1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Week 5: The Citadel Conclusion (11/3/13)

Discussion in 'The Six Discussion Group' started by Clara Oswald, Nov 3, 2013.

1. MorningStar Flash...bang! The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Delilah Trelaven
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Transducing Light into Sound (and vice versa)
    Missions:
    Did she just lick your face? She LICKED your FACE. - Haleigh

“Cameron was certain that if a nuclear bomb went off, the only things left would be cockroaches, Cher and Morgan Victoria.”

This week we go to see Imagiomg, Adam & Christopher defeated.

This week's playing threads are:

Point of No Return
    Pulled Back from the Brink

Some possible jumping off points for discussion (feel free to answer some or none of these):

• Should they have followed Alexis when she was acting so strangely?
    • Do you think the way Adam & Christopher feel about their daughters is different?
    • How come we never get to see Cameron flay anyone alive anymore?
    • Why does Alexis keep Adam's last name when she clearly hates him?
    • Do you think the writing at this time was more like traditional RPG writing than it is now?
    • Are there/what are the lasting effects of Imagiomg’s corruption of Alison’s soul?
    • Was Cameron leading Alexis on?
    • Who was your favorite character in this group of threads?
    • What was your favorite thing about this group of threads?
    • What did you learn by re-reading that you didn't remember?

Feel free to add your own comments and pose questions to the others. Discuss!

2. Spellbinder Bitchcraft The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Morgan
    Residence:
    Limbo
    Ability:
    Stepping Discs; Flight ; Magick -Sorceress Supreme
    Missions:
    This whole quote made me laugh, he was basically addressing Alexis as if she were a prostitute LOL & the part i highlighted in red, that's already in the quote box & you know for the longest time, I'd assumed that was something he'd said to Spellbinder during the Inferno! I'd forgotten it was back in the Six's first storyline & it was directed toward Alexis LOL!

Reading this thread, I am reminded how good a foil Imagiomg was and what a challenge he was for Spellbinder and Guardian (Harbinger). Imagiomg was causing problems for everybody, also turning Spellbinder into a crystalline form, causing dischord and confusion on a mental and spiritual level among the Six and more.

This marks the FIRST TIME a telepath was able to interact w/Spellbinder inspite of her Psi Screen. & speaking of that, Cameron had a pretty cool move w/ the PSI SCREAM attack that he used against Shockwave :nod:

Looking back on this I'm reminded about how Lexi & I planned out Haleigh's power upgrade resulting from her being infected w/ the TO virus & her own physiology being able to co-opt the virus & cause her to become a hybrid. Her first outting as the HYBRID Haleigh is great, but overall its just another example of easily Lexi could slide into a role or insert her character into a situation.

I see Cameron and Alison softening up, ever so slightly, toward each other as they both make moves to save each other and help one another. The revelation of them being brother & sister is still sinking in for all of them but its definitely taking root with Cameron & Alison.

Something ELSE I'd forgotten was that it was Alison and Cameron who destroyed Imagiomg in this battle, not Ororo and that when he fell on top of Alison, that was the beginning of him attempting to possess her.

Alexis took a terrible risk w/ her ruse to dupe her father & Christopher but it worked...even though it nearly cost her her own life @ the hands of Cameron. I think by then, Cameron was not only fueled by what appeared to be betrayal by Alexis, but also his own need to lash out & hit BACK after all he'd been through at the hands of Guardian, Imagiomg & the doctors in this story. It's brutal to read through again as he tries to kill Alexis & as the team is NOW, i think someone would have stepped in to stop him but @ that time...they were all JUST beginning to function as a "team" even though other key components of the "team spirit" were not there yet.

The interaction between Cameron & Alexis suggested a chemistry between the two that transcended the situation they were in @ that moment even though Cameron believed Alexis had betrayed them & was enraged, i think part of that was due to a passion & even a sort of LUST that he had for Alexis b/c those two really were two peas in a pod from early on in this story. They were the soap opera drama factor for the six & each other LOL! I think Alexis enjoyed taunting cameron as well w/ this but she out did herself when he tried to kill her.

Cameron was instrumental in several key moments of the battle here. He was still an ass ( :D) but he showed himself to be rather versatile w/his psi powers and very effective. He helped rescue Spellbinder and Guardian as well as destroy Imagiomg.

Some of Blaze's interaction with Morgan surprised me as i read through this again. Sometimes Heather's posting style could be unpredictable. I think part of it was the fact that Blaze was finally starting to be integrated in w/ the rest of the characters after having been kept seperate for so long. Her interactions w/ the doctors, Alexis & Cameron were largely "in character" & entertaining but for me, alot of her interactions with Morgan in the "Point of no return" thread seemed a bit off @ times."

Ororo returns & is very instrumental here. She was very much a calming presence on the characters & provided them w/ a much needed buffer & bridge. It was good that all the characters, even Haleigh & Cameron felt they could trust Ororo on some level almost immediately.

I see the characters pausing to show concern for Alison, a person whom more than a few of them hated. That's a notable moment in this part of the story too. The fact that Haleigh vows to find a way to bring Alison back & asks Ororo to do so (if only to be able to rub her face in the fact that SHE was the one who kept her safe :D) shows the first flickering embers of what would become a deep FRIENDSHIP between Alison & Haleigh later on. Again, i strongly feel that the reason these two were such rivals in the beginning was b/c they had so much in common & they unconsciously understood that about one another & hated/respected each other for it.

in "Pulled back from the brink":

Morgan is really just now realizing her link to Limbo & discovering what that means. Ororo also takes time to try to teach & explain to Morgan the need to modify her behavior w/ her newfound team mates and Morgan opens up about how she feels and why. As I read this now...i think of ways Morgan COULD have opened up to Haleigh, Cameron & Alexis. I think she & Alexis would have had the easiest time building a bridge. It wouldve been harder for her to make a leap of faith with Cameron & Haleigh & I dont think they were in the position or mood to have a "healthy" relationship w / Morgan or anyone else really @ that time lol :p

It's weird to read this again, seeing Guardian, possessed by Imagiomg, attacking Ororo. And Spellbinder:

Even then, Morgan had SOME sense that there had to be a better way to deal w/ things than by resorting to violence. Ororo trying to teach her...REMIND her of a better way but she'd become so maladaptive since her time w/ Valiant. But there was PROOF in this particular thread of the story that showed she was more than what she seemed...

Ororo checks Guardian during the battle on the astral plane & Spellbinder rips away Imagiomg's seed from Alison's soul, freeing her & when they get back to Ororo's garden:

You see the depth of care that Spellbinder has for Alison and her regard for Ororo as a mother figure. She's much softer in this "tie in" to the main storyline.

I think overall, everybody was really starting to find their rhythm & tighten up their posting styles by this point in the first story. :nod:

My favorite characters to watch/read in this part of the story were Cameron, Haleigh, Alison & Imagiomg in the first thread; Ororo & Spellbinder in the 2nd.

Reading through these two threads again, i see more potential being realized from all the characters & their players, I see things that as i read them NOW, could be seen as foreshadowing for events/developments w/ characters that occurred much later in the Six (i.e. Shockwave turning into Blackout; Prophet's ever changing power table; the first flickering indication of a FRIENDSHIP forming between Alison & Haleigh)

Here's are 2 questions I have for anyone to answer:

• Is Imagiomg's attempt @ posessing Alison something that should be revisited? Even though Ororo & Morgan seemingly exorcised that demon seed out of her soul, is this something she really could truly EVER get over?
    • Is Imagiomg a character that should have been able to RETURN to vex the Six?

3. Prophet White King Hellfire Club Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Cameron King
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Telepathy, Psionic, Telekinetic, Empathy, Flash Premonition
    Missions:
    I found these threads pretty interesting. I had forgotten how instrumental Cameron was in the battle with the demon mage. For hating Alison and Morgan so much, he really was able to cut the bullshit and pull off some really big moves for the group!

Morgan and Alexis and Alison just going all crazy on each other was hysterical. I was reading the thread and thinking "Why are all they like trying to kill EACH OTHER?! Their fathers are RIGHT THERE!" :haha:

I felt it was a little bittersweet for Alexis because she didn't get to destroy Adam...it was Haleigh..

And that whole scene with Cameron attempting to skin Alexis was pretty brutal.. I think it foreshadows the kind of "darkness" that exists within ALL of the King siblings, and I think it shows in this thread.

I remembered planning on the fact that Cameron had been through a lot of dark times, and that he had this very DARK side to him..though I don't think I ever TRULY went there with the character.. I do look at him in these threads and think I'm trying to get a little too DARK PHOENIX.

Stupid move on Alexis' part lol.. reading it.. OBVIOUSLY I didn't pick up her CUES...but girl coulda sent a brotha a PM LOL.

I feel like the dispatching of the doctors was interesting because it was so swift lol... Titan and Ima went ON AND ON, and the doctors? It was like << BUZZER >> NEXT! :haha:

I liked that there was a little inkling of chemistry between Haleigh and Cameron. She basically asked him out on a date :p

And I've always thought that Alexis and Cameron were VERY similar and they were flirty out the gate. I do love how QUICKLY she forgave him for almost SKINNING her :haha:

All in all..

MY favorite character in these threads was... ME!!!! :haha:

Also, I really liked Alison and Haleigh working together too haha.

Caroline Forbes: Adam and Christopher were flatscans weren't they? So they SHOULD have been easier to dispatch. :)
  4. Spellbinder Bitchcraft The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Morgan
    Residence:
    Limbo
    Ability:
    Missions:
    :haha: IKR!? LOL! I read that now & i'm like WHY did we do that? but it was a combo of Imagiomg's manipulation & Alexis pretending to "go rogue"...but I still dont like the way I responded w/ some of Morgan & Alison's posts in that instance :haha:

5. MorningStar Flash...bang! The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Delilah Trelaven
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Transducing Light into Sound (and vice versa)
    Missions:
    I have a question about these threads: why is the TO virus affected by magnetism?

6. Prophet White King Hellfire Club Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Cameron King
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Telepathy, Psionic, Telekinetic, Empathy, Flash Premonition
    Missions:
    The only thing I can think of.. is the term.. Techno Organic... I'm assuming that SOME of it might possibly have metal? Like Colossus who's body is Techno Organic Steel when he shifts and I think also Magik? She could manifest a Techno Organic Steel Arm when she wielded the Soul Sword? <<-- I think that last part is right, but i'm sure Jill will know better.

7. Spellbinder Bitchcraft The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Morgan
    Residence:
    Limbo
    Ability:
    Missions:
    I took this from what I read in Marvel. When Magik cast Magus into Limbo, he subsequently infected her strongest demon, S'ym, who in turn, infected most of the other lesser demons in Limbo. This made them more aggressive & dangerous & in one confrontation, Sy'm attempted to attack Magik but was stopped by Magneto, who explained that the techno organic virus was completely susceptible to the magnetic energy he weilded & manipulated.

The TO virus originated from the race of aliens in Marvel known as the Technarchy. it resembles both machinery & living tissue, so I suspect that's why Magneto was able to check it.

he was also shown to be able to damage Cable, who also carried the virus.

Colossus tranforms into "living organic steel" & he's actually IMPERVIOUS to infection from the TO virus. Magik will manifest eldritch armour on various parts of her body , or ALL of it, depending on how angry she is, how much magick she's using or if she's wielding the soul sword. her eldritch armour ALSO protects her from TO virus infection.