1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Week 11: Kill Cameron!

Discussion in 'The Six Discussion Group' started by Clara Oswald, Nov 9, 2016.

1. MorningStar Flash...bang! The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Delilah Trelaven
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Transducing Light into Sound (and vice versa)
    Missions:
    Morgan lost it:

By destroying the baby Cameron..not only will i have my revenge TWO FOLD in that his adult form will be lost...but his sister ERIKA will learn the error of her ways for DARING to cross me. Haleigh will be broken hearted..making it EASIER to take her apart piece by piece...I will have my revenge upon them ALL!!

And destroyed New York:

::the human screams were now more whispery in the wind...as the city seemed to bow and accept being overrun with magick...as the buildings looked ancient and demonic....with smiling demonic faces leering out...and enchanted objects randomly flew through the air... there were downed power lines...burning cars...and dead bodies all around...::

This week's playing threads are:

https://amalgam.zone/threads/the-inferno-crisis-heart-of-darkness.389/
    https://amalgam.zone/threads/the-inferno-crisis-pandoras-box.427/

Some possible jumping off points for discussion (feel free to answer some or none of these):
    • Do you think the Six thought that Morgan could be saved?
    • Do you think Erika saw something in Karen the others didn't yet see?
    • Do you think that Morgan hated Cameron, as Alison said, for no other reason then he was a man? Have he and Morgan worked out their problems, or do these issues still linger today?
    • How has Cameron changed since this storyline? Is he still afraid of death? Would he act differently if he could go back?
    • Ororo says Morgan is the most bitter and vengeful of the Trinity - do you think that's true?
    • Do Cameron and Haleigh deserve Karen and Alison's blame?
    • Is magick an addiction?
    • Did the Six respect Erika after this caper?
    • What makes Black such an imposing foe?
    • Were you surprised that Karen condoned letting Morgan kill Haleigh & Cameron in order to save the rest of them?
    • How could Foxfire see in the dark?
    • Do you think Alison is more sympathetic to Erika than Cameron?
    • Is Morgan a monster?
    • Are bon bon babies the new Mannequins?
    • Does Cameron feel inferior to the others at this point?
    • Trivia: how many dfferent colors are Blaze's eyes in the second thread?
    • If Karen looked like Samantha Stevens riding her broom, does that make Alison the cat?
    Feel free to add your own comments and pose questions to the others. Discuss!

It was hilarious that Ororo worried about destroying Morgan's possessions lol! The multiple references to Charmed are interesting lol, and I'm not sure who made the worst mannequin pun. I never noticed the Foxfire obsession with Alexis before. I also didn't remember that Alexis could absorb abilities, and it was funny that Alexis gets turned into a statue.

I liked that we saw Shades of modern Cam when he yells at Blaze and tries to take charge. I also liked seeing the origins of Morgan's soul shard spell that we then saw in the dream storyline.

This was really funny:

Carol Peletier likes this.
  2. Prophet Psychosis The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Cameron King
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Telepathy, Psionic, Telekinetic, Empathy, Flash Premonition
    Missions:
    It's clear in reading this that we were all still getting our sea legs in terms of how we play now. It was all very "most powerful attack you have and insert bitchy catchphrase here" so while that was a little rough to read, overall I liked it.

I had forgotten how STRONG Erika was in this storyline, and while her dialogue makes me totally cringe, she just DIDNT back down, she fought and fought and fought, and I did like that she followed more of a craft/charmed mentality. I forgot that I had patterned her partly after Paige, made her a water elemental as well as a witch. It's interesting because this really foreshadows what happened to her. Eventually she goes off to train with Ororo in Limbo, but I think Black did a number on her, and she used dark aspects of her power, something she was convinced would turn her evil and I think it did. She never wanted to channel dark magick because she saw what it did to her mother and her sister. All in all, I think The Six would have been toast without her. If anything this inspires me to revisit her (because you know I love a comeback! LOL)

I think Cameron took the brunt of things because he was a man for sure. Morgan had survived her father and Black and here was this reminder of them in Cameron. They were doomed from the start. I think this story also really highlights what happened between Cameron and Alison in the dream story. He immediately was remorseful for what happened, he cared for Alison, he wanted his family to live, HE wanted to live, but he ended up goading Morgan to give the others a chance, even if he died.

I think this storyline is where he started to change but he disappeared after wards despite Ororo saying he should stay because he looked at what happened and blamed himself, and thought that he was the cancer of the team, that without him, they would be better. Even Erika who annoyed everybody with her martyrdom and good nature was more accepted because she was a witch and powerful. She stood against Black and lived, so once again it made Cameron feel like he would never be good enough for his sisters or for The Six. This is what I've been struggling with in the current storyline because even though Morgan and Cameron have come so far, I think he still resents her and the rest of the team. We have Jasmine who's arrived and everybody is so quick to tell him that he had so many chances, but did he really? His place on the team now was a HARD FOUGHT battle. The only people who accepted him back into the fold were Delilah who hadn't been there for the inferno and Sharon, and this is after his sister tortured and killed him by way of Malice. Then he finds out that The Six have entered an alliance with Malice. So it kind of feels to Cameron like all this paump and circumstance afforded to Frost is unwarranted and not fair, and he feels conflicted because obviously they've all matured and do things differently...this is how they should have treated Cameron when he was pulled back from death and Barbas, but he can't say anything about those feelings because he would appear ungrateful, which he's not.

I think Cameron really still struggles with his place in the team and I think when Morgan came back to earth in the dream storyline it brought a lot of it back up. Unless he's perfect, he gets punished for who he used to be, and I think Morgan represents a lot of that to him because she was the leader of the team for so long, and she's always struggled with their relationship.

I think Cameron agrees with Erika that magick is an addiction, just look at someone like Circe. He thinks that much of wielded magick is protecting your power and gaining more, and where is the limit?

THOSE MANNEQUINS LOL!

I think Karen and Alison were just reflexively trying to come up with SOME way of rationalizing the situation, but at the end of the day, I feel like it is something that has done Morgan a disservice because it's almost like she got away with it. She's definitely taken accountability for it all, but I think Morgan took less of a personal hit in the Inferno than Cameron and Haleigh. More people seemed to understand why she did it, at least. Suffice it to say, they've ALL come such a long way from where they were but this was really the first story where we can see somewhat of a shit from BATTLE RPG to storytelling. It wasn't perfect yet and won't be for a long time, but we were finally testing relationships and thinking about the inner workings of our characters, and thankfully we've been able to make a lot of it, not all, but a lot of it hold up and make sense!

3. MorningStar Flash...bang! The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Delilah Trelaven
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Missions:
    I think that's an interesting point about Cameron having to be perfect or he's blamed for his past.

:)

4. Spellbinder Bitchcraft The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Morgan
    Residence:
    Limbo
    Ability:
    Stepping Discs; Flight ; Magick -Sorceress Supreme
    Missions:
    Great opening post, MS :)

I was reminded of Sam's playing style w/ Alexis. She was willing wade in & FIGHT.

It's odd to read Foxfire's posts. I never went THIS far back to mine posts when I took over Firebird, but I see a few hints of Firebird in Foxfire's posts in some some moments, but in other moments I can't help but groan.

I hate that I didn't have a narrator account in the earliest days of the six :( it bothers me to read my posts that have game direction in them on top of my own character's narratives lol.

The Mannequins were ripped from the Excalibur Inferno cross over :D It was one of the most interesting & memorable things about their being pulled into the inferno, especially the mannequin that switched places w/ Phoenix III, & all the civilians becoming their own version of "starship troopers" trying to cut them down. I really wanted to use them, & this was the right time!

She was VERY intrsumental in the Six's journey to face Spellbinder. She may have been annoying to Alison & certain others, but her powers were VERY useful & she herself helped close the gap created Spellbinder.

I think at this time, Alison WAS more sympathetic to Erika b/c she was doing what she felt was a THANKFLESS Job. the horrible thing is that I can totally see that Alison was not TERRIBLY convinced Cameron should be saved. the distress that Alison must have been in during this period. She was forced to go into another mode. She may not have known at the time, but Erika did her a HUGE favor, taking over the surviving King/Marble dynamic the way she did b/c Alison simply wasn't ready to be there for Cameron. I can look at the way her backstory is framed NOW & see why it came across this way THEN. But things have changed so much since then for the charcter, & I'm glad for that.

One curious detail I noticed about Alison was that she used a "staff with curious inscriptions on it" during one of her attacks...this was like the precursor to the Time Staff

The city was overrun by magick, & we've since seen some of its casualties- like Millennia, & it's easy to get the sense that problems can be solved by magick. I can see why to this day, Cameron has a problem w/ magick, & female magick users.

5. MorningStar Flash...bang! The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Delilah Trelaven
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Missions:
    Oh I thought that WAS the Time Staff lol

6. Prophet Psychosis The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Cameron King
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Missions:
    I thought it was too! Lol

7. Spellbinder Bitchcraft The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Morgan
    Residence:
    Limbo
    Ability:
    Missions:
    I didn't intend it to be that, but I suppose one could argue that this was her first time tapping into THAT aspect & level of her power, before Hecate finally bestowed it upon her all those years later. it was a desparate situation she was in.

8. MorningStar Flash...bang! The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Delilah Trelaven
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Missions:
    Who was your favorite character in these threads?

9. Spellbinder Bitchcraft The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Morgan
    Residence:
    Limbo
    Ability:
    Missions:
    Blaze was really pouring it on w/ regard to Alexis, wasn't she!? I remember it started in the the climax of the Kelly King story, but it really carried over into the Inferno! :medusa: speaking of Blaze, I count 5 eye color changes, on about 1 total page of the second thread!

Prophet likes this.
  10. Spellbinder Bitchcraft The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Morgan
    Residence:
    Limbo
    Ability:
    Missions:
    anybody I wasn't playing? LOL :D seriously though, Karen OR Erika were my favs (yes, I said Erika.)

11. MorningStar Flash...bang! The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Delilah Trelaven
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Missions:
    I really liked seeing Ororo as part of the group.

I'm sorry but 5 is incorrect :D

12. Prophet Psychosis The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Cameron King
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Missions:
    I actually liked Alison in these threads, I feel like her character was the most developed and stayed true to the course of the story!

13. Spellbinder Bitchcraft The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Morgan
    Residence:
    Limbo
    Ability:
    Missions:
    The part where Ororo turned Morgan's storm spell BACK against her and her demons was pretty awesome :D

& aw damn! now im gonna have to go back & recount b/c it's gonna bother me! lol

14. MorningStar Flash...bang! The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Delilah Trelaven
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Missions:
    The other cool thing was Alexis having the energy snakes go into morgan and then blow up.

15. Rampage

Rampage The Six Contributing Member

Name:
    Nicolas King
    Residence:
    Melrose Place
    Ability:
    Telepath, Telekinetic, Mind Control, Super Strength, Durability , Healing Factor
    Missions:
    I will say that Cameron does have a burden in terms of his past. I would argue that the refreshing part of the current storyline versus previous ones (including this one) is that Delilah is really intent on holding Morgan, Alison AND Blaze accountable for what occurred.

I think that part of the issue is that Morgan and Alison feel such a need to try to be perfect that imperfection is hard to countenance. Rather than them understanding that people can disagree, it almost seems like their self-esteem is tied into acknowledgement of them not only meaning well but also perpetually knowing what is best. It will be interesting to see how they progress from that train of thought.

16. Spellbinder Bitchcraft The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Morgan
    Residence:
    Limbo
    Ability:
    Missions:
    We know Delilah wasn't a founding member of the Six, but she came when she was called for help during the Kelly King storyline. She was firmly on Morgan's side during that period. That does speak to the growth of the character (Delilah). & its at all unreasonable that she would come to that place behind what occurred in present times.

so this would point to some questions that were posed in previous discussions: was Alison an enabler of Morgan right up till the beginning of the Inferno? & in this current discussion: is Morgan a monster?

I'd say she certainly turned into one. between the astral nightmare, and her seperating from reality and restraint, she allowed herself to be transformed, bringing the darkest, most violent part of her soul to the fore front, & becoming the darkchilde. regardless of why it happened, or who the catalyst for the change was...I'd say she did turn into a monster.

She subjected her friends & family to terror, not to mention scores of innocents across the city, she even prepared to murder a baby. Can a monster be insane? I think so.

17. Arsenal The Six

Name:
    Michael Armstrong
    Residence:
    Melrose Place
    Ability:
    Baseline Max Human Ability
    Missions:
    As a Hulk fan I very much like to see the dark side and the struggle in Morgan. I hope we see more of that in the future. Seeing her (and Nicolas) embrace their darkness and be more powerful for it yet still be in control in the Dream was awesome. I am hoping that in the future we can explore how their acceptance of each other's darkness makes them both better yet also possibly more dangerous as a couple.

18. Black Widow

Scion White Queen Hellfire Club

Name:
    Haleigh Davidoff
    Residence:
    Hellfire New York
    Ability:
    Earth Elemental; Technokinesis; Strength, Resilience, and Immunity due to the TO virus
    Missions:
    First of all, sorry I'm late. :lexi:

Do you think the Six thought that Morgan could be saved?

I think SOME of them had that hope, but others didn't really cling to it, they just knew they had to STOP Morgan.

Do you think Erika saw something in Karen the others didn't yet see?

I'd say Erika had more of an open mind than some of the others, who already had a preconceived idea of what Karen would be like.

Do you think that Morgan hated Cameron, as Alison said, for no other reason then he was a man? Have he and Morgan worked out their problems, or do these issues still linger today?

In the beginning, Morgan did have more trouble with men, but I don't think that was the only reason she hated Cameron. She really despised Haleigh too, and for many of the same reasons. They opposed her often, and none of the Six really showed each other much respect in the early days, so that compounded EVERY thing.

How has Cameron changed since this storyline? Is he still afraid of death? Would he act differently if he could go back?

Cameron has had to face death so many times now. I'd say he's gotten USED to the idea of dying now. Cameron has definitely grown a lot, and this story is part of the beginning of that growth.

Do Cameron and Haleigh deserve Karen and Alison's blame?

Well they certainly played a part, they aren't innocent here LOL. But I think Alison and Karen are both guilty of giving Morgan forgiveness while withholding forgiveness from Cam and Haleigh.

Is magick an addiction?

That's an interesting thought. It DOES seem like there's an aspect of it that 'seduces' to some degree, and if we look at the relationship that magickal beings in the Six universe have with their powers.... magick indeed is a slippery slope.

Did the Six respect Erika after this caper?

They SHOULD lol, she put up a strong showing in this battle.

Were you surprised that Karen condoned letting Morgan kill Haleigh & Cameron in order to save the rest of them?

NAW LOL, but I WAS like 'damn bitch, you COLD!'

How could Foxfire see in the dark?

Because she just could, okay?

AUTHORIZED.

Is Morgan a monster?

Aren't they ALL, to some degree? That's one of the things I liked about this storyline. It was easy to see Cameron and Haleigh's 'darkness' in the beginning. They weren't at all trying to disguise their own dark natures. Morgan ALWAYS loathed them because of that, but here we see that Morgan has her OWN dark side, and it really gave a depth to her as a character to go through this Inferno event and have to carry it with her even to the current threads. The characters occaisionally reference 'the inferno event' and going back it's easy to see why the memory stuck with them.

Are bon bon babies the new Mannequins?

The mannequins..... I found them to be an interesting touch, given Morgan's modelling background. The six can't ALWAYS be fighting off zombies. ;)

Trivia: how many different colors are Blaze's eyes in the second thread?

OK, I'll play. I kept a tally.

In the first thread, Blaze's eyes are Green in 5 posts, Silver/metallic in 3, Yellow in 4, and Red in 1. That's four different colors in the first thread.

In the Second, they are Green in 2, Silver in 2, Yellow in 1, Red in 2, and Blue in 1. Final total by my count was FIVE different colors.

Also, fun fact: There were only two posts from Blaze in which the word 'eyes' did not appear.

Who was your favorite character in these threads?

Hard to say. Alexis and Erika both did really well. I've always liked Cameron. I enjoyed seeing Alison, and the genesis of Karen. But seeing Morgan's descent into darkness might have been my favorite thing about this story.

Blaze was really pouring it on w/ regard to Alexis, wasn't she!?

Yeah, seriously. I thought for sure Alexis was gonna get molested at some point.

19. MorningStar Flash...bang! The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Delilah Trelaven
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Missions:
    So, the answer to the trivia is 8 colors:

emerald green
    pale green
    red
    dark red
    silver
    metallic
    yellow
    blue

Thanks for playing! :p

Carol Peletier: you know what!? LOL!
  20. Black Widow

Scion White Queen Hellfire Club

Name:
    Haleigh Davidoff
    Residence:
    Hellfire New York
    Ability:
    Earth Elemental; Technokinesis; Strength, Resilience, and Immunity due to the TO virus
    Missions:
    Oh snap you literally meant how many different shades LOL. Well I concur then my count matches yours, I didn't distinguish between shades of the same color. ;)