Tachyon

Catch me if you can!!
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Xavier Winston, Jr.
Missions
Ability
Hyperspeed, Magic Tracking, Magic Immunity, Super Strength, Escapism
Now outside the courtroom, Xavier takes a look around. The coast out here, at least, is clear. He checks on Vivica and Jake. He starts with Vivica.

Are you OK, love?

Looks at Jake, kneeling quickly to get to his eye level.

Everything will be all right, Jake. We will make sure you are safe and sound.

"Steel, help Isis. Cypher, can you confirm that the Sanctuary is still on lock down?"
Richard: Ain't shit getting through me. Do you need me to come through?

[via com] Please advise. Return the little one to the Sanctuary or return to the scene?

Matrix

Rising Star
Hellfire Club
Missions
Ability
Ultra-Omnimorph
The com heated up, shit was apparently going down. They kept asking about the sanctuary like my ass was NOT RIGHT HERE. Finally, Oracle asks again.

[via com] "Steel, help Isis. Cypher, can you confirm that the Sanctuary is still on lock down?"
Ain't shit getting through me. Do YOU need ME to come through?

I walked the short distance to where Simon and Danny had the older kids, bringing the smaller children with me and placing them closer, but safe.

Yo fellas, things are getting testy at the Courthouse. We may need to head inside. At the very least, we need to stay close and be alert. I may need to roll over there at any moment.

Cypher

Access Denied
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Gabriel Jerome
Missions
Ability
Cybernetic Mutant/Omnilingual Translation
Gabe watched as everyone fought inside the courtroom, unsure of exactly what to do. Everything was secure on his end, so he sat watching the monitors as if he were watching a movie. Suddenly, Rose woke up from being knocked out and fucked up everyone with a massive strike--almost taking out Orion, Valkyrie, and Isis as well.

"Jesus....talk about poking the bear, Hellfire."

Gabe said to himself. Hellfire had been fucking with this lady so much she straight lost her mind....

Oracle: [via com] "Steel, help Isis. Cypher, can you confirm that the Sanctuary is still on lock down?"

Gabe looked over at the Sanctuary feed seeing all was good on that end.

[via com link] "Everything is still solid there. No one's getting in."

He then looked at the feed inside the courthouse hallway where Recall, Tachyon, and Jake were. He followed the multiple cameras down the different halls leading to the back parking lot. Everything was clear.

[via com link] "Recall, Tachyon: There's a clear path down the south hallway toward the back parking lot."

While relaying the info, Gabe remote hacked a Lexus like he did the other 'zombie' cars earlier while trying to block Nedry from taking Jake to Hellfire. The Lexus pulled up to the back exit of the courthouse.

[via com link] "A Lexus is on and waiting for you outside the exit if you need it."

Talisman

Pure Apathy
The Sisterhood
Real Name
Kelly Shaw
Missions
Ability
Omnisight, Mystical Detection, Techno Magick, Weaponry
The Courthouse

Isis said:
:: She SHOVES Jake out of harm's way. Isis is stronger than any baseline human and so Jake is sent on his way with some force, but CAUGHT in the well timed, and waiting arms of Recall, who turns her back to sheild him ::

:: At that same moment, She now lifts both her hands up, and her power signature sounds off::

Her manna is strong, cold and focused, BUT...

:: gesturing ,as she ignites her magicks::

....I can weave a pattern of power sufficient to fracture and REDIRECT this attack!

:: she QUICKLY strikes a "pose" as she weaves a pattern of mystical power that charges forward and begins to "corkscrew" around the green hued beam like a golden ribbon, before TWISTING IT off it's original course, and turning it BACK toward Talisman, forcing her to dodge her own attack. The beam crashes into the wall::

And where did Malice find you, a casting call for a stage magician?

:: Isis replied with a smirk of her own, for not only did she turn her foe's attack back on her, AIMED it "Just so", and while Talisman dodged, she was now in the oncoming path of the bench Tachyon had hurled her way!::
< A satisfied smirk crept across Talisman's lips as she watched Isis shove the boy into Recall's arms and began to warp her magick around Talisman's own attack. Feeling the redirection from her own energy source, she knew that she would soon be facing her own beam and she could detect the familiar energy signature and SMELL of Tachyon as he moved into action. These kids were very much into group play. >

"Hmph!"

< Talisman had no choice but to dodge, flexing her fists once more as her nanites or "blackjackets" as she liked to call them began to weave in and out around, a swam headed straight for the bench and CONSUMED it entirely as if it has never been there in the first place. With quickness, she ducked at the last moment as her OWN attack came hurling back at her. The nanites returned swirling around her arms, hardening almost as if they were armor. Her cobalt blue eyes returned to gaze upon Isis. >

Isis: "And where did Malice find you, a casting call for a stage magician?"

"Not quite, Cleopatra. But continue to believe that. It'll make taking you down far more...delicious."

Rose said:
<< HURT. PAIN. BETRAYAL. ALONE. UNLOVED!>>

<< Rose's eyes SNAP open, and are now solid white, and GLOWING. >>

<< a glowing WHITE blast of psycho power VAPORIZES the men closing in on Silver Swan and Oracle, as Rose rises to her feet.>>

<< She doesnt respond to Oracle or Silver Swan, as she stands there, with WHITE energy surrounding her. She turns and looks at Talisman.>>

DIE!

<< Rose lifts off the ground, and takes aim, launching forward in a PSYCHO CRUSHER attack, she SMASHES through the men attacking Orion and Valkyrie, but the PRESSURE around her power signature flattens the two of them as she passes, and she BOWLS Isis out of the way like a BOWLING PIN. She flies across the room and charges into Talisman, the moment of impact is surrounded by white light, as she hits/bombards the witch on a myriad of levels, both on the physical AND the astral plane.>>
"And that's my cue."

< Rose CHARGES into her as Talisman activates her mystic shields all around her. She feels a white light all around her but the pain? It is QUITE extraordinary and manages to throttle even somebody like Talisman who is HIGHLY resistant to feelings. She wants to scream out, but she is not going to give the satisfaction to those around her that this in fact is VERY painful. >

"Uhhhggg...aaahhhh.."

< Using her own enhanced strength, she tries to PRY the woman from her body, writhing and WRIGGLING around like cats on the floor for a moment, Talisman doing her BEST to manage this...PAIN. Until Kelly realizes that this is futile. She would need to employ another tactic. She whispers into Rose's ear. >

"The man responsible for ALL of this is here. The ones who LET this happen are here, Rose. RIGHT NOW. Stop wasting your time on me - and give them the punishment THEY deserve."

< It appeared that Rose was somewhat listening to Talisman long enough to free her hand, grab her Omni Pistol and shoot the only bullet she had in the chamber - an escape rope bullet. Firing the trigger the bullet shot UP towards the ceiling and made contact, creating a pool of swirling energy that matched the mysterious floor length mirror in her Chamber of Shadows. Talisman held on TIGHTLY as the force of the bullet propped her UP and out from under Rose as she rose above them all, looking towards them, locking eyes with Isis. >

"I'll be seeing you soon, Dominique Devereaux."

< Turning to face the group. >

"Be sure to give my warmest of regards to Karen Victoria!"

< She shot up, entering the mystical portal before it closed up immediately as she was cast out into her Chamber of Shadows into a huddle. She got to her feet and looked herself over in the mirror. >

"Not my most graceful landing, but it will do."

< She grabbed a glass of hemlock as she continued to watch the scene unfold at the Courthouse via her omni sight. Kelly had gone to the Courthouse to poke at Isis and to ensure that Rose went off the deep end, and in that she had been successful. All that was left to do was to watch Rose attempt to kill them all, and watch them realize that they had no other choice but to destroy Rose. >

"And then all of those little brats can take up residence in my Body Shoppe."

< Talisman laughed taking a sip. >

Titan

Mealltach
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Andrew Murphy
Missions
Ability
Hyperkinesis
The Sanctuary

From what was being said on the com, Andrew could tell something was going on, but it wasn't until Zach updated them that they had a clear picture.

"Titan, Matrix! Heads up guys, we were ambushed at court! Lock down the Sanctuary, you could be hit next!"
[via com] "We're all fine, everything's fine here. How are you?"

They had just finished yet another rousing game of Red Rover, and many of the kids were rubbing their arms, so he thought it was a good time to suggest going
in.

"Okay everyone, time to head inside and eat. Uncle Andy needs a nap."

And he hoped a lot of the kids did too.

[via com link] "Everything is still solid there. No one's getting in."
This guy Gabe assured them that the Sanctuary was still locked down, but no reason to take unnecessary chances with the kids. And a nap did sound pretty damn good. As he brought the last of the kids inside, he heard Zizi tell John to help Isis. He knew Rich would be itching to check on her.

"She'll be fine - she's one of the toughest ladies I've ever seen."

He smiled at Rich reassuringly.

"Sure wish we could see what was happening, though."

Isis

Black Diamond
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Dominique Deveraux
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Explosive sand cloud form, attributes of Isis - the egyptian goddess of rebirth &amp; magick
Family Court Room

"Not quite, Cleopatra. But continue to believe that. It'll make taking you down far more...delicious."
:: Isis and Talisman exchanged several arounds of attacks. Their distinct power signatures caused dazzling feedback as they collided with one another. The former and the current Black Queen's distinct styles were apparent to those watching, and these two were polar opposites. Talisman, since her last contact with the Birds of Prey, had undergone some..."modifications"...and there was a difference in her presentation this time round, But Isis was no amateur, nor was she intimidated, and she made SURE Talisman understood just a FRACTION of what she could do today::

:: There were near hits on both sides, but just as Talisman had her goal in mind, Isis had her's, to prevent her from taking Jake, and to gain first hand experience with this woman that she'd already been observing via the runes still attached to the Hellfire Mansion.::

:: But before heir mystical fire fight could escalate, a crash of energy was heard as ROSE emerged, more powerful and enraged than before. Before Isis could change tactics, Rose BOWLED her over, knocking the wind out of her as the astral energy manipulator attacked Talisman::

:: Isis was momentarily stunned!::

[via com] "Steel, help Isis. Cypher, can you confirm that the Sanctuary is still on lock down?"
He nodded, moving quickly to Isis' side and crouching down.

"Are you okay Isis?"

He reached out his hand to help her.
:: coughing as she looked up at Steel::

Bright lady!

:: she exclaimed, accepting his hand::

I am shaken...but I'll settle. I wasn't EXPECTING that from Rose!

:: Rose was intent on killing Talisman::

"I never thought I'd say this, but I prefer the old Black Queen. This new bitch needs to die."

She thought about it.

"Maybe the two of them will kill each other."
:: Another backhanded "compliment" from the ill tempered asgardian. Rose must have scrambled her soul but GOOD. But there was more going on than they could possibly want at this point!::

We have a bigger problem.

:: Talisman began to make her ESCAPE, and ROSE did not go after her. But rather, she turned her unearthly glare...on THEM.::

Ain't shit getting through me. Do YOU need ME to come through?
Richard! Stay where you are! There's nothing more than you could do here!

:: She commanded as they all began to form around Oracle, Silver Swan and Charope, who was moving forward, trying to appeal to Rose::

Charope, don't go any closer to her!

:: Isis warns...::

Rose

Soul Satellite
Birds of Prey
Residence
New York City; Lower East Side
Missions
Ability
Omega level psychic, Soul &amp; Psycho power, Master martial artist
The Courthouse

he whispers into Rose's ear. >

"The man responsible for ALL of this is here. The ones who LET this happen are here, Rose. RIGHT NOW. Stop wasting your time on me - and give them the punishment THEY deserve."

< It appeared that Rose was somewhat listening to Talisman.>
<< Rose faltered as her RAGE began to focus...NO LONGER on Talisman.>>

"I'll be seeing you soon, Dominique Devereaux."

< Turning to face the group. >

"Be sure to give my warmest of regards to Karen Victoria!"

< She shot up, entering the mystical portal before it closed up immediately
<< Rose stood up to her full height, and was now hovering, as the ambience of her power was now like rolling thunder. She looked upon the Birds of Prey, now gathered together.>>

You.

<< She looks at them all, with her glowing white eyes>>

This is ALL.

<< Zach>>

Your.

<< Alycia.>>

FAULT.

<< Ashley.>>

You're JUST LIKE them. You CAN'T BE trusted! You're JUST as judgemental, HATEFUL, FAKE, and PHONY ....you dont love ANYONE who is not apart of your SELFISH, OVER INDULGENT WAY OF LIFE!

<< she paused for a moment, and looked around.>>

JAKE.

WHERE IS HE!?

You TOOK HIM!

Alycia: Jake is SAFE! You've STOPPED Nedry. He'll never hurt you, Jake or ANYONE ELSE again, and don't you see, Rose? This WHOLE THING was a set up! Now that we know the TRUTH we can...

<<Rose SCREAMS!>>

SILENCE!

Charope, don't go any closer to her!

:: Isis warns...::

YOU! YOU'RE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF THIS!

<< she points at Zachary>>

EVEN TALISMAN KNEW!

I SEE THE TRUTH! I SEE WHAT YOU ALL THINK OF ME, HOW MUCH BETTER THAN ME YOU THINK YOU ARE BECAUSE OF THE PETTY TRAPPINGS YOU SURROUND YOURSELF WITH, AND THE SOCIAL SONG AND DANCES YOU DO, AS IF ANY OF YOU SHALLOW, SELFISH CREATURES KNOW WHAT IT IS TO BE AN OUTCAST, TO BE MARGINALIZED, TO BE UNLOVED!?

I AM FINISHED PLAYING GAMES WITH YOU, ZACH ARMANI! ALL OF YOU!

I WILL MAKE SURE THAT NONE OF YOU EVER INSERTS YOURSELVES INTO THE LIVES OF THE WEAK AND THE MARGINALIZED EVER AGAIN!

<< And with that, Rose thrusts her hands up into the air, and in a crash of thunder and the haunting screams of fallen souls filling the air around the court room, Rose unleashes her PSYCHO POWER [0:04 - 0:06] upon them ALL in a blinding, vicious, expanding BALLISTIC blast of body breaking and soul crushing astral energy!>>

<< the Court room shakes violently, as if being rocked by an EARTH QUAKE>>

<<FLASH!>>

Isis said:
:: At the last possible moment, Isis, having recovered from that violent impact from earlier, moves forward, and lifts her hands, her power signature sounds off, as she casts a mystical energy matrix of PROTECTION and SHIELDING around herself , the Birds of Prey, and Rae. ::
Seer said:
<< what happens when the chains are broken, and all the grief, all the heartache, all the trauma, the betrayal, the RAGE is no longer held in check!?>>

<< Days ago, she gave herself a reading, and each time...she drew...FIVE OF CUPS, THE DEVIL, THE MOON, and DEATH!>>

<< She thought it was some external force interfering. She never dared realize that it was all from within. That everything, from life long before she knew any of these people, up till now, with the tragedy of the Purifiers, and now Jake, was pushing her to the point of no return.>>

<< But now that the chains were broken, and she was WASHED AWAY in a tidal wave of rage and madness, she WELCOMED IT. >>

<< They thought they could dictate to HER? They thought they could look down on her expect her to TOLERATE it? They thought that THEY decided the path that she and her children would walk!?>>

<< Talisman was RIGHT. This was THEIR fault!>>

<< Thankfully, Jake is not here to see this terrifying moment...but soon he, and the WHOLE CITY may know the WRATH of Rose. She cries out with primal RAGE as she RENEWS her attack on them, BATTERING their bodies, their senses, and their souls!>>

Isis said:
::The sorceress finds herself in a position much like she was the night of the blue moon, she joined forces with Harbinger and Shadow Weaver to stand against Circe's attack on Minerva's mansion.::

:: Then as now...the stakes are SO HIGH, only this time, she does not have the support of two other witches. But she has proven BEFORE that she IS tough, POWERFUL, and possessed of an incredibly strong WILL.::

Her pattern of power....is UNLIKE anything I've encountered...but I MUST....I WILL ENDURE....

:: But the STRAIN she's under is evident, and the "STALEMATE" that she and Rose are now in is one that if Isis buckles, even for a MOMENT, they will ALL be CRUSHED by her psycho powered attack.::

:: Seconds seem to move as HOURS, and there is precious little the others can do, as they may will be at the hour of their death.::
Seer said:
<< Rose FALTERS...if only for a MOMENT, and the feedback from her attack, and Isis falling back into Steel's arms as her shields drop sends everyone crashing to the floor. The respite is BRIEF and the evidence of the holocaust that Rose has unleashed upon them is all around them. She can be heard weeping
Rose: THERE WILL BE NO PEACE IN THIS WORLD! NOT AS LONG AS PEOPLE LIKE BLACK WIDOW WALK FREE, AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU! << ZACH ARMANI>> DEFEND AN ENABLE HER! MY CHILDREN WILL NEVER BE SAFE FROM WITHIN OR WITHOUT!

EVERY NIGHT, MORE SOULS CRY, MORE WEAK AND MARGINALIZE ARE SNUFFED OUT, WHILE YOU WASTE TIME. BUT YOU CAST JUDGEMENT ON ME!?

NOW YOU WILL KNOW WHAT FEAR MY CHILDREN FELT! WHAT PAIN THEY FELT....YOU WILL KNOW DESTRUCTION!

<< And as she thrusts her arms out to either side, and WAILS, JUST like she did when she found her adoptive parents dead. JUST like she did when no one was watching, after her children had died. she unleashes her most destructive attack YET! A glowing white "ring" of psycho power BLASTS OUT , expanding in ALL directions, as She begins to DESTROY the entire COURT building itself, and she intends to destroy everyone within it as well!>>

Mystique

Red Bishop
Hellfire Club
Missions
She had been there the entire time, RECORDING everything. The witness room. The courtroom. Everything. The little hacker that could may have had control over the camera's within, but he didn't have control over what he couldn't detect.

Talisman and Isis went at it like two old bitches fighting over the last bingo chip. Quite entertaining if not extremely funny. All the while, Mystique sat cross legged on the witness stand--cloaked from all eyes and other technology--while continuing to record the event as well as giving a live feed to Helena.

As soon as Talisman made her escape, no one anticipated the level of crazy Rose was about to unleash. She began to scream at the Birds of Prey, turning her fury onto them.

[com link] Helena: "Get out of there Mystique. The time for fun and game has come to an end....she's been pushed PAST the brink of no return."

With a sigh, Mystique really wanted to fuck with the Birds of Prey. Get a few bitchy jabs in. Fuck with Valkryie a little considering Mystique hadn't seen the bitch since she was cast out by Helena. But alas, she would have to wait yet AGAIN to have a little fun.

Shutting the video feed off, Mystique hopped off the witness stand just as Rose began to cry. Disappearing out of the courtroom, she could feel the entire building shake from the pure force of Rose's power as she unleashed her psycho ring attack. Luckily, Mystique was out of range having just left the courthouse.

The Red Bishop made her way into the pedestrian filled sidewalks, reappearing as she past a telephone pole and blending into the crowd a she went.

[com link] "I'm headed back now, my Queen."

She relayed to Helena as she made her way back to Hellfire.

Orion

Ambassador
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Zachary Armani
Missions
Ability
Empath
The Courthouse

Ashley: Third time today - I'm getting used to it.

"The third time?! How is it that no one else is alarmed by her behavior?!"

He asked, as he helped her to her feet. It seemed to go so far beyond people just refusing to listen to him. Now it was a willful effort to ignore powered attacks against allies. And everybody had been upset when he'd punched Gabe??

"Are you hurt? Jake's gone, but I saw him with Recall and Tachyon."

He said, brushing her hair back from the burn on her face with concern. It looked like a particularly bad sunburn. It probably hurt really bad.

Ashley: I'll live. Are YOU okay?

He nodded, though truthfully, he didn't feel that great. Rose's pain was seeping into him, even though she was several feet away and directing her aggression towards Talisman, Zach was still starting to feel the effects. He activated his com-link and alerted Andrew and Rich to batten down the hatches at the Sanctuary.

Andrew: [via com] We're all fine, everything's fine here. How are you?

[via com] "Been better -- but we're winning.... Just keep those kids safe for us."

Rose's grief and loneliness weighed down on Zach, making it difficult to breathe, as that familiar sensation like heartburn filled his chest cavity. He rubbed the spot where his heart beat under his ribcage, and considered backing away, retreating, before this pain became too much to bear.

Ashley: I never thought I'd say this, but I prefer the old Black Queen. This new bitch needs to die. Maybe the two of them will kill each other.

"Well, I hope not... I mean, Dominique can be a bit haughty..."

His voice became a furious growl, as Rose's rage became the more dominant emotion.

"but she IS the reason I survived.... Persephone's attempt to murder me so...."

It was getting harder to talk. His vision had tunneled, his pulse was up, and he could feel the wrath of Rose overtaking him. Adrenaline flooded his system, dulling the aches he'd gotten from fighting, making him feel invincible. To some degree he almost was. Certainly he could take -- and dish out-- a lot more abuse when he was amped up like this. He balled his hands into fists but they still shook, and as he reached his capacity, the excess emotion began to vent from his skin like steam.

Rose: You. This is ALL. Your. FAULT. You're JUST LIKE them. You CAN'T BE trusted! You're JUST as judgmental, HATEFUL, FAKE, and PHONY ....you don't love ANYONE who is not apart of your SELFISH, OVER INDULGENT WAY OF LIFE!

"Get out of here, Ash..... Get everybody out now."

Rose: JAKE. WHERE IS HE!? You TOOK HIM!

"DON'T TELL HER!!!"

He shouted. Alycia tried to talk to Rose, but Zach knew it was to late for that. There gets to be a point where a person's anger is just too much to control, and they snap. Rose had reached that point, and now she was rampaging. They would not stop her with words. She attacked, and Isis tried to stand in the gap, but that didn't last long.

Zach's hands and forearms were starting to glow. There was a point when even he couldn't stand the fury. It felt like acid in his veins, threatening to eat him alive, scorching every cell in his body. Sweat rolled down his face, and his whole body trembled.

Rose: THERE WILL BE NO PEACE IN THIS WORLD! NOT AS LONG AS PEOPLE LIKE BLACK WIDOW WALK FREE, AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU! << ZACH ARMANI>> DEFEND AN ENABLE HER! MY CHILDREN WILL NEVER BE SAFE FROM WITHIN OR WITHOUT!

"IT IS CLEAR.... THAT YOU..... ARE THE DANGER..... YOUR CHILDREN..... ARE NOT SAFE WITH!!!"

Zach faced off with her. He opened his fists, and empathic energy flowed from his fingertips, distilling into large red spheres. He needed to expel this, and there was only one acceptable target: Rose.

Rose: EVERY NIGHT, MORE SOULS CRY, MORE WEAK AND MARGINALIZE ARE SNUFFED OUT, WHILE YOU WASTE TIME. BUT YOU CAST JUDGEMENT ON ME!? NOW YOU WILL KNOW WHAT FEAR MY CHILDREN FELT! WHAT PAIN THEY FELT....YOU WILL KNOW DESTRUCTION!

Zach had already known the pain, and the fear, and the grief of her children. He had known of hers as well. To his shame, he had been unable to withstand it, and because of that, Rose's emotional stability had been allowed to deteriorate. But now the situation was much different. Rose's primary emotion was anger, and it bolstered Zach to a great degree. And now, Rose was attacking them.

He was left with no choice. Rose MUST be stopped. She could NOT be allowed to run amok like this. She unleashed a shockwave of psycho energy. He stepped in front of Ashley and blocked it, staggering back, and then raising his hands. He released the first sphere with an overhand throw with his right, and began to advance on her. It had a concussive impact, and stunned Rose just enough to delay her next attack. He threw the other sphere, a sideways arc with his left hand, as more energy pooled in his right palm.

He threw again, and again, and again, as he moved in. Her own rage fueled him, and the closer he got, the more power was distilled into his spheres. It was a near constant volley, and it was only a fraction of what was flowing through him. Within a few steps of her now, his whole body seemed to glow. Whatever she threw at him was absorbed. Occasionally his step staggered, but he kept pushing through it. If he could just get his hands on her, he could create a feedback loop of fury, and knock her out.

Last edited:
Clara Oswald
Clara Oswald
Awesome!

Tachyon

Catch me if you can!!
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Xavier Winston, Jr.
Missions
Ability
Hyperspeed, Magic Tracking, Magic Immunity, Super Strength, Escapism
He then looked at the feed inside the courthouse hallway where Recall, Tachyon, and Jake were. He followed the multiple cameras down the different halls leading to the back parking lot. Everything was clear.

[via com link] "Recall, Tachyon: There's a clear path down the south hallway toward the back parking lot."

While relaying the info, Gabe remote hacked a Lexus like he did the other 'zombie' cars earlier while trying to block Nedry from taking Jake to Hellfire. The Lexus pulled up to the back exit of the courthouse.

[via com link] "A Lexus is on and waiting for you outside the exit if you need it."
Sanctuary it is then. Shall we?

Xavier exuded calm, almost joviality so as to keep the young man calm. He had been traumatized enough. As Vivica proceeded quickly but careful, holding Jake, Xavier resumed his duties as watch. And it was needed since the courthouse began to shake and things began to fall apart. Running up the side of the wall, Tachyon lept and knocked away a piece of the ceiling as it was coming down near the precious package. This continued on the way out of the courthouse as Xavier caught, knocked or tossed aside, or was hit by debris meant for the pair and managed to keep them spotless. They exited and he let them into the waiting car before having a seat in the driver' side. His forehead had a bleeding gash on it and his suit was ruined, in contrast to Vivica and Jake. He ignored his appearance and smiled at the pair.

Well, off we go!

Pulling away, he hit the com-link.

[com-link] Richard, come in. We need a pickup. Silver Lexus. Gabe can guide you in. I want this kid at the Sanctuary ASAP. DO you copy?

Matrix

Rising Star
Hellfire Club
Missions
Ability
Ultra-Omnimorph
Richard! Stay where you are! There's nothing more than you could do here!
Yeah, shit was getting hectic as hell. I helped the others get the kids inside to all take some rest while they watched. I excused myself and went outside to look around for myself.

Gabe. Lock the doors to the outside until I tell you to unlock them please. I will be remaining out here for now. And we have alterations to make to the panic room when we get out of this, you hear? I'll be in touch.

I was looking around the area , clearing my head, itching for something to do when the call came.

[com-link] Richard, come in. We need a pickup. Silver Lexus. Gabe can guide you in. I want this kid at the Sanctuary ASAP. DO you copy?
Yeah, just drive. I gotcha.

I jumped into the air, twirling and forming a bald eagle. immediately taking high altitude to look for the car. Once Gabe helped me find the car, I dropped down in front of it, forming a Sikorsky CH-53 Sea Stallion and opening my ramp just in time for them to ride smoothly inside before taking back off for the Sanctuary at 175 miles per hour. We would arrive quick as shit.

Black Widow
Black Widow
niiiiiice!

Oracle

The Eye in the Sky
The Six
Real Name
Elizabeth York
Missions
Ability
Genius, Hacker
The Courtroom

Rose was attacking Talisman and Steel had gone to help Isis when she heard Xavier's voice over the com.

[via com] Please advise. Return the little one to the Sanctuary or return to the scene?
[via com] "Get him out of here Tachyon."

Gabe confirmed the Sanctuary was still locked down, and assisted Recall and Tachyon out of the building with Jake. She chose not to think about the Lexus he'd just stolen for the purpose.

It almost looked like Talisman was going to be down for the count, when she got enough respite to escape through some sort of portal. Oracle breathed a sigh of relief, thinking the battle was over for now, but then she saw Rose turn towards them.

Rose was now hovering off the ground, her eyes glowing.

You're JUST LIKE them. You CAN'T BE trusted! You're JUST as judgemental, HATEFUL, FAKE, and PHONY ....you dont love ANYONE who is not apart of your SELFISH, OVER INDULGENT WAY OF LIFE!
Alycia pleaded with Rose, telling her that Jake was safe and Nedry stopped, but she wouldn't listen.

I SEE THE TRUTH! I SEE WHAT YOU ALL THINK OF ME, HOW MUCH BETTER THAN ME YOU THINK YOU ARE BECAUSE OF THE PETTY TRAPPINGS YOU SURROUND YOURSELF WITH, AND THE SOCIAL SONG AND DANCES YOU DO, AS IF ANY OF YOU SHALLOW, SELFISH CREATURES KNOW WHAT IT IS TO BE AN OUTCAST, TO BE MARGINALIZED, TO BE UNLOVED!?
Zizi raised her head to look into Rose's face, calling to her.

"We are ALL outcasts!"

But it made no difference, as Rose unleashed her attack on all of them. She found herself encompassed in a giant ball of energy, hitting her like a freight train, knocking her chair over and her to the ground, which was shaking violently. But she barely noticed any of that because the pain was so great. It was like her body was being torn apart from the inside AND outside. It was a pain greater than she had ever known, greater than when Black had broken her back. The very essence of her being was ripping apart.

Isis was shielding them, but Rose's power was so great it was all that was standing between them and death. And then the attack stopped, and she saw Isis collapse against Steel. Rose was crying.

"Steel...Silver Swan...Valkyrie...you have to get everyone out of here...the building's going to collapse..."

And then Rose attacked again, a white ring of energy expanding out from her. Zach was trying to fight her, but he couldn't stop her completely. The pain for her was total, and Zizi screamed.

Valkyrie

War
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Ashley Oldenburg
Missions
Ability
Ability to instill self-doubt, turmoil and intimidation
The Courthouse

Rose's attack nearly killed them, but luckily just threw them to the ground.

"The third time?! How is it that no one else is alarmed by her behavior?!"
"Because no one cares when it's only directed at us."

Zach helped her up, asking if she was okay. She said she preferred the old Black Queen, and hoped that the battle in front of them would end with both participants dead.

Zach said:
"Well, I hope not... I mean, Dominique can be a bit haughty...but she IS the reason I survived.... Persephone's attempt to murder me so...."
"I meant ROSE but hey, are you sure you're okay?"

It was clear he wasn't - his hands were shaking and balled into fists at his side. Talisman had run away like a coward, and Rose was coming back at them AGAIN with more bluster about how terrible they were...blah blah blah...but her eyes were locked on Zach who looked like he was about to explode.

Zach said:
"Get out of here, Ash...Get everybody out now."
She stepped backwards towards Zizi but kept her eyes on Zach, and Rose. Zach's hands were surrounded by red energy, and she could tell he was about to attack. She wasn't about to leave him to stand alone against her. Isis shielded them from her first attack, but when it ceased the feedback sent her to the ground. She climbed back onto her feet, the building shaking around them.

Rose said:
EVERY NIGHT, MORE SOULS CRY, MORE WEAK AND MARGINALIZE ARE SNUFFED OUT, WHILE YOU WASTE TIME. BUT YOU CAST JUDGEMENT ON ME!? NOW YOU WILL KNOW WHAT FEAR MY CHILDREN FELT! WHAT PAIN THEY FELT....YOU WILL KNOW DESTRUCTION!
Ashley stepped forward.

"*I* KNOW, you SELFISH BITCH! *I* brought the souls of those children to the other side. I KNOW THE PAIN THEY FELT. And YOU are just HURTING MORE INNOCENT PEOPLE! YOU'RE NO BETTER THAN THE PURIFIERS!"

Rose unleashed a ring of white energy emanating from her body. Before she could stop him Zach had stepped in front of her, taking the brunt of the impact. Zach was attacking, throwing spheres of red empathic energy at Rose.

Ashley threw her arms out to the side, her eyes turning onyx. Winds swirled around her as she began calling souls to her to stand against Rose, to shield them from her. The pain was excruciating, but she had known pain before, had known THIS pain before. She heard Zizi scream...but they HAD to stop Rose, here and now, or they'd all be dead.

Black Widow
Black Widow
Oh SHIT is getting real!

Steel

Mutant Policeman
Birds of Prey
Real Name
John Steele
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Body tranforms into organic steel
The Courtroom

Isis took his offered hand and allowed him to help her to her feet.

I am shaken...but I'll settle. I wasn't EXPECTING that from Rose!
He glanced at where Rose was grappling with Talisman.

"I don't think any of us were."

Talisman escaped, but instead of going after or, or it being over, Rose turned towards them, murder in her glowing eyes. Isis warned Alycia not to get any closer.

"Now what do we do?"

They'd all seen what Rose had done to Ashley earlier, if she chose to attack all of them...

Rose was blaming THEM, but at this point, Steel wasn't sure for what.

"We've won here..."

Alycia tried talking sense into Rose, telling her that Jake was safe, Nedry dead, but she wasn't listening. She only wanted to HURT. The room shook violently as Rose unleashed her attack. Isis, in front of him, raised her hands and it seemed began to shield them from the attack. But he could still feel Rose, in the inner recesses of his mind, his soul. It was obvious that Isis was all that was standing between Rose and them.

Finally, Rose relented, and Isis collapsed. Steel caught her, cradling her protectively.

"Steel...Silver Swan...Valkyrie...you have to get everyone out of here...the building's going to collapse..."
"I've got Isis."

He was preparing to pick her up, but Rose wasn't finished. Zach went toe to toe with her, but he couldn't prevent her unleashing another powerful attack. He tried to shield Isis, but he was forced to his knees, the pain in his head incredible, even in his metallic form.

Cypher

Access Denied
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Gabriel Jerome
Missions
Ability
Cybernetic Mutant/Omnilingual Translation
Tachyon: [com-link] Richard, come in. We need a pickup. Silver Lexus. Gabe can guide you in. I want this kid at the Sanctuary ASAP. DO you copy?

[com-link] "I got him covered. The roads are still cleared from the accidents I caused earlier. Head down 7th street, X."

Rich: [com-link] Gabe. Lock the doors to the outside until I tell you to unlock them please. I will be remaining out here for now. And we have alterations to make to the panic room when we get out of this, you hear? I'll be in touch.

Gabe locked down the doors, keeping a live feed up of the outside of the door.

[com-link] "It's locked down."

Gabe looked back at the video feed of the courtroom just as Talisman disappeared and Rose unleashed her fury onto the Birds. He watched in horror as she unleashed an attack that took out EVERYONE including Zizi. Her chair was knocked over and she was on the ground, crying out in pain.

[com-link to Oracle] "LIZ! LIZ!"

Isis tried her best to protect the others, fighting off Rose's attack until finally the woman began to cry. But she only faltered momentarily before unleashing yet ANOTHER attack. Isis couldn't stop it, she was too weak from her last attempt. Orion was now trying to prevent her from hurting everyone--Valkyrie stepping in as well. But all he could focus on was Zizi screaming in agony causing him to slam his hands down on the desk and stand up, leaning in closer to the monitor.

[com-link] "Get Oracle out of there goddamnit! She's not a fucking SUPER!"

He shouted with frustration and panic. EVERYONE was in danger, he was clearly aware of that. But they had an advantage--they were superhuman, magickal, fucking Asgardian valkyries for Christ sakes. Zizi was tough and knew how to handle her shit, but she couldn't PHYSICALLY handle this. She couldn't last much longer.

"FUCK!"

He yelled to himself, his panicked eyes watching in horror as the scene continued to unfold. He literally could do nothing--NOTHING but watch.

Seer

The Watcher
Residence
every place
Missions
The Courthouse

He threw again, and again, and again, as he moved in.
<< Each red ball collied with Rose's form, but also gave the briefest glimpse of a hint of something ELSE that surrounded her that writhed and ROARED with each HIT from Orion's attacks.>>

<< The MONSTROUS psychic form of the Unloved, the terrifying psionic creature that had driven Rose's ORIGINAL family- which was part of a doomsday cult- to slaughter themselves, it continued to stalk her for her power, and THEN killed her adoptive family. Rose had faced the creature in combat and defeated him, but at GREAT cost, not only destroying her home and much of the land it sat on, but also to herself.>>

<< FLASH!>>

<< The CHAINS of purple soul power that were breaking, as Rose lost herself in grief, rage and madness, were her OWN psyhic "circuit breakers." She had ABSORBED the Unloved and LOCKED HIM AWAY with her own power, so that no one else would EVER be endangered. It was the beginning of a life long pattern of self sacrifice, one born from a need to see the people she cared for be allowed to LIVE. But the Purifiers and Black Widow had proven that even this would not be enough, and people like Zach had proven that trust was a losing game. >>
<< Rose had ENOUGH, and LET GO, the chains were BROKEN, and now the Unloved took over, flowing through her, all around her, and her soul power climaxed into PSYCHO POWER, that psychic and physically CRUSHING expression of her power unchecked!>>

<< Orion sought to trap her in a chaotic feedback, thinking he could knock her out. He didn't know that his efforts, logical and valiant as they were, would not succeed. It was like trying to drown an OCEAN.>>

<< And as he REACHED her, she reached out with her hands and GRABBED his wrists...now applying the same terrifying strength that she had applied to Valkyrie, and he could see the flickering visage of the Unloved over her face, which was enshrouded in shadow. >>

Rose/Unloved: I AM NOT RAGE, LITTLE ONE, I AM THE VOID THAT SWALLOWS HOPE AND DIRECTION. I AM THE ABSENCE OF LOVE AND ALL THAT COMES FROM IT. I AM WITHOUT LIMIT, AND I CONSUME WITHOUT RESTRAINT! WITH EVERY LOSS, EVERY ACT OF BETRAYAL AND JUDGEMENT THAT ROSE ENDURED, THE BINDS SHE'D PLACED ON ME WERE WEAKENED. NOW, AT LONG LAST, I AM FREE! THROUGH THIS WOMAN, AND THIS BODY, I WILL DESTROY ALL THAT I SEE! YOU. ARE. NOT. READY.

<< Rose's psycho power begins to HAMMER through Zach's body, while the Unloved begins to CONSUME his soul, and Valkyrie is FORCED to watch! >>

<< A baseline human would have been dead in seconds. Most non-psychic mutants would have died an agonizing death in MINUTES, but Orion's body was bolstered by the empathic energy he'd absorbed, and his own adrenaline. Still, HE would reach his limit, and his body would be CRUSHED, and his soul would be consumed >>

Ashley threw her arms out to the side, her eyes turning onyx. Winds swirled around her as she began calling souls to her to stand against Rose, to shield them from her. The pain was excruciating, but she had known pain before, had known THIS pain before. She heard Zizi scream...but they HAD to stop Rose, here and now, or they'd all be dead.

Rose/The Unloved: FOOL! You may as well be calling the choir to sing a song of your own DESTRUCTION!

<< Valkyrie had at least bought herself, and the reads of the "Birds" some TIME. As the flurry of souls offered a BUFFER between the rest of the Birds, and Rose's psycho power, but this was a TERRIBLE risk on Valkyrie's part. If Rose wanted to, she could conduct the souls AWAY from Valkyrie with her own power, adding that strength to her own, and annihilating Valkyrie in the process! >>

<< Time that was fast running OUT for Orion, and the courthouse around them all, as it was being destroyed down to its foundation by Rose's psycho "ring" of force!>>

<< And as a helpless Gabe watched in horror, and Recall and Tachyon began to wonder if their team was LOST as the began to see Rose's psycho power signature EXPLODE from various parts of the courthouse, a CURIOUS thing happened. >>

Harbinger

Seer
The Six
Real Name
Alison Marble
Residence
Minerva&#039;s Mansion in Greece
Missions
Ability
Precognition, Magick, Telekinesis
The Courthouse

:: Orion is nearly lost. Cells in his body explode, his skull is about to crack, and his brain will implode, while he's rapidly loosing all sense of self as Rose DRAINS him of his soul::

:: The court house is coming apart, its foundation is cracking, the outside around the building is trembling as if gripped by a powerful earthquake, and PANIC is sweeping the streets, as Recall and Tachyon are helpless to get back inside!::

:: All is nearly LOST!::

<< And as a helpless Gabe watched in horror, and Recall and Tachyon began to wonder if their team was LOST as the began to see Rose's psycho power signature EXPLODE from various parts of the courthouse, a CURIOUS thing happened. >>
ORION!

:: Orion is TELEBLINKED from Rose's grasp, and reappears before the form the newly arrived Harbinger! He falls into the arms of Shadow Weaver! Both witches appear in their latest costumes, and look very stern. ::

:: Harbinger stands, with her Time Staff in hand, and the garnet jewel in the crown of the time staff begins to hum and glow, buillding in intensity, until...::

HALT!

:: And as the keeper of time commands, there is a CRASH, and the mournful toll of tower bell is heard as TIME STOPS::

Seer said:
<< all objects, all energy projections, all individuals and movement is SUSPENDED as Harbinger has cast a MASSIVE temporal stasis field around the entire courthouse!>>
:: The sound of chaos that raged moments before, is now fading.::

Shadow Weaver, is he [ Orion]....

Shadow Weaver: He's still ALIVE, but only JUST, Harbinger. Your timing was...RIGHT. I have him now...and I'm restoring him, reversing the physical damage. Luckily for HIM, he was EXPELLING all the NEGATIVITY he had stored. He wasn't hurting HER, so much as he was FREEING himself.

Harbinger: He didn't know that. He was trying to save them. But he would have FAILED.

:: Harbinger surveyed the others, as Shadow Weaver restored Orion.::

Shadow Weaver: His BODY is restored, but he is STILL in the clutches of the conflict with Rose/the Unloved on the astral plane.

<< Karen casts a pentagram of protection around him, one that only she or Harbinger can breach>>

Harbinger: Don't worry.... See to the others....

:: She walks over to Rose, and studies her as Shadow Weaver begins checking/healing others, beginning with Isis, and then Oracle::

Harbinger: We'll need THAT one!

:: pointing at Rae.::

Shadow Weaver: Of course

:: The doctor said this in an odd sort of way...::

Harbinger: When they're ready...I'll unfreeze them. :: She looks at Karen:: But I won't tolerate any interference.

:: Shadow Weaver holds her hands up just sllightly, as she looks over Oracle, after healing her, and with a SNAP of her fingers, a flash of white light, and a chime sounds off, and Oracle is returned to her chair, in an upright position. ::

Shadow Weaver: Ready, Harbinger.

:: Harbinger gestures with her other hand, and a rushing sound is heard...followed by a flash of light.::

:: The Birds of Prey are ALIVE, conscious, and whole, and all standing together.::

:: Harbinger and Shadow Weaver stand before them, with Rose behind the two serious looking witches::

:: All around them, the Birds see evidence of some kind of time distortion, objects, even energy projection, FROZEN in time.::

Harbinger: Greetings, Oracle.

Shadow Weaver: You had a very close call.

Harbinger: One that you would NOT have survived, and one that you need HELP to deal with in a fair and equitable manner.

Shadow Weaver: You helped me, now we are here to return the favor. Alison and I have known Zach for quite some time. And I have worked with Rose in helping her children try to cope with the aftermath of the purifiers attack. She was able to HIDE her OWN distress and NEED for care, even from ME.

Harbinger: But the disturbance grew to such a degree, that I sensed, and "SAW" this moment with my own precognition. You. << pointing at Rae>> you're needed.

<< Rae is TELEBLINKED from where she's standing, over to the witches side.>>

Harbinger: The danger is not over. PHYSICALLY, you're all ALIVE, and I've stopped time all around us. But the conflict still rages on the Astral plane, a place where NONE of you, save Rae Reynolds, and Isis, are qualified to assist. The TRUE enemy is not Rose, but rather the psionic entity that has been stalking her since shortly after she was born, the UNLOVED. She faced it once before, and defeated it, but finding that she could not KILL it, she resorted to imprisoning it DEEP within HER OWN being with her SOUL POWER, so that no one else would EVER face the kind of fear, the pain, and LOSS that it brought to HER. But from that moment, up till recent events, that burden has required her to tap into her PSYCHO power, and the binds have grown weaker with each loss, each setback, each time she was judged, mistreated, abused, betrayed. The Hellfire Club's campaign of harrassment, Black Widow's attack on her sanctuary, and the near death of Jake, Zach's neglect, and this attempt to seperate her children from her...all of these things pushed her over the edge.

Shadow Weaver: Harbinger, myself, and Rae will go to the astral plane, to save Orion, and EXORCISE the Unloved from Rose's being.

Harbinger: Isis, your help would be valuable, but you're needed HERE in the physical realm. The Unloved has added Rose's soul AND psycho power to it's repertoire and now has the SAME command of the astral plane's power as SHE does. IF we fail, ISIS, you are now restored, and you must use your magicks get your team OUT of here. I've already contacted Spellbinder , Prophet, and Rampage, and they will be READY to step in...pick up where WE left off...IF it comes to that.

Oracle

The Eye in the Sky
The Six
Real Name
Elizabeth York
Missions
Ability
Genius, Hacker
The Courthouse

The pain wasn't just in her body, it was in her mind, her SOUL too. Vaguely from where she lay on the floor, she could hear a voice.

[com-link to Oracle] "LIZ! LIZ!"
"Gabriel..."

She was too weak even to scream anymore. Or think. There was only the pain.

And then she saw a receding light, like the sky just after a lightning flash, or as if someone had just taken a picture with one of those old time flash bulbs. The pain was gone, and she was in her chair again, sitting in the courtroom.

Was it a dream...or an illusion?

Some trick of the Red and White Queens, perhaps? But no...debris was frozen in mid air around them, Rose's own white energy stopped in its progress. As if time had stopped. But she could move, see, think.

She blinked, and Shadow Weaver and Harbinger came into focus in her field of vision.

Harbinger: Greetings, Oracle.
"Karen...Alison...what's going on?"

Harbinger said:
Shadow Weaver: You had a very close call.

Harbinger:
One that you would NOT have survived, and one that you need HELP to deal with in a fair and equitable manner.

Shadow Weaver: You helped me, now we are here to return the favor. Alison and I have known Zach for quite some time. And I have worked with Rose in helping her children try to cope with the aftermath of the purifiers attack. She was able to HIDE her OWN distress and NEED for care, even from ME.
"And now she is killing us."

It wasn't an accusation, but a statement of fact.

Harbinger said:
Harbinger: But the disturbance grew to such a degree, that I sensed, and "SAW" this moment with my own precognition. You. << pointing at Rae>> you're needed.
If the witches were in need of Rae, that meant...

She looked over to Zach. He alone was not upright and conscious, which meant Rose still had him in her clutches, on her playing field.

"Can you save him?"

Harbinger said:
The danger is not over. PHYSICALLY, you're all ALIVE, and I've stopped time all around us. But the conflict still rages on the Astral plane, a place where NONE of you, save Rae Reynolds, and Isis, are qualified to assist. The TRUE enemy is not Rose, but rather the psionic entity that has been stalking her since shortly after she was born, the UNLOVED.
That did a lot to explain the dichotomy between the women she and Gabe had met at the Sanctuary and the one who had nearly killed them, and still might.

Shadow Weaver said:
Harbinger, myself, and Rae will go to the astral plane, to save Orion, and EXORCISE the Unloved from Rose's being.
Oracle nodded.

"Save them both. We will do what we can, here - for as long as we can."

She looked to Isis and Sharon, then back to the witches in front of her.

"Godspeed."

Valkyrie

War
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Ashley Oldenburg
Missions
Ability
Ability to instill self-doubt, turmoil and intimidation
The Courthouse

Ashley could see Rose's power hammering Zach. He held on, until rose GRABBED him by the wrists, and then it was clear that he wouldn't last long.

She called the souls of the dead to her, and Rose chose to underestimate her.

Rose/The Unloved: FOOL! You may as well be calling the choir to sing a song of your own DESTRUCTION!
"Bite me. Souls are MY domain, Barney."

She pushed them forward, putting them between Rose and Zach, as well as the others. These were angry souls, killed by Rose in her fury, and they were not on her side. The building was coming down around them, but Valkyrie could not waver. She wanted to fall, to crumble to the ground, but she couldn't. She had to stand against Rose, keep her promise to protect Zach...but she could feel the pain, feel her mind going, her body dying...

And then like the turning of a page the pain was gone, and she was standing next to Zizi.

"What the fuck?"

Confused, her hands felt her own body, then her face, finding her wounds gone. She had been healed. It occurred to her to be surprised that Isis had bothered. Or maybe it all hadn't been real?

"Did we do a bunch of drugs?"

Things were suspended mid air around them. And then she noticed two people who hadn't been there before, Karen Victoria - oh joy - and...

"Harbinger, what-"

But then her eyes saw the form lying on the ground to the side of the witches.

"NO!"

She rushed to where Zach lay but just as she was about to reach him she ran into something hard. There was a barrier of some sort. She beat her hands against it, manic, before dropping to her knees, tears falling.

"ZACH!"

Her head snapped around towards the group, to Isis, Harbinger.

"What are you waiting for, HEAL HIM!"

Oracle: "Steel..."

John reached down to help her up but she hit his hands away. She was on all fours, as close to Zach as she could get, watching him.

"Please don't die...please don't die..."

She kept repeating it over and over like the words had some power to make it so. They were talking behind her, about how Rose was misunderstood and how it was all some demon or something that was doing this. Bull shit. Rose had taken out her own feelings of failure on ZACH, and now he was going to DIE.

No he can't die...he can't...

Shadow Weaver said:
Harbinger, myself, and Rae will go to the astral plane, to save Orion, and EXORCISE the Unloved from Rose's being.
"No," she said coldly, not taking her eyes of Zach's inert form.

"You KILL her. You save Zach, and YOU KILL THE BITCH THAT DID THIS."

Steel shushed her, was kneeling beside her, but she wasn't listening to the things he said.

If Zach dies, she won't be able to run far enough...if Zach dies that Sanctuary won't be able to keep her safe...

She looked into Zach's face.

I promise you, I will make her dead or die trying...

Steel

Mutant Policeman
Birds of Prey
Real Name
John Steele
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Body tranforms into organic steel
The Courtroom

Steel was trying to protect Isis but there didn't seem to be anything he could do. Rose's attack was pervasive and unrelenting.

[com-link] "Get Oracle out of there goddamnit! She's not a fucking SUPER!"
He couldn't get to her, but maybe...

"Sharon-" he rasped, collapsing to the floor.

And then in the blink of an eye he was standing again and with everyone else. He looked around him. Everyone seemed okay...everyone but Zach, who wasn't moving. His eyes slid to Ashley, who had just noticed that Zach wasn't standing with them, a wail coming out of her throat as she rushed to his side.

He remembered Harbinger from the Purifiers battle, and Karen from their recent excursion into the Citadel. He nodded to them. They explained that they had frozen time, and Rose, and that there was an evil being inside Rose that was causing all of this. Despite the circumstances, he looked around himself in wonder at the idea that time had been stopped, objects frozen in mid air. His eyes found Ashley again, on the floor, distraught, angrily asking why Zach hadn't been healed.

Oracle said:
"Steel..."
He went to where she was and knelt beside her, putting his hand on her waist and arm as if to help her up, but she swatted at him, pushing him away from her. Harbinger explained that while Zach's body might be healed, his soul was still in peril - and they were ALL in danger if the witches could not stop the thing inside Rose.

"You KILL her. You save Zach, and YOU KILL THE BITCH THAT DID THIS."
"Shhh...Ashley...let them be, let them help Zach..."

He turned, and spoke solemnly to Harbinger, Rae and Shadow Weaver.

"Please save him."

He leaned in close and whispered soothingly to Ashley, words of encouragement, rubbing her back then resting his hands on her shoulders - the only comfort he could give her.

Status
Not open for further replies.