1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Week 6: Enter the Kings (11/10/13)

Discussion in 'The Six Discussion Group' started by Clara Oswald, Nov 11, 2013.

1. MorningStar Flash...bang! The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Delilah Trelaven
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Transducing Light into Sound (and vice versa)
    Missions:
    Months have passed since The Citadel and the Six are settling into being a team and launching Morgan Victoria as the face of The Parthenon. But Kelly King is waiting in the wings...

This week's playing threads are:

After the Storm
    Paparazzi
    With Family Like This

Some possible jumping off points for discussion (feel free to answer some or none of these):

• Why would they all move in together?
    • Why do they hate each other so much?
    • How are Alison and Morgan different when they are alone together than when they are with the others?
    • Who was your favorite character in this group of threads?
    • What was your favorite thing about this group of threads?
    • What did you learn by re-reading that you didn't remember?

Feel free to add your own comments and pose questions to the others. Discuss!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
  2. Prophet White King Hellfire Club Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Cameron King
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Telepathy, Psionic, Telekinetic, Empathy, Flash Premonition
    Missions:
    I'd like to start off by referring to these threads as the start of when Foxfire went absolutely APE SHIT CRAZY LOL. That weird side bar mission of her and Haleigh escaping and then shooting that guy? And then Heather writing the weird post about some man that was there to kill Cameron? From Section One? ALL OF THAT = What. The Fuck.

I have to say.. I really cringed when I read Witchfire's first post.. THAT was what I wrote? :haha:
    Ugh it's just so lame...However..I REALLY liked reading Erika's first post...I had forgotten that she was a Criminal Profiler and much of her early posts, so reading these back it was nice to get to "know" her again, so to speak...It makes me not regret that character so much lol.

I like Witchfire in the threads...her magick was a little more "Charmed" than say Alison and Morgan, and I thought her little glamours and spells were pretty cool. She really got the group to turn on each other. In the pattern for Kelly, Farrah and I discussed having had Kelly be a member of The Axis of Evil.. She specialized in very subtle magick that she used to manipulate the targets of The Axis, and it wasn't even known really that she was a part of the team because she was so good at her job, and I got the sense of that here...Slowly but surely she caused some HAVOC for this group as "Rachel" and I really liked that.

Of course the most obvious thing here is just how RIDICULOUS all of the characters are with each other. The low blows, the fighting in every post. I mean these characters just COULDNT be in the same ROOM with each other at this point.. I mean we even see Blaze and Morgan fighting...and this is also a series of threads where I think we can all really regret some of our 'choices' like why does Morgan hate these people so much yet let them move into penthouses at the top of her company :haha:

I mean Cameron and Haleigh were barely allowed in the building as it is.

The disdain between Haleigh and Morgan here is just so BRUTAL here, that what I think of the characters now....even when I read some of Cameron's insults i'm like... "Oh man... That was SO MEAN!"

This was the FIRST time that somebody other than Farrah ran the storyline...and it was ME...and I think that's FAIRLY obvious haha. I just didn't have the communication with others that I should and that's why I feel like the threads are really just out of whack at parts and disjointed...BUT it was definitely a learning experience. :nod:

I think my FAVORITE character in these threads would have to be Erika...but only because I pretty much HATE all of them...including my own. :haha:

LEAST favorite Character? Probably Morgan...she was SO close to the Inferno at this point, and she was just acting even MORE "bitchy" than I ever thought possible lol.

3. MorningStar Flash...bang! The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Delilah Trelaven
    Residence:
    New York City
    Ability:
    Transducing Light into Sound (and vice versa)
    Missions:
    Blaze was a hot mess in this thread. She threw a gun out the window down onto the street lol And the cocaine! lol And she's Nikita! And she can teleport! She also acts like she's known these people forever, which is sort of odd. But then again, there was much more melodrama from everyone back then than we have now. So I think we didn't notice this stuff back then - it was just Blaze being Blaze.

I did really love the idea of Blaze working for Haleigh though.

I think The Six has evolved so much that we forget when it started it was "just" a RPG and the point of it was for the characters to be glamorous and bitchy. It always had that Melrose Place influence. And this group of threads is where the Six becomes a cross between General Hospital and Charmed.

I didn't even know/remember that Farrah didn't run this storyline :)

Jill Monroe: I like your analysis of the older storylines & the vibe the Six was supposed to have vs. now :nod: & yeah, I tried to hand off running of a storyline to different players if they felt they were ready from time to time.
  4. Spellbinder Bitchcraft The Six Staff Member Contributing Member

Name:
    Morgan
    Residence:
    Limbo
    Ability:
    Stepping Discs; Flight ; Magick -Sorceress Supreme
    Missions:
    For every small but noticeable step of progress the group made in these early days...there was always someone, usually haleigh or cameron to derail the momentum LOL!

i never minded the dischord. i always said that part of my inspiration was the severe dishord the avengers (marvel, the COMIC BOOK, not the movie) had as a team in their early- to "mid" years in the "bronze age". that, along w/ what Vil mentioned about the melrose place influence. those were things I always had in mind. BUT i had also hoped as time passed, the characters would see something MORE than just themselves as the individual alpha (&/or psychotic) personality types that they were & come together to face something that was bigger than they were. That's why even though Morgan LOATHED them all...she could move them into the upper reaches of Illustra. I think she was TRYING to heed Ororo's advice & warnings as best she could.

But there ARE some moments that I DO cringe @ w/ the game play of Morgan...like her behavior toward Blaze. I can look back @ it NOW & say she was pyschotic (& she was) & this was leading up to the prologue of the Inferno...but still...it was more than over the top!

Everytime they did...it was almost like someone HAD to derail it b/c what would the game be w/out the tension & bitter drama? lol!

I look back @ this & see that ZACH (Haleigh's boytoy) has been a supporting character for a LONGGGG time in the Six.

There was alot of psychological dysfunction that was revealed in this part of the story. We had the toxic "group dynamic" of the six...which was getting worse between Morgan/Haleigh/Cameron AND we had the emerging King family dynamic, which fleshed out Alison in a way even I couldnt have expected before.

I agree w/ Cameron that Witchfire, in her earlier presentation DID have a more "charmed" feel to her than Morgan & Alison.

5. Ruby Red Princess Hellfire Club

Name:
    Cassandra Johnson
    Residence:
    Los Angeles
    Ability:
    Psionic, Psychokinesis, Levitation, Hypnosis
    Missions:
    Late to the party. As usual. :p No, but in all seriousness, I’m glad I found my place again. :)

I am really enjoying this story, even more so than the previous ones.

Why would they all move in together?

Honestly, this had me scratching my head. LOL! They ALL act like they hate each other so maybe they figure that staying in one place is the best way to keep an eye on each other? LOL!

Why do they hate each other?

I honestly don’t have a clue as to why they all hate each other. Maybe it’s each one’s personality? I mean, they all have STRONG opinions about stuff. LOL! I wish I knew why. I mean, it’s easy to see why everybody hates MORGAN – she’s psychotic. LOL!

Who was your favourite character in this group of threads?

My fave is no doubt Blaze. Surprise, surprise, eh? :p I wish Blaze Fielding was still around. :( It would’ve been kind of fun – and amusing – to see her and Blazing Hot Victory interact with each other. :D

I also love Haleigh. :D

What was your favourite thing in this group of threads?

I have to say that I really enjoyed ‘meeting’ the Kings [Erika and Kelly]. I am intrigued by both of them. Can’t wait to find out more of their – as well as Cameron and Alison’s – story. :)

Now, see, I really enjoyed this. Don’t sell yourself short [although, if and when the time comes for me to run a story for the first time, I’d probably feel the same way!]. I don’t see them as disjointed.