1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident Evil: Final Chapter Trailer

Discussion in 'Big Screen' started by Prophet, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Prophet

Prophet Aftershock Staff Member Contributing Member

I'll admit I got into the movies because of The Six and wanting to understand things better lol. But I'm pretty excited about this!

Carol Peletier likes this.
  2. Carol Peletier

Carol Peletier Look at the flowers... Staff Member Contributing Member

I LOVED the first two installments of this movie franchise. It's one of the rare examples of a big screen adaptation that I actually liked! But they lost me w/ the Extinction & Afterlife chapters of this film series :(

The first two films showed a respect for the video game that spawned it, & Alice, who does NOT appear in any of the games, actually seemed like she could've been an original character. But they've gone on to turn her into a character I no longer identify with or care about. They disrespected & RUINED Jill Valentine, who is a very important figure in the games, but who's presence in the films after 2nd one was almost nill. her return in Retribution was a nod to one of the less popular chapters in her video game history.

RAIN was a character that I liked, but she was basically a zombie buffet for the later half of the first film. Her return Retribution, the way they made it possible...it seemed creative, until the truth about her (& others) was revealed. Overall, her return was bitter sweet.

I'll see this film b/c I do want to see how they "end" it. For them to loop back to Raccoon City is interesting. I'm looking to Ali Larter's return as Claire, another major character from the games who was marginalized in the film. It appears that Sienna Guillory will not be in the final film, & that disappoints me :(