Brilliant Confrontation
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Alycia Barnett
Residence
Themyscira
Missions
Ability
Amazon attributes & abilities; Feminum bracelets; Silver Bow & Zeus' Divine Lightning
The Clocktower- Zizi's apartment

"Oh Alycia...NO ONE could have saved her. That courtroom was a sham!
You're right, it was.

:: She looked away::

And that woman...the mother of that bastard Cameron King, was behind it. Just like she was behind the attack on Karen, and she GOT AWAY.

She got away with it, just like Black Widow, Persephone, Prophet....

:: It was worth noting that Alycia was now lumping Cameron King in with the Hellfire Club villains::

Justice was NOT served.

And we don't need a courtroom for THAT, Zizi.

:: the imlication of what she was saying wouldn't be lost on Zizi, and it might be chilling to hear from the amazon::

Rose may not be dead. She may be recovering with Alison, Karen, and Rae...but what happens when she returns? The hellfire club will still want to either possess her for her power, OR try to harvest her children, and speaking of her children, ZACH can't just act like because she's gone, he can be in and out of her dwelling or the orphanage house with Jake.

I'm not going to be a bitch and completely uphold her ban, but I CAN'T allow him to take Jake off the premises either. He CAN'T just act like Jake is better off without Rose.

Rose is the only mother figure those kids have, and now she can't be with them.

There are people in this building that are acting like they are GLAD that Rose is gone, like she was a problem...a burden...or "CRAZY." They're going to go on as though she never existed or that it's BETTER than she's not here!

Is that how we treat people we don't understand, is that how we show our support for the marginalized!?

"I don't know, is it?"

Zizi's face was questioning, not accusatory. It reminded her of another conversation they had had, the roles now reversed.
:: Alycia's hazel eyes widen as she looks a bit dismayed at Zizi, knowing full well what she was referring to::

It's not the same, Zizi.

Rose was...IS a woman on the margins, caring for children even FURTHER out on the margins.

Ashley is rude, aggressive, unkind.... Rose was POSSESSED...something that'd been haunting her since she was ORPHANED herself!

ROSE would never MOCK someone in their hour of despair, the way Ashley did Karen, the way she did ME when my paralegal was nearly murdered by the purifiers!

:: She stood up and paced slowly, stopping for a moment::

It's NOT the same!

:: She shouted, as she began to slowly pace::

Half the confrontations she's found herself in, wouldn't have happened, if she'd just learn how to either conduct herself with civility, or keep her mouth SHUT. Whatever she did BEFORE the group changed, and expanded, is irrelevant. When new people arrive, there needs to be ROOM made for them, they shouldn't have to adapt to a HOSTILE environment.

My first experience with her, the night that my paralegal was nearly gunned down by the purifiers, was UGLY, and you know what they say about first impressions. She was more interested in mocking me, and denigrating me as an amazon, rather than offering assistance to myself or at the very least, Ana-Leigh. I never forgot that.

:: Alycia paused, and pulled herself back a bit::

My trying to work with...or around Ashley should NOT be mistaken for my condoning her behavior. I will NEVER be okay with how rude and disrespectful she is, and I'm not okay with the collective pass she gets from all of you either.

:: she wanted that to be known::

I TRIED to focus on the big picture, and I've proven that I can.

Don't ask me for anything more where Ashley is concerned.

:: she turned away::

Not when there are people like ROSE in this world, who didn't have a fair shake from DAY ONE. Despite her power, and whatever appearance she may have, she was just as much a victim as Ashley and Zach. it wasn't just this incident at the courthouse, it was everything else that lead up to it- the hellfire club harrassing her, the purifiers, the bus accident, Zach's neglect, the repeated trespassing by the members of the inner circle, Black Widow, JAKE, DENNIS NEDRY..and how many times did they call her crazy before she escalated?

How many times did WE miss the mark with Rose? But you can bet that not everyone in this building is going to care or take stock.

Rose wasn't crazy. She was a victim, and she was possessed. Ashley is NOT possessed, she's rude without restraint, and she ENJOYS being that way.

"It's not an easy situation, certainly. They had just nearly died, so I think we can cut them some slack. Though I do recall Zach sticking up for Rose..."
:: she smirked. If you called saying "she used to be nice" sticking up for someone. She would leave it there.:: If Zach had just BACKED OFF on the subject of Haleigh, Rose wouldn't have gone so HARD on him, but he'd NEVER understand that. Haleigh WASN'T WORTH IT. She deserved EVERY bit off HELL and JUSTICE that she had coming her way.::

Zizi studied her a second. That didn't sound like Alycia, and it worried her.

"Alycia, is that what you really want? Will that truly make you feel better? You know what they say about anger, that it's like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die."

She paused.

"Wouldn't it be better to focus on things that make you happy?"
::sighing...her facial expression softened. Zizi had this wonderful talent of persuasion.::

:: She seats herself by Zizi again::

It isn't...just...anger, Zizi.

:: She said softly::

I'm tired of watching people get away with hurting...doing wrong...MURDER...and I realize that...just because I'm NOT an officer of this particular court...doesn't mean that it is not within my power to bring JUSTICE to those who DESERVE IT.

Sometimes...REVENGE IS JUSTICE.

And they :: Black Widow, Persephone, Prophet, Valkyrie, and so many more:: underestimate me. They always have, even BEFORE I became an amazon.

I wasted so much time. First with Cameron, then Zach...and I wound up being humiliated.

Some things are just not for some people...and I am not interested in wasting anymore time, or being hurt anymore over ...."affairs of the heart"

:: She says that last part with such bitterness::

There are things I need to attend to....SCORES that I need to settle...and I just don't think I can do that here.

"I see."

Zizi looked down at the folded hands in her lap.
Plus, I am still Rose's legal counsel, and I must watch out for her estate.

"Well, of course you must do what you think is right for you."

She looked up, and forced a smile. She didn't want Alycia to go, but she had to do what was right for her, and it was clear that Alycia needed time. A break. Zizi just hoped she'd take it.

"But you always have a place here, if you want it."

Her smile widened, more genuine this time.

"And my legs might not work, but I have two perfectly good shoulders and two highly functioning ears if you ever need them."
:: she reaches out with one of her hands, taking Zizi's hand into her own::

Thank you. I need to re"freeze" and reform, I can't do that here.

I'm hurting...badly, and each time I think I've pulled the pain out of me...something or someone reminds me that I haven't succeeded in doing so.

I'm reeling from what happened to Rose.

I just need some time.

I can't make my plans for their destruction here either...

My office is just a few blocks from Rose's secret garden, and while Sharon, Rich and Dominique are there, it'll be better for me to be nearby in case something happens.

:: It was the truth, but it was also a perfect excuse. She'd be nearby, but she'd also have time and resources begin laying the ground work for what she really wanted.::

"Of course, I understand. But will you be safe there? Persephone and Black Widow are still out there."
And they need to know that there are people out there looking for THEM too. An Amazon does not admit defeat until the last breath is crushed from her breast. Those two renegade bitches are too hasty to call this or any OTHER day theirs.

My building has defenses that are immune to Black Widow's abilities. Persephone stabbed me in the back while I was trying to save Zach. She WON'T get the drop on me next time, and if either of them is stupid enough to trespass? ALL bets are off.

:: she leaned forward a bit, squeezing Zizi's hand::

I'll be alright.

I just need this time.

We'll see each other again soon, I promise.

:: She hugs Zizi, holding her tightly for a moment, as a few tears fell from her eyes::

Thank you.

Oracle

The Eye in the Sky
The Six
Real Name
Elizabeth York
Missions
Ability
Genius, Hacker
The Clocktower

Zizi tried to tell Alycia that what happened at the courtroom wasn't her fault.

And that woman...the mother of that bastard Cameron King, was behind it. Just like she was behind the attack on Karen, and she GOT AWAY. She got away with it, just like Black Widow, Persephone, Prophet....
Prophet?

Alycia said:
Justice was NOT served. And we don't need a courtroom for THAT, Zizi.
"We used to," she said quietly. Something was wrong with Alycia. Very wrong. She might not have known Rose well enough to notice what was going on with her, but she had known Alycia for a very long time. THIS was not normal behavior for her. Something inside her had snapped, and Zizi had absolutely no idea how to put it right again.

Alycia said:
Rose may not be dead. She may be recovering with Alison, Karen, and Rae...but what happens when she returns? The hellfire club will still want to either possess her for her power, OR try to harvest her children, and speaking of her children, ZACH can't just act like because she's gone, he can be in and out of her dwelling or the orphanage house with Jake. I'm not going to be a bitch and completely uphold her ban, but I CAN'T allow him to take Jake off the premises either. He CAN'T just act like Jake is better off without Rose.
"Alycia, he is not going to act like that. HE of all people knows what happened today, knows what Rose means to those children. Now that she is free of the Unloved grasp, he will do nothing but support her, you know that. But he needs to see Jake. And Jake needs him. And now that Rose is free, Hellfire cannot use that against her. But we must find a way to protect those children. Perhaps Danny Donnelly can help."

Zizi suggested the way some viewed Rose was the same as how others viewed Ashley.

Alycia said:
It's not the same, Zizi. Rose was...IS a woman on the margins, caring for children even FURTHER out on the margins. Ashley is rude, aggressive, unkind.... Rose was POSSESSED...something that'd been haunting her since she was ORPHANED herself!
"Oh, so only people we like need our help? Ashley may not be possessed, but she has very real issues."

Alycia said:
ROSE would never MOCK someone in their hour of despair, the way Ashley did Karen, the way she did ME when my paralegal was nearly murdered by the purifiers!
"Alycia, all she knew of you was how you and Sharon had treated Vivica all those years, before you reconciled. The same way all she knows of Rose is that she tried to kill everyone. The same way all you know of her is what's on the surface."

Alycia said:
Half the confrontations she's found herself in, wouldn't have happened, if she'd just learn how to either conduct herself with civility, or keep her mouth SHUT. Whatever she did BEFORE the group changed, and expanded, is irrelevant. When new people arrive, there needs to be ROOM made for them, they shouldn't have to adapt to a HOSTILE environment.
"How about trying to change someone's mind rather than confirming their expectations?"

Alycia said:
My trying to work with...or around Ashley should NOT be mistaken for my condoning her behavior. I will NEVER be okay with how rude and disrespectful she is, and I'm not okay with the collective pass she gets from all of you either.
Zizi shook her head. Because she didn't scream and denigrate, she was giving a "pass". For all of her years of experience, the lesson Alycia still needed to learn was that violence wasn't the solution to every problem.

Alycia said:
I TRIED to focus on the big picture, and I've proven that I can.
"In the courtroom today, did Ashley only use her power to influence the bailiffs attacking her and Zach, or did she extend that to those coming for you, for Sharon? Did she only try to shield Zach, or all of us?"

Alycia said:
Not when there are people like ROSE in this world, who didn't have a fair shake from DAY ONE. Despite her power, and whatever appearance she may have, she was just as much a victim as Ashley and Zach.
"Yes, she was. Zach knows that, and Ashley will, in time."

Alycia said:
How many times did WE miss the mark with Rose? But you can bet that not everyone in this building is going to care or take stock.
"I think you are underestimating a lot of us. We didn't know Rose before a few days ago. And we still tried to help her - even Ashley. But we know her now. And the lesson is not lost."

She suggested that Alycia focus on making herself happy, rather than on her anger.

Alycia said:
It isn't...just...anger, Zizi. I'm tired of watching people get away with hurting...doing wrong...MURDER...and I realize that...just because I'm NOT an officer of this particular court...doesn't mean that it is not within my power to bring JUSTICE to those who DESERVE IT.
"Isn't that what we do here?"

Alycia said:
Sometimes...REVENGE IS JUSTICE.
"And sometime, it's just killing."

Zizi smiled sadly.

Alycia said:
And they underestimate me. They always have, even BEFORE I became an amazon.
"Why do you care so much what other people think of you? We who love you - and there are so many of those - know who you are, what you can do. What does it matter what Cameron King or Black Widow think? What will it change?"

Alycia said:
I wasted so much time. First with Cameron, then Zach...and I wound up being humiliated. Some things are just not for some people...and I am not interested in wasting anymore time, or being hurt anymore over ...."affairs of the heart"
Zizi's heart sank, and ached for her friend and how much she must be hurting.

"Alycia...I hope that some day, you change your mind about that. There is someone out there who is meant to love you, that you are meant to love. Just because things don't turn out perfectly, doesn't mean they were worthless."

She tried to reassure Alycia that she was there for her, and that she would always be welcome at the Clocktower. Alycia reached out and took her hand. Zizi showed concern that she wouldn't be safe away from the Clocktower, but Alycia reassured her that she was.

Alycia said:
And they need to know that there are people out there looking for THEM too. An Amazon does not admit defeat until the last breath is crushed from her breast. Those two renegade bitches are too hasty to call this or any OTHER day theirs.
"Know you aren't the only one looking. And if you need us, we'll be here for you. All of us."

Alycia said:
I'll be alright. I just need this time. We'll see each other again soon, I promise.
"I'm going to hold you to that, or I might have to show up unannounced at Charope with incredibly fattening baked goods."

She smiled warmly, and Alycia hugged her. Zizi squeezed her tight.

Alycia said:
Thank you.
"Aw, honey - you're family. You don't have to say thank you to family."

Orion

Ambassador
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Zachary Armani
Missions
Ability
Empath
The Courthouse

Ashley: I don't want to live because you died.

He looked at her compassionately, wishing they weren't in the car, wishing he could take her into his arms and alleviate her fear of loss.

"I love you, Ash. I intend to do so for a long time, so trust me, I'll be careful. But please, my love, if you ever got hurt because I held back to save my own skin?"

He shook his head, with a grimace of disgust.

"What kind of man would that make me? Not the kind I'd like to be. Not the kind that you deserve. So I guess you'll just have to watch my back out there...."

His serious demeanor shifted to a devious smirk, and his right eyebrow lifted.

"Unless you plan to handcuff me to your bed forever."

Then they talked about Hellfire, what it was like, what Haleigh and Ava were likely dealing with, and the odds that they'd survive the decisions they'd made. Zach mentioned that Ava'd gone in to protect her sister.

Ashley: She would have done better to convince her not to go at all.

"Yeah, no joke. I'm sure they all tried. Whatever leverage Malice has on her.... whether its the extra bodies thing, or the lives of her friends, or BOTH, or something else entirely.... WHATEVER made Haleigh go to Hellfire... she's obviously committed to her decision now."

Ashley: They think they'll outsmart Malice, but they won't.

He was quite for a while, thinking it over, balancing his emotions.

"I don't think they're trying to. They keep failing the 'tests'."

He started, and then he told her about his recent encounter with Haleigh. Zach was thrown against his seatbelt by abrupt braking. He explained that Haleigh could very well have killed him, and everyone ELSE on board their chopper. Ashley was annoyed, and said so. Zach continued on to say that while Haleigh very easily could have picked their extraction team apart, instead she let them go unharmed, and that he sensed her feelings.

Ashley: If she fucking feels bad, she should just give up this whole circus. What is she even accomplishing?

Zach shook his head. It was anybody's guess what Haleigh was up to at this point.

"I've no idea. All I know is that when she's faced with a tough call, it doesn't matter how she feels, she always chooses the lesser evil."

Zach had seen that happen more times than he could count.

"Haleigh's not stupid either. All the things you just said? You can bet she's well aware of. She knows the consequences of her decisions. Everything she does is carefully calculated."

Ashley: If you say so. I think she's in over her head. And she'll push Ava's head under before she goes.

"Gods, I hope not...."

He said, wishing he could see the future. If only Alison had hung around...

Ashley: I'll be here when you're done.

Zach had slipped off his seatbelt and opened his door, but when she said that, he stopped, turning back to look at her in confusion.

"You don't want to come in? I'll warn you about the kids that bite."

Valkyrie

War
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Ashley Oldenburg
Missions
Ability
Ability to instill self-doubt, turmoil and intimidation
The Sanctuary

"I love you, Ash. I intend to do so for a long time, so trust me, I'll be careful. But please, my love, if you ever got hurt because I held back to save my own skin? What kind of man would that make me?"
The kind that wouldn't leave me here alone.

Zach said:
"Not the kind I'd like to be. Not the kind that you deserve. So I guess you'll just have to watch my back out there...."
She watched the road ahead of her intently, willing herself not to get upset again.

"You're not in my phone as 'Nice Ass' for nothing."

She managed to croak it out with only a slight waver in her voice.

Zach said:
"Unless you plan to handcuff me to your bed forever."
She smiled and shifted one eye towards him.

"It's a thought. But then who would bring me breakfast in bed?"

They discussed Hellfire, and Ashley told him they wouldn't be able to outsmart Malice.

Zach said:
"I don't think they're trying to. They keep failing the 'tests'."
Ashley shook her head, exasperated by the whole thing.

"Then what is the point of all of this chaos?!"

She turned her head towards him for a moment to give him a look before turning back to the road.

"I mean, seriously! HAVE they fallen in with a chaos god or something, because that's actually looking more likely right now than that they have any CLUE of what they're playing at."

They parked at the Sanctuary, and Ashley told him she would be there where he was finished with his visit.

Zach said:
"You don't want to come in?"
She returned his confused look with one of her own.

"Well I...I just assumed you'd want to be alone with Jake, that you wouldn't want me..."

She nodded towards the Sanctuary.

Zach said:
"I'll warn you about the kids that bite."
"Oh don't worry about that..."

She opened her car door.

"So do I."

Seer

The Watcher
Residence
every place
Missions
And so

<< As Zach and Ashley head toward the orphanage house of the sanctuary, they are met by Dominique, Sharon and Richard.>>

<< Dominique informs Zach that he will be allowed to see Jake, supervised.>>

<< As they prepare to lead him the designated meeting area, Sharon points up, they all see DOME passing over the Secret Garden, heading in the direction of The Charope building.>>

---------------------------

<< a field that secretly houses the landing pad for DOME parts ways, and soon, Alycia lands, and the landing pad itself lowers underground.>>

<< Minutes later later, Alycia emerges from an elevator inside Charope.>>

<< The changes that Tachyon made for her throughout the building are apparent, and soothing, as well as a REMINDER of HIM, and his strong display of support.>>

<< She leans against the wall for a moment, looking up and shutting her eyes tightly.>>

<< Oracle asked her what was more important, what would be more beneficial to her, vengeance, or discovering happiness? several weeks ago, she would have immediately pointed to happiness, but NOW? Oracle was right, something in Alycia HAD snapped, her HEART had broken, and like Rose, she'd suffered one too many blows. NOW? VENGEANCE was what she craved...and sometimes, justice IS revenge.>>

<< She KNOWS that they'd stand in her way, which is why she's returned here. The sparks of what will become a massive FIRE of justice are already crackling in her heart and mind, and soon, they will EXPLODE in a blaze that neither Cameron, Black Widow or Persephone would be expecting.>>

<< The amazon activates the building's security and defenses, and slowly makes her way up to her office. Inside, she stands by her desk, holding Bianca Ceasul's card in her hand.>>

Alycia: I think I know how to get the ball rolling.

<< she looks toward a window, which offers an elevated view of the area where Charope is located>>

Alycia: I'll have my revenge. I'll destroy ALL three of them. Their destruction will be my salvation. I'll be HAPPY then, and it'll be the DOOM of anyone who tries to keep me from that goal!

<< She leaves the card on her desk, along with the file she had on Dennis Nedry. She then makes her way to the top floor where her luxury apartment is housed. We see her removing her clothes, as she makes her way into the large bathroom's shower chamber for a long, hot, steamy shower.>>

--------------------------------------------

<< On Aerie>>

<< Rose lays in the guest chamber provided by Harbinger. After making sure she was settled, Karen and Rae exit and are now in a long hallway that is lined with evenly spaced statues. They stare at each other for a moment.>>

Karen: We havent seen each other since the days of Westin Hills, Rae, when I was still married to Christopher. Who would have imagined, that this is how we would see each other again?

<< It seemed that Minerva's Aerie WAS a place where anything could happen, and probably would, including the most improbable reunions, but what did this mean? The mystery of Rae now expanded beyond her connection to Rose, to include a past with Karen Victoria.>>

<< A lingering view of the slumbering Rose>>

<< Rose, a terrifying reminder that no matter how powerful a person may be, even the strongest tree will bend, and eventually BREAK under pressure.>>

<< Rose is a reminder that no one is an island, and that complexities of mental health are often misunderstood by even by the "gifted.">>

<< But after all trauma and grief, and near destruction, Rose is finally free. Still, ever transition has it's period of uncertainty, and just as we are watching Alycia's slow transition into a very dark and unforgiving place, we witness Rose on the cusp of her transition. What will she emerge as when she finally wakes up, FREE of that demonic psychic creature?>>

<< When Rose returns, will Rae follow her? Will the Birds of Prey be seeing more of her? Will Rose be a FRIEND and Ally to the Birds of Prey after all that's happened?>>

<< We'll watch and see.>>

Status
Not open for further replies.