1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Week 10: Inferno Begins (1/26/14)

Discussion in 'The Six Discussion Group' started by Clara Oswald, Jan 27, 2014.

1. MorningStar Flash...bang! The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Delilah Trelaven
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Transducing Light into Sound (and vice versa)
    Missions:
    We see Ororo's garden:

:: she appeared right in front of her massive oak...the center piece and focal point of her beautiful garden of eden. this was the first object she created..when she overcame Belasco's hold on her...and it stood now..as a massive majestic symbol of life and triumph in a realm blighted by evil and chaos.::

and the dark side of Spellbinder:

<< a pentagram of silver mystic flame appeared in the sky...raging and flaming against the winds...as it sparkled and shimmered...GROWING it its width and circumference....until finally in a foundation shaking BOOM...a stepping disc TEARS OPEN through the fabric of time and space...the disc is far larger than anyone from the six had EVER seen Morgan manifest....and its POWERFUL VORTEX begans sweeping up ALL demons from all around. of ALL sizes, shapes, strength levels, winged, flightless...ALL variations. the seemingly ENDLESS hoards of demons now crossing over from Limbo...to the UNSUSPECTING populace..of NYC!. the dramatic, POWERFUL shifting in Limbo's upper "atmosphere" causes the entire realm to shake and rumble....as the demons continue to pour through to EARTH>>

This week's playing threads are:

The Inferno Crisis: Broken Restraints...and Bodies
    The Inferno Crisis: Hell on earth!

Some possible jumping off points for discussion (feel free to answer some or none of these):

• So why does ORORO hate Haleigh and Cameron?
    • Does Cameron still have the power to see the dead?
    • Is there a divide in the 6, between Haleigh-Alexis-Cameron (and possibly Blaze) and Morgan-Alison?
    • – when did that happen?!
    • Would Firebird have made the same choice Foxfire did (between Morgan & the others)?
    • Is Alison as Erika says, the heart of the Six?
    • Who was your favorite character in this group of threads?
    • What was your favorite thing about this group of threads?
    • What did you learn by re-reading that you didn't remember?

Feel free to add your own comments and pose questions to the others. Discuss!

Carol Peletier: I need to tell you that you did a REALLY great job w/ creating these discussion threads! This is a nice companion piece to the game play threads.
    Carol Peletier likes this.
  2. Prophet White King Hellfire Club Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Cameron King
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Telepathy, Psionic, Telekinetic, Empathy, Flash Premonition
    Missions:
    :rolleyes: to this whole section of reading lol. I seriously cant read any of my posts. They just make me sick because they are so bad lol. I am REALLY cringing here.

Honestly sometimes I read our characters and they come off like parody versions of themselves. It's hysterical...and PAINFUL to read.

I enjoyed Erika in this storyline and the moment that she shared with Alison in the Spirit Realm and I think she really held herself together well during this time.

I think Cameron in this thread just kind of reached his breaking point with Morgan and kindof stopped caring about whether or not he lived or died, as long as he was obstinate to Morgan until the end. Everytime he turned around Cameron was getting shit from somebody..

And really, again...I will KEEP saying it until it is acknowledged LOL : How much of him is EVER drawing the first blood...and how much of him is REACTING to the poor attitudes and harsh words of the others. I feel like why Morgan and Cameron hated each other was so much was that she hated men and she was trying to get him to SUBMIT to her. To humiliate him in the way that she wanted to humiliate her father. But when I read back...Cameron wasn't even AGGRESSIVE at her in their first meeting. MORGAN lost control and Cameron tried to use his powers to figure out what was going on and then he confronted her about it lol....From THAT moment on she just HATED him and ALISON followed suit because well...those two seemed to share a BRAIN for a small period of time LOL :haha:

I think what the problem that I had with the Inferno...is that Alison wasn't so much as a support system for Morgan so much as an enabler of her ANGER. Morgan was literally INSANE and instead of Alison taking her out of the line of duty or doing something different...Alison just kind of went along with Morgan's crazy ass actions and then backed them up...I think this just built it up in Morgan's head that she was right... Because REALLY here? For as BAD as Cameron and Haleigh were? MORGAN was no better...insane or not...and Morgan was LARGELY aggressive from the moment she step FOOT in the game, which INSTANTLY made EVERYBODY have a very polarizing stance on her...and I think that is KEY because if you look...while the others DIDNT get along all the time...Alexis, Cameron, Haleigh and Blaze seemed to be able to hold it together with each OTHER far longer than whenever they were paired with Morgan and Alison.

I don't know...I always thought that Morgan and KAREN especially blaming The Inferno on Haleigh and Cameron was a little ridiculous...To be honest...I kind of blame the people that were CLOSER to her for what happened....

AGAIN...I'm not saying that Cameron and Haleigh didn't play their part...but I think the LARGER factors were the people holding her hand and co-signing her every action.

Discussion Questions:

[*]So why does ORORO hate Haleigh and Cameron?

I don't really think she hated them but since she is the Keeper of The Six and since this situation happened when tensions were at an ALL time high, I think she reacted accordingly, already knowing the strain in relationship that Morgan had with Haleigh and Cameron.

[*]Does Cameron still have the power to see the dead?

Technically he does...it's one of his mystical accents that he carries, which makes him similar to BLAZE in that aspect...but Cameron doesn't really LIKE to engage in many mystical parts of himself...and it hasn't really come UP in the story. But YES...he still has the capability.

[*]Is there a divide in the 6, between Haleigh-Alexis-Cameron (and possibly Blaze) and Morgan and Alison?

There BECAME one...but Alexis and Blaze were flip floppers....well mostly Blaze. I think Alexis made her decisions on a case by case basis...she was an opportunist and whoever she thought had the upper hand I think she went with that side. She was nothing if not resourceful. Blaze vacillates between wanting to be up Haleigh's ass and wanting to be up Morgan's ASS and that was something that bothered me. Her loyalties switched from one moment to the next. Cameron and Haleigh ARE such a strong alliance because WHO ELSE did they have? Blaze and Alexis couldn't be counted on, and the LEADERS of the team essentially wanted nothing to do with and plotted their deaths. They NEEDED each other. Without that...they wouldn't have survived...well...Cameron probably wouldn't have :haha:

[*]Alison had been mistreated by Cameron, Haleigh and even Erika.

Yeah...WHO KNOWS...especially ERIKA because that girl did NOTHING but try and get Alison on her side and she was NOT having it. She IMMEDIATELY disliked Cameron and Haleigh and IMMEDIATELY went after them. Everybody ELSE had JUST as polarizing personalities, it is just that Alexis and Blaze were more easily pacified. Cameron and Haleigh's biggest fault was that they were NOT. So, yeah...that's CRAZY :haha: Alison was the BIGGEST BITCH IN THE SIX for a LONG TIME lol. ANYTHING anybody did to her was DESERVED :haha:

[*]Would Firebird have made the same choice Foxfire did (between Morgan & The Others)?

I think if FIREBIRD would have been there from the get go, The Inferno might not have happened. I could have seen Firebird actually BUILDING a bridge and being GRATEFUL that those people who didn't KNOW her came to her rescue in the Citadel, she would have HELPED Morgan and been less nefarious than Foxfire. Firebird could have been a GAME CHANGER.

[*]Is Alison, as Erika says, the heart of the Six?

You know as time goes by and you see the relationships and such change? I don't know if Alison is the HEART of the Six...maybe the mind? maybe the LAW...but I think Haleigh and Cameron are largely the heart of the Six as strange as that sounds.

[*]Who was your favorite character in this group of threads?

Bleck...maybe Alexis because she was the LEAST annoying LOL...

[*]What was your favorite thing about this group of threads?

I liked the moment between Erika and Alison and I liked that it was the first appearance of KAREN in the Six...I also liked that Vivica was seen...and that she seems to have different powers everytime she shows up...just WAIT until she is some crazy CIA Operative LOL (I was watching a lot of ALIAS at the time).

[*]What did you learn by re-reading that you didn't remember?

I really had forgotten just HOW BAD it was between The Six. I knew it was bad...but at some points you just want to be like "CAMERON SHUT THE FUCK UP" or "SERIOUSLY?! ORORO JUST STOP HER ALREADY!" :haha:

3. MorningStar Flash...bang! The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Delilah Trelaven
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Transducing Light into Sound (and vice versa)
    Missions:
    Agree - there are some lines that are just too good lol. (The Inferno upon them and Blaze being worried about the kiss with Alexis comes to mind.)

BUT I don’t think it’s as bad as people probably think themselves are. Everyone has improved by writing most days for the past 8 years. Also, I don’t think we thought of it as as much of a story back then as we do now. Then it was an advanced RPG.

I really liked Kelly as a villain…not so much with Erika. She was a little “good girl” but I think if she’d stuck around longer she would have evened out. I think it’s hard when you’re only playing a character for a storyline or two.

I also find it difficult to see how Haleigh and Cameron drove Morgan over the edge BUT at the time she was batshit crazy, so it probably doesn’t really have to make sense lol

The thing that gets me about Karen is that THEN she seemed darker than NOW when she’s let dark magick taint her lol

I also decided in this group of threads that I want to see Ororo vs Hecate

4. Prophet White King Hellfire Club Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Cameron King
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Telepathy, Psionic, Telekinetic, Empathy, Flash Premonition
    Missions:
    Yeah when Karen FIRST arrived it had this very kind of "the clouds darken and the wind blows" kind of feel to it, and she was very aggressive.

But I think that had to do with the fact of what was going on with her daughter at the time, and it highlighted what we later found out to be true about Karen later on and her capacity for darkness.

5. Spellbinder Bitchcraft The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Morgan
    Residence:
    Limbo
    Ability:
    Stepping Discs; Flight ; Magick -Sorceress Supreme
    Missions:
    W/ regard to Ororo appearing to hate Cameron & Haleigh, i think this sums it up:

Haleigh really had a wake up call after Ororo saved her soul from completely dispersing when Spellbinder olbliterated her body.

Ororo found her & Cameron especially to be rather careless & disrespectful but she was also disappointed w/ ALL of the Six.

[*]Is there a divide in the 6, between Haleigh-Alexis-Cameron (and possibly Blaze) and Morgan and Alison?

yes, one did form. Morgan & Alison were a tight unit from the start. For many stated & implied reasons they despised Haleigh & Cameron & tried to harm them on more than one occassion, this naturally forced Haleigh & Cameron together to become the polar opposite of Morgan & Alison. Poor Alexis was definitely caught in the middle. As bad a bitch as she thought she was...i dont think she was prepared for the LENGTHS Morgan & Alison would go to to humiliate or batter someone they didnt like. Blaze came to surprise & bother ME b/c *I* felt like after how TIGHT they were in Valiant (supporting each other even IF they might have been wrong, they stood as UNITED FRONT against the others, who were brutal to both of them) & all that Morgan did to save her from the Citadle, to seeher start switching back & forth like this was very disturbing to me. Overall, in some ways, I liked the "power struggle" but more often than not, i think we all wasted too much time on that dynamic & it took away from progress the characters could've made in a more efficient fashion. But what did WE know? :p we were all coming from different places back then.

Now, FIREBIRD would have stayed firmly on Morgan's side...until Morgan began attacking people, then she would have stood in the gap & as Brandon said, build a bridge. IF she saw someone else's point of view & knew it to be TRUE, she would advocate for them, but she'd NEVER flat out turn on her sister, especially not for something like "group politics".

[*]Alison had been mistreated by Cameron, Haleigh and even Erika.

I believe Ororo was coming from the direction that Erika was becoming increasingly judgemental of Alison b/c she channeled DARK MAGICK. That was something Erika was very much against & she had pointed out in the previous story that she didnt approve of the magick Morgan & Alison used OR the way they used it. That was an to Alison as far as she was concerned, especially coming from a woman she didnt know (or have memory of b/c of THAT woman's manipulations). Cameron & Haleigh frequently mocked Alison & then disregarded her warnings of what was coming. Back then, hardly anyone, except Blaze, Morgan, Delilah & Alexis really respected Alison's precognition. it seemed that they just assumed she was trying to scare them into backing off of Morgan.

Ororo felt that they were being foolish & foolhardy.

Alison made mistakes. Her downfall during this period was that suddenly she had family falling from the sky into her lap & she wasn't prepared for it & didn't want to deal with it. By this time, she'd already created the life she wanted, had the friends/family/connections she wanted. Cameron was a waste of space to her & Erika was beyond annoying & infuriating. But her complete unwillingness to accept either of them or give them a chance/help prooved to be a big mistake, which is why she went into DOUBLE TIME to try to protect /rescue who she could during Spellbinder's initial attack against them in Limbo.

Alison's judgement was completely colored by her feelings of contempt toward Cameron, Erika & Haleigh.

I'd even say that she was so wrapped up in her own need to remain apart from them or to be RID of them that she ended up failingMorgan. Even though she "saw" what was coming for Morgan & the rest of them...she was just SO put off by the others & how stupid & (as far as she was concerned) WEAK they were that she missed the mark. She didn't want them there...but to be fair...it wasn't like they didn't provide her w/ any NUMBER of reasons why they SHOULDN'T be there :haha:

By the time she showed Blaze exactly what was coming, reading that again & reading these threads now, I think kit can be said that she KNEW she was in over her head @ this point & that she'd waited too long...wasted too much time. THIS is why she left to go get Ororo, which ended up making all the difference, but there was definitely MORE she could've done leading up to the start of the Inferno.

[*]Would Firebird have made the same choice Foxfire did (between Morgan & The Others)?

Firebird would have handled this in a completely different way & she would've been better able to defend herself from Spellbinder if it had come down to that. SHE would've been the "heart" of the team & the much needed glue @ that time & she would not only have done all she could to stop Morgan BEFORE she got started, but also call out those who needed it.

[*]Is Alison, as Erika says, the heart of the Six?

I agree w/ Brandon. She was more of the "mind" or definitely the LAW :haha: Heart? not so much...after all, she changed her last name to MARBLE for a reason.

[*]Who was your favorite character in this group of threads?

Erika, Ororo. I really do think Erika held herself together well & it was a fortunate thing that she carried over into the Inferno. Ororo was the guide/leader/stabilizer they needed b/c by now, they were ALL in various states of shock after what Spellbinder had done. Nobody was willing to really test or challenge Ororo, except CAMERON...but when did he EVER know better? :haha:

[*]What was your favorite thing about this group of threads?

This marks Karen's first "on panel" appearence. She emerged from HIDING (via Clandestine Inc) as her daughter was bringing hell to earth. Again, as Brandon pointed out, there was an appearence by Vivica, which reminded me just how far back the character does go :nod:

Karen had emerged from hiding, which itself was brought on by Christopher terrorizing her. She had been forever changed, just as her daughter had even before the Inferno began. I think what's interesting to see is that she was not aware just HOW MUCH she'd been effected & changed. It was easy for her to see the danger & less than sterling qualities about Cameron & Haleigh, b/c they had PLENTY & they displayed them w/ PRIDE almost. But Karen didn't realize her own dark accents & capacity for aggression & even cruelty.

This would be seen many times in mainstream until FINALLY the group goes on the cross time caper & sees not one...but 2 examples of Shadow Weaver unleashing her muderous wrath & exacting vengeance in such a way that one can no longer blame Morgan's dark tendencies SOLELY on Christopher or even her magick. Her MOTHER had them as well.

The fact that she seems CALMER & more "Centered" AFTER becoming Shadow Weaver in MAINSTREAM is what I always thought was interesting. Haleigh pointed out & framed Karen's capacity for violence & even murder during the crosstime caper that no one else had thought of (or dared to say aloud) before & THEN when they come BACK to mainstream, Karen becomes Shadow Weaver but seems to become CALMER & more effective b/c of it. I thought it was rather ironic! :nod:

[*]What did you learn by re-reading that you didn't remember?

Alison's powers were defined different back then. Blaze was quite critical of Morgan back then & was hard for me to follow. The team was definitely in a state of emotional distress. Morgan raining Limbo's HELL down on NYC was kind of like a conductor conducting a symphony. Earlier interactions between Ororo & Erika. Erika was the ideal candidate for Ororo's apprentice based off of their moments here :nod:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014