1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Madonna - The Fall

Discussion in 'Spin' started by DonDaddyD, Feb 26, 2015.

1. DonDaddyD

DonDaddyD ::Gesturing ala Nas::

I'll tell you in another lifetime when we are both
    BBC article - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31633349

Madonna, legend, fantasy and a marvel at reinventing herself.

It's the Brit Awards - England's answer to the Grammys, I guess. The night is set, its been xx number of years since she has been seen live on a British stage. Her entrance is tight (hehe), the art direction good and you know this is going to be an impressive performance/song. And then "THUD!"

Yep she falls off the stage, well actually pulled onto the floor by her cape which she couldn't untie in time. "Thud".

The original concept would have been cool; "Out steps Madonna looking like a Darth Sidious, drapped in a black cape and when the bass drops BAM, the cape comes off and its Madonna the Evergreen. Unfortunately when the bass dropped, so did Madonna."

People were like "Madonna, no!" She recovered and credit to her she carried on but you know a fall like that is gonna hurt in the morning.

Still, that shit was funny! I must have watched it twenty times.

5.8million viewers - in the UK that's a lot

Carol Peletier likes this.
  2. Mary Stuart

Mary Stuart Queen of Scotland

You know that dancer that was responsible for pulling the cape is so fired.

Carol Peletier likes this.
  3. Carol Peletier

Carol Peletier Look at the flowers... Staff Member Contributing Member

Just have to begin by saying i LOVE "Living for love". Ever since I heard the leaked track online a month ago & then when she performed it @ the grammys, I loved it! She's singing in the lower end of her vocal range, which I've always enjoyed & i love the imagery (minotaurs & all).

Now about the fall...yes she fell HARD & she could've been hurt bad given how she fell backward, she even dropped the mic. You could hear the audience singing on even as she took a moment to recover from the fall. but it's good to know that she's okay. & hey, now she's in that elite group of "super star divas who fall down during performances" like Beyonce & of course supermodels who sometimes take EPIC DIVES off the catwalk LOL!

4. Carol Peletier

Carol Peletier Look at the flowers... Staff Member Contributing Member

&

you're a very NAUGHTY boy @DonDaddyD! :p