1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Week 12: Post Inferno Therapy

Discussion in 'The Six Discussion Group' started by Clara Oswald, Nov 13, 2016.

1. MorningStar Flash...bang! The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Delilah Trelaven
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Transducing Light into Sound (and vice versa)
    Missions:
    This week, we see the aftermath of Inferno...and the first mentions of Sharon and Alycia, and the introduction of Adrian Lockhart aka BANE:

::this was different however. the destruction had come from within the group...from the one person they KNEW could do it, but still...despite Ororo's warnings and attempts at guidance fell on the deaf ears of the young and arrogant::

This week's playing threads are:

https://amalgam.zone/threads/a-new-day-has-come.454/
    https://amalgam.zone/threads/destiny-prevails-a-new-beginning.464/
    https://amalgam.zone/threads/life-or-something-like-it.469/
    https://amalgam.zone/threads/bad-reunions.470/

Some possible jumping off points for discussion (feel free to answer some or none of these):
    • Why did the team stay together after this?
    • Is there a Storm out there in the world somewhere?
    • Is Alison destined to be destroyed by the visions she can't change, or is there a way for her to overcome her feelings of failure?
    • Morgan STILL blames Cameron?
    • Should Cameron as Ororo says own his part in setting Morgan off?
    • Should Alison have saved Blaze instead of Cameron?
    • Do you think Morgan blamed Alison for choosing her own brother?
    • Did the Six only worry about Morgan's wants and needs like Erika said?
    • Do you think Cameron really wanted Morgan dead?
    • Did Alison knowingly let Haleigh die, as Haleigh thinks?
    • What ever happened to Cassandra Alluisi?
    • Was it really a good idea for Karen to bring everyone into Morgan's apartment the day after Inferno?
    • Does Cameron really not have feelings for others at this point, as Ororo says?
    • Should they have punished Morgan more for what she did?
    • Would Cameron have been better off if he had moved back to LA as he'd planned?

2. Prophet White King Hellfire Club Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Cameron King
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Telepathy, Psionic, Telekinetic, Empathy, Flash Premonition
    Missions:
    I like the fact that Alexis was a recovering alcoholic lol. I know that sounds mean but I like reading her posts where she was struggling with sobriety. Like I'm sure she was experiencing stress and pain that was so much higher than anything in her normal life, and now to be a part of something that would drive ANYBODY to drink, she keeps trying to hold it together. I liked those posts.

I hate how inconsistent I've been with Cameron in these earlier stories. One second he cares, and then he doesn't and then he does, so it's hard to gauge exactly what's going on with him and how he really feels. It's interesting to see Morgan and Alison at odds even if it's only for a second.

Looking back, Erika's demise is really rather sad. She came on so strong in the beginning and it was clear that she REALLY did love her brother. What she ended up doing to him by way of Malice must have really fucked Cameron up. I feel like if there was anybody he wouldn't want to have failed, it would have been Erika. She was so supportive, so protective and she never stopped standing up for him while trying to get him to see things in a different way. That quote of hers you posted was really good because it's so...like tragic now.

I also feel like Erika is so much more well written than Cameron at this point...I think I really had an idea of where I wanted her to go, or at least what she was all about, how she felt about things, so she comes off stronger than Cameron.

IIt's also sad to see Alison like even wondering if she should have saved Blaze. She made a personal and I believe somewhat subconscious decision to save him, and she feels like she wasn't thinking of the good of the team. It's so weird to see them so at odds with each other.

Erika standing up to Ororo like that was pretty bad ass...and I think she said things that a LOT of members of the team in the future would feel. She saw everybody coddling this woman and maximizing what she had gone through and completely minimizing what anybody else was going through. She stood up for Cameron when nobody else would.

Haleigh coming back was just weird...funny but weird lol. We just had no sense of mythology yet, or like a set of rules for the universe. We all just did whatever :p

Yeah...breakfast probably wasn't a good idea LOL. The whole sense of time feels rushed lol. "We just survived the Inferno, but here's what I'm wearing to the fancy GALA!" LOL just ridiculous!!!!!

Looking back...I thought Bane was kind of annoying, but I enjoy his posts. He was a good writer and he was pretty funny.

Shockwave: "Yes! Leave! And take your giant EGO WITH YOU!"

cut to her having sex with Adrian like five seconds later LOL.

I like the confrontation between Morgan and Cameron in Limbo. It's funny because at this point...it's like they just really hated each other. They blamed each other for what happened, and even though they were trying to make progress, when faced with each other, they just like NEEDED to have the upper hand to the point of which both of them would do almost anything to get it over the other. I like this quote.

The initial confrontation between Helena and Karen was so outrageous and out of context to me LOL. It was like all of a sudden Karen has this bitter rival who likes to fuck with her...but I LOVED the arrival of Helena..she is just such a funny BITCH to me.

Helena: "It's been quite some time since I’ve seen you Karen. You look rather dashing...as usual. Although that's not saying much for a barn yard cow like yourself."

I believe Cassandra is still alive, she just isn't used as often anymore. I always liked the character.

In terms of Cameron not having feelings, I think it's kind of the opposite...I think he was finally STARTING to see like...shit I can be a really fucked up person, and I've been alone forever, and now I'm fucking up every chance I have at having a family. So I think he's just unstable and not sure what to do with himself.

I definitely think Morgan should have been punished more. She was kind of just like set back into the world, and onto the general public LOL.

Carol Peletier likes this.
  3. Spellbinder Bitchcraft The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Morgan
    Residence:
    Limbo
    Ability:
    Stepping Discs; Flight ; Magick -Sorceress Supreme
    Missions:
    Wow! Let me just say that I didn't realize that Bane had joined the cast THIS early in the game. It's weird how I can remember plot lines but the time frame doesn't always match up for me.

The catfight between Helena & Karen was EXCELLENT! :D LOL It WAS odd & "random" in a way, but in another, it was just PERFECT b/c it got to show Karen being MESSY, it showed a glimpse of her past, & a connection w/ an emerging "new" baddie to the Six, & a hint of Christopher's legacy of being a male ho. Karen & Helena secretly NEED each other, & these catfights are like Krystle & Alexis from Dynasty! In fact, we have one coming up, right @Spencer Hastings ? :D

Alexis & Adrian! LMAO! It wasn't even a full 20 minutes before they want from "BITCH!" "ASSHOLE!" to DESK SEX! LOL!

Here's a quote from Cameron that is as accurate presently as it was then:

And the emerging Vivica wasn't bad to read either.

Why did the team stay together after this?
    I think the one big reason was that they all remembered the words Ororo said to them leading up to the Inferno. They were stronger together than they were apart...& they HAD to get past their petty squabbling to see the bigger picture, what was at stake, or their world, and they themselves would die.

Is there a Storm out there in the world somewhere?
    You picked up what I implied in earlier threads/stories, that there might be a "STORM" on mainstream earth. I DID flirt w/ the idea of them encountering a Storm but as time passed, I drifted away from that. Ororo's history from her appearance in MoE, to the Six, is so rich, having another STORM would dillute it. She's like Barbara Minerva, a unique singularity across the time stream.

Is Alison destined to be destroyed by the visions she can't change, or is there a way for her to overcome her feelings of failure?

I said as recently as the "dreamtime story" that a DEEP fear of her's is failure, and anytime there's been a vision that she's had where she couldnt see her way out of it w/ a POSITIVE outcome...it's driven her to extreme measures. She fears failure, and a loss of the ability to control the situation. This question also brings to my mind the "dangler" about her and Imagiomg....the possibility that some part of him remained within her, and could mainfest itself as a life threatening or world ending pregnancy. It's an idea that I think could be a GREAT story, but I'm still hesitant to do it b/c of what we just went through during the Blue Moon.

Morgan STILL blames Cameron?

At the time yes, she did, and for many years, she held it against Haleigh and Cameron that they provoked and pushed her over the edge. She especially blamed Cameron for Blaze's death. I'd forgotten how violent she was with Cameron even AFTER the Inferno, until I read the threads for this discussion. But even in the face of a demon sorceress in her domain, Cameron did what he does best. When he said that she could have just killed him and spared her sister..that was definitely a TRIGGER moment LOL! and had Ororo not intervened, it would have gotten ugly again. I could see why Morgan was lashing out at him, he would be living reminder of the darkest moments of her life.

Should Cameron as Ororo says own his part in setting Morgan off?
    He SHOULD have, yes. And he would, years later.

Should Alison have saved Blaze instead of Cameron?
    I think Alison was in a terrible position. Perhaps she should have just trusted Erika to save Cameron, so she could save Blaze. When I look back on these threads now, Erika did present as a capable, competent sorceress, and Alison COULD have relied on her more, if she'd been able to accept and TRUST her siblings more at that time. This may sound cold, but Alison had a closer relationship with Blaze at this time. She and Cameron were at odds, even after discovering they were brother and sister. I can imagine that Blaze (despite who was playing her) would have thought that Alison would stand in the gap in an event where Morgan couldnt, or if she had turned bad, but Alison began to "err" on the side of trying to protect Cameron moreso. We saw this start in Limbo.

Do you think Morgan blamed Alison for choosing her own brother?
    At the time, yes. I can totally see that. I think even when I was writing at this time, I was thinking Morgan wouldn't really care that Alison and Cameron were siblings. Morgan and Alison had been "sisters" to each other, they were so close, and Alison spoke of just how close and abiding their relationship was during her confrontation w/ Cameron in the "dreamtime" story. So for Morgan it must have been like "you chose HIM over ME ....or BLAZE?!" it was an UNFAIR attitude to have but this is where the characters were at the time.

Did the Six only worry about Morgan's wants and needs like Erika said?
    I think the Six were biased in favor of Morgan, and with Karen and Ororo present, that tipped the scales even more so. There was a strong narrative against the aggression of men, ANY MAN toward Morgan, Blaze or Karen and that hung on for a long time. Cameron was viewed as a burden who received a rerpieve that he probably DIDN'T DESERVE, while Morgan was viewed as fragile and needed to be "cared for."

Do you think Cameron really wanted Morgan dead?
    Yes, in his heart of hearts, he wanted her dead & if he could have gotten away w/ it, he would have done it. I dont think he ever expected her to be as powerful and as homicidal as she showed herself to be. He was used to running over people prior to meeting her, and after what she did to him, and the world around him....I do believe he would have imagined himself doing a public service , not to mention personal vengeance LOL

Did Alison knowingly let Haleigh die, as Haleigh thinks?
    That's a VERY interesting question to ponder. Even outside of these reading threads, we saw Alison use her precognition and TK to manipulate circumstances to set Haleigh and Cameron up to be cornered and (presumably) killed by ANT LIONS during the descent into the citadle. She DID facilitate them getting captured by Imagiomg. In this reading, I had to think about what was going on when I was writing Alison in those moments leading to Morgan's murder of Haleigh, & she'd tried warning them that something bad was coming. "The Elders" who were judging Haleigh in the "Destiny prevails" thread even highlighted that to Haleigh, BUT but Alison's warning didn't really go beyond that. It's not like in later years, where she'd be brutally candid w/ someone when warning them, or alerting someone to the death glow she saw, etc. I dont think she did all she COULD have. I think part of her wanted Haleigh and Cameron to reap what they were sewing, but she really didn't stop to think what she was "asking" for. Her own personal contempt, bias and feelings clouded her judgement and vision and stopped her from being more ETHICAL than she could have been.

What ever happened to Cassandra Alluisi?
    Haleigh's right hand woman! :D She lasted for a little while, didn't she? B/c I can remember Cassandra and Alycia were engaged in "Information Wars" up till Frost's arrival (at least). You can see in the "destiny prevails" thread that Haleigh cared a great deal about her, even offering to go to HELL as long as SHE was sent to heaven! What DID happen to her, @Black Widow ??

Was it really a good idea for Karen to bring everyone into Morgan's apartment the day after Inferno?
    I'll agree w/ @Havok on this one, looking back on it NOW? I don't know WHY I had that happen! LOL I mean...not even in the most horrifying, emotionally heavy stories in X-men or related titles, did I see ppl getting together RIGHT AFTER the fallout of a major disaster. I know that this kind of thing WOULD be something Karen would facilitate, but NOT RIGHT AFTER the Inferno! LOL

Does Cameron really not have feelings for others at this point, as Ororo says?
    I think Haleigh and Alexis were it for him, oh and Erika. I don't think he cared about anyone else really, as he saw them tied to Morgan.

Should they have punished Morgan more for what she did?
    What could they have done? Morgan was going to have to live FOREVER w/ the fact that she caused her sister's death. That, to me, was an APT punishment. And she's spent the years following the inferno paying penance, and taking actions to try and balance the scales.

This is one of those things that I can compare to what happened to Dark Phoenix or the Scarlet Witch after the disasters they caused, or even Magik & the Inferno in Marvel. Jean's original fate (a psychic lobotomy at the hands of the sh'iar ) was deemed "not enough" by the editor-in-chief at the time, & that's why we got the ending we all know of - her committing suicide; the Scarlet Witch, after depowering 98% of the earth's mutant population (not to mention murdering half a dozen of her fellow avengers) during one HELL of a fit of insanity, faded into obscurity, living life as a depowered amnesiac woman in a gypsy town. When she finally returned to the forefront, after several major aftershocks (storylines) she was doing the same thing Morgan was doing- WHATEVER IT TOOK to balance the scales. Some people accepted that , others could not but she was able to live and eventually "redeem" herself. MAGIK, used all her power to simply REMOVE herself from the eye of the storm, and thus, STOPPED Limbo from annexing the earth. She ended up spending a "LIFETIME" in Limbo as a souless shell, until (ironically) the events of the Scarlet Witch's "HOUSE OF M" managed to bring her back. I say all that to say that those were the things I had in mind about how Morgan's aftermath should be, & i decided that carrying this burden, this guilt and shame of "being a monster" & having to find ways to balance the scales, along w/ living w/ knowing she caused her sister's death, would be punishment enough. She ended up "dying" during the battle of master mold, & I think if nothing ELSE, that, along w/ her confrontation w/ Bianca on top of the Empire State Building, would mark the full circle of her punishment from the Inferno.

Would Cameron have been better off if he had moved back to LA as he'd planned?

Possibly. One might say that together, he and Erika could have avoided or fended off Malice, and he could have had more time to get himself together (one of the 12 times this would have happened? LOL) . But I think ultimately, he stayed b/c he had to. They all did.

4. Prophet White King Hellfire Club Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Cameron King
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Telepathy, Psionic, Telekinetic, Empathy, Flash Premonition
    Missions:
    Ugh...I just realized soon is the story arc I spent trying to make Vivica a secret agent who's known about the six all along... *CRINGE* can we skip that? I was just super into Alias at the time and wanted a spy character!!!! LOL

Persephone likes this.
  5. MorningStar Flash...bang! The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Delilah Trelaven
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Missions:
    Well, they COULD have been, you know, MAD at her :D

If we have to read MY first posts, we have to read those :p

Black Widow likes this.
  6. Spellbinder Bitchcraft The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Morgan
    Residence:
    Limbo
    Ability:
    Stepping Discs; Flight ; Magick -Sorceress Supreme
    Missions:
    you're just saying that b/c of the Blue Moon! :p :D

Black Widow likes this.
  7. MorningStar Flash...bang! The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Delilah Trelaven
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Missions:
    Yeah, it was about time someone was mad at her!! :p

Black Widow: Haleigh was mad at her from day ONE practically LOL
    Black Widow likes this.
  8. Black Widow

Scion White Queen Hellfire Club

Name:
    Haleigh Davidoff
    Residence:
    Hellfire New York
    Ability:
    Earth Elemental; Technokinesis; Strength, Resilience, and Immunity due to the TO virus
    Missions:
    Why did the team stay together after this?

I think at this point they were still just in 'fake it til you make it' mode. They'd been told it was their destiny, and some of them believed it more than others.

Is Alison destined to be destroyed by the visions she can't change, or is there a way for her to overcome her feelings of failure?

That has been an eternal struggle for Alison, and one of the most interesting things about her. She has always presented her visions of the 'most likely' time thread as the future 'facts', to the frustration of some of the other characters, who are adamant that Alison's visions exist so that they can be changed.

Morgan STILL blames Cameron?

OF COURSE! The Inferno WAS all Cameron's fault!

Should Cameron as Ororo says own his part in setting Morgan off?

Oh yes definitely. I think there were many characters that SHOULD have owned their personal contributions to that event. Cameron and Haleigh got a LOT shoveled onto them in the aftermath, but honestly every one of them had a part.

Should Alison have saved Blaze instead of Cameron?

I don't think we can necessarily say one should be saved over the other [unless that character just plain needs to be scrapped]. Alison saved her own brother, and that alone was the very beginning of the rebuilding of their relationship. Nothing would have been gained [to that degree] from her saving Blaze instead.

Do you think Morgan blamed Alison for choosing her own brother?

Ooh, interesting. Morgan DID have a knack for passing the buck.

Do you think Cameron really wanted Morgan dead?

To some extent, yeah, he probably did. In the early days they all ACTUALLY hated each other on principle.

Did Alison knowingly let Haleigh die, as Haleigh thinks?

See my answer above. ;)

What ever happened to Cassandra Alluisi?

Haleigh's best friend and partner before she joined the Six! She kind of fell off the radar for a while, didn't she?

She's still an active part of Haleigh's company. I think I retconned it so that she was the CEO of the LCI side of things, which is the opposite of what this SL establishes lol. She's got a history of subbing in for Haleigh wrt company business, so we'll see her again form time to time, but when I fleshed out the Clandestine company roster, I switched her over because it made more sense to have Haleigh helm Clandestine and C.A. to run Liquid Crystal. She's even got a codename now: Infrared.

Was it really a good idea for Karen to bring everyone into Morgan's apartment the day after Inferno?

Naw lol. But I think this was back on the old battle RPG structure we were used to, and we were still shifting to our current format. For ex, we used to start stories with the characters alone, but have everybody get together as a group and it was one steady scene from setting to setting, and if we wanted to characters to talk privately we did sidebars, until the end of a storyline, when they all separated between 'episodes'. But now we've gotten much better at breaking the cast up and having many different threads woven into the tapestry and making the story flow even from one 'episode' to the next.

Does Cameron really not have feelings for others at this point, as Ororo says?

No way, he totally missed Haleigh for like one sentence in that one post where he's taking a shower! That's evidence of some hardcore feels right there!

Should they have punished Morgan more for what she did?

COULD they have been more upset with her and held her more accountable? Yeah, they could have. But SHOULD they have? Not necessarily. I mean she just killed her own SISTER, that's fucking punishment for real lol. There's no denying that a couple of the characters coddled and enabled Morgan, and that was a source of frustration for some of the others, especially Haleigh and Cameron, who got NONE of that good will lol.

Would Cameron have been better off if he had moved back to LA as he'd planned?

No, if he'd run away he'd still be old Cameron.

I gotta say I loved reading him and Morgan facing off. He really showed some strength and refused to roll over for her, displaying his best qualities as usual in the worst way.

OMG, a bit off topic, but I laughed when Morgan wakes up and comes thundering out, cursing and screaming while he's on the phone delivering the new of Haleigh's DEATH. I could just see him with the phone against his ear, looking incredulous and mouthing "I'M ON THE PHONE MORGAN!"

You know, I did too. It was a very unique character quality for her to have, and it set her apart. I'm remembering how much I liked Alexis's bitchass back then!

It really IS, because she would have been a great influence on them. She was just TOO good lol they were not ready. But also, she was a very bad-ass character, I think she'd have eventually made a great permanent fixture to the cast.

Ugh, don't get me started. I'd rewrite that shit so fast if I could lol. But you're right, we hadn't established a mythology. I think that was a Charmed reference, TBH.

Harbinger likes this.