1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Janet Jackson announces 'Unbreakable' world tour

Discussion in 'Spin' started by Carol Peletier, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Carol Peletier

Carol Peletier Look at the flowers... Staff Member Contributing Member

Janet Jackson Announces 'Unbreakable' World Tour

------------------------

I like Janet, but can she pull it off? Her last album, "Discipline", while ambitious for her, was poorly promoted & ended up dropping off the charts very quickly, & her last tour was cxl'ed early on due to health issues she was having.

Can she come back the way her HARD CORE fans hope she will? I really want to see what her new album will be like. I felt like she made a big mistake abruptly parting ways w/ Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis, they gave her her biggest hits for 20 yrs & helped her craft a sound that made her a pop powerhouse.

The last album of her's that I REALLY enjoyed was "The Velvet Rope".

2. Prophet

Prophet Aftershock Staff Member Contributing Member

I heard a snippet of a song yesterday and I wasn't feeling it. If you are gonna comeback you have to give people the Janet they love, the Rhythm Nation type of in your face naughty girl with the soft voice.

I don't know why she doesn't do more music in the David Guetta type of wheelhouse. (Her and Kelly Rowland for that matter.)

Carol Peletier: agreed @ the "rhythm nation type" :) that's the sound Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis helped her craft over the years
  3. Carol Peletier

New single from Janet

Janet Jackson Makes Her Long-Awaited Return With ‘No Sleeep,’ the Slow Jam of Your Dreams

---------------------

I hear a melow strength in this track that reminds me of the production of "Velvet Rope". & It's GREAT to read that Janet has teamed back up w/ Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis. They were the duo that helped make her sound that was a "design of a decade".

I'm intrigued as to what else will be offered on this album. Janet CAN'T make an album w/ out @ least ONE strong dance track! :D

4. Carol Peletier

Well, this thread is an example for me on how much time has passed. -_-

All the fan fare over Janet's supposed "come back" & once again, she didn't even complete half the damn tour! LOL! I know the official reason is b/c she was "planning her family" & is now in the midst of a "very difficult pregnancy", so I really do wish her well & hope that she & the baby will be OK.

But before she tries another tour, maybe she should remember one of her own songs for advice: "let's wait awhile"

oh & then there's this:

The first time I saw this after someone showed it to me...I was laughing so much I was CRYING! " I will see this bitch on youtube like everyone else!" LMAO :oops:

5. Carol Peletier

@Havok did you see this vid? I laughed so much I had tears rolling down my face! He was ACTING UP....but was he lying though? :p