1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Week 3: Imagiomg (10/20/13)

Discussion in 'The Six Discussion Group' started by Clara Oswald, Oct 20, 2013.

1. MorningStar Flash...bang! The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Delilah Trelaven
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Transducing Light into Sound (and vice versa)
    Missions:
    This week, we see Spellbinder reunited with Foxfire, face Black while Prophet and Black Widow are held captive by Imagiomg.

This week's playing threads are:

Horror Hall
    Sins of the Father(s)

Some possible jumping off points for discussion (feel free to answer some or none of these):

• What do you think of Imagiomg as a villain?
    • How do YOU pronounce Imagiomg?
    • Should they have stayed and fought Black or ran?
    • For the players who weren't there, or play different characters now, how would you have used your characters against Black?
    • Should they have left Black unconscious rather than finishing him off?
    • Was Guardian Jill's favorite character at the time?
    • Where did Blaze get cigarettes?
    • Should they have followed Alexis to the lab?
    • Should they have listened to Prophet's astral form?
    • Who was your favorite character in this group of threads?
    • What was your favorite thing about this group of threads?
    • What did you learn by re-reading that you didn't remember?

Feel free to add your own comments and pose questions to the others. Discuss!

2. Prophet White King Hellfire Club Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Cameron King
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Telepathy, Psionic, Telekinetic, Empathy, Flash Premonition
    Missions:
    I REALLY REALLY loved these two threads, because it gave SO much more back story about how our characters came to be. We see what happened to Haleigh and how she gained those new abilities. We saw Adam Chandler reveal that Alison and Cameron were in fact brother and sister... we saw Haleigh's "James" for the first time, learned about Erika! I mean that was all frickin' intense.

I really love whenever Black shows his face because he really just is this thing that no matter how hard ANY of the Six tries, we just CANT get rid of the guy! I really liked the battle between Black, Shockwave, Spellbinder, Foxfire and Black. I thought that Alexis was really strong here. Even though she was getting the SHIT beat out of her, she still stood her ground... In fact ALL of the women worked really well together..

BUT THEN it's like once they were done, it was BACK to the bitching... I don't know I felt like Blaze was trying a little too hard here to be "bitchy" lol.. It seemed like her comments to Alexis just came out of LEFT FIELD but Alexis really kept the upper ground in their back and forthe.

I loved Haleigh and Cam getting caught by Im (and to be HONEST? I have NO IDEA what to frickin' call him because nothing sounds right.. And you shouldn't ask me as I called Hermione from Harry Potter Her-Me-OWN-Eeh before the movies came out lol.

I remember playing these threads and feeling like absolutely USELESS because every character just seemed so much stronger than Cameron was and I really felt like a BAD RPer looking through this..I mean I love how Cameron was just so willing to KILL Haleigh right after Adam gave her the ultimatum. Big Surprise lol.

When I look at Cameron I just get disgusted and I start to think about how DIFFERENTLY I would have done that. I think it was hard for me because playing Cameron vs. playing Brenthon (from MoE) was so different because Brenthon was also a MAGICK user...his telepathy and telekinetic abilities were supplemental...so when I switched from playing somebody who was UBER powerful and resilient to somebody who really was boxed into these certain categories it was a struggle.. I don't know... to be honest? I look at most of our posts back in the day vs. our posts now and the old posts just come across as totally half assed haha. Super short and just super...sloppy...at least when I look at Cameron. He was just all over the place.

I loved the introduction of what "The Six" really was and what it all meant, and I had forgotten that Alison and Cameron recognizing their sibling bond was so important to The Six's constitution...

That being said, these threads make me miss Alexis because she really was a great character here. Haleigh was just SHARP as a tack! She made such good points and to read her bargainning with Adam Chandler was just awesome. She was such an opportunist! It was really great!

Who knew where Blaze got the cigarettes haha.

3. MorningStar Flash...bang! The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Delilah Trelaven
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Transducing Light into Sound (and vice versa)
    Missions:
    I agree - loved the backstories, especially Haleigh's. She is just such a cool character. And I love the idea of the Alison-Erika-Cameron triangle.

Agreed - he is my favorite villain from all the storylines. And with Alexis, you could see the hints of Blackout here.

I like Cameron back then - I like that you were clearly trying to do different things with his powers. Some things we don't get to see nowadays.

Everyone's grammar and spelling has definitely improved since then ;) And everyone's posts are short except Haleigh's, and sometimes Cameron's.

4. Arsenal The Six

Name:
    Michael Armstrong
    Residence:
    Melrose Place
    Ability:
    Baseline Max Human Ability
    Missions:
    Is there a link to Imagiomg powers?

And I always saw that name as EEE-ma-zhe-OHMG. Just throwing that out there.

5. Spellbinder Bitchcraft The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Morgan
    Residence:
    Limbo
    Ability:
    Stepping Discs; Flight ; Magick -Sorceress Supreme
    Missions:

Its nice to go back & revisit these threads & see Foxfire reuniting w/ Spellbinder. For me, this is Heather still continuing to play Foxfire strongly & in the way that made her popular in the original Valiant rpg. I look back on it now & i think Foxfire's obvious digs & bitchy tone to Shockwave is the typical "I have a crush on you & i dont know how else to verbalize it" :D :haha:. We'll see the confirmation of this in the Kelly King storyline later on down the road.

Shockwave REALLY steps up in "Horror Hall". She not only counters Foxfire, Spellbinder & Guardian's bitchcraft but she puts up one hell of a fight against Black. I really enjoy re-reading it & kudos to [MENTION=10]Prentiss[/MENTION], whom I recall @ the time, feeling like she wouldn't do well w/ the action/battle aspect of the Six. But she comes through w/ flying colors IMO.

Foxfire, Guardian & Shockwave's emotions are very pronounced in the later part of "Horror Hall" & Spellbinder seems more calm & centered after she rescues Blaze from Black's clutches earlier in the thread. You can tell she's found a piece of herself in rescuing her sister here even as Black is threatening to pick up where he left off w/ her from their last battle in Valiant.

as Imagiomg- let me say that this character's name was directly ripped from the classic sega/genesis RPG series, Phantasy Star. This is a video game rpg that defined my childhood. It featured a woman in the lead role, a woman who weilded a mystical sword & magickal power. There were 4 games between sega master system & sega genesis & later there was an ONLINE version patterned after the expansive online video game rpg "Everquest". Imagiomg appears (the first time) in part II of the series. There's 3 different versions of him. this screen cap of him doesnt do him any justice but his name & his imposing stature stayed w/ me & that's what made me choose to bring him in as Mystech's powerful mage (in the aftermath of Kelly King's failure). As for the pronounciation of his NAME? well that's a question that has been asked before in other places too .

I pretty much felt the same way about the pronounciation of the name, Garrick :nod: although i think most ppl familiar w/ the games would say: Imagi-OMG & as later sequels of Phantasy Star came out & names of locations & characters changed slightly (officially attributed to "linguistic drift" since 100's of years passed between part II & part IV)...the character's name became "Imagiomage" (eee-ma-zhe-OH-mage). I preferred the original spelling, i thought it was unique & apparently it stayed w/ other ppl in this game too :)

as for the character's powers, there isnt a detailed entry on him in the Six Guide (yet) but as he appeared in the PS games, he was an incredibly tall mage w/ an imposing stature and skeletal hands associated w/ the dark, destructive magickal energy he channeled. He fired "power blasts" , "psychic mind blasts" and he had a move that would make jagged "lightning bolt" like blasts of dark magick CASCADE DOWN upon his targets like a waterfall that was pretty severe.

I found myself really expanding the character of Guardian/Alison in this part of the story. W/ Spellbinder, she was already established in my mind. But Guardian had evolved rather unexpectedly due to a need & the way she resonated w/ readers & other players so I definitely enjoyed using her MORE in this part of the story than I did Spellbinder.

Thing i remember- This marks Ororo's first appearence in the Six timeline & she also manifests the Seige Perilous in the Six timeline for the first time here. Ororo was the one to cast Black OUT when he crossed over into the MoE timeline as well. So I know i had that in mind when bringing her into the story, making this one of the first references to the MoE timeline & it's connection to the Six timeline.

In "Sins of the Father(s)" there was ALOT of dialogue, drama & backstory! Haleigh & Cameron were going through quite an ordeal but Haleigh was definitely STRONG throughout most of this part of the story. This was the first time her character's backstory was really delved into & as the result of her trauma @ the hands of Dr's Chandler, Victory & also Imagiomg, her powers underwent their first major change in the Six as well. She endured alot here & to Lexi's credit...she rolled with it & made the most out of each moment w/ Haleigh's interactions. Truly "fearless".

The bond that she & Cameron formed @ this time was one born out of necessity. He NEEDED HER more than she did him in this situation (though he didnt think so). & while it was a nice, natural development, Cameron once again reminds us all what a worm & a scumbag he was by QUICKLY turning on Haleigh if only to save his life.

Haleigh couldn't be that much distinguished from her captors. She was able to meet them @ their level & mind set. She was perfectly willing to offer up Morgan and Alison on a platter, whatever it took. BUT @ the same time, you could see her glimpses of her humanity & sense of vulnerability when Imagiomg became more brutal & in depth w/ his torture.

THIS, i think, really helps to frame The Original Six & why they were so special/targeted by Mystech. Even BEFORE their backstories were later revealed.

6. N/A

Missions:
    What a ride that was!
    Lol, I had me reading so fast I had to go back and re-read posts cause I was in such a hurry. I really loved Horror Hall, it had such excitement and energy and I really feel like I'm starting to care a lot of all of these characters. I really enjoy Spellbinder now, I think she and Alexis ties for my favorites in these threads.

However I was glad to say bye-bye to Black, all I could think was finish him!

I really enjoyed Adam Chandler! He was so... deliciously evil but in a cool sort of way, y'know.
    Imagiomg, lol, I like the villian but have no idea how to properly pronounce that name. I just sound it out as it is spelled...Oh and It was easier to read when 'he' posted himself later on.

Out of the two I have some favorite quotes of Spellbinders:

and

(lol, so funny!)

And up and down goes the rollercoaster. A restoration does not equal eternal friendship. I like that they have to struggle to get along (or perhaps I should say 'co-exist'). Perhaps it's why Alexis and Spellbinder are my favorites.

I just about died when I thought that Haleigh and Cameron were gonna have to fight btw. A lot of drama but a lot of fun to read and try to follow the characters individually to see what's really going on in their minds.

7. Ruby Red Princess Hellfire Club

Name:
    Cassandra Johnson
    Residence:
    Los Angeles
    Ability:
    Psionic, Psychokinesis, Levitation, Hypnosis
    Missions:
    Better Late Than Never...

Week 3 – Imagiomg

Horror Hall:

Heading into this week – and yes, I know it’s way late but unfortunately for all of you I don’t care :p – I was intrigued right from the start. I must admit that this is far more entertaining than the previous weeks’ threads. I have to admit, Weeks 1 & 2 were a bit…boring. :eek:

I must confess that I skipped a few pages in the Citadel thread because I got bored. :eek: In THAT thread I wasn’t that impressed by FOXFIRE’s constant state of mind as she was held captive…it got tiring after awhile. Ha. But I am really liking Foxfire HERE.

I like the dynamic between Alexis and Blaze. I can certainly see them together [of course, it’s a moot point NOW]. Speaking of Alexis, I have to remind myself of Charlize Theron when reading Sam’s posts. LOL!

With regards to Imagiomg, I shall pronounce it as “Imaging”. :)

Black is an interesting character, I have to admit. One I wouldn’t want to encounter in a dark alleyway, but interesting nonetheless.

I’m intrigued by the ‘revelation’ that Alison is Cameron’s sister only because I have wanted to know the details of that for quite some time now.

Sins of the Fathers:

The character image for Adam Chandler is “David Hayward”. I find that hilarious!

I think my most favourite character so far is Haleigh. She’s cool, snarky, vivacious…

And now Christopher Victory is “Adam Chandler”. :lmao: That just makes their non-gay gay coupledom - yep, that’s me - that much more hilarious!

Yes, yes. Now I am intrigued about how this all will play out since I am now invested in this story [as a reader of the past, not as a current player - haha] :nod:

It's nice to see the characters as how they were when they first started as opposed to how they are NOW. What a difference. I'm looking forward to see how the future shapes them...and nobody better give me crap about this because I refuse to read the Cliff Notes. :hehe2:

*Miranda Priestley voice*: "That's all."