Birds of Prey
Real Name
Ashley Oldenburg
Missions
Ability
Ability to instill self-doubt, turmoil and intimidation
Vivica said:
"Oh Ashley shut the fuck up, PLEASE!"
Valkyrie stared at her with a long, cold gaze.

“Um, fuck YOU.”

Vivica said:
"Uh..sorry..I didn't mean that. I'm wiped."
“Damn right.”

Mina said:
“Just when I think you cannot possibly get more tactless, there you go.”
“It’s a skill.”

She mimed thinking for a moment.

“Oh was that too tactless? I meant, ‘It’s a skill, bitch.’”

They had been moved out of the lab and back to the hangar by Karen and her witchy stuff. So now that things weren’t falling down on their heads, everyone was boo-hooing about Frost being dead. When they should have been getting out of the place and going somewhere to get tanked. She was getting impatient.

“She died in battle. No one can ask for more than that. It’s better if you win while you’re doing it, but this is good too.”

Sharon said:
She is CRASS, even in a moment of pain and loss. It's DISGUSTING!
Alycia said:
For what she did tonight, seeking out the source of the attacks on Karen, and fighting against Fathom, for all the abuse she endured from childhood until now...perhaps Athena would grant her favor and allow her to be reborn on Themyscira as an Amazon. She'd have no memory of this life, she'd never be alone, never know pain, abuse or suffering again.
“Come on…none of you even LIKED this chick. You hated her to such a degree that she went through the SIEGE PERILOUS to get away from you all. And now you’re acting like she was your best friend and you’re so sad that she’s dead? Please…two hours ago none of you would have done so much as sit next to her at dinner. Yeah, the Six are great.”

Oracle and Steel stepped between her and Silver Swan and Alycia, but Valkyrie waved them away as she turned her back on them and walked away in anger. Alycia and Sharon would always be members of the Six, no matter what Oracle said. And with the Six, if you weren’t one of their kiss ass core group, the only way they recognized the fact that you fought alongside them, FOR them, was when you were dead. Vivica was proof of that.

Vivica said:
"Would she have been valiant enough for you to take to Valhalla?"
“Well, seeing as there’s no soul here, I would not have been able to take her, no. But she did fight to the last.”

Mina explained. This wasn’t Frost, it was just a spell.

Mina said:
“Doctor Victoria – Karen – I must impress upon you the importance of your daughter returning to this plane. Her absence is being felt by more than just her family and friends. It is imperative that she return as soon as possible. I implore you – urge her to return home at once.”
Once again, the Six putting themselves above their duty. The quicker she and Oracle parted ways with the Six, the better.

MorningStar

The Light in the Darkness
The Six
Real Name
Delilah Trelaven
Residence
The Parthenon, NYC
Missions
Ability
Transducing Light into Sound (and vice versa)
MorningStar vaguely saw Kelly and Fathom shimmer away. She was still holding Frost’s hand. She brushed a strand out of hair of her face, and wiped at her eyes with her hand. The ground began to shake with explosions, and debris was falling.

She and Vivica shielded Frost’s body, before Karen finally spirited them away from that place in a flash of golden light.

Karen came to kneel next to her, trying to revive Jasmine, but to no avail.

Karen said:
This poor child....all she ever knew was isolation, abuse, mistreatement...she never had a chance. She never knew acceptance, love, friendship or family.
They had failed her. And far long before tonight.

Karen said:
Oh Jasmine....I'm so sorry!
Delilah, teary-eyed, gently put her arms around Karen and hugged her, tried to comfort her. She pulled back as she heard a scuffle behind her.

Valkyrie said:
“Come on…none of you even LIKED this chick. You hated her to such a degree that she went through the SIEGE PERILOUS to get away from you all. And now you’re acting like she was your best friend and you’re so sad that she’s dead? Please…two hours ago none of you would have done so much as sit next to her at dinner. Yeah, the Six are great.”
Sharon and Alycia got angry, but Delilah just knelt there, numb. Because she was right. They HAD treated Frost poorly. Today she had tried to help her, but wasn’t it really for Karen’s sake? Would any of them really care in a month’s time that Frost had been here at all?

Mina talked about this not really being Jasmine before them. Delilah made a sharp intake of breath as the blue moon was mentioned. Valkyrie talked about how she had no soul to be taken to the afterlife. Vivica asked Karen what they were going to do. Karen and Delilah locked eyes, something silent passing between them.

Karen said:
We won't leave her here.
“No, we won’t.”

Delilah looked down into Frost’s face once more.

“If this isn’t really Jasmine Klein, then that makes TWO young women that we’ve failed.”

She scooped Frost’s body up in her arms and stood. She turned to the others.

“She may not have a place in ‘Valhalla’, she might not be who we thought she was, but she was our teammate, even for this short while. She came here tonight to help Karen, help US. She fought with us, died for us. She deserves to be remembered for that. She deserves a better burial than HERE.”

Steel moved to take Jasmine’s body from her.

“No, I’ll carry her.”

She shifted, took a deep breath, trying to compose herself.

Oracle

The Eye in the Sky
The Six
Real Name
Elizabeth York
Missions
Ability
Genius, Hacker
True to Shadow Weaver’s direction, they had all piled on Kelly, attacking her from all sides. But as it turned out, it wasn’t Kelly at all, it was only a hard light hologram. Valkyrie smashed its control chip, and the hologram flickered and vanished. Oracle casually picked up the broken disc, and put it in her pocket.

Talisman said:
"Remember your OWN failures, Valkyrie. The Red Court surely does."
Oracle’s head swiveled sharply to Ashley – she did not take that well. But this was not the time or place to discuss it with her. Explosions were firing off, and Tachyon was working hard to protect her and Alycia from debris.

Mina said:
“They have escaped. We have lost them.”
But not for long. This is not over.

Their attention turned to Frost.

Valkyrie said:
"Oh can we please get the FUCK out of this motherfuckin' place before we die here? Hey, how about that drink?"
Vivica said:
"Oh Ashley shut the fuck up, PLEASE!"
Valkyrie said:
“Um, fuck YOU.”
“Ladies! Language, please.”

Sharon and Alycia took issue, and Ashley gave a scathing and decidedly unhelpful retort, fill of derision for the Six and their allies. They two Amazons looked as if they were about to LEAP on her. Steel stepped in front of Ashley. Oracle put herself between them and Sharon and Alycia. She levelled her gaze at Sharon, unafraid and unyielding.

“We’ve seen enough fighting for one day. It’s time for us to leave this place and take care of our dead - and our living.”

Ashley had walked away. Oracle looked over at the very distraught Karen Victoria.

Karen said:
How do I tell Blaze that I've failed her...that I failed Jasmine AND her! That I couldn't FREE this child from the legacy of her father...and that I was not fast enough to STOP that contemptible woman [Kelly]!?
“Tell her about her sister. About how brave she was, how hard she fought to protect you and her allies. Tell Blaze her sister died a hero.”

It didn’t matter that this hadn’t been the Jasmine Klein who went through the Siege Perilous; she was a person just as much as any of them. She was part of Jasmine Klein, and so she was part of Blaze Fielding, part of the Six.

Vivica asked Valkyrie is Frost would have been taken to Valhalla.

Valkyrie said:
“Well, seeing as there’s no soul here, I would not have been able to take her, no. But she did fight to the last.”
What the others didn’t understand, was that was the biggest complement Ashley could have given Frost.

Delilah picked up Frost’s body, and prepared to carry her home.

MorningStar said:
“She may not have a place in ‘Valhalla’, she might not be who we thought she was, but she was our teammate, even for this short while. She came here tonight to help Karen, help US. She fought with us, died for us. She deserves to be remembered for that. She deserves a better burial than HERE.”
“John.”

Oracle indicated for Steel to help Delilah, but she declined his help. Clearly this was something she felt she needed to do.

“Delilah, if I can be of any help – funeral arrangements, anything, just ask.”

She gave the tall blonde a somber smile.

Steel

Mutant Policeman
Birds of Prey
Real Name
John Steele
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Body tranforms into organic steel
It felt so good to unleash on this woman, this MONSTER, who had been stalking poor Dr. Victoria, who had caught them all in her web, using them like playthings. And to what end? At least the criminals he saw in his day to day usually had a purpose, a reason, for doing the horrible things they did. But this one? She did these things just because she could, and that was the worst reason of all.

He and Valkyrie just kept pounding and pounding on her. He vaguely heard Mina speaking to them but it was lost in the pure feeling of release, of not having to hold back. He didn’t even to think to wonder how the woman was still standing. Until she flickered and was gone. It had all been a trick.

He looked wildly around for the REAL menace. She briefly appeared, only to disappeared again WITH Fathom this time. In her wake she left them an explosive present.

He looked around at the others, checking for injuries.

“Oracle, are you okay? Charope? Pretty bird?”

And then he saw Frost, lying on the ground, not moving. Karen and Delilah’s faces looked grim, soon to be joined by those of the others. Dr. Victoria transported them all to the relative safety of the hangar.

He bowed his head.

“She never gave up, I’ll give her that.”

Ashley said something incredibly insensitive. Sharon took issue.

Silver Swan said:
Don't apologize to her. She is CRASS, even in a moment of pain and loss. It's DISGUSTING!
Valkyrie said:
“Come on…none of you even LIKED this chick.”
It was not the right moment, but what Ashley said wasn’t exactly wrong. Even now, what he felt for Frost wasn’t loss, it was pity. How incredibly sad, to have no one who truly cared about you. He understood Sharon and Alycia’s anger, but Ashley was one of his.

He stepped in front of Valkyrie, crossing his arms over his chest and taking a wide stance, still in his metal form.

“You’re not going to touch her, pretty bird.”

Oracle said:
“We’ve seen enough fighting for one day. It’s time for us to leave this place and take care of our dead - and our living.”
Ashley walked away, but he stood there until he was sure no attack was coming her way. And then Delilah was picking up Frost’s body. Oracle said his name, not needing to explain further.

He went to Delilah, tried to take the body from her, but she shrugged him off.

Oracle said:
“Delilah, if I can be of any help – funeral arrangements, anything, just ask.”
“And that goes for me too. Anything you need, Delilah, I’m always here for you.”

Shadow Weaver

Demon Sorceress
The Six
Real Name
Karen Victoria
Residence
Minerva's Aerie
Missions
Ability
Magick, Healing, Power Scrambling
Exiting the Citadle

<< Surprisingly, Karen did not respond to Valkyrie's grossly insensitive remarks. There was no honor or value in using the truth as a WEAPON, but there WAS a tragic core of truth in her statement. Sadly, some of the people that SHOULD have heard it were not present. Karen had taken on more than she had ever been obligated to, but she and Delilah both knew she wouldn't have turned her back on one of her daughters' sisters. The legacy of Christopher Victory haunted all of them, and Karen was the family matriarch. That title came with its own unique set of burdens, and Karen shouldered them, sometimes at great personal cost- this was something Delilah and Michael both knew. The doctor would ALWAYS carry a sense of guilt and regret regarding Frost, over choices SHE made that PRE-DATED the Six, and quietly...she felt that was an apt PUNISHMENT. >>

<< Still, there was a surprising form of solace on its way to her.>>

Mina tilted her head sideways, looking down at the fallen child for a moment.

“Doctor Victoria, you did all you could for this girl. This Kelly WANTED to assassinate one or more of you. It is part of her perverse mind games – we saw that tonight. But if I may.”

Mina stepped forward.

“It may ease your pain to know that this is NOT Jasmine Klein. She is not the girl you knew. She was…just a lingering piece of her soul in this reality that deviant creature trapped with an obscene spell. A spell you all were affected by. It was merely an echo of the Frost you knew, perverted and made whole by magick, and fed by the emotional energy of those under the spell. Mainly you, Dr. Victoria, and you, MorningStar.”

She indicated to them both.

“The Jasmine Klein who stepped through the Siege Perilous years ago is still in whatever reality she was sent to.”

She looked down once again at the body before her.

“Breaching the barrier between the living and the dead is…foolish, to say the least. This woman who attacked us tonight is either incredibly brave or incredibly stupid to have attempted it - conducting souls, orchestrating such chaos.”

Mina thought for a moment, turning to Karen now.

“This should not even have been possible, but for… Do you remember the Blue Moon several months ago? It affected all magick users, but also magick itself. Doctor Victoria – Karen – I must impress upon you the importance of your daughter returning to this plane. Her absence is being felt by more than just her family and friends. It is imperative that she return as soon as possible. I implore you – urge her to return home at once.”
<< Karen eyes widened as Mina spoke. She even clutched her chest as she inhaled rather sharply, as the weight of Mina's revalation settled down on her!>>

by the dark moon!

<< This ENTIRE THING had been a most elaborate manipulation, wrought by that interloper! Christopher was never there. It was HER all along, HER and that water elemental!>>

<< Talisman violated the most primal and necessary aspects of existence as they knew it, the viel between this world and the after life, using magicks that were SURELY BEYOND her normal reach. THIS was chilling object lesson of the consequences of Spellbinder's continued absence. The Blue Moon- a trauma for Delilah, but NOT just Delilah, and one that carried ripple effects that were still being felt.>>

<< as Delilah stood up w/ the body of Frost in her arms...>>

Mina...

<< Karen reached her hand out to Mina's, not at all intimidated by her more fearsome appearence. The doctor had been in the presence of demons, even MONSTERS like Set. Mina reminded Karen of Morgan in a way. >>

I thank you for this information. It...DOES help me, tremendously.

<< It would ease SOME of the grief...but the guilt and the shame of her initial response to the revelation of Jasmine all those years ago, BEFORE most of the people in this room were even alive or of age? More than likely not. Karen was human...she was a woman and wife who had been humiliated by her husband...and in that moment of weakness, her resentment OVERRODE her instincts as a doctor and a mother. She had quietly made a very UNETHICAL choice regarding Jasmine, and even though the ACTUAL WOMAN was still wherever the Siege had sent her to, this soul echo of her given FORM by Talisman was a painful reminder that some choices carried LIFE LONG consequences.>>

<< Looking at Delilah, and Frost>>

But even this fragment...this soul echo Jasmine is a PART of her overall being. And as you said, it was pulled, twisted, perverted by the machinations of that awful woman Kelly. She engaged in a campaign of harrassment and terror against me, and she vexed friends that I care about. SHE (Kelly) has MUCH to answer for, and she will PAY for ALL of this.

<< She says as her balls her fist in true anger and resentment before reigning in her emotion, and speaking in a low tone. Karen had accepted her punishment sometime ago, which is why she rebuked Haleigh when the hybrid foolishly implied that Karen seemed to be looking for absolution from her when she finally REVEALED the extent of HER history with Jasmine. But just as Christopher had been made to pay for HIS crimes, KELLY, 2.0 or WHATEVER version of that twisted woman that had been Cameron and Alison's mother this was, WOULD PAY TOO!>>

But for now...As Oracle has stated, it is time for us to bury our dead.

And Mina, I will most CERTAINLY bring Spellbinder home.

<< She looks at Delilah with a calm expression.>>

<< This was going to be a heavy task, but a necessary one, and Karen had already resolved to take an ACTIVE role in faciliating reconciliation between Spellbinder and MorningStar. But FIRST, they would see that Frost was laid to rest.>>

<< Karen went over to Oracle and took the woman's hands into her own for a moment, but then, abandonning any attempt at professional detachment, she decided to EMBRACE Oracle>>

Oracle....thank you...ALL of you for your HELP, and for seeing the good and the honor in Frost that people far closer to her did not see in her original life.

We will make sure this piece of her overall being is laid to rest, and let us hope that wherever the ACTUAL Frost is...that she is experiencing the things she was wrongfully denied in this time and place.

<< She lets go of Oracle, and is now Looking at Oracle, Steel, Mina, Recall...and even that obtuse woman Valkyrie>>

I didn't know what to think whe I heard that Sharon and Alycia had joined this team called "Birds of Prey"...but I do now.

Thank you for chosing to help MorningStar and myself in this very personal situation.

<< Sharon and Alycia both make their way over to Karen, as they pass Delilah, they both place a hand on her shoulder or arm, giving her a gentle squeeze, before reaching Karen. Each of them hugs her. They love Karen and Delilah and they too were affected by the spell, but even without it, they would have gone to Karen's aid. Even so, they would not be leaving with Karen and Delilah now. Their place was with THEIR team, Oracle's team!>>

My friends...

<< Karen shudders with with a mix of grief and exhaustion>>

I didn't know what to make of your decision to leave the Six family to join this new team...but now I realize you're never truly gone from our family, you're just finding your own paths OUTSIDE of our family dynamic, and that's as it should be. There's so much that youtwo have to offer, and that you can do for the good for the world around us. You shouldn't simply be "six reservists"...but tonight proves that if WE need help, you'd come running...with Oracle's blessing.

I love you both, and I thank you.

Alycia: No thanks are needed, Karen. After all that we've been through together? Our history? You're right, we DO have a place HERE with the Birds of Prey, but we'll never forget where we came from, and we'll ALWAYS be connected, there are ties that run deep. More than that, we share a common goal. We'll be working for the same outcomes, but from a different approach, which ultimately will tip the scales in our collective favor!

Sharon: If you ever need us....we'll come running.

Alycia: Count on it.

<< In keeping with Oracle and Steel's office of assistance regarding Frost, Alycia passes Karen a special access card to Charope LLC and whispers to her>>

Alycia: IF you...need to place Frost's body somewhere safe until the funeral arrangements are in place...you'll find what you need in the Infirmary of my office. This access card has the clearance to allow you entry.

<< It was time for them all to depart. Shadow Weaver weaved another portal spell that would send The Birds of Prey back to the clock tower, allowing them to leave the Citadle sight unseen, while Delilah and Karen were now back above ground, in the lobby of the abandonned medical office, WELL out of the range of any stray creatures that might be lurking further back in the other areas in the medical office.>>

<< the two weary women look at one another in silence, as Karen stands right alongside of Delilah who is carrying Frost in her arms.>>

I ....just wanted us to have a moment to collect ourselves, before we go wherever we're going. I'm going to have to tell Blaze everything...and it's going to hurt her terribly. But Oracle provided an excellent counter point and food for thought for me. Sometimes, a "fresh set" of eyes is needed to help find a much healthier approach, and I am grateful to her for that. The young woman appears to be wise beyond her years.

<< She said in a low tone, as she looks at Frost's fallen form>>

Delilah, there are things that happened at the parthenon tonight that you're not aware of...but I can't discuss them with you because of doctor/ patient privilege. I'm only saying this now because I think that considering the circumstances, we should take Frost to Charope, LLC and place her there in the morgue for safe keeping until I discuss funeral arrangements with Blaze.

I don't want to hear ONE WRONG WORD out of Cameron's mouth regarding Frost...and I'm afraid of what I'll do if he says ANYTHING about us housing her anywhere in his dwelling.

<< Karen was STILL bitter toward Cameron, and even Haleigh, regarding their behavior toward Frost....and the sting of Valkyrie's words rang in her head even now.>>

If I hear ONE OBTUSE THING from ANY Of those children regarding Jasmine...

<< Karen shuts her eyes...and grits her teeth. She's struggling, but she pulls herself back.>>

....Let us go.

<< she places an arm around Delilah resting her hand on her surrogate daughter's back, and walking in synch with her. With each step they take, Karen begins to activate her portal spell once more, intending to take them to the morgue within Charope's Infirmary....but before they reach the front door and Karen can finish the spell...>>

Oracle

The Eye in the Sky
The Six
Real Name
Elizabeth York
Missions
Ability
Genius, Hacker
Oracle sat there, somber, feeling for the teammate they had lost and also those left behind. Karen came towards her, and Zizi tried to muster a smile.

But in a completely surprisingly turn of events, Dr. Victoria HUGGED her. Zizi put her arms around the doctor, rubbing her back in a comforting way.

Karen said:
Oracle....thank you...ALL of you for your HELP, and for seeing the good and the honor in Frost that people far closer to her did not see in her original life.
“Oh, shoot, Dr. Victoria, it was certainly our pleasure.”

Karen pulled away, and Zizi wiped her eyes.

Karen said:
Thank you for chosing to help MorningStar and myself in this very personal situation.
“We’re here for you, any time, please know that.”

Karen ignited another spell, opening a portal that would take them home. It had been a very long night, and Zizi was sorry to say she was looking forward to her bed.

She let the others go ahead of her, and then turned back before going through herself.

“Goodbye.”

MorningStar

Flash...bang!
The Six
Real Name
Delilah Trelaven
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Medical Offices

Karen said:
And Mina, I will most CERTAINLY bring Spellbinder home.
Delilah looked to Karen. Morgan…back…Delilah had just gotten back to being comfortable in New York. Morgan being here would throw a whole new wrench in things. Even if something funky was going on with magick, she wasn’t sure it was the best thing. Especially for her.

Karen hugged Oracle, and thanked her team for their help.

Karen said:
“You all fought very well out there – and I owe you one for coming to help us. Anytime you need my help, all you have to do is call.”

Karen thanked Alycia and Sharon as well, and gave them her blessing on this new team.

“See you both soon.”

She nodded to Steel.

“John.”

Karen opened a portal, and the Birds of Prey left, so that it was only Karen and Delilah. They made their way back to the medical offices above ground, where Karen stopped her.

Karen was concerned, understandably, about having to tell Blaze what had happened. She then concurred with Alycia’s suggestion to take Jasmine to Charope. Delilah listened, then nodded.

Internally, she was wondering what could have happened at the Parthenon that she hadn’t seen? Was the floor about to drop from under them yet again?

Karen said:
I don't want to hear ONE WRONG WORD out of Cameron's mouth regarding Frost...and I'm afraid of what I'll do if he says ANYTHING about us housing her anywhere in his dwelling.
“He won’t. Cameron will understand. He’s not as petulant as you think he is. But I agree with you, Charope is the best place for us to…take her.”

Delilah sounded weary, and she was. She felt like she hadn’t slept in a week. And what was Cameron going to say when he found out his mother was sort of alive?

Karen walked alongside her as they went into the portal, her arm around Delilah. And despite everything, it was the best feeling in the world.

Arsenal

Karen's Manmeat
The Six
Real Name
Michael Armstrong
Missions
Ability
Baseline Max Human Ability
....Let us go.

<< she places an arm around Delilah resting her hand on her surrogate daughter's back, and walking in synch with her. With each step they take, Karen begins to activate her portal spell once more, intending to take them to the morgue within Charope's Infirmary....but before they reach the front door and Karen can finish the spell...>>
KAREN!

Mike and the rest of the people following him burst into the room as the pair tried to leave with Jasmine. Without knowing everything, he looked at the young woman in Delilah's arms and the look on Doc's face as she lowered her hands and finally stopped running, just looking at him, then glancing at Jasmine before looking back at him, tears filling her eyes again.

Arsenal wordlessly moved forward and took the witch in his arms, allowing her to grieve as she buried her head in his chest and WEPT. Wept like you do when you know the person that is holding you will never judge you weak for leaning on them. When you realize that in your darkest hours that someone you were told would not be there....IS there and WILL BE THERE.

Mike rocked the psychotherapist, whispering in her ear that he was there, everything would be all right, that whatever she needed they would find a way to get through it. He could feel the anguish overtake Blaze as well and he opened an arm to embrace her as well, allowing her access to her mother as she also expressed her loss. Looking over his shoulder, he nodded to Zach, then to the body that a very weary-looking Delilah held. It would soon be time to deal with things, but for right now, he simply wanted Karen to hold on for a moment and allow him to give her strength to continue.

Seer

The Watcher
Residence
every place
Missions
<< There was no time table for grief or one method to process it. >>

<< Karen Victoria would carry a certain guilt and grief regarding Jasmine for the rest of her days. It was something that not even Michael could assist her with, but in this particular moment, other parts of her grief, her RAGE at the haunting shadow that Christopher continued to cast over her and her family, along with the revelation that this interloper, Kelly Shaw had CAPITALIZED on that in a most obscene way, and tampered with lingering presence of Jasmine Klein...VICTORY'S soul in this timeline....all in the name of "TESTING" Karen!? THIS was a VERY personal attack and violation, one that Karen would ensure to PAY BACK. Her heart , her very soul CHURNED with grief...guilt...and RAGE.>>

<< But again, in this moment, taking care of their dead was first and foremost, and doing what she could to hold her family together, and THEN? Speaking to Delilah about another equally important matter.>>

<< Being the family matriarch came with a certain prestige...and a unique burden, one that Karen Victoria had shouldered very well so far, but in this moment in Michael's arms, she expressed- even without words- the pain and FATIGUE she was feeling. Michael prooved Kelly Shaw WRONG. In spite of all that had happened, and even what Michael didn't know or quite understand yet, he prooved that he would be there with Karen, he'd stand with her through any darkness that was forming around her and her family- which he was now apart of.>>

<< Soon, She, Delilah, Michael and Frost were spirited away to the undergound Infirmary of Charope, LLC.>>

<< There, they carefully placed Frost's body for safe keeping for the time being.>>

<< After that? Back to the Parthenon. >>

<< Michael would be present with Karen as she discussed the matter of Frost with Blaze first, before anyone else was informed exactly what happened and the actual nature of Frost, her return, and demise.>>

<< But FIRST? Karen and Delilah needed to have a conversation, ALONE, in the War Room II.>>

<< And so, there they were.>>

<< Delilah sat. Karen slowly paced around the circular conference console.>>

<< They both knew what this was going to be about. Spellbinder.>>

Shadow Weaver

Demon Sorceress
The Six
Real Name
Karen Victoria
Residence
Minerva&#039;s Aerie
Missions
Ability
The Parthenon- War Room II

<< Karen slowly paced around the circular conference console.>>

<< She and Delilah had taken time to create a log for this entire incident. Once Karen pressed a button, it would enter into the Six's mission logs and would be available to everyone to review. But before she did that, she wanted to speak with Delilah about one last thing.>>

<< They both knew what it was. At the start of this whole thing, Karen had brought it up with Delilah. By the horrible end of it, Mina had brought it up. Spellbinder.>>

<< After a few moments of slow pacing, the doctor sat down...in the seat that would normally be occupied by Spellbinder, and she faced Delilah.>>

Delilah, your help and support to me during this whole incident tonight has been...INVALUABLE.

I can't thank you enough.

<< she bows her head>>

The road ahead will be difficult. After this moment, I'll be seeing Blaze, with Michael.

<< Looking up to the ceiling for another moment>>

And then there is the the matter of Cameron and Alison.

I'm not sure that Cameron will be able to handle the revelation of this woman, Kelly Shaw. She herself declared she was NO ONE'S mother...and yet...she's a cross time alternate of THEIR mother, Kelly King.

I'm afraid Cameron might see her as someone she is not, and has no intention of being toward him. After what she's done tonight, and what she implied she WOULD do if given the chance, there's no question...she MUST be ELIMINATED.

<<There was no room for discussion on this in Karen's mind, and the doctor decided that she would speak with Harbinger directly about this. She knew Alison would want Kelly dead. Alison loathed her mother, AND her other sister. She did not speak of EITHER of them after they died. She knew beyond all doubt because of reasons that no one on the current roster of the Six (excluding Morgan) would be aware of. There was a backstory between Karen and Alison that to date, no one on the team was aware of. >>

But the very fact that she WAS able to...give form to a linger presence....the astral echo of Frost, and use her as a pawn in psychological warfare....well it's as Mina said...the hierarchy and structure the magickal world, and magick itself on earth is out of balance, and that has become more apparent with the passage of time- and Morgan's absence.

<< She looks at Delilah.>>

There's something WRONG, Delilah....and tonight was perhaps the most glaring indication of it. We CAN'T afford to keep compounding the mistakes we've been making that contibute to this.

Delilah, the time has come for you and my daughter to face this. I'm afraid that I can no longer take a passive position on this. The blue moon didn't just effect you...it effected ALL of us, and a layer of existence in this world that is now being manipulated by interlopers like Talisman. Spellbinder MUST return, and the two of you MUST settle your differences.

After what we've just went through with Frost...would be fools to continue on current paths as though we have learned nothing.

Valkyrie's words...unfeeling as they were...did have a stinging truth to them.

<< She leans forward, and takes Delilah's hand into her own>>

If an outsider like her can so easily see our family failures, then it's high time we worked together to get our house in order so that we can face what is coming...TOGETHER!

MorningStar

The Six
Real Name
Delilah Trelaven
Residence
The Parthenon, NYC
Missions
Ability
The War Room

A ripple of apprehension went through Delilah as she sat around the War Room table, waiting for Karen to say what was on her mind. The only thing that kept it from being utterly uncomfortable was the fact that she was too tired to worry about it.

They had put this discussion off as long as they could – they had already created a report on what had happened, while the details were still fresh in their mind. Well, as fresh as they were going to get.

Karen sat next to her, and began.

Karen said:
Delilah, your help and support to me during this whole incident tonight has been...INVALUABLE. I can't thank you enough.
Delilah reached out and put her hand over Karen’s.

“I’ll always be there for you, Karen, no matter what. As I know you would be there for me. Have been for me.”

Karen said:
And then there is the the matter of Cameron and Alison. I'm not sure that Cameron will be able to handle the revelation of this woman, Kelly Shaw. She herself declared she was NO ONE'S mother...and yet...she's a cross time alternate of THEIR mother, Kelly King.

I'm afraid Cameron might see her as someone she is not, and has no intention of being toward him. After what she's done tonight, and what she implied she WOULD do if given the chance, there's no question...she MUST be ELIMINATED.
Delilah nodded. That woman…she was no mother. Could never BE anything but a threat to Cameron.

“Agreed. Cameron will understand that as well, in time. It’s not easy for him, for any of us, who have lost a mother…”

She stopped for a second.

“But he won’t put his sister or the rest of us in danger.”

She looked at Karen slightly askance.

“No matter what your opinion of him is.”

And then Karen got to what she had come here to say.

Karen said:
There's something WRONG, Delilah....and tonight was perhaps the most glaring indication of it. We CAN'T afford to keep compounding the mistakes we've been making that contribute to this. Delilah, the time has come for you and my daughter to face this. I'm afraid that I can no longer take a passive position on this. The blue moon didn't just effect you...it effected ALL of us, and a layer of existence in this world that is now being manipulated by interlopers like Talisman. Spellbinder MUST return, and the two of you MUST settle your differences.
Delilah stood from the table abruptly, and turned around, her back now to Karen.

“Don’t ask me to forget what has happened, Karen. I’m not that teenage girl anymore who did whatever Morgan wanted. I’ve ignored much, but I can’t ignore that.”

After a pause, she turned back around to face Karen.

“She will have to meet me halfway, and that’s not something Spellbinder is accustomed to doing.”

Delilah retook her seat.

“I know my duty, and I will do it, as I have always done. I will put the team first. But she was wrong, and you can’t expect things to be what they were until she admits that.”

Karen said:
After what we've just went through with Frost...would be fools to continue on current paths as though we have learned nothing. Valkyrie's words...unfeeling as they were...did have a stinging truth to them. If an outsider like her can so easily see our family failures, then it's high time we worked together to get our house in order so that we can face what is coming...TOGETHER!
Karen had taken Delilah’s hand.

Delilah shook her head.

“Together can’t just mean me, not this time.”

Shadow Weaver

Demon Sorceress
The Six
Real Name
Karen Victoria
Residence
Minerva&#039;s Aerie
Missions
Ability
The Parthenon- War Room II

Delilah stood from the table abruptly, and turned around, her back now to Karen.

“Don’t ask me to forget what has happened, Karen. I’m not that teenage girl anymore who did whatever Morgan wanted. I’ve ignored much, but I can’t ignore that.”
<< Karen's finely shaped eyebrows lifted as her eyes widened....before they narrowed with a look of disapproval>>

Just a moment, Delilah! don't you turn your back on me!

<< Karen said firmly>>

After everything we just went through this evening?

Do you think I sat you down to tell you to just...ROLL OVER and pretend like nothing happened? How DARE you underestimate me, and my consideration of YOUR feelings!

<< Karen said with a scolding tone>>

I am NOT Morgan, or Alison...and I am not going to allow you to reflexively REVERT just because this is a topic that is uncomfortable for you! TIME is something WE don't have anymore! That WOMAN that we faced tonight is proof of that!

OUR family is weak...and VULNERABLE right now...in more ways than you KNOW! << This was referring to the situation with HALEIGH, which Karen KNEW was the emotional and mental equivelant of a batch of TNT sticks just WAITING for its fuse to be lit!>>

Now you listen to me!

Delilah retook her seat.
Ororo and I....after the Inferno...WE created a failsafe, a series of STEPS and measures that we would use IF Morgan even lost control again. ONE of those included a "BACK DOOR" for ME to get to Morgan in LIMBO. No one, not even MORGAN is aware of this. It wouldn't even work, were it not for my being her MOTHER, and it's something that I would only use in case of an EMERGENCY. Well, Mina's dire warning to me resonated and my 7th sense tells me that I MUST take this course of action.

I'm TRUSTING you with this information, because IF something happens to me when I breach the barriers of Limbo, you'll need to inform the others.

I don't expect that it will, and I'm certainly not a young sprite when it comes to fighting demons and using magick...but there's always that risk....

<< Shocking news indeed. Karen paused and took a moment.>>

<< Moving on>>

The time has come for Morgan to return home, to her responsibilities HERE, and to FACE things HERE for the sake of herself AND this family...and that INCLUDES YOU, Delilah.

People make mistakes. TERRIBLE ONES....and YOU bore witness to the ultimate consequence of one of MY mistakes- from years ago- tonight << Frost>> Do I deserve to be forever scorned for that?! What about everyone else? If each of us was only weighed by our weakest moments or bad choices...then there'd be nobody left in this place!

A mistake...a bad choice...That does NOT mean that is all there is to that person, it does not negate what is in their heart , all the good they have done and what they may yet do! and it's time you recognized that.

I know what you want, and you DESERVE that from my daughter, and not once have I ever suggested otherwise. I don't ask, NOR do I expect you to just give her a pass. What I EXPECT, is that you be REASONABLE.

“I know my duty, and I will do it, as I have always done. I will put the team first. But she was wrong, and you can’t expect things to be what they were until she admits that.”
You CANNOT RECEIVE what my daughter may have to offer you with a closed, hard heart.

If that DREAM that you had meant anything to you...then you'll allow my daughter the chance to make this RIGHT, just as she has tried to fix OTHER mistakes she has made in the past.

This is not going to be handled in a "public forum" either. Part of the problem last time, is that you felt you were being attacked, judged from all sides. I will not allow you to be made to feel that way again.

This is PERSONAL. It will be handled between you and my daughter, and I will be present. I will not allow the others to have any input in this. I should have stepped in the last time, but I didn't. That's not a mistake I will make a second time. You two have been best friends...like sisters...since childhood! This is a FAMILY matter, and it will be treated as such.

Delilah shook her head.

“Together can’t just mean me, not this time.”
You're quite right, Delilah, and it won't be.

<< There was a tone in Karen's voice, that suggested to Delilah, she was not going to allow Morgan to try to run away or dictate this either. The doctor meant what she said about not being passive on this any longer, but there was a very real reason for that, and Karen knew Delilah understood that.>>

<< Karen softened>>

Delilah...you're not the only one who has changed. We all have. But our SOULS recognize one another no matter what, and we have to LISTEN to our hearts and find our way back to each other, and get in synch again, not only US...but the Six family as a whole. If we're going to deal with monsters like Talisman, that's the only way it's going to work.

WE. Nothing about that means or IMPLIES "YOU do all the work" Delilah, and IF there was any hint of that...even from my daughter, I will NOT allow it.

And now....

<< She said in a quieter tone>>

If you'll excuse me, I have to go and see my other daughter, and...talk to her about what's happened tonight, and laying her sister to rest.

From there....I will be going to retrieve Morgan.

When I contact you, it'll be time. Please be ready.

<< Karen stood up, and solemnly exited the War Room II>>

Seer said:
<< A short time later, we see Karen arrive at her guest suite in the parthenon. We see Karen look upon a grim Michael, who is sitting next to, and holding a visibly distressed Blaze Victory. Karen closes the doors, and begins the process of talking to Blaze and Michael, and preparing to make this journey of understanding and morning with her daughter over the loss of Frost- even a lingering echo of her- and the loss of a chance to show her what life with love, friendship and family could be like. BUT to balance that against the TRUTH- that in spite of all the pain, sufffering and abuse she'd endured, in a truly dark, and hopeless moment, Frost rose up in the face of danger and fought valiantly, not giving up. She DID die a HERO, and if that was but a PIECE of the actual Frost, imagine then, what the woman HERSELF could do!>>

MorningStar

The Six
Real Name
Delilah Trelaven
Residence
The Parthenon, NYC
Missions
Ability
The War Room

Karen scolded her, said that she didn’t want Delilah to just “roll over” when it came to Morgan. But didn’t she? All this talk about time, and the strife needing to end…wasn’t that just a lot of words for “get over it”?

Karen said:
Ororo and I....after the Inferno...WE created a failsafe, a series of STEPS and measures that we would use IF Morgan even lost control again. ONE of those included a "BACK DOOR" for ME to get to Morgan in LIMBO. No one, not even MORGAN is aware of this. It wouldn't even work, were it not for my being her MOTHER, and it's something that I would only use in case of an EMERGENCY. Well, Mina's dire warning to me resonated and my 7th sense tells me that I MUST take this course of action. I'm TRUSTING you with this information, because IF something happens to me when I breach the barriers of Limbo, you'll need to inform the others.
Delilah looked fearful. Karen was taking a big risk, clearly. Couldn’t Spellbinder just return, simply because her mother asked her to? Why did Karen need to go to Limbo? And then the thought struck her: who knew what had gone on while Morgan was away. What if she was a threat, even to her own mother? She had been once before…

Karen said:
The time has come for Morgan to return home, to her responsibilities HERE, and to FACE things HERE for the sake of herself AND this family...and that INCLUDES YOU, Delilah.
Delilah closed her eyes briefly. WOULD Morgan face it, though? Would she even come home?

Karen said:
People make mistakes. TERRIBLE ONES....and YOU bore witness to the ultimate consequence of one of MY mistakes- from years ago- tonight << Frost>> Do I deserve to be forever scorned for that?! What about everyone else? If each of us was only weighed by our weakest moments or bad choices...then there'd be nobody left in this place!
“Of course not…but…we all bear responsibility for what happened to Frost. And we shouldn’t forget the mistake we made just because it was from long ago.”

Karen said:
A mistake...a bad choice...That does NOT mean that is all there is to that person, it does not negate what is in their heart, all the good they have done and what they may yet do! and it's time you recognized that.
Tears sprang to Delilah’s eyes. How many times had the Six berated her about her past actions? They never forgot the things SHE did. Yet time and time again she told them that mistakes were just mistakes, that they weren’t bad people or monsters because of them, that they DID do good in this world. And what had it gotten her? Turned into a joke, someone whose opinion they routinely disregarded, even when it was about the most PERSONAL thing in her life.

Karen said:
I know what you want, and you DESERVE that from my daughter, and not once have I ever suggested otherwise. I don't ask, NOR do I expect you to just give her a pass. What I EXPECT, is that you be REASONABLE.
“Have I not been reasonable? Have I ever expected, asked for, more than I DESERVED? For people to own up to their mistakes? I have given up EVERYTHING for them, for MORGAN. I’VE been the one who was THERE. I didn’t flit off to Limbo, no matter how bad it was. Yet she can do it as a matter of course!”

Karen said:
You CANNOT RECEIVE what my daughter may have to offer you with a closed, hard heart.
Delilah stopped. Took a deep breath, her eyes wide at Karen.

Karen said:
If that DREAM that you had meant anything to you...then you'll allow my daughter the chance to make this RIGHT, just as she has tried to fix OTHER mistakes she has made in the past.
Delilah shook her head sadly.

“All I can give her is a chance, but she is the one who will need to take it.”

Karen said:
This is PERSONAL. It will be handled between you and my daughter, and I will be present. I will not allow the others to have any input in this. I should have stepped in the last time, but I didn't. That's not a mistake I will make a second time. You two have been best friends...like sisters...since childhood! This is a FAMILY matter, and it will be treated as such.
The dream…it had felt so right to make up with Morgan. But she had thought she was about to die. And now, it didn’t seem so easy. She wasn’t so sure they would ever be family again. She wasn’t sure that Morgan would even want that.

Karen said:
Delilah...you're not the only one who has changed. We all have. But our SOULS recognize one another no matter what, and we have to LISTEN to our hearts and find our way back to each other, and get in synch again, not only US...but the Six family as a whole. If we're going to deal with monsters like Talisman, that's the only way it's going to work. WE. Nothing about that means or IMPLIES "YOU do all the work" Delilah, and IF there was any hint of that...even from my daughter, I will NOT allow it.
Delilah nodded.

Karen saying that did make her feel better. But still, something nagged at her, that Karen wouldn’t be able to stop it, couldn’t just wave her hand and make it better the way she healed their physical wounds. But she owed a lot to Karen, over a lot of years. IF Spellbinder returned, and IF she was sorry for what she had done, then Delilah would listen. And that’s all she would or could promise.

Karen said:
And now...If you'll excuse me, I have to go and see my other daughter, and...talk to her about what's happened tonight, and laying her sister to rest. From there....I will be going to retrieve Morgan. When I contact you, it'll be time. Please be ready.
Delilah doubted she would ever truly be “ready”.

She watched Karen go, and sat there at the table for a time before getting up. There was one more thing she needed to do before she slept, and it was not going to be easy. She pulled out her cell phone, opened her contacts and hit the call button.

“Cameron…it’s Delilah…I…need you to call me, as soon as you get this. Or come down to my suite…doesn’t matter what time it is. I need to talk to you. It’s important.”

Pressing end on the call, she slipped the phone in her pocket and started back to her suite.

Prophet
Prophet
I just love Delilah. And I'm glad that she's remained strong in her convictions!

Seer

The Watcher
Residence
every place
Missions
The Clock Tower

<< Oracle and her team returned home, battle worn and weary.>>

<<So much had happened in the past 24 hours, and while there was a strong sense that they had been helpful to Shadow Weaver and MorningStar, those who had been effected by Talisman's spell were still reeling from the revelation about Frost.>>

<< Oracle wanted Isis to check over those who had been affected by Talisman's spell, and the sorceress, who had returned to the Clock tower with Richard while they were out in the field, agreed to do so. She confirmed that Sharon, Alycia, Vivica and Zach were FREE from the spell, but that some of them, Alycia in particular, experienced very real emotion regarding the fate of Frost. Of the four of them, Alycia had had the most previous contact with the woman, and had genuinely tried to help her connect with her family.>>

<< She advised Sharon, Alycia, Zach and Vivica not to fret or second guess themselves regarding this, or their feelings and actions. They'd been effected because they had a legitimate connection to Karen, and varying degrees of connection to Frost, and on some level, they DID want to help her. As Mina had said earlier, Karen did all she could, as did the rest of them.>>

<< The REAL person to blame is that "INTERLOPER". Oracle and Vivica would note that Isis chose the same exact word to describe her that Karen had, even though she'd not been present.>>

<< Speaking of her absence, Valkyrie wanted to try and force that issue. Isis flat out ignored Valkyrie's attempts to question her non-cooperation, and proceeded to gift Oracle with something unexpected.>>

<< It was a crystal that contained shocking and indepth images and other information she'd obtained from the RUNES she'd affixed to various places inside the Hellfire Mansion.>>

<< Among other things, a clear indiciation of a ROSTER change, and CONFIRMATION that the women they'd encountered in the CITADLE tonight were affiliated with the Hellfire Club! Talisman herself was Isis' successor in the role of the Inner Circle's Black Queen!>>

<< This kind of intelligence was MASSIVE, and it was a reminder to Oracle, that Isis was definitely a mysterious but VALUABLE addition to the team, despite what vocal objections Valkyrie may have about her.>>

<< It's worth noting that between Talisman's BITING reminder to Valkyrie about her own disgrace and banishment from the Hellfire Club, along with Isis' bombshell reveal, the Birds of Prey definitely had more of a tie to this situation than even the Six might have realized. >>

<< and speaking of new additions to the team, Tachyon was now to be formally introduced to everyone- including Isis and Matrix.>>

Oracle

The Eye in the Sky
The Six
Real Name
Elizabeth York
Missions
Ability
Genius, Hacker
The Clocktower

There was nothing more Oracle wanted than to get some much-needed sleep, but there were things to sort of before that could happen. She was worried about the after-effects of the spell Talisman had put on some of her team, and she needed a magick user to ascertain if there was anything of it still with them. Isis, of course, agreed to help, and confirmed they were free of the spell. That was a relief, but Zizi was still worried about Alycia. She would have to recommend, when they next had a private moment, that she seek out help, either Karen or some other counselor, to deal with the issues she was having.

The rift between Ashley and Isis – and even Ashley and the Amazons – was a problem. After lambasting Isis for not being around to help them – when they ended up fighting a powerful magick user – she stormed off to her bedroom and slammed the door. But how could she get the two of them to see each other for what they were, allies? It was a dilemma for another time but one that would not be far from her mind.

Dominique did not seem to take out her feelings about Ashley out on the rest of them, even giving Oracle some excellent data on nothing less than the Hellfire Club!

“Dominique…this…this is AMAZING! THANK YOU! This woman…she’s the new Black Queen? That is troubling indeed.”

Zizi couldn’t wait to delve deeper into the information, but she had to hold off.

“Everyone, I have something very important to announce to you all. And someone very important to welcome.”

She wheeled herself to where Xavier was standing, and pulled him with her into the group.

“This is Xavier, code-named Tachyon – those of you who were there tonight or at St. Patrick’s got to see him in action, but I thought it was time to introduce him officially, as he has graciously agreed to join our team!”

Zizi smiled brightly at him.

“He’s a speedster, as most of you know. He likes archaeology and architecture, and he also likes to give massages and make rum raisin cookies. So welcome, Xavier.”

She then indicated each person in turn.

“So that’s Dominique Devereaux, Isis, magick user – you might recognize her from stage and song. And her…ward…Rich Martin, shapeshifter – quite cool. That’s John Luther, Steel, metal skin. Mina Harker, vampire and very famous pianist. Vivica Lennox, Recall, gallery owner – you two should hit it off – and gifted with perfect memory. Zachary Armani, Orion, empath. Silver Swan, Sharon Kelly and Charope, Alycia Barnett – Amazons. And that was Ashley, she’s a Valkyrie. She tends to get…grouchy.”

Oracle looked at Xavier a little sheepishly.

“And that’s everyone.”

Tachyon

Catch me if you can!!
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Xavier Winston, Jr.
Missions
Ability
Hyperspeed, Magic Tracking, Magic Immunity, Super Strength, Escapism
They made it back to the Clocktower after a sad scene with the loss of a young girl. He filed that away in his mind as motivation for when next he met the pinch-prick responsible.

So they were back and Ashley was in a GREAT MOOD! She went at someone who seemed familiar as hell, them slammed the door as she left.

Hey! You owe me a drink!

Back to business, Zizi pulled him over and introduced him to everyone.

“So that’s Dominique Devereaux, Isis, magick user – you might recognize her from stage and song. And her…ward…Rich Martin, shapeshifter – quite cool. That’s John Luther, Steel, metal skin. Mina Harker, vampire and very famous pianist. Vivica Lennox, Recall, gallery owner – you two should hit it off – and gifted with perfect memory. Zachary Armani, Orion, empath. Silver Swan, Sharon Kelly and Charope, Alycia Barnett – Amazons. And that was Ashley, she’s a Valkyrie. She tends to get…grouchy.”

“And that’s everyone.”
He looked Isis over....

DOMINIQUE DEVEREAUX! I...am...a...HUGE....fan. I have all of your albums and I fell in love with you in that duet with Brian McKnight. It is an HONOR.

His gaze met that of her...ward...and Rich's look said back off. He nodded silently to the kid and moved on.

He shook Steel's hand, noting that he seemed hard as steel even when he wasn't.

He next heard the name, noted it, thought of what she was....and his mouth dropped.

Mina...HARKER? THAT Harker? Curator of curious, important and powerful items and talismans and books, many important books.

He walked slowly closer to Mina as he spoke. He had not spoken her husband's name, but he knew it and she knew that he knew it. They also both knew he was no longer with the living due to terrible circumstances.

I have tremendous respect for what I know of your husband. I would consider it an honor if you would ever allow a student to be taught through the items he collected.

He moved next to Recall. A gallery owner and hyperthymesic? Interesting. And pretty to boot.

I will have to see your collection sometime. I apparently have quarters to modify to my tastes.

He nodded and shook Orion's hand, he recalled him coming in with the largest man ever who hugged the young sorceress that everyone treated like she was old tight and let her cry it out.

And now Silver Swan and Charope...AMAZONS. He kissed an Amazon on Day 1. A real goddamn Amazon. There you have it.

He nodded to SS and spoke.

Amazons?! An honor. And I would apologize for the liberty taken madam if it were not for the fact that it made my day. You are quite lovely and I am glad to have been of service.

Looking around, Xavier smiled at everyone and then realized...he was hungry! Something about time zones or running or whatever, but there was a need there.

So....anyone up for dinner and drinks?

Isis

Black Diamond
Birds of Prey
Real Name
Dominique Deveraux
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Explosive sand cloud form, attributes of Isis - the egyptian goddess of rebirth &amp; magick
The Clocktower- Not-so-New Arrival

:: Isis had given Silver Swan, Charope, Recall and Orion, a "clean bill of health" as it were. They were no longer effected by the twisted magicks of that interloper, whom she now knew was her successor as the Hellfire Club's Black Queen. She couldn't decide if Malice had been desperate or incredibly careless in chosing someone like HER.::

:: But at this moment, her teammates were overall, okay, and would recover from the lingering mental effects. Alycia, because of her past dealings with Frost, and her ties to Karen, would be the one who would require the most continued support, and Oracle recognized that. ::

:: Valkyrie loudly and pointedly berated Isis for her non cooperation, and shockingly to some in attendance, the sorceress appeared UNBOTHERED.::

:: Earlier, it had occurred to Dominique that the easiest thing would simply be to regard Ashley as if she were a simple townsperson, and easily dismissed. To argue with her would be as futile trying to drown an ocean, not because Dominique was afraid, or not up to the task of being "...the biggest bitch she's ever met," but because there was simply no point. As much of a bitch as Dominique was, Ashley was equal parts stubborn and obtuse. She would never change, and Dominique was not about to cave in to someone as crass and uncouth as her. ::

:: Earlier When Dominique read her for utter filth and then teleported her out of her suite, that was the beginning of a new method "policy and procedure" Isis would take when dealing with her. She noted how angered the woman was by the forced evacuation, and it pleased her immensely.::

:: And so, when the birds of prey returned to the clock tower, completely unaware of the activities that Richard and herself had been up to, and certainly not aware of the TRUTH BOMB regarding Black Widow, Ashley's attempts to call Dominique out and take her to task were about as effective as trying to water a piece of cement.::

:: Oracle, Steel and even the Amazons noted Dominique's aloof tone toward Ashley as she utterly ignored the valkyrior,which only seemed to inflame Ashley even more. Oracle ALSO noted the SMIRK on Dominique's face when Ashley finally stormed out, SLAMMING the door to her room. She recognized a passive provocation, and it was clear Dominique wasn't trying to hide what she was doing either.::

The rift between Ashley and Isis – and even Ashley and the Amazons – was a problem. After lambasting Isis for not being around to help them – when they ended up fighting a powerful magick user – she stormed off to her bedroom and slammed the door. But how could she get the two of them to see each other for what they were, allies? It was a dilemma for another time but one that would not be far from her mind.
:: After the asgardian wilderbeast retired to her cave, Dominique, now satisfied that she was in the presence of beings capable of higher brain function and levels of communication, offered Oracle a surprising gift of sorts::

It's a crystal that contains extensive information that I have gathered, while Richard and I were on an urgent personal mission this evening. You'll find that there is "UP TO THE MINUTE" intelligence regarding structural changes, as well as roster changes occurring to the Hellfire CLub's inner circle- including confirmation that the woman you faced this evening....that unnatural interloper who calls herself Talisman...is myy successor as the Black Queen.

That water elemental who destroyed Frost...or rather what was made to APPEAR to be Frost...is Fathom, and is Malice's white knight. She is an omega level mutant but she REEKS of science, likely the manipulations of Talisman.

If you have any questions or need any details, I'll be happy to discuss those with you further....after you've gotten yourself some rest.

:: Dominique noted that Zizi WAS tired...they ALL were, and after what they'd been through this evening, the fatigue was more than physical. Dominique DID feel a small twinge of regret...NOT being on hand to help Shadow Weaver, whom she had respect for and a sense of camaraderie with ever since they suffered and then STOOD together against Circle's attacks during the BLUE MOON.::

:: But if what she saw in the Hellfire Club tonight was any indication, ALONG with what she'd witnessed regarding HALEIGH!? Dominique knew that it was JUST a matter of time before she'd likely be standing shoulder to shoulder with Karen and if she could assist Karen in SLAPPING DOWN that Shaw woman, it would be a PLEASURE.::

“Dominique…this…this is AMAZING! THANK YOU! This woman…she’s the new Black Queen? That is troubling indeed.”

Zizi couldn’t wait to delve deeper into the information, but she had to hold off.
My activity this evening afforded me the unique opportunity to obtain this information, and I immediately thought of you, as well as the benefit and strategic advantage this would give the team. After all, we do not have the benefit of a PRECOG in our midst.

Zizi said:
“Everyone, I have something very important to announce to you all. And someone very important to welcome.”

She wheeled herself to where Xavier was standing, and pulled him with her into the group.

“This is Xavier, code-named Tachyon – those of you who were there tonight or at St. Patrick’s got to see him in action, but I thought it was time to introduce him officially, as he has graciously agreed to join our team!”

Zizi smiled brightly at him.

“He’s a speedster, as most of you know. He likes archaeology and architecture, and he also likes to give massages and make rum raisin cookies. So welcome, Xavier.”

“And that’s everyone.”

:: Isis studied the young man. Handsome, charming, and a powerful mana as well! Of course she'd seen him in action at St. Patrick's Cathedral, but looking at him now, she sensed a worldliness about him that would likely make him intriguing to converse with.::

He looked Isis over....

DOMINIQUE DEVEREAUX! I...am...a...HUGE....fan. I have all of your albums and I fell in love with you in that duet with Brian McKnight. It is an HONOR.

His gaze met that of her...ward...and Rich's look said back off. He nodded silently to the kid and moved on.
Hmmm. Worldly, AND good taste in music. A pleasure indeed, young man.

:: She extended her hand to Xavier, even as her young, and at times...territorial ward...eyed the speedster::

Thank you.

I would be happy to have you as a guest at one of my upcoming shows.

:: Isis had to hand it to Oracle, the young woman knew how to pull a truly DIVERSE group of people together, and she was making it WORK! Despite that wild banshee in the bedroom, The Birds of Prey had an overall sense of calm and direction that the Six often LACKED::

Xavier said:
Looking around, Xavier smiled at everyone and then realized...he was hungry! Something about time zones or running or whatever, but there was a need there.

As tempting as the offer is, I'm afraid I'll have to pass. I have other matters to attend to at this time. HOWEVER...

:: With a hand gently on the center of Richard's back, Dominique URGES him forward::

Be POLITE, Richard.

:: She says to him via the "hearing thoughts" spell she cast between them::

My young ward, Richard Martin, I'm sure would be delighted to take you up on your offer!

It'll be good for you to meet other PEERS on this team, and unlike that SHE-DEVIL Ashley, I suspect that this will be time well spent! Plus...aren't you ALWAYS hungry?

:: A little light teasing at the end there to lighten the mood, as Dominique gently squeezes Richard's shoulder::

Matrix

Rising Star
Hellfire Club
Missions
Ability
Ultra-Omnimorph
After-fight meeting. Everyone was a little dusty but everyone came home so good. Ashley was chirping at Miss D but whatever. Then Zizi introduced this new guy, a speedster.

He was aight but his eyes was full of Dominique. She can do what she wants but I don't know this motherfucker-move on.

The new guy was hungry, hell, Rich was too! And no sooner than that...

As tempting as the offer is, I'm afraid I'll have to pass. I have other matters to attend to at this time. HOWEVER...

:: With a hand gently on the center of Richard's back, Dominique URGES him forward::

Be POLITE, Richard.
Richard stood still, taking the guy in with a gaze that was one part inquisitive, one part predatory. He said nothing.

It'll be good for you to meet other PEERS on this team, and unlike that SHE-DEVIL Ashley, I suspect that this will be time well spent! Plus...aren't you ALWAYS hungry?

:: A little light teasing at the end there to lighten the mood, as Dominique gently squeezes Richard's shoulder::
You got jokes Miss D. I got you when I get back.

Rich finally smiles and extends his hand to Xavier, shaking the speedsters hand.

No problem. There is a pub up the street with good food, big portions and the game is always on. Get washed up and we can roll in a few minutes when you are ready. Anyone is welcome, we can talk it up a little. I got you. Consider it a welcome to the team meal. Meet me downstairs in 15 minutes.

Richard watched as the new guy was shown to his quarters. He took a chair beside Isis and relaxed, waiting.

Mina Harker

Naughty or Nice?
The Six
Real Name
Mina Murray Harker
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Psychometric Sixth Sense
The Clocktower

Mina’s senses were still buzzing. And though she could control her bloodlust after all this time, she certainly felt the thirst after such an evening. According to Isis, everyone who had been affected by the spell was going to be fine, and Mina was looking forward to wrapping this up quickly so she could enjoy what was left of the night.

Ashley was being a right cow, as usual, throwing her toys out of the pram and storming off.

Xavier said:
Hey! You owe me a drink!
Valkyrie: [angrily calling behind her] “Fuck off!”

“Lovely.”

Isis had given some data to Zizi.

Oracle said:
”This woman…she’s the new Black Queen? That is troubling indeed.”
“Quite troubling. The next time we face her, it will not be with only one minion. We need to prepare.”

Zizi then introduced the speedster who had arrived just in the nick of time so to speak at the Citadel. Mina nodded, closing her eyes briefly, as Oracle introduced her.

Tachyon said:
Mina...HARKER? THAT Harker? Curator of curious, important and powerful items and talismans and books, many important books. I have tremendous respect for what I know of your husband. I would consider it an honor if you would ever allow a student to be taught through the items he collected.
Mina looked him up and down, remembering for later. She levelled a steely gaze at him as he suggested…handling…her husband’s collection.

“We shall see. It is not a lending library, as such.”

Speaking to Alison had done much to allay her fears about someone like Xavier joining their team. However, allowing him access to the collection was an entirely different circumstance altogether.

The young men had decided to go to a pub, where there would most certainly be a game on.

"I fear I have a previous engagement, but please, run along and enjoy yourselves."

Steel

Mutant Policeman
Birds of Prey
Real Name
John Steele
Residence
New York City
Missions
Ability
Body tranforms into organic steel
The Clocktower

Steel was happy to hear that there were no leftover effects of the spell Talisman had cast. Now, their focus could be on giving it back to Kelly, with interest.

Ashley was not happy to have Isis there, after she had refused her assistance earlier in the evening. She stormed off, and he called after her but she didn’t bother to even turn around.

“Oh, come on, Ash…”

Truth was, he sort of agreed with her, at least in principle. He hadn’t been there earlier, but had heard about what had happened. Either Dominique was a part of the team, or she wasn’t. You couldn’t pick and choose. And even though he was only an auxiliary member himself, he had come when Zizi called.

And there was a new addition to the team, the speedster from earlier, who was called Xavier. Zizi introduced him, and the young man reached out his hand. Steel clasped it firmly.

“Oh yeah, yeah – I remember you from the Purifiers thing. John Steel, nice to meet you. Er - welcome.”

Tachyon said:
“I’m up for it mate.”

Matrix said:
There is a pub up the street with good food, big portions and the game is always on. Get washed up and we can roll in a few minutes when you are ready. Anyone is welcome, we can talk it up a little.
“You’re speaking my language, let’s go.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.