1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kanye West: Glastonbury Headlining Slot Protested

Discussion in 'Spin' started by Screen Legend, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Screen Legend

Screen Legend Legendary

Almost 60K Sign Petition to Keep Kanye West from Headlining U.K. Festival

This part made me laugh out loud:

"Kanye West is an insult to music fans all over the world."

The creator of this petition is going to Glastonbury for the very first time this year. He's certainly entitled to his opinions, and I agree that KW is not that great of an artist, but what gives HIM the right to tell organizers who they can or can't get to play at their festivel, especially since it's his first time going. :rolleyes:

2. Clara Oswald

Clara Oswald Oswin! Staff Member Contributing Member

Well, to be fair, he started it as a joke and the fans have a right to communicate to the organizers their feelings, as obviously he's not the only one who feels that way. Personally, I'd like to see Glastonbury choose a UK artist for their headliner.

Screen Legend: That's true.
  3. Rampage

Rampage I am a fucking god. Contributing Member

For me it is about people voicing opinions and I get all of that. But to be clear, Kanye is nothing short of genius in terms of production and WAY above average lyrically. The singing...he does OK when he stays in his range. He is far from an insult and I would wonder if this person simply was not a fan of hip hop.

4. DonDaddyD

DonDaddyD ::Gesturing ala Nas::

I'll tell you in another lifetime when we are both
    Kanye's popularity dropped IMO the minute he got involved with that Kardashian girl.

Skindred should headline Glastonbury. Not some iced up hip hop star. I wasn't even feeling his 'grime' song at the Brit awards. Throwing up the N-word as though its use is acceptable in England, how uncouth.

Not a fan.

Clara Oswald likes this.