1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prologue: In plain sight

Discussion in 'The Six' started by Seer, Jul 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seer

Missions:
    << The Hellfire Mansion>>

<< Inside this infamous, legendary mansion, we see various views of its splendor.>>

<< Moving from one floor to the next, there isn't enough time to tour it in one day, or even three.>>

<< And for all that we see on the floors above ground, there are even more secrets below ground, in the catacombs, where only the Inner Circle- the ruling cabal of this ages old club, are allowed access.>>

<< This is a house of secrets and intrigue, but there are some secrets, that even the White Queen and King, Red Queen, and Black Queen could be left out of. How is that possible, you may ask?>>

<<Well, powerful as the Inner Circle maybe, capable of shaping changes at a local, state, federal, and even a global level, there are powers, and beings BEYOND even THEIR reach.>>

<< We are now on one of the higher residential floors of the mansion, in the Red Wing.>>

<< Inside the chambers of the mysterious Red Bishop, we find Mystique, sitting in front of a large, beautifully designed vanity, brushing her hair, and looking at herself in the mirror.>>

<< Things aren't always what they seem, and appearances can be deceiving. >>

Black Widow and Clara Oswald like this.
  2. Mystique Red Bishop Hellfire Club

Missions:
    Mystique entered her chambers, locking the door behind her. The room was quiet, only the flickering fire crackling in the stone fireplace. Stripping off her ruby red trench coat to reveal a fitted crimson dress , she tossed it onto her bed as she approached her vanity. Sitting, she looked at herself in the mirror. Her dark red wavy hair cascaded down her porcelain skin. Her bright hazel eyes, smoky and alluring. Her lips stained red and shaped to perfection. She was the epitome of what the Red Court stood for—what they represented. She was Helena’s right hand woman. Her eyes and ears. She MADE the Red Court what it was by building them into a powerhouse of information and knowledge. She was the Mystique. She was the Red Bishop.

Picking up her antique hair brush with her red stained nails, Mystique began to gently comb her curled locks as she stared into the mirror.

FLASH

Morningstar: “That shield…it’s something different. It’s not made of photons or laser light…I can’t control it.”

Firebird: "We CAN'T let them escape! Especially not HER [Persephone]!"

Spellbinder: There's no question on that.

Prophet: "ABSOLUTELY no question. She's a PASSENGER in a body that doesn't belong to hers...that she wouldn't HAVE if not for us. And it's time we REMIND her of that."

But they soon went IN on Persephone. Mystique's eyebrow raising at how EASILY they had turned their back on their team mate. How EASILY they were ready to kill her.

Persephone: "I feel SO popular."

"Don't get too excited. They're used to turning on their own."

The voices of The Six echoing in her mind as she remembered the battle at Aroma. As she remembered every memory leading up to that moment. Every detail. Spoken word. Feeling. Every REASON why she was there.

FLASH

"Family loyalty? That's all a lie people like to live by because they can't fathom the thought of surviving on their OWN. She BETRAYED her REAL sisters, Persephone. What makes you think she won't BETRAY YOU."

RAGE.

FLASH

Among the desolate ruins there were three small flowers that had managed to bloom their way through the rocky gravesite. Mystique approached them, her eyes unwavering as she stared at the sight before her. They weren't just flowers. They were hope. Hope for the people who once lived in Illustra. Hope that they would become what they once were before. Bending down, Mystique ripped the flowers from their plot, holding them in her hand as she stood back upright. There would no longer be hope. She would make sure of that.

HATRED.

FLASH

"I have my reasons as to why I find you useful to me.....The methodology of why I do the things I do won't be lost to you soon enough, Persephone. But until then....trust that I have no ill will towards you."

RETRIBUTION.

FLASH

"What they said about you? Is WRONG. They stand on these pedestals and look down their noses at everything and everyone that doesn't fit into their conformity. I've seen it--WATCHED it. They want you dead because they can't MOLD you, Persephone. Because you are STRONG and they're AFRAID of what you're capable of. Like I said....I know them more than they know themselves.

Her mind went to Haleigh—BLACK WIDOW.

FLASH

"But it seems you keep getting kicked while you're down because of your [she hissed] sister....and her play thing [Alek]. She always puts herself first....never thinks of you....i've seen it. WATCHED it."

BETRAYAL.

FLASH

“Maybe they’ll let me kill her [Scion].”

REVENGE.

FLASH

"She's not as fragile as you think, Persephone. She's calculated in her methods. She KNOWS how to survive....and if that means sacrificing YOU. [scoffing] Don't think for a SECOND that she won't do it."

Persephone: "What the hell has she done to you to make you despise her SO much?"

Mystique lifted her chin, her hazel eyes narrowing as the memories continued to play in her mind like a flashback montage. She gently put her antique hair brush down on her vanity.

FLASH

She knew the six better than she liked to admit, and she knew how fickle a people they were. She wanted to hurt them....FIGHT them. She got a small taste of it tonight, but she wanted MORE. She wanted to SHOW THEM what she was capable of. What she could DO to them. Exactly WHO she was.

Running her fingers back through her BLONDE hair, she looked upon her TRUE SELF in the mirror.

“Time's UP.”

She purred; her delicate fingers running down the bronzed caramel contours of her face and to her neck. There, her black vanished finger nails picked up a delicate necklace—an orb with what looked like the night sky MOVING within it. A piece of LIMBO. A piece of HER. A piece of her PAST that lead to her new FUTURE. One with her REVENGE coming to fruition, and Helena Quartermaine DEAD.

Clara Oswald: Awesomeness!
  3. Ororo

Ororo Weather Witch

Residence:
    Limbo
    Ability:
    Magick, Elemental Weather Manipulation
    Missions:
    The Hellfire Mansion- Red Bishop's chambers

BLACK storm clouds roll over the hellfire mansion, and thunder rolls once in a quiet manner, and then again in a louder, more menancing manner.

A haunting wind whistles, and a column of wind, with dried leaves spinning in it, forms a few paces behind Mystique.

ORORO appears in her flowing white "goddess" dress and a blue robe, and the moment the immortal weather witch makes her presence known, EVERYONE in the hellfire mansion is "frozen" in place. She cannot be detected by any technology, and casts that sheilding over Mystique as well as she stands in the room with her.

Ororo: Mystique.

She speaks in that calm, clear, elegant tone, one that Mystique is well familiar with.

<<FLASH!>>

I've been watching you, and you've done well so far.

But with recent events, I have decided to come check on you, and make sure that you are okay.

The road you're walking is a dark, lonely and risky one...but the GOAL that WE have in mind is now within your sights!

Ororo walks forward, and places a hand on Mystique's shoulder.

I am also here to encourage you.

The weather witch speaks as though she knows this woman quite well, and is even...concerned about her.

Black Widow, Prophet and Clara Oswald like this.
  4. Mystique Red Bishop Hellfire Club

Missions:
    Alexis looked to her window, hearing the rolling rumble of thunder. Her mind immediately went to Persephone....but no. An all too familiar voice was heard from behind her, causing Alexis to look into her vanity mirror and see Ororo standing there.

Ororo: "Mystique."

Alexis smirked, her sapphire eyes glimmering deviously as the weather goddess called her by her alias.

Ororo:
    I've been watching you, and you've done well so far.

"Everything is going according to plan."

A plan that had been set into motion over a year ago. One that planted Alexis covert into Helena's orbit--into the orbit of the Hellfire Club and Inner Circle.

Ororo:
    But with recent events, I have decided to come check on you, and make sure that you are okay.

Alexis gave Ororo a small smile, seeing the concern in her mentors eyes.

"I'm fine. Out of everyone within this Inner Circle....i'm the only one that DOESN'T have a target on their backs."

And for good reason. As much as she hated Helena. As much as she despised Diana. Alexis played the game PERFECTLY. She fell into line and made sure to lick the god damned Queens shoes if need be. She did what they asked when they asked. She was respectful, charming, USEFUL. She made them NEED her. And now? She would rip her aunt apart, piece by piece.

Ororo:
    The road you're walking is a dark, lonely and risky one...but the GOAL that WE have in mind is now within your sights!

"I know....but we're so close. Everything we both planned--that i've worked over a YEAR on--is finally coming to an end. Helena WILL DIE by my hand."

Ororo approached her and placed her hand on Alexis' shoulder. Alexis could feel her body shaking in fury, but Ororo's touch instantly calmed her. Inhaling a deep breath through her nose, she placed her hand on top of Ororo's.

Ororo:
    I am also here to encourage you.

Squeezing her hand, Alexis finally turned to face Ororo, looking up with softer eyes.

"You've been the only person in my entire life to ever give me a chance....to see the potential that I have and guide me instead of dismiss me. You didn't ABANDON me like they did. You didn't LET them kill me. You gave me a new lease on life....one that I WILL NOT waste."

The Alexis Quartermaine of the past was a foolish, self absorbed, lush with a superiority complex. She thought she deserved everything and never worked for anything. She was too trusting....to willing to conform to other people's standards in order to be accepted. This due mostly to her Aunt Helena NEVER accepting her as a Quartermaine and never wanting her to be apart of the Quartermaine family. She was WEAK. FOOLISH. And NIAVE. Now? She was reborn into someone who could take down a fucking EMPIRE like the Hellfire Club. She didn't care about what people thought of her or how they perceived her. She didn't want to 'fit in' or be liked. She didn't need a man to make her feel needed or wanted. She didn't need a SUBSTANCE to feel in control. Alexis--ARCLIGHT--was what she SHOULD have been ten years ago.

Alexis stood, to meet eye to eye with Ororo. She held the orb Ororo had given her--an actual moving piece of Limbo.

"You gave this to me as a reminder of who I am and what i've become. I won't let anyone get in my way.....and if they do? I'll kill them."

Black Widow and Clara Oswald like this.
  5. Seer

Missions:
    Once upon a time

<< Limbo.>>

<< The eldritch dimension that is essentially the gateway to all times and places, a mysterious, magickal place, ruled by Spellbinder.>>

<< But there are many facets of Limbo that stand out, and one such place is the beautiful, sprawling Garden Oasis of the immortal weather witch, Ororo.>>

<< She represents a unique temporal focal point across the time stream, and is the guardian of the Dark Trinity. She has also provided support and assistance to the friends and family of the Dark Trinity across the time stream.>>

<< Ororo is beyond the petty trappings of humanity, having lost her's some time when she first arrived to Limbo, in another time and space. Her wisdom and her power are understood by all except the very foolish.>>

<<sometime ago, in the aftermath of the harrowing battle between Harbinger (then known as Guardian) and Blackout...>>

<<FLASH!>>

<< In the shocking aftermath of that standoff, which left Harbinger dead, and Blackout NEAR death, Ororo rescued the surviving members of the Six, and brought them to the safety of her Garden Oasis.>>

---------------------------

<< FLASH!>>

<< And it seemed THAT would be where the story of Alexis Quartermane, aka Shockwave, bka Blackout, founding member of the Six, would END.>>

<< That was 10 years ago, and during that time, and all the events that the Six would live through, Alexis Quartermain stood, in the form Ororo cast her in, along a water way, that marked the line of demarcation between her garden oasis, and the rest of Limbo.>>

Persephone: Yesssss fucking great flashback!
  6. Ororo

Ororo Weather Witch

Residence:
    Limbo
    Ability:
    Missions:
    The Hellfire Mansion- Red Bishop's Quarters

Ororo looked down at the young woman, and smiled, ever so slightly, with approval.

Ororo nodded with agreement.

So many lives have been destroyed by the Inner Circle, including your own. I of all people understand the need, the REQUIREMENT for retribution.

I was in the same position, when I avenged my fallen team, after the original ruler of Limbo, Belasco destroyed them. NOTHING else mattered to me, save destroying him, and even though it cost me my soul...I knew that he could not be allowed to pervert the child I had been charged with protecting (her original world's version of Spellbinder).

As we discussed in Limbo, your path to your new life will ONLY be preserved once you REMOVE the most primal threat to it, Helena Quartermain.

Ororo gently but firmly takes Alexis by both her shoulders, holding her steady, and gazing into her eyes. One moment, Alexis could see Ororo's face, but after she blinked, Ororo's face was now enshrouded in shadow as she spoke.::

The Inner Circle, lead by the White Queen, is an abomination unto all that lives, they have perverted and destroyed lives and families for generations, and they are on the cusp of ressurgance.

Malice, Enchantrah, Talisman, Lord Ravena...and their courts....It's time THEY felt the pain of loss, as they have inflicted upon the Six.

You may not be FOND of your former teammates, but you MUST remember the bigger picture. Talisman has gone TOO FAR with her campaign of harrassment against Shadow Weaver, and Spellbinder is in direct danger from the one called Lord Ravena. As the guardian of the dark trinity, I will NOT allowed this to continue unchallenged.

You and I have a unique moment where we can MARRY our causes, your desire, your NEED for retributation, and my charge to protect the dark trinity across the time stream, to bear mutually desired fruit, the death of Helena Quartermaine, and DISRUPTION of the Inner Circle to slow down their progress, and give Spellbinder and her allies the time that they need to strike a mighty blow.

Do not waver. if anyone, INCLUDING Black Widow tries to stop you, STRIKE HER DOWN. The bigger picture, the one that encompasses the Dark Trinity, and you ALL, is worth MORE than any vain and foolish desire held by anyone within these walls.

Shes says this coldly, but Alexis would understand perfectly. She reaches out, and touches the orb of the necklace that she'd gifted Alexis with before bringing her here

They (The Inner Circle) are not the ONLY ones who can "play the game" and it's time they were shown what it feels like to be on the losing side.

Before I brought you here, I educated you, and trained you in the use of your new powers, and I gifted you with this orb, which will be your fail safe should all else fail. I have the utmost confidence in you, Alexis....

Standing back a bit

....Mystique.

And in a rare moment of displayed familiarity, Ororo WINKS at Alexis, as her face has now returned to its normal view.

When this is over, your life will be yours to live as you please, FREE from one of the most toxic and deadly holdovers from your previous life.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  7. Mystique Red Bishop Hellfire Club

Missions:
    Ororo: So many lives have been destroyed by the Inner Circle, including your own. I of all people understand the need, the REQUIREMENT for retribution.

The Inner Circle--MysTech--were the reasons why Alexis' life had been in shambles since the moment she was born. She was the product of kidnap by Adam Chandler because she was a meta human. He wanted to use her as a means to gain power along side Christopher Victory. And when she found out she was NOT a Chandler and was actually a Quartermaine? Helena made her life a living hell, shunning her since day one. Calling her a leech and a parasite to the Quartermaine name. She was USED and ABUSED for decades until finally she was pushed to the brink. And again, because of MysTech--Helena--the INNER CIRCLE--she lost ten years of her life. Because of THE SIX, she was never given a chance for retribution until NOW.

Alexis listened to Ororo's own accounts as to why she understood the need for vengeance. It was the reason why Ororo allowed Alexis to return. They were two of the same....both victims who PREVAILED and ROSE ABOVE.

Ororo: As we discussed in Limbo, your path to your new life will ONLY be preserved once you REMOVE the most primal threat to it, Helena Quartermaine.

"Trust me....that bitch is as good as DEAD."

Alexis confirmed with a mixture of conviction and anger. Ororo took her by the shoulders, causing Alexis' sapphire eyes to meet with the weather goddess'. But it was only for a moment....for Ororo's face was then enshrouded by shadows. It would alarm any normal person, but to Alexis it was 'normal'.

Ororo: The Inner Circle, lead by the White Queen, is an abomination unto all that lives, they have perverted and destroyed lives and families for generations, and they are on the cusp of ressurgance. Malice, Enchantrah, Talisman, Lord Ravena...and their courts....It's time THEY felt the pain of loss, as they have inflicted upon the Six.

"It's already started. I've planted the seeds since the BEGINNING of Haleigh's arrival. Using her weakness for The Six as a means to make her FAIL. Diana is already on her last straw with her....Haleigh found reprieve FOR NOW, but once i'm done, the dominos will fall and it will be a ripple effect throughout ALL the courts. And once Helena's dead? All bets are off. Diana doesn't trust Kelly, she'll immediately attack like a caged animal, and the Inner Circle will eat each other alive."

And it would give The Six and Birds of Prey the opportunity to swoop in and destroy them all. As much as she HATED the Six....she would be willing to use them to get what she wanted in the end.

Ororo:
    You may not be FOND of your former teammates, but you MUST remember the bigger picture. Talisman has gone TOO FAR with her campaign of harrassment against Shadow Weaver, and Spellbinder is in direct danger from the one called Lord Ravena. As the guardian of the dark trinity, I will NOT allowed this to continue unchallenged.

Alexis' eyes wavered from Ororo's. Spellbinder had been dead when she became Blackout....granted they were never CLOSE, but Morgan hadn't betrayed her; not like everyone else. She would help protect Karen and Morgan from Kelly and Ravena. If only to repay Ororo back for what the goddess had given her.

"I know. I'll do what I can to help you."

Ororo: You and I have a unique moment where we can MARRY our causes, your desire, your NEED for retributation, and my charge to protect the dark trinity across the time stream, to bear mutually desired fruit, the death of Helena Quartermaine, and DISRUPTION of the Inner Circle to slow down their progress, and give Spellbinder and her allies the time that they need to strike a mighty blow.

The taste was bitter hearing Ororo speak of the Six being the ones to deliver the blow that would take down the Inner Circle. Fucking assholes didn't deserve glory. HOWEVER, that didn't mean Alexis wouldn't strike THEM down after Hellfire laid in ruins.

Ororo: Do not waver. if anyone, INCLUDING Black Widow tries to stop you, STRIKE HER DOWN. The bigger picture, the one that encompasses the Dark Trinity, and you ALL, is worth MORE than any vain and foolish desire held by anyone within these walls.

Alexis' sapphire eyes narrowed with contempt. Just the SOUND of Haleigh's name made the mutant want to rip her skin off. The bitch DESERVED everything she GOT inside the Hellfire Club. It was the one and ONLY time Alexis would ever be 'Team Diana'. If Alexis hated anyone more than her Aunt Helena, it was Haleigh Davidoff. She was the reason Alexis was cast to stone; being bitten by Haleigh and infected by the TO Virus. Haleigh NEVER saw her as an equal. NEVER treated her as a friend. And NEVER gave her the benefit of the doubt when she was controlled by Helena and turned into Blackout. Yet there SHE was, willingly defecting to the Hellfire Club like a treacherous, traitorous, hypocritical BITCH.

"Oh trust me.....I have NO PROBLEM ripping Scion's head off and delivering it to her new found sisters. I'll even make it pretty....wrap the bitch's forehead with a little white bow."

Alexis sneered with contempt. Ororo would find no reason to doubt Alexis' ability or willingness to take out Black Widow.

Ororo: Before I brought you here, I educated you, and trained you in the use of your new powers, and I gifted you with this orb, which will be your fail safe should all else fail. I have the utmost confidence in you, Alexis....Mystique.

Alexis nodded, giving Ororo a smirk as the goddess winked at her. To say they had a friendship would downplay how truly close they had become since Alexis was brought back to 'life'. Ororo taught her a new way to harness her energy abilities, now focusing on INVISIBILITY as an offensive and defensive method of use. She was an omega level energy mutant with a vendetta; one that Ororo was all too willing to help her fulfill.

"Being invisible has it's perks. You can't fight what you can't see....and they sure as hell haven't seen ME coming."

Ororo: When this is over, your life will be yours to live as you please, FREE from one of the most toxic and deadly holdovers from your previous life.

The thought seemed almost....reachable at this point. It was so close to being over. She was SO CLOSE to getting everything she had fought so hard for.

"Thank you...."

Alexis moved forward and embraced Ororo.

"For giving me this chance, Ororo. I WILL make them pay. I WILL make you proud."

She promised as she held Ororo for a few moments longer. Finally she pulled away, giving Ororo a small smile. She knew it was time for the weather elemental to leave. It was bittersweet....it had been so long since she had seen her, but she knew the sooner she finished her mission, the quicker she'd be able to see her again, and this time without the heavy weight of revenge on her chest.

"Give Alexia a hug for me....Tell her I miss her every day..."

She asked, her eyes softening with sadness for the first time since their encounter. She missed that little girl; the only purely joyful thing in Limbo.

"Goodbye, Ororo."

8. Ororo

Ororo Weather Witch

Residence:
    Limbo
    Ability:
    Missions:
    Hellfire Mansion- Red Bishop's quarters

Ororo's facial expression softened as she took Alexis in her arms, and returned her embrace.

I know you will, child.

The wind will be at your back, and I will only be a wind away. If things somehow completely fall apart...I will be here. And should that moment come, Malice, Enchantrah, and ESPECIALLY Talisman and Ravena will know what REAL power and FEAR feel like, just as that degenerate, ERIKA KING learned the hard way!

I will be sure to deliver your message to her.

What you do now, will ultimately help to make this world safer, and more inhabitable for Alexia as well.

She nodded with reassurance

Farewell, Alexis.

The weather witch lifts her hand and waves goodbye, and the column of wind, along with dried leaves spinning around in it forms around her. A haunting wind whistles, and thunder rumbles in the skies around the mansion, as Ororo VANISHES, and EVERYONE inside the mansion is RELEASED from the "freeze" effect that they were placed under when she arrived.

NO technology was able to record her appeareance, or the activity in the Red Bishop's room while she was there. "Mystique's" secret was STILL safe. Her plan, along with Ororo's was proceeding just as they expected, and the Hellfire Club's Inner Circle had NO IDEA of what was coming for them, even as it stood among them, in plain sight!

Clara Oswald, Prophet and Black Widow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.