!

:: Alison smiled and winked at Oracle. Beyond her power as a precog, Having succeed Barbara Minerva, one of the world's most legendary archeologists, explorers, and historians, in keeping one of the most exquisit and important collections of artifacts- "the secrets of the world", Harbinger could DEFINITELY appreciate a good, in depth backstory, history lesson, or lection, especially when there was knowledge and information she needed. ::

One day, I'd like to hear about this building's history, and get a tour...and...if you'd allow me....take a few telekinetic "SNAP SHOTS" of it.

:: That was a unique but HANDY little trick she'd actually learned from RAMPAGE during the Millennia caper. ::

:: She liked Zizi, and was genuinely impressed by her since their initial collaboration at St. Patrick's Cathedral. The genuine calm, friendly good will that Zizi displayed was refreshing to Alison, it motivated her to return the same level of courtesy. One never knew when he or she might need help, and it was important to form good working relationships with peers in the metahuman community. The Six had learned during the purifiers caper that they werent as alone and "unique" as they thought, and whatever they had thought about that....ultimately it was a GOOD thing. The Purifiers, and their ability to gain as much power /pose as big a threat as they did, was a sign among others, that there was some kind of SHIFT happening.::

:: As they got to the heart of the visit, Zizi and Mina received Alison's words with clear and open minds. There was no concerted effort to discredit or dismiss any part of what she was saying. Ava added her endorsement to Alison's. The goddess wouldn't have done that if she didn't truly agree...BELIEVE. There were people on her team RIGHT NOW that she still hadn't quite accepted, so this was a key indication of Xavier's success so far!::

:: Zizi and Mina were reserved in their responses at first, that was to be expected, but as they both began to interact more with Xavier directly (the first sign that she knew they would receive her vision and act positively on it), and Zizi took the usb stick from Alison, it was clear that the seed she'd planted had taken root.::

Mina considered carefully, before finally nodding at Zizi.

“The gentleman has at least earned the right to a chance.”

She wheeled closer to him and put a hand on his arm.

“Well, then, you will fit right in here as my baking powers are legendary.”

She gave him a big smile before turning back to the group.

“Will you be needing a place to stay in New York then?”

:: There was one point of concern that Mina had. Alison understood this on a personal level because she'd had the same concern before bringing him to Minerva's Aerie. She even want so far as to work out protocols with Michael to account for Xavier, now that she had a firm fix on him with her "Seer's" eye. She had created "TK traps" and other measures around the mansion leading to The Vault, and flat out WARNED Xaxiver against any misguided attempts at being "ROBIN HOOD" in her domain. ::

:: He understood, and did not push his luck or violate her trust.::

:: She would take a private moment with Mina before leaving, to discuss that legitimate concern with her, explain her empathy, and offer practical solutions, but for now....::

but there was something important that Mina needed to discuss with Alison. And she had to tread lightly.

“If I may be so bold…Alison, I am intrigued by the Siege Perilous. What a fascinating object – you do still control the Siege, correct? I haven’t gotten my mystickal objects mixed, have I?”
:: Alison shifted to face Mina, and she looked upon the prim, elegant woman. This was the first time she'd really had an up close person view of Mina Harker, but just Mina was aware of Alison, Alison was aware of her. Dominique Devereaux was a fan of Mina's art as a concert pianist. But beyond her musical talent, Mina was a woman with mystique. She presented a a woman YOUNGER than Alison in chrnological age, but the precog had already discerned that she was actually older than everyone in the room- with the exception of AVA.::

:: Mina was a mystic scholar as well, she had in depth knowledge and familiarity with the world of magick and the occult- not just Hecate's blood line, but all forms of magick and things related.::

Oh no, you haven't.

:: She said with a slightly smile on her face.::

Anyone who is aware enough to call it out by name couldn't possibly confuse it with any other mystical object.

::It WAS curious, that she'd ask about THAT of all things, but there was no harm in curiosity...was there? Alison dwelled on that for a brief moment, but she was among ALLIES, so she soon moved on.::

Yes, I am the current custodian of the Siege Perilous. I "inherited" it several years ago.

I can summon and open it, But...no one truly "controls" it.

:: Alison thought about the last time SHE purposefully summoned it, during the battle with master mold, and while ultimately she achieved her desired goal...it came at a horrifying, TERRIBLE cost. She then thought about how it appeared in the nightmare assaults of Barbas. FINALLY, it's most recent "outing" was when Firebird, who had asked to borrow it so she could see all possible versions of herself and her family, attempted to pass through it herself!::

:: Mina wasn't going to ASK to borrow it....was she!? Alison could simply "VIEW" her and her time threads to determine if she had a hidden motive, but she chose not to. She was learning to give people a chance, thanks to her baby brother, and Zizi and Mina deserved the benefit of the doubt.::

:: There was no harm in "talking shop" with a colleague in the world of magick and the occult.::

So you've heard of it before? Have you had any encounters with it or been in the presence of it when it was activated?

:: When the moment was right, she'd ask Mina for a private "side bar."::

Enchantrah

Red Queen
The Sisterhood
Real Name
Helena Quartermaine
Missions
Ability
Omnimorph
Helena was used to Diana's bolstering and fluffing her feathers like a grand peacock, 'showing' everyone who was boss. The Red Queen was definitely more subdued in her authority--she loved being in charge and would correct any upstart who tested her, but she didn't need to grandstand at every opportunity. So when Helena finally met the newest Black Queen she only assumed she would be exactly like Diana, because lets face it, Diana loved herself so she would certainly love to put someone just like her in the Black Queen position.

Kelly: Kelly...Dr. Kelly Shaw.

Helena's mouth fell agape as she gasped in, looking at the woman.

"Oh my God."

A beat passed before Helena continued.

"Is that Chanel!? [pointing to her top] Oh honey, we'll get along just fine."

Patting the doctors hand, Helena grinned.

"As long as your two brats stay out of my way."

Helena wasn't stupid, despite what people may have thought. And she certainly wasn't the type to underestimate. Diana wouldn't have kept her around otherwise. Helena side eyed Kelly, seeing the look on the woman's face after hearing how bold Helena just called out her motherhood out.

"Oh calm down, my joke of a niece used to be a problem with that group too. Now she's gone and forgotten. She was a failure in life AND in death....I would feel bad for the poor thing.....but I don't. I'm sure your two kin will find their place soon enough."

Turning her attention back to Fathom, the girl finished her showing and began to get praises from the ugly lesbian. Who was this girl? Why was she here? And what garbage bin did she roll out of this morning? The British Hellfire Club certainly had low standards.

[sarcastically] "Well that was fun!"

Helena stood, putting Coco down on the floor. The little pup yapped in protest.

"I'm bored now. Diana dear, i'll see you later about that business we were discussing earlier. [to Kelly] And you, well...i'm quite pleased with you. SO much better than that dried up camel, Dominique. I'll speak more with you later."

Helena grinned wickedly.

"Ciao!"

Helena began to walk towards the exit, brushing past both Heidi and Maxine.

"Coco!"

The little pomeranian yapped once again, it's little legs beginning to run after Helena. But as it began to run it morphed into a large white wolf with red eyes, growling as it pranced by the two British imports. Both Helena and Coco soon disappeared out of sight.

Mina Harker
Mina Harker
LMAO the "ugly lesbian"

Mina Harker

Naughty or Nice?
The Six
Real Name
Mina Murray Harker
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Psychometric Sixth Sense
The Clocktower

Alison said:
One day, I'd like to hear about this building's history, and get a tour...and...if you'd allow me....take a few telekinetic "SNAP SHOTS" of it.
Zizi: “That would be lovely. You and your team are welcome here any time – no need to wait for an apocalypse.”

She could virtually hear Zizi grinning at Harbinger, ever the accommodating hostess. Mina sometimes feared for the girl, that her genuine affection for others would see her taken advantage of; so far, however, her strength of character had seen her through.

Mina was more suspicious of others. Alison Marble, though, did not seem to take to the usual flights of fancy that women of this age gravitated towards, which put her higher than most in Mina’s estimation. It was not her place to speak of what Oracle and her team were working on, but this was an opportunity that she could not let pass. Being less than direct was not really in Mina’s nature, but she made an attempt to get the information she needed without telling Alison why she needed it.

Alison said:
Yes, I am the current custodian of the Siege Perilous. I "inherited" it several years ago. I can summon and open it, But...no one truly "controls" it.
No one really controls it, eh? Mina was hoping to be able to either rule in or out the Siege Perilous as Jasmine Klein’s mode of transportation to this reality, but this lack of control made Mina doubt. Still, that Alison did possess it insofar as it could be possessed, that it was not lost or stolen (assuming that Alison would tell them if it was), was a strong indication that Jasmine had not truly passed through it a second time.

Alison said:
So you've heard of it before? Have you had any encounters with it or been in the presence of it when it was activated?
Mina nodded in the affirmative.

“Well, yes, I have heard stories of course – people being sucked into a mysterious gem and never seen again. Or arriving somewhere and claiming to be from another reality. There are actually several journal entries in my husband’s collection pertaining to the Siege. I would be happy to show them to you some time, at your convenience. But no, I have never seen it myself. And truly, I am not sure I would ever want to see it in use…”

Being turned into a monster, losing your soul, was a terrible thing to experience. Being ripped into another world was not a thing she wished to add to it.

Isis

Black Diamond
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Dominique Deveraux
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Explosive sand cloud form, attributes of Isis - the egyptian goddess of rebirth & magick
Hellfire Mansion- Exit strategy

Haleigh stared at her, stunned into silence. There was a long, pregnant pause. Alice zoomed to the exit. Haleigh just sat there, astonished.
:: She wasn't the ONLY one. Isis, who bore witness to this shocking revelation, had to get ahold of herself. If she had let her concentration slip for a moment, then Alice, Matrix (currently POSING as Alice), and Black Widow would have run risk of detection by Malice, and Isis herself would have run the risk of being detected by Ravena or Talisman. The sorceress, certainly would never RUN from a FIGHT, but she also knew that picking a fight, or a needless confrontation was not wise- especially when you're outnumbered. ::

:: Their plan had unfolded PERFECTLY. No problems, no detection. The others, far below in the catacombs, were engaging in their orgy of egos but the window for Isis, Matrix, and Black Widow was closing.::

"Isis, we need to leave."
::Alice had departed, and moved with a speed that defied the normal visual perception.::

:: Isis lifted her hands, once again activating the diversion spell to summon a crash of thunder and a gust of wind to suitably distract all those inside the mansion. THIS time, she ALSO used her runes in concert. They all flashed with a golden hue and activated, allowing the switch between Alice and Matrix to occurr seamlessly without anyone being the wiser.::

:: Simultaneously, she extracts Black Widow and Matrix out of the mansion via teleporting spell, and they reappear before her in two golden glowing columns of energy, on the roof of a nearby building.::

:: Richard returns to his true form::

Excellent work, my knight.

:: Dominique holds her hand out to him, and he draws near, now standing a step in front of her as she and Haleigh share a long look between them.::

Haleigh....

:: What could she say? What could ANYONE say to someone who'd just learned that they were CREATED, NOT BORN, and the biological daughter of Christopher Victory and DIANA!? Isis was already aware that as shocking as thiss was for HER...the emotional and logistical FALLOUT that was going to happen to the SIX due to this revelation would be DEVASTATING.::

....Not....not since SET have I...been at a loss for words like this.

:: Richard looked between Dominique and Haleigh, a bit puzzled by what was occurring, as HE had not heard the exchange between Haleigh and Alice. Dominique squeezed his hand, silently admonishing him hold off with any questions for now.::

But I know that I'm not the person you need to be with right now. I'll send you whereever you want to go, and I'll KEEP your...THIS...confidential.

Whatever happens, Haleigh, the dynamic between US will not change, unless YOU allow it to.

:: Haleigh knew what Isis meant. One thing about the songtress, was that she had "long range" vision. Not as a precog, but just being keenly aware and atuned to the nuances of people and situations. Haleigh observed this during their discussions at the Parthenon, and the Museum of Modern Art. No doubt the woman was already thinking that Haleigh would seek Diana out.::

:: And with that, Isis weaves another teleporting spell, and takes them all away from there, sending Black Widow to her stated destination, and she and Richard to another.::

:: Isis had not only witness a truly astonishing moment between Haleigh and Alice, but she'd ALSO gained some valuable intel about the shifting roster and dynamics of the Hellfire Club's Inner Circle. The arrival of the beautiful and powerful Fathom, the presence of two DISTINCT magick users- one of whom was the new Black Queen, the confirmation that Domino was a member of the Inner Circle, and of course, the current status of the Red and White Queens::

Matrix

Rising Star
Hellfire Club
Missions
Ability
Ultra-Omnimorph
:: Simultaneously, she extracts Black Widow and Matrix out of the mansion via teleporting spell, and they reappear before her in two golden glowing columns of energy, on the roof of a nearby building.::

:: Richard returns to his true form::

Excellent work, my knight.

:: Dominique holds her hand out to him, and he draws near, now standing a step in front of her as she and Haleigh share a long look between them.::
It was an easy play. Be HER until SHE returned and he was extracted. It was simple but Isis was always appreciative and supportive of him. He stood nearby as she addressed Haleigh. He did not need mental powers to know something crazy went down.

....Not....not since SET have I...been at a loss for words like this.

:: Richard looked between Dominique and Haleigh, a bit puzzled by what was occurring, as HE had not heard the exchange between Haleigh and Alice. Dominique squeezed his hand, silently admonishing him hold off with any questions for now.::

But I know that I'm not the person you need to be with right now. I'll send you whereever you want to go, and I'll KEEP your...THIS...confidential.

Whatever happens, Haleigh, the dynamic between US will not change, unless YOU allow it to.
Richard nodded in support. Haleigh was good people, and he had studied her some. She did great work. Game recognize game. Hopefully they would stay on the same side. If not, business is business.

Everyone was sent where they needed to be, and the two of them arrived back at the Clocktower. Richard easily moved behind Isis, hugging her and resting his chin on her shouder. It was not an unusual position for the pair, but it was an...electric one. She felt his embrace tighten a bit as he held on to her silently, unmoving. He kissed her cheek, just a brush of his lips, and returned to the same position...

Harbinger

Seer
The Six
Real Name
Alison Marble
Residence
Minerva's Mansion in Greece
Missions
Ability
The Clocktower

Mina nodded in the affirmative.

“Well, yes, I have heard stories of course – people being sucked into a mysterious gem and never seen again. Or arriving somewhere and claiming to be from another reality. There are actually several journal entries in my husband’s collection pertaining to the Siege. I would be happy to show them to you some time, at your convenience. But no, I have never seen it myself. And truly, I am not sure I would ever want to see it in use…”
To see it activated, is to witness a true celestial event. The first time I witnessed it, it was used by its previous custodian to save my life from the clutches of a terrifying creature called "BLACK."

::FLASH!::

Seer said:
:: Zizi's gaze snapped toward Alison as she said this, said the name of that CREATURE.::
To be pulled into it's vortex...well...I've lost TWO two teammates to it. Only ONE came back from it.

:: Zizi and Mina BOTH looked at Alison. She truly WASN'T aware of Frost being back! How was that possible!? That ALONE was a source of concern for Mina, who knew how powerful a precog Alison was.::

::Alison studied Mina. While she wasn't scanning her as thoroughly as she would a TARGET or someone she didn't trust, there were some things about Mina's life/timeline that STOOD OUT like a beacon, including the moment she'd been embraced...TURNED. The loss of her husband. Several other lows...as well as HIGHS. When Mina mentioned the journals of her husband's collection, another "FLASH" registered with Alison. Mina was a custodian herself, and an archivist! she watched over an extensive collection of documents and artifacts. Her work was a tributary to what Barbara Minerva, and now Alison herself were doing.::

:: She already knew that Mina was apart of Oracle's team, a trusted advisor and resource for information on magick and the occult. She also observed Mina's reaction to Xavier as well. Now was the time to have that "side bar" with Mina, regarding the concern she had about Xavier.::

:: Xavier was getting on well with Zizi, and Alison was aware of Ava's discomfort around Mina, and so...::

Mina, could I...speak with you privately for a moment, please?

::Mina agreed and they both stood up simultaneously, with Alison stepping over Toward Mina and offering her arm to the vamp::

Excuse us.

:: She said to Ava, Zizi and Xavier.::

We won't be too long.

:: Together, they made their way to a private area and once Mina was settled, they faced each other::

Mina, you're concerned about Xavier because of his status as a thief, and the security of the extensive collection and archive that you oversee.

Mina Harker

Naughty or Nice?
The Six
Real Name
Mina Murray Harker
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Psychometric Sixth Sense
The Clocktower

Alison said:
To be pulled into its vortex...well...I've lost TWO teammates to it. Only ONE came back from it.
Mina was quiet, though her mind raced. Was it really possible that Alison did not know that Jasmine Klein was once again on this plane of existence? Or was this an elaborate show for their benefit? It did not seem so, but someone with the reputation that Harbinger had…she would expect her to have seen…SOMETHING about currents events. But it truly appeared as though Alison had no clue what was going on. Yet another extremely curious piece in this puzzle.

“To lose the people you care about is something I would not wish on anyone.”

Alison said:
Mina, could I...speak with you privately for a moment, please?
“Of course. There is a reading room-“

She stood and indicated the direction with the wave of a hand.

“This way.”

Though Mina was in fact blind, she was by no means helpless. Still, she allowed Alison to take her arm.

Entering the private room, whose walls were lined with books, they both sat in the comfortable chairs placed in the center.

Alison said:
Mina, you're concerned about Xavier because of his status as a thief, and the security of the extensive collection and archive that you oversee.
Mina nodded.

“The collection is…was…my late husband’s life’s work. To an outside observer such as Xavier…the temptation to remove many of the items would be great. However, there are MANY items that should not be allowed out into the world again. MOST in the wrong hands could lead to disastrous results.”

She paused, pursing her lips before continuing.

“It is not that I do not trust your judgment, as Zizi does. I do. I know of your abilities and I respect them. But Zizi only sees the good in people – she does not know how they can disappoint. I fear that we may find too late that we have allowed a wolf into the henhouse.”

Malice

The White Queen
The Sisterhood
Real Name
Diana Carver
Missions
Ability
Telepathy, Psi Lightning, Psychic reflection, Psionic Siphoning, Transiamorphic diamond form
Hellfire Club- Catacombs

"Yes...the entire estate is aware at how frequently Ravena gives you genetic samples."

< She smirked. Part of her wanted to take a compliment from Diana, but she never would. THAT was a slippery slope. The second one thought they garnered any favor from The White Queen, was the second she destroyed them. Talisman's work was speaking for itself. She simply looked over to Malice, nodding in approval.>
Are they indeed?

:: Diana's opal blue eyes shifted to Talisman. She stared at her coldly at first, and then smiled at the woman in a "Bless your heart" kind of way.::

Poor is the woman, who's pleasures depend on cold metal instruments, antiseptic labs, and synthenic automatons.

A woman with the emotional intelligence of a rock, and the passion of cold oatmeal. You wouldn't know anything about the POWER and PRESTIGE of the feminine mystique...and how a woman can get a man to do ANYTHING she wants, just by being who she IS, rather than relying on science...or a spell. That was something your ANALOGUE didn't understand EITHER, which is why HER man pumped her up with "genetic material" and then left her alone.

:: And even now, as Malice enjoyed yet another hearty attempt at humiliating Lady Frankenstien, Lord Ravena, who was just as titilated as Malice expected him to be, was quietly and subtlely returning her advances in his own unique way::

So let them...and YOU be aware all you want. You might learn that power without consequence isn't just limited to battles and consequests, and it's certainly not ULTIMATELY expressed in a cold, blue-light lab either.

:: Taking a long, satisfying drink from her goblet as she continued to eye Kelly, violating the woman's personal space and any hope of anonymity with that withering, intrusive glare in her opal blue eyes::

Before you end up like JAMES MARCUS, You might REMEMBER what it is like to be a WHOLE woman, BODY AND SOUL. I'm sure there's a man somewhere in this mansion that would like to play with you...if they have a thing for empty, souless women.

:: Scoffing at Talisman, the uptight bitch couldn't even take a simple compliment in a moment when the Inner Circle was on the cusp of such greatness! Diana could give credit where credit was due. She'd done it in her previous consortium. It wasn't HER fault that most of them (particularly the MEN, but also Kelly King) had been too stupid, too WEAK to KEEP that momentum going. After all she'd done, BEEN THROUGH, DONE, ACCOMPLISHED, DIANA would reward herself at EVERY turn, in the manner SHE saw fit , and she couldn't give a DAMN what anyone thought of that!::

:: Shaw WAS right about ONE thing though. Diana could...and WOULD have a passionate, TORRID affair with a man, and in recent memory, ONLY Lord Ravena had been able to KEEP UP with her. BUT NO MAN would EVER distract her OR stand in her way. If Ravena EVER thought he could...he'd find out, the HARD way.::

:: As she received her new White Knight, and gave her approval, The Red Queen, Helena Quartermaine, arrived, with that annoying cotton ball, COCAINE, in tow.::

:: if there was ANYONE in the history of the Inner Circle that Diana had a sort of..."FRIENDSHIP" with, it was Helena. There history was long, and complex. NEITHER Of them was truly their ORIGINAL selves. Malice's original CONSCIOUSNESS was housed in a cross time alternate's body- her original had been destroyed by Spellbinder. This current version of the Red Queen was a cross time alternate as well. The ORIGINAL had been destroyed by a fallen founding Six member- Shockwave, a.k.a. Blackout. The two found each other in the Shadows and Skulls timeline, and through a series of events, they were now HERE. You don't go through things like that with someone and NOT have some sort of...BOND with them.::

:: And make no mistake, Helena was NOT stupid, nor was she WEAK. She was QUITE powerful and capable. The two of them had pulled off some devastating tag teams and one-two punches on the six and other foes. But when they weren't working against a common foe...they sometimes "worked against" each other. All was fair in love and bitchcraft, but sometimes, Helena WOULD go too far and Diana would have to knock her head a bit.::

"My, my, I must of lost my invitation in the mail."

A cool voice echoed around the room moments before Helena Quartermaine stepped out of the shadows making her presents known. Carrying a tiny white pomeranian in the crook of her arm, Helena made her way across the room toward Diana.

"I know, Cocaine...Auntie Diana can be such a bitch sometimes. Always wanting to have all the fun without us."

Helena knew there had been guests from the British Hellfire Club in attendance, however she had yet to meet them. But more importantly, she knew there was a new BLACK Queen in their midst and had yet to met HER. As Helena walked passed Maxine, she gasped audibly.

"My God, child....[to Diana] She's one of yours right?"

Your "invitation" was filed under "D" for DO NOT INVITE.

:: Diana said dryly as the red queen took her seat on Diana's left::

And little Cocaine better mind his manners, or he'll find out what happens when this bitch gets MAD.

No, Domino ISN'T one of mine. But a BLACK EYE could be one of YOURS if you like.

:: Fake smiling at the red queen as she immediately sent out all the signals to Lord Ravena::

:: A threesome, with this changeling? It wasn't like Diana hadn't seen it all before. The only person in the mansion who could OUT TRAMP Diana WAS Helena!::

Now....if there aren't any OTHER stragglers, let us BEGIN!

:: And so it went, Fathom passed her test with fluent style, grace, savage instinct and a clear display of the POWER she now had access to. Power had ALWAYS been there, even in her previous life. The battle she had with that gnave Avalanche was one she SHOULDN'T have lost, but the failings she had before were NOT present NOW. In a rematch, Avalanche would be CRUSHED. Diana was QUITE pleased with Fathom, and while her throughts were very fluid and slippery, much like the element she channeled, she had laid the foundation for establishing a psychic rapport with her. It was something she would do with ALL the members on the White Court. Acting as a psionic switchboard of sorts, Diana would ensure that her court would ALWAYS be able to communicate with each other even if other more conventional means were denied them in the event of being captured or incapacitated. It was a foundation and strategy that would serve them well.::

:: Domino and others congratulated Heidi on the display. But there was ALWAYS ONE....::

[sarcastically] "Well that was fun!"

Helena stood, putting Coco down on the floor. The little pup yapped in protest.

"I'm bored now. Diana dear, i'll see you later about that business we were discussing earlier.
:: Coco's yapping suddenly ENDED with a YELP of susprise as a DIAMOND hand picked the little dog up by the scruff of it's neck. Malice wasn't causing it any pain, he just didn't LIKE her and the feeling was MUTUAL::

:: Play time with Ravena had been abruptly halted, and Helena was INTERRUPTED as she found herself being SHOVED back down in her seat by Malice, who was in her diamond form and standing over her::

HELENA.

:: she DROPPED Coco into the Red Queen's lap.::

I've heard ENOUGH.

Understand me VERY clearly when I say this.

YOU do not set the tone of this gathering. If you were BORED or UNINTERESTED, then you should have taken advantage of the FAVOR I granted you by not ASKING you to attend. NEXT TIME, show some RESPECT.

I told you this when we recruited ISIS and I'm telling you NOW...WE will ONLY be able to out think, out maneuver and OUT LAST THEM :: The Six:: if we have the SAME kind of UNIFIED front as they do.

Telepathically to Helena: Did you learn NOTHING from what WE experienced in the...OTHER timeline? Do you remember what WE went through during the SET situation!?

:: Helena sometimes agitated Malice, but not for the reasons one might think. Diana trusted Helena more than she trusted Kelly at this stage, and she knew Helena felt the same about her. The TWO of them had to be their OWN united front in case any one of these NEW COMERS acted up.::

So since you INVITED YOURSELF here, oh devil in a dated red dress, you better show some RESPECT.

:: She looks around the room.::

Is there ANYTHING ELSE?

:: Wondering if anyone ELSE was going to try her::

Good, now WHERE were we?

Oh yes, Heidi.

:: She smiled at her white knight who'd just demonstrated her power and ability::

"Impressive indeed...though I'd like to see how she fares against conditions and opponents that are not of her element or in her wheelhouse. I could summon any number of elemental golems...or perhaps a TYRANT..."

< She looked over towards Diana. >
This was a showcase, not a test in a lab. If you weren't certain of her ability to perform, you wouldn't have brought her before me.

"Something tells me that wouldn't be a problem. Learn when to celebrate your successes, Talisman."

[looking towards Heidi]
:: Well, WELL, once again Maxine prooved that she was more of mindset similar to Diana's than she gave her credit for::

"There's enough time for that. She's fine how she is...and with good timing. I'd love to take Heidi on a tour of the facilities. Minding the store is nice and all, but I'm hoping to promote out."
:: Diana moved Heidi behind her, and casually made her way over to Domino, and place her hand on the girl's shoulder, gently moving her back as she looked at Talisman.::

I asked you to restore and unlock her potential. You've done that, and you've done it quite well. But what you WON'T do, is use this girl as a "test subject." There's an unsuspecting populace outside of these walls, PLENTY of targets and opportunities for you to get your stunted rocks off. Heidi Scarborough is MY white knight, and the same courtesy and respect you would expect to be extended to you and your court, you will show to the other courts as well, or do I have to KNOCK YOUR HEAD to remind YOU of what our common goal is?

:: The Red and Black Queens really were trying her today, and it was unfortunate that the two of them couldn't seem to help themselves. Did they not realize that once her "BITCH SWITCH" was flipped that was a WRAP?::

Heidi, you have done well. I will show you to your new quarters in the mansion momentarily. For now, there IS business to discuss.

Talisman, Domino, Enchantrah, Fathom, you'll remain.

:: walking over to Lord Ravena::

And Lord Ravena,

:: she spoke in that low, sultry, "Catherine Tramell"-esque tone::

:: She stood right in front of him, raising her diamond form hand up to the crown of his head and carressing it, running her hand down, and letting her fingers gently caress his hear, neck, chest, waist...and....::

WE will reconvene in just a little while. I expect you'll have decided WHICH position...

:: a gentle cup...and then SQUEEZE::

In the Inner Circle you would like to take.

:: The two bid their fond, and to some...borderline disgusting...fare wells as Ravena took his life, offering one last gaze and parting words to Heidi, whom he was now suitably impressed with, as well as a parting glance at the impertinent red queen::

:: She returns to her throne::

Now then.

Speaking of "minding the store", Domino. I went you and Fathom to take a trip to The Citadle. Talisman revealed to me that we can expect visitors there.

Talisman

Pure Apathy
The Sisterhood
Real Name
Kelly Shaw
Missions
Ability
Omnisight, Mystical Detection, Techno Magick, Weaponry
Hellfire Club - The Catacombs

< Talisman offered her observations at what she had just witnessed Heidi accomplish in her debut, all but ignoring the comments that Diana had made about being a complete woman. This was where they're very nature differed. In her old life, she had found love. She had even risked her life for it. That time in her life had caused to her cast the very powerful spell that now remained, bound together by a piece of her soul, a spell that was all but unbreakable except by Talisman's hand herself. But she didn't cast that spell because she lost a great love or a potential family member, she cast it because she had come dangerously close to the one thing she loved above all else - her power. That was a position Kelly Shaw would never find herself in again. She could do more than convince a man to do things for her and the water elemental standing before her was proof of that. She would grease her own wheels for the time being, so to speak, and that was that. >

Domino: "Something tells me that wouldn't a problem. Learn when to celebrate your successes, Talisman."

Malice: "This was a showcase, not a test in a lab. If you weren't certain of her ability to perform, you wouldn't have brought her before me."

Fathom: "Undoubtedly. Any living creature survives on MY element. It doesn't matter how big or strong or powerful they are. They are ALL at my mercy. And even if they DON'T contain water....that doesn't mean they're safe."

"It's that kind of thinking that WILL undoubtedly get you killed..."

[shooting a look towards Diana]

"Don't get me wrong..it's always satisfying to see my work live and in action..and my hunger for perfection can be daunting, I understand.."

Malice: "I asked you to restore and unlock her potential. You've done that, and you've done it quite well. But what you WON'T do, is use this girl as a "test subject". There's an unsuspecting populace outside of these walls, PLENTY of targets and opportunities for you to get your stunted rocks off. Heidi Scarborough is MY white knight, and the same courtesy and respect you would expect to be extended to you and your court, you will show to the other courts as well, or do I have to KNOCK YOUR HEAD to remind YOU of what our common goal is?"

"Not unless you want a bullet from my pistol in yours, Diana."

< Kelly was well aware of their common goal, but that wasn't about to stop Kelly from doing what she needed to do. Her own Black Knight was currently living in the mansion, training and laying in wait for her own debut. She understood the necessity for ceremony, but there were times that Dr. Shaw simply couldn't help herself. It was in her nature to test things to their limits, see what they could take, find out what could make them better. >

[turning her glance back to Heidi]

"Not to be a downer, dear. We're all quite proud of you..and I trust that you realize that not taking what I've prescribed will cause the work that I've done for you to unwravel, your body to reject what's been unlocked..try and close itself off. Side effects can include loss of power, hallucinations, cardiac arrest...and DEATH."

< Cocking her head to the side as she looked at both Domino and Heidi. >

"Diana is right...we ALL share a common goal...and we all have different roles to play in reaching that goal. With a new regime brings new responsibility. None of us will survive as peripheral figures who smash and BASH their way through things. Each of you..will soon begin an EDUCATION in the work that is being done. Soon, you will be asked to do things that are necessary...and without question."

< Examining her black manicured nails. >

"So...even if you find my presentation bothersome or my methods not to your liking, get used to it. And LEARN from it...for your own sake."

Malice said:
:: The Red and Black Queens really were trying her today, and it was unfortunate that the two of them couldn't seem to help themselves. Did they not realize that once her "BITCH SWITCH" was flipped that was a WRAP?::

Heidi, you have done well. I will show you to your new quarters in the mansion momentarily. For now, there IS business to discuss.

Talisman, Domino, Enchantrah, Fathom, you'll remain.

And Lord Ravena,

:: She stood right in front of him, raising her diamond form hand up to the crown of his head and carressing it, running her hand down, and letting her fingers gently caress his hear, neck, chest, waist...and....::

WE will reconvene in just a little while. I expect you'll have decided WHICH position...

:: The two bid their fond, and to some...borderline disgusting...fare wells as Ravena took his life, offering one last gaze and parting words to Heidi, whom he was now suitably impressed with, as well as a parting glance at the impertinent red queen::

:: She returns to her throne::

Now then.

Speaking of "minding the store", Domino. I went you and Fathom to take a trip to The Citadle. Talisman revealed to me that we can expect visitors there.
< Kelly rolled her eyes at Malice's vulgar display..one she knew was more for HER than either Ravena or herself as Malice informed Domino that she would be taking Heidi to The Citadle. A smile curled up in her lips and her cobalt blue eyes smoldered. Perhaps it was POWER that loosened Kelly's buttons. >

"There is a mixture of members from The Six roster as well as from the team that was born from the attack of The Purifiers. I've got a selection of BOW's (Bio Organic Weapons), that I'd like you to take. Test at least ONE of them out on the group that follows, despite the fact that I can already see you thinking you won't need one."

< pausing for a moment, she made eye contact with the raven haired, tattooed mutant. >

"And Domino...I know I don't need to tell YOU this...but please...make it HURT."

Enchantrah

Red Queen
The Sisterhood
Real Name
Helena Quartermaine
Missions
Ability
Omnimorph
Diana became handsy and shoved Helena back in her seat before she could leave, dropping poor Coco in her lap to emphasis her point. The dog growled at the white queen.

"Shhh, her melt down is just beginning."

Diana: YOU do not set the tone of this gathering. If you were BORED or UNINTERESTED, then you should have taken advantage of the FAVOR I granted you by not ASKING you to attend. NEXT TIME, show some RESPECT.

"Oh come off it, Diana. You know i've been itching to meet the new Black Queen you've been hiding. How the hell was I supposed to know you were having a a show and tell with tweedle dee [Heidi] and tweedle dike [Maxine]."

Diana: I told you this when we recruited ISIS and I'm telling you NOW...WE will ONLY be able to out think, out maneuver and OUT LAST THEM :: The Six:: if we have the SAME kind of UNIFIED front as they do.

"So lets not involve the Red Queen then, right? Unified, indeed."

Helena snapped, growing tired of Diana's bolstering.

Diana Telepathically to Helena: Did you learn NOTHING from what WE experienced in the...OTHER timeline? Do you remember what WE went through during the SET situation!?

[telepathically] "Which makes me wonder why you're so quick to keep these mystery guests a SECRET from me. Anything else you're hiding Di? You do know I love some juicy gossip."

Helena gave her a side eye look, narrowing her eyes.

[telepathically] "I'm not here to start a problem, Diana. I'm here to make sure i'm apart of the SOLUTION. You know I don't want to relive our timeline, and you certainly know I don't TRUST anyone in this room BUT YOU. So stop whipping your dick out....and make use of THAT one."

Referring to Lord Ravena. Helena's narrowed eyes lightened as she smirked at her friend. Helena and Diana were partners in crime, in the literal and figurative sense. But they were also like oil and water. BUT, that was what made their friendship and sisterhood interesting. She watched as Diana took her advice and copped a little feel before dismissing Ravena. Giving him a cute little wave goodbye, Coco took that opportunity to jump off Helena's lap and sit beside her. Soon, the cute little pup was now a beautiful white wolf with RED eyes.

Diana: Speaking of "minding the store", Domino. I went you and Fathom to take a trip to The Citadle. Talisman revealed to me that we can expect visitors there.

Kelly: There is a mixture of members from The Six roster as well as from the team that was born from the attack of The Purifiers. I've got a selection of BOW's (Bio Organic Weapons), that I'd like you to take. Test at least ONE of them out on the group that follows, despite the fact that I can already see you thinking you won't need one. And Domino...I know I don't need to tell YOU this...but please...make it HURT."

Helena grinned maliciously.

"The lost little sheep are about to get eaten by the big bad wolf."

Coco snapped his teeth almost on cuee as Helena gently stroked the wolf's head.

Black Widow

Twisted Metal
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Haleigh Davidoff
Residence
Hellfire New York
Missions
Ability
Earth Elemental; Technokinesis; Strength, Resilience, and Immunity due to the TO virus
Clandestine Intelligence -- Haleigh's office

Isis: Haleigh....

Having been pulled back out of the ballroom to safety, Haleigh and Dominique shared a meaningful look. The steady breeze blew Haleigh's red strands around. Thunder crashed again, triggering a spike in her headache, and she still hadn't said anything.

Isis: ....Not....not since SET have I...been at a loss for words like this.

"Yes.... it's been a long time for ME as well...."

She had a thousand yard stare, and it was clear that her mind was filled with comprehension.

Isis: But I know that I'm not the person you need to be with right now. I'll send you whereever you want to go, and I'll KEEP your...THIS...confidential. Whatever happens, Haleigh, the dynamic between US will not change, unless YOU allow it to.

"Thank you again..... send me to my office.... at the corner of 5th and 85th. I.... appreciate your discretion.... I am in your debt."

That was all she could say. Isis seemed to understand this, and sent Haleigh on her way as requested. She reappeared at LCI, and walked stiltedly through an empty evening lobby to the elevator, and accessed her private office below ground, in the hidden headquarters of Clandestine. If any of the night guards greeted her, she didn't notice, she just kept putting one foot in front of the other until she was safely ensconced in her office and the door locked behind her. It was dark in here, so dark that her eyes began to give off that 'Sentinel Glow', but she didn't turn on the lights. She was barely cognizant of her surroundings.

Alice: She wants you BACK, Haleigh, and she will cut down ANYONE to get to you. You know she can...and she WILL.

It was crashing down on her now. Haleigh felt her body start to tremble, her hands shaking uncontrollably as she looked around the room, beads of sweat rolling down her temples. There! A potted plant. She lunged for it, coughing and sputtering and dry heaving for a few seconds. Her eyes watered and her stomach felt like it was turning over, but nothing came up, and she knelt to regain her bearing, her mind racing. She couldn't even make sense of it. It was all true?! I was.... manufactured... with Christopher Victory's and Diana's DNA?

Her head felt like it was splitting in half, like the knowledge she'd just uncovered had literally BLOWN her mind. It was so bad, she passed out, faceplanting in the dirt she was kneeling over.

She let herself into the observation bay, and immediately Adam Chandler looked over his shoulder at her. Through the one-way glass, she could see her daughter strapped down in a chair, hooked up to machines. Two men were in the room with Scion, interrogating her. One of them was none other than Christopher Victory himself.

Adam: Diana! I didn't think you intended to take part.

She hadn't intended to take part. She hadn't wanted to be involved.... but as the reports of her capture and psychological evaluations came in, she instinctively wanted to see it.... and the urge consumed her.

"What have you discovered so far?"

Adam: They're asking typical interrogation questions to keep her under the impression that she's been captured behind enemy lines. I want to see her react naturally to our testing, without knowing that she's being tested. What we're really measuring is Scion's tolerance thresholds for various stimuli. We've gotten much higher than average results for blunt force damage resistance, electric shock capacity, cold tolerance, food deprivation, and psychological resilience.

Christopher suddenly backhanded Scion, and then reapplied electric shock. As she watched, she felt malice rising up within her, hatred-- for Christopher and his lackey, because they were interrogating her daughter-- roiling like a rip tide. Scion's nose began to bleed and finally, Frankenstein activated the intercom.

Adam: Turn that thing OFF. I TOLD you.... her heart can't take surges in rapid succession OR in increasing doses so high. We don't want her dead... YET.

She watched carefully, silently as Scion began to smile at the men torturing her. It was a cold smile, bloody and insane, chilling to witness.... and then:

Scion: 1. I am an American, fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense. 2. I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to resist. 3. If I am captured, I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I WILL ACCEPT NEITHER PAROLE NOR SPECIAL FAVORS FROM THE ENEMY. AND WHEN I ESCAPE, MOTHERFUCKER, I WILL COME AFTER YOU! AND WHEN I FIND YOU, YOU SORRY SON OF A BITCH, I WILL KILL YOU. I'LL RIP OUT YOUR VOCAL CORDS AND STRANGLE YOU WITH THEM! I'LL--

The lackey knocked Scion out to silence her. It's Diana's turn to smile now, a mirror of her daughter's earlier deranged leer. Adam looked back at her with a mildly impressed expression.

Adam: Charming, isn't she? Doesn't play well with others. Like her mother, but rougher around the edges.

"I've never threatened to strangle you with your own vocal cords, Adam."

Adam: No, your threats are more subtle. Anyway, I've taken blood samples so we can test her receptiveness to our various viral strains-- Christopher seems SURE she'll absorb the T.O. virus, but I want to know our options first. I've got.........

She tuned him out. She was watching them take Scion out of the room, back to the holding cell. She shouldn't have come here. Now that she had seen..... She had to put a stop to this madness. What they were doing.... what they had planned.... it was heinous..... and it wasn't the end that Scion deserved. She left the room while Adam was still droning on. It was easy to find them.

Guards were dragging Scion through the hall, making lewd jokes. Their minds were dull and slow and they lacked basic situational awareness. Malice didn't have to sneak up on them. She touched her hand to her forehead in a salute gesture and tossed a psi javelin at the man on the left, who fell the instant he was hit and showed no sign of life. The other man dropped Scion and turned, reaching for his pistol. She psycho blasted him so hard he went through the wall.

She knelt by her daughter, reaching out and gently touching her face, tucking her hair behind her ear. A white halo appeared around Scion's head, as she reached out with her mind.

WAKE UP, little girl. wake up...

The girl stirred, opening iridescent blue eyes that were glassy and unfocused. Scion moved in jerks and starts, her hands still bound in front of her.

It's time to escape now.... take my hand....

Scion: Escape.... My men! I have to save them.....

Your men are dead. Save yourself! Get up..... run!

She urged, pulling the girl to her feet and pushing her in the right direction, giving the girl a mental map of the corridors, and knowledge of the nearest exit path. She watched as Scion rushed down the hall, limping as fast as she could manage. Scion collided with a patrolling guard. She thought she would have to intervene, but Scion made short work of the man even with her hands tied. Scion's mind was sharp and calculating, and the girl was already overcoming the mental haze of her concussion.

-----------

She came back around with a groan, inhaling dirt and sitting back. Small grains of soil and plant food stuck to one side of her face, but she didn't seem to notice or care.

This time, Haleigh DID remember her side of the flash, or most of it. It had been her old body, before her death in the Inferno Event at the hands of Morgan Victoria. She had been killed during Morgan's rampage, along with Morgan's OTHER sister...... Blaze. Every memory seemed skewed now, as she was recalling things from a new perspective.

Her time in captivity, the torture.... her first experience with MysTech, she had been at the mercy [or lack thereof] of her biological father.....Christopher. During her escape, she had seen the MysTech logo on the clothes of the men she fought and killed. It was the reason she started tracking MysTech when she got out of the Navy and ran her own intelligence ops.

Diana had watched, and reacted with emotion to the sight of Haleigh being interrogated. Diana had stepped in to free Haleigh. Her concussion clouded her own recollection of her escape..... Haleigh couldn't remember having been freed by Malice, but when Malice had recovered Haleigh after Viper, it had felt so familiar THEN... like they'd been there before.

She needed desperately to seek Karen's counsel now, but that was not an option. She'd driven Karen over the cliff with the mere IMPLICATION, and neither of them had been able to approach the TRUTH. Now there was no CHOICE but to accept it, and figure out what to do about it, but there wasn't a person in her life that she wanted to lay this burden on right now. As Haleigh sat there, on her office floor in the dark, she felt more alone than ever.

Last edited:

Fathom

Leviathan
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Heidi Scarborough
Missions
Ability
Omega Class Water Elemental
The Hellfire Club - Catacombs

OH, how delightful it'd be to DROWN that little powderpuff PUP

Heidi thought, as the little ankle-biter's yapping echoed in the room unpleasantly. And then it seemed the White Queen had reached HER limit as well, as she promptly put the little bugger and its owner BOTH in their place. A smirk crept up on Heidi's face as she watched Malice prove just why the White Court was the PREMIER court.

Further, Diana addressed Talisman, and shut HER down as well, and Heidi was grateful for that, as Malice declared she was no longer a 'test subject'.

Diana: Heidi Scarborough is MY white knight, and the same courtesy and respect you would expect to be extended to you and your court, you will show to the other courts as well, or do I have to KNOCK YOUR HEAD to remind YOU of what our common goal is?

Kelly: Not unless you want a bullet from my pistol in yours, Diana.

Heidi, now standing just behind Malice, raised her hand.

WAS THAT THREAT?

She wondered, ready for anything, but it seemed that Kelly was jut talking out of her ass, because she bowed to Diana's will soon enough, and went instead to chastising Heidi about continuing to take her medication. It was about as effective as warning a teenager about the consequences of smoking, and just as well received.

Diana: Heidi, you have done well. I will show you to your new quarters in the mansion momentarily. For now, there IS business to discuss.

"Fantastic."

There was a brief pause for Diana to send Lord Ravena off, which looked for a moment like maybe they were going to shag, but then they separated and everyone got back on topic.

Diana: Now then. Speaking of "minding the store", Domino. I went you and Fathom to take a trip to The Citadle. Talisman revealed to me that we can expect visitors there.

Kelly: There is a mixture of members from The Six roster as well as from the team that was born from the attack of The Purifiers.

"Do we get to KILL them?"

Heidi asked, with a gleam in her eyes.

Lord Ravena

Lord of the Undead
Hellfire Club
Missions
Ability
Magick, Vampirism
Fireworks to go with the formality! This would be an interesting century after all! Lord Ravena watched with glee as the women assembled went through the process of sorting and re-sorting their own alpha egos. Finally, Diana has reasserted herself, and she was ready to continue.

And Lord Ravena,

Heidi. Do not fail to reconnect with me when you have the time. There are always things to teach, things to learn.

He chuckled to himself as he began to walk away, glancing at Helena once more as she felt a rush of adrenaline up and down her spine. He had seen what the American Branch of the Hellfire Club had to offer, and he was anticipating how they would proceed.

Harbinger

Seer
The Six
Real Name
Alison Marble
Residence
Minerva&#039;s Mansion in Greece
Missions
Ability
The Clocktower- Reading Room

Mina nodded.

“The collection is…was…my late husband’s life’s work. To an outside observer such as Xavier…the temptation to remove many of the items would be great. However, there are MANY items that should not be allowed out into the world again. MOST in the wrong hands could lead to disastrous results.”

She paused, pursing her lips before continuing.

“It is not that I do not trust your judgment, as Zizi does. I do. I know of your abilities and I respect them. But Zizi only sees the good in people – she does not know how they can disappoint. I fear that we may find too late that we have allowed a wolf into the henhouse.”
:: Alison looked upon Mina with more than a little empathy.::

I know the feeling...the frustration...even the resentment of people and their endless ability to disappoint.

To look at someone, and to perceive, to KNOW that they'll fail...or even BETRAY you (the last part referring to Alexis Quartermaine) and they act as though nothing is wrong. On the one hand, I can't deny that I have an advantage with my precognition, but sometimes, when it comes to people- especially those I care about, or situations that are deeply personal- it is the bane of my existence.

:: Alison was responding to Mina in a way she hadn't imagined she would at first, but she sensed that if anyone among the Birds of prey, outside of Dominique, Sharon, Alycia or even Zach, could be trusted to allow a moment of familiarity, it would be Mina. The woman had a sense and understanding of privacy and discretion. ::

You've heard of Barbara Minerva?

:: The reaction that Mina gave confirmed that she had::

Beyond her world reknowned reputation of being a legendary explorer, relic hunter, archeologist, historian, and archivist, she was immortal, and a temporal anamoloy. She existed in Persephone's native timeline, and was a close friend and ally of Persephone and her....famiy.

:: Alison stopped short of referring to them by name- The Masters of Evil::

She existed in this timeline exactly as she had in the Persephone's timeline. During the red moon, she contacted Persephone and the Six for help. She died helping The Six, sacrificing herself to give us a chance to stop Circe before she possessed Spellbinder's body and destroyed the world.

She was reborn as the amazon Minerva. She's on Themyscira to this day, with no memory of her previous life.

But when she died...she left behind this...vast collection and archive known to the ELITE of magickal and historian circles as "the secrets of the world." These items are housed in "The Vault", an immense underground structure composed of technology beyond that of this world. HOW she came by this tech is a mystery to this day. Even my technopath, Black Widow, can't completely determine the nature or origin of the Vault and it's mechanisms.

I was appointed Barbara's successor, by Hecate herself.

I reside in Minerva's Aerie, and I protect "the secrets of the world", as well as the legendary, infamous Pandora, and of course, I am the Keeper of Time.

Like you, I oversee artifacts, relics, objects...FAR too dangerous to be left out in the world for the greedy or avaricious to find and try to exploit.

The very nature of what I do led me into my first encounter, and CONFLICT with Tachyon.

He robbed a young witch who was the shop keeper of the apothecary Bell, Book & Candle. Because of the nature of his powers, I hadn't even sensed or perceived him at first. But the moment he struck, in the immediate aftermath, I was able to look BACK. My gift of sight allows me to see forward AND backward through time.

I "SAW" him, what he was and what he could do, and so I went after him. I was the first witch he'd encountered who could account for, and COUNTER his power.

We fought...verbally AND physically.

But even in the heat of the battle, Xavier did not come across malevolent.

Finally, when he realized he was not going to be able to bowl me over and zoom off into the night, he explained himself. The artifact he'd stolen from the apothecary belonged to a small, ancient community that was still in exisistence. The item had been plundered many moons ago, and eventually wound up in the apothecary. He sought to return it to it's rightful owners. The young witch had no knowledge of that. Xavier, whom I'm sure would've been LOVED by Barbara, given his passion for archeology, history and the occult, was willing to listen to reason, and we worked out a fair and ETHICAL solution.

He understood that victimizing the witch was wrong and unfair, and though there was a legitimate issue of rightful ownership, he couldn't just continue to do things like this with EVERYONE.

After that, he helped me with rescuing my brother, and all of us to stop the purifiers and the nimrod.

I was in a very LOW place at that time, Mina. When you talk about personal LOSS, I had just sustained a personal loss...of GREAT magnitude...during the Blue Moon, and I was still suffering from that.

Xavier, without knowing it, was...lifeline. And he was GENUINE in his desire to see me through whatever was upseting me. I couldn't ignore his generous kindness or his tide turning assistance during the purifiers event. I learned that he was...in transition- not living in any stable place at the time. So when he asked for SHELTER...I had to seriously consider his request.

When you think about it...the fact that a super speedster was NOT living a secure, even LAVISH lifestyle, despite having a power that would allow him to get whatever he wanted? That was one CLEAR indicator of his moral compass.

But like YOU, I had concerns. Would he try to run around me in mansion and reach the vault to having one hell of a "shopping spree" or some misguided attempt at being robin hood? There are so many SENSITIVE items- including the Siege Perilous, which hasn't been ACTIVE in 6 months.

I finally agreed to his request for shelter and sanctuary. But I had a VERY candid talk with him. I let him know what would happen if he betrayed my trust and violated the security of my mansion OR the vault, and that there was NO WHERE on this earth he could run that I couldn't find him. And while for OTHER people that might be a mere idle threat, coming from a precog, he KNEW that was the truth.

Beyond that, I took steps. I created protocolls with my chief of security, Arsenal. I laid a series of TK traps and Temporal warps based on all the scenarios I observed him creating via my precognition. Between those things, along with the anti-personnel /theft technology in the vault, and the security protocolls that my team have JUST for him...i created a VERY strong deterent and buffer.

Mina, if it would make you feel better, I could create a series of TK traps and temporal warps HERE in the clock tower, wherever you feel they are most needed.

I can assure you though, regardless of your choice, Xavier CAN be trusted. Not ONCE did he try me. I eventually gave him a tour of the mansion, including the vault. I have not regretted it.

And I give you my word, IF Xavier was to betray you and this team, and steal from you, you contact ME, and I'll hold him accountable.

:: Alison waited for Mina's response::

Prophet
Prophet
This made me understand Xavier a lot better. Really nice background there!

Mina Harker

Naughty or Nice?
The Six
Real Name
Mina Murray Harker
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Psychometric Sixth Sense
The Clocktower - Reading Room

Mina had to respect Alison for being genuine with her. Most people hid their true selves, and intentions, behind flowery words and empty promises.

Alison said:
You've heard of Barbara Minerva?
Mina nodded. Truly a great woman, and one of the very few that Mina admired. She had done great work, akin to her husband’s.

Alison said:
She died helping The Six, sacrificing herself to give us a chance to stop Circe before she possessed Spellbinder's body and destroyed the world.
Mina was truly saddened by this.

“It is a pity that she is no longer of this world – and that it was violence that took her from it. I keep waiting for the day when the world at last finds peace, but I fear even I will not live that long. I am glad Barbara Minerva has found it at least.”

Alison described the vault she was caretaker of, not unlike the library that Mina tended. She went on to describe how she had come to meet Xavier Winston, Jr.

Alison said:
But even in the heat of the battle, Xavier did not come across malevolent.
Mina’s unseeing eyes stared off into the distance.

“Sometimes good people do bad things. It does not matter that their hearts are good.”

Alison said:
But like YOU, I had concerns. Would he try to run around me in mansion and reach the vault to having one hell of a "shopping spree" or some misguided attempt at being robin hood? There are so many SENSITIVE items- including the Siege Perilous, which hasn't been ACTIVE in 6 months.
She nodded – the same concern that she had. And then Alison mentioned the Siege: so it had NOT in all probability in fact brought Jasmine to this reality. She did not allow her face to betray her interest in this piece of information.

Alison said:
Mina, if it would make you feel better, I could create a series of TK traps and temporal warps HERE in the clock tower, wherever you feel they are most needed. I can assure you though, regardless of your choice, Xavier CAN be trusted. Not ONCE did he try me. I eventually gave him a tour of the mansion, including the vault. I have not regretted it. And I give you my word, IF Xavier was to betray you and this team, and steal from you, you contact ME, and I'll hold him accountable.
Mina sat quietly for a moment, her lips pursed, her fingers steepled in front of her. And then finally, she spoke.

“Alright. I will take you at your word. The traps are not necessary. Sometimes, like Zizi, we must all make a leap of faith.”

Status
Not open for further replies.