1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lady Gaga "Million Reasons"

Discussion in 'Spin' started by Prophet, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Prophet

Prophet Aftershock Staff Member Contributing Member

Lady Gaga just dropped the second single for her upcoming album "Joanne"! What do you think?

I really like this song. I think Lady Gaga does excel at pop/dance music but I've always enjoyed her more when she strips everything down. When she first came out everybody liked to compare her to Madonna, but I always felt she had more of an Elton John style to her as showcased in songs like "Speechless" and "You and I". This song follows the far more fancy hit "Perfect Illusion" so the songs don't seem to vibe with each other at all.

Her last CD "Art Pop" was a giant fail for me and she admitted that she had gone through a period of surrounding herself with "Yes Men" who would just tell her everything she did was amazing so she is trying with "Joanne" to get back to a more personal artistic side that is stronger than the last album.

what do you guys think?

Carol Peletier likes this.
  2. Carol Peletier

Carol Peletier Look at the flowers... Staff Member Contributing Member

Very nice! I'm getting a hint of Amy Winehouse in her vocals on this song, & I LOVE Amy << stops herself from hijacking Gaga's thread for Amy>> LOL

When Gaga came out, she definitely was channeling Madonna, along w/ Grace Jones. My absolute fav songs of Gaga's to date are "Love Game (Disco Stick) & Alejandro...I still keep Alejandro on rotation on my laptop. I didn't mind the "echo" in style & delivery...but then when "Born this way" came out, song & video, I was like "Okay Gaga, stop swagger jacking Madonna!" & I cooled off her for a while.

I love that she's gone on to do other vocal stylings & has pulled back on the outrageous costumes so that more attention can be drawn to her voice, her lyrics (which have always been great) & her own artistry. I see your point about the Elton John style too. I think she's finally finding her REAL niche & I look forward to what more she'll show us.