Alison Marble
Residence
Minerva's Mansion in Greece
Missions
Ability
Precognition, Magick, Telekinesis
Turn back time

:: She smirked at Harbinger. ::

"We goin' to your place? I can't wait to see what kind of dark twisted gothic sexy den YOU live in, witchy poo!"

:: Laughing. ::

"You got cable?"
:: She looked at Rae. If Alison could've had a big sister or "cool aunt", Rae might have been it for her.::

:: It was amusing, asking a precog, if she had cable::

With the things I see, I don't even NEED to watch to TV.

But don't worry, you won't be bored.

----------------------

:: Down to Business::

:: the sound of a clock ticking at accelerated speed can be heard, followed by the mournful toll of a bell::

:: The garnet jewel in Harbinger's time staff glows, and ACTIVATES, channeling and focing Harbinger's telekinetic and temporal powers, along with her force of will!::

:: The building, all it's objects and fixtures, along with the space in and around the building's exterior begins to move in REVERSE::

:: There's an odd sound that is heard as well, as everything is in the process of reversing.::

:: At the same time, the spell that Harbinger and Shadow Weaver cast together, selectively REMOVES certain things/people, ensuring that ONLY those inside this courtroom, along with the rest of the Birds of Prey, will remember what has occurred.::

:: Dennis Nedry is no more, and Rose is no longer in danger from the state, or from WITHIN. ::

:: The Spell, and Harbinger's time warp run their course. Everything is the way it was supposed to be, once more.::

"Thank you, Alison. And you, Karen, Rae. For everything. We are in your debt."
The scales will move this way and that, just as surely as the hands on the celestial clock continue to turn. You serve a purpose, Oracle, you and your team, and I came here today to make sure you lived to carry out your purpose and destiny.

:: She looks at Ashley and Zach::

Rae is right. Like it or not, Rose IS apart of your tapestry, and she will return when the time is right. She deserves the chance to live her life FREE of the burden she carried for so long, just as you now seek to enjoy a love you never thought possible, Ashley.

A storm is coming for all of you. You would do well to heed Rae's words, and be good to each other. The time that you WASTE on drawing lines, and reinforcing walls between you, is that much more energy given to the darkness that will soon surround you. If you can't SEE each other the way you deserve to be seen, you WON'T see your way out of that darkness, and some of you will NOT live through that.

:: And to Zach::

TWICE now, you've been saved. THINK about what you're doing, and be HONEST with yourself from here on.

The past will not be forgotten, nor does it become irrelevant because of the present. It MUST be dealt with, and if you don't get yourself together, you will be MOVED ASIDE to make room for those who CAN...and WILL deal with it...

:: Looking at him in a way that he hadn't seen for some time.::

with HER.

:: He knew who she was referring to. This was not a threat, a WARNING for him, for ALL of them.::

Dominique, Alycia, Sharon.

:: Alison and Karen both acknowledge their friends, and finally, she rests her gaze upon Oracle::

Until we meet again, Oracle.

I wish I could say that it will be under more pleasant circumstances...but it won't be.

:: And with that...a portal opens, and Harbinger turns, carrying Rose in her arms, passing through the portal, along with Shadow Weaver and Jezebel. ::

:: As their forms vanish within the dark blue glowing, spinning portal, it soon SNAPS close, leaving the rest of them standing there in the restored, and silent courthouse::

Arsenal

Karen's Manmeat
The Six
Real Name
Michael Armstrong
Missions
Ability
Baseline Max Human Ability
:: And with that...a portal opens, and Harbinger turns, carrying Rose in her arms, passing through the portal, along with Shadow Weaver and Jezebel. ::

:: As their forms vanish within the dark blue glowing, spinning portal, it soon SNAPS close, leaving the rest of them standing there in the restored, and silent courthouse::
The portal opens and Mike is there to greet them. He has been waiting for them since they left. Nodding to them all, he relieves Alison of her package and goes to place her on a bed to rest. He makes eye contact with Rae and smiles.

Good to have you all back. And welcome, ma'am. I am Mike Armstrong, head of security. If you need anything just let me know.

Mike turns and lays Rose down gently and then turns back to face the women, winking at Rae...

Valkyrie

War
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Ashley Oldenburg
Missions
Ability
Ability to instill self-doubt, turmoil and intimidation
The Courtroom

Alison waved her gigantic staff thing in the air (overcompensation anyone?) and fixed the building, which admittedly, was pretty fucking awesome to see. Ashley wondered vaguely how often Alison used that time freeze thing for “personal reasons”.

Rae is right. Like it or not, Rose IS apart of your tapestry, and she will return when the time is right. She deserves the chance to live her life FREE of the burden she carried for so long, just as you now seek to enjoy a love you never thought possible, Ashley.
Ashley looked at her, then up at Zach, then away. It was true, she hadn’t thought she would ever have this. And it scared the shit out of her. For just a second, she thought that having that thing out of her after all that time, probably scared the shit out of Rose too. But they couldn’t ask her to overlook the potential danger. She wasn’t stupid. And she would be ready.

Harbinger said:
A storm is coming for all of you. You would do well to heed Rae's words, and be good to each other. The time that you WASTE on drawing lines, and reinforcing walls between you, is that much more energy given to the darkness that will soon surround you. If you can't SEE each other the way you deserve to be seen, you WON'T see your way out of that darkness, and some of you will NOT live through that.
Ashley’s eyes flicked to Alycia, then rested on Sharon for a moment before looking away.

TWICE now, you've been saved. THINK about what you're doing, and be HONEST with yourself from here on. The past will not be forgotten, nor does it become irrelevant because of the present. It MUST be dealt with, and if you don't get yourself together, you will be MOVED ASIDE to make room for those who CAN...and WILL deal with it...with HER.
Ashley rubbed Zach’s back. He had taken a beating, both physically and mentally, over the past several days. She of all people knew how that could take its toll, especially on someone like him.

Alison, Karen, Rae and Rose went through a portal, disappearing from sight off to wherever it was Alison lived when she wasn’t doing magick stuff.

“Well, that sucked.”

Ashley sighed out a long breath.

“You know, I was just thinking, ‘I really don’t have enough warnings of impending doom in my life.’”

Ashley turned to face Zach, tilting her head up to kiss his cheek, before pushing off his chest with her hands and turning towards Steel. She walked up to him and stuck her hand in his jacket pocket, pulling out his car keys.

“Yoink!”

She turned and jangled the keys in front of Zach. She glanced back over her shoulder at Steel.

“Don’t worry, Dad, I’ll bring it back.”

Oracle

The Eye in the Sky
The Six
Real Name
Elizabeth York
Missions
Ability
Genius, Hacker
The Courtroom

Zizi was in awe of Harbinger, as she used her Time Staff to turn back time and set everything to rights. For someone who didn't have any super powers, seeing people who did in action like this was an amazing experience - each time just as fantastic as the last.

Nedry was still dead. Oracle didn't like killing, as a rule. She would always rather see the bad guys brought to justice. Nedry was despicable, and Rose did not deserve to have the life of someone like him on her conscience. But she had meant what she said to Ashley: everyone deserved a chance, and she intended to make sure Rose got that, the same way she made sure Ashley got hers.

Harbinger left them with some words of advice - which even Ashley seemed to listen to, or at least, not complain about - and a warning.

You serve a purpose, Oracle, you and your team, and I came here today to make sure you lived to carry out your purpose and destiny.
Zizi smiled at her, her eyes moving over the team.

"Oh, I always knew they had a purpose."

Harbinger said:
These words brought a shiver to Oracle's spine. She SAW the teams potential, but if they couldn't come together, if SHE couldn't bring them together...

Harbinger said:
Until we meet again, Oracle.
"It was good to see you, Harbinger."

And then Harbinger, Shadow Weaver, Jezebel and an unconscious Rose made their way through a portal and the rest of them were left standing in the courtroom.

“Well, that sucked. You know, I was just thinking, ‘I really don’t have enough warnings of impending doom in my life.’”
"Forewarned in forearmed. At least we have time to do something about it."

Ashley and Zach ducked out, taking Steel's SUV. Isis kindly offered to transport the others back to the Clocktower, and Zizi gratefully accepted. Isis herself and Sharon would be going to the Sanctuary. She found herself in that amazing column of light once more, and then was in the elevator bay on her floor of the Clocktower. She opened the door, and wheeled herself inside. Gabe was still sitting at the console monitoring the Sanctuary.

"Gabe?"

Steel

Mutant Policeman
Birds of Prey
Real Name
John Steele
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Body tranforms into organic steel
The Courtroom

He did what he could for Ashley, whiled they waited to see if Harbinger, Shadow Weaver and Rae would be able to save Zach and Rose. In some ways, he was amazed that Ashley cared about anything at all: in the years he had known her, she had never had anything in her life that she valued. And here she was, caring about someone else. Hurting because they were hurt. It was hard, even though she was going through such pain, to not see it as something positive. As long as they saved Zach.

They waited what seemed like an eternity, and then the two witches and Rae reappeared, with an unconscious Rose. Zach began to wake up. Steel loosened his tie with a sigh of relief. Karen examined Rose then Zach, and Harbinger explained what had happened. That Rose had had some evil entity inside her, which was no more. Ashley wasn't buying it, but to him, it sounded logical. Someone who had dedicated their lives to helping children like that? He didn't peg them for a murderer.

Finally Harbinger told them that she was going to turn back time.

Oracle, the last thing we need to do, is fix THIS. I will use my temporal and telekinetic power, backed by a spell that Shadow Weaver and I will cast, to TURN BACK time, and REVERSE the damage to this building, set everything right. ONLY the people in this room will REMEMBER what has occurred. No one else outside of this room, or this building will remember. As a COURTESY, I will extend the benefit of that provision to the rest of your team, and Gabriel Jerome.
He looked at her incredulously.

"We're not going to cover all this up?"

Harbinger said:
Yes, we ARE covering this up, and that is for the best.
"We can't just let them get away with what they did."

Harbinger said:
This entire scenario was a set up, a PLOY of the Hellfire Club's Inner Circle to push Rose over the edge and to separate her from her children. Some of you unwittingly AIDED in that effort, but what's done is done, and Some things do not NEED an outside mortal audience and I'm sure you can understand that.
He did, but he still didn't like it. But assurances that Nedry would in fact stay dead, and that Hellfire would get its payback, silenced his tongue from further objection. The deed was done, and the building looked as if nothing had happened. The witches, Rae and Rose took their leave, and so did Ashley and Zach, and his Navigator. But he didn't have the energy to argue with her.

He let out a long sigh.

"Always the bridesmaid, never the bride..."

Isis transported them back to the Clocktower, and Steel took his leave of Zizi and the others, heading down to the guest room where he was staying. Might as well enjoy some peace and quiet before Andrew returned to bug him about something or other.

He reflected on all the crazy shit that had happened that day. The lines between friend and foe were so blurry, it was hard to see who to trust. They had tried to help Rose, and almost died for it - but they had helped her in the end, with the help of some powerful new allies. And surely that was what was important. But there was still so much to do. And there was so much this team could do, when they worked together.

But how close they had come again to losing one of them - it only served to reinforce his conviction that they needed to do something, and now. They couldn't keep waiting for one of their number to die. It was time to end this, before the clouds that were forming even had a chance to become a storm.

Cypher

Access Denied
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Gabriel Jerome
Missions
Ability
Cybernetic Mutant/Omnilingual Translation
Gabe didn't know what the hell had happened in the courthouse, or how it all ended up being okay, all he knew was that Zizi was alive, the Birds were alive, and all was right again this little multiverse. Gabe's eyes shifted over to the live feed outside of Hellfire, his blood running cold at the realization that yes, everything had turned out for the better THIS time. But what about NEXT time? The Hellfire Club was far from done, and he knew it was only a matter of time before they struck again. And if they were willing to target CHILDREN, nothing was off limits.

Despite the courthouse feed still being frozen, he kept it up on the screen as he monitored the Sanctuary. But a small flicker caught his eyes causing him to look over to the feed. The last images were horrifying with Rose attacking the birds, but now? It was as if NOTHING had happened. The courtroom was empty--the courthouse was completely in tact. His brows furrowed, unsure of what the fuck just happened. But then, it all didn't matter as soon as he heard her voice.

Zizi: "Gabe?"

He quickly turned around seeing Zizi appear in the door way. Without missing a beat he immediately got out of his chair and moved over to her, wrapping his arms around her and lifting her from her chair.

"Thank God."

With his arms tightly wrapped around her waist, he clung to her as he stood upright; his face bearing into her hair.

"I thought I lost you...."

He whispered, gently kissing her neck, then her cheek, and finally her mouth; holding their kiss for long moment. Finally, he pulled away enough to speak, only enough. He wasn't about to let her go.

"Don't ever do that to me again? You hear me? Don't you do that to me again."

He had almost lost her once before during her days in Valiant. And today, he thought he lost her again. There wouldn't be a third.

"Your my heart, kid. I love you so damn much."

He rasped, trying to keep his cool despite being overwhelmed with emotions. His voice gave it away, so he decided to not talk and just kiss her again. Once wasn't enough. Not by a long shot.

Oracle

The Eye in the Sky
The Six
Real Name
Elizabeth York
Missions
Ability
Genius, Hacker
The Clocktower

There was a flutter in her chest as she watched him coming towards her, and she put her arms around him as he leaned down to embrace her. He surprised her by picking up the whole way out of her chair, hugging her tight. She closed her eyes, resting her head on his shoulder.

"Thank God. I thought I lost you...."
"Never."

She smiled as she felt his lips on her neck and then cheek.

"I'm sorry you were worried."

When they kissed, she still got that sensation of fireworks, and his arms around her made her feel safe and warm.

Gabe said:
"Don't ever do that to me again? You hear me? Don't you do that to me again."
She smiled, looking into his eyes.

"Oh you're not going to get rid of me that easily. I waited too long for you."

She moved her hand to massage the back of his neck.

Gabe said:
"Your my heart, kid. I love you so damn much."
"I love you too."

She scratched the stubble on his chin with her index finger, and he leaned in to kiss her again. When they parted she gave a little sigh and smiled again.

"You did really good today. Maybe next time we can do it together."

She closed her eyes and shook her head.

"I meant the tech stuff."

She kissed his cheek, then looked over his shoulder.

"Did we lose anything equipment in that lightning strike?"

Orion

Ambassador
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Zachary Armani
Missions
Ability
Empath
The Courthouse

Zach tried to assure Ash that Rose would be less homicidal when she got back from her Aerie vacation.

Ashley: Yeah, until she's not.

Well, she had a point. There did exist a certain amount of risk that Rose, or any of them really, could become aggressive and wreak havok. Zizi countered:

Zizi: Everyone deserves a chance to be helped, Ashley. Now that the Unloved is out of her life, we can get to know Rose as she really is.

Ashley: I bet she's still a bitch.

Zach stifled a laugh.

"Actually, she used to be a really nice lady before she went all Regan Macneil on us."

They briefly discussed how they'd cover the Sanctuary in Rose's absence. It was decided that Isis and Sharon were the best candidates to substitute.

Zizi: I don't think we want to leave it to Rich and Andrew, bless their hearts.

Ashley: Who are the children in that scenario? Those kids probably have them bound and gagged by now.

That suggestion brought an amused smile to Zach's lips, which lingered there until Alison turned to him with a gravely serious expression.

Alison: TWICE now, you've been saved. THINK about what you're doing, and be HONEST with yourself from here on.

"Oh.... kay."

He responded carefully. Alison had this way of being vaguely foreboding when she gave advice. Often-times Zach had asked Haleigh for a translation afterwards.

Alison: The past will not be forgotten, nor does it become irrelevant because of the present. It MUST be dealt with, and if you don't get yourself together, you will be MOVED ASIDE to make room for those who CAN...and WILL deal with it... with HER.

One of Zach's eyebrows lifted. Was she saying that Haleigh's past with the Six would not be forgotten, and that it wasn't irrelevant just because she was now at Hellfire? Was Alison on board with Morgan's plan? As a precog, she HAD to know what it was. OR.... was she opposed to Morgan's plan, and that's why she was saying that it needed to be 'dealt with'? Before he could ask, she was gone.

Ashley: Well, that sucked. You know, I was just thinking, ‘I really don’t have enough warnings of impending doom in my life.’

"You get used to that after a couple of years. With the Six, it's always constant impending doom. It's a wonder they haven't all gone completely insane by now."

Ash kissed his cheek and then smoothly stole John's keys, making a Dad joke. Zach smiled and patted John's back as he followed Ashley out.

"I'll keep her out of trouble. We'll just stop by the Sanctuary to check on Jake."

Cypher

Access Denied
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Gabriel Jerome
Missions
Ability
Zizi: "Never. I'm sorry you were worried."

"That doesn't matter now."

He said still holding her. It just felt good to feel her instead of see her on a monitor. Tangible and without a doubt that she was okay. He told her not to scare him like that again.

Zizi: "Oh you're not going to get rid of me that easily. I waited too long for you."

He smiled at her and moved his lips to hers, grazing them.

"Ditto."

He said softly with a smile before giving her another long kiss.

Zizi: "You did really good today. Maybe next time we can do it together. I meant the tech stuff."

Gabe gave her a cooked smile and a small shrug.

"Yeah...maybe. [he said with a bit of a chuckle] I might need a breather from this Birds stuff for a few days. You all nearly gave me a heart attack."

Gabe lowered Zizi back into her chair.

"Way to initiate a guy."

He joked with a grin.

Zizi: "Did we lose anything equipment in that lightning strike?"

"Just the main electrical generator, but New York Power and Light will have to fix that. It knocked out about five city blocks of power. Everything else is good though."

Gabe shook his head.

"That doesn't matter [kneeling down] What happened? How's Rose? Is she....okay? I mean, as okay as someone could be after all that..."

After the live feed cut off, he had no idea what had happened other than no one was hurt and Rose was stable. But stable and okay were two different things.

"She lost it. I've never seen anyone snap like that before in my life. Well [scoffing despite himself] other than Ava I guess. [shaking his head] Jesus...this whole situation with Hellfire is so fucked up...."

Valkyrie

War
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Ashley Oldenburg
Missions
Ability
Ability to instill self-doubt, turmoil and intimidation
The Courthouse

Zach tried to get her to believe that Rose wasn't a threat anymore. Except that no one had thought she was a threat before either.

"Actually, she used to be a really nice lady before she went all Regan Macneil on us."
"Yeah, well, I'll believe that when I see it."

She rolled her eyes at how much shit they were in, and apparently it was only going to keep on coming.

Zach said:
"You get used to that after a couple of years. With the Six, it's always constant impending doom. It's a wonder they haven't all gone completely insane by now."
She just stared at Zach for a moment.

"Hellfire...attempted murder...any of this screaming 'sane' to you?"

She pocketed the keys to the Navigator, and led the way out of the courtroom. She heard Zach talking to Steel behind her.

Zach said:
"I'll keep her out of trouble. We'll just stop by the Sanctuary to check on Jake."
When they were out of the door, she grabbed the lapels on his jacket. She leveled a steely gaze at him up through her lashes.

"You're going to keep me out of trouble? Who's going to keep you out of trouble?"

She grinned and leaned towards him, pressing her mouth against his, locking her arms around his neck. When she pulled back, her hand slid down his arm to take his hand, and they walked together out to the front of the courthouse where the car was parked. Ashley slid into the driver's seat.

"I'll drive you to the Sanctuary."

She put her finger on the push-button, then stopped, turning to Zach.

"Are you sure, you're okay?"

She looked at him seriously.

"I can still remember...what it felt like...and what she did to you was so much worse..."

Oracle

The Eye in the Sky
The Six
Real Name
Elizabeth York
Missions
Ability
Genius, Hacker
The Clocktower

After the day she'd had, coming home to the Clocktower, to find Gabe in it felt surreal. That SHE'd almost died hadn't hit her half as hard as when she'd thought Gabe had died. But after everything with Alycia, and Rose, Zach...to have someone who would just hold her like this seemed like the greatest thing in the world.

She suggested that maybe the next time, they sit next to each other on the job.

"Yeah...maybe. [he said with a bit of a chuckle] I might need a breather from this Birds stuff for a few days. You all nearly gave me a heart attack."
"Oh ye of little faith."

She winked and smiled as Gabe set her back down.

Gabe said:
"Way to initiate a guy."
"Oh wait until we make you eat the live goldfish."

She asked him about the Clocktower's equipment, and if Persephone's lightning attack had done any permanent damage.

Gabe said:
"Just the main electrical generator, but New York Power and Light will have to fix that. It knocked out about five city blocks of power. Everything else is good though."
"That's fantastic."

But tech stuff was not what Gabe wanted to talk about.

Gabe said:
"That doesn't matter [kneeling down] What happened? How's Rose? Is she....okay? I mean, as okay as someone could be after all that..."
Zizi's face became serious.

"I think she will be...Alison - Harbinger - is going to care for her, and she's taken Rae with her to help. I'm sure it will take some time for her to get over what happened to her. The things she did while under The Unloved's influence."

Gabe said:
"She lost it. I've never seen anyone snap like that before in my life. Well [scoffing despite himself] other than Ava I guess. [shaking his head] Jesus...this whole situation with Hellfire is so fucked up...."
"It really is."

She didn't even bother to correct his language.

"But it wasn't Rose's fault. She had something inside her that she could only control so long until it came crawling out screaming. The important thing is that her friends know why she was acting the way she was, and are going to help her."

She gave him a small smile and patted his hand.

"Isis and Sharon are going to help out with the children at the Sanctuary while Rose is recuperating. How did the boys do? I hope you recorded some of it. I'm sure that will be a hit at the Christmas party."

She grinned.

"But I meant what I said - thank you for your help today. I needed to be with Alycia, and knowing that you were here, taking care of things - it made all the difference."

Isis

Black Diamond
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Dominique Deveraux
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Explosive sand cloud form, attributes of Isis - the egyptian goddess of rebirth & magick
The sanctuary

:: In all the chaos and commotion, little Sable had been lost in translation, and the pretty cat's anxiety was apparent, as Isis appeared in Rose's brownstone.::

Hello, little one.

:: Sable vocalized, and circled Isis, rubbing against her legs. The sorceress, who was still processing all that had occurred at the courthouse, smiled at the feline, and reached down to pick her up. Sable mewed a bit, but Isis knew how to hold her just right, petting her just behind her crown, and shushing her softly. Soon, Sable began to purr::

That's a good girl.

:: She began to walk with Sable::

Your mommy is away for just a little while, so she can rest, and feel better, but she'll be back soon. I know she'd want someone to make sure you were okay, and that's part of why I'm here.

:: It was such a sweet moment, seeing Isis talk softly to the cat in her arms. For a woman normally so cold and regal, she definitely had a way with children and apparently some animals. The residents at the Sanctuary affectionately referred to her as the "magic lady," a title Isis did not mind at all.::

Now...let's get you some dinner!

:: She "calls" to Richard::

Richard, I'm here now, in Rose's brownstone. Please join me as soon as you can.

:: Richard had been very busy, and while he was not on the front line in this caper, he had a duty that was no less important. During the height of the crisis at the courthouse, It was one of the few times that they had not been able to communicate as fluently as he had come to expect, and it was a source of anxiety for him, one that Isis felt, and was guilted by.::

:: It was time for her to reconnect with her knight, properly update him on Rose, and what the future held for them.::

;: While she waited for him, she prepared Sable's dinner. It was easy to find and follow the pattern that Rose had established for feeding time, given how organized she was in her kitchen, and Sable helped, "leading" her to where some of her food was kept. Dominique smiled as Sable mewed and circled::

Oh yes, I imagine you're quite hungry.

:: soon, Sable's dinner was prepared, and set down on the mat. The cat happily eats, while Isis leans back against the kitchen island, and sighs, massaging her temples::

Rose...

:: She said softly::

Sharon and I...we'll make sure that things are maintained around here. We'll carry this burden for you, while you have your much needed, and WELL deserved rest.::

:: Isis' view of Rose had changed, she realized that Xavier had been RIGHT all along, and that they MISSED a very key point in trying to assist Rose, and some ways, maybe they'd done more harm than good. For Dominique especially, this was a source of trouble because of her own VERY personal experience with her nephew, his father, and the possession that occurred when she tried to exact her revenge upon Nicolas for the death of his mother, her sister.::

:: Rose's wrath was something TERRIFYING, but beneath it all, there was a woman...who'd never recovered from a trauma...first losing her birth family, THEN her adopted family, THEN carrying the burden of this....creature that she had faced ALONE ever since child hood!? all this, AND the recent traumas of the purifiers, and the attacks on the sanctuary.::

Bright lady....how could I have not seen the signs...

:: she shut her eyes, still rubbing her temples. she regretted not giving Xavier more of a chance, and listening to him. At the time, she was having her own struggles, and her place with the team was still very much in doubt in her mind.::

:: And Zach and Ashley...mocking and making light of her as she lay, unconscious in Harbinger's arms. It was disgusting. But Harbinger was right, TWICE now, Zach had been saved, and each time, he seemed to just..."take it in stride." When would he realize this was not a game!? Maybe he wouldn't. Maybe he WOULD have to be moved aside, as Harbinger warned. Maybe BOTH of them should just go off and live in the fantasy world they seem to want so desperately for each other.::

:: But now, even with Rose in the care of Harbinger and Shadow Weaver, and Sharon and herself taking over the operations at the Sanctuary, there was STILL the matter of the Hellfire Club, particularly the Inner Circle's newest addtions: Black Widow, Persephone, and TALISMAN.::

is THAT the storm Harbinger is referring to??

:: She wondered, as she began to look around. She wondered if Rose had any hemlock, but it was highly unlikely. So, she waited for Richard.::

Matrix

Rising Star
Hellfire Club
Missions
Ability
Ultra-Omnimorph
No response. I could not remember that happening and it being good. It had me a little fucked up but she is a grown woman and we had our places. I would not abandon mine. I came inside and changed diapers, calmed babies and became small versions of every animal these kids asked for, anything that kept their mind off no Rose and my mind off no Miss D.

Finally, after all the possible time passed, I get a 'call'.

Richard, I'm here now, in Rose's brownstone. Please join me as soon as you can.
Finally. I exhaled and started to get the babies in order to watch some Super Why. Rose was not huge on TVs but she had computers, so YouTube came through nicely as I nodded to Danny to keep watch as I took a break.

I walked to the brownstone and saw Miss D so tired and...stressed that she almost did not see me at first. I walked in and was just glad to see her. Reaching into my coat, I pulled a pint bottle of hemlock and placed it before her, then retrieved a wine glass from the cabinet, rinsed it, and then poured her a glass. She took a seat at the island by the glass as I set it down.

This is not the Alison vintage. So do not expect the same kick.

I sat down opposite her, lifting her chin so I could get a look at her. I was not gonna whine like a bitch over her not calling me back, so I played it cool, focused on what was at hand. I saw no Rose, so I started there.

What's going on Miss D? Where is Rose?

Last edited:

Isis

Black Diamond
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Dominique Deveraux
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Explosive sand cloud form, attributes of Isis - the egyptian goddess of rebirth & magick
The Sanctuary- Rose's Brownstone kitchen

I pulled a pint bottle of hemlock and placed it before her, then retrieved a wine glass from the cabinet, rinsed it, and then poured her a glass.

This is not the Alison vintage. So do not expect the same kick.
Thank you.

:: she GULPS it down quickly, and looks a bit relieved as she opens her eyes. Sable was nearly finished, and Dominique wait until she left her bowl so she could put it in the dishwasher::

I was not gonna whine like a bitch over her not calling me back, so I played it cool, focused on what was at hand. I saw no Rose, so I started there.

What's going on Miss D? Where is Rose?

:: Dominique put her hand over her eyes, and shook her head, slowly exhaling::

Richard... Rose is in the care of Harbinger, Shadow Weaver and Rae Reynolds.

:: she reaches out with her other hand, and takes his hand into hers....::

::FLASH!::

:: Richard "sees" Dominique's "first person" experience Rose snapping in the courthouse, murdering Dennis Nedry, attacking Talisman, and then attacking the Birds of Prey. He sees Rose in all her TERRIFYING power as the Unloved moves through her::

An age old psionic creature, that Rose had faced as a child, and SUPPRESSED with her soul power, came FORTH, taking over her, using her grief, her rage, and the lingering trauma from childhood up till recent, to satisfy it's desire for DESTRUCTION.

That creature was called the Unloved.

:: FLASH!::

:: Richard sees Rose DESTROYING the courthouse, down to its foundation, he sees, HEARS the pained screams of Oracle, Isis herself, and Steel, as he desperately tries too shield her::

Orion tried to stop her, and nearly perished himself. Valkyrie tried to stand in the gap, and did so at great personal risk.

Harbinger and Shadow Weaver arrived...saved no only Zach, but also Rose. With help from Rae, The Unloved was exorcised from her being on the astral plane, and she REGAINED the part of her soul that she'd SACRIFICED years ago to contain the creature after it had murdered her birth family, and then her adoptive family.

:: She releases Richard's hand, after sharing with him her memories and impressions via magick::

Richard, that child is an orphan herself, like Nicolas, and she's carried an UNIMAGINABLE BURDEN, ALL THIS TIME!

:: She trembles ::

I of ALL people know what that feels like. And yet, I MISSED the signs that something was wrong.

Not enough was done to ensure her wellbeing after the Purifiers incident, and after Black Widow's unconscionable attacks on this place, the attempted kidnapping and near murder of Jake, and the problem of Dennis Nedry, which was utlimately a campaign of harrassment by the Hellfire Club?

Xavier had tried to broach the topic before, and I shut him down. I regret that now.

She needed assistance, and people were doing everything for her BUT what she truly needed.

:: She looked at Richard::

And even after Karen, Alison, and Rae were able to save her, as Alison held her in her arms, that woman...Ashley...and Zach...they both mocked her!

:: shaking her head::

Disgusting.

They're on their way here now, to see Jake. It's as if they don't even CARE about Rose, or respect her memory! I'll not allow them to come in here and try to change anything about this place. Neither will Sharon. NOR will I stand by and let them speak ill of Rose in front of her children.

Sharon and I will be taking over the operations of the Sanctuary for the time being, while Rose recovers at Aerie. You'll be here with us. We'll enlist the aid of Danny and Simon.

And Andrew? Do you think he handled himself well?

We'll ensure the children, and Sable... :: who was now finished, and contentedly grooming herself:: will be cared for.

There is plenty of room, so we can take up temporary residence in one of the fully furnished buildings.

::she looked up, and thought for a moment::

We'll give Rose the time she needs, and carry this burden for her. Goddess knows she's carried one for so long, at great personal cost. She needs this time and She's in the best possible hands.

Last edited:

Matrix

Rising Star
Hellfire Club
Missions
Ability
Ultra-Omnimorph
:: Dominique put her hand over her eyes, and shook her head, slowly exhaling::

Richard... Rose is in the care of Harbinger, Shadow Weaver and Rae Reynolds.

:: she reaches out with her other hand, and takes his hand into hers....::

::FLASH!::

:: Richard "sees" Dominique's "first person" experience Rose snapping in the courthouse, murdering Dennis Nedry, attacking Talisman, and then attacking the Birds of Prey. He sees Rose in all her TERRIFYING power as the Unloved moves through her::
Shit. Rose went HAM in the courtroom. Managed to kill Dennis before I could, but whiffed on the Imposter. 1 of 2. Then she came for them, but something was off.

What is ...with her, Miss D?

An age old psionic creature, that Rose had faced as a child, and SUPPRESSED with her soul power, came FORTH, taking over her, using her grief, her rage, and the lingering trauma from childhood up till recent, to satisfy it's desire for DESTRUCTION.

That creature was called the Unloved.

:: FLASH!::

:: Richard sees Rose DESTROYING the courthouse, down to its foundation, he sees, HEARS the pained screams of Oracle, Isis herself, and Steel, as he desperately tries too shield her::

Orion tried to stop her, and nearly perished himself. Valkyrie tried to stand in the gap, and did so at great personal risk.

Harbinger and Shadow Weaver arrived...saved no only Zach, but also Rose. With help from Rae, The Unloved was exorcised from her being on the astral plane, and she REGAINED the part of her soul that she'd SACRIFICED years ago to contain the creature after it had murdered her birth family, and then her adoptive family.

:: She releases Richard's hand, after sharing with him her memories and impressions via magick::
Miss D tells me a horror story come fairy tale that ends well but damn...Rose is diesel for holding that back all of that time. She deserves her rest. I shook my head quickly as I took in the scene, shuddering that Isis was nearly laid low.

• Richard, that child is an orphan herself, like Nicolas, and she's carried an UNIMAGINABLE BURDEN, ALL THIS TIME!

I of ALL people know what that feels like. And yet, I MISSED the signs that something was wrong.

Not enough was done to ensure her wellbeing after the Purifiers incident, and after Black Widow's unconscionable attacks on this place, the attempted kidnapping and near murder of Jake, and the problem of Dennis Nedry, which was utlimately a campaign of harrassment by the Hellfire Club?

Xavier had tried to broach the topic before, and I shut him down. I regret that now.

She needed assistance, and people were doing everything for her BUT what she truly needed.
Hey.

I had her look back up at me as I stood.

You did nothing wrong. It was terrible that it was missed but she put on a good front and you trusted in her that she was struggling but OK. Your reasoning of what was going on made sense. You did what you thought was right and that is all you can do.

And even after Karen, Alison, and Rae were able to save her, as Alison held her in her arms, that woman...Ashley...and Zach...they both mocked her!

Disgusting.

They're on their way here now, to see Jake. It's as if they don't even CARE about Rose, and the MOMENT she left, they feel they can just traipse in and out of here? I'll not allow it! Neither will Sharon.
That sounded cold for those two. But the scene I saw at the end did not make the pair look good. What was up with them? I swear, I am trying.

You know I have your back. But any confrontation needs to happen outside these doors. These kids have had enough. No more shit in here, at all. And Gabe's crew needs to redo that gloomy-assed panic room, but that is another thing.

: She looked at Richard::

Sharon and I will be taking over the operations of the Sanctuary for the time being, while Rose recovers at Aerie. You'll be here with us. We'll enlist the aid of Danny and Simon.

We'll ensure the children, and Sable... :: who was now finished, and contentedly grooming herself:: will be cared for.

There is plenty of room, so we can take up temporary residence in one of the fully furnished buildings.

We'll give Rose the time she needs, and carry this burden for her. Goddess knows she's carried one for so long, at great personal cost. She needs this time and She's in the best possible hands.
I nodded as she laid out the assignment. Fair enough. It wasn't like I was leaving her here anyway.

Yeah, Andrew is awesome with the older kids. He would be great with them. And X will be coming by for a couple of hours at least most every day anyway. He told me that Rose was gonna let him teach the kids some history and science and he has been working on them outside in PE. So we have a good crew. One other thing, for Jake's sake...

I took her hand again.

...give Zach some rope, that boy has talked him up and down since he got here with X and Vivica. Kids can sniff our bullshit, something here is real with him and Zach. I know you feel some type of way but the kids is bigger than that, that is the only reason I am asking. If he breaks rules, I will put them outside myself, OK?
Please?

I gave her 'the look'. I did not always pull it out, and if Zach wasted it on some bullshit then he and his chick can catch me outside, how 'bout that?

Last edited:

Isis

Black Diamond
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Dominique Deveraux
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
The Sanctuary- Rose's brownstown- kitchen

Hey.

I had her look back up at me as I stood.
:: She looked at him, he could see the regret in her eyes::

You did nothing wrong. It was terrible that it was missed but she put on a good front and you trusted in her that she was struggling but OK. Your reasoning of what was going on made sense. You did what you thought was right and that is all you can do.
:: She smiled...just a bit, and nodded. He was right. Dominique was sensitive to the plight of the weak and the distressed, but Rose HAD hid her own distress QUITE well, even Shadow Weaver was unaware, but now Rose was in the most capable of hands, and Dominique, along with Sharon, would ensure that her efforts were maintained::

You know I have your back. But any confrontation needs to happen outside these doors. These kids have had enough. No more shit in here, at all. And Gabe's crew needs to redo that gloomy-assed panic room, but that is another thing.
As long as the two of them don't come here, thinking it's time for BLOCK PARTY because Rose is absent...

:: She balled her fist, and said this with contempt. She really WAS disgusted by the two of them and the way they spoke of Rose,. as the woman lay unconscious in Harbinger's arms.::

...I'd like to believe that Zach has some sense....and sensibility. But Ashley? If that woman speaks ill of Rose in front of Jake or any of the other children...

:: She shook her head, Richard knew. ::

If I have to, I'll just teleport them away, and bar them with wards. It's as simple as that.

This is ROSE'S secret garden. Her memory will be preserved until she returns. Her children must NOT be made to feel that they've lost the only caregiver that has been the closest thing to a mother they'll ever have.

:: She agreed that the underground bunker needed to be redone. it was well fortified, with provisions, and structure, but it was cold, not the place of a child's dreams.::

Yeah, Andrew is awesome with the older kids. He would be great with them. And X will be coming by for a couple of hours at least most every day anyway. He told me that Rose was gonna let him teach the kids some history and science and he has been working on them outside in PE. So we have a good crew. One other thing, for Jake's sake...

I took her hand again.

...give Zach some rope, that boy has talked him up and down since he got here with X and Vivica. Kids can sniff our bullshit, something here is real with him and Zach. I know you feel some type of way but the kids is bigger than that, that is the only reason I am asking. If he breaks rules, I will put them outside myself, OK? Please?
:: Dominique stared at Richard intently. There was a flash in her aqua blue eyes. A mix of surprise that he would advocate so strongly for Zach like this, but ALSO approval that he DID follow his heart, and that he had been observent, and delivered this information regarding Jake to her when he did!::

:: As Dominique pondered what Richard said, Sable jumped up on the kitchen island, and rubbed against Dominique's arm, and then made her way over to Richard, rubbing against him as well. Dominique broke her stare, and looked over the sleek black feline, and smiled once more, then looking back at Richard.::

Very well.

:: She said, with a nod::

Silver Swan said:
He [ Richard] won't be by himself , Dominique. If Zach and/or Ashley cross that line, I'll JOIN Richard in bouncing right out of here!
:: Dominique and Richard both look to see Sharon standing in the doorway of the kitchen.::

Thank you, Sharon. Let us hope they don't bring us to that point. As Richard said, these children, especially Jake, have been through enough, and if he's as EAGER to see Zach as Richard says...there shouldn't be any harm, as long as they are supervised.

Silver Swan said:
Agreed. I just checked in with Alycia. She's going to be heading Charope. So she'll be mere blocks away if we need her...but she'd RATHER be alone tonight. This whole thing with Rose has left her devastated. She thought she was going to help Rose in that courthouse....but that WHOLE THING was just a SET UP...by HELLFIRE!
:: Dominique appreciated the support and solidarity from Sharon, and nodded, with sympathy, regarding Alycia..::

This whole thing has been VERY hard on her, and it's NOT just Rose.

:: She and Sharon knew.::

Sharon said:
She's with Oracle right now...saying goodbye. I think Xavier...will be looking in on her tonight. I've got my birds watching over her building, as an added measure to supplement her security systems...just in case.
The storm that Harbinger warned us about...it would appear that the clouds have already begun to gather. We must LEARN from what's happened today...and all that lead up to it.

Sharon said:
and what Rae said...it's true.
Yes it is.

:: Looking at Richard, and his new friend, Sable ;) ::

So we begin right now. We honor Rose, and preserve her memory, we keep things going for her, until she is able to return.

Sharon said:
and we look out for each other, and keep our eyes and ears open for what's to come.
:: and with that, Dominique gathers Sable in her arms, and she, Richard, and Sharon exit Rose's kitchen, and wait for Zach and Ashley to arrive. ::

Recall

Belle Epoque
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Vivica Lennox
Missions
Ability
Total Memory Recall, Photographic Reflexes, Super Senses
:: Though there was a large part of her that desperately wanted to be in that courtroom to protect those that she cared about, there was an equally large part of her that was happy to be outside of the courthouse with Xavier. With no notice, he had proved to Vivica that she could trust him and that they could play off each other in the field. Plus, the fact that she was standing next to a guy that could be across the world in a few seconds..well, it made a girl feel safe. ::

:: She stood outside the courtroom. Seconds felt like hours as she waited for one of them to come across the com link, but there was nothing. And then...it seemed as if the entire courthouse itself was about to be completely destroyed. Though Vivica was not a psionic, her brain functioned at a level that was rare for any human, let alone mutant and if there was a psychic event powerful enough, Vivica could perceive, although very vaguely. Rose was attacking. She wanted to be strong, but in a moment of weakness, she gripped Xavier's hand and squeezed it tightly. ::

"Get ready to evacuate.."

:: Vivica looked Xavier in the eyes for a moment until she realized that the attack on the courthouse had stopped, and the way it stopped was very signature of somebody that she knew. A wave of nausea and relief hit her as she realized that Harbinger was on the scene. The only solace Vivica took was that she didn't have to come face to face with the Keeper of Time. Vivica had put on quite a brave face in the last few days. She had faced Persephone several times, she had cut all ties with Cameron and most of The Six, and she had spent a great amount of energy trying to get the wayward members of The Birds of Prey back to each other. In short - Vivica was sick of being brave. Seeing Alison would be too painful. Xavier caught on to the signature of Alison's power and the two locked eyes, knowing they had been granted a reprieve. ::

:: It was a moment of irony. Vivica felt so safe with Xavier...and he had been hand delivered to the team by Alison herself. But knowing Alison, that would end up becoming all sorts of bad later. To Vivica, there was no longer a separation between Cameron and Alison. She had fought for years to ensure that he DIDN'T end up like Harbinger. But Cameron idolized his sister..and recent events had shown Vivica..that he was more like her than she ever would have wanted. And that stung. For years, she thought herself to be Cameron's sister. It was a mistake. She had put in the work and hand delivered a brother that Alison didn't deserve right into her lap. Over the years, Vivica had kicked herself for deciding that Cameron should expand into retail..that he should buy the once defunct Parthenon chain. She had even been the one to reach out to Illustra to set up the very first time that Morgan, Alison and Cameron had ever met. But she didn't have time for her own pain. She was in mourning, and it was better for Vivica to keep her head straight and focused on her new family - specifically Zizi and Zach. ::

"As much as I hate to say it...if there is anybody that can stop Rose from this..it's Alison. Looks like we have a sliver of light in the dark."

:: And sure enough, it was over. Whatever had transpired in that room was over and done. ::

Oracle: [via com link] "This is Oracle. Harbinger and Shadow Weaver have intervened, and along with Rae have saved Rose from the entity that was possessing her. Everyone is fine here. Keep vigilant for a Hellfire attack at the Sanctuary, but I think the danger has passed for now. Harbinger is taking Rose with her for a time to heal."

"Roger that. Good to hear your voice, Oracle!" Vivica beamed into the com link.

:: She looked at Xavier and smiled. ::

"We make a good team...LUCIUS!"

:: Vivica raised her hand and mocked as if she was going to smack him, before pulling him into a hug. ::

Cypher: "A Lexus is on and waiting for you outside the exit if you need it."

"A Lexus? Really? For fuck's sake. Even in a crisis, ya'll can't help but to be boujee."

Xavier: "Sanctuary is it then? Shall we?"

:: Vivica nodded as the three of them climbed into the car and sped off. ::

Xavier: [via com link] "Richard, come in. We need a pickup. Silver Lexus. Gabe can guide you in. I want this kid at the Sanctuary ASAP. DO you copy?"

:: Recall held Jake in her arms. He was so scared, but Vivica wasn't the type to coddle a kid. She had been through enough in her own childhood to know that although moments like this were terrible, they were often when one learned the strength they needed to survive. Especially mutants. ::

"Be strong, Jake. We got you! Remember how fast Xavier moved before? Well, he can move a LOT faster than that! There's nobody safer to be with!"

Richard: "Yeah, just drive. I gotcha."

:: And did he...appearing as a goddamn helicopter, Richard swooped them up and they arrived at The Sanctuary in RECORD time. Vivica could only shake her head at the moxy of a youth like Richard. It made her see why Isis favored him. ::

:: Richard made a point to take Jake as Vivica took a moment to breathe, walking into the kitchen, she grabbed a glass from a cabinet, poured a glass of water from the sink and gulped it down immediately. For a moment she sat there, as the light of the afternoon began to shift, cascading shadows throughout the kitchen. She just stood there for a minute. Looking at the kitchen. The insignificant tchtatchkis and kitchen utensils. In this room, none of what just happened actually happened. It was a safe space. And so she took a moment to breathe. After gaining her composure she rounded the corner into a sitting room. Most of the children were napping, as were Danny and Simon on the sofa. Simon had slumped over and was comfortably resting his head on Danny's lap, with Danny's hand over the top of his head. Vivica couldn't help but laugh. With her photographic memory, she would always remember this, but seeing Alycia in the courtroom earlier had taught her...sometimes you need concrete PROOF. ::

>>Click

:: She snapped a few pictures with her camer before standing over them, speaking loudly. ::

"Well, well WELL! What do we have here!"

:: Simon and Danny shot up like cannons as they became aware of their surroundings, both taking a moment to adjust themselves and move a bit further away from each other on the couch. ::

Simon: "Vivica! What are you doing here?! Is everything okay!? How is Rose?"

Danny: [adjusting his jeans for a moment] "Uhh..yeah! Is Rose okay?"

:: She spoke with a knowingness granted to her by Harbinger. ::

"Rose is okay..she's being watched by Alison, Karen and Rae. All is fine for now."

Simon: "Oh thank god. I was so worried. Does she need anything?! What can we do?"

"You can go home. Really guys, thanks for stepping up to the plate today. We really needed you. It's good to know we can count on the two of you.."

[feigning surprise]

"Danny is that a hickey!?"

Danny: [flatly] "Very funny."

"I'm just teasing. Seriously...go home and get some more comfortable sleep. You both deserve it."

:: Simon walked over to Vivica as the two hugged warmly. ::

Simon: "You let me know if you need anything, Viv. I mean it."

"I know."

:: She received the hug warmly. Danny and Simon made their exit and Vivica found herself alone for a moment. What should she be doing. What was there necessarily to be done. Immediately...Vivica's mind went to Sable..and by proxy her own bengal cat Sheba. ::

"Shit..that bitch is never gonna forgive me."

:: Vivica had been busy, and she had missed a standing treat appointment with Sheba, who was surely going to punish her for the next several weeks because of it. Exhaling, Vivica popped down the street and let her into Rose's brownstone, looking for Sable to make sure she was fed and okay, until she heard voices. ::

Isis said:

Disgusting.

They're on their way here now, to see Jake. It's as if they don't even CARE about Rose, or respect her memory! I'll not allow them to come in here and try to change anything about this place. Neither will Sharon. NOR will I stand by and let them speak ill of Rose in front of her children.

:: Vivica lingered around the corner, listening to the conversation happening in the kitchen. ::

Matrix said:
I nodded as she laid out the assignment. Fair enough. It wasn't like I was leaving her here anyway.

I took her hand again.

...give Zach some rope, that boy has talked him up and down since he got here with X and Vivica. Kids can sniff our bullshit, something here is real with him and Zach. I know you feel some type of way but the kids is bigger than that, that is the only reason I am asking. If he breaks rules, I will put them outside myself, OK? Please?

I gave her 'the look'. I did not always pull it out, and if Zach wasted it on some bullshit then he and his chick can catch me outside, how 'bout that?
:: Vivica was happy to hear Richard stand up for both Zach and Andrew. During some down time, Vivica had made a point to reach out to both Xavier and Andrew, to let them know that she was there for them, and it was heart warming to see that this group of people were having a positive impact on Richard, especially since he was so close to Isis. He would be an important buffer if Dominique were to continue with this team, which Vivica desperately wished she would. ::

Dominique: "Very well."

:: Recall's eyes widened for a second. This was a very good sign and a very good thing to hear. Dominique was not completely unreasonable, and that was a relief to hear. ::

Sharon: "He won't be by himself, Dominique. If Zach and/or Ashley cross that line, I'll JOIN Richard in bouncing right out of here!"

:: Vivica furrowed her brow. She wished that things had gone so differently between the Amazons and Ashley. They were SO similar, it killed Vivica that they all refused to see it about each other. It was pride and ego getting in the way, and nobody was willing to back down. While Vivica was confident that she could keep Isis around, because she was a bit more removed from the situation, deep down she was worried about Sharon and Alyica. She had been making an EXTRA effort with Alycia lately, because she could sense something was wrong with her. ::

Isis: "Thank you, Sharon. Let us hope they don't bring us to that point. As Richard said, these children, especially Jake, have been through enough, and if he's as EAGER to see Zach as Richard says...there shouldn't be any harm, as long as they are supervised."

:: Recall felt a pang of regret and a pit in her stomach. Zach had really dug himself into a hole recently. Even Vivica wanted to strangle him at one point. But she had a relationship with him that the others didn't. They both understood each other in a way that nobody could. It was a side effect of being in orbit of The Six. Just as Sharon and Alycia had linked up due to similar circumstances, so had Vivica and Zach. She may have questioned Zach for a moment, but Vivica knew deep down that Zach was one of the best men she had ever met. He may have made stupid decisions, he may have been victim to his own power at times, but she knew, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that he would always have her back. And vice versa. ::

Sharon: "Agreed. I just checked in with Alycia. She's going to be heading tot Charope. So she'll be mere blocks away if we need her..but she'd RATHER be alone tonight. The whole thing with Rose has left her devestated. She thought she was going to help Rose in that courthouse..but that WHOLE THING was just a SET UP...by HELLFIRE."

:: Vivica got out her phone and sent a text to Alycia. ::

>>"I'm here if you need me, Alycia. Just let me know. I am glad to know you're safe. Please keep me updated."

Isis: "The storm that Harbinger warned us about...it would appear that the clouds have already begun to gather. We must LEARN from what's happened today..and all that lead up to it."

:: Dominique's words resonated with Vivica. Single handedly, she couldn't save the team. She couldn't unite them on her own. Neither could Oracle. It had to come from them. But Vivica had been a woman who used to feel degraded, ostracized and neglected for much of her life, and she made a promise, that anybody who pledged allegiance to HER team..wouldn't feel that way. Maybe she couldn't make things better, but she COULD...at the very least...let EACH of the women know...Alycia, Sharon and Dominique, that her door was open. That she cared about them, and she would do her best to try and be there for them, outside of team dynamic and allegiance. It was more important now more than ever. ::

:: The group rounded the corner as Vivica made herself known, pretending she hadn't just heard everything. She didn't speak. Instead as the group gathered, she walked over to Dominique, massaged her shoulders a bit and tucked a few stray hairs out of her face, before winking at Richard and embracing Sharon in a hug. Sometimes words weren't needed. Sometimes all you had to do was show up. ::

"I guess we'll die another day, eh?"

Carol Peletier
Carol Peletier
great post!
Persephone
Persephone
Love Viv's insight on the Amazon/Zach/Ash situation.

Orion

Ambassador
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Zachary Armani
Missions
Ability
Empath
The Courthouse

Ashley: Hellfire...attempted murder...any of this screaming 'sane' to you?

"Well, when you put it so succinctly..."

He didn't have much of a rebuttal. He paused to reassure John that he'd keep Ashley out of trouble. As soon as he reached the corridor leading to the lobby, Ashley seized him by his jacket and stared up at him. Zach raised his eyebrows innocently.

Ashley: You're going to keep me out of trouble? Who's going to keep you out of trouble?

His grin mirrored hers, and for a moment they shared a kiss, and a warm embrace. She took his hand and they walked out to Steele's SUV. For a moment, it was as if they hadn't almost died just now. But when they got in the car and shut the doors, that moment was over. Ashley said she'd drive him to the Sanctuary. He nodded, with a somewhat weak smile. He was looking forward to seeing Jake again.

Ashley: Are you sure, you're okay?

"That depends on how you define 'okay', exactly..."

He said, with a trace of humor. She gave him a look.

Ashley: I can still remember...what it felt like...and what she did to you was so much worse...

He shuddered, because he could still remember that too, what it felt like when Rose tried to rip his soul out of his body. It was the single most painful experience he'd ever been forced to endure, and that was saying a LOT considering the fact that a couple of days ago, Persephone had tried to gut him like a fish.

He wondered just how much of what Rose said and did, what she felt, was truly the way she felt about the matter, and how much of it was the Unloved. The ban, the blame, the fury, the fight.... How much of what they dealt with was actually Rose?

"I'm just glad Karen and Alison showed up when they did. That... thing.... that they pulled out of her? It was purely demonic. They said she'd been suppressing it since childhood."

He said, and then he reached for her hand.

"But I'm not the only one who was nearly destroyed. Are you okay?"

Cypher

Access Denied
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Gabriel Jerome
Missions
Ability
Gabe wasn't exactly sure if he was down for this Birds stuff when Zizi suggested him working together on later tasks. The 'initiation' thus far had been a fucking rollercoaster.

Zizi: "Oh wait until we make you eat the live goldfish."

"Funny."

He deadpanned with a smile. But the convo shifted to a more serious tone about Rose and what happened.

Zizi: "I think she will be...Alison - Harbinger - is going to care for her, and she's taken Rae with her to help. I'm sure it will take some time for her to get over what happened to her. The things she did while under The Unloved's influence. But it wasn't Rose's fault. She had something inside her that she could only control so long until it came crawling out screaming. The important thing is that her friends know why she was acting the way she was, and are going to help her."

"Damn...i'm just glad she's okay. I mean, not being in control of what you're doing has got to be scary, not to mention traumatizing."

He may have cracked jokes about Rose being crazy, but he didn't realize how deep it went. Rose wasn't in control of her actions, she was just a vessel for these Unloved creatures.

Zizi: "Isis and Sharon are going to help out with the children at the Sanctuary while Rose is recuperating. How did the boys do? I hope you recorded some of it. I'm sure that will be a hit at the Christmas party."

Gabe cracked a smile.

"They did pretty damn good considering the circumstances....Although I do remember a little girl tying Andrew to a chair with a pink ribbon and putting bows in his hair."

He laughed.

"Definitely Christmas party worthy."

Zizi shifted topics.

Zizi: "But I meant what I said - thank you for your help today. I needed to be with Alycia, and knowing that you were here, taking care of things - it made all the difference."

"I didn't do much, but i'm glad I could help where needed."

Taking a sit on the couch.

"I'm just glad this is over. At least for now...."

He knew Hellfire wasn't finished fucking with them--far from it.

Oracle

The Eye in the Sky
The Six
Real Name
Elizabeth York
Missions
Ability
Genius, Hacker
The Clocktower

Zizi and Gabe discussed what had happened with Rose.

"Damn...i'm just glad she's okay. I mean, not being in control of what you're doing has got to be scary, not to mention traumatizing."
She nodded.

"Like screaming when no one can hear you."

Zizi looked sad, but perked up as she asked Gabe about how Andrew and Rich had done at the Sanctuary.

Gabe said:
"They did pretty damn good considering the circumstances....Although I do remember a little girl tying Andrew to a chair with a pink ribbon and putting bows in his hair."
"I bet he was the prettiest princess of them all."

She laughed along with Gabe.

"We need to get a still of that one framed."

Gabe moved to sit on the couch.

Gabe said:
"I'm just glad this is over. At least for now...."
Zizi started to follow him to the living area, when something caught her eye. She rolled over to her workspace and picked something up, heading towards the couch.

"Gabe, where did this laptop come from? It's not one of mine...and I don't remember seeing it in your stuff..."

Had someone been in here, messing with her stuff?

Black Widow
Black Widow
oh yes she did find that backdoor to Clandestine's network..... *evil laugh*
Status
Not open for further replies.