Not open for further replies.

Seer

The Watcher
Residence
every place
Missions
Across time and space

<< Limbo, the "doorway" to infinite possibilities in the time stream!>>

<< This eldritch Otherplace is ruled by the era's current Sorceress Supreme, Spellbinder.>>

<< Here, she is special, she can do ANYTHING. >>

<< More than a sorceress, she is also a mutant with the power to telepathically control the stepping discs that originate in Limbo, allowing her to teleport through time and space. She can go anywhere, anytime!>>

<< But in spite of this, she knows in her icy heart that she belongs on EARTH. The growing dischord and imbalance of magick has begun to pressure her.>>

<< Originally, she left to recover from the aftermath of the Blue Moon, and the loss of her best friend since childhood, Delilah Trelevan. But after a time, she began to grow resentful of the boundaries and restrictions that were present on earth. She began to feel that she didn't NEED to be there. She began to drink deeply from the well of power that was her's by right as mistress of this magickal pocket dimension.>>

<<But before she could lose herself in this arcane power, before she could lose her humanity and her connections to what really mattered to her, what really enriched and drove her life, ORORO confronted her, and had a truly stern, yet well meaning talk with her, telling her it was time for her to leave this place. This place was meant to be a refuge, and her private sanctuary, NOT her "forever Home." >>

<< Morgan listened to the counsel of the immortal weather witch, knowing that she DID have unfnished business, and a team, a FAMILY to get back to, and she obeyed, finally living large castle, the Summit, which sat atop the most massive mountain of Limbo.>>

<< From there, back to earth, Morgan returns, but NOT to New York City! Rather, to MELROSE PLACE!>>

<< It is late autumn, and evening time.>>

<< The sorceress arrives in the courtyard, and there's no one here. They have returned to NYC.>>

<< It was only a matter of time, and Melrose Place had been a "resting" point as the Six slowly returned to society after being exiled following the fallout from the Bishop caper!>>

<< Clandestine Inc and the security add ons from Black Widow had kept this place safe and free of any vandals.>>

Spellbinder

Bitchcraft
The Six
Real Name
Morgan
Residence
Limbo
Missions
Ability
Stepping Discs; Flight ; Magick -Sorceress Supreme
Melrose Place- Apartment 4

<< The cold of Limbo makes the "cool" of an earth autumn feel like spring time.>>

<< Spellbinder stands in the courtyard. >>

<< The land lady of Melrose Place has returned but No one is here, no one to welcome her home, but after the "dream time" experience, she wasn't really looking forward to a big fuss over her return.>>

<< She slowly looks around, and as the autumn breeze blows, and some leaves flow across the courtyard, she stretches a bit.>>

Hmmmm.

<< It IS good to be home again. Already she is is REMINDED of her place HERE on earth. Her mental, physical and emotional connections. She DOES want to see her mother, her sister, her lover, her friends...the people who matter to her. But it can't be like it was before. She DOES have work to do. Sorceress Supreme isn't just a title, its a mantle, even a BURDEN in someways, one that she MUST carry, and be more dedicated to than before.>>

<< Her experience in the dream time event showed her just how much more she could be capable of if she focused on her mantle and all that it truly meant, and she was going to do that.>>

<< After doing so many things while in Limbo, letting time BLUR and not always adhering to her body's internal rhythms, right now, as she was adjusting to being back here, the first thing she wanted to do was lavish herself in a shower, and then SLEEP. >>

<< after a slow walk around the courtyard, and a gaze at the door of apartment 1, Delilah Trelevan's apartment, Morgan makes her way toward it, and opens it.>

<< Inside, she sees a few things here and there. Delilah hasn't been here in a while, but a small piece of her presence lingers. Morgan remembers Delilah, her best friend...how many moons ago was THAT?>>

<< She moves through Delilah's apartment, looking in each room. There's one picture of herself, Delilah, Alison and Blaze on the nightstand. Morgan picks it up, and gazes at it for a moment, before the sound of the front door creaking as the wind blows captures her attention. She sets the picture down, and exits Delilah's apartment.>>

<< A wind whistles, and and more leaves blow across the courtyard as the sorceress walks and makes her way up the spiral staircase to Apartment 4. She enters and closes the door behind her.>>

<< Inside her large apartment, things are fine, it's as if she never left! she passes by Tinker, and the kitten, who are both on the couch in the living room.>>

<< She removes her clothes as she makes her way to her chamber of dreams.>>

<< After a long, hot, luxurious shower, Morgan is soon ready to rest and let her body "reset" itself. Tommorow will be a new day, back home, and there will be PLENTY to do. As she begins to drift off to sleep, Tinker soon climbs on the bed and curls up next to her mommy.

<< All is dark, calm and silent in Apartment 4. The winds howl outside in the night.>>

<< We see the various apartments facing the courtyard but there are no lights on in any of them.>>

<< She sleeps, but as we view her in her chamber of dreams, we note something unusual.>>

<< The shadows that cast along the walls and at various places and angles in her room move and lengthen slowly. There is the sound of groaning....almost as if the room, the BUILDING itself as ACHING in PAIN! There is the sound of structural stress...and we see that the lamps on the night stands on either side of her bed are moving a bit...almost LEANING on angles away from the bed. Pictures on the wall slowly shift. >>

<< Suddenly, Tinker opens her eyes, and perks up. >>

<< a faint but noticeable trail of energy flows in and settles down around the covered legs of Morgan. Tinker mews once as she gets up, and begins to growl.>>

<< the trail of energy begins to glow more brightly until taking on the form of a large....SNAKE.>>

<< Tinker hisses and growls loudly, and Morgan begins to stir as the snake makes it way up the covers toward her.>>

Hmm....? Tink?

<< as she instinctively moves and stretches, she feels the weight and movement on her legs....and as she gains more awareness she realizes...>>

What?!

<< GASP!>>

<< Her violet eyes widen and her face contorts in fear...but she can't even cry out! She's almost FROZEN in FEAR as her mind races through what, HOW...WHY....and finally>>

HELP!?

<< The snake is coming closer, and Spellbinder is CRIPPLED by SHOCK and FEAR. Tinker "spits" at the snake, which briefly turns its attention to the enchanted feline and then STRIKES at it!>>

NO!!! T...TINKER...RUN...

<< Morgan SCREAMS as eldritch chimes sound off.>>

<< Tinker darts off the bed, and rushes into a shadowed corner, disappearing in swirl of dark orbs.>>

<< The snake rears up over Morgan, and is about to ATTACK HER, when a glowing violet pentagram of protection spins into view at a verticle ANGLE BLOCKING it's strike, but she's STILL took paralyzed by fear to PHYSICALLY MOVE! She can BARELY take a decent breath!>>

Seer said:
<< NYC. The Parthenon. Nicolas' apartment.>>

<< The mutant demi god is awakened by the plaintive meowing of a distressed siamese who is on his chest.>>

<< Once he is awakened, he sees an "image bubble" shimmer into view, and the threat of a LARGE snake that is trying to attack Spellbinder in her apartment of Melrose Place!>>

<< He's had DREAMS of being visited by Tinker OR Morgan before, and he's not sure if this is another one, but he has to go to her, right now!>>

Rampage

I am a fucking god.
The Six
Real Name
Nicolas King
Residence
Melrose Place
Missions
Ability
Telepath, Telekinetic, Mind Control, Super Strength, Durability , Healing Factor
NICOLAS' SUITE, The Parthenon

Dreams.

He doesn't do it often, indeed, does not require sleep. But it is helpful if one can get it, and so he does. Nicolas is stretched out and comfortable, dreaming peacefully of pleasant times when...

<< NYC. The Parthenon. Nicolas' apartment.>>

<< The mutant demi god is awakened by the plaintive meowing of a distressed siamese who is on his chest.>>

<< Once he is awakened, he sees an "image bubble" shimmer into view, and the threat of a LARGE snake that is trying to attack Spellbinder in her apartment of Melrose Place!>>

<< He's had DREAMS of being visited by Tinker OR Morgan before, and he's not sure if this is another one, but he has to go to her, right now!>>
In one move he rises and calls forth his axe as he teleports to Morgan's Chamber of Dreams. So great is his haste that he forgets something....

...he arrives at Melrose Place where he sees the snake menacing Morgan! With his free hand he grabs it's tail, pulling it away from her. He studies it as it hisses its irritation. If it is natural he will simply teleport it to a suitable habitat. Otherwise he will strike and kill it. He pays no mind to the fact that he did not bother to get dressed..

Spellbinder

Bitchcraft
The Six
Real Name
Morgan
Residence
Limbo
Missions
Ability

<< Tinkerbell returns, quickly trotting through the same shadowed corner she escaped from. The "big one" listened to her and came to help mommy!>>

No...not natural!

<< she barely utters as she struggles, her hand clutching her chest as Nicolas quickly pulls the snake away in a manner that Morgan couldn't imagine being able to do. >>

<< Nicolas hears, and doesnt waste another moment. With one mighty strike , the nasty snake is gone! Tink is relieved, but Mommy is still distressed, her body is locking up from the fear, and she can barely draw a decent breath.>>

<< Tink is carrying something in her mouth, and In one smooth, silent, graceful leap, she is on the bed, and from her mouth she drops Morgan's rescue inhaler into one of Morgan's free hands>>

<< she could see Nicolas, and as he was trying to attend her she was trying to speak again but she couldn't. His way to her was partially obstructed by the pentagram of protection too>>

<< Nicolas quickly guides her hand with the inhaler to her mouth and she instinctively knows what to do.>>

<<After a few tense moments, the calming, healing medicine, created by Ororo, and far beyond that typically prescribed by a mortal doctor, takes its effect and the sorceress' body and lungs calm, and she's able to speak. she deactivates the pentagram of protection. >>

...Nic....colas?!

<< she says with uncertainty at first, swallowing and looking rather intense, as Tinker mews a bit and immediately lays down beside her mommy.>>

Nicolas!

That snake wasn't naturally occurring!

<< She sensed that via her magickal detection. Ororo had told her that things were out of balance here, and she could feel it!>>

<< She paused before continuing, looking at Nicolas with her violet eyes>>

Nicolas...where are your CLOTHES!?

<< Moments later.>>

<< Morgan and Nicolas are sitting in the living room of apartment 4, sitting across from one another on her sofa, with a fire now going in the fireplace. Morgan is enjoying a goblet of Hemlock direct from Ororo, while Nicolas has his own drink.>>

<< The light from the fire is all their is in apartment form, and it's warmth is natural and comforting. >>

<< The hemlock takes the edge off of Morgan, and Nicolas, now wearing nightwear that Morgan conjured for him, takes in the sight and sound of a truly returned Spellbinder, her enchanted familiar, and the small fluffy white kitten, both of whome are laying on the couch. The kitten is in Nicolas' lap & Tinker is in Morgan's lap.>>

Thank you for responding to Tinker, and coming as quickly as you did.

Someone sent that snake here. Or...the spell was already set in motion, just waiting for me to return. Either way...it wasn't natural.

<< But inspite of that mystery needing to be addressed, there was another more personal matter at hand.>>

Nicolas, what is it?

There's tension all over your face. What is it that you have to say?

Rampage

I am a fucking god.
The Six
Real Name
Nicolas King
Residence
Melrose Place
Missions
Ability
Telepath, Telekinetic, Mind Control, Super Strength, Durability , Healing Factor
No...not natural!
That was all it took as Nicolas flipped up the blade of his axe and swung the viper's tail so that it's head fell against the blade, severing cleanly. He teleported both pieces away to the bottom of the Pacific as he then turned to a still-in-distress Morgan.

Tink dropped the inhaler in her hand but she was still frozen. Nicolas attended her other side, ignoring the stings of her protective pentagram for the most part. Finally he got her hand to her face and she was able to administer the medication. The smell of it indicated that it was not what you got at a CVS, and her recovery indicated the same. They both realized something was missing at the same time.

Nicolas!

That snake wasn't naturally occurring!

<< She sensed that via her magickal detection. Ororo had told her that things were out of balance here, and she could feel it!>>

<< She paused before continuing, looking at Nicolas with her violet eyes>>

Nicolas...where are your CLOTHES!?
Tink got me out of bed! You know how I sleep and I came to help without thinking about that. Besides, you are only STARTLED. I see you looking. You're are far from disappointed.

But that was not on his mind, not TONIGHT. Not at all. She conjured up something for him to wear and they sat on the couch by the fire. She drank her Hemlock and he had a White Russian as he caressed the kitten who was happy to see him return as well. He looked over at Morgan. She was as pretty as ever, and he hesitated due to the risk of breaking the tranquility. But he had some things to say. And she could tell...

Thank you for responding to Tinker, and coming as quickly as you did.

Someone sent that snake here. Or...the spell was already set in motion, just waiting for me to return. Either way...it wasn't natural.

<< But inspite of that mystery needing to be addressed, there was another more personal matter at hand.>>

Nicolas, what is it?

There's tension all over your face. What is it that you have to say?
Nicolas took a moment to think about things, everything he had been thinking about, before he spoke. Finally, he opened his mouth and let his heart talk.

You know how I feel about you. And that has not changed at all. I have cherished the times we have spent since you went to Limbo, but even that became fewer and farther in between. You are an incredibly special woman Morgan, and I love you, but I have my doubts that you feel the same way. And I need to know where I stand while I have you here to even ask such a question.

Spellbinder

Bitchcraft
The Six
Real Name
Morgan
Residence
Limbo
Missions
Ability
Apartment 4

Nicolas took a moment to think about things, everything he had been thinking about, before he spoke. Finally, he opened his mouth and let his heart talk.

You know how I feel about you. And that has not changed at all. I have cherished the times we have spent since you went to Limbo, but even that became fewer and farther in between. You are an incredibly special woman Morgan, and I love you, but I have my doubts that you feel the same way. And I need to know where I stand while I have you here to even ask such a question.
<< Morgan enjoyed a drink of hemlock and looked at Nicolas with a rather astonished expression>>

I needed TIME Nicolas. My mental health was at stake, and LOVE is NOT ENOUGH to address that.

<< She couldn't believe that after all this time, he was even thinking like THIS.>>

I needed TIME....and I needed SPACE. I needed to be able to work through ALL the issues and pain surrounding the Blue Moon and Delilah, WITHOUT hinderence, WITHOUT judgement. I needed time to go from being a MESS, to being where I am now.

And the ONLY place that I have for that, is LIMBO.

<< He said she was special. And she WAS, in LIMBO. She was special, SAFE, and able to do/BE anything she wanted there. but that was NOT her HOME. THIS was. She HAD to be here, to face things...but perhaps it would not be as smooth OR as easy as she thought it would be? Still...ALSO thought Nicolas knew her better.>>

<< she takes one last drink and sets the goblet down>>

I thought you understood that by now. Or did you think that my salvation should be in the arms of a MAN?

<< Morgan sets Tinker on the couch and stands up, moving toward the fire place. Her back is to Nicolas.>>

We discussed this during the blue moon, IN LIMBO, before we faced Medusa, and then Circe. You heard my answer then...I told you that I loved you, AND I trusted you with my very life on the isle of the dead! I told you that I was glad we were able to find our way back to each other. What has changed since? The fact that I did not stay here, up under you EVERY MINUTE?

<< She said bitterly>>

During my time in Limbo, I allowed you to see me WHEN it was right for me. I gave you consideration that even my sister and my mom didn't get.

And yet you come here, questioning me and how I feel?!

How DARE you!

Is this what I can look forward to? More questioning like this, from you and everyone else?

Did you question HALEIGH like this, after she returned? After she MISSED the events of the Blue Moon?

<< The flash of resentment toward him...toward HALEIGH began to fade>>

I did not come back here to engage on an "I'm sorry" tour. I did what I had to do. I LEFT because I needed TIME to recover. You all gave Delilah her space. I deserved mine as well. HALEIGH wasn't questioned. I shouldn't be either.

You had access to me that no one else did. Maybe it wasn't as constant OR consistent as you liked, but it was THERE none the less, and that was MORE than anyone ELSE in the family had.

If that doesn't tell you something about the TRUST and feelings I have for you, then you don't know me at all.

Clara Oswald
Clara Oswald
They gave Delilah space? :p

Rampage

I am a fucking god.
The Six
Real Name
Nicolas King
Residence
Melrose Place
Missions
Ability
Did you question HALEIGH like this, after she returned? After she MISSED the events of the Blue Moon?

<< The flash of resentment toward him...toward HALEIGH began to fade>>

I did not come back here to engage on an "I'm sorry" tour. I did what I had to do. I LEFT because I needed TIME to recover. You all gave Delilah her space. I deserved mine as well. HALEIGH wasn't questioned. I shouldn't be either.

You had access to me that no one else did. Maybe it wasn't as constant OR consistent as you liked, but it was THERE none the less, and that was MORE than anyone ELSE in the family had.

If that doesn't tell you something about the TRUST and feelings I have for you, then you don't know me at all.
Nope, sure didn't. I did NOT question Haleigh in this way. Why? Because Haleigh did not recently profess her love to me and for me. YOU did. Because I am not building a romantic relationship with Haleigh. I am WITH you. This has nothing to do with anyTHING or anyONE else. This has NOTHING to do with you needing to be UNDER me every minute, though I never hear you speak of time when you find yourself there.

Nicolas gave the kitten a TK ball to play with, a game that she enjoyed to no end and allowed him to stand and walk up to Morgan, placing his arms around her, enveloping her as she resisted, then relented.

THIS is about the fact that you can be AND ARE special and important and NECESSARY to your loved ones HERE. I find you intoxicating - ALL aspects of you - but NO it is NOT ENOUGH for me to drop into Limbo and dose up on some Morgan/Darkchilde every few days and then pop back and try not to miss you. It is not enough for your FAMILY or your friends to go on wondering where you are and if you're OK. I understood your need for time AND space and you received it. You received WAY more time and space than Delilah did I can ASSURE you. But now....HERE...I know more than anyone what solitude can do to one's heart, ones emotions. That at some point COPING in solitude becomes EMBRACING IT. And you had begun to embrace it, my dear. And I do not want that for you.

Nicolas turned her around, lifting her chin so that her eyes met his. She was very tall, but even so he was taller and he looked down at her with eyes filled with love for the pretty sorceress.

I want you to enjoy the BEST of BOTH realms. The solitude of Limbo is a luxury, for sure....but it should not be your reality. You have relationships and responsibilities here. You cannot find a lover less needy than I am, but I still NEED you. Your family still needs you. The world needs you. And YOU need us. And perhaps it was a bit unfair given the events of the week before last to ask if you still loved me, but it feels good to know that you do.

He kisses her lips lightly, she is not yet responsive.

Wait a minute dear, YOU LEFT all of THIS -

<<<gestures to himself>>>

unattended and NOW you wanna act up? Look, I just want you to know that THIS is home. And you belong here with me, with us. And don't

<<<kisses her>>>

YOU

<<<kiss>>>

EVER

<<<kiss, picks Morgan up in his arms>>>

forget it.

Nicolas turns and carries Morgan back to bed. Some things can wait until morning, and some things....well, let's just say one strikes when the iron is HOT.

Last edited:

Seer

The Watcher
Residence
every place
Missions
<< A meeting of the minds, hearts and bodies. Pieces fall into place and lovers fall into each others arms for now, briefly forgetting the most unusual and unpleasant "welcome home" gift that Morgan received.>>

And so

<<But it, and other things would not be forgotten so easily, or left unaddressed.>>

<< For now, Morgan, Nicolas, and Morgan's beloved pets enjoy one final evening in Melrose Place.>>

<< THE NEXT DAY>>

<< Morning is off to a smooth enough start. >>

<< Shadow Weaver and Firebird have have arrived and an emotional round of hugs and expressions of happiness are exchanged between mother, daughter, sisters.>>

<< This is the real deal, not a dream time event. Morgan has indeed returned home.>>

<< Some time passes, and after a quick jaunt to a nearby market, and a light breakfast for the humans, and something for the kitties in Morgan's apartment courtesy of Karen, the first bit of business on Morgan's "list" comes up>>

<<Everyone is seated in the dining area of the living room around the table.>>

Morgan: Well, it is apparent that everyone has gradually relocated by to New York. I always knew it would happen eventually. But I have a fondess for this "Place." It has a...very interesting history, with a "who's who" of previous owners.

<< Images of Amanda Woodward, Lexi Sterling and Sydney Andrews, all beautiful women and all very proficient in the art of BITCHCRAFT, flash across the view as everyone listens to Morgan.>>

Morgan: But I knew that My....OUR time here was ultimately temporary, as we moved away from our exile status and returned to our rightful place in society. So it shouldn't come as much surprise, that I have decided to sell Melrose Place. It'll be the last piece of personal business for me to attend to before I make my way to to NYC.

Blaze:....to join us at the Parthenon?

Morgan: << taking a drink of her mimosa>> Hmmm....no...I'm afraid not.

<< Karen, Blaze and Nicolas all stared at her.>>

Spellbinder

Bitchcraft
The Six
Real Name
Morgan
Residence
Limbo
Missions
Ability

<< She expected less than positive reaction, but she may have underestimated just how far some would go to express their displeasure, DISAPPROVAL of her decision....and without even hearing her out about the WHY. She would be patient...as much as she COULD be ;) and try to explain. She expected some to understand quicker than others.>>

Blaze: Well...WHY NOT?

Karen: Morgan, if this is about Delilah...I must insist that you rethink this decision!

<< Morgan shook her head>>

No mom, I would not base such an important descision on something as petty as a falling out with Delilah. I....realize that the world will keep going...no matter how she and I feel about each other.

<< and THIS alone was a whole other topic all together. One that Morgan could tell from the look in her mother's eyes, would be something that WOULD be discussed between them later, and Morgan was not opposed to that at all. She KNEW it was time. >>

Blaze: Is it because of the parthenon itself? Because of Cameron being on the top floor?

<< Morgan laughed>>

Oh that's a GOOD one Blaze!

I'm glad you think so HIGHLY of me!

<< she waved her hand at her sister>>

PLEASE! I could care less about Cameron being on the top floor of the Parthenon, although I'm SURE he's going to ask the same question.

<<And he WOULD, more "in her face" than she could imagine at this moment>>

This is something all together different, but no less important for ME.

I've had TIME in Limbo. Time that I needed, to do a LOT of reflection, soul searching, discovery. I also REMEMBER the events of the "dream time event." The one that Blaze, Nicolas, myself, and the other members of the Six, and Sharon experienced.

Now that I'm back here, I have a role to fill. Sorceress Supreme is MORE than just a title. It's a mantle that has been passed to me, and compared to the CRONE (Darkchilde) in the dark trinity that I'm apart of? I have not really carried that mantle as effectively as I could have.

In that dream, I was able to apply lessons learned from Ororo and from my mother. I was able to use my magick and CHECK Badiane in a way that I have lacked the discipline to be able to do so before.

I have GOT To continue forward in that vein.

It's the only way that I'll be able to fullfill my duty as this world's sorceress supreme.

Karen: Actually, I can't find any fault with what you're saying, Morgan. There was growing concern...from noted voices in the magickal circles of this world...that your absense was doing more harm than good.

Morgan: Yes, Ororo added her vocie to that as well.

Karen: So how does this tie in to your plans for living arrangements?

Morgan: Well...I'm very excited about it.

<< Morgan says with a side smile as she snaps her fingers and a stepping disc the size of the table top opens and teleports all the breakfast dishes away>>

Even BEFORE the....Blue Moon and it's aftermath...I started having this idea...DREAMS about it even.

I'm going to reside on the site of Illustra. It won't be another skyscraper

<< She looks at Blaze with a smirk>>

Which, you might remember, was TALLER than the Parthenon? So even on the TOP floor of his building, he still aint got nothing on ME.

<< Blaze rolled her eyes as Morgan winked. A little petty joke never hurt now and then.>>

But seriously though, I will be constructing my place of residence, my sanctuary, my place of power on the sight of Illustra. My Sanctum Sanctorum. This will be for me what Minerva's Aerie is for Alison. It will allow me to live quite comfortably, securely...hiding in plain sight almost due to a combination of my magicks, and some key technological enhancements courtesy of Clandestine Inc., and it will will allow me a point of focus on EARTH. I'll essentially be HOUSING a PIECE of Limbo within my domain.

<< Blaze stared at Morgan as if she had grown a second head. Karen didn't look quite as dismayed, but was still surprised, and then there was Nicolas. She was HOPING that THESE three, among others, would be the more understanding, that they would see the stratgey and personal significance to this decision!>>

It will be MORE than what the average human eye can see or what the average human senses can perceive. And for those who CAN? they'll still be hard pressed to breach my defenses, without high risk of personal peril.

I'll be "in the neighborhood" and easily reached by the Six and our alllies, and with the work that I'm doing along side Sally Spectra, it makes sense for me to have my business office SEPERATE from my personal dwelling.

I hope that THAT will be enough to satisfy Cameron, my having an office in the Parthenon, rather than my LIVING there.

But I've thought about this more than once, and this is the right choice for me.

<< She nods to them with certainty>>

MorningStar

The Light in the Darkness
The Six
Real Name
Delilah Trelaven
Residence
The Parthenon, NYC
Missions
Ability
Transducing Light into Sound (and vice versa)
The Parthenon – Delilah’s Suite

After speaking with Karen into the wee hours of the morning, Delilah had left Cameron a voice message and then trudged back to her suite. This had been the longest night of her life – coming after ANOTHER long night when the dream had occurred – so now, Delilah felt as if she had been hit by a mack truck. Plus she was not looking forward to the conversation she was going to have to have with Cameron sooner or later. And then there were other things…personal things she needed to talk to Cam about. So arriving home she wanted nothing more than to relax – but knew that was not in the cards.

She put her hand over the card key reader and unlocked the door, and wandered a bit aimlessly inside and to her bedroom, not bothering to turn on the lights. But it became apparent that the room was not in fact empty.

“Andrew?”

He rolled over, and sleepily wiped his eyes.

Andrew: “Hi…”

She sighed. Yet another thing on her plate that needed doing, but that she really wanted to avoid. He sat up in the bed, the sheets tangled around his half-naked body. He looked good, which made this even more difficult.

Andrew: “You’ve been gone a long time. Everything okay?”

Delilah nodded, slowly, then moved to sit down on the side of the bed.

“Andrew, there’s never going to be a good time for this, so I’ll just come out and say it. I can’t…do this anymore.”

She stole a look at his face, which was registering a mixture of shock and disbelief.

“I’m sorry…but I’ve been using you, and I can’t keep doing it. I do care about you, but I’m not in love with you. We can’t keep doing this.”

Disbelief turned to anger as he stood up.

Andrew: “Is this about HIM? You know, the guy who stole your child from you?! Jesus…”

He turned around, finding his clothes and beginning to put them on.

Andrew: “HE wasn’t there for you, Delilah. *I* was. I was there. And now you’re going to throw all of that away?”

Delilah didn’t get up, just looked up at him sadly. She knew she deserved it.

“I told you I didn’t want a relationship…”

Andrew: “Well what would you call it?!”

Pulling on his tee shirt, he stuck bare feet into his shows and squished them on. Then he stopped and looked her dead in the face.

Andrew: “Call me when you realize what a mistake you’ve just made. And maybe I’ll answer.”

He stormed out.

Delilah blew the air out of her lungs.

“That went well.”

She stood up, ready to take a shower and get some much needed sleep. But then the doorbell rang.

“That’ll be soon to be angry guy #2…”

Delilah kicked off her shoes on the way back to the front door, then opened it to reveal Cameron standing in the hallway.

“I’m glad you came, please come inside and sit down. There’s something I have to tell you.”

She turned and flicked on the lights in the living room, leading Cameron inside and gesturing for him to have a seat.

Prophet

White King
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Cameron King
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Telepathy, Psionic, Telekinetic, Empathy, Flash Premonition
The Parthenon - Night into Morning

:: He had spent most of the night doing damage control on The Parthenon after Jasmine's display, one that put every single one of his guests in danger. The last he knew was that Delilah and Jasmine were headed to The Citadle to investigate things. While Cameron obviously cared about what was happening to Karen and the mysterious reappearance of Jasmine herself, it had been clear to him that his opinion was not wanted and that they were all planning to go about it in another way. They were big kids, for the most part and if the Birds of Prey wanted to teeth their gums on the citadle, that would be their own problem. Knowing he would be notified if anything changed, Cameron continued to throw himself into work. The dream adventure with his family had left more than one loose end. Though Delilah's seemed tied up, although delicately, issues during his confrontation with Morgan and Alison were still there. While he ended up making peace with Alison, he hadn't done so with Morgan. At one time, he desperately wanted Morgan to return to Earth and to the team, but now he was somewhat dreading it. Before they faced Badiane, Morgan made it clear that no matter where she was, she was the LEADER of The Six. It had left Cameron feeling bitter, something he didn't like after so much progress had been made with the sorceress in recent months. He was looking for outlets for his aggression, and he figured the healthiest cure for that was to throw himself into his work yet again. ::

:: He sat over his computer until his eyes became dry and droopy. Getting into the shower, he crawled into bed, leaving his phone in the living room, though found it hard to sleep. For one, there was a GIANT psychic event that had manifested in the earliest hours of the morning that shook Cameron to his core. Prophet couldn't detect exactly where it had came from or who had caused it, but it put him on edge. Something had happened and he knew it wouldn't be long until it became the problem of The Six. ::

"Question is...will anybody listen to me this time?"

:: Sleeping only a few hours, Cameron hit the War Room for some exercise before returning to his apartment, and grabbing his phone for the first time in a few hours. He had a message from Delilah. She needed to talk to him and it didn't sound good. His heart sank in his stomach for a moment. ::

"Did something happen to Karen...or Jasmine?"

:: Leaving his apartment in his gym clothes, Cameron walked downstairs and knocked promptly on Delilah's door. There were benefits of being so close to each other. ::

MorningStar said:
Delilah kicked off her shoes on the way back to the front door, then opened it to reveal Cameron standing in the hallway.

“I’m glad you came, please come inside and sit down. There’s something I have to tell you.”

She turned and flicked on the lights in the living room, leading Cameron inside and gesturing for him to have a seat.
"You look like shit. Delilah, what's wrong?"

:: He entered her apartment and took a seat on the couch. ::

"Is Karen okay..Jasmine? I mean, you would have came to me immediately if something bad happened to them, so it can't be that horrible."

:: She was still silent. ::

"Delilah. Please, just spit it out...you're freaking me out."

MorningStar

The Six
Real Name
Delilah Trelaven
Residence
The Parthenon, NYC
Missions
Ability
The Parthenon – Delilah’s Suite

Cameron said:
"You look like shit. Delilah, what's wrong?"
She ran a hand absentmindedly through her hair.

“Thanks, Cam.”

But it was a weak attempt at humor – her heart wasn’t in bantering right at that moment. He sat down on her sofa, and she sat next to him.

Cameron said:
"Is Karen okay..Jasmine? I mean, you would have came to me immediately if something bad happened to them, so it can't be that horrible."
She swallowed.

“Karen and Jasmine are fine.”

Cameron said:
"Delilah. Please, just spit it out...you're freaking me out."
“Well, the thing is…”

Her eyes darted around.

“Uh…I broke up with Andrew.”

She forced a smile.

“No, that’s not what I wanted to talk to you about.”

After a couple seconds.

“I found out my power signature is now white instead of green.”

At his look, she shook her head.

“And that’s not it either. Wow, this is hard.”

She cleared her throat.

“So, the truth is, Frost and I went to the Citadel. And Sharon, Alycia and some of their Birds of Prey people showed up as well. We got separated from Frost, and when we found her again, she was fighting this water elemental. And there was this voice…a woman…”

She took his hand.

“You know I’m always here for you, right? No matter what happens? Good.”

After a pause she continued.

“We got caught in the same kind of magickal field that we did at the Clubhouse. We couldn’t move. And then Karen showed up, and fought the mysterious voiced woman. Who turned out to be…”

She looked Cameron directly in the eyes.

“Kelly.”

She searched Cameron’s face, and braced for the explosion.

“I think it was an alternate. She looked…different and she seemed more…intelligent. Together. And she said she didn’t have any children…We were released from the spell, but it was too late for Frost…who turned out to not BE Frost at all but some construct of Kelly’s…she and the water elemental blinked away before we could do anything…”

After a moment of silence, she looked at Cameron sympathetically.

“So, how you holding up? Are you okay?”

Rampage

I am a fucking god.
The Six
Real Name
Nicolas King
Residence
Melrose Place
Missions
Ability
So, after a GREAT evening, the girls show up and, after Nicolas gets some more platonic but no less important love from them all, they eat breakfast and have some discussions. That is when Morgan starts revealing her plans. The ideas of her coming to live at the Parthenon came up.

Morgan: << taking a drink of her mimosa>> Hmmm....no...I'm afraid not.
Nicolas eyes her with a bit of surprise. He was certainly interested in what she was planning.

This is something all together different, but no less important for ME.

I've had TIME in Limbo. Time that I needed, to do a LOT of reflection, soul searching, discovery. I also REMEMBER the events of the "dream time event." The one that Blaze, Nicolas, myself, and the other members of the Six, and Sharon experienced.

Now that I'm back here, I have a role to fill. Sorceress Supreme is MORE than just a title. It's a mantle that has been passed to me, and compared to the CRONE (Darkchilde) in the dark trinity that I'm apart of? I have not really carried that mantle as effectively as I could have.

In that dream, I was able to apply lessons learned from Ororo and from my mother. I was able to use my magick and CHECK Badiane in a way that I have lacked the discipline to be able to do so before.

I have GOT To continue forward in that vein.

It's the only way that I'll be able to fullfill my duty as this world's sorceress supreme.
Nicolas kept a poker face, his face even and betraying nothing.

But seriously though, I will be constructing my place of residence, my sanctuary, my place of power on the sight of Illustra. My Sanctum Sanctorum. This will be for me what Minerva's Aerie is for Alison. It will allow me to live quite comfortably, securely...hiding in plain sight almost due to a combination of my magicks, and some key technological enhancements courtesy of Clandestine Inc., and it will will allow me a point of focus on EARTH. I'll essentially be HOUSING a PIECE of Limbo within my domain.

<< Blaze stared at Morgan as if she had grown a second head. Karen didn't look quite as dismayed, but was still surprised, and then there was Nicolas. She was HOPING that THESE three, among others, would be the more understanding, that they would see the stratgey and personal significance to this decision!>>

It will be MORE than what the average human eye can see or what the average human senses can perceive. And for those who CAN? they'll still be hard pressed to breach my defenses, without high risk of personal peril.

I'll be "in the neighborhood" and easily reached by the Six and our alllies, and with the work that I'm doing along side Sally Spectra, it makes sense for me to have my business office SEPERATE from my personal dwelling.

I hope that THAT will be enough to satisfy Cameron, my having an office in the Parthenon, rather than my LIVING there.

But I've thought about this more than once, and this is the right choice for me.

<< She nods to them with certainty>>
Nicolas stays even, holding it long enough to get Morgan JUST starting to worry before he breaks into a huge smile.

Brilliant idea! You should have a base of operations given your mantle. You do realize that there is nothing you will require that I will not make sure you have, assuming you cannot somehow get it yourself? The finest craftsman and designers and latest tech is available at your fingertips. Just say the word, my dear!

In typical Nicolas fashion, and showing how close they had gotten in terms of him learning her tastes, he manifests a hologram of possible Sanctum designs, quickly moving between each one and placing it in the place where Illustra once lay. The hologram opened to reveal cross-sections of various areas and even seemed to have shifting areas and hidden areas. He found this idea exciting and hoped that she would accept his offer. He would love to work with her on it, if she would like to have him there.

Prophet

White King
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Cameron King
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
The Parthenon Hotel - NYC - Delilah's Penthouse

:: He was relieved to hear that both Karen and Jasmine were fine, but it was clear that whatever Delilah needed to tell him was rather big. Her emotions were wildly charting up and down as she blurted out any number of important and yet unimportant things. Cameron could sense that this wasn't good. ::

MorningStar said:
“Well, the thing is…”

Her eyes darted around.

“Uh…I broke up with Andrew.”

She forced a smile.

“No, that’s not what I wanted to talk to you about.”

After a couple seconds.

“I found out my power signature is now white instead of green.”

At his look, she shook her head.

“And that’s not it either. Wow, this is hard.”
"Delilah...I promise, whatever it is. I can take it. Just come on."

MorningStar said:
She cleared her throat.

“So, the truth is, Frost and I went to the Citadel. And Sharon, Alycia and some of their Birds of Prey people showed up as well. We got separated from Frost, and when we found her again, she was fighting this water elemental. And there was this voice…a woman…”

She took his hand.

“You know I’m always here for you, right? No matter what happens? Good.”
:: He squeezed her hand back firmly and feigned a sort of uncomfortable smile. ::

"And I'm here for you, Delilah. Always and forever. You know that."

MorningStar said:
After a pause she continued.

“We got caught in the same kind of magickal field that we did at the Clubhouse. We couldn’t move. And then Karen showed up, and fought the mysterious voiced woman. Who turned out to be…”

She looked Cameron directly in the eyes.

“Kelly.”

She searched Cameron’s face, and braced for the explosion.

“I think it was an alternate. She looked…different and she seemed more…intelligent. Together. And she said she didn’t have any children…We were released from the spell, but it was too late for Frost…who turned out to not BE Frost at all but some construct of Kelly’s…she and the water elemental blinked away before we could do anything…”
:: He could hear her speaking, but after hearing the name of his mother, everything felt out of focus. It was as if she were chattering on in some unknown language. In his mind he just kept hearing his mother's name which brought a spike of emotion that was a mixture of intense anger and also incredible longing. Cameron could see the irony at hand as his mind flooded with images. ::

<< FLASH! >>

Seer said:
The Six - Los Angeles - MANY MOONS AGO

Cameron: "Give me.. the Siege Perilous.. Please Alison.. I am asking you... as a sister... Let me be the one to kill her.. after that I don't care where we go but please for once.. show me compassion.. show me that there is a thread of care in there for me.. please..."

<< FLASH! >>

:: Guardian held on to the powerful mystic gem...as Cameron came to her...with such intense conviction. It took her aback..she stepped back a from him..and pulled her body back...a sign she didnt want him NEAR her..or touching her. She recoiled at the idea of him imploring her as a SISTER to him. it sickened her......but for a brief moment....as she instinctively "looked ahead" with her foresight.....she saw the baby cameron...and Morgan grasping him...with that demonic gleam in her eye. She REMEMBERED what she had said to Blaze hours earlier. Even IF she despised Cameron...there was more at stake than just her will prevailing. The Gem was HER'S Ororo gave it to her to guard...but at this moment..this hour so dire...she heeded that slight inclination in her marble hard heart...and extended her arm out...opening her gloved hand...and giving the gem to Cameron ::

<< FLASH! >>

Cameron: "How does it feel to be unwanted MOTHER! To feel ABANDONED!?! HATED AND WITHOUT REMORSE!?! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA THE AMOUNT OF PAIN I SUFFERED?! WHAT I WENT THROUGH ALONE! ALL BECAUSE OF YOU AND YOUR HUNGER FOR POWER! NOT AGAIN! IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!"

<< WITCHFIRE IS DESTROYED. >>

<< FLASH >>

Erika: "I know you don't plan on returning to the Six, but I really don't honestly believe that is the best thing to do right now. Things are going to happen in the future. I can tell. Nobody is going to be safe, Morgan is going down the same path that our mother went.. only worse. I can sense the change in her Cameron. You need to all stand strong and together on this next coming wave of battle. They need you Cameron and I need you to be with them..."
:: It seemed like another lifetime ago. So much had happened since then, and yet - STILL - even after all this time, there were issues from this period of time in The Six that were still relevant and unresolved to this day. To be feeling this same way about his team as he once did and to hear this revelation about some version of his mother walking around the timeline causing trouble, it caused Cameron to feel angry in a way that he hadn't felt in quite some time. ::

:: He sat there, blinking and just kind of staring off into the distance for a moment. ::

Delilah: "So, how you holding up? Are you okay?"

:: Cameron buried his head in his hands for a moment and exhaled, his body language shifting starkly. ::

"Get it together, get it together, get it together...."

:: There was a FIRE burning inside of him, one that he had learned to control over time, but one that recently had begun to fight against that control, for example his passionate encounter with Haleigh just a little while ago, and his adverse reaction to Jasmine Klein arriving at The Parthenon. He sat in silence for a moment, before he looked up at Delilah, his face stone cold and severe, something perversely similar to the presentation of his sister. ::

"The truce is over, Delilah. It's OVER."

:: Cameron stood before KICKING the coffee table in front of him with ALL of his might, sending it into the air, shattering into a million pieces. ::

"Get it... TOGETHER. NOW, King."

:: Grabbing the bridge of his nose, he held his hand out as the fractured pieces of the coffee table suspended in the air before returning back to their original state, putting it back together with his mind and placing it back where it was in perfect condition. ::

"Fuck. Sorry, Delilah...FUCK!"

:: Cameron stood as he began to pace back and forthe behind the couch. ::

"Fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK, Dee."

[pausing for a moment]

"Kelly? Of all people. KELLY?!"

[pacing continues, breathing getting heavy]

"It's all tied to Diana. We didn't do enough. We talked about it but we didn't do enough. Why and HOW would she bring Kelly..or WHATEVER version of my mother she is HERE. She HATED my mother, so much so that I have it on good authority that she wouldn't even want to bring her back long enough to kill her."

[stopping]

"She's fucking with me again. I know it. She's been inside my mind, deeper than anybody, Delilah. She knows my deepest fears. She KNOWS how to get to me, and she just played one HELL of a chord. One that I'm not backing down from..."

:: His body began to crackle with his energy signature a brilliant electric red. ::

"I'll mow her down and the rest of the damn Hellfire Club with it. She thinks she can't be fucked with...I'll SHOW her. EVERYBODY has a weakness. Even HER. Goddamit! I hate her!"

:: He recoiled, turned his back towards Delilah. This was the reaction she wanted and he hated that he had played into her hand, but there were some buttons that Cameron had that when pushed were INCREDIBLY hard to reset, and this was one of them. He tried with every fiber of his being to calm himself down. When he turned around to face Delilah, she would note his attempt to temper his emotion, but not even with his empathic abilities was he doing a very good job. ::

"Was she BORED? So at loss of what to do because of this stupid truce that YOU ALL MADE that she had to look across time and space for ANOTHER member of my family to manipulate? My mother...she was a monster...but she didn't deserve what Malice did to her, and now it looks like she is primed to do it again. She did it to my mother, she did it to my sister, she did it to ME. At some point....ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!"

:: The entire floor of The Parthenon rumbled shook and jostled like an earthquake under his psionic power. He shook his head, yet again taking control. He wanted to place the blame squarely on Diana because that would be easy. That would make sense...but there were other people to blame for this. He sat down on the couch, leaning back all the way, closing his eyes and trying to breathe, before looking back at Delilah. ::

"She's not even the only one to blame. She couldn't have been able to pull this off without magick and the big WIDE OPEN hole left in it because of The Blue Moon. I have to tell you...I've had ENOUGH of the WITCHES. ENOUGH..."

:: He shot a serious glance at Delilah, his eyes somber upon another realization. ::

"I'm telling you right now...if anybody decides to deal with Kelly without MY voice playing a large part, I won't be held responsible for what I will do. And because right now, I'm thinking of marching right through the doors of The Hellfire Club, decapitating The White Queen and pissing down her neck? I wouldn't TEST my threat...that's not what's going on right? Karen wouldn't possibly be that stupid?"

Spellbinder

Bitchcraft
The Six
Real Name
Morgan
Residence
Limbo
Missions
Ability

Brilliant idea! You should have a base of operations given your mantle.
Well. I'm glad YOU approve.

<< Morgan said with a bit of an attitude as she rolled her violet eyes. Always trying to stir her up. As if all the slaps and cussing hadn't been enough of a lesson? :p >>

Nicolas said:
You do realize that there is nothing you will require that I will not make sure you have, assuming you cannot somehow get it yourself? The finest craftsman and designers and latest tech is available at your fingertips. Just say the word, my dear!
Nicolas said:
In typical Nicolas fashion, and showing how close they had gotten in terms of him learning her tastes, he manifests a hologram of possible Sanctum designs, quickly moving between each one and placing it in the place where Illustra once lay. The hologram opened to reveal cross-sections of various areas and even seemed to have shifting areas and hidden areas. He found this idea exciting and hoped that she would accept his offer. He would love to work with her on it, if she would like to have him there.
You know I always prefer to keep business in the family. We're lucky that we can support and sustain our own unique economies and in a world where anti-mutant hysteria results in discrimination across the board, it's always better to keep business...AND dollars in the family.

BUT...

<< tossing a haughty look and a flip of her hair in Nicolas' direction>>

...if you keep trying to antagonize me, you'll find yourself OUT IN THE COLD. In MORE ways than ONE.

Blaze: OOP!

<<Karen smirked as she sat back in her chair>>

Karen: Now, NOW children. That will be quite enough of THAT.

<< Karen chides them gently but firmly>>

Karen: Now then! << after stretching and leaning forward to look at some of the general ideas Nicolas was offering>> I think this is a very good idea for you, Morgan! You'll have the space and privacy you need to practice your craft, as well as using that unique location, which is already heavily imbued with your astral energy, to build up a stronghold. If we ever have an unfortunate episode like we did with Bishop all those years ago, we'll have a much easier escape route.

Karen: You must be careful though, you must use discretion, AND your unique abilities to make SURE this place "hides in plain sight." Otherwise, you'll have all sorts of would-be visitors lurking about.

Morgan: Oh that's definitely the plan, mom.

<< Returning her gaze to Nicolas.>>

And I have sketches and floor plans. It'll just require an expert, precision designer to bring them to life.

I'll want to talk with Haleigh, because the contracts that Haleigh and I have had in place during the partnership between Illustra and Liquid Crystal are still in place.

Whatever designer you may have in mind, I'll need to meet with personally before I approve. I already KNOW you'll handle the VETTING of any potential candidate so I need not worry about that. But It'll have to be Someone who can ALSO work with Thomas Ashby, Clandestine Inc's Captain of Security, the same man who was the architect and driving force behind the plan of protection that CI provided my mom for all those years. He was responsible for the seamless blend of technology to the magickal enhancements on the private upper floors of Illustra. ALSO, Captain of Engineering/R&D, Dr. Sebastian Benedict. He worked with Haleigh, myself, and later Alison regarding special custom designs and upgrades to Illustra. I want both of those men involved in the layout and upgrades to the design of my Sanctum.

I plan on totally revamping the underground structures of the Illustra sight as well. The express jet among others. We need to be able to move ourselves AND any precious cargo we may have, sight unseen. ALSO, to have a "safe place" for personal effects...a place that can't be found or breached...in case we DO have to evacuate in a hurry.

There'll be plenty of work to do, and I certainly would rather spend the money in/among family, than risk giving it to some bigoted flatscan who couldn't possibly handle the job.

I'm also looking getting back to MY work.

<< Looking at Blaze>>

Nicolas has told me what an AMAZING job you have done filling in for me.

<< She reaches over and takes Blaze's hand in her own>>

Blaze: I was happy to do it, Morg. But I WAS starting to get worried...Sally too. She's gonna read you for filth, you know.

Morgan: Yes....I know...and I'm trying to hold myself in readiness for it.

<< Blaze smirks>>

Morgan: If I survive Sally's tongue lashing, would you....

Blaze: Oh no...I'll have my hands full with XS and Fire La Vedette- the the fashion line AND the act at XS. I'm GLAD you're back, so now I can dive into THAT properly! But I'll still be on your management team, so whenever you need me....

<< Morgan smiled at her sister.>>

Morgan: Look at you! No hesitation at all! Go 'head, Blaze!

<< It WAS a wonderful thing, to see Blaze so fully immersed in her own endeavors and activities, APART from just supporting Morgan or being a "glamorous extension" of her. And Cameron and Nicolas had a LOT to do with helping to find her own place, cement her identity here. Morgan would FOREVER be grateful to them....and....>>

Speaking of "XS"...I understand that you're having a good ol' time with Vivica Lennox? HMMM??

<< Nudging Blaze a bit, as she clearly caught the fire elemental off guard>>

Oh come on honey, everyone in this room knows....and so does everyone ELSE! Since when have YOU ever been shy?

Karen: They ARE rather cute together. << Karen says with a wink>> And Vivica has come such a LONG way...

Morgan: Indeed she has. I had a little...well it was a BIG encounter with her a little while ago, on "neutral ground." We managed to settle some things, turn the page as it were. I saw then, how much she'd grown, changed...and I'm happy for her. I'm glad I had the chance to MAKE that moment with her. I only hope that I'll be able to....

<< Looking down for a moment, before looking at Blaze, then Nicolas, and finally her mother>>

...to address things with Delilah with the same kind of positive outcome.

<< She said with a noticeably lower tone.>>

Karen: << reaching over, and placing a hand on Morgan's>> I believe you will. I believe that the time is right, for both of you. I'm glad that you spoke on this, because it shows that it's at the forefront ofyour heart. That's a good thing. I also want you to know that I'LL be facilitating that moment between you two, and I'll be present.

<< Morgan looked at her mother>>

Karen: JUST the three of us. No one else. It's time that this matter was addressed...and SETTLED, on BOTH sides.

<< There was no room for backtalk or anything else on that note.>>

Morgan: << Nodding>> Yes, mom.

<< And secretly, she was GLAD that her mom would be there for her....for BOTH of them, in case the GOAL was somehow lost in an outpouring of emotion from either side.>>

<< After a moment of silence>>

Well...I better get the documents for this building together. Sally will be here soon, and she's going to want the tour and all. She says she's interested in buying this place to house her stable of models out on the west coast.

Blaze: Nic, you better hold yourself in readiness too. She hasn't seen you in a bit. She'll want to inspect you, make sure you're filling out her designs "JUST RIGHT."

<< Blaze and Morgan snicker. Sally could turn the tables on ANY man, and none of them would begrudge her that.>>

Karen: It'll be wonderful to see her again.

Rampage

I am a fucking god.
The Six
Real Name
Nicolas King
Residence
Melrose Place
Missions
Ability
MP, APT #4

Well. I'm glad YOU approve.

<< Morgan said with a bit of an attitude as she rolled her violet eyes. Always trying to stir her up. As if all the slaps and cussing hadn't been enough of a lesson? :p >>

You know I always prefer to keep business in the family. We're lucky that we can support and sustain our own unique economies and in a world where anti-mutant hysteria results in discrimination across the board, it's always better to keep business...AND dollars in the family.

BUT...

<< tossing a haughty look and a flip of her hair in Nicolas' direction>>

...if you keep trying to antagonize me, you'll find yourself OUT IN THE COLD. In MORE ways than ONE.

Blaze: OOP!

Nicolas laughed heartily at the idea. If their closeness over the last few months did not convince him that they were good, last night's...activities sure did! they were lucky that there were no neighbors in the adjoining apartments and that the bed had been reinforced already with Morgan's magic!

No matter WHAT I do my dear, I tend to bring the HEAT.

As he stared Morgan down, he slyly tickled the back of Blaze's knee, causing the pretty redhead to - predictably - jump in her seat with a squeal. Nicolas was in rare form this morning and the positive tension was in the air as he gave a devilish smirk to the pretty sorceress, ignoring her sister who was pointing at him to explain her outburst.

Karen: Now, NOW children. That will be quite enough of THAT.

<< Karen chides them gently but firmly>>

Karen: Now then! << after stretching and leaning forward to look at some of the general ideas Nicolas was offering>> I think this is a very good idea for you, Morgan! You'll have the space and privacy you need to practice your craft, as well as using that unique location, which is already heavily imbued with your astral energy, to build up a stronghold. If we ever have an unfortunate episode like we did with Bishop all those years ago, we'll have a much easier escape route.

Karen: You must be careful though, you must use discretion, AND your unique abilities to make SURE this place "hides in plain sight." Otherwise, you'll have all sorts of would-be visitors lurking about.

Morgan: Oh that's definitely the plan, mom.

<< Returning her gaze to Nicolas.>>

And I have sketches and floor plans. It'll just require an expert, precision designer to bring them to life.

I'll want to talk with Haleigh, because the contracts that Haleigh and I have had in place during the partnership between Illustra and Liquid Crystal are still in place.

Whatever designer you may have in mind, I'll need to meet with personally before I approve. I already KNOW you'll handle the VETTING of any potential candidate so I need not worry about that. But It'll have to be Someone who can ALSO work with Thomas Ashby, Clandestine Inc's Captain of Security, the same man who was the architect and driving force behind the plan of protection that CI provided my mom for all those years. He was responsible for the seamless blend of technology to the magickal enhancements on the private upper floors of Illustra. ALSO, Captain of Engineering/R&D, Dr. Sebastian Benedict. He worked with Haleigh, myself, and later Alison regarding special custom designs and upgrades to Illustra. I want both of those men involved in the layout and upgrades to the design of my Sanctum.

I plan on totally revamping the underground structures of the Illustra sight as well. The express jet among others. We need to be able to move ourselves AND any precious cargo we may have, sight unseen. ALSO, to have a "safe place" for personal effects...a place that can't be found or breached...in case we DO have to evacuate in a hurry.

There'll be plenty of work to do, and I certainly would rather spend the money in/among family, than risk giving it to some bigoted flatscan who couldn't possibly handle the job.
Nicolas nodded. He wanted to find a designer that would be special, incredibly smart - smart enough to mix tech and magic as needed - and someone who could not be bought or swayed, someone who would be able to take the money, do the work, and then vanish in plain sight. He had an idea of just the person, someone he had heard of who he knew would be able to be quiet and someone who would give the correct amount of sass to the operation and not get picked up on anyone's radar. In fact, he was thinking of using two or three of them so that no one person had everything in their head - as a precaution. He was thinking it through when the ladies finally said his name again.

Blaze: Nic, you better hold yourself in readiness too. She hasn't seen you in a bit. She'll want to inspect you, make sure you're filling out her designs "JUST RIGHT."

<< Blaze and Morgan snicker. Sally could turn the tables on ANY man, and none of them would begrudge her that.>>

Karen: It'll be wonderful to see her again.
Well, it HAS been quite a while, so I have decided to give her a special treat today and forego underwear!

Karen chokes on her drink, spitting it out and Morgan exclaims as Blaze nearly falls out of her chair with laughter. He could already see the fiery mature redhead's face as she goes for a tickle and grabs much MUCH more....

MorningStar

The Six
Real Name
Delilah Trelaven
Residence
The Parthenon, NYC
Missions
Ability
The Parthenon - Delilah’s Suite

Nervously, Delilah waited for Cameron to speak. His mother was such a huge driver of Cameron, why he did the things he did, trying to be BETTER than who he had come from… How exactly he was going to take this news – other than badly – was anyone’s guess.

Cameron said:
"The truce is over, Delilah. It's OVER."
Cameron KICKED her coffee table, smashing it to bits. Delilah was aghast – not because he had broken the coffee table but because he showed such an uncharacteristic loss of control and show of FORCE.

“It never really existed.”

She spoke quietly, as she watched him put the table back together.

Cameron said:
"Fuck. Sorry, Delilah...FUCK!"
She put a hand on his arm.

“Don’t worry about the damn table Cameron.”

Cameron said:
"Fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK, Dee. Kelly? Of all people. KELLY?!"
He was getting more agitated now that the implications were sinking in.

Cameron said:
"It's all tied to Diana. We didn't do enough. We talked about it but we didn't do enough. Why and HOW would she bring Kelly…or WHATEVER version of my mother she is HERE. She HATED my mother, so much so that I have it on good authority that she wouldn't even want to bring her back long enough to kill her."
“We’ve seen alternates appear on their own before – Firebird, for one. Maybe it wasn’t Malice who brought her, but I agree, you can be damn sure she’ll use it to her advantage.”

She paused, looking up at him sadly before shaking her head.

“You’re right. We should have taken her out. Long before this. I’m sorry…we should have…*I* should have…”

Cameron said:
"She's fucking with me again. I know it. She's been inside my mind, deeper than anybody, Delilah. She knows my deepest fears. She KNOWS how to get to me, and she just played one HELL of a chord. One that I'm not backing down from..."
“We won’t let her, Cam. We said never again, and I meant it.”

Energy began to flow around his body. This was not good.

Cameron said:
"I'll mow her down and the rest of the damn Hellfire Club with it. She thinks she can't be fucked with...I'll SHOW her. EVERYBODY has a weakness. Even HER. Goddamit! I hate her!"
Delilah stood up. He had turned away from her, so she gently touched his shoulder.

“And I’ll help you gut the bitch and hang her in the middle of Times Square, but Cameron, right now you have got to calm down. Just breathe.”

He turned back, and she could see he was trying to get a hold of himself.

Cameron said:
"Was she BORED? So at loss of what to do because of this stupid truce that YOU ALL MADE that she had to look across time and space for ANOTHER member of my family to manipulate? My mother...she was a monster...but she didn't deserve what Malice did to her, and now it looks like she is primed to do it again. She did it to my mother, she did it to my sister, she did it to ME. At some point....ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!"
Cameron mentioning the truce in that way felt as if he had slapped her, and she physically recoiled from it as if he had. She sat back down, as the floor rumbled with Cameron’s power. He sat too, leaning back against the back of the sofa. Delilah turned on to her side, resting her cheek on the cushion also so she was facing him as she talked.

“Why isn’t important. We need to stop her, once and for all, from hurting us or anybody else. We made mistakes in the past when it came to Malice, and I’m so sorry about it, more than you could know, but all I can do now is take care of the problem. Once and for all.”

Cameron said:
"She's not even the only one to blame. She couldn't have been able to pull this off without magick and the big WIDE OPEN hole left in it because of The Blue Moon. I have to tell you...I've had ENOUGH of the WITCHES. ENOUGH..."
“Fucking witches. They do whatever they want and never think about the consequences to the rest of us.”

Cameron said:
"I'm telling you right now...if anybody decides to deal with Kelly without MY voice playing a large part, I won't be held responsible for what I will do. And because right now, I'm thinking of marching right through the doors of The Hellfire Club, decapitating The White Queen and pissing down her neck? I wouldn't TEST my threat...that's not what's going on right? Karen wouldn't possibly be that stupid?"
“It’s not a trick – at least not one Karen is playing. And you know I have your back, whatever you decide to do. This affects you more than anyone else in the Six, and I will not let them make decisions for you the way they did for me. But you do know, Kelly will be coming for us.”

She took Cameron’s hand again and gave it a squeeze.

“I want Malice dead as much as you do. But we have to be smart about it. You can’t go off there half cocked. We need a plan. Promise me – promise me you won’t go there alone.”

Black Widow

Twisted Metal
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Haleigh Davidoff
Residence
Hellfire New York
Missions
Ability
Earth Elemental; Technokinesis; Strength, Resilience, and Immunity due to the TO virus
Clandestine Intelligence -- Haleigh's Office

Haleigh sits at her desk staring blankly at the photos of her family. After speaking with Alison, she had not been quite ready to go home, so she came here, for the privacy, the silence. She might have tried sleeping on the couch, but she couldn't sleep with her psyche in such turmoil.

The 'windows' in this underground sanctuary, are actually screens. They can be programmed to display anything, from a high rise view, to a nature setting, to important documents and graphics for board meetings and briefings. Right now they reflect Haleigh's state of mind, dark, smoldering, and savage.

To say she'd 'dealt' with her own feelings on the matter would be misleading. She'd run the gamut, she'd allowed herself to explore every thought and emotion and she'd circled back around again and contemplated her situation. It was far from settled, but she'd reached the limits of logic and reasoning and now she just sat still, and tried not to think anymore. She was afraid she was going to lose all of them. Diana had promised her as much, and Alison had nearly confirmed it. She remembered the Badiane dream, more specifically Delilah's death, and the crushing feeling of grief and guilt. She remembered her inability to cope with it. That was how it felt to lose ONE person. Now she was acknowledging the very real possibly of seeing them each die.

She blinked back the tears that were threatening to fall, and looked away from the pictures, finding something to busy herself with. The computer screen 'woke up', and she logged in to her company networks. Reports in her inbox had piled up, and she went through them one by one, replying as necessary, authorizing expenditures and upgrades. She came across a report from Zach regarding the rising anti-mutant sentiment he was observing, and the challenges he was facing as the UN ambassador for mutant rights. This provoked a slowly increasing scowl from Haleigh.

These bigoted assholes. How many times have we SAVED them? And yet they HATE us?! They want us REGISTERED? REGULATED?! Fucking FLATSCANS. They don't DESERVE our protection.

FLASH!!

Malice said:
GIVE IN to what has been in your BLACK HEART ever since that night in Viper's observatory, and come to the Hellfire Club, the INNER CIRCLE.

Last edited:

Prophet

White King
Hellfire Club
Real Name
Cameron King
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
The Parthenon Hotel - Delilah's Penthouse

:: In his anger, he had forgotten that he didn't corner the market on pain from The Sisterhood or The Blue Moon. In the midst of his emotional outburst he realized that his words might have offended somebody he cared deeply about - the blonde hair blue eyed light bringer who's apartment he was sitting in just now. ::

MorningStar said:
“It’s not a trick – at least not one Karen is playing. And you know I have your back, whatever you decide to do. This affects you more than anyone else in the Six, and I will not let them make decisions for you the way they did for me. But you do know, Kelly will be coming for us.”

She took Cameron’s hand again and gave it a squeeze.

“I want Malice dead as much as you do. But we have to be smart about it. You can’t go off there half cocked. We need a plan. Promise me – promise me you won’t go there alone.”
:: He felt the warmth of her hand give him a squeeze, one that brought him back down to Earth. These were the things that he had to remember. His biological family may have been destroyed and murky at best, but the family that he created for himself, the one he had worked so hard to be a part of was still here, still intact. Despite everything that happened. There was no better person than to deliver this information to him than Delilah, which was a testament to how things were changing among The Six. She was his best friend, and she was being supportive. ::

"You're fine..."

:: Steadying himself, he began to temper his emotion, calming himself down as Delilah began to use her own light effects to have a peace wash over his body. ::

"I promise. I won't go alone...and I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said what I said about the truce...about the witches. It wasn't fair to anyone. It's just..the last six months I can't help but have the feeling that we are moving towards some very dark times....even darker than what we've already gone through. The appearance of my mother..."

[pausing for a moment]

"...or an alternate version of my mother just confirmed it to me. The Sisterhood is planning something big..they are testing their assets, working in the shadows. We have to get a run on them...but how?"

:: Cameron let out a sigh ::

"We're so...fractured right now. I know we just got a bit of peace...of understanding in that weird DREAM..but it didn't fix anything. Morgan is gone...Ava has been going through something DARK for quite some time..Haleigh has been blacking out..you've been..well, I don't really need to explain that..and now it appears that both Alison and I are about to be at odds. There is no way she's going to let my mother live, and when I counter her..I fear it's going to undo all the progress we've made..."

[looking at Delilah]

"I mean, really? If I were on the other side of things...now WOULD be a good time to attack us, drive us further apart. I've been so strong for so long..but if I'm being honest, Dee? I don't know how much longer I can do it..."

"It's like I'm fighting against my nature...and I'm starting to lose. I mean, look at this. I could have brought down The Parthenon just now because of my anger. and there have been other slip ups..."

[looking away for a moment]

"I cheated on Alycia...with Haleigh. It was just a kiss...well a little bit more than that, but you know the fucked up part? I don't feel bad about it. I didn't care. Not about Alycia. Not about Zach.. None of them. I just wanted something, so I tried to take it."

:: He looked at her with somewhat of an embarrassed look. Cameron had tried to be a source of strength for her in a dark time, and there was a part of him that felt a little uncomfortable being like this in front of her. Cameron needed to get this stuff out, but he didn't want Delilah to start think that she couldn't lean on him if she needed it. ::

"Sorry...this is just stupid. I'm a big boy. I can deal with this. We have bigger fish to fry.."

"Like Diana. Like my mother. I'd like to be the one to tell Alison, and we need to tell the others. Craft some kind of plan. We can use the resources that we have collected since making the pact, but they aren't going to be convinced easily. We need to make it crystal clear that the truce is OVER and we have a war to prepare for..."

MorningStar

The Six
Real Name
Delilah Trelaven
Residence
The Parthenon, NYC
Missions
Ability
The Parthenon - Delilah's Suite

Cameron said:
"I promise. I won't go alone...and I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said what I said about the truce...about the witches. It wasn't fair to anyone. It's just...the last six months I can't help but have the feeling that we are moving towards some very dark times....even darker than what we've already gone through. The appearance of my mother...or an alternate version of my mother just confirmed it to me. The Sisterhood is planning something big…they are testing their assets, working in the shadows. We have to get a run on them...but how?"
“Don’t apologize, Cam. You’re not wrong – sometimes the truth is hard to hear. As for the Sisterhood - I don’t think they ever stopped working in the shadows, against us. We were just handcuffed by…”

She waved a hand limply in the air, searching for the words.

“Naivety, really. Believing that THEY would ever abide by a truce.”

Looking back, it all seemed so stupid. What had they gained, really? They should have killed everyone in that building and roasted the queens on a spit.

Cameron said:
"We're so...fractured right now. I know we just got a bit of peace...of understanding in that weird DREAM..but it didn't fix anything. Morgan is gone...Ava has been going through something DARK for quite some time...Haleigh has been blacking out…you've been…well, I don't really need to explain that...and now it appears that both Alison and I are about to be at odds. There is no way she's going to let my mother live, and when I counter her...I fear it's going to undo all the progress we've made..."
“What DO you want, Cameron? To save her?”

She searched his face. She wasn’t judging him, she just wanted to understand what HE wanted. Not what he thought he should do for the sake of everyone else. But if Kelly attacked them, it would be hard to convince anyone else in the Six NOT to kill her. If turning her was his plan, it would have to happen soon.

“Alison’s your sister. As…hard…as she is, she knows who you are, she knows how you feel about Kelly. She’ll argue with you, but she’ll understand why you need to do what you need to do. You’ll get past this – you’ve come so far, too far to backslide.”

As much as Delilah HATED Alison, she was Cameron's sister, and a relationship with her was important to Cameron.

Cameron said:
"I mean, really? If I were on the other side of things...now WOULD be a good time to attack us, drive us further apart. I've been so strong for so long…but if I'm being honest, Dee? I don't know how much longer I can do it..."
Delilah reached over and pulled him into a hug.

“It’s okay…”

She held him tight.

“You’re allowed to feel emotions Cameron – you don’t have to be a block of marble like your sister. You can lean on me, I’ll hold you up.”

She pulled back, giving him a half smile.

Cameron said:
"It's like I'm fighting against my nature...and I'm starting to lose. I mean, look at this. I could have brought down The Parthenon just now because of my anger. and there have been other slip ups..."
She shook her head.

“I don’t know where you’ve gotten this idea in your head that you are some terrible person on the inside who’s trying to claw his way out. People get angry. You could have brought the Parthenon down around us but you didn’t. Shit, the table was only broken for about one second before you put it back together. You are a good person, Cameron. Your nature is to be a good person, a hero. You don’t have to be perfect – you’re not a robot, none of us are. And when you slip up, we’ll be here to catch you. If Morgan Victoria can kill Haleigh and almost destroy the world, I think we can forgive a little earthquake under the Parthenon.”

His eyes didn’t meet her’s, and she knew there was something else.

Cameron said:
"I cheated on Alycia...with Haleigh. It was just a kiss...well a little bit more than that, but you know the fucked up part? I don't feel bad about it. I didn't care. Not about Alycia. Not about Zach.. None of them. I just wanted something, so I tried to take it."
She looked at him silently for a few moments. She couldn't say she was surprised.

“Well, it seems like you do feel bad about it, or you wouldn’t be telling me about it now and looking embarrassed.”

She tilted her head.

“Having said that – you and Haleigh have a past that is too complicated to be called complicated. And if we’ve learned ANYTHING it’s that, life’s too short, man. If you love Haleigh, tell her so, be with her. And if you don’t love Alycia, she needs to know that too. Don’t string her along. Give her a chance to find someone who does. But you need to decide who you want to be with.”

She gave a sarcastic laugh.

“I’ve been sleeping with someone who I’m not in love with and who I knew was in love with me. That is pretty messed up. I am the last person who could judge you on your love life.”

Cameron said:
"Sorry...this is just stupid. I'm a big boy. I can deal with this. We have bigger fish to fry.."
“Don’t you dare say that. It’s not stupid. You’re still a person, no matter what’s happening with the Six – or what they think.”

She smirked.

“And I don’t really care what they think about this. We’ll deal with whatever comes at us, together.”

Cameron said:
"Like Diana. Like my mother. I'd like to be the one to tell Alison, and we need to tell the others. Craft some kind of plan. We can use the resources that we have collected since making the pact, but they aren't going to be convinced easily. We need to make it crystal clear that the truce is OVER and we have a war to prepare for..."
“The truce IS over. Whether they want it to be, or not…”

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.