1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trailer for racial themed horror film, "Get out"

Discussion in 'Big Screen' started by Carol Peletier, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Carol Peletier

Carol Peletier Look at the flowers... Staff Member Contributing Member

Jordan Peele debuts trailer for racial themed horror film

--------------------

This looks like it'll be interesting, & I think the idea for the narrative is a very good one.

2. Bateman

Bateman Rising Star Contributing Member

Eh. I think it's Stepford Wives for the modern age. It's just going to be a modern day slavery tale. The trailer really gave it all away. I heard so much about this but I thought there was too much shown in the trailer.

3. Carol Peletier

The original Stepford Wives was a lot more unsettling than the remake w/ Nicole Kidman. I still get mad that I wasted $ to see that LOL.

Today was my first time hearing about this, so I had no prior knowledge about the film. I do think Peele's stated premise is a good narrative for a horror movie b/c in America, it can be a horrifying experience for a black person or other minorities.

I haven't really been interested in going to see a horror movie since 'It Follows' (& that was only b/c that film was shot in Detroit, where I'm from, I actually recognized many of the areas in the film & they DID film in the city rather than the surrounding suburbs), so I'll give this a try.

4. Bateman

The only thing unsettling about that #!%&#@! Stepford Wives remake was the whole #!%&#@! movie. Oh my word. Oh my word! I think that was probably worse than the #!%&#@! Bewitched movie... And don't get me started on It Follows either as everyone said how great that was and I was wholly unimpressed.

I do like the idea of the "slave" auction being bingo though. That did make me chuckle a bit on Get Out trailer.

Carol Peletier likes this.
  5. Carol Peletier

No....I don't think ANYTHING in the last 15 yrs could be considered WORSE than that piece of crap Bewitched movie :eek: I love that show & have several seasons on DVD that I still watch. Let me tell you...I actually got my (discounted) movie ticket inside the season 1 DVD, it was part of the promo @ the time. Even w/ that discounted ticket...I STILL felt like I got ROBBED after seeing that AWFUL film. EVERYONE involved in making that film needed their ass whooped! :mad:

See, I'm glad I perceived that "bingo" scene in "Get out" the same way you did, apparently. I thought it was creepy. & I definitely can see that the "staff" that the couple hired must've been lobotomized or something. :confused:

6. Bateman

No, they were hypnotized. Remember in the opening when the mother hypnotized him?